Thread Rating:

s2dbaker
s2dbaker
Joined: Jun 10, 2010
  • Threads: 51
  • Posts: 3259
October 22nd, 2012 at 6:51:34 PM permalink
Quote: Face

And since when in the name of all that's holy is poison freakin' ivy a "previously existing condition", one which I would had to have had in excess of 3 months to be "previously existing"?

Never had a med insurance issue in my life, this just stuck me as very, very queer (and insanely infuriating)

Obamacare doesn't fully kick in until 2014. I'm hoping to stay insured continuously until then because until then, insurance companies can still $*#& with you. I only wish there was a public option.
Someday, joor goin' to see the name of Googie Gomez in lights and joor goin' to say to joorself, "Was that her?" and then joor goin' to answer to joorself, "That was her!" But you know somethin' mister? I was always her yuss nobody knows it! - Googie Gomez
Face
Administrator
Face
Joined: Dec 27, 2010
  • Threads: 49
  • Posts: 4448
October 22nd, 2012 at 6:56:47 PM permalink
Quote: s2dbaker

Obamacare doesn't fully kick in until 2014. I'm hoping to stay insured continuously until then because until then, insurance companies can still $*#& with you. I only wish there was a public option.



So is that what this is, just Satan an insurance co. jerking me around?
The opinions of this moderator are for entertainment purposes only.
s2dbaker
s2dbaker
Joined: Jun 10, 2010
  • Threads: 51
  • Posts: 3259
October 22nd, 2012 at 7:01:44 PM permalink
Quote: Face

So is that what this is, just Satan an insurance co. jerking me around?

Yes, Insurance companies have the right to deny you coverage in the first six months of the policy for any condition that is because of something other than getting hit by a bus. They will weasel out of paying for anything that isn't the most basic or routine ailment. After six months, you're good to go. When Obamacare fully kicks in, that six months of paying but not getting insurance thing goes away forever.
Someday, joor goin' to see the name of Googie Gomez in lights and joor goin' to say to joorself, "Was that her?" and then joor goin' to answer to joorself, "That was her!" But you know somethin' mister? I was always her yuss nobody knows it! - Googie Gomez
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
Joined: Aug 8, 2010
  • Threads: 112
  • Posts: 8185
October 22nd, 2012 at 7:30:18 PM permalink
Quote: s2dbaker

Quote: Face

So is that what this is, just Satan an insurance co. jerking me around?

Yes, Insurance companies have the right to deny you coverage in the first six months of the policy for any condition that is because of something other than getting hit by a bus. They will weasel out of paying for anything that isn't the most basic or routine ailment. After six months, you're good to go. When Obamacare fully kicks in, that six months of paying but not getting insurance thing goes away forever.



Correct, with the requisite increase in rates. You get what you pay for. I can't wait for the 'public option', and when people are surprised that doc's won't take it....
As I've stated before, if the 'public option' is anything like Medicaid or Medicare, the flood of docs to early retirement will strain an already strained system. Good luck trying to get an appointment with anything other than a 'clinic' with your 'public option' insurance.
s2dbaker
s2dbaker
Joined: Jun 10, 2010
  • Threads: 51
  • Posts: 3259
October 22nd, 2012 at 8:24:54 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

Correct, with the requisite increase in rates. You get what you pay for. I can't wait for the 'public option', and when people are surprised that doc's won't take it....

..And if that happens, people will have the option to go back to private insurance. This is why it is called the public "option". I don't think that your prognostications are even close to reality.
Quote: SOOPOO

As I've stated before, if the 'public option' is anything like Medicaid or Medicare, the flood of docs to early retirement will strain an already strained system. Good luck trying to get an appointment with anything other than a 'clinic' with your 'public option' insurance.

With the public option, you get the option of not taking the public option, then you can go to see all of the retired doctors that you want.
Someday, joor goin' to see the name of Googie Gomez in lights and joor goin' to say to joorself, "Was that her?" and then joor goin' to answer to joorself, "That was her!" But you know somethin' mister? I was always her yuss nobody knows it! - Googie Gomez
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 227
  • Posts: 12481
October 23rd, 2012 at 4:40:51 PM permalink
Quote: s2dbaker

..And if that happens, people will have the option to go back to private insurance. This is why it is called the public "option". I don't think that your prognostications are even close to reality.With the public option, you get the option of not taking the public option, then you can go to see all of the retired doctors that you want.



Hopefully we never see the so called public option. Since when is the government supposed to be competing with private industry?

I wish these supporters of a public option would just pool their money and start a not for profit health coop. Or a mutual ownership where you get a refund of "dirty profits" at he end of the year. Leave my tax dollars out of it.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
EvenBob
EvenBob
Joined: Jul 18, 2010
  • Threads: 434
  • Posts: 25333
October 23rd, 2012 at 4:48:42 PM permalink
Even if Obamacare was ever implemented, the projected
cost is now so high that it would be the biggest FUBAR
in recorded history.
"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
Joined: Aug 8, 2010
  • Threads: 112
  • Posts: 8185
October 23rd, 2012 at 6:42:54 PM permalink
Quote: s2dbaker

..And if that happens, people will have the option to go back to private insurance. This is why it is called the public "option". I don't think that your prognostications are even close to reality.With the public option, you get the option of not taking the public option, then you can go to see all of the retired doctors that you want.



Private insurers will not be able to compete with the artificially price controlled public option. The goal, and, I believe if Obama is re-elected, the result will be the eventual dismantling of the private insurance system and a single payor system will take over, run by the feds. You can't hear 'the savings' that we will all experience when eventually the biggest public insurer, Medicare, is expanded to include all of us. It is the Democrat party way.... the government will do it for you.... For many who have little competance at managing their own lives the more the government controls is good... I am just not in that group....
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
Joined: Aug 8, 2010
  • Threads: 112
  • Posts: 8185
October 23rd, 2012 at 6:48:07 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

Even if Obamacare was ever implemented, the projected
cost is now so high that it would be the biggest FUBAR
in recorded history.



This will prove to be true..... Just the beginning part, a TINY part, of Obamacare, was the requirement that docs use Electronic Medical Records, to 'increase efficiency and thus cause the system savings'. Of course, the EMRs have allowed docs and hospitals to bill more efficiently, too, and thus now there is a greater cost to the feds who are sending threatening letters saying they are paying out much more so there must be increased fraud! I can't tell you how many extra boxes I have to check and initial to fulfill new federal 'SCIP" regulations, another minor part in the continuum that is Obamacare....
EvenBob
EvenBob
Joined: Jul 18, 2010
  • Threads: 434
  • Posts: 25333
October 23rd, 2012 at 6:49:03 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

Private insurers will not be able to compete with the artificially price controlled public option..



Indeed, thats the goal. To so undercut the insurance
companies in price that they all eventually go under
and we're all stuck with crappy care.
"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal

  • Jump to: