20 votes (32.25%)
42 votes (67.74%)

62 members have voted

rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 209
January 3rd, 2017 at 2:01:11 PM permalink
Quote: bobbartop

Not if you're going to post another video of a dog getting stabbed in the neck.

I'm not clicking it. I don't trust you.

Try to be accurate when you accuse me of something. That's hardly accurate. That's like saying I posted a video of OJ knifing Nicole and Ron Goldman, when I only posted the aftermath. (It was a news story with video and a dog with blood on it taken by animal control)
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
MathExtremist
MathExtremist
  • Threads: 88
January 3rd, 2017 at 2:01:33 PM permalink
Quote: RS

ME, are you really saying it is unconstitutional for me to vote the way I want based on my religion?

Not at all. I'm saying it's unconstitutional to enact laws that force a religious dogma (such as sin) on the people. There are a lot of people who believe homosexuality is a sin and therefore homosexual marriage should be illegal. There are also a lot of people who believe abortion is a sin and therefore abortions should be illegal. It's fine for you personally to hold such religious beliefs, just as its fine for you to not have an abortion or get married to a same-sex person, but it's unconstitutional to force those dogmas upon me. That's the entire intent of the Establishment Clause.
"In my own case, when it seemed to me after a long illness that death was close at hand, I found no little solace in playing constantly at dice." -- Girolamo Cardano, 1563
bobbartop
bobbartop
  • Threads: 133
January 3rd, 2017 at 2:10:29 PM permalink
Quote: MathExtremist

As far as losing faith in one's fellow man, I think it's a cruel and unusual punishment to force a rape victim to carry her attacker's seed to full term. If you can't agree with that sentiment, we're at a fundamental impasse.

It's not a seed. It's a little baby, with a heart, a brain, little hands, little fingers, and in my opinion a soul (which I cannot prove). The first words out of my mouth was there was no debate, or we're at a fundamental impasse, as you put it. Can we agree that the rapist should have his things cut off, and then be hung by the neck until dead in the public square? Or are we at a fundamental impasse on that?
'Emergencies' have always been the pretext on which the safeguards of individual liberty have been eroded.
Face
Administrator
Face
  • Threads: 49
Thanked by
Homelessnycsteeldco
January 3rd, 2017 at 2:12:18 PM permalink
Lol, I got <5 posts into today before I thought "Wow, we're gonna go right past Hitler and straight to Mengele". And then it happened. Thanks for not disappointing, BTB. I do enjoy a proper prognostication =)

As y'all are willing participants, I'm not inclined to take action with regards to locking or otherwise interrupting this thread. However, we're not gonna have WWIII here, please. I personally feel that the loosening of things for the Election Thread has left a stain, and I'll not make it worse.

Feel free to state opinions. Absolutely provide evidence to support / demolish a claim. Understand that you may be invoking some really strong emotions, not all of which share religious / nihilistic roots. What you may disregard as "bulls#$%" might actually have been the most difficult experience in your fellow members' life. Not everything can be easily explained away by youthful ignorance or religious fuddyduddery.

Respect the member. Respect the forum.

As you were.
The opinions of this moderator are for entertainment purposes only.
bobbartop
bobbartop
January 3rd, 2017 at 2:17:49 PM permalink

There are also a lot of people who believe abortion is a sin and therefore abortions should be illegal. It's fine for you personally to hold such religious beliefs, just as its fine for you to not have an abortion or get married to a same-sex person, but it's unconstitutional to force those dogmas upon me. That's the entire intent of the Establishment Clause.

Is killing the baby an hour after it is born just some "religious dogma" that might be right for some? How about when it is 16 years old and its skateboard gets away and hits you in the shin?
'Emergencies' have always been the pretext on which the safeguards of individual liberty have been eroded.
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
Thanked by
bobbartop
January 3rd, 2017 at 2:24:17 PM permalink

Not at all. I'm saying it's unconstitutional to enact laws that force a religious dogma (such as sin) on the people. There are a lot of people who believe homosexuality is a sin and therefore homosexual marriage should be illegal. There are also a lot of people who believe abortion is a sin and therefore abortions should be illegal. It's fine for you personally to hold such religious beliefs, just as its fine for you to not have an abortion or get married to a same-sex person, but it's unconstitutional to force those dogmas upon me. That's the entire intent of the Establishment Clause.

I don't think that's the entire intent of the establishment clause. It appears to be just about how I described it above: the government can't force or deny a religion on the people nor influence a religion (ie: giving money to a church or religious school). It also seems like it's talking about what the GOVERNMENT can do, not what an individual (you, me, or anyone else) can support. I can 100% support abortion if my religion supports it.

To take it to an extreme, what about murder? The Bible says murder is a sin. As a religious person, can I no longer despise murder because it's a sin which is a religious dogma? Should the government never have made murder illegal, because murder is a sin according to Christianity and other religions?
bobbartop
bobbartop
January 3rd, 2017 at 2:24:54 PM permalink
Quote: Face

Lol, I got <5 posts into today before I thought "Wow, we're gonna go right past Hitler and straight to Mengele". And then it happened. Thanks for not disappointing, BTB. I do enjoy a proper prognostication =)

I don't think he even knew who Mengele was. I asked him, and no reply. That's the deal with kids under 60. It's quite possible he's too young to even know who Aunt Bee was.
bobbartop
bobbartop
Thanked by
ams288
January 3rd, 2017 at 2:35:19 PM permalink
Quote: rxwine

Try to be accurate when you accuse me of something. That's hardly accurate. That's like saying I posted a video of OJ knifing Nicole and Ron Goldman, when I only posted the aftermath. (It was a news story with video and a dog with blood on it taken by animal control)

That's what the story was about. I clicked your link, saw the video, and read the story. And it upset me. You're not going to make a fool out of me again. I don't need anyone's help.
Romes
Romes
  • Threads: 29
January 3rd, 2017 at 2:35:42 PM permalink

Neither drinking nor gambling is a sin. The love of either, is. (Same thing with having money.)

Time to bust out the sunday school... drinking is not only affecting your state of mind but also a substance that is harmful to your body... and yes it is in the bible that you should have neither of those. Same goes for gambling.

Romes, you are an atheist, not agnostic. Atheism is believing there is no God, whereas agnosticism is unsure if one exists (ie: neutral, you believe God may or may not exist).

Check my last couple posts where I said I don't think there is no god. I'm a scientist... god can not be proven, nor disproven at this point in time. Makes the clear answer to what I believe agnostic.

It's not a seed. It's a little baby, with a heart, a brain, little hands, little fingers, and in my opinion a soul (which I cannot prove)...

To that woman it's not a baby. It's a forced daily reminder and reliving of the horrific event that led to it being "trapped" inside her and you want to close the gates to keep it in. Do some research. There's tons of cases of religious parents/etc that FORCED their kids to keep an incest/rape baby and the mother ended up killing herself over the trauma of having to live with that inside her. By forcing someone to do that you're also putting the mothers lives and psychological well being in danger as well... All for something that DOES NOT have a heart, brain, hands, fingers, nor a heart beat the VAST majority of the time.
Playing it correctly means you've already won.
Gandler
Gandler
  • Threads: 35
January 3rd, 2017 at 2:36:08 PM permalink
Considering Republicans control the House and Senate, that is very unlikely.

The only possible scenario (and this is a huge longshot) is if Trump does something to to annoy enough of the #NeverTrump Republicans, and they use their majority to remove him in hopes of putting in a more tow-the-line type Republican. That is the only situation that I can foresee, and like I said almost certainly not going to happen, because they know it will cause chaos in the party.

Honestly what is more likely, is he will resign if things do not go his way. If he thought there was a serious chance of impeachment, I am sure he would resign to save him the hassle.
rxwine
rxwine
January 3rd, 2017 at 2:37:04 PM permalink

It's quite possible he's too young to even know who Aunt Bee was.

Opie's real mom. Now you know. Andy got drunk one night...
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
MathExtremist
MathExtremist
January 3rd, 2017 at 2:38:38 PM permalink

It's not a seed. It's a little baby, with a heart, a brain, little hands, little fingers

False. Fingers do not develop until more than two months after conception. Did you know that implantation doesn't necessarily happen for up to two weeks after conception? Conception happens in the fallopian tubes but implantation only happens (usually) when the fertilized egg travels down the tube into the uterus. And did you know that roughly 2% of pregnancies are extrauterine (e.g., ectopic, tubal)? Extrauterine pregnancies can never develop into babies and must always be removed or the mother's fallopian tubes may rupture, possibly causing sepsis or death.

Things are not as black-and-white as your ignorance of medical science would have you believe. Biology is messy. Biological social policy is just as messy. There are no clean solutions to be found to such messy issues, especially not in the dogmatic laws of men who lived 2000 years ago before medical science understood any of this.
"In my own case, when it seemed to me after a long illness that death was close at hand, I found no little solace in playing constantly at dice." -- Girolamo Cardano, 1563
Romes
Romes
January 3rd, 2017 at 2:40:43 PM permalink

I don't think that's the entire intent of the establishment clause...

Funny how when it's appropriate we should 're-examine' the constitution and take a look with "today's" perspective, yet when you talk about the right to bare arms and how the founding fathers never saw something that was capable of doing so much destruction as a fully automatic riffle then you're just being unAmericana to challenge the constitution.

To take it to an extreme, what about murder? The Bible says murder is a sin. As a religious person, can I no longer despise murder because it's a sin which is a religious dogma? Should the government never have made murder illegal, because murder is a sin according to Christianity and other religions?

The whole point is you're free to think or feel WHATEVER YOU WANT so long as you're not forcing your beliefs on to someone else. The idea of abortion all comes down to religion and murder of the different ideas of "what is that clump of cells?" Is it a baby? Is it nothing yet? The far right jump on the opportunity to call the left murderers when they try to be progressive and open minded about ALL of the types of situations that could occur (and several have been discussed thus far). Because of religious beliefs they want to make a woman's choice about her medical and livelihood their decision... Which is flat out wrong, and again counter-productive to what America was actually founded on (ironically).
bobbartop
bobbartop
January 3rd, 2017 at 2:49:53 PM permalink

False. Fingers do not develop until more than two months after conception.

What's false? Please show where you said ANYTHING about "under two months after conception" in the text I was replying to. Cite, please, or be quiet.
MathExtremist
MathExtremist
January 3rd, 2017 at 2:52:03 PM permalink

As a secular society, we have also decided that murder is a crime. Crime and sin are not coextensive. There are lots of secular crimes that are found nowhere in the Bible (e.g., insider trading, DUI) and lots of biblical crimes that are found nowhere in the U.S. Code (e.g., adultery with a married woman, wearing clothes made from wool and linen). What I don't want, and what the Founders didn't want, was a society where some church or other religious organization got to make the laws outside the democratic process. If we all collectively vote in those same laws democratically, well, we do. But the constitution prevents a few zealots from saying "abortion is a sin, therefore it must be a crime."
MathExtremist
MathExtremist
January 3rd, 2017 at 2:54:17 PM permalink

What's false? Please show where you said ANYTHING about "under two months after conception" in the text I was replying to. Cite, please, or be quiet.

Do you believe that a rape victim should have the legal right to abort her rape-induced pregnancy within the first two months of her sexual assault? Yes or no.

If your answer is no, your complaints of others' heartlessness are misplaced.
bobbartop
bobbartop
January 3rd, 2017 at 3:00:20 PM permalink
Quote: Romes

The whole point is you're free to think or feel WHATEVER YOU WANT so long as you're not forcing your beliefs on to someone else. The idea of abortion all comes down to religion and murder of the different ideas of "what is that clump of cells?" Is it a baby? Is it nothing yet?

You already stated that you saw photos of aborted babies. This is not the first time you mentioned "clump of cells". The FACT is, no matter what you say, is that it is not a clump of cells. So, you are not telling the truth one way or the other. Either you are being disingenuous about it being a clump of cells, or you never did see the photos as you claimed you did.

I already said I would not post a picture of an aborted baby. So why don't you do it. Go ahead, show me up, show what an ignorant religious nutcase I am. You said you've seen pictures, go ahead and show us what a clump of cells looks like. I'm calling BS on you, Romes. Put up!
bobbartop
bobbartop
January 3rd, 2017 at 3:12:06 PM permalink

Do you believe that a rape victim should have the legal right to abort her rape-induced pregnancy within the first two months of her sexual assault? Yes or no.

YOU yes or no. You said it, you said my comment was false, the burden of proof is on YOU first. I anticipate crickets. That's your style when backed into a corner.

Anyway, whether you are a hypocrite or not is a topic for another day. OF COURSE she doesn't have the right to kill the baby. She has the right to kill THE RAPIST. What part of my saying abortion is murder have you not understood? Geez.

Find a photo of a two-month old "fetus", post it here, and get back to me. And make sure Romes sees the photo. I'm not going to post grossing out photos of little dead babies. I suspect I would get booted from the forum if I do.. So YOU do it. I don't care if you get booted.
bobbartop
bobbartop
January 3rd, 2017 at 3:25:37 PM permalink

Religious people are quite often republicans who scream "freedom!" and "make america great again by bringing back christ to christmas!" and crap of that nature...

Wow. Abort the baby reindeer.
ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 22
January 3rd, 2017 at 3:26:31 PM permalink
There is no such thing as a soul. That's fairy tale BS.

Unicorns aren't real either.
Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
bobbartop
bobbartop
January 3rd, 2017 at 3:34:22 PM permalink
Quote: ams288

There is no such thing as a soul. That's fairy tale BS.

Unicorns aren't real either.

I clearly said I could not prove it. I said that two or three times. So what are you stickin it in me for? This your substantive contribution to the thread?

And you can't prove it either. I can't prove it, you can't prove it. Until we're dead.
MathExtremist
MathExtremist
January 3rd, 2017 at 3:55:14 PM permalink

YOU yes or no. You said it, you said my comment was false, the burden of proof is on YOU first.

I would have assumed my position would be crystal clear at this point, but yes, I absolutely support the right of a pregnant rape victim to terminate her rape-induced pregnancy at two months.

Find a photo of a two-month old "fetus", post it here, and get back to me.

Your quotes around the word "fetus" are ironically accurate. At two months, a fertilized human egg is called an embryo, not a fetus. The science on this is clear -- a developing human embryo / fetus isn't viable until around 23-24 weeks (more than 5 months), hence the limits in the Supreme Court's Roe v. Wade and later Planned Parenthood v. Casey decisions. It appears that you want to outlaw all abortions at the moment of conception, but so long as this country's laws are democratically developed, you will need to accept that the vast majority of Americans (over 75%) still believe that abortion should be legal under at least some circumstances.
ams288
ams288
January 3rd, 2017 at 4:00:35 PM permalink

I clearly said I could not prove it. I said that two or three times. So what are you stickin it in me for?

I'm not sticking anything in you.
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
January 3rd, 2017 at 4:29:50 PM permalink

Time to bust out the sunday school... drinking is not only affecting your state of mind but also a substance that is harmful to your body... and yes it is in the bible that you should have neither of those. Same goes for gambling.

Which Bible verses say not to drink alcohol at all? Sure, there are a few that say not to get drunk (which would be the love of alcohol). I'm not aware of any that specifically say to never drink alcohol. I'm not aware of any verse that says not to ever gamble.....but then again, gambling is a bit of a touchy subject, in the sense that in "the Bible days", gambling wasn't a thing where you can do it for entertainment for a few hours every now and then.

Many people also think the quote is "Money is the root of all evil", when in reality, it's, "The love of money is the root of all evil." Drinking alcohol is not a sin, but the love of drinking alcohol (alcoholism or getting drunk) is a sin.

The Bible also says not to get tattoos (sort of). In the context, it was about not cutting yourself in worshiping false gods.

But I rarely ever drink and I don't have any tattoos, FWIW. But I don't care if you have tattoos or drink or whatever ya wanna do.

Check my last couple posts where I said I don't think there is no god. I'm a scientist... god can not be proven, nor disproven at this point in time. Makes the clear answer to what I believe agnostic.

You're right. I must have misread what you wrote. (Unless you edited it, bwahaha!)

Funny how when it's appropriate we should 're-examine' the constitution and take a look with "today's" perspective, yet when you talk about the right to bare arms and how the founding fathers never saw something that was capable of doing so much destruction as a fully automatic riffle then you're just being unAmericana to challenge the constitution.

I didn't "re-examine the constitution and look at it with today's perspective". It's very quite simple: The constitution is about protecting the people from the government becoming "too big". Freedom of speech is as much "giving someone the right to say what they want" as it is "not allowing the government to infringe upon that right". The USA is a republic, governed by the constitution. The freedom to bare arms is not about hunting or even predominantly about protecting yourself from others -- but from the government. In short, the constitution puts limits on the government....much like gaming regulations is/are mostly about regulating the casino, not the player.

The whole point is you're free to think or feel WHATEVER YOU WANT so long as you're not forcing your beliefs on to someone else. The idea of abortion all comes down to religion and murder of the different ideas of "what is that clump of cells?" Is it a baby? Is it nothing yet? The far right jump on the opportunity to call the left murderers when they try to be progressive and open minded about ALL of the types of situations that could occur (and several have been discussed thus far). Because of religious beliefs they want to make a woman's choice about her medical and livelihood their decision... Which is flat out wrong, and again counter-productive to what America was actually founded on (ironically).

In essence, anything you vote for (or against) is forcing your beliefs onto others.

As a secular society, we have also decided that murder is a crime. Crime and sin are not coextensive.

I don't think you'd be saying the same thing about abortion if abortion was a crime, decided by our society.

There are lots of secular crimes that are found nowhere in the Bible (e.g., insider trading, DUI) and lots of biblical crimes that are found nowhere in the U.S. Code (e.g., adultery with a married woman, wearing clothes made from wool and linen). What I don't want, and what the Founders didn't want, was a society where some church or other religious organization got to make the laws outside the democratic process. If we all collectively vote in those same laws democratically, well, we do. But the constitution prevents a few zealots from saying "abortion is a sin, therefore it must be a crime."

Not if you're talking about the people (not the government). It says nothing about the way I can base my vote (with or without religios beliefs).

If a person of power said, "According to the Bible.....therefore we must enact new law X....." that would be wrong based on the constitution. As a citizen and voter in the USA, I can, however, do that.

------------

Don't get me wrong. I don't think abortion should be illegal under all circumstances. I think there are circumstances where it should be permitted. But I don't think abortion should be OK under all circumstances. And I also think the whole religious thing regarding abortion is a bit weird to begin with. I don't think many Christians see it as a religious issue. They just think it's wrong.
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
January 3rd, 2017 at 5:05:53 PM permalink
Skank Megyn Kelly is moving to NBC
where she belongs. She'll fit right in
there with all the Lefties. She's been
stinking up Fox for years with her
Left wing crap.
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
Homelessnyc
Homelessnyc
  • Threads: 5
January 3rd, 2017 at 5:10:53 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

Left wing crap.

When I heard she was moving I thought CNN
ams288
ams288
January 3rd, 2017 at 5:13:44 PM permalink

Left wing crap.

What the eff does that have to do with this thread?
MathExtremist
MathExtremist
January 3rd, 2017 at 5:29:58 PM permalink

Don't get me wrong. I don't think abortion should be illegal under all circumstances. I think there are circumstances where it should be permitted. But I don't think abortion should be OK under all circumstances. And I also think the whole religious thing regarding abortion is a bit weird to begin with. I don't think many Christians see it as a religious issue. They just think it's wrong.

And those "many Christians" are in the 75%+ majority that think the way you and I do. It's the roughly 20% minority who hold black-and-white, "abortion is always murder" views who want to foist their dogmatic interpretation on you and me, despite medical science being clear that embryos cannot survive before about 23 weeks and often later. For that minority it absolutely is a religious issue: the soul is created at conception and therefore terminating any pregnancy (even IVF, even with fatal birth defects, even in the case of rape, even if the mother will die if she carries to term) is a sin and must therefore be a crime. It's no different than the tattered pseudo-science veil thrown over the religious dogma known as creationism, known as "creation science" by its propagandists. Just another attempt to push religious dogma, science be damned.

I have little tolerance for people who point to pre-American religious morality as their sole justification for how America should be governed and who would elevate those rules above the will of the people. We are entitled to make our own rules. That's the whole point:

Quote: Declaration of Independence

WHEN, in the Course of human Events, it becomes necessary for one People to dissolve the Political Bands which have connected them with another, and to assume, among the Powers of the Earth, the separate and equal Station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's GOD entitle them, a decent Respect to the Opinions of Mankind requires that they should declare the Causes which impel them to the Separation.

We hold these Truths to be self-evident, that all Men are created equal, that they are endowed, by their CREATOR, with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these Rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just Powers from the Consent of the Governed,

Consent of the Governed changes and adapts over time. It was intended to, because the governed (us) also change and adapt over time. Women can vote. Plantation owners can't own slaves. By any fair-minded evaluation, our society is more just than it was 240 years ago when those basic civil rights didn't exist. But religious dogma does not change and adapt over time, also as intended. Jewish orthodoxy prohibits the eating of pork and it always will. Catholicism prohibits birth control and it always will. It's no stretch to conclude that unchanging religious dogma has no place in a changing democratic society.
rxwine
rxwine
January 3rd, 2017 at 5:34:32 PM permalink

OF COURSE she doesn't have the right to kill the baby. .

So, if you were a young girl of 13, raped and impregnated in a home invasion by some thugs, and your entire family was also killed, you'd have the baby?

Well, if so, it's noble of you I suppose, but I don't think anyone should be forced to do so, or even made to feel guilty if they had a abortion.
mcallister3200
mcallister3200
  • Threads: 17
January 3rd, 2017 at 6:49:22 PM permalink

She's been
Left wing crap.

Safe to assume there's no evidence whatsoever of this and it's revisionist history once she dared question the Donald? Idk I don't watch fox, or cnn, or msnbc...
MathExtremist
MathExtremist
January 3rd, 2017 at 6:57:41 PM permalink
Quote: mcallister3200

Safe to assume there's no evidence whatsoever of this and it's revisionist history once she dared question the Donald? Idk I don't watch fox, or cnn, or msnbc...

The Kelly File was Fox's #2 watched show behind The O'Reilly Factor, with 2.51M viewers as of April.
http://www.thewrap.com/fox-news-13-top-rated-shows-how-megyn-kelly-measures-up-photos/?mode=3
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
  • Threads: 57
January 3rd, 2017 at 8:38:06 PM permalink
Just over two weeks until one of the Top 5 presidents is replaced by someone who will be one of the worst 5.

As far as modern times go, Nixon is a hard act to follow in that regard, but I believe in our orange, cotton candy haired god-emperor.
bobbartop
bobbartop
January 3rd, 2017 at 9:45:38 PM permalink
Quote: gamerfreak

Just over two weeks until one of the Top 5 presidents is replaced

orwellian
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
  • Threads: 57
January 4th, 2017 at 1:07:29 AM permalink

orwellian

IF YOU GOT NOTHIN TO HIDE.....
KingoftheEye
KingoftheEye
  • Threads: 0
January 5th, 2017 at 6:07:17 AM permalink
Quote: gamerfreak

Just over two weeks until one of the Top 5 presidents is replaced by someone who will be one of the worst 5.

As far as modern times go, Nixon is a hard act to follow in that regard, but I believe in our orange, cotton candy haired god-emperor.

I'd rate Obama way outside the top 5. How can you look at Washington, Lincoln, FDR, TR, Jackson, Wilson, or Kennedy and think he deserves a top spot? I would put him in top 20, but only if ObamaCare stands. If it is repealed, he falls into the bottom 10. In 30 years, he'd be a Milliard Fillmore. Sure he was President, but who cares?
Homelessnyc
Homelessnyc
  • Threads: 5
January 5th, 2017 at 6:21:10 AM permalink
Obama definitely is in the top 5 but for worst president.

As I've stated before Carter can die knowing he wasn't the worst
Romes
Romes
Thanked by
beachbumbabs
January 5th, 2017 at 6:55:21 AM permalink

In essence, anything you vote for (or against) is forcing your beliefs onto others...

Big difference is voting in a democracy takes the MAJORITY decision... With abortion you have a MINORITY of people trying to make laws for the MAJORITY which have ALREADY spoken. Due to their religious views they do not want to accept the MAJORITY decision and continue to badger and harass victims of rapes/etc.

Forcing a female to carry and keep a rape induced baby is unbelievably f*cking evil and wrong... in so many ways it would take pages of just my posts to attempt to explain... but if someone can't see that, then wow, they are lost.

If a person of power said, "According to the Bible.....therefore we must enact new law X....." that would be wrong based on the constitution. As a citizen and voter in the USA, I can, however, do that.

That's exactly what the religious right has been trying to do for a century, but the idea that america is first a democracy and not run by religious beliefs is what's kept them "at bay" on some/most issues.

I don't think many Christians see it as a religious issue. They just think it's wrong.

I disagree with that entirely... For them it's the ultimate religious issue... murder.
Romes
Romes
January 5th, 2017 at 7:04:56 AM permalink

You already stated that you saw photos of aborted babies. This is not the first time you mentioned "clump of cells". The FACT is, no matter what you say, is that it is not a clump of cells. So, you are not telling the truth one way or the other. Either you are being disingenuous about it being a clump of cells, or you never did see the photos as you claimed you did...

And here lies the real problem with people like you in our society... As ME already pointed out limbs, fingers, toes, etc, etc don't even form for months after conception, and in fact conception happens in the fallopian tubes before implantation on the wall of the uterus. That entire time it is literally, LITERALLY, a clump of cells that are starting cell division and have formed literally and absolutely nothing yet. That is scientific fact, not my opinion and not something I got from facebook or an unaccredited website of someone elses opinion.

You are the problem. People like who you don't understand science and yet you feel you have the right to say what is or isn't fact based off of the completely misleading biased single user hosted sites you visit and the bullsh*t others who you surround yourself that agree with you post on facebook. That's where you get your news, your science, and form your ideas from when in fact it's absolutely idiotic and incorrect information. Then you go out in to the world (or on these forums) and attempt to 'educate' us others with the BS information you've locked down in your mind and you take a narrow minded "I REFUSE TO BELIEVE WHAT I ALREADY THINK COULD BE FALSE" attitude. There are no absolutes and the number one characteristic of a scientist (in my opinion) is the ability to CHANGE THEIR MIND/OPINION once new/more accurate data is presented to them. With people like you, you have your crap information and you lock your brain from LEARNING anything new to update and refresh your knowledge/understanding of a topic.

When people cared about the accuracy of information people like you have been the minority for some time... but with the movie Idiocracy becoming a documentary the uneducated and unintelligent are out breeding the rest of us to the point where just because enough wrong people shout something the loudest you think that becomes the inherent truth.... Only another what, 50 years or so before enough people shout the world is flat and we all go back to accepting that as 'fact.' Too bad science, math, physics, etc don't care about who shouts the loudest.
Romes
Romes
January 5th, 2017 at 7:12:05 AM permalink
This is also again just like the same problem we have with climate change. Almost every single "real" news channel, tv show, etc would get one real scientist and one opponent of climate change for a debate. Then people would watch and go "well I guess either one could be right" but in REALITY an ACCURATE portrayal of the situation would be to have 99 accredited scientist on one side of the room and ONE guy on the other side of the room arguing. Then people would see the real scientific community and their standings. Same applies here. You are of a very very tiny religious minority but because you're shouting and we're 'debating' "one on one" you think you're bringing valid points to the table when in reality you have absolutely no argument for science...

FYI trump doesn't believe in climate change either... Guess he agrees with the 1 person he heard over the other 99 and the rest of the entire scientific community. Good to know he can take advising from the actual scientific community.
bobbartop
bobbartop
January 5th, 2017 at 7:39:07 AM permalink

And here lies the real problem with people like you in our society... As ME already pointed out limbs, fingers, toes, etc, etc don't even form for months after conception, and in fact conception happens in the fallopian tubes before implantation on the wall of the uterus. That entire time it is literally, LITERALLY, a clump of cells that are starting cell division and have formed literally and absolutely nothing yet. That is scientific fact, not my opinion and not something I got from facebook or an unaccredited website of someone elses opinion.

Meet Sarah and Patrick, at seven weeks
(dead fetuses picture removed by mod)
Last edited by: beachbumbabs on Jan 5, 2017
Romes
Romes
January 5th, 2017 at 7:58:38 AM permalink
Meet (no name), 20 weeks:

See how easy this is?
ams288
ams288
January 5th, 2017 at 8:06:47 AM permalink

Meet Sarah and Patrick, at seven weeks

A quick Google search can show you what a seven week old fetus ACTUALLY looks like.
Romes
Romes
January 5th, 2017 at 8:11:11 AM permalink
FYI, cited and sourced from Wikipedia... Here's the first 3-4 weeks, just to be clear:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:HumanEmbryogenesis.svg

91% of abortions are done in the first trimester.

This is all beside the point that a woman might not even KNOW she's pregnant for 4-8 weeks...
bobbartop
bobbartop
January 5th, 2017 at 8:20:05 AM permalink

Meet (no name), 20 weeks:

See how easy this is?

Laughing my ass off. Omg, I can't breathe, stop it, Romes, please, you're killing me. My eyes are watering, my side hurts. Stop it.

Zero respect, dude. ZIP, ZERO!

SIX (dead fetus picture removed by mod)
Romes
Romes
January 5th, 2017 at 8:21:27 AM permalink
The point was most clearly that anyone can post anything from anywhere that's not cites/sourced. So when you see something on your facebook feed you shouldn't just take it as fact...
bobbartop
bobbartop
January 5th, 2017 at 8:25:44 AM permalink

Meet Sarah and Patrick, at seven

A quick Google search can show you what a seven week old fetus ACTUALLY looks like.

Whatever helps you sleep at night, pal. I just showed you what one, two, look like at seven weeks. You are in denial.
ams288
ams288
January 5th, 2017 at 8:29:22 AM permalink

Find a photo of a two-month old "fetus", post it here, and get back to me. And make sure Romes sees the photo. I'm not going to post grossing out photos of little dead babies. I suspect I would get booted from the forum if I do.. So YOU do it. I don't care if you get booted.

I miss this version of bobbartop... :(

What changed?
bobbartop
bobbartop
January 5th, 2017 at 8:37:21 AM permalink

I miss this version of bobbartop... :(

What changed?

What changed? Know-it-all Romes posted a bunch of nonsense about how it's just a "clump of cells", that's what changed. And, I changed my mind. Go ahead and boot me.
ams288
ams288
January 5th, 2017 at 8:40:52 AM permalink

What changed? Know-it-all Romes posted a bunch of nonsense about how it's just a "clump of cells", that's what changed. And, I changed my mind. Go ahead and boot me.

I doubt you'll get booted.

But you provided no source in regards to your pictures. "Know-it-all" (is that supposed to be an insult?) Romes did.

A simple Google search can show that your pics are misleading at best, complete fabrications at worst.
bobbartop
bobbartop
January 5th, 2017 at 8:43:17 AM permalink

By the way, I don't know how many times you guys have accused me of being a troll. I guess I must be stupid, because I'm thinking it was ME that got trolled. You win. Congrats. You played me for the sucker that I am. I'm such a sucker I happen to think little babies are the most important thing in the world. But you guys won, fair and square. Bravo.
  • Jump to: