Thread Rating:

rdw4potus
rdw4potus
  • Threads: 80
October 23rd, 2012 at 7:00:43 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

This will prove to be true..... Just the beginning part, a TINY part, of Obamacare, was the requirement that docs use Electronic Medical Records, to 'increase efficiency and thus cause the system savings'. Of course, the EMRs have allowed docs and hospitals to bill more efficiently, too, and thus now there is a greater cost to the feds who are sending threatening letters saying they are paying out much more so there must be increased fraud! I can't tell you how many extra boxes I have to check and initial to fulfill new federal 'SCIP" regulations, another minor part in the continuum that is Obamacare....

So, you used to accidentally fail to bill people. The new system helps you not miss billings. You have to fill out extra forms, but you also get extra money. Umm...boohoo?
"So as the clock ticked and the day passed, opportunity met preparation, and luck happened." - Maurice Clarett
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 227
October 23rd, 2012 at 7:07:52 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

For many who have little competance at managing their own lives the more the government controls is good... I am just not in that group....

Glad to have you in the 53%. Who is John Galt?
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 171
October 23rd, 2012 at 8:17:17 PM permalink
Back in reality land.

Quasimodo? Does that name ring a bell?
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
October 23rd, 2012 at 9:48:26 PM permalink
Quote: rxwine

Back in reality land.

So just buy less health insurance and healthcare for yourself if you think you are spending too much. People seem to value health in the USA at a higher level is all this shows.
rxwine
rxwine
October 23rd, 2012 at 10:15:58 PM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

So just buy less health insurance and healthcare for yourself if you think you are spending too much.

That's brilliant.

It's like solving poverty and famine by telling people to spend and eat less.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
October 23rd, 2012 at 10:26:22 PM permalink
Quote: rxwine

That's brilliant.

It's like solving poverty and famine by telling people to spend and eat less.

Not sure where you get that. My point is almost all of us make our own healthcare decisions. If you think it costs too much, don't buy it, use a substitute. Go to a free clinic in the city instead of the private office in the suburbs for example. If enough people do this then the suburban doctor will have to lower his or her rates.

This is not how the lefties want costs lowered, however. They want a control of what the doctor charges. They want a "public option" because somehow the insurance company is not supposed to make a profit.

What is not understood is that profit is not the measure of a man, what matters is how he got it. If he produced it by creating value the it is a token of honor. If you demand his money or service at less than a market rate simply because "you need it" then you are nothing but a looter.

Those that want a "public option" are nothing but looters.
rxwine
rxwine
October 23rd, 2012 at 10:49:42 PM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

Not sure where you get that. My point is almost all of us make our own healthcare decisions. If you think it costs too much, don't buy it, use a substitute. Go to a free clinic in the city instead of the private office in the suburbs for example. If enough people do this then the suburban doctor will have to lower his or her rates.

Oh sure...

Quote:

The researchers found that illness or medical bills contributed to nearly two thirds, or 62 percent, of all bankruptcies in 2007óbefore the major impact of the housing collapse and current economic downturn. Thatís a 50 percent increase over a similar survey in 2001 by the same researchers.

Most of the debtors are middle aged, middle class and have a college level education, and each of them has their own story.

http://news.consumerreports.org/health/2009/06/health-care-bankruptcy-on-rise-medical-debt-medical-bills-how-to-avoid-bankruptcy.html

Also, "Looters" is a term Romney should use for the 47%. Hope he makes an ad for that soon.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 112
October 24th, 2012 at 5:11:18 AM permalink
Quote: rdw4potus

So, you used to accidentally fail to bill people. The new system helps you not miss billings. You have to fill out extra forms, but you also get extra money. Umm...boohoo?

Not me or my group, as anesthesiologists do not get paid more from the government for taking care of sicker patients. But hospitals and internists do! So, yes, many 'secondary' diagnoses were missed when bills were submitted, but now the computer can search the entire record for one instance of the word 'diabetic', and that might result in a larger bill for the hospital.
The joke about the SCIP program's 'extra' money is this... You will get around a 1% bonus on your Medicare collections if you meet all of the requirements. My group of 12 might collect $120,000 from Medicare, so thats about $1200 to be split up. The paperwork required was 1/2 of a secretarial FTE, so pay around $25,000 to get $1,200...... I LOVE Obamacare.....
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 434
November 1st, 2012 at 3:11:35 PM permalink
Here ya go, in Jan 2014 the IRS will be demanding
your healthcare info on your tax form. How about
'none of your F-ing business' for an answer.

http://www.atr.org/new-obamacare-tax-form-mandates-americans-a7285
"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal
rdw4potus
rdw4potus
  • Threads: 80
November 1st, 2012 at 3:17:44 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

Here ya go, in Jan 2014 the IRS will be demanding
your healthcare info on your tax form. How about
'none of your F-ing business' for an answer.

http://www.atr.org/new-obamacare-tax-form-mandates-americans-a7285

Ummm...duh? Part (actually, all) of proving that you have health insurance is, you know...proving that you have health insurance. Did you just realize this now??
"So as the clock ticked and the day passed, opportunity met preparation, and luck happened." - Maurice Clarett

• Jump to: