20 votes (32.25%)
42 votes (67.74%)

62 members have voted

bobbartop
bobbartop
  • Threads: 84
January 1st, 2017 at 10:42:04 PM permalink
Quote: RonC

Gary Hart did indeed end up leaving the race because of an affair.

<insert trivia here>

Donna Rice. Nice looking girl. I just looked her up. She's 58 now, and conservative. She voted for Trump.
Don't believe anything until it is officially denied.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 157
January 1st, 2017 at 11:06:35 PM permalink
Quote: RonC

It is like many things, though...where is the line when the line is obliterated?

Well, Trump isn't helping. Now it seems any stupid lie is okay, as long as you say "make America great again" every once in awhile.

The news organizations just shrug their shoulders now, because it has become no big deal. It's just accepted that he will make patently false statements on a regular basis. It's not even fair to call some of it spin. Spin usually tries to be clever at least.

Even Goebbels would probably be amazed..
One person's freedom is another person's annoying crap.
beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 96
January 2nd, 2017 at 3:21:40 AM permalink
Quote: RS

Fixed that for you. And it almost happened, too!

Oh, for crying out loud. Enough with the photoshopped mean garbage. I bet you pick your scabs, too.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
RS
RS
  • Threads: 59
January 2nd, 2017 at 3:40:23 AM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

Quote: RS

Fixed that for you. And it almost happened, too!

Oh, for crying out loud. Enough with the photoshopped mean garbage. I bet you pick your scabs, too.

It's not even shopped. Her forehead has a big weird smudge on it! (I've seen her in person, you can trust me!)

What's wrong with picking my scabs? If there is, can you womansplain it to me?

Hehehee....
нет сговор. нет непроходимость. полный освобождение от ответственности.
RonC
RonC
  • Threads: 39
January 2nd, 2017 at 6:26:49 AM permalink
Quote: rxwine

Well, Trump isn't helping. Now it seems any stupid lie is okay, as long as you say "make America great again" every once in awhile.

I don't disagree that he isn't helping but he certainly is not the first person to lie a lot who has become President.

The news organizations just shrug their shoulders now, because it has become no big deal. It's just accepted that he will make patently false statements on a regular basis. It's not even fair to call some of it spin. Spin usually tries to be clever at least.

The news organizations (the ones that are supposed to be unbiased, as opposed to ones that are openly biased, like Fox and MSNBC) let way too much personal bias into their reporting and have lost any trust they did have. No one "has to" accept any false statement but you have to actually do investigations, unbiased reporting, and present your story in a way that tells the story, not the reporter's feelings on the story. When you start off with an attack, you have already driven away a percentage of people who might have listened.

The excuse seems to be that people wouldn't listen, so why report honestly and fairly? That is not true, but you would have to build trust and a reputation for honesty. When a couple of top rung news guys get tossed for lies, it sure does make it harder for anyone to believe them.

Even Goebbels would probably be amazed..

This is where your comment goes off track. Trump isn't Hitler and he does not control the press. He only controls what he says. The press is not capable of doing their job at this point. They are next to worthless because they showed too much personal opinion and not enough tough reporting.
ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 15
January 2nd, 2017 at 6:44:17 AM permalink
Quote: KingoftheEye

Aside from the presidential race, I believe you'll find the Republicans had a lot more votes than the Democrats in the House of Reps races nationwide and they have for many years now. That's why they are a majority party.

False.

House Dems got more votes than House Republicans in 2012.
Lock him up!
ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 15
January 2nd, 2017 at 6:46:10 AM permalink
Quote: KingoftheEye

Not so fast, my friend. Last I checked, it took 67 Senate votes to impeach anybody. I don't think the Dems have any chance of controlling 67 seats since not enough Repubs are even up for election in 2018.

He would be a goner because the Dems would have the ability to investigate and uncover all his illegal activities and conflicts of interest.

Congressional Republicans have completely buried their heads in the sand and refuse to investigate.

Party before country.
Lock him up!
WatchMeWin
WatchMeWin
  • Threads: 92
January 2nd, 2017 at 8:23:57 AM permalink
At some point before his term is up, I believe he will be impeached. He has played ball his entire life very fast and dodging many bullets while utilizing the courts to his favor by manipulating the system and bullying anyone who posed a threat. He is in a different ball park now. This is the big league. Too many conflicts of interest, too many people watching every move to attach him. But in the end, he will probably be acquitted , just as Clinton was... but on different counts. The Donald knows how to get away with things! He is the Ultimate Sophisticated Con Artist!

That being said, I still voted for him because I believe he will get things done and rewrite how politicians work in the future.... and the other option was an absolute disaster and biatch!
'Winners hit n run... Losers stick around'
MathExtremist
MathExtremist
  • Threads: 88
January 2nd, 2017 at 11:34:17 AM permalink
Quote: WatchMeWin

At some point before his term is up, I believe he will be impeached. ... He is the Ultimate Sophisticated Con Artist!

That being said, I still voted for him

That just about sums up the entire election cycle. On one hand, you have a sizeable percentage of Americans who are aghast that someone who is a documented fraudster and crooked businessman would even make it out of the primaries. On the other, you have enough Americans who simply don't care about that to propel him to Electoral College victory. RonC just posted about how 1992 was the year Americans stopped caring about sexual impropriety in the Presidency. 2016 is the year Americans stopped caring about honor or integrity in the Presidency.

"Yeah he's a con artist but I voted for him anyway." smh
"In my own case, when it seemed to me after a long illness that death was close at hand, I found no little solace in playing constantly at dice." -- Girolamo Cardano, 1563
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 418
January 2nd, 2017 at 11:39:55 AM permalink
Quote: WatchMeWin

At some point before his term is up, I believe he will be impeached.

Not only won't he be impeached,
he will serve a full 8 years. I like
how everybody throws the word
around like it's a real possibility.
Parties do NOT impeach their own
presidents. It's the kiss of death
for their brand, for the sitting
members of congress in that party.
"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal

• Jump to: