Thread Rating:

pew
pew
  • Threads: 0
July 3rd, 2015 at 6:31:46 AM permalink
I find it interesting that other than H. C. the dems have so few people who could seriously run. Like them or not the repubs have a huge number of rising stars with many different views. I like it.
Rigondeaux
Rigondeaux 
  • Threads: 30
July 3rd, 2015 at 7:31:54 AM permalink
I did decide to bet a little on the field vs. Hillary to get the nomination at + 500. It seems to me that there should at least be a chance to hedge that at some point. Much of the liberal base hates her and, I agree with the other posters, she is just not a likeable candidate. She's already 0/1 in these as a huge favorite with all the advantages.

But most of all, I think there needs to be a narrative for the media and at least some kind of show challenge, if not a real one. It's just hard for me to see a non-incumbent cruising through as an 84% favorite the entire time.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 227
July 8th, 2015 at 3:27:01 AM permalink
Hillary opens an astroturf factory!

In a way it is no surprise, her supporters fall into the category of "people want to be told what to do so bad they will listen to anything" so they will lap up and repeat the talking points. I kind of think this will be the usual Hillary, trying to be so "smart" about something she ends up being too smart by half and it backfires in her face. When all supporters say the same thing the media will quickly get bored as will the public.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 86
July 8th, 2015 at 4:47:28 AM permalink
Quote: pew

I find it interesting that other than H. C. the dems have so few people who could seriously run. Like them or not the repubs have a huge number of rising stars with many different views. I like it.

I don't see rising stars on the republican side in relation to leading the entire country. I believe many of those candidates agree with the American people regarding gay marriage. The problem is that they have to disagree with the majority of people and cater to the haters on the far right determined to fight gay marriage. Its the only way to get the nomination. I would like to see a strong republican candidate agree with the people regarding gay marriage , a strong candidate that ignores the small minority of haters. They are all weak, they all cater to the small old minority of gay marriage haters. Majority of young conservatives support gay marriage, the next great republican leader will come out of that group. The current crop, weak , cant agree with the people, cant beat Clinton.

That's why so many are running on the right, all weak, no strong candidate. Its wide open. If there were strong candidates, fewer would run.
"Everybody's bragging and drinking that wine, I can tell the Queen of Diamonds by the way she shines, Come to Daddy on an inside straight, I got no chance of losing this time" -Grateful Dead- "Loser"
NokTang
NokTang
  • Threads: 56
July 8th, 2015 at 5:11:04 AM permalink
So, explain gay divorce to us. (off topic allowed by the OP)
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 86
July 8th, 2015 at 5:51:01 AM permalink
Quote: NokTang

So, explain gay divorce to us. (off topic allowed by the OP)

??, divorce is divorce, happens regardless if gay or hetro. It is considered a sin by ultra conservatives but regardless, whats there to explain?

A friend in the deep south was a batterred woman by her husband. She went to her deeply religious mother for help. The Mom's stance, you married him, you stick with him. We convinced her to leave and divorce. Religious mother will have nothing to do with her divorced daughter, she sinned.
"Everybody's bragging and drinking that wine, I can tell the Queen of Diamonds by the way she shines, Come to Daddy on an inside straight, I got no chance of losing this time" -Grateful Dead- "Loser"
Gabes22
Gabes22
  • Threads: 15
July 8th, 2015 at 6:15:09 AM permalink
Quote: terapined

??, divorce is divorce, happens regardless if gay or hetro. It is considered a sin by ultra conservatives but regardless, whats there to explain?

A friend in the deep south was a batterred woman by her husband. She went to her deeply religious mother for help. The Mom's stance, you married him, you stick with him. We convinced her to leave and divorce. Religious mother will have nothing to do with her divorced daughter, she sinned.

If a mother won't talk to her own daughter because she sinned that on the mother. Every major Christian denomination teaches us from early on that we are all sinners and none of us are perfect human beings. The life of Jesus Christ gives us a template of how to act, but there is also a realization that we will never reach the standard he set
A flute with no holes is not a flute, a donut with no holes is a danish
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 227
July 8th, 2015 at 6:44:11 AM permalink
Quote: terapined

I don't see rising stars on the republican side in relation to leading the entire country. I believe many of those candidates agree with the American people regarding gay marriage. The problem is that they have to disagree with the majority of people and cater to the haters on the far right determined to fight gay marriage. Its the only way to get the nomination. I would like to see a strong republican candidate agree with the people regarding gay marriage , a strong candidate that ignores the small minority of haters. They are all weak, they all cater to the small old minority of gay marriage haters. Majority of young conservatives support gay marriage, the next great republican leader will come out of that group. The current crop, weak , cant agree with the people, cant beat Clinton.

That's why so many are running on the right, all weak, no strong candidate. Its wide open. If there were strong candidates, fewer would run.

What difference does it make? America lost on the gay marriage issue and it will not be changed. Liberals need to quit dragging out the social issues and talk about what America cares about.

Currently it might be liberal support of illegal imigration. As the media reports more crime by illegals not deported people will understand what is going on.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
Boz
Boz
  • Threads: 155
July 8th, 2015 at 7:19:41 AM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

What difference does it make? America lost on the gay marriage issue and it will not be changed. Liberals need to quit dragging out the social issues and talk about what America cares about.

Currently it might be liberal support of illegal imigration. As the media reports more crime by illegals not deported people will understand what is going on.

You are putting too much faith in the voting public. Sadly many don't care about issues and details. It's only about handouts and being victims. Unless the GOP gets off the hard work and personal responsibility bandwagon and starts talking how unfair this country is, they have little chance of winning. The truth hurts but that is America 2015. But we can't give up, you just have to believe common sense will eventually win out.
Twirdman
Twirdman
  • Threads: 0
July 8th, 2015 at 7:29:07 AM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

While that may sadly work because people are swayed by the optics of an illegal immigrant commiting a violent crime and feel something needs to be done the fact of the matter is illegal immigrants are less likely to commit crimes and go to prison than their natural born peers. http://reason.com/archives/2014/09/07/criminal-immigrants or http://www.immigrationpolicy.org/just-facts/anecdotes-evidence-setting-record-straight-immigrants-and-crime-0 . Foreign born people are significantly less likely to be in prison then natural born citizens and deportation doesn't explain the discrepancy. You are free to trot out rhetoric about how all illegal immigrants are violent thugs and rapist, but you should know you will not be borne out with facts.

• Jump to: