58 members have voted

Romes
Romes
  • Threads: 26
January 2nd, 2017 at 11:42:01 AM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

...he will serve a full 8 years...

I'd take that bet...
Playing it correctly means you've already won.
JohnnyQ
JohnnyQ
  • Threads: 204
January 2nd, 2017 at 11:46:11 AM permalink
I'm not sure he will even run again. Why did he run this time ?

As a Lark ? To make America great again (c'mon) ? Because he has a huge ego ? Because he could ? Because he thought it would be great free advertising for his "brand" ?
“You see, that’s why we’re a great band ! Yes we are, we are a band. I am in a band.”
MathExtremist
MathExtremist
  • Threads: 88
January 2nd, 2017 at 11:53:11 AM permalink
Quote: Romes

I'd take that bet...

Oh my, me too. $1000 at even money says Trump is not president on January 19, 2025.
"In my own case, when it seemed to me after a long illness that death was close at hand, I found no little solace in playing constantly at dice." -- Girolamo Cardano, 1563
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 417
January 2nd, 2017 at 11:53:31 AM permalink
Quote: JohnnyQ

Why did he run this time ?

Why did Obama run. To foist his radical
Leftie agenda on us, of course. He made
no bones about that, he was the most
extreme Leftie ever in the senate. Trump
actually wants to improve the lives of
Americans, not throttle them to death
with rules and regs and mountains of
business killing red tape. Imagine
if Obama had both houses of congress
for his first 4 years. The damage he would
have done.
"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal
MathExtremist
MathExtremist
  • Threads: 88
January 2nd, 2017 at 12:02:30 PM permalink

Trump
business killing red tape.

Put down the beaker of Kool-Aid, you've had enough for one year. Trump wants to improve the lives of Trump's children and close business associates. He campaigned on a bunch of promises that got people like you to buy into his fake vision for "improving the lives of Americans" but, as you should already have seen, he's disavowed those promises. Yet you and the rest of the Kool-Aid drinking "real Americans" are still hoping that your false prophet will lead you to the promised land.

You will be sorely disappointed if you ever snap out of your hallucination. But we'll let the economic results speak for themselves. Somehow, several generations of working Americans have bought into the self-destructive idea that letting rich, dishonest businessmen become richer and more dishonest is going to be good for their struggling financial lives. I don't get it. It wasn't true in the 1980s and it won't be true in the 2010s. If I do ever figure out why that lie has become a pillar of right-wing political dogma, maybe I'll go into politics and blow it up.
"In my own case, when it seemed to me after a long illness that death was close at hand, I found no little solace in playing constantly at dice." -- Girolamo Cardano, 1563
OnceDear
Administrator
OnceDear
  • Threads: 43
January 2nd, 2017 at 12:06:41 PM permalink
Quote: MathExtremist

Oh my, me too. $1000 at even money says Trump is not president on January 19, 2025.

We'd need to consider whether we consider other job titles such as Prime Minister, Chairman, Chancellor, Emperor, King, Twit In Chief or Feurer as your democracy mutates and President becomes just a token position.
If you are enjoying the game, you're already winning.
Romes
Romes
January 2nd, 2017 at 12:08:56 PM permalink

extreme Leftie ever in the senate. Trump
business killing red tape. Imagine
if Obama had both houses of congress
for his first 4 years. The damage he would
have done.

I really hope you're being ironic or joking... Whist trump is supposed to come from "the right" and be anti-government... He wants to impose the most impactful laws/rules/restrictions to the public we've ever seen. The most obvious one that comes to mind is he openly said in the debates (so from his own mouth) that he wants to appoint a supreme court justice that will overturn roe v. wade...

Seriously hope you were joking...

I'm not even a democrat and I can even see how much good Obama did WHIST facing a republican house/senate that attempted to stop him from doing ANY good the entire time. Think Obamacare sucks? Thank the republicans... He put out Mitt Romney's plan that was WORKING in Mass. and the republicans said "Oh lord we can't let him do anything good..." so they stripped out the main benefits of it and now try to call it sh*t... after they made it sh*ttier.

This is what happens when people get their "news" from facebook and one off completely biased websites that say what they WANT to be true, and not what's actually true. I just can't stand the idiocy anymore... I literally lost several close friends by flat out calling them lazy moronic idiots after pointing out real, cited, facts opposing literally everything they said/believed on why they wanted to vote for trump. That's what it is... pure ignorance and idiocy.

Trump is a time bomb. He attempts to be classy and presidential but we all know he's anything but... Hell his own team took away his twitter like a 5 year old days before the election so he couldn't do anything "stupid." How long in to his presidency do you think it'll be before someone disrespects him enough that he just snaps and does something out of a knee jerk reaction? The guy is all impulse... and you've got to imagine people will be baiting him because of it. Seriously, how is he NOT going to get in some kind of political hot water? Hint: He already is for all the the crap he says/does.

Over/Under on 2 years before the first female comes out and says "President trump sexually assaulted me." ??? Got the Under going for -1000 and the over at EVEN... lol
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 417
January 2nd, 2017 at 12:34:48 PM permalink
Always remember, Clinton was impeached not
for the legion of women who claimed he sexually
harassed them, or even the use of his power to
sexually use a young woman in the Oval. He was
impeached by the house for lying under oath.
"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal
ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 15
January 2nd, 2017 at 12:37:11 PM permalink

extreme Leftie ever in the senate.

Do you consider Obama to be to the left of Bernie Sanders?!

Or are you just making stuff up like usual?
Lock him up!
Romes
Romes
January 2nd, 2017 at 1:10:31 PM permalink

Always remember, Clinton was impeached not
for the legion of women who claimed he sexually
harassed them, or even the use of his power to
sexually use a young woman in the Oval. He was
impeached by the house for lying under oath.

A standard trump response... point to and talk about the Clintons and use that as your lightening rod for ignorance of the very real facts and quotes about (and from) trump.

• Jump to: