One of your better posts ^

Edit: meant as a compliment to your last post
$1700, 18, 19, 1920, 40, 60,... :/ Thx 'Do it again'. I'll try
Gabes22
Gabes22
  • Threads: 15
July 11th, 2015 at 12:53:01 PM permalink
Quote: terapined

Foxnews viewers are just so serious and really pissed off at the state of affairs in this country.
They are not happy going into the weekend the flag coming down, gay marriage and Trump sucking the oxygen out of the republican race.
John Stewart viewers laugh at the news. Sure things are not perfect but we can still laugh.
We are going into the weekend with high spirits and happy.

I'd rather be happy and laugh , but that's just me :-)
Enjoy life and laugh.
Vegas in 2 weeks baby, nice vacation after an exhausting weekend in Chicago seeing the Grateful Dead :-)

I wish you would have told me you were gonna be in town for the Dead. While I differ on you with many of my viewpoints. I was around that area for a White Sox game last weeked, I would have bought you a beer
A flute with no holes is not a flute, a donut with no holes is a danish
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 88
July 11th, 2015 at 1:39:18 PM permalink
Quote: Gabes22

I wish you would have told me you were gonna be in town for the Dead. While I differ on you with many of my viewpoints. I was around that area for a White Sox game last weeked, I would have bought you a beer

Sorry I missed you.
You may enjoy this being a resident.

An out of towners Chicago expereience

Stayed by Midway, took the Orange line back and forth.
Unusual mass transit pay system. Cheapest way to travel was to buy debit card, throw some money plus 5 dollar fee , register and you get the 5 back on the card. We were hesitant but the CTA guy convinced us to spend the extra 5. He said go on the internet, enter the card number and you get the 5 back instantly. talked us into it. Sounded easy. Later the day, registered the card to get my 5 back, torture, lots of entries, too many, have to set up an account, then failed, android doesn't quite work. Finally did the process at the hotel computer to get our 5 back.

Closest subway stop to Soldier field is the longest walk I have ever taken in my life from a mass transit stop to a major venue. Being a deadhead and having seen them all over the country, I have been to a ton of different venues. The long walk was actually fun being among thousands of deadhead, but it was a real long walk.

Sunday our last day, ate a restaurant you may be familiar with. Millers Pub on Wabash. We stayed away from any chain all weekend, always ate at a unique Chicago place. We walked buy Millers, we liked what we saw, old Chicago and packed. Waited 30 min for a table. Being the last Grateful Dead show, ordered the most expensive item, surf and turf 32 bucks. Day before, we got off at the Washington Library stop to walk around, just prior to the stop, noticed a rooftop restaurant, had lunch there :-)

I went in with low expectations music wise. Seen them over 100 times. They blew me away, killer shows. Fri nite 7/3 was the bomb, I thought Chicago was going to catch on fire again, it was that hot :-)
WOV supports censorship. Bring back free speech challenging lies.
Gabes22
Gabes22
  • Threads: 15
July 11th, 2015 at 3:29:55 PM permalink
The Orange Line is probably the least utilized of the El lines. You probably would have best been served transferring to the red line downtown. Most trains don't go down by the lakefront. The closest Orange line stop to SF is probably Roosevelt. A lot of Chicago residents don't like the new Ventra system with the CTA, but I take CTA very infrequently as I am in the Burbs. I am glad you had a great time at the show. The #1 thing I fear when seeing older bands is if they have lost a bit, but many of them do know how to put on a good show. If you like little hole in the wall places, and you stay by Midway again, I can give you a few of them that are really fantastic and really cheap. Chicago, like most major cities, you can tell where the good hole in the walls are because they are crawling with cops
A flute with no holes is not a flute, a donut with no holes is a danish
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 434
July 12th, 2015 at 1:57:47 AM permalink

Seen them over 100 times.

Wow, that explains a lot. Say no
more..
"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal
pew
pew
  • Threads: 0
July 12th, 2015 at 6:45:39 AM permalink

Foxnews viewers are just so serious and really pissed off at the state of affairs in this country.
They are not happy going into the weekend the flag coming down, gay marriage and Trump sucking the oxygen out of the republican race.
John Stewart viewers laugh at the news. Sure things are not perfect but we can still laugh.

Enjoy life and laugh.
Vegas in 2 weeks baby, nice vacation after an exhausting weekend in Chicago seeing the Grateful Dead :-)

Is the "daily show" actually a news show? I'm under the impression that Stuart is a comedian regardless of his political views. Doesn't he skewer all sides of the political spectrum? And what about mass killings, wars, plane crashes and such. That's news, but I don,t think it's stuff to laugh about.
bobsims
bobsims
  • Threads: 9
July 12th, 2015 at 7:02:17 AM permalink

Enjoy life and laugh.

Hopefully you and Leibowitz (Stewart) can keep laughing through Citizens United, the unrestricted sales of tens of millions more firearms including assault weapons this year alone and the jailing and executions of thousands of "LGBT" throughout the world. Keep smiling.
Oh and we have breaking news on Trayvon..
He's still dead!
Keep smiling.
terapined
terapined
July 12th, 2015 at 10:02:38 AM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

Wow, that explains a lot. Say no
more..

Ann Coulter has seen them over 60 times, explain that one. Ann Coulter is a deadhead :-)
terapined
terapined
July 12th, 2015 at 10:05:20 AM permalink
Quote: bobsims

Hopefully you and Leibowitz (Stewart) can keep laughing through Citizens United, the unrestricted sales of tens of millions more firearms including assault weapons this year alone and the jailing and executions of thousands of "LGBT" throughout the world. Keep smiling.
Oh and we have breaking news on Trayvon..
He's still dead!
Keep smiling.

I got one vote, l exercize it every 2 years.
There is only so much l can do. Might as well laugh and enjoy life.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 229
July 13th, 2015 at 6:09:55 AM permalink
Hillary Clinton's White Male Voter Problem

Interesting article. Not that anyone needs to explain that most white males hate Hillary. Looks like her camp is in denial for the reasons. "She's a woman" is their reasoning, yet the same males wold probably like Sarah Palin or Carly Fiorina. Goes on to mention that the Democrat Party in general has a white voter problem. Union workers and staunch liberals are pretty much the only white guys who like her, and the union guys like the party, not her.

Democrats threw whites and white males specifically overboard around 2000. They clearly think that by favoring illegal immigration they will win the day for the future. Meantime, Hillary will probably face the reality that despite the abuse he takes at every turn, the white male voter still matters. Time will tell.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others

• Jump to: