62 members have voted

darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 296
Thanked by
tringlomane
February 21st, 2019 at 11:53:02 AM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

Anti-business means regulations that make it more expensive to hire people. Anti-business means wanting to raise taxes. Anti-business means regulations that are needless but raise costs. For example, if there was a regulation that required $25,000 of new filters for the paint booth at you shop, chances are you would not want to expand your business.

Quote:

You know what is also common sense? Coal is dead. But when Hillary said she wanted to invest in those coal workers to train them for the new jobs in other energy sectors, the GOP ran ad after ad after taking her comments out of context to make it look like she was coming after them instead of helping them.

That's their playbook. Lie, distort, and mislead. What does it say about your own ideas when you can't be honest about the issues?

Hillary was going after coal miners. Obama promised to bankrupt the coal industry. That would be anti-business. Under Trump, new mines opened. He got rid of senseless regulations that made it too expensive for coal mines to do business.

Like when they lifted the regulations that hindered the banks and made it much easier for them to do business as predators and we wound up entering a recession?

That kind of deregulation?
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 209
February 21st, 2019 at 12:06:21 PM permalink
I wonder if anyone actually thinks Trump will be any more popular after the Mueller report, regardless of what it says? I seriously doubt it. The only effect is on whether they move to impeach or indict him. I think that's the best he can hope for. No chance Trump will ever smell like roses no matter what happens.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
darkoz
darkoz
February 21st, 2019 at 12:07:57 PM permalink
So apparently in the "manly world where things get done" the mantra of business is thus

"Damn, just had a democratic president elected. Best to immediately scale back operations and fire people. Demand for my services is not an important factor in my decision. Just the party affiliation of our current president."

Again if thats how businesses run then they only have themselves to blame for failure
rxwine
rxwine
February 21st, 2019 at 12:12:00 PM permalink
Safety in the sausage factory is just an oppressive regulation. If the workers fall in the grinder, they can easily be replaced and the sausage tastes the same. Profit.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
Steverinos
Steverinos
  • Threads: 5
Thanked by
ams288
February 21st, 2019 at 12:13:51 PM permalink
Quote: darkoz

Again if thats how businesses run

It's not how they are run. In fact, the opposite is true.

http://presidentialdata.org/

3rd chart down.

Apparently, it's "manly" to be wrong about...everything.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 240
February 21st, 2019 at 12:21:25 PM permalink

Like when they lifted the regulations that hindered the banks and made it much easier for them to do business as predators and we wound up entering a recession?

That kind of deregulation?

Please be more specific. I was in mortgage banking at this time and I do not remember such deregulation. We actually had dozens of pages required by the feds to disclose this and that.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
darkoz
darkoz
February 21st, 2019 at 12:31:49 PM permalink

Please be more specific. I was in mortgage banking at this time and I do not remember such deregulation. We actually had dozens of pages required by the feds to disclose this and that.

I will do the manly thing and Google it so your memory is jogged.

Funny how you lived through it and dont remember it.

https://www.thebalance.com/what-caused-2008-global-financial-crisis-3306176
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
February 21st, 2019 at 12:32:12 PM permalink

So apparently in the "manly world where things get done" the mantra of business is thus

"Damn, just had a democratic president elected. Best to immediately scale back operations and fire people. Demand for my services is not an important factor in my decision. Just the party affiliation of our current president."

Again if thats how businesses run then they only have themselves to blame for failure

Business does not care the party affiliation. They do care how that POTUS will govern. Obama was hostile to business, having never worked in the real world he had no clue about it. Trump promised a friendlier climate.

For example, Hillary promised to continue the Obama policy of putting coal mines out of business. So if you make gear to mine coal, you will not rush to put on new workers while they are in charge. OTOH, Trump was friendlier to coal. So when he is elected you see where orders will come in.

It goes down the line. A coal miner will be less likely to be buying a car if he thinks the POTUS wants to destroy his industry, affecting other demand.

That is how it works. If it had been Jeb we probably would not have seen the instant boom we saw under Trump.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
February 21st, 2019 at 12:35:14 PM permalink

I will do the manly thing and Google it so your memory is jogged.

Funny how you lived through it and dont remember it.

https://www.thebalance.com/what-caused-2008-global-financial-crisis-3306176

Seen all this before. None of it relates to deregulation to allow predatory lending, which was your claim.
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
February 21st, 2019 at 12:40:38 PM permalink
Quote: rxwine

whether they move to impeach

That's a done deal, they will impeach
him because they erroneously think
that will make his base turn against
him.

They think this even though they
know that Clinton's numbers were
the highest of his presidency when
he was being impeached. If that had
been his first term, he would have
been reelected in a landslide.
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 22
Thanked by
rxwine
February 21st, 2019 at 12:55:11 PM permalink
ACTUALLY, Dems are gonna impeach him because it’s the “manly” thing to do!
Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
EvenBob
EvenBob
February 21st, 2019 at 1:07:02 PM permalink
Quote: ams288

ACTUALLY, Dems are gonna impeach him because it’s the “manly” thing to do!

They'll make up a reason, but it will
happen. A boon for Trump, you'll
see. It'll drive people to vote for
Trump that never would have
otherwise.
darkoz
darkoz
February 21st, 2019 at 1:37:54 PM permalink

Seen all this before. None of it relates to deregulation to allow predatory lending, which was your claim.

So you didnt read the first paragraph lol
darkoz
darkoz
February 21st, 2019 at 1:41:14 PM permalink

Business does not care the party affiliation. They do care how that POTUS will govern. Obama was hostile to business, having never worked in the real world he had no clue about it. Trump promised a friendlier climate.

For example, Hillary promised to continue the Obama policy of putting coal mines out of business. So if you make gear to mine coal, you will not rush to put on new workers while they are in charge. OTOH, Trump was friendlier to coal. So when he is elected you see where orders will come in.

It goes down the line. A coal miner will be less likely to be buying a car if he thinks the POTUS wants to destroy his industry, affecting other demand.

That is how it works. If it had been Jeb we probably would not have seen the instant boom we saw under Trump.

Nobody cares about 3 coalminers and their singing daughter. They should move to a city if they need jobs

Coal mining is like horse and carriage drivers

I suppose you are for deregulation for them to so they can expand their booming horse carriage business
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
February 21st, 2019 at 1:42:55 PM permalink

So you didnt read the first paragraph lol

It talks about interest-only loans. They are not predatory as long as they are disclosed. And they were not the result of "deregulation."

Mortgages were and are highly regulated. To say they are not you need to be on dope.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
Thanked by
RogerKint
February 21st, 2019 at 1:44:45 PM permalink

Nobody cares about 3 coalminers and their singing daughter. They should move to a city if they need jobs

I suppose you are for deregulation for them to so they can expand their booming horse carriage business

Coal is a viable energy source and used in steel production, to name two things.

USA is the Saudi Arabia of coal, we have lifetimes of the stuff.

Your first line is why Hillary lost. Smug, condescending attitude to people you think are beneath you because they get dirty when they work.
rxwine
rxwine
February 21st, 2019 at 1:57:26 PM permalink

Smug, condescending attitude to people you think are beneath you because they get dirty when they work.

Which is different how, then when you've said people who don't make enough money working a full time job should just move in with each other than get paid a living wage?
darkoz
darkoz
February 21st, 2019 at 1:57:51 PM permalink

Coal is a viable energy source and used in steel production, to name two things.

USA is the Saudi Arabia of coal, we have lifetimes of the stuff.

Your first line is why Hillary lost. Smug, condescending attitude to people you think are beneath you because they get dirty when they work.

Exactly

So you have nothing to worry about. The gop has it made

Most of the country doesn't care about coal miners. You guys are a shoe in each presidency
petroglyph
petroglyph
  • Threads: 19
February 21st, 2019 at 1:59:17 PM permalink

Coal produces half of the electricity in the world. And 30% of US electric generation. Not quite horse and carriage.

https://www.eia.gov/tools/faqs/faq.php?id=427&t=3
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
February 21st, 2019 at 2:00:33 PM permalink
Quote: rxwine

Which is different how, then when you've said people who don't make enough money working a full time job should just move in with each other than get paid a living wage?

Different because I am not supporting their livelyhood being regulated to extinction because liberals do not like their industry. Obama and Hillary promised to run coal out of business and to hell with the communities they would destroy.

Different because coal miners were not demanding the government force a better wage for them, they just want to work at the wage offered.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
February 21st, 2019 at 2:02:25 PM permalink
Quote: petroglyph

Coal produces half of the electricity in the world. And 30% of US electric generation. Not quite horse and carriage.

Remember when the lefties got all upset because someone opened a coal mine in PA? They said "we should not be investing in coal" as if they were forced to buy stock in the mine.
darkoz
darkoz
February 21st, 2019 at 2:17:35 PM permalink

Wow we really need to hurry up and make it completely eradicated. This country is way behind modern times apparently
RogerKint
RogerKint
  • Threads: 15
Thanked by
RS
February 21st, 2019 at 2:26:51 PM permalink
I'll be damned if I sit idly by while white men say coal is dirty and outdated just cause it's black.

100% risk of ruin
petroglyph
petroglyph
February 21st, 2019 at 2:29:21 PM permalink
I was following CTL infrastructure at about that time, https://www.ecmag.com/section/your-business/doe-completes-study-pennsylvania-coal-liquid-fuels-project. It was big news in South Africa, and China had 5 plants at the time.
Montana as well as PA were supposed to have big CTL facility's. It kind of fell off the radar, but I still think it's a great idea to leave our options open.
https://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php/Gilberton_Coal-to-Clean-Fuels_and_Power_Project
ams288
ams288
February 28th, 2019 at 6:50:12 PM permalink
At this point, why waste the time with impeachment when the Senate will never convict?

The goal now seems to be just to constantly highlight Donald’s corruption and crimes to ensure he’s as weak a candidate as possible come 2020. (Kind of like what the right did to Hillary, but times ten million).

Can’t wait to watch the House Dems haul high profile witnesses into open hearings come Sept/Oct 2020...

Yesterday was just a teaser.
EvenBob
EvenBob
February 28th, 2019 at 7:06:10 PM permalink

At this point, why waste the time with impeachment when the Senate will never convict?

Trump's real crime, his only crime, was that
he beat Hillary. She was so bought and paid
for, so entrenched in the position to be the
first woman president, it was such a done deal,
that there should have been a law against
anybody beating her.

But there wasn't, so the media pretends there
was such a law, and they've been trying to get
rid of Trump ever since. If he hadn't turned out
to be such a great president, it probably
would have worked. Now that their star witness,
Michael Cohen, has sank the ship, they have nothing
else left.
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 89
February 28th, 2019 at 8:15:08 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

Now that their star witness,
Michael Cohen, has sank the ship, they have nothing
else left.

?????????
Mueller
NY Prosecutors
Manafort
Stone
House investigations
ect
EvenBob
EvenBob
February 28th, 2019 at 8:44:26 PM permalink
Quote: terapined

?????????

Mueller: A dry hole

NY Prosecutors: ?

Manafort: Nothing that touches Trump

Stone: Ditto

House investigations: The House and Senate and
Mueller already had investigations and found
nothing. Waste of time to do it again.

ect: That's all, folks.

petroglyph
petroglyph
February 28th, 2019 at 8:44:54 PM permalink
What about the time that Putin and Trump got together to club some baby seals, but stopped to kick a puppy?
EvenBob
EvenBob
February 28th, 2019 at 8:48:18 PM permalink

What about the time that Putin and Trump got together to club some baby seals, but stopped to kick a puppy?

You're being ironic, but that's about
the level this silliness has come down
to. Just because She lost. Hasn't it
gone on long enough? Beat Trump
in the election, get rid of a president
the old fashioned way. Vote him out.
darkoz
darkoz
Thanked by
Foragertringlomanegamerfreakams288terapined
February 28th, 2019 at 8:49:02 PM permalink
Right now if Trump stuck a .45 caliber gun to EBs head and said your money or your brains...

His response would be "what a wonderful president Trump is. He commits absolutely no crimes I know of."
petroglyph
petroglyph
February 28th, 2019 at 9:40:10 PM permalink

You're being ironic, but that's about
the level this silliness has come down
to. Just because She lost. Hasn't it
gone on long enough? Beat Trump
in the election, get rid of a president
the old fashioned way. Vote him out.

It's sad that this is what the pols want to be the business of this country. There has been at least one if not two or three accusations every week since Trump was sworn in. It's amazing to see the wherewithal the DNC has, to keep this up round the clock. And it doesn't look like he has done anything worse than any other high profile business person. What a waste of time.
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
February 28th, 2019 at 9:43:14 PM permalink
So did Trump run as a publicity stunt and not want to win? Or did he collude with the Russians? Both? Neither?
rxwine
rxwine
February 28th, 2019 at 9:44:15 PM permalink

. And it doesn't look like he has done anything worse than any other high profile business person.

In that case, guess we just need to indict more people.
rxwine
rxwine
February 28th, 2019 at 9:46:07 PM permalink
Kinda like saying since only 1 speeder out of 20 probably gets a ticket for 15mph over the limit, no one should get one.
EvenBob
EvenBob
Thanked by
Mooseton
February 28th, 2019 at 11:13:33 PM permalink
Quote: RS

So did Trump run as a publicity stunt and not want to win? Or did he collude with the Russians? Both? Neither?

He wanted to not win so badly he
colluded and the Russian's screwed
it up. He's done nothing in office
but ride the huge tailwind Obama
left behind. Or was it the 'passed
wind' Obama left in the air..
ams288
ams288
Thanked by
terapinedtringlomane
March 1st, 2019 at 4:41:23 AM permalink
Quote: RS

Both.

Started out as a publicity stunt. Then he beat all those other GOP losers and he realized he could win this thing with help from his Russian friends.
darkoz
darkoz
Thanked by
terapined
March 1st, 2019 at 4:53:43 AM permalink

It's sad that this is what the pols want to be the business of this country. There has been at least one if not two or three accusations every week since Trump was sworn in. It's amazing to see the wherewithal the DNC has, to keep this up round the clock. And it doesn't look like he has done anything worse than any other high profile business person. What a waste of time.

Its sad that people who dont live in NYC dont realize Trump has been looked on as a con man all along by those who grew up with his antics

Its like if John Gotti was suddenly running for President and all the GOP were like his past history should mean nothing. What a lie that hes a criminal. SMH
tringlomane
tringlomane
  • Threads: 8
March 1st, 2019 at 7:56:57 AM permalink

Its sad that people who dont live in NYC dont realize Trump has been looked on as a con man all along by those who grew up with his antics

Its like if John Gotti was suddenly running for President and all the GOP were like his past history should mean nothing. What a lie that hes a criminal. SMH

Living in the Midwest I've thought this ever since I was a kid. Well before he ever had a political agenda.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
March 1st, 2019 at 9:55:32 AM permalink

Yeah, well, that's where the Northeast elitist snob image worked against the US as a whole. New York told people again and again what a scumbag he is, provided dozens of examples and proof, and the so-called flyover states chose to ignore and even take umbrage at them telling "good people" who to vote for.

That's the root of how "good people" overlook the lying, cheating, and all the rest of the hypocrisy of choosing Trump. And in defending him against all the idiot moves and tweets he's made since. Doesn't matter that they're hurting themselves, they'd rather believe a liar than accept an unpleasant truth.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
darkoz
darkoz
March 1st, 2019 at 10:04:46 AM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

Yeah, well, that's where the Northeast elitist snob image worked against the US as a whole. New York told people again and again what a scumbag he is, provided dozens of examples and proof, and the so-called flyover states chose to ignore and even take umbrage at them telling "good people" who to vote for.

That's the root of how "good people" overlook the lying, cheating, and all the rest of the hypocrisy of choosing Trump. And in defending him against all the idiot moves and tweets he's made since. Doesn't matter that they're hurting themselves, they'd rather believe a liar than accept an unpleasant truth.

In their defense:

A: thats what con men do. Even when evidence exists many thrive on continuing to con people

B: His reality tv show was a big celebrity influence.

I think most Americans assume a rich celebrity cannot be a cheat and a con. At least they are the last suspects.
EvenBob
EvenBob
March 1st, 2019 at 10:09:17 AM permalink

Started out as a publicity stunt.

Trump talked about running since the
late 80's. He threw his hat in the ring
and went for it. Nobody puts that much
energy and money behind a 'publicity
stunt'. To gain what, notoriety and
fame he already had worldwide?

That makes zero sense. He was already
on top, even had a long running hit
TV show on a major network. He
genuinely gave it a shot and is now
one of the best presidents we've ever
had.
ams288
ams288
March 1st, 2019 at 10:26:16 AM permalink

He was already
on top, even had a long running hit
TV show on a major network. He
genuinely gave it a shot and is now
one of the best presidents we've ever
had.

Getting a lot of use lately out of this gif thanks to you righties.
EvenBob
EvenBob
March 1st, 2019 at 10:32:30 AM permalink

Getting a lot of use lately out of this gif thanks to you righties.

Trump's success is at the bottom
of all this. First he beats Hillary,
then he has the audacity to
build the wall and bring us a
thriving economy. Like pouring
salt on the wound..
ams288
ams288
March 1st, 2019 at 10:37:23 AM permalink

salt on the wound..

Is he really building the wall, or just fixing up existing fencing? And who's paying for it?
EvenBob
EvenBob
March 1st, 2019 at 10:49:03 AM permalink

Is he really building the wall, or just fixing up existing fencing? And who's paying for it?

There's enough money for continuing
wall building thru 2020. He's getting
the rest of the money from other
sources. If you were paying attention
at his rallies, he said over and over
the new wall was being built even as
he was speaking.
darkoz
darkoz
Thanked by
tringlomane
March 1st, 2019 at 10:52:17 AM permalink

There's enough money for continuing
wall building thru 2020. He's getting
the rest of the money from other
sources. If you were paying attention
at his rallies, he said over and over
the new wall was being built even as
he was speaking.

Yeah we paid attention

Its called a lie

Even as we speak astronauts are landing on Saturn.

See how easy it is to lie
EvenBob
EvenBob
March 1st, 2019 at 11:10:19 AM permalink

Yeah we paid attention Its called a lie

The other locales Trump mentioned do have many miles of existing fencing that is being replaced or strengthened. To date, the fencing is a hodge-podge of projects covering about 650 miles.

In November, the government announced a $324 million contract for 32 miles of "primary pedestrian replacement wall" in Arizona.

A 20-mile border wall replacement project in Santa Teresa, N.M., was announced in April 2018. The cost is reported to be $73.3 million.

A 6-mile "levee wall system" is set for construction in Texas's Rio Grande Valley beginning in February 2019. It will cost $145 million.

A 14-mile "border wall construction project" along the border in San Diego was announced in June 2018. The project actually will replace an "eight-to-10 foot high scrap metal wall with an 18-to-30 foot bollard-style wall topped off with an anti-climbing plate." The cost will be $147 million.
rainman
rainman
  • Threads: 18
March 1st, 2019 at 11:27:58 AM permalink

salt on the wound..

I sure am glad he is keeping his promise of making
Mexico pay for the wall so we don't have to.
Steverinos
Steverinos
  • Threads: 5
March 1st, 2019 at 11:45:21 AM permalink
It's always so easy to detect a copy/paste post from EB.

Happy Friday!
  • Jump to: