Thread Rating:

AZDuffman
AZDuffman 
  • Threads: 217
February 20th, 2019 at 3:46:11 PM permalink
Quote: TigerWu

If he should be suing anyone, it's that Native American guy. His original interview is where the whole story started going off the rails. But his lawyers probably said, "No, we need to go after someone with money. It'll be an easy settlement."

But the lamestream, drive-by media ran with it without checking facts. Same as hey always do when they can make a conservative look bad. Same as they assumed there was nothing strange with a woman who said she enjoyed the Kavanaugh rape parties so much she went back to them several times. Same as the just assumed old memos about Bush made on Word were the real thing. And not to forget same as they believed two guys beat up a guy and poured bleach on him, shouting "MAGA."

I hope the kid cleans their clocks. Not that they will learn.
Tolerance is the virtue of believing in nothing
billryan
billryan 
  • Threads: 146
February 20th, 2019 at 3:52:48 PM permalink
Quote: rxwine

Unfortunately, I think the Post lawyers are going to have to consider how a jury might react to a fresh faced kid against a newspaper conglomerate. I think they may indeed offer a settlement. Personally I'd like to see it settled in court, but it's not my money to lose.

I think the kid's lawyers smelled a money grab and took it.

Of course they did. Wouldn't you? Of all the media outlets they can sue, do you think its a coincidence they are going after The Post first?
Any settlement with the Post sets up literally hundreds of similar suits.
Not to worry. I'm sure another caravan will form and the circus will move on.
FinsRule
FinsRule
  • Threads: 119
February 20th, 2019 at 3:57:16 PM permalink
I didnít see anything written that was untrue. Except the kidís statement that made it seem like he was trying to be the peacemaker.
Steverinos
Steverinos
  • Threads: 5
February 20th, 2019 at 3:59:06 PM permalink
Are they suing their own school which immediately condemned their actions and said that their behavior "lacked dignity and respect for the human person"? They saw the same videos that the media outlets saw.
Steverinos
Steverinos
  • Threads: 5
February 20th, 2019 at 4:01:26 PM permalink
Quote: FinsRule

I didnít see anything written that was untrue.

I didn't either but I've run out of my free articles on WaPo on every browser I have, lol. The major complaint in the lawsuit is that the Post engage in "moder-day form of McCarthyism by competing with CNN and NBC< among others, to claim leadership of a mainstream and social media mob of bullies."

Ummm, okay. Seems like a stretch but I guess we'll see.
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 75
February 20th, 2019 at 4:12:24 PM permalink
Quote: rxwine

Unfortunately, I think the Post lawyers are going to have to consider how a jury might react to a fresh faced kid against a newspaper conglomerate. I think they may indeed offer a settlement. Personally I'd like to see it settled in court, but it's not my money to lose.
I think the kid's lawyers smelled a money grab and took it.

No way the post settles. Its a extremely weak case. You cant sue if a newspaper gets it wrong. You only win if you can prove the post knew the truth and lied anyway. Just getting a story wrong is not actionable.
The post settles, it opens the floodgates
Besides, how do you concretely prove that you have been damaged to the tune of 250 mil???????????? Its impossible.
"Everybody's bragging and drinking that wine, I can tell the Queen of Diamonds by the way she shines, Come to Daddy on an inside straight, I got no chance of losing this time" -Grateful Dead- "Loser"
Fleaswatter
Fleaswatter
  • Threads: 10
February 20th, 2019 at 5:14:17 PM permalink
Quote: terapined

No way the post settles.

I strongly believe that you are completely wrong. The post will either settle or lose in court. I will bet you one hundred dollars that the Washington Post will either settle out of court or lose in court.
new motto for the left: ďI don't know if I received bad information, but I think I suspected there was more than there actually was,Ē (John Brennan Mar 25, 2019)
ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 15
February 20th, 2019 at 5:24:42 PM permalink
Quote: Fleaswatter

I strongly believe that you are completely wrong. The post will either settle or lose in court. I will bet you one hundred dollars that the Washington Post will either settle out of court or lose in court.

It could take years to resolve this bet.
Lock him up!
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 100
February 20th, 2019 at 5:57:41 PM permalink

I'll go a hundred too if terapined really wants to bet. I'm not disagreeing with Ed that possibly the WP might have not erred enough to properly lose the lawsuit, but in the real world a million or so with a Stormy Daniels type non disclosure agreement is not that big a price to pay for their pathetic reporting.
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 75
February 20th, 2019 at 5:58:01 PM permalink

How about this
He wins 125 million or the Post settles for 125 million in 1 year from today, I pay you 100.00.
He only has to win 1/2 of what he is demanding
He does not get the 125 mil after 1 year, I win 100.00
"Everybody's bragging and drinking that wine, I can tell the Queen of Diamonds by the way she shines, Come to Daddy on an inside straight, I got no chance of losing this time" -Grateful Dead- "Loser"

• Jump to: