Thread Rating:

AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 240
March 13th, 2018 at 2:56:38 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

Do you want your local police working with the IRS? If not, why do want them working with the INS?
The INS has a job to do. It enforces Federal Law. Just as an INS agent isn't going to pull you over for speeding, or ticket you for jaywalking, local police officers shouldn't be enforcing Federal Immigration Law.
Seems that the same hypocrites that scream out about States Rights in other cases want to ignore them in this.

Not a valid comparison. An illegal alien is breaking the law by being here. No difference in turning them over to ICE than holding a person with federal warrants for say selling heroin.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
March 13th, 2018 at 3:05:40 PM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

By the end of 2018 20:1. Before he finishes his first term 5:8. Before he finishes a 2nd term 1:10.

Totally numbers out of SWAGS. My thinking.

I don't think he will be removed by this Congress. The next one won't start until Jan 2019. Trump will not resign, ever. So the first one would be a very long shot.

The next Congress will more likely be Democrat as a blowback midterm correction. Even if he weren't a lightning rod and unpopular, that's what happens historically. If it's a Democratic House and Senate, he will very likely be impeached . But it will depend on election results. So the 2nd number.

If he's still in office by the 2020 election, I don't see him winning re:election, or in the unlikely event he does, surviving a full 2nd term. So the 3rd number.

JMHO.

If he is impeached you can kiss the republic goodbye because “not liking him” becomes an impeachable offense.

We then become a banana republic.
billryan
billryan
March 13th, 2018 at 3:05:44 PM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

Not a valid comparison. An illegal alien is breaking the law by being here. No difference in turning them over to ICE than holding a person with federal warrants for say selling heroin.

It is not local police departments job to secure the border.
The INS puts out' holds" on people they want. They can find out when they are to be released and be there to take them into custody. What would be illegal is for a local jail to hold a person after they are scheduled to be released. My counties attitude, when I lived in NY, was if you want them, come get them. They have better things to do than house and feed people who have already done the time for their crime.
The INS wants the local cops to do their job for them.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
Steverinos
Steverinos
  • Threads: 5
March 13th, 2018 at 3:14:17 PM permalink
Interesting reads.

https://www.vox.com/2017/12/20/16772670/baby-boomers-millennials-congress-debt

https://www.bostonglobe.com/ideas/2017/02/26/how-baby-boomers-destroyed-everything/lVB9eG5mATw3wxo6XmDZFL/story.html

In 1976, the debt-to-GDP ratio was about 35 percent. It's roughly 103 percent today and rising.

It's interesting to see everybody blame immigrants or millennials for the issues of today that have largely been handed down from the boomer generation. Since this is a gambling site, I'd wager that the majority of folks that do blame everybody but their own generation for our country's problem were born between 1946 and 1964.
TigerWu
TigerWu
  • Threads: 26
March 13th, 2018 at 3:15:19 PM permalink

If he is impeached you can kiss the republic goodbye because “not liking him” becomes an impeachable offense.

I suspect they would try to come up with a much more valid reason to attempt an impeachment other than "not liking him."
TigerWu
TigerWu
March 13th, 2018 at 3:19:37 PM permalink
Quote: Steverinos

It's interesting to see everybody blame immigrants or millennials for the issues of today that have largely been handed down from the boomer generation. Since this is a gambling site, I'd wager that the majority of folks that do blame everybody but their own generation for our country's problem were born between 1946 and 1964.

I'm just glad I'm a Gen-Xer. I'll let the Boomers and Millenials fight it out and I'll pick up the scraps!
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
March 13th, 2018 at 3:20:57 PM permalink

Interesting reads.

https://www.vox.com/2017/12/20/16772670/baby-boomers-millennials-congress-debt

https://www.bostonglobe.com/ideas/2017/02/26/how-baby-boomers-destroyed-everything/lVB9eG5mATw3wxo6XmDZFL/story.html

In 1976, the debt-to-GDP ratio was about 35 percent. It's roughly 103 percent today and rising.

Fwiw, I'm a boomer, and I absofreakinlutely blame my generation for being the most self-involved, wasteful, antipathic, asinine, irresponsible generation America ever has seen. We are shameless about it, too.

The kids under 30 are much more aware of what's important and if some individuals are not, you can thank their parents.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
March 13th, 2018 at 3:22:52 PM permalink

If it wouldn't be the 20th time you and I have had this exchange, I would list his impeachable offenses.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
March 13th, 2018 at 3:27:41 PM permalink
Tillerson opposed Trump on too many
core issues. The Paris Accords, N Korea,
the embassy in Israel, the Iran deal. So Trump
gave him the ultimate face slap, fired him
with a tweet. Two CEO's, two Alpha's, it
was a pissing contest from the outset. This
was bound to happen.

Priceless..
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
Steverinos
Steverinos
Thanked by
beachbumbabs
March 13th, 2018 at 3:27:53 PM permalink

"I, Donald John Trump, do solemnly swear that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States; and will, to the best of my ability, preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the United States, so help me God." - January 20, 2017.

The Constitution of the United States reads in part, “Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.”

“It’s frankly disgusting the way the press is able to write whatever they want to write and people should want to look into it.” - DJT Tweet

“Network news has become so partisan, distorted and fake that licenses must be challenged and, if appropriate, revoked. Not fair to public!” - DJT Tweet

“With all of the Fake News coming out of NBC and the Networks, at what point is it appropriate to challenge their License? Bad for country!” - DJT Tweet

“Why Isn’t the Senate Intel Committee looking into the Fake News Networks in OUR country to see why so much of our news is just made up-FAKE!” - DJT Tweet

“Drain the Swamp should be changed to Drain the Sewer - it’s actually much worse than anyone ever thought, and it begins with the Fake News!” - DJT Tweet

“With all of its phony unnamed sources & highly slanted & even fraudulent reporting, #Fake News is DISTORTING DEMOCRACY in our country!” - DJT Tweet

“The FAKE NEWS media (failing @nytimes, @CNN, @NBCNews and many more) is not my enemy, it is the enemy of the American people. SICK!” - DJT Tweet

While I think Donald Trump is a despicable human being and acts like a complete douche on a regular basis, it also is pretty apparent that the oath he took on inauguration day to protect and DEFEND the Constitution is in DIRECT conflict with his countless statements and can easily be considered an impeachable offense.

Not to mention the plethora of other offenses that can also be considered impeachable. Firing James Comey because of "his investigation into Hillary's email server", only to admit to Lester Holt on national television that it was because of this "Russia thing"?

Impeached because we don't like him? Puh-lease.
RonC
RonC
  • Threads: 40
March 13th, 2018 at 3:29:12 PM permalink

If it's a Democratic House and Senate, he will very likely be impeached.

I get it. Maybe you despise the guy. Maybe you think HRC won. There are a ton of maybes; I won't pretend to get inside of your thoughts...

This is the thing. Impeach him for what? Oh, yeah, it is possible...if the Mueller investigation gets to an impeachable "High Crime or Misdemeanor" of the President. It is just that we are not there yet. I don't think we are near there yet. Could he say something stupid and get caught in a perjury trap? Sure. Anyone who talks too much can talk themselves into making a false statement.

It isn't all about being against Trump. Just as I mentioned on the other site, you have to be aware of what the actions you take against the President or, in that case, to change the rules of the Senate, carry as possible consequences further down the road.

If he is impeached because Maxine Waters mutters "Impeach 45" every day she can find a camera, and then removed from office, what do you think will happen to the next Democrat who someone despises?

The best bet for everyone who feels DJT should not be President is to work extra hard to elect Dems this fall to take over the Senate and House...and then find someone that can beat Trump in 2020.

In other words, have a political disagreement and cure it with election wins.
EvenBob
EvenBob
March 13th, 2018 at 3:29:35 PM permalink

If it wouldn't be the 20th time you and I have had this exchange, I would list his impeachable offenses.

Maxine Waters has a hundred reasons for
Trump's impeachment. None of them are
legit either..
Steverinos
Steverinos
March 13th, 2018 at 3:33:10 PM permalink
Quote: RonC

In other words, have a political disagreement and cure it with election wins.

Although I believe there are grounds for impeachment, and impeachment is not limited to crimes, I agree with this 100%.
RonC
RonC
March 13th, 2018 at 3:34:09 PM permalink

"I, Donald John Trump, do solemnly swear that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States; and will, to the best of my ability, preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the United States, so help me God." - January 20, 2017.

The Constitution of the United States reads in part, “Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.”

“It’s frankly disgusting the way the press is able to write whatever they want to write and people should want to look into it.” - DJT Tweet

“Network news has become so partisan, distorted and fake that licenses must be challenged and, if appropriate, revoked. Not fair to public!” - DJT Tweet

“With all of the Fake News coming out of NBC and the Networks, at what point is it appropriate to challenge their License? Bad for country!” - DJT Tweet

“Why Isn’t the Senate Intel Committee looking into the Fake News Networks in OUR country to see why so much of our news is just made up-FAKE!” - DJT Tweet

“Drain the Swamp should be changed to Drain the Sewer - it’s actually much worse than anyone ever thought, and it begins with the Fake News!” - DJT Tweet

“With all of its phony unnamed sources & highly slanted & even fraudulent reporting, #Fake News is DISTORTING DEMOCRACY in our country!” - DJT Tweet

“The FAKE NEWS media (failing @nytimes, @CNN, @NBCNews and many more) is not my enemy, it is the enemy of the American people. SICK!” - DJT Tweet

While I think Donald Trump is a despicable human being and acts like a complete douche on a regular basis, it also is pretty apparent that the oath he took on inauguration day to protect and DEFEND the Constitution is in DIRECT conflict with his countless statements and can easily be considered an impeachable offense.

Not to mention the plethora of other offenses that can also be considered impeachable. Firing James Comey because of "his investigation into Hillary's email server", only to admit to Lester Holt on national television that it was because of this "Russia thing"?

Is he not protecting and defending the Constitution of the United States by his actions even if some of his statements are off base, and well, not actually acted upon?

Yes, he is. Just as Obama and all Presidents pretty much have done. They don't all do it the same, and I don't agree with all of them.

When he signs the EO saying free speech is restricted, you will have a case.

Again...win elections.
Steverinos
Steverinos
March 13th, 2018 at 3:39:38 PM permalink

When he signs the EO saying free speech is restricted, you will have a case.

My point is that impeachable offenses don't have to go to those lengths of signing EO's or committing crimes. There are grounds for impeachment with JUST his statements.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not pushing for this and think it would probably be a waste of time, energy, and money. The House Intelligence Committee just wasted enough of all that already.
TigerWu
TigerWu
March 13th, 2018 at 3:46:35 PM permalink
It probably wouldn't be hard at all to get Trump to lie under oath about something.

Bam, there's your impeachment.

The tricky part is finding some reason to have him under oath in the first place.
RonC
RonC
March 13th, 2018 at 4:00:00 PM permalink

My point is that impeachable offenses don't have to go to those lengths of signing EO's or committing crimes. There are grounds for impeachment with JUST his statements.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not pushing for this and think it would probably be a waste of time, energy, and money. The House Intelligence Committee just wasted enough of all that already.

I don't agree that he has done anything that rises to the level of an impeachment offense, but impeachment is kind of like the Grand Jury in some ways...perhaps Maxine and her crew can impeach a ham sandwich. Clinton was impeached. The level of removal from office has to be reached through conviction in the Senate. Unless it is something clearly worthy of removal, that won't happen.

I don't think anyone is dumb enough to remove him basically because he is a loud mouthed guy who lets his tongue get ahead of his thought process.

That would open the door to some really bad things...
Last edited by: RonC on Mar 13, 2018
boymimbo
boymimbo
  • Threads: 17
March 13th, 2018 at 4:07:50 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

Tillerson opposed Trump on too many
core issues. The Paris Accords, N Korea,
the embassy in Israel, the Iran deal. So Trump
gave him the ultimate face slap, fired him
with a tweet. Two CEO's, two Alpha's, it
was a pissing contest from the outset. This
was bound to happen.

Priceless..

Yes, it is priceless to select someone and hire someone only to fire them one year later. Somehow you turn Trump's terrible hiring and firing policies into a good thing.

There is no chaos in the WhiteHouse.
----- You want the truth! You can't handle the truth!
EvenBob
EvenBob
March 13th, 2018 at 4:11:13 PM permalink

I don't think anyone is dumb enough to remove him

When you consider that not a
single president has ever been
removed by impeachment, 'dumb'
is the right word to use here. Y'all
act like it's a common and oh so
easy thing to do, when in reality
it's almost impossible.
billryan
billryan
March 13th, 2018 at 4:31:17 PM permalink

When you consider that not a
single president has ever been
removed by impeachment, 'dumb'
is the right word to use here. Y'all
act like it's a common and oh so
easy thing to do, when in reality
it's almost impossible.

Nixon would have been impeached. He only resigned when he was told, point blank, that there were enough Republicans willing to vote country over party.
If, or when, public sentiment reaches the point that sticking with the Prez would be toxic, watch how many GOPers suddenly never liked Donnie or his agenda.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
March 13th, 2018 at 5:07:04 PM permalink

So STATEMENTS are now an impeachable offense?

Quote:

Comey was fired for being an incompetent hack who ignored criminal acts on the part of Hillary. As we have seen, there was no basis for any Russia investigation.

Quote:

Yes, because you do not like him. Because he did not blame the white people who were peaceful and got attacked by a riot to not loving illegal immigration, your basis remains that you do not like him.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
March 13th, 2018 at 5:09:53 PM permalink

Maxine Waters has a hundred reasons for
Trump's impeachment. None of them are
legit either..

Maxine Waters seems mentally ill. An example of what happens when you gerrymander minority-majority districts.
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 89
March 13th, 2018 at 5:18:37 PM permalink
Quote: mikeabiomed

If the economy continues to improve along with workforce numbers increasing, Trump will be removed from office by January 2025.

Its a no brainer Trump will lose 2020
Just look at Alabama
A dem won a senate seat in the heart of Trump country.
A house seat up for grabs tonight in a district Trump won easily
I already have a bet on the no meeting with Kim
Looking for more action
Anybody want to bet on the Republican tonight. Polls just closed. No numbers in yet
Come on conservatives, lets bet on tonight's race
I'll bet on the DEM. Anybody want to put money on a republican tonight lol
Its just a forum. Nothing here to get obsessed about.
Tanko
Tanko
  • Threads: 0
March 13th, 2018 at 6:04:21 PM permalink

There are grounds for impeachment with JUST his statements.

Nonsense.

You cite the first amendment and then you want to impeach the President for exercising his first amendment rights.

“The Constitution defines impeachment at the federal level and limits impeachment to "The President, Vice President, and all civil officers of the United States" who may be impeached and removed only for "treason, bribery, or other high crimes and misdemeanors”

Which of those three does expressing his opinions and calling NBC and CNN “Fake News” fall under?
terapined
terapined
March 13th, 2018 at 6:11:42 PM permalink
PA House 18
1/3 of the vote in
Dem has a comfortable lead 36k to 31k
People are saying the recent Trump rally is driving the huge Dem turnout
Thanks Trump
terapined
terapined
March 13th, 2018 at 6:30:46 PM permalink
PA House 18
62% in
Dem ahead by 6 points in a district Trump won by 20 points
ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 22
March 13th, 2018 at 7:25:22 PM permalink
It's amazing everyone is so closely following a special election in a district that won't even exist anymore come November.
Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 212
March 13th, 2018 at 7:26:17 PM permalink
Very close in PA. Wonder if they have run-off rules.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
terapined
terapined
March 13th, 2018 at 7:28:53 PM permalink
Quote: rxwine

98% in
Dem leads by only 585 votes
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
March 13th, 2018 at 7:29:32 PM permalink

I do not think so but not sure. More wondering about absentees.
terapined
terapined
March 13th, 2018 at 7:35:57 PM permalink
Absentees being counted tonight
They were delivered to a warehouse in PIT tonight and are being counted
Dem up 700 votes with 98% counted
107,471 to 106,771

CNN reporting
" a large warehouse in Pittsburgh, where vote counting was underway tonight.
Trucks and cars loaded with batches of absentee and provisional ballots arrived there tonight
Mike Wolosik, district manager for election for Allegheny County, said 4,100 absentee ballots were issued, and at least 3,700 were returned."
terapined
terapined
March 13th, 2018 at 8:03:48 PM permalink
PA House 18
Talk about close
99% in, Dem leads by 95 votes
RogerKint
RogerKint
  • Threads: 15
Thanked by
RS
March 13th, 2018 at 8:10:09 PM permalink
Quote: terapined

PA House 18
Talk about close
99% in, Dem leads by 95 votes

Not judging. Just saying, getting a girlfriend saved my life ;)
100% risk of ruin
terapined
terapined
March 13th, 2018 at 8:19:23 PM permalink
Quote: RogerKint

Not judging. Just saying, getting a girlfriend saved my life.

You got me :--)
Actually watching St Bonaventure vs UCLA . March madness.
Dem up over 800 votes. Lamb might still pull it out. Washington Co absentee being counted tomorrow
billryan
billryan
March 13th, 2018 at 8:59:04 PM permalink
I'm predicting a 250 vote victory and lots of angry tweets.
boymimbo
boymimbo
  • Threads: 17
March 13th, 2018 at 9:37:33 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

I'm predicting a 250 vote victory and lots of angry tweets.

Not a good result for the GOP in PA.
----- You want the truth! You can't handle the truth!
rsactuary
rsactuary
  • Threads: 29
March 13th, 2018 at 9:44:22 PM permalink
Quote: boymimbo

Even if the Republican ends up winning, this is a true statement.
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
  • Threads: 57
March 13th, 2018 at 9:51:52 PM permalink
Quote: rsactuary

Even if the Republican ends up winning, this is a true statement.

Conor Lamb just declared a win. I’m assuming the election hasn’t been called but I’m not sure.

Chances Saccone will concede tonight or this week?
billryan
billryan
March 13th, 2018 at 10:03:23 PM permalink
Trump has cost the GOP a Senate seat in one of the most Republican states in the country and a House seat in one of the Reddest Districts in Pennsylvania.
You guys tired of all this winning yet?
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
  • Threads: 57
March 13th, 2018 at 10:14:43 PM permalink
CNN is still saying too close to call.

It would be funny (and unfortunate) if he did is victory speech and then lost.
Paradigm
Paradigm
  • Threads: 42
March 13th, 2018 at 10:19:16 PM permalink
Oh $h!t, is Gorsuch getting recalled? Is the Repeal of the Health Insurance Mandate being rolled back? What about Tax Cuts that put US corporations on equal footing with the rest of the world and gets offshore capital back in the US while generating revenue? And now a moderate Dem/Military vet that wants better enforcement of existing gun laws before supporting new gun legislation. I’ll take it!
Paradigm
Paradigm
March 13th, 2018 at 10:31:54 PM permalink
I mean look at the 2016 Trump alternative stumbling down the stairs Twice in India today (go ahead, search Hillary Falls India on YouTube)...just put up a decent candidate or two and the Dems might actually start winning some elections....Lamb is a moderate and anyone in the center is going to get votes. But put up Warren or Harris in 2020 and Dems will get their heads handed to them again and still be wondering why, smh.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 212
March 13th, 2018 at 11:10:15 PM permalink
Quote: Paradigm

I.Lamb is a moderate and anyone in the center is going to get votes. .

Obama being left of Hillary could win again, if he could run. Has nothing to do with being moderate.

And Bernie might even do better than Hillary this time, if he wasn't so old. And he is left of Obama.

But you're right about good candidates, just not in the way you think.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 93
March 14th, 2018 at 2:19:01 AM permalink
I live in this district where the lamb voting is happening. I am so ready for it to be over. I really get annoyed with elections.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
March 14th, 2018 at 2:42:54 AM permalink
Quote: boymimbo

Lesson is quit fighting their leader and get an agenda passed. If they had gotten more results in 2017 they would not be worried in 2018.

A wake-up call for Dems as well. They cannot expect to win easily with their usual liberal candidates. Same way they won the House in 2006, They put up all kinds of unliberal candidates that year. They did get cleaned out 4 years later, though.
ams288
ams288
March 14th, 2018 at 5:50:04 AM permalink

A wake-up call for Dems as well. They cannot expect to win easily with their usual liberal candidates.

Interesting Monday morning quarterbacking. Just two days ago the GOP was claiming Lamb is extreme and joined to Nancy Pelosi at the hip.

He is pro-Obamacare and against the Trump tax cut (which is literally the only legislative accomplishment of the Trump era). Seems pretty liberal to me. *shrug*
terapined
terapined
March 14th, 2018 at 6:14:33 AM permalink

A wake-up call for Dems as well.

WTF
A dem is winning in a solid red republican district
ROTFL
Paradigm
Paradigm
March 14th, 2018 at 6:26:39 AM permalink

Obama being left of Hillary could win again, if he could run. Has nothing to do with being moderate.

And Bernie might even do better than Hillary this time, if he wasn't so old. And he is left of Obama.

But you're right about good candidates, just not in the way you think.

Obama...Bernie? But no comment on how Warren or Harris would do in 2020? Why is it the Dems continue to yammer about the impossible like banning all semi’s and candidates that won’t ever run again? But yeah, I am clearly not thinking about the situation correctly...keep up the good work 👍.
ams288
ams288
March 14th, 2018 at 6:36:59 AM permalink

WTF
ROTFL

A razor thin margin.

Donald's rally in support of the Republican last weekend probably made the difference.... for the Democrat. LOL
rsactuary
rsactuary
  • Threads: 29
March 14th, 2018 at 6:58:43 AM permalink

WTF
ROTFL

I think it is a wake up call for the Dems. Put moderate candidates in and win in a landslide in November.
  • Jump to: