TigerWu
TigerWu
  • Threads: 25
February 20th, 2019 at 1:12:41 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

Fantastic! He still has 2 years to get
the rest done. MAGA!

Yes, he does have two more years.

P.S. I don't know if you realized that the part you quoted was OBAMA's tally, not Trump's....
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
February 20th, 2019 at 1:51:12 PM permalink
Quote: TigerWu

P.S. I don't know if you realized that the part you quoted was OBAMA's tally, not Trump's....

You aren't supposed to notice. EB is trying to pretend that trump kept 48% of his promises. Deceive and Distract.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
  • Threads: 232
February 20th, 2019 at 1:53:57 PM permalink
Please don't feed the trolls
TigerWu
TigerWu
February 20th, 2019 at 2:15:12 PM permalink
Quote: lilredrooster

This actually is fake news. He never said that.
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 89
February 20th, 2019 at 2:31:24 PM permalink

This actually is fake news. He never said that.

Yup, fake, I wonder if this was created in Russia to troll Trump
Steverinos
Steverinos
  • Threads: 5
February 20th, 2019 at 2:38:28 PM permalink
Or created by Russians to divide us. And while he didn't say this, he did say that he loves the "poorly educated", which might as well mean the same thing.

http://www.people-press.org/2018/03/20/1-trends-in-party-affiliation-among-demographic-groups/
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
February 20th, 2019 at 2:43:11 PM permalink
Quote: Steverinos

Or created by Russians to divide us. And while he didn't say this, he did say that he loves the "poorly educated", which might as well mean the same thing.

http://www.people-press.org/2018/03/20/1-trends-in-party-affiliation-among-demographic-groups/

Context.

Steverinos
Steverinos
Thanked by
RS
February 20th, 2019 at 2:48:04 PM permalink
Context?

"We won the evangelicals. We won with young. We won with old. We won with highly educated. We won with poorly educated. I love the poorly educated," he said during his victory speech.

Nobody gave a damn about context when Obama said "you didn't build that". But hey, I appreciate the progress we're making!
TigerWu
TigerWu
February 20th, 2019 at 2:48:40 PM permalink
He also said the economy does better under Democrats and that he prefers a Popular Vote over the Electoral College.

Oh, yeah, and he said that Mexico would make a literal cash payment for the wall.
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
February 20th, 2019 at 2:51:20 PM permalink

And then 4 more years to do the
new promises.
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
EvenBob
EvenBob
February 20th, 2019 at 2:52:20 PM permalink

Fake quote.
Steverinos
Steverinos
February 20th, 2019 at 2:54:23 PM permalink

He also said the economy does better under Democrats

Because it does, historically, and it's not even close.

Somebody will show up and say it has nothing to do with the President and everything to do with who controls the House, neglecting to mention the veto power that the president holds over anything passed with less than 2/3 vote.

I've always believed that the President can have their biggest impact on economies during times of crisis. We've been fortunate to not have faced a crisis on Trump's watch because of the strong economic foundation that he was lucky to have inherited.
TigerWu
TigerWu
February 20th, 2019 at 3:00:06 PM permalink

And then 4 more years to do the
new promises.

I wonder what Putin's new promises will be...
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
Thanked by
ams288
February 20th, 2019 at 3:09:47 PM permalink

I wonder what Putin's new promises will be...

TigerWu
TigerWu
February 20th, 2019 at 3:43:37 PM permalink
To date, Trump actually has one of the best records for S&P growth of any Republican President in the last 100 years.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
February 20th, 2019 at 3:56:09 PM permalink

Because it does, historically, and it's not even close.

Only time I have seen it do better is under the last few years of Clinton. Disaster under Carter. Very mild under Obama.

Roared under Reagan, Bush41, and Trump. Bush43 had multiple headwinds but pulled it out until the financial crisis which he actually tried to avert but Democrats balked at tightening mortgage UW requirements.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
Steverinos
Steverinos
February 20th, 2019 at 4:08:07 PM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

Only time I have seen it do better is under the last few years of Clinton. Disaster under Carter. Very mild under Obama.

Roared under Reagan, Bush41, and Trump. Bush43 had multiple headwinds but pulled it out until the financial crisis which he actually tried to avert but Democrats balked at tightening mortgage UW requirements.

Care to elaborate on what measurements you're basing this in-depth analysis on? GDP? Jobs? Debt? Stock market growth? Inflation?
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
February 20th, 2019 at 4:10:10 PM permalink

Very mild under Obama. Democrats balked at tightening mortgage UW requirements.

total BS - both statements

you said in an earlier thread re the stock market (I'll find it if you want me to) that you got creamed in the market in 2008 and pulled out

the stock market is a fairly good reflector of the economy

𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞'𝐬 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐛𝐲 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐡𝐨𝐥𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐢𝐧𝐯𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐬 𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫 𝐎𝐛𝐚𝐦𝐚:

here's the movement of S&P 500 including dividends under Obama:

2009..... 26.46%
2010..... 15.06%
2011..... 2.11%
2012..... 16.00%
2013..... 32.39%
2014..... 13.69%
2015..... 1.38%
2016..... 11.96%

𝘴𝘰𝘳𝘳𝘺 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘮𝘪𝘴𝘴𝘦𝘥 𝘰𝘶𝘵. 𝘴𝘦𝘳𝘪𝘰𝘶𝘴𝘭𝘺. 𝘐 𝘥𝘰𝘯'𝘵 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘴𝘦𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘺𝘣𝘰𝘥𝘺 𝘩𝘶𝘳𝘵 𝘣𝘺 𝘣𝘢𝘥 𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
February 20th, 2019 at 4:24:13 PM permalink

Care to elaborate on what measurements you're basing this in-depth analysis on? GDP? Jobs? Debt? Stock market growth? Inflation?

Based on GDP and jobs Obama is a failure. He had half of the months of >7% unemployment post WWII under his watch. He was the only post-WWII POTUS to never. As to inflation, Carter had inflation you could not imagine, worst in our time.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
February 20th, 2019 at 4:25:51 PM permalink

total BS - both statements

you said in an earlier thread re the stock market (I'll find it if you want me to) that you got creamed in the market in 2008 and pulled out

the stock market is a fairly good reflector of the economy

𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞'𝐬 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐛𝐲 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐡𝐨𝐥𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐢𝐧𝐯𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐬 𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫 𝐎𝐛𝐚𝐦𝐚:

here's the movement of S&P 500 including dividends under Obama:

2009..... 26.46%
2010..... 15.06%
2011..... 2.11%
2012..... 16.00%
2013..... 32.39%
2014..... 13.69%
2015..... 1.38%
2016..... 11.96%

𝘴𝘰𝘳��𝘺 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘮𝘪𝘴𝘴𝘦𝘥 𝘰𝘶𝘵. 𝘴𝘦𝘳𝘪𝘰𝘶𝘴𝘭𝘺. 𝘐 𝘥𝘰𝘯'𝘵 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘴𝘦𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘺𝘣𝘰𝘥𝘺 𝘩𝘶𝘳𝘵 𝘣𝘺 𝘣𝘢𝘥 𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵

I did not pull out in 2009. Yes, the market did very well. Thank you, Fed, for printing all that money and forcing it into the market. How many QEs did we have under Obama again?
Steverinos
Steverinos
February 20th, 2019 at 4:34:28 PM permalink

Based on GDP and jobs Obama is a failure. He had half of the months of >7% unemployment post WWII under his watch. He was the only post-WWII POTUS to never. As to inflation, Carter had inflation you could not imagine, worst in our time.

You live in a different world.

Trump has YET to hit Obama's highest GDP quarters, and jobs created under Trump in his first two years is DIRECTLY in line with jobs created under Obama in his last two years. You'll just ignore any data that goes against your "feelings", like we discussed yesterday.

As far as the unemployment being over 7%, umm, it was called the Great Recession, and we could've fixed that a lot sooner if it wasn't for the GOP's unprecedented use of the filibuster.

As for historical trends on just about all of these measurements, they perform better under Democrats. Now, you could honestly argue that the reasons for this could vary. Maybe a little bit of luck, a little bit of timing, with just a splash of good policy. I'd accept that because I happen to think that's true. But to argue that it's not true just makes you look foolish.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
Thanked by
RS
February 20th, 2019 at 4:45:30 PM permalink

Trump has YET to hit Obama's highest GDP quarters, and jobs created under Trump in his first two years is DIRECTLY in line with jobs created under Obama in his last two years. You'll just ignore any data that goes against your "feelings", like we discussed yesterday.

No, live in the real world with the grown-ups. Here we do not get to cherry pick one or two good quarters. We use Obama's ENTIRE 8 years. And I also live where I have met several people that have stated that their business picked way up days after Trump won.

Quote:

As far as the unemployment being over 7%, umm, it was called the Great Recession, and we could've fixed that a lot sooner if it wasn't for the GOP's unprecedented use of the filibuster.

It was not all that great. 1982 was worse, high inflation and a prime rate near 20%. Guess what? Reagan got better results in less time. Not. Even. Close. As to the filibuster. Obama had a supermajority his first 2 years, until his radicalism cost him the House then the Senate. Nice try. Some of us have memories before the 1990s.

Quote:

As for historical trends on just about all of these measurements, they perform better under Democrats. Now, you could honestly argue that the reasons for this could vary. Maybe a little bit of luck, a little bit of timing, with just a splash of good policy. I'd accept that because I happen to think that's true. But to argue that it's not true just makes you look foolish.

Clinton's first 2 years were called a "jobless recovery." Things did not improve a ton until he lost Congress in 1994 and could not pursue his liberal agenda. The late 1990s had a check on him and the birth of the consumer internet. IOW, it was not Democrat policies. Similar to how things improved when Obama lost Congress.

Sorry, but when you have a party that hates people with money, the money goes elsewhere and we all suffer.
EvenBob
EvenBob
February 20th, 2019 at 4:48:22 PM permalink

I see headlines every day of how
much we miss the 'new normal' of
the roaringless Obama economy.
How we pine for those days of
record high unemployment.. Sniff

It's why Trump ran on Make America
Great Again, because everything
was just so wonderful under Obama.
Steverinos
Steverinos
February 20th, 2019 at 4:54:27 PM permalink

No, live in the real world with the grown-ups. Here we do not get to cherry pick one or two good quarters. We use Obama's ENTIRE 8 years. And I also live where I have met several people that have stated that their business picked way up days after Trump won.

It was not all that great. 1982 was worse, high inflation and a prime rate near 20%. Guess what? Reagan got better results in less time. Not. Even. Close. As to the filibuster. Obama had a supermajority his first 2 years, until his radicalism cost him the House then the Senate. Nice try. Some of us have memories before the 1990s.

Clinton's first 2 years were called a "jobless recovery." Things did not improve a ton until he lost Congress in 1994 and could not pursue his liberal agenda. The late 1990s had a check on him and the birth of the consumer internet. IOW, it was not Democrat policies. Similar to how things improved when Obama lost Congress.

Sorry, but when you have a party that hates people with money, the money goes elsewhere and we all suffer.

Obama had a filibuster proof majority for two years?

Hmm, when did Al Franken win his special election? When did Ted Kennedy get sick? When did Robert Byrd get sick? When did the special election in Massachusetts happen? When did Arlen Specter caucus with the Dems?

No, Obama had a filibuster-proof majority for 4 months. 4 months Go ahead. LOOK IT UP.

In case you are tired of being uninformed

You wouldn't be calling Trump either a liar or a fool, would you?

AZDuffman
AZDuffman
February 20th, 2019 at 4:57:45 PM permalink

Obama had a filibuster proof majority for two years?

Hmm, when did Al Franken win his special election? When did Ted Kennedy get sick? When did Robert Byrd get sick? When did the special election in Massachusetts happen? When did Arlen Specter caucus with the Dems?

No, Obama had a filibuster-proof majority for 4 months. 4 months Go ahead. LOOK IT UP.

IOW, four months longer than any POTUS of our time. And he was so radical he lost it from an election in one of the most liberal states in the USA!

He was a failure on the economy. The economy does not like more taxes and regulations. You need to come to terms with that.
ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 22
Thanked by
Steverinos
February 20th, 2019 at 5:01:36 PM permalink

And he was so radical he lost it from an election in one of the most liberal states in the USA!

Shhh. No one tell Duffman that Trump is so radical he lost a Senate seat from one of the most conservative states in America! (Alabama).
Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
February 20th, 2019 at 5:04:04 PM permalink
Quote: ams288

Shhh. No one tell Duffman that Trump is so radical he lost a Senate seat from one of the most conservative states in America! (Alabama).

Are you talking about the one where the candidate was painted as a pedophile? Yeah, that was because of Trump.
Steverinos
Steverinos
February 20th, 2019 at 5:04:23 PM permalink
Quote: ams288

ZING!

Waiting for him to say that it actually didn't happen.
ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 22
February 20th, 2019 at 5:07:41 PM permalink

Are you talking about the one where the candidate was painted as a pedophile? Yeah, that was because of Trump.

Trump endorsed him wholeheartedly. The entire RNC was behind him.

And he still lost. In Alabama.
Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
Steverinos
Steverinos
February 20th, 2019 at 5:08:37 PM permalink

IOW, four months longer than any POTUS of our time.

IOW, you're a little more informed than you were 10 minutes ago.

You're welcome.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
February 20th, 2019 at 5:13:43 PM permalink

IOW, you're a little more informed than you were 10 minutes ago.

You're welcome.

Nope, I have heard liberals cry that he only had it for 4 months for years now. As if he couldn't do anything without it. Fact is his arrogance made it so that he did.
Steverinos
Steverinos
Thanked by
ams288
February 20th, 2019 at 5:25:20 PM permalink
Oh...so...you knew the truth and lied anyways. You’re awesome.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
February 20th, 2019 at 5:45:38 PM permalink

Oh...so...you knew the truth and lied anyways. You’re awesome.

Didn't lie. He had a supermajority.
TigerWu
TigerWu
February 20th, 2019 at 7:34:13 PM permalink

I see headlines every day of how
much we miss the 'new normal' of
the roaringless Obama economy.
How we pine for those days of
record high unemployment.. Sniff

Oh, you mean the unemployment due to the Great Recession, which had nothing to do with Obama? And there was never a "record high unemployment" under Obama. His worst year was 9.9%. It was higher in 1982, and from 1931 to 1941. Furthermore, unemployment went down every single year of his Presidency. Source

Quote:

It's why Trump ran on Make America
Great Again, because everything
was just so wonderful under Obama.

It was. For those of us living in the real world. Plummeting unemployment, soaring stock market, one war ending, another one practically ending, housing market rebounded.... GDP growth was mediocre, I'll give you that, but after the recession cooled off it was a great time to be in America. Sorry you missed out on it, wherever you were. And remind me again how many criminal indictments there were in Obama's administration? (Hint: 0)
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 209
February 20th, 2019 at 7:38:49 PM permalink

And remind me again how many criminal indictments there were in Obama's administration? (Hint: 0)

And likely more to come in the Trump debacle.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
Steverinos
Steverinos
February 20th, 2019 at 8:12:06 PM permalink

He had a supermajority.

For four months. Not two years.
EvenBob
EvenBob
February 20th, 2019 at 8:33:20 PM permalink

it was a great time to be in America.

Uh huh. That's why we voted in Hillary,
who was offering 4 more years of
Obama policies, because we loved
his America so much. And voted
out Trump who said he was going
to give us an America that Obama
said was never coming back. Oh, wait..

Remember this, Obama,s 'magic wand'
speech? He was baffled at how anybody
could improve the economy, let alone
Trump. Yeah, sure miss Mr Clueless
and his 'new normal' economy.

EvenBob
EvenBob
Thanked by
AxelWolf
February 21st, 2019 at 12:18:27 AM permalink
Uh Oh

Clapper Cautions: Mueller Report Might Be "Anticlimactic And Not Draw A Conclusion"

Another insider saying there's nothing there.
Apparently this might be over as soon as
next week. Most of Mueller's lawyers are
gone and the few that are left are contacting
their firms to go back to work.

Washington (CNN)Attorney General Bill Barr is preparing to announce as early as next week the completion of special counsel Robert Mueller's Russia investigation, with plans for Barr to submit to Congress soon after a summary of Mueller's confidential report, according to people familiar with the plans.

So for all of you here who claimed recently
that Mueller is just now 'digging into
the good stuff', it looks like the polar
opposite is true.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/20/politics/special-counsel-conclusion-announcement/index.html
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
February 21st, 2019 at 3:31:58 AM permalink
I'm hoping the New York Attorney General will indict his children for their role in the fraud perpetrated by the Trump Foundation, a bogus Trump charity which was forced to shut down - the Trump family used the charity to enrich themselves

He can indict his kids now, and indict Don the Con after he's booted out of office on his fat ass one way or another

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/12/18/trump-foundation-agrees-to-dissolve-under-judicial-supervision-.html

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-agrees-to-shut-down-his-charity-amid-allegations-he-used-it-for-personal-and-political-benefit/2018/12/18/dd3f5030-021b-11e9-9122-82e98f91ee6f_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.223a1d993008
darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 296
February 21st, 2019 at 6:29:22 AM permalink

Oh, you mean the unemployment due to the Great Recession, which had nothing to do with Obama? And there was never a "record high unemployment" under Obama. His worst year was 9.9%. It was higher in 1982, and from 1931 to 1941. Furthermore, unemployment went down every single year of his Presidency. Source

It was. For those of us living in the real world. Plummeting unemployment, soaring stock market, one war ending, another one practically ending, housing market rebounded.... GDP growth was mediocre, I'll give you that, but after the recession cooled off it was a great time to be in America. Sorry you missed out on it, wherever you were. And remind me again how many criminal indictments there were in Obama's administration? (Hint: 0)

Tigerwu,

You are arguing with someone who just a few posts ago stressed how he knows someone did financially better just days after Trump was elected as proof of the good job trump is doing

Come on! Figure it out! Confirmation bias to the max! Obviously there is nothing trump did in his first week thst someone suddenly made significantly more money due to trump (except those con men working for him who leveraged their positions like manafort and flynn. Hell maybe thats who AZ knows lol?)
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
Thanked by
RogerKintRS
February 21st, 2019 at 8:09:01 AM permalink
Quote: darkoz

Come on! Figure it out! Confirmation bias to the max! Obviously there is nothing trump did in his first week thst someone suddenly made significantly more money due to trump (except those con men working for him who leveraged their positions like manafort and flynn. Hell maybe thats who AZ knows lol?)

You do not understand how business works. When Trump was elected many businesses saw the business hostile Obama admin would end and not be replaced by a business hostile Hillary administration. So they ordered that new equipment, moved forward on that new plant. Saw the climate would be better for them.

This is how it works when you get out of the Volvo-driving, latte-sipping, wonder-bread eating world of the left and come to the manly world where real things get made and done.
AxelWolf
AxelWolf
  • Threads: 164
February 21st, 2019 at 8:14:58 AM permalink

You do not understand how business works. When Trump was elected many businesses saw the business hostile Obama admin would end and not be replaced by a business hostile Hillary administration. So they ordered that new equipment, moved forward on that new plant. Saw the climate would be better for them.

This is how it works when you get out of the BUS-RIDDING,______-sipping, mask wearing world of the left and come to the manly world where real things get made and done.

Know your fellow man, I fixed it for you so he can better understand (-;
♪♪Now you swear and kick and beg us That you're not a gamblin' man Then you find you're back in Vegas With a handle in your hand♪♪ Your black cards can make you money So you hide them when you're able In the land of casinos and money You must put them on the table♪♪ You go back Jack do it again roulette wheels turinin' 'round and 'round♪♪ You go back Jack do it again♪♪
darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 296
Thanked by
ams288
February 21st, 2019 at 8:36:52 AM permalink

This is how it works when you get out of the Volvo-driving, latte-sipping, wonder-bread eating world of the left and come to the manly world where real things get made and done.

Unfortunately most businesses dont understand how businesses run

I take great advantage of casinos who make that mistake
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
February 21st, 2019 at 10:32:54 AM permalink

Unfortunately most businesses dont understand how businesses run

I take great advantage of casinos who make that mistake

Lol what?

If you ran a business, would you rather the current president be one who is pro-business or anti-business? It’s literally common sense.
TigerWu
TigerWu
February 21st, 2019 at 10:34:07 AM permalink

Tigerwu,

You are arguing with someone who just a few posts ago stressed how he knows someone did financially better just days after Trump was elected as proof of the good job trump is doing

Ha... I'm just going to stay out of the political threads. Tired of wasting my time arguing with demonstrably false idiotic statements.

Good luck, darkoz!
petroglyph
petroglyph
  • Threads: 19
February 21st, 2019 at 10:41:21 AM permalink
Quote: RS

Lol what?

If you ran a business, would you rather the current president be one who is pro-business or anti-business? It’s literally common sense.

Whatever Ron Reagan was, I want the opposite of that.
Steverinos
Steverinos
Thanked by
rxwine
February 21st, 2019 at 10:41:42 AM permalink
Quote: RS

You'd have to first determine what pro and anti-business really is. If anti-business means imposing regulations to ensure consumers that are spending money in your business don't drink poisoned milk, sign me up! If anti-business means imposing regulations that a business can't dump its waste in the local river, sign me up! If pro-business means cutting the business taxes, fine...I guess. My family ran a small business for 20 years. It didn't matter if we received a tax break, we still weren't hiring if there was no demand for our product and services. (Luckily for us, we ran an autobody shop in the arctic, lol)

You know what is also common sense? Coal is dead. But when Hillary said she wanted to invest in those coal workers to train them for the new jobs in other energy sectors, the GOP ran ad after ad after taking her comments out of context to make it look like she was coming after them instead of helping them.

That's their playbook. Lie, distort, and mislead. What does it say about your own ideas when you can't be honest about the issues?
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
February 21st, 2019 at 10:48:49 AM permalink

You'd have to first determine what pro and anti-business really is. If anti-business means imposing regulations to ensure consumers that are spending money in your business don't drink poisoned milk, sign me up! If anti-business means imposing regulations that a business can't dump its waste in the local river, sign me up! If pro-business means cutting the business taxes, fine...I guess. My family ran a small business for 20 years. It didn't matter if we received a tax break, we still weren't hiring if there was no demand for our product and services. (Luckily for us, we ran an autobody shop in the arctic, lol)

Anti-business means regulations that make it more expensive to hire people. Anti-business means wanting to raise taxes. Anti-business means regulations that are needless but raise costs. For example, if there was a regulation that required $25,000 of new filters for the paint booth at you shop, chances are you would not want to expand your business.

Quote:

You know what is also common sense? Coal is dead. But when Hillary said she wanted to invest in those coal workers to train them for the new jobs in other energy sectors, the GOP ran ad after ad after taking her comments out of context to make it look like she was coming after them instead of helping them.

That's their playbook. Lie, distort, and mislead. What does it say about your own ideas when you can't be honest about the issues?

Hillary was going after coal miners. Obama promised to bankrupt the coal industry. That would be anti-business. Under Trump, new mines opened. He got rid of senseless regulations that made it too expensive for coal mines to do business.
  • Jump to: