Thread Rating:

ams288
ams288
Joined: Sep 26, 2012
  • Threads: 22
  • Posts: 5461
July 8th, 2015 at 10:14:52 AM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

Liberals need to quit dragging out the social issues and talk about what America cares about.



Based on all the rainbow tinted profile pics that are still on my Facebook feed, I'd say America cares about social issues.

Liberals "need" to quite dragging out the social issues. -No we don't. Liberals win on the social issues. We can drag them out all we want to highlight the bigotry of the candidates on the right.
Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
Boz
Boz
Joined: Sep 22, 2011
  • Threads: 155
  • Posts: 5701
July 8th, 2015 at 1:19:08 PM permalink
Quote: ams288

Based on all the rainbow tinted profile pics that are still on my Facebook feed, I'd say America cares about social issues.

Liberals "need" to quite dragging out the social issues. -No we don't. Liberals win on the social issues. We can drag them out all we want to highlight the bigotry of the candidates on the right.




Again because getting handouts and playing the victim beats talking about debt everyday. Because in the liberal mind everyone deserves to be happy I even if they didn't earn it.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 227
  • Posts: 12420
July 8th, 2015 at 1:44:05 PM permalink
Quote: ams288

Based on all the rainbow tinted profile pics that are still on my Facebook feed, I'd say America cares about social issues.



You need to remember the story of how liberals didn't see how McGovern lost so big because everyone they knew voted for him. My guess is most of your feed is liberal to begun with. The reality is no matter the gay marriage approval numbers, it is mostly the homophile population that cared about it.

Quote:

Liberals "need" to quite dragging out the social issues. -No we don't. Liberals win on the social issues. We can drag them out all we want to highlight the bigotry of the candidates on the right.



Bigot: noun, a person who does not agree with a liberal.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
EvenBob
EvenBob
Joined: Jul 18, 2010
  • Threads: 433
  • Posts: 25308
July 8th, 2015 at 1:47:22 PM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman


Bigot: noun, a person who does not agree with a liberal.



If that's not in the dictionary, it should be.
"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 227
  • Posts: 12420
July 8th, 2015 at 1:55:47 PM permalink
Quote: Twirdman

While that may sadly work because people are swayed by the optics of an illegal immigrant commiting a violent crime and feel something needs to be done the fact of the matter is illegal immigrants are less likely to commit crimes and go to prison than their natural born peers. http://reason.com/archives/2014/09/07/criminal-immigrants or http://www.immigrationpolicy.org/just-facts/anecdotes-evidence-setting-record-straight-immigrants-and-crime-0 . Foreign born people are significantly less likely to be in prison then natural born citizens and deportation doesn't explain the discrepancy. You are free to trot out rhetoric about how all illegal immigrants are violent thugs and rapist, but you should know you will not be borne out with facts.



First of all, illegal immigrants have committed a crime by being here in the first place. Second, for a party that says they want to "make work pay" and all that, why would they encourage millions of low skill workers to come and compete with low skill Americans? No other nation on earth does this. Also, nobody said "all illegal immigrants are rapists." What is being said is why do we want to allow a larger population of low skill people in and keep taxing our public services? Why are we allowing an open border with our number one exporter of illegal drugs? Why on earth do we give handouts to people here illegally?

Go to Mexico. Get a job without a work permit. See what happens. I'll look for you on "Locked Up Abroad" when it hits Netflix.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
ams288
ams288
Joined: Sep 26, 2012
  • Threads: 22
  • Posts: 5461
July 8th, 2015 at 2:35:31 PM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

Bigot: noun, a person who does not agree with a liberal.



On this issue, absolutely.

Many young voters (dem or republican) are instantly turned off by a candidate if they are anti-equality and pro-bigotry. It is an important issue to them. I have no problem with liberals "dragging out" the social issues. The next president will get to appoint a few Supreme Court nominees. Where they stand on social issues is a HUGE deal in that regard. So no, we don't "need to quit dragging out the social issues."
Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
RonC
RonC
Joined: Jan 18, 2010
  • Threads: 40
  • Posts: 4874
July 8th, 2015 at 2:48:57 PM permalink
Quote: Twirdman

While that may sadly work because people are swayed by the optics of an illegal immigrant commiting a violent crime and feel something needs to be done the fact of the matter is illegal immigrants are less likely to commit crimes and go to prison than their natural born peers. http://reason.com/archives/2014/09/07/criminal-immigrants or http://www.immigrationpolicy.org/just-facts/anecdotes-evidence-setting-record-straight-immigrants-and-crime-0 . Foreign born people are significantly less likely to be in prison then natural born citizens and deportation doesn't explain the discrepancy. You are free to trot out rhetoric about how all illegal immigrants are violent thugs and rapist, but you should know you will not be borne out with facts.



MOST illegal aliens come here and try their best to fit into to our society so that we can ignore the fact that they have already violated the law. Every illegal alien who was not brought here against their will has done something wrong. I understand your premise, that a higher percentage of natural born folks commit crimes than illegal aliens, but that ignores the fact that exactly ZERO crimes would be committed here by illegal aliens if they weren't here in the first place.

The recent murder in San Francisco would not have happened if San Francisco had handed that illegal alien over to ICE or whoever; instead, they are a "sanctuary" for illegals and they played "catch and release". It turned out to be deadly for one citizen. Now the mayor and other council folks don't want to talk about their policy.
djatc
djatc
Joined: Jan 15, 2013
  • Threads: 83
  • Posts: 4477
July 8th, 2015 at 4:42:14 PM permalink
Quote: NokTang

So, explain gay divorce to us. (off topic allowed by the OP)



$$$$$ for aceofspades
"Man Babes" #AxelFabulous
TomG
TomG
Joined: Sep 26, 2010
  • Threads: 15
  • Posts: 2344
July 8th, 2015 at 5:47:40 PM permalink
Quote: Boz

Again because getting handouts and playing the victim beats talking about debt everyday. Because in the liberal mind everyone deserves to be happy I even if they didn't earn it.



I used to think our own happiness was determined mostly by the choices we made. Then people started telling me we could never be happy because of the choices George Bush, Barack Obama, and Hillary Clinton were making. If it's between the liberal mind of deserving to be happy or being unhappy because of the things other people do, I'll have to take the liberal side
Aussie
Aussie
Joined: Dec 29, 2009
  • Threads: 12
  • Posts: 414
July 8th, 2015 at 5:54:14 PM permalink
Why is she still referred to as "Secretary Clinton" when she ceased being secretary a few years ago?

  • Jump to: