Thread Rating:

billryan
billryan
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 236
  • Posts: 15591
March 12th, 2018 at 11:24:33 AM permalink
There were two villages in the DMZ. The more famous of them was Pammujon. When I saw it in the mid 1980s, it was in horrible disrepair and I doubt much remains of it.
The DMZ is technically in a war zone. I don't believe the Secret Service would entertain the prospect of the POTUS to enter it.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
ams288
ams288
Joined: Sep 26, 2012
  • Threads: 22
  • Posts: 6257
March 12th, 2018 at 12:12:40 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

The DMZ is technically in a war zone. I don't believe the Secret Service would entertain the prospect of the POTUS to enter it.



I suspect his bone spurs would flare up right before he were to enter it anyway...
Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
boymimbo
boymimbo
Joined: Nov 12, 2009
  • Threads: 17
  • Posts: 5994
March 12th, 2018 at 2:40:54 PM permalink
Quote: ams288

I suspect his bone spurs would flare up right before he were to enter it anyway...



Correct. So there is no meeting place, and therefore no meeting. I take the under.
----- You want the truth! You can't handle the truth!
EvenBob
EvenBob
Joined: Jul 18, 2010
  • Threads: 440
  • Posts: 27464
March 12th, 2018 at 3:32:59 PM permalink
Nobody here seems to understand how
screwed N Korea is now. If you do business
with them, you're screwed. If you do business
with people that do business with them,
you're screwed. You have nowhere to bank,
to get money, to cash a check, you're accounts
are frozen.

Nobody before Trump has done this and N Korea
is going hungry and has no fuel. They usually
have 6 weeks of military parades every year
in Feb and March. This year it was one week
long because they have no fuel left.

Trump is strangling them slowly and surely. And
you think there won't be a meeting? Oh, there's
going to be a meeting all right..
It does not suck to be me.
TigerWu
TigerWu
Joined: May 23, 2016
  • Threads: 25
  • Posts: 5129
March 12th, 2018 at 3:48:27 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

Nobody here seems to understand how
screwed N Korea is now. If you do business
with them, you're screwed. If you do business
with people that do business with them,
you're screwed. You have nowhere to bank,
to get money, to cash a check, you're accounts
are frozen.



This got me wondering who actually trades with North Korea. It's surprisingly a lot of countries...
terapined
terapined
Joined: Dec 1, 2012
  • Threads: 88
  • Posts: 5914
March 12th, 2018 at 3:54:10 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

. And
you think there won't be a meeting


Yup
No meeting
Not just thinking there will be no meeting, I bet a hundred dollars on a no meeting
That's a huge gigantic bet for a low roller like myself
That's how confident I am
WOV supports censorship. Bring back free speech challenging lies.
OnceDear
OnceDear 
Joined: Jun 1, 2014
  • Threads: 63
  • Posts: 7141
March 12th, 2018 at 4:40:06 PM permalink
Quote: terapined

Yup
No meeting
Not just thinking there will be no meeting, I bet a hundred dollars on a no meeting
That's a huge gigantic bet for a low roller like myself
That's how confident I am


Is anyone taking bets that there won't be a meeting with Kim until after there hasn't been a meeting with Bob Mueller?
Beware. The earth is NOT flat. Hit and run is NOT a winning strategy: Pressing into trends is NOT a winning strategy: Progressive betting systems are NOT a winning strategy: Don't Buy It! .Don't even take it for free.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 239
  • Posts: 13434
Thanks for this post from:
RS
March 12th, 2018 at 4:45:15 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

Nobody here seems to understand how
screwed N Korea is now. If you do business
with them, you're screwed. If you do business
with people that do business with them,
you're screwed. You have nowhere to bank,
to get money, to cash a check, you're accounts
are frozen.

Nobody before Trump has done this and N Korea
is going hungry and has no fuel. They usually
have 6 weeks of military parades every year
in Feb and March. This year it was one week
long because they have no fuel left.

Trump is strangling them slowly and surely. And
you think there won't be a meeting? Oh, there's
going to be a meeting all right..




Trump plays on his terms and just keeps moving the ball down the field. Notice how after Kim asked for a meeting Trump put a very, very short deadline on it? Does anyone think that was by accident? NK has historically dragged things out while they build their nukes and missiles.

And how about all the libs here and elsewhere claiming he was "antagonizing" NK and going to start a nuclear war? Ooops!

Over a year in and the lefties still can't figure it all out.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
petroglyph
petroglyph
Joined: Jan 3, 2013
  • Threads: 19
  • Posts: 3360
March 12th, 2018 at 5:04:24 PM permalink
Quote: boymimbo

Correct. So there is no meeting place, and therefore no meeting. I take the under.

Russia and Sweden have offered to host. http://news.donga.com/MainTop/3/all/20180312/89051462/1
mikeabiomed
mikeabiomed
Joined: Feb 10, 2014
  • Threads: 1
  • Posts: 179
Thanks for this post from:
AZDuffman
March 12th, 2018 at 5:07:22 PM permalink
House GOP Ending Russia Investigation. No Collusion Found between Trump Campaign as per House Intelligence Committee. Imagine That!
Reno Mike
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
Joined: Dec 28, 2014
  • Threads: 56
  • Posts: 3532
March 12th, 2018 at 5:12:13 PM permalink
Quote: mikeabiomed

House GOP Ending Russia Investigation. No Collusion Found between Trump Campaign as per House Intelligence Committee. Imagine That!


Ending their Russian investigation. Has nothing to do with Muellerís investigation.

But since you are put so much trust in the House Intelligence Comittee, youíd also admit that Hillary Clinton is 100% innocent since all 30 or so of the Congressional investigations into her lead to nothing?
mikeabiomed
mikeabiomed
Joined: Feb 10, 2014
  • Threads: 1
  • Posts: 179
Thanks for this post from:
AZDuffman
March 12th, 2018 at 5:23:08 PM permalink
I'm looking for the part where I said I put so much trust in the HIC...Nor do I see anything about Hillary in my post, especially since she broke email security laws with penis man and his wife. Remember that minor story where Hillary used "poor judgement" thousands of times? Guess not! Gotta love you people who assume things that aren't written. Let me guess, you don't like guns in the hands of law abiding citizens? I'm not finished if you aren't.
Reno Mike
terapined
terapined
Joined: Dec 1, 2012
  • Threads: 88
  • Posts: 5914
March 12th, 2018 at 5:26:55 PM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

Trump plays on his terms and just keeps moving the ball down the field.



ROTFL
Kim is playing Trump
Anybody else want action on a face to face meeting of Trump and Kim in 2018
I am of course betting the no meeting
WOV supports censorship. Bring back free speech challenging lies.
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
Joined: Dec 28, 2014
  • Threads: 56
  • Posts: 3532
March 12th, 2018 at 5:30:48 PM permalink
Quote: mikeabiomed

I'm looking for the part where I said I put so much trust in the HIC...Nor do I see anything about Hillary in my post, especially since she broke email security laws with penis man and his wife. Remember that minor story where Hillary used "poor judgement" thousands of times? Guess not! Gotta love you people who assume things that aren't written. Let me guess, you don't like guns in the hands of law abiding citizens? I'm not finished if you aren't.


ďIím looking for the part where I said I donít like guns in the hands of law abiding citizens.Ē

Iím a 2A supporter actually.

My point was, if you believe that committee investigations are non-partisan and tell the entire truth, then youíd also believe HRC is innocent of any criminal acts.
mikeabiomed
mikeabiomed
Joined: Feb 10, 2014
  • Threads: 1
  • Posts: 179
Thanks for this post from:
petroglyph
March 12th, 2018 at 5:47:16 PM permalink
Exactly! You didn't. Comey's testimony clearly stated gross negligence on the SOS Clinton and look where he is now. The FBI's credibility is in the toilet for the forseeable future. And where did Mueller come From? FBI....
Reno Mike
terapined
terapined
Joined: Dec 1, 2012
  • Threads: 88
  • Posts: 5914
March 13th, 2018 at 5:12:07 AM permalink
Quote: mikeabiomed

. The FBI's credibility is in the toilet for the forseeable future. And where did Mueller come From? FBI....



Patriotic American here
Putin and Russia vs the FBI and US intelligence services?
I'm an American, Pro FBI and CIA
Amazing how conservatives support Putin and the president in Putin's pocket
WOV supports censorship. Bring back free speech challenging lies.
ams288
ams288
Joined: Sep 26, 2012
  • Threads: 22
  • Posts: 6257
March 13th, 2018 at 5:32:22 AM permalink
Republicans abandon tax cut message in Pa. special election

UH OH

Turns out giving a huge tax cut to billionaires, and a $1.50/week tax cut to teachers isn't popular with voters! WHO COULD HAVE SEEN THIS COMING?!?!
Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
terapined
terapined
Joined: Dec 1, 2012
  • Threads: 88
  • Posts: 5914
March 13th, 2018 at 5:46:43 AM permalink
Wow
Trump just fired the Secretary of State Rex Tillerson.
Looks like Putin was not happy with Tillerson

I wonder if this help or hurts my bet on the no meet between Trump and Kim

I think Trump is still waiting to see if Putin will approve this meeting
WOV supports censorship. Bring back free speech challenging lies.
ams288
ams288
Joined: Sep 26, 2012
  • Threads: 22
  • Posts: 6257
March 13th, 2018 at 5:52:24 AM permalink
Quote: terapined

Wow
Trump just fired the Secretary of State Rex Tillerson.
Looks like Putin was not happy with Tillerson



LOL

Fine tuned machine.
Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
terapined
terapined
Joined: Dec 1, 2012
  • Threads: 88
  • Posts: 5914
March 13th, 2018 at 6:09:17 AM permalink
Quote: ams288

LOL

Fine tuned machine.


Theresa May of the UK accused Putin of assasitions in the UK. Tillerson agreed. That infuriated Putin. He ordered the Prisident in his pocket to fire Tillerson.
WOV supports censorship. Bring back free speech challenging lies.
ams288
ams288
Joined: Sep 26, 2012
  • Threads: 22
  • Posts: 6257
March 13th, 2018 at 6:25:32 AM permalink
From last December:

White House considering plan to replace Tillerson with Pompeo



This is a great example of how everything the White House denies IS TRUE.
Last edited by: ams288 on Mar 13, 2018
Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
billryan
billryan
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 236
  • Posts: 15591
March 13th, 2018 at 6:42:03 AM permalink
Trump didn't even fire him himself. Tillerson read it via Twitter. What a gutless move.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
boymimbo
boymimbo
Joined: Nov 12, 2009
  • Threads: 17
  • Posts: 5994
March 13th, 2018 at 6:48:54 AM permalink
Quote: billryan

Trump didn't even fire him himself. What a gutless move.



The firing of Rex Tillerson is a major move. Given the fact that State is massively underfunded and dozens of embassies are still without ambassadors foreign relations under this regime are going to be a travesty.

I hope that the American public understands that the legislative branch has to shift to the Dems for now if only to keep Trump's power in check. This level of instability at the executive branch is extremely disconcerting and unprecedented. The world should be concerned. You should be concerned.
----- You want the truth! You can't handle the truth!
ams288
ams288
Joined: Sep 26, 2012
  • Threads: 22
  • Posts: 6257
March 13th, 2018 at 6:59:26 AM permalink
Ha! Sarah Huckabee said Donald told Rex he was being replaced last Friday.

Rex says he hasn't heard from Donald about it and doesn't know why he was fired.

Donald this morning: "I really didn't discuss it with him."

Sarah Huckabee lied?! *gasp*

It's clear the Russia comments are what got him fired... add one more thing for Bob Mueller to investigate.
Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
rsactuary
rsactuary
Joined: Sep 6, 2014
  • Threads: 29
  • Posts: 2277
March 13th, 2018 at 7:17:41 AM permalink
Quote: ams288

It's clear the Russia comments are what got him fired... add one more thing for Bob Mueller to investigate.



I've been out of the country for a week. What Russia comments did Rex make?
RS
RS
Joined: Feb 11, 2014
  • Threads: 62
  • Posts: 8624
March 13th, 2018 at 7:19:05 AM permalink
Maybe Trumpís going for the olí ďa strong offense is the best defenseĒ route. If you do a lot of stuff that needs investigating, the investigations may go on forever until heís out of office in 7 years or dies of old age (heís like 70 right? Thatís old af.)

Then again, Iím not really following much of this stuff. Iím not particularly interested in betting on this, but hypothetically, what do you think a fair line would be for Trump getting removed from office by the end of 2020? What about by Jan. 2021? Jan 2025?

edit: dates.
Last edited by: RS on Mar 13, 2018
terapined
terapined
Joined: Dec 1, 2012
  • Threads: 88
  • Posts: 5914
March 13th, 2018 at 7:21:02 AM permalink
Quote: rsactuary

I've been out of the country for a week. What Russia comments did Rex make?


He supported Theresa May in blaming the Russians for the recent murder attempts in the UK of former Russian spy Sergei Skripal and his daughter
Putin was not happy about this. Ordered Trump to fire Tillerson
WOV supports censorship. Bring back free speech challenging lies.
mikeabiomed
mikeabiomed
Joined: Feb 10, 2014
  • Threads: 1
  • Posts: 179
March 13th, 2018 at 8:02:46 AM permalink
If the economy continues to improve along with workforce numbers increasing, Trump will be removed from office by January 2025. This is all contingent upon whether Trump meets with NK at an undisclosed location, whether the wall gets built and the tax reform includes the deductions for state tax and mortgage interest restored in some of those blue states. Or, maybe none of the above.
Reno Mike
TigerWu
TigerWu
Joined: May 23, 2016
  • Threads: 25
  • Posts: 5129
March 13th, 2018 at 8:06:25 AM permalink
Quote: ams288

From last December:

White House considering plan to replace Tillerson with Pompeo



Yeah, but with this administration, every month feels like a year, so that tweet is like 4 years old.
Dalex64
Dalex64
Joined: Feb 10, 2013
  • Threads: 1
  • Posts: 1067
March 13th, 2018 at 8:20:42 AM permalink
Tillerson's opinion of Trump in two words: F*ing moron.
rsactuary
rsactuary
Joined: Sep 6, 2014
  • Threads: 29
  • Posts: 2277
March 13th, 2018 at 9:09:56 AM permalink
Quote: Dalex64

Everyone's opinion of Trump in two words: F*ing moron.



I fixed your quote.
Homelessnyc
Homelessnyc
Joined: Jun 1, 2016
  • Threads: 5
  • Posts: 236
Thanks for this post from:
RS
March 13th, 2018 at 9:17:20 AM permalink
Quote: rsactuary

I fixed your quote.



No you didn't. You changed it from a fact to nonsense
darkoz
darkoz
Joined: Dec 22, 2009
  • Threads: 285
  • Posts: 10943
Thanks for this post from:
Romes
March 13th, 2018 at 9:23:38 AM permalink
Quote: Homelessnyc

No you didn't. You changed it from a fact to nonsense



Rsanctuary: facts
Homelessnyc: alternate facts
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
Homelessnyc
Homelessnyc
Joined: Jun 1, 2016
  • Threads: 5
  • Posts: 236
March 13th, 2018 at 9:42:14 AM permalink
Quote: darkoz

Rsanctuary: facts
Homelessnyc: alternate facts



More nonsense, great.

At least your always good for a laugh because you're not good for posting accurate information.

So if your so factual provide the proof that everyone thinks trump is a moron. Can't wait to laugh at the nonsense you bring on that
rsactuary
rsactuary
Joined: Sep 6, 2014
  • Threads: 29
  • Posts: 2277
Thanks for this post from:
ams288
March 13th, 2018 at 9:48:43 AM permalink
Quote: Homelessnyc

More nonsense, great.

At least your always good for a laugh because you're not good for posting accurate information.

So if your so factual provide the proof that everyone thinks trump is a moron. Can't wait to laugh at the nonsense you bring on that



You still haven't lightened up, I see.
Homelessnyc
Homelessnyc
Joined: Jun 1, 2016
  • Threads: 5
  • Posts: 236
March 13th, 2018 at 10:05:49 AM permalink
Quote: rsactuary

You still haven't lightened up, I see.



Typical, got called out on your BS, no leg to stand on so you deflect. You make your fellow party members proud.

Somethings never change
rxwine
rxwine
Joined: Feb 28, 2010
  • Threads: 200
  • Posts: 11728
March 13th, 2018 at 10:16:20 AM permalink
What's the job description for Trump's Secretary of State?

Need someone with good credentials, who can act as if they are being informed even while I undercut and surprise them at my whim.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
billryan
billryan
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 236
  • Posts: 15591
March 13th, 2018 at 10:45:16 AM permalink
Nordic blood would be a plus.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
billryan
billryan
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 236
  • Posts: 15591
March 13th, 2018 at 10:52:25 AM permalink
Trump aide, John McEntee escorted out of White House and is being investigated for "serious financial crimes", according to the DHS.
McEntee is a former Fox News employee best known for his amazing trick passes with a football.
Did he begin these financial crimes after his entrance into the WH or was the vetting as bad as it appears?
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
boymimbo
boymimbo
Joined: Nov 12, 2009
  • Threads: 17
  • Posts: 5994
March 13th, 2018 at 1:04:48 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

Trump aide, John McEntee escorted out of White House and is being investigated for "serious financial crimes", according to the DHS.
McEntee is a former Fox News employee best known for his amazing trick passes with a football.
Did he begin these financial crimes after his entrance into the WH or was the vetting as bad as it appears?



Meanwhile, President Trump goes out to San Diego to physically look at border walls, that he doesn't have the funding for, that he doesn't know anything about, and that won't get built anyway. He can go out to visit pieces of tall concrete but he can't fire his own Secretary of State. And we're still waiting for "Mexico to pay for it".

What a bloody mess.
----- You want the truth! You can't handle the truth!
billryan
billryan
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 236
  • Posts: 15591
March 13th, 2018 at 1:09:19 PM permalink
McEntee, of course, is now working for Trumps re-election campaign.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 239
  • Posts: 13434
March 13th, 2018 at 1:16:40 PM permalink
Quote: boymimbo

Meanwhile, President Trump goes out to San Diego to physically look at border walls, that he doesn't have the funding for, that he doesn't know anything about, and that won't get built anyway. He can go out to visit pieces of tall concrete but he can't fire his own Secretary of State. And we're still waiting for "Mexico to pay for it".

What a bloody mess.



Not as big a mess CA is. Liberal politicians who love illegal immigration so much they tip off gang members of immigration raids. Poverty capital of America. Homeless everywhere. They hate Trump so much that they bend over backwards for illegal aliens while native folk can barely afford to get by,

I'd rather he build the wall this side of CA and make it one big looney bin.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
TigerWu
TigerWu
Joined: May 23, 2016
  • Threads: 25
  • Posts: 5129
March 13th, 2018 at 1:38:01 PM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

Not as big a mess CA is. Liberal politicians who love illegal immigration so much they tip off gang members of immigration raids. Poverty capital of America. Homeless everywhere. They hate Trump so much that they bend over backwards for illegal aliens while native folk can barely afford to get by,



California's problems started long before Trump....
beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
Joined: May 21, 2013
  • Threads: 99
  • Posts: 14240
March 13th, 2018 at 1:47:30 PM permalink
Quote: RS

Maybe Trumpís going for the olí ďa strong offense is the best defenseĒ route. If you do a lot of stuff that needs investigating, the investigations may go on forever until heís out of office in 7 years or dies of old age (heís like 70 right? Thatís old af.)

Then again, Iím not really following much of this stuff. Iím not particularly interested in betting on this, but hypothetically, what do you think a fair line would be for Trump getting removed from office by the end of 2018? What about by Jan. 2020? Jan 2024?



By the end of 2018 20:1. Before he finishes his first term 5:8. Before he finishes a 2nd term 1:10.

Totally numbers out of SWAGS. My thinking.

I don't think he will be removed by this Congress. The next one won't start until Jan 2019. Trump will not resign, ever. So the first one would be a very long shot.

The next Congress will more likely be Democrat as a blowback midterm correction. Even if he weren't a lightning rod and unpopular, that's what happens historically. If it's a Democratic House and Senate, he will very likely be impeached . But it will depend on election results. So the 2nd number.

If he's still in office by the 2020 election, I don't see him winning re:election, or in the unlikely event he does, surviving a full 2nd term. So the 3rd number.

JMHO.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
GWAE
GWAE
Joined: Sep 20, 2013
  • Threads: 93
  • Posts: 9854
March 13th, 2018 at 2:07:15 PM permalink
I know little about politics so excuse the idiot question. Can democrats take control of house and Senate in 2019? If so can they basically just overthrow everything that Trump has done or will do? Or do we have to wait for another president for that to happen?
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
billryan
billryan
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 236
  • Posts: 15591
March 13th, 2018 at 2:12:25 PM permalink
Can they take both houses? Yes, but it's an up hill battle in the Senate. The whole House is up for re-election, or in many cases to elect a new Representative as there has been an unusual amount of retirements.
In the Senate, only a third of the seats are up for election and this cycle would seem to favor the Republicans.
A new Congress can't overturn everything Trump has done. What it might do is move to impeach him.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
boymimbo
boymimbo
Joined: Nov 12, 2009
  • Threads: 17
  • Posts: 5994
March 13th, 2018 at 2:14:55 PM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

Not as big a mess CA is. Liberal politicians who love illegal immigration so much they tip off gang members of immigration raids. Poverty capital of America. Homeless everywhere. They hate Trump so much that they bend over backwards for illegal aliens while native folk can barely afford to get by,

I'd rather he build the wall this side of CA and make it one big looney bin.



Yet they have a massive 6.1 billion budget surplus to the point where legally they have to lower taxes because the bank is full. Meanwhile, Trump, in a great economy, decides to spend like a drunken sailor (with the GOP's support) and runs a trillion dollar deficit. February 2018's deficit was a record.

Illegal aliens are not breaking criminal law. They are breaking civil law. LEO cannot enforce INS laws. That's a constitutional violation. California LEO has taken it to the point where they don't feel like they should inform INS when they are releasing people who are unlawfully present.

Homeless are a problem in California because it is an ideal place, weather-wise to live. Year-round availability to live outside with ocean moderating temperatures. Add to that the availability of recreational health care and a myriad of welfare options and rich people wanting to support them and you have ideal conditions.

There's a good reason why the Golden State is the most populous.
----- You want the truth! You can't handle the truth!
TigerWu
TigerWu
Joined: May 23, 2016
  • Threads: 25
  • Posts: 5129
March 13th, 2018 at 2:28:25 PM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs


The next Congress will more likely be Democrat as a blowback midterm correction. Even if he weren't a lightning rod and unpopular, that's what happens historically. If it's a Democratic House and Senate, he will very likely be impeached .



A Democratic House and Senate would not impeach him and here's why I think that:

If the Dems were to take control of Congress you will see Trump flip sides so fast it will make your head spin. He will suddenly become the most liberally Democratic President in decades, because he hates being on the losing side, and a Democratic Congress would absolutely block everything he wanted to do that is even remotely based on GOP platforms or policies. He is always going to side with the majority party in D.C., because that's the only way his policies will pass. Once the Dems see him come to their side, you're gonna see a lot of, "Oh, well, nevermind that whole Russia/emoluments/pee tape/etc. thing, he seems to be working with us now and that's what we need as a country and blah blah blah."

Still, I don't think Dems will take control of Congress. Maybe one or the other, but it will still be a GOP-controlled government for the most part.
billryan
billryan
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 236
  • Posts: 15591
March 13th, 2018 at 2:30:36 PM permalink
Do you want your local police working with the IRS? If not, why do want them working with the INS?
The INS has a job to do. It enforces Federal Law. Just as an INS agent isn't going to pull you over for speeding, or ticket you for jaywalking, local police officers shouldn't be enforcing Federal Immigration Law.
Seems that the same hypocrites that scream out about States Rights in other cases want to ignore them in this.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
billryan
billryan
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 236
  • Posts: 15591
Thanks for this post from:
beachbumbabsRomes
March 13th, 2018 at 2:31:41 PM permalink
Quote: TigerWu

A Democratic House and Senate would not impeach him and here's why I think that:

If the Dems were to take control of Congress you will see Trump flip sides so fast it will make your head spin. He will suddenly become the most liberally Democratic President in decades, because he hates being on the losing side, and a Democratic Congress would absolutely block everything he wanted to do that is even remotely based on GOP platforms or policies. He is always going to side with the majority party in D.C., because that's the only way his policies will pass. Once the Dems see him come to their side, you're gonna see a lot of, "Oh, well, nevermind that whole Russia/emoluments/pee tape/etc. thing, he seems to be working with us now and that's what we need as a country and blah blah blah."

Still, I don't think Dems will take control of Congress. Maybe one or the other, but it will still be a GOP-controlled government for the most part.



Best weapon trump has to block impeachment is Mike Pence.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.

  • Jump to: