Thread Rating:

QFIT
QFIT
  • Threads: 1
Thanks for this post from:
Dieterdarkoz
August 24th, 2021 at 9:02:31 AM permalink
George Burns smoked heavily and lived to 100. The head of the Miami Heart Institute dropped dead of a heart attack at a young age while jogging. That does not mean smoking is better than exercise. Winning does not mean you did something right. Variance exists.
"It is impossible to begin to learn that which one thinks one already knows." -Epictetus
Wellbush
Wellbush
  • Threads: 11
August 24th, 2021 at 9:24:57 AM permalink
Quote: QFIT

George Burns smoked heavily and lived to 100. The head of the Miami Heart Institute dropped dead of a heart attack at a young age while jogging. That does not mean smoking is better than exercise. Winning does not mean you did something right. Variance exists.

i'm happy for you to be confident that the only gambling winners have had variance on their side. personally, i haven't formed that view yet.
All persons reading my posts gamble at their own risk, as I do. I don't ordinarily dispute math. I may dispute math I don't understand, or if I think it's faulty. I am not a conspiracy theorist.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 188
August 24th, 2021 at 9:26:49 AM permalink
Quote: Wellbush

WOV could ban all systems posts. do you think WOV would be bigger and better for it?

No I think ONE copy of any betting system should be here. Why would it be better to keep repeating it more than once?
Fair is fair, if unprovable claims are insisted to be true, one should be able to use unprovable methods of debunking.
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
  • Threads: 211
Thanks for this post from:
BoSox
August 24th, 2021 at 9:33:31 AM permalink
_________

every single mathematician on this planet will tell you that negative expectancy at a house game cannot be overcome by money management (progressions) or by bet selection or by a combination of both

a WOV poster indicating he can do just that has the same amount of credibility as a WOV member posting that he can bench press 1500 pounds 100 times

"believe half of what you see and none of what you hear" - Edgar Allan Poe
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 220
August 24th, 2021 at 9:37:40 AM permalink
In order to save the village, it was necessary to destroy it.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
BoSox
BoSox
  • Threads: 8
August 24th, 2021 at 9:38:30 AM permalink
QFIT, you must be a glutton for punishment.
Last edited by: BoSox on Aug 24, 2021
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 188
August 24th, 2021 at 9:38:34 AM permalink
Quote: lilredrooster

_
a WOV poster indicating he can do just that has the same amount of credibility as a WOV member posting that he can bench press 1500 pounds 100 times

I'm tempted to go to a weight training forum and see how long they would tolerate such a claim there? I could argue that they should as many times as someone wants to claim such things, but that just seems crazy to me.
Fair is fair, if unprovable claims are insisted to be true, one should be able to use unprovable methods of debunking.
ChumpChange
ChumpChange 
  • Threads: 81
August 24th, 2021 at 9:40:31 AM permalink
I just need a +35 unit winning streak before I have a -250 unit losing streak completed.
Wellbush
Wellbush
August 24th, 2021 at 9:46:18 AM permalink
Quote: rxwine

No I think ONE copy of any betting system should be here. Why would it be better to keep repeating it more than once?

well there are many internet dwellers who would love to read about as many betting systems as they could. that's why WOV would be much bigger and better for it. but i accept you're not in that category.
All persons reading my posts gamble at their own risk, as I do. I don't ordinarily dispute math. I may dispute math I don't understand, or if I think it's faulty. I am not a conspiracy theorist.
Wellbush
Wellbush
August 24th, 2021 at 9:49:12 AM permalink
Quote: lilredrooster

_________

every single mathematician on this planet will tell you that negative expectancy at a house game cannot be overcome by money management (progressions) or by bet selection or by a combination of both

i haven't heard this before! amazing!

• Jump to: