Thread Rating:

Steverinos
Steverinos
  • Threads: 5
  • Posts: 1420
Joined: Jul 6, 2016
March 6th, 2018 at 10:58:05 AM permalink
Quote: Maverick17

10.5 years is a long way from now. Fake New Networks ad revenue is way down. Here is to hope!



I'll take that bet. Book it!
Steverinos
Steverinos
  • Threads: 5
  • Posts: 1420
Joined: Jul 6, 2016
March 6th, 2018 at 11:01:27 AM permalink
The irony is hilarious. Donald lies to you in an unprecedented manner in ways never before seen, lies that are easily fact-checked. Media outlets REPORT on these lies but THEY are fake? The ONLY thing you can believe in 2018 is Trump's twitter feed? This is the same guy that used to call into magazines and pretend to be his own publicist, lol.

Cracks me up.
Tanko
Tanko
  • Threads: 0
  • Posts: 1201
Joined: Apr 22, 2013
March 6th, 2018 at 11:08:27 AM permalink
Quote: Steverinos

Pass temporary tax cuts for voters while passing permanent cuts for corporations? And hope the masses aren't paying attention?


Senate rules require the tax cuts to be temporary.

"But because of the complex budget rules allowing passage on a strict party-line vote, the bill is not allowed to add to deficits beyond the first decade. Making all tax cuts permanent would violate that rule."

CNN

The Bush tax cuts were temporary for the same reason.

When the Trump tax cuts expire in 2025, Congress can decide whether or not to extend them.

Not likely when the deficit is $30 trillion in 2025.

No tax cuts are permanent anyway. The Dems have already vowed to repeal parts of it if they take the House.

The Hill
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 90
  • Posts: 6365
Joined: Dec 1, 2012
March 6th, 2018 at 11:14:32 AM permalink
Quote: Maverick17

I'm talking about your pollsters whom you give a pass to because they don't know how YOUR PRESIDENT became YOUR PRESIDENT.



Are you posting from Russia?
Is YOUR LEADER Putin?
ROTFL
Its just a forum. Nothing here to get obsessed about.
ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 22
  • Posts: 6599
Joined: Sep 26, 2012
March 6th, 2018 at 11:16:49 AM permalink
Quote: Maverick17

I'm talking about your pollsters whom you give a pass to because they don't know how YOUR PRESIDENT became YOUR PRESIDENT.

If they don't know how an election for the President of the United States works, do you really think they should be polling?

If you still think they should be polling, do you think anyone would give them any credibility since you admit they don't know what they are doing?



Could you rephrase this post in English, please?
Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 90
  • Posts: 6365
Joined: Dec 1, 2012
March 6th, 2018 at 11:18:29 AM permalink
Quote: petroglyph

The US can't make a F-16 without imports, that is a national security tragedy, and stupid.



The world has changed
Forget the F-16
Total waste of money
Terrorism is the enemy

No way Russia would attack us when Putin has YOUR PRESIDENT in HIS pocket
LOL
Its just a forum. Nothing here to get obsessed about.
Steverinos
Steverinos
  • Threads: 5
  • Posts: 1420
Joined: Jul 6, 2016
March 6th, 2018 at 11:22:05 AM permalink
Quote: Tanko

Senate rules require the tax cuts to be temporary.

"But because of the complex budget rules allowing passage on a strict party-line vote, the bill is not allowed to add to deficits beyond the first decade. Making all tax cuts permanent would violate that rule."

CNN

The Bush tax cuts were temporary for the same reason.

When the Trump tax cuts expire in 2025, Congress can decide whether or not to extend them.

Not likely when the deficit is $30 trillion in 2025.

No tax cuts are permanent anyway. The Dems have already vowed to repeal parts of it if they take the House.

The Hill



Senate rules only requires them to be temporary if the legislation increases the deficit after ten years. If conservatives were actually being conservatives this wouldn't be a problem. They lied about the deficit impact of the bill in order to get it passed. When they try to meet the procedural rules of the Senate, they say the cuts won't be extended so they pretended the impact on the deficit is negligible. Then when they turn around and talk to us, they say the small tax cuts for individuals will be permanent. The two arguments cannot coexist.
Face
Administrator
Face
  • Threads: 49
  • Posts: 4448
Joined: Dec 27, 2010
March 6th, 2018 at 12:01:33 PM permalink
Quote: terapined

The world has changed
Forget the F-16
Total waste of money
Terrorism is the enemy



How so?

It's about all we got for a workhorse, unless you wanna just delegate all air superiority to the world's third largest air force, the USNavy. But F-18's are more expensive, and slower. And AV-8B's are dogs#$% in comparison.

Unless you wanna uncork your flux capacitor and go back to 1974, the F-16 is it.

That aside, I do agree. When I am made king, the USAF will consist of nothing but A-10's, far as the eye can see.
The opinions of this moderator are for entertainment purposes only.
petroglyph
petroglyph
  • Threads: 19
  • Posts: 3360
Joined: Jan 3, 2013
March 6th, 2018 at 12:30:00 PM permalink
Quote: Face

How so?

It's about all we got for a workhorse, unless you wanna just delegate all air superiority to the world's third largest air force, the USNavy. But F-18's are more expensive, and slower. And AV-8B's are dogs#$% in comparison.

Unless you wanna uncork your flux capacitor and go back to 1974, the F-16 is it.

That aside, I do agree. When I am made king, the USAF will consist of nothing but A-10's, far as the eye can see.

My point was, we can't make armaments without imports from China and/or Japan. Do to environmental concerns we don't mine rare earths that are needed for any of the lcd displays. It is ridiculous to not keep enough industry running in country to at least build defense arms. Same reason to keep GM running assembly lines, in case we as a country need them to quickly swap over to making tanks, as they did in ww2.

I'm all for "fair" trade. Free trade, is code for "making political donors wealthy" at the expense of the sovereign. We need to drill enough oil and keep enough refining to fuel basic commerce and the military. That is national defense. It is a silly argument about tariffs on steel. It was stupid to export all our steel industry, can't make tanks out of plastic . Maybe we could build them out of hemp?

How about the trillion dollar F-35, that makes pilots faint from lack of oxygen? F-16's are proven work horses round the world. At least they fly. We need more robot pilots, built in the USA, or less conflict.
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
  • Posts: 8626
Joined: Feb 11, 2014
March 6th, 2018 at 12:32:22 PM permalink
Quote: ams288

Could you rephrase this post in English, please?


I understood the post on my first try. Give it another go, you'll get it.

Quote: Steverinos

The irony is hilarious. Donald lies to you in an unprecedented manner in ways never before seen, lies that are easily fact-checked. Media outlets REPORT on these lies but THEY are fake? The ONLY thing you can believe in 2018 is Trump's twitter feed? This is the same guy that used to call into magazines and pretend to be his own publicist, lol.

Cracks me up.


Believe what you want. But when it's all said and done, who lied the most?


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lrpkxl4DXtk

ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 22
  • Posts: 6599
Joined: Sep 26, 2012
March 6th, 2018 at 12:39:06 PM permalink
Quote: RS

I understood the post on my first try. Give it another go, you'll get it.



Nope, still don't get it.

I'm guessing whatever translation tool he used screwed up the translation job from the original Russian....
Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
Steverinos
Steverinos
  • Threads: 5
  • Posts: 1420
Joined: Jul 6, 2016
March 6th, 2018 at 12:42:47 PM permalink
LOL, I don't know what a compilation of people stating their opinions has anything to do with truths and facts, but carry on.
billryan
billryan 
  • Threads: 240
  • Posts: 16282
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
Thanked by
petroglyph
March 6th, 2018 at 2:22:15 PM permalink
“The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which”.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 122
  • Posts: 11125
Joined: Aug 8, 2010
March 6th, 2018 at 2:24:50 PM permalink
Quote: terapined

The times are a changing
Liberal Trump and AZ against the free market. They want the govt to set ========= prices.
I have always supported a free market.



I erased the word 'steel'. Right now Medicare and Medicaid set the exact prices I can charge a patient. No negotiating. I guess you are not for a free market for me?
Steverinos
Steverinos
  • Threads: 5
  • Posts: 1420
Joined: Jul 6, 2016
March 6th, 2018 at 2:29:09 PM permalink
You have the option to take Medicare or Medicaid patients? Just curious.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 122
  • Posts: 11125
Joined: Aug 8, 2010
March 6th, 2018 at 2:42:06 PM permalink
Quote: Steverinos

You have the option to take Medicare or Medicaid patients? Just curious.



No. There are doctors that do have that option and many do not accept Medicaid, and Medicare. . I would doubt there is a single anesthesiologist that can refuse a patient based on his insurance. If I am taking care of Warren Buffet and he has Medicare my rates are set by the government. The government pays me 80% of the very low set rate and I have to bill the patient for the other 20%. My point is for a patient with insurance I can negotiate with the insurance company. If we do not come to an agreement I can bill the patient. Not with the government.
billryan
billryan 
  • Threads: 240
  • Posts: 16282
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
March 6th, 2018 at 2:53:42 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

No. There are doctors that do have that option and many do not accept Medicaid, and Medicare. . I would doubt there is a single anesthesiologist that can refuse a patient based on his insurance. If I am taking care of Warren Buffet and he has Medicare my rates are set by the government. The government pays me 80% of the very low set rate and I have to bill the patient for the other 20%. My point is for a patient with insurance I can negotiate with the insurance company. If we do not come to an agreement I can bill the patient. Not with the government.



So I go into your operating room without knowing what I am going to be paying you? If the negotiations with my insurance break down, no big deal as you simply bill me? What, pray tell, is your incentive to negotiate a good price?
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 122
  • Posts: 11125
Joined: Aug 8, 2010
March 6th, 2018 at 3:05:00 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

So I go into your operating room without knowing what I am going to be paying you? If the negotiations with my insurance break down, no big deal as you simply bill me? What, pray tell, is your incentive to negotiate a good price?



Great question! The answer is that there is a coercive pressure on me to participate with insurance companies because surgeons hate hearing from patients that they got a bill from me, And there is a coercive pressure on the insurance company to have me participate because they do not want to hear from their customers that they thought my services were covered by them. These two forces have resulted in me participating with virtually every local insurance company throughout my career. I ask for $1000. The insurance company offers $500. Eventually we agree on $700...... or something like that.

You say "simply bill me" I can't even tell you how low my collection rate is for patients without insurance that I have to "simply bill".
Steverinos
Steverinos
  • Threads: 5
  • Posts: 1420
Joined: Jul 6, 2016
March 6th, 2018 at 3:18:28 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

Great question! The answer is that there is a coercive pressure on me to participate with insurance companies because surgeons hate hearing from patients that they got a bill from me, And there is a coercive pressure on the insurance company to have me participate because they do not want to hear from their customers that they thought my services were covered by them. These two forces have resulted in me participating with virtually every local insurance company throughout my career. I ask for $1000. The insurance company offers $500. Eventually we agree on $700...... or something like that.

You say "simply bill me" I can't even tell you how low my collection rate is for patients without insurance that I have to "simply bill".



Sounds like an argument for single-payer, lol.
billryan
billryan 
  • Threads: 240
  • Posts: 16282
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
March 6th, 2018 at 3:33:18 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

Great question! The answer is that there is a coercive pressure on me to participate with insurance companies because surgeons hate hearing from patients that they got a bill from me, And there is a coercive pressure on the insurance company to have me participate because they do not want to hear from their customers that they thought my services were covered by them. These two forces have resulted in me participating with virtually every local insurance company throughout my career. I ask for $1000. The insurance company offers $500. Eventually we agree on $700...... or something like that.

You say "simply bill me" I can't even tell you how low my collection rate is for patients without insurance that I have to "simply bill".



Perhaps if you were willing to negotiate with patients the way you do with insurance companies, you'd get more money from them.
Several years ago, I had a colonoscopy. Routine procedure, requested by my Internist because I was 56 and never had one. Insurance is covering it, I know ahead of time the one Dr. is billing me $600,which insurance will only pay $500. So I'm expecting a bill for $100. I wake up and DR. says everything was good but I removed two polyps and am going to send them out for testing. He tells me it's routine and he has done more than 1,000 procedures and can tell a good one from a bad one, or words to that effect.
Months go by, no bills. Then ,over two days, I get a bill from the surgeon for $1400 for removing the polyps, another 1500 from the labs saying they are out of network with my insurance and $300 from the your counter-part. Insurance company won't pay for polyp removal because it wasn't pre-authorized. Dr. says it was my responsibility to request they send it to the right lab and your guy caves quickly and accepts $100 as full payment.
The Lab eventually stopped sending bills when I told them I didn't feel responsible( I had a copy of a form I filled out stating my insurance and which lab to use) and the DR.s office took almost two years and settled for $350. An awful lost of effort and lost will to collect $350. He certainly lost me as a future patient or reference
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 297
  • Posts: 11611
Joined: Dec 22, 2009
March 6th, 2018 at 4:24:21 PM permalink
And another one bites the dust...

Gary Cohn gone... Resigned

Trump wouldnt listen to him on tarriffs. Gary could not conscionably continue on

But hey why should trump listen to financial advice from former goldman sachs investment pros who come highly recommended
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
  • Threads: 57
  • Posts: 3540
Joined: Dec 28, 2014
March 6th, 2018 at 5:05:42 PM permalink
An email from Cohn featured in Fire and Fury:

Quote:

It’s worse than you can imagine. An idiot surrounded by clowns. Trump won’t read anything – not one-page memos, not the brief policy papers; nothing. He gets up halfway through meetings with world leaders because he is bored. And his staff is no better. Kushner is an entitled baby who knows nothing. Bannon is an arrogant prick who thinks he’s smarter than he is. Trump is less a person than a collection of terrible traits. No one will survive the first year but his family. I hate the work, but feel I need to stay because I’m the only person there with a clue what he’s doing. The reason so few jobs have been filled is that they only accept people who pass ridiculous purity tests, even for midlevel policy-making jobs where the people wwill never see the light of day.”

ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 22
  • Posts: 6599
Joined: Sep 26, 2012
March 6th, 2018 at 5:33:36 PM permalink
Donald's Cabinet, year three:

Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
petroglyph
petroglyph
  • Threads: 19
  • Posts: 3360
Joined: Jan 3, 2013
March 6th, 2018 at 6:04:16 PM permalink
Quote: darkoz

Trump wouldnt listen to him on tarriffs. Gary could not conscionably continue on

Good riddens, couldn't get rid of him fast enough. Europe imposes 73% tariff on imported Chinese pipe. Here is more on the unfair trade practices levied on America by China. http://www.idealtaxes.com/post3097.shtml Don't let your contempt for Trump blind you to all the unfair trade agreements American's have gotten into in the past. Every trade treaty we entered is bad for America.

Quote:

But hey why should trump listen to financial advice from former goldman sachs investment pros who come highly recommended

These are the guys that got bailed out starting with AIG. They have received trillions of dollars at Americans expense. They invented the CDO crises. Single handedly tricked Greece into collapsing, Same with Cyprus. Round the world they are financial criminals. https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/the-great-american-bubble-machine-20100405

"From tech stocks to high gas prices, Goldman Sachs has engineered every major market manipulation since the Great Depression -- and they're about to do it again"

Matt Taibbi on GS: The world's most powerful investment bank is a great vampire squid wrapped around the face of humanity, relentlessly jamming its blood funnel into anything that smells like money. In fact, the history of the recent financial crisis, ...

What America needs is GS out of government, not controlling it.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 214
  • Posts: 12392
Joined: Feb 28, 2010
March 6th, 2018 at 6:34:04 PM permalink
Trump is going to have to get a dog soon, so he has something which won't leave. His appointments are making the great escape. Stormy Daniels is filing a lawsuit. Melania is going to become even more scarce. The idea of spending nights alone with only Mike Pence to talk to, will probably send him further over the edge.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
dglscorrigan
dglscorrigan
  • Threads: 0
  • Posts: 16
Joined: Mar 4, 2018
March 6th, 2018 at 6:53:48 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

I erased the word 'steel'. Right now Medicare and Medicaid set the exact prices I can charge a patient. No negotiating. I guess you are not for a free market for me?



I work in a VA hospital in OR. I explain major surgery as follows ; The anesthesiologist murders the patient in front of witnesses. The surgeon, assisted by nurses, operates on the corpse. After closing, the doctors and nurses all pray the anesthesiologist can bring the patient back to life. **** That is why I always pay the anesthesiologist his asking price.
MaxPen
MaxPen
  • Threads: 13
  • Posts: 3634
Joined: Feb 4, 2015
Thanked by
RogerKint
March 6th, 2018 at 7:02:52 PM permalink
Quote: darkoz



But hey why should trump listen to financial advice from former goldman sachs investment pros who come highly recommended



Comedy GOLD right there. You have real issues if you need that answered.
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 90
  • Posts: 6365
Joined: Dec 1, 2012
March 6th, 2018 at 7:11:53 PM permalink
Quote: MaxPen

Comedy GOLD right there. You have real issues if you need that answered.


So you are happy to see him gone?
interesting.
Here is a very fair question that I doubt you will answer but who knows
Who else on Trumps team would you be happy to see leave?
Its just a forum. Nothing here to get obsessed about.
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 90
  • Posts: 6365
Joined: Dec 1, 2012
March 6th, 2018 at 7:16:54 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

I erased the word 'steel'. Right now Medicare and Medicaid set the exact prices I can charge a patient. No negotiating. I guess you are not for a free market for me?


Two completely different subjects regarding economics of a free market.
Not elastic demand vs elastic demand
Its just a forum. Nothing here to get obsessed about.
darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 297
  • Posts: 11611
Joined: Dec 22, 2009
March 6th, 2018 at 9:02:59 PM permalink
Quote: petroglyph

Good riddens, couldn't get rid of him fast enough. Europe imposes 73% tariff on imported Chinese pipe. Here is more on the unfair trade practices levied on America by China. http://www.idealtaxes.com/post3097.shtml Don't let your contempt for Trump blind you to all the unfair trade agreements American's have gotten into in the past. Every trade treaty we entered is bad for America.

These are the guys that got bailed out starting with AIG. They have received trillions of dollars at Americans expense. They invented the CDO crises. Single handedly tricked Greece into collapsing, Same with Cyprus. Round the world they are financial criminals. https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/the-great-american-bubble-machine-20100405

"From tech stocks to high gas prices, Goldman Sachs has engineered every major market manipulation since the Great Depression -- and they're about to do it again"

Matt Taibbi on GS: The world's most powerful investment bank is a great vampire squid wrapped around the face of humanity, relentlessly jamming its blood funnel into anything that smells like money. In fact, the history of the recent financial crisis, ...

What America needs is GS out of government, not controlling it.



Right

And trump picked him for his cabinet

So do you support trump and his choices or not?
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
petroglyph
petroglyph
  • Threads: 19
  • Posts: 3360
Joined: Jan 3, 2013
Thanked by
RSMaxPenSOOPOO
March 7th, 2018 at 12:00:53 AM permalink
Quote: darkoz

And trump picked him for his cabinet

So do you support trump and his choices or not?

Including today since the start of the last election, I haven't spent a total of 45 minutes altogether watching or listening to HRC and Trump put together. Last two times I voted, I wrote in Ron Paul, if it makes any difference.

I support America, America first, and Americans. Then labor, and anti war. I couldn't name his cabinet. I don't like kushner, Ivanka is smoking hot. Some of his sound bites attract me. But I don't follow that stuff. I couldn't tell a tweet from a cheese sandwich. I don't approve of his MENA stance. I couldn't care less about his sexual preferences or exploits. Don't want the country embarrassed, but like WJC I want every president to get some fellatio in the Oval office. I would. I don't care if he does or doesn't like golden showers, Russian hookers or a touch of blow. I want someone who puts America first, regardless of race, gender, national origin, or political party. That about covers it.

Been following the financial crises for a long time. One of your posts just coincidentally landed on a pet peave of mine, TBTF bankers and us getting screwed on every single trade treaty.

I think maybe I like him better than when I watched maybe 1 1/2 episodes of his Apprentice show. He seems to be making some pretty good points AFAICT. He is Americans president. Anybody that don't like that is free to move.
Last edited by: petroglyph on Mar 7, 2018
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 242
  • Posts: 14131
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
March 7th, 2018 at 2:42:13 AM permalink
Quote: Steverinos

Sounds like an argument for single-payer, lol.



Yeah, that way they will say he just gets $400 and tough if he doesn't like it. So he leaves medicine altogether and works in something more lucrative, possibly working on dogs not people. Then people get to wait weeks instead of days or hours for their "free" health care.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
TomG
TomG
  • Threads: 16
  • Posts: 2428
Joined: Sep 26, 2010
March 7th, 2018 at 5:07:25 AM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

Right now Medicare and Medicaid set the exact prices I can charge a patient. No negotiating. I guess you are not for a free market for me?



That is definitely the system Trump and his supporters want. So long as it is Trump’s government setting the prices. As soon as anyone else tries to do it, they whine about it
TomG
TomG
  • Threads: 16
  • Posts: 2428
Joined: Sep 26, 2010
March 7th, 2018 at 5:13:46 AM permalink
Quote: petroglyph

Good riddens, couldn't get rid of him fast enough. Europe imposes 73% tariff on imported Chinese pipe.



“Make America Great Again: Make it more like Europe”

I wonder why Trump won’t tweet that, even though it’s exactly what he wants
ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 22
  • Posts: 6599
Joined: Sep 26, 2012
March 7th, 2018 at 6:01:16 AM permalink
Working hard or hardly working?

The President's schedule for today:

Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
MaxPen
MaxPen
  • Threads: 13
  • Posts: 3634
Joined: Feb 4, 2015
Thanked by
RS
March 7th, 2018 at 6:53:44 AM permalink
Quote: ams288

Working hard or hardly working?

The President's schedule for today:



At 1140am they would have had to push Clinton into the ambulance had she been elected.😜🙃🙄😃
ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 22
  • Posts: 6599
Joined: Sep 26, 2012
Thanked by
Romes
March 7th, 2018 at 6:56:12 AM permalink
You know you've struck a nerve when a rightie has to randomly bring up Hillary. Love it.
Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 22
  • Posts: 6599
Joined: Sep 26, 2012
March 7th, 2018 at 6:58:55 AM permalink
This is from the NDA agreement with Stormy Daniels (which Donald apparently forgot to sign). That first sentence is a doozy.

Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
billryan
billryan 
  • Threads: 240
  • Posts: 16282
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
March 7th, 2018 at 7:57:26 AM permalink
I'm not sure trumps failure to sign the agreement voids it. Her cashing the check should be enough.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 364
  • Posts: 8158
Joined: Feb 13, 2010
March 7th, 2018 at 8:02:21 AM permalink
Has the trollop offered to return the dough as part of her grand plan to get fifteen minutes of fame?
"What, me worry?"
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 90
  • Posts: 6365
Joined: Dec 1, 2012
Thanked by
Romes
March 7th, 2018 at 8:46:51 AM permalink
Have not really followed this because I could care less about Trumps personal sex life
From all the headlines, is she taking the money but voiding the agreement?
Actually sounds like something Trump would do. lol
Its just a forum. Nothing here to get obsessed about.
boymimbo
boymimbo
  • Threads: 17
  • Posts: 5994
Joined: Nov 12, 2009
Thanked by
Gamblerspro
March 7th, 2018 at 9:25:55 AM permalink
Quote: petroglyph

I support America, America first, and Americans. Then labor, and anti war. I couldn't name his cabinet. I don't like kushner, Ivanka is smoking hot. Some of his sound bites attract me. But I don't follow that stuff. I couldn't tell a tweet from a cheese sandwich. I don't approve of his MENA stance. I couldn't care less about his sexual preferences or exploits. Don't want the country embarrassed, but like WJC I want every president to get some fellatio in the Oval office. I would. I don't care if he does or doesn't like golden showers, Russian hookers or a touch of blow. I want someone who puts America first, regardless of race, gender, national origin, or political party. That about covers it.



Trade is necessary, obviously. The United States doesn't produce a lot of things, or it costs incredible amounts of money to produce due to the cost of labor or the availability of the raw materials. You are being duped to believe that the US is being screwed on every trade deal.

The fact is that pretty much all of us are not trade experts. In face, we are trade dummies. Trade is very complicated. Multiple jurisdictions have courts to oversee trade issues. Trade treaties are very complex.

The result of Trump announcing tariffs had the effect of:
- precipitous drop in stock market
- his own party pleading with him not to do it.
- his chief economic advisor's resignation.

People on this forum who think those tariffs are good ideas go straight against the wisdom of most experts, including Republicans. The president is virtually alone in this case, and supporters of this particular plan are neglecting conventional wisdom and greatly simplifying the issue by claiming that America gets terrible trade deals.

People should realize that his tariffs are just pandering to the Great Lakes states in order to get more votes come 2020. The 1T deficit in a economy that is humming along is completely ridiculous.
----- You want the truth! You can't handle the truth!
Steverinos
Steverinos
  • Threads: 5
  • Posts: 1420
Joined: Jul 6, 2016
Thanked by
Gamblerspro
March 7th, 2018 at 9:39:51 AM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

Yeah, that way they will say he just gets $400 and tough if he doesn't like it. So he leaves medicine altogether and works in something more lucrative, possibly working on dogs not people. Then people get to wait weeks instead of days or hours for their "free" health care.



You crack me up with all your doomsday predictions. People in other civilized countries that have national healthcare are just fine and are, for the most part, satisfied with the service.

http://news.gallup.com/poll/8056/healthcare-system-ratings-us-great-britain-canada.aspx
boymimbo
boymimbo
  • Threads: 17
  • Posts: 5994
Joined: Nov 12, 2009
March 7th, 2018 at 9:53:02 AM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

Yeah, that way they will say he just gets $400 and tough if he doesn't like it. So he leaves medicine altogether and works in something more lucrative, possibly working on dogs not people. Then people get to wait weeks instead of days or hours for their "free" health care.



He can't work on dogs without his D.VM.

I am not going to get into a battle on health care except to say that the market is not elastic because the providers do not compete and pricing is set to guarantee bloated profit because the US market places a very high price on living. This is why a pharmaceutical company can quadruple its price on epinephrine shots (EpiPen(TM)) without any deleterious effects. It is why an insurance company can raise rates for 10 - 20% for no particular reason (no competition). It is why hospitals can charge more for services without any ill effect.

Obviously every doctor's margin is going to depend on their average going rate for the services they provide and that the public pricing is far less than the private pricing.

And yeah, insurance companies and the government are screwing over doctors. Salaries are stable or falling for physicians. Insurance companies are not passing on their increased profits to its workers either. It's because doctors don't have much in the way of bargaining power, so they get screwed over and hope that their Hippocratic Oath makes them work longer.
----- You want the truth! You can't handle the truth!
boymimbo
boymimbo
  • Threads: 17
  • Posts: 5994
Joined: Nov 12, 2009
March 7th, 2018 at 10:02:00 AM permalink
Quote: Steverinos

You crack me up with all your doomsday predictions. People in other civilized countries that have national healthcare are just fine and are, for the most part, satisfied with the service.

http://news.gallup.com/poll/8056/healthcare-system-ratings-us-great-britain-canada.aspx



To be fair:

Expectations are higher in the USA. Brits and Canadians are very proud of their systems and overlook their flaws: doctor and nursing shortages and an antiquated infrastructure due to lack of oversight. Canadians carry a morality that everyone should be in the same boat when it comes to their health and that if you want a better level of service to go elsewhere. I can't speak for the Brits.

Doctors in the USA are burdened with abnormally high student debt, high malpractice insurance rates, and a complex and stupid billing system. And SooPoo makes a very fair statement to say that if rates dropped, doctors would retire and there would be a lack of services. And because of the demanding and specialist nature of physicians, they can do little else with their lives.
----- You want the truth! You can't handle the truth!
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 122
  • Posts: 11125
Joined: Aug 8, 2010
March 7th, 2018 at 10:28:05 AM permalink
Quote: dglscorrigan

I work in a VA hospital in OR. I explain major surgery as follows ; The anesthesiologist murders the patient in front of witnesses. The surgeon, assisted by nurses, operates on the corpse. After closing, the doctors and nurses all pray the anesthesiologist can bring the patient back to life. **** That is why I always pay the anesthesiologist his asking price.



Thank you. Pretty accurate. When a patient asks me how much it costs to be put to sleep, my answer is always the same..... "It's free! You pay me to wake you up!"
rsactuary
rsactuary
  • Threads: 29
  • Posts: 2315
Joined: Sep 6, 2014
March 7th, 2018 at 10:55:16 AM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

Thank you. Pretty accurate. When a patient asks me how much it costs to be put to sleep, my answer is always the same..... "It's free! You pay me to wake you up!"



Sort of off topic, but I recently had a colonoscopy done and went under anesthesia for the very first time. That Propofil is some pretty crazy stuff! I was out in maybe 30 seconds and I can't believe what happened to me without me being aware of anything!

I looked at the billings and the anesthesiologist charged UHC $910 and the contractual amount was $378.20 for a standard colonoscopy procedure.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 122
  • Posts: 11125
Joined: Aug 8, 2010
March 7th, 2018 at 12:46:46 PM permalink
Quote: rsactuary

Sort of off topic, but I recently had a colonoscopy done and went under anesthesia for the very first time. That Propofil is some pretty crazy stuff! I was out in maybe 30 seconds and I can't believe what happened to me without me being aware of anything!

I looked at the billings and the anesthesiologist charged UHC $910 and the contractual amount was $378.20 for a standard colonoscopy procedure.



If I'm understanding what you mean, the anesthesiologist "wanted" to bill you $910 but has agreed to accept $378 because he accepts your insurance as payment in full. Just so you all understand my rant against government price fixing, Medicaid would pay around $50.
boymimbo
boymimbo
  • Threads: 17
  • Posts: 5994
Joined: Nov 12, 2009
March 7th, 2018 at 12:50:05 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

If I'm understanding what you mean, the anesthesiologist "wanted" to bill you $910 but has agreed to accept $378 because he accepts your insurance as payment in full. Just so you all understand my rant against government price fixing, Medicaid would pay around $50.



For propofil? My understanding is that you used to get 5 "units" for colonoscopy + the work units, but now get 3 "units" at $22/unit from Medicare.

Why do the rates vary so widely???? How does the AET get to charge $910, insurance gets to pay $378, and Medicare get to pay $66?
----- You want the truth! You can't handle the truth!
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 242
  • Posts: 14131
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
March 7th, 2018 at 2:42:02 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

If I'm understanding what you mean, the anesthesiologist "wanted" to bill you $910 but has agreed to accept $378 because he accepts your insurance as payment in full. Just so you all understand my rant against government price fixing, Medicaid would pay around $50.



I can't get my oil changed for a price that low!
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
  • Jump to: