Thread Rating:

Steverinos
Steverinos
Joined: Jul 6, 2016
  • Threads: 5
  • Posts: 1145
March 6th, 2018 at 10:58:05 AM permalink
Quote: Maverick17

10.5 years is a long way from now. Fake New Networks ad revenue is way down. Here is to hope!



I'll take that bet. Book it!
Steverinos
Steverinos
Joined: Jul 6, 2016
  • Threads: 5
  • Posts: 1145
March 6th, 2018 at 11:01:27 AM permalink
The irony is hilarious. Donald lies to you in an unprecedented manner in ways never before seen, lies that are easily fact-checked. Media outlets REPORT on these lies but THEY are fake? The ONLY thing you can believe in 2018 is Trump's twitter feed? This is the same guy that used to call into magazines and pretend to be his own publicist, lol.

Cracks me up.
Tanko
Tanko
Joined: Apr 22, 2013
  • Threads: 0
  • Posts: 831
March 6th, 2018 at 11:08:27 AM permalink
Quote: Steverinos

Pass temporary tax cuts for voters while passing permanent cuts for corporations? And hope the masses aren't paying attention?


Senate rules require the tax cuts to be temporary.

"But because of the complex budget rules allowing passage on a strict party-line vote, the bill is not allowed to add to deficits beyond the first decade. Making all tax cuts permanent would violate that rule."

CNN

The Bush tax cuts were temporary for the same reason.

When the Trump tax cuts expire in 2025, Congress can decide whether or not to extend them.

Not likely when the deficit is $30 trillion in 2025.

No tax cuts are permanent anyway. The Dems have already vowed to repeal parts of it if they take the House.

The Hill
terapined
terapined
Joined: Dec 1, 2012
  • Threads: 75
  • Posts: 4667
March 6th, 2018 at 11:14:32 AM permalink
Quote: Maverick17

I'm talking about your pollsters whom you give a pass to because they don't know how YOUR PRESIDENT became YOUR PRESIDENT.



Are you posting from Russia?
Is YOUR LEADER Putin?
ROTFL
"Everybody's bragging and drinking that wine, I can tell the Queen of Diamonds by the way she shines, Come to Daddy on an inside straight, I got no chance of losing this time" -Grateful Dead- "Loser"
ams288
ams288
Joined: Sep 26, 2012
  • Threads: 15
  • Posts: 4691
March 6th, 2018 at 11:16:49 AM permalink
Quote: Maverick17

I'm talking about your pollsters whom you give a pass to because they don't know how YOUR PRESIDENT became YOUR PRESIDENT.

If they don't know how an election for the President of the United States works, do you really think they should be polling?

If you still think they should be polling, do you think anyone would give them any credibility since you admit they don't know what they are doing?



Could you rephrase this post in English, please?
Lock him up!
terapined
terapined
Joined: Dec 1, 2012
  • Threads: 75
  • Posts: 4667
March 6th, 2018 at 11:18:29 AM permalink
Quote: petroglyph

The US can't make a F-16 without imports, that is a national security tragedy, and stupid.



The world has changed
Forget the F-16
Total waste of money
Terrorism is the enemy

No way Russia would attack us when Putin has YOUR PRESIDENT in HIS pocket
LOL
"Everybody's bragging and drinking that wine, I can tell the Queen of Diamonds by the way she shines, Come to Daddy on an inside straight, I got no chance of losing this time" -Grateful Dead- "Loser"
Steverinos
Steverinos
Joined: Jul 6, 2016
  • Threads: 5
  • Posts: 1145
March 6th, 2018 at 11:22:05 AM permalink
Quote: Tanko

Senate rules require the tax cuts to be temporary.

"But because of the complex budget rules allowing passage on a strict party-line vote, the bill is not allowed to add to deficits beyond the first decade. Making all tax cuts permanent would violate that rule."

CNN

The Bush tax cuts were temporary for the same reason.

When the Trump tax cuts expire in 2025, Congress can decide whether or not to extend them.

Not likely when the deficit is $30 trillion in 2025.

No tax cuts are permanent anyway. The Dems have already vowed to repeal parts of it if they take the House.

The Hill



Senate rules only requires them to be temporary if the legislation increases the deficit after ten years. If conservatives were actually being conservatives this wouldn't be a problem. They lied about the deficit impact of the bill in order to get it passed. When they try to meet the procedural rules of the Senate, they say the cuts won't be extended so they pretended the impact on the deficit is negligible. Then when they turn around and talk to us, they say the small tax cuts for individuals will be permanent. The two arguments cannot coexist.
Face
Administrator
Face
Joined: Dec 27, 2010
  • Threads: 49
  • Posts: 4082
March 6th, 2018 at 12:01:33 PM permalink
Quote: terapined

The world has changed
Forget the F-16
Total waste of money
Terrorism is the enemy



How so?

It's about all we got for a workhorse, unless you wanna just delegate all air superiority to the world's third largest air force, the USNavy. But F-18's are more expensive, and slower. And AV-8B's are dogs#$% in comparison.

Unless you wanna uncork your flux capacitor and go back to 1974, the F-16 is it.

That aside, I do agree. When I am made king, the USAF will consist of nothing but A-10's, far as the eye can see.
The opinions of this moderator are for entertainment purposes only.
petroglyph
petroglyph
Joined: Jan 3, 2013
  • Threads: 17
  • Posts: 2928
March 6th, 2018 at 12:30:00 PM permalink
Quote: Face

How so?

It's about all we got for a workhorse, unless you wanna just delegate all air superiority to the world's third largest air force, the USNavy. But F-18's are more expensive, and slower. And AV-8B's are dogs#$% in comparison.

Unless you wanna uncork your flux capacitor and go back to 1974, the F-16 is it.

That aside, I do agree. When I am made king, the USAF will consist of nothing but A-10's, far as the eye can see.

My point was, we can't make armaments without imports from China and/or Japan. Do to environmental concerns we don't mine rare earths that are needed for any of the lcd displays. It is ridiculous to not keep enough industry running in country to at least build defense arms. Same reason to keep GM running assembly lines, in case we as a country need them to quickly swap over to making tanks, as they did in ww2.

I'm all for "fair" trade. Free trade, is code for "making political donors wealthy" at the expense of the sovereign. We need to drill enough oil and keep enough refining to fuel basic commerce and the military. That is national defense. It is a silly argument about tariffs on steel. It was stupid to export all our steel industry, can't make tanks out of plastic . Maybe we could build them out of hemp?

How about the trillion dollar F-35, that makes pilots faint from lack of oxygen? F-16's are proven work horses round the world. At least they fly. We need more robot pilots, built in the USA, or less conflict.
RS
RS
Joined: Feb 11, 2014
  • Threads: 59
  • Posts: 7982
March 6th, 2018 at 12:32:22 PM permalink
Quote: ams288

Could you rephrase this post in English, please?


I understood the post on my first try. Give it another go, you'll get it.

Quote: Steverinos

The irony is hilarious. Donald lies to you in an unprecedented manner in ways never before seen, lies that are easily fact-checked. Media outlets REPORT on these lies but THEY are fake? The ONLY thing you can believe in 2018 is Trump's twitter feed? This is the same guy that used to call into magazines and pretend to be his own publicist, lol.

Cracks me up.


Believe what you want. But when it's all said and done, who lied the most?


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lrpkxl4DXtk

“Man Babes” #AxelFabulous

  • Jump to: