Thread Rating:

billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
August 30th, 2023 at 7:22:13 AM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

Quote: EvenBob

Quote: AxelWolf

Did EvenBob ask it to be shut down? If not...there is your answer. EB is and has been complimenting the thread,
link to original post

Of course I've been complimenting it's one of the greatest threads I've ever seen. If it is a parody of one of my threads, which is doubtful, why would I complain about that. Parody is usually complimentary, imitation is a form of flattery.
link to original post

Parody done right is an art form. Fred Rogers supposedly called both Eddie Murphy and Johnny Carson to tell them he thought their parodies were funny. Bush41 loved Dana Carvey, who did the best SNL parody of a POTUS during the run of the series back when it was about actual comedy. Limbaugh used parodies to make points all the time.
link to original post

Rush Limbaugh was the best satirist I've ever encountered. Even now, years after his death, some of the more gullible still think he was serious.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 86
August 30th, 2023 at 9:02:25 AM permalink
Quote: billryan

Rush Limbaugh was the best satirist I've ever encountered. Even now, years after his death, some of the more gullible still think he was serious.

I would put Colin Cowherd in that same category.
At my age, a "Life In Prison" sentence is not much of a deterrent.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
August 30th, 2023 at 9:12:20 AM permalink

Did EvenBob ask it to be shut down? If not...there is your answer. EB is and has been complimenting the thread,
link to original post

Of course I've been complimenting it's one of the greatest threads I've ever seen. If it is a parody of one of my threads, which is doubtful, why would I complain about that. Parody is usually complimentary, imitation is a form of flattery.
link to original post

Parody done right is an art form. Fred Rogers supposedly called both Eddie Murphy and Johnny Carson to tell them he thought their parodies were funny. Bush41 loved Dana Carvey, who did the best SNL parody of a POTUS during the run of the series back when it was about actual comedy. Limbaugh used parodies to make points all the time.
link to original post

link to original post

His best thing was "demonstrating absurdity by being absurd." I doubt he invented doing it, but he perfected doing it.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
  • Threads: 16
Thanked by
TigerWu
August 30th, 2023 at 2:36:11 PM permalink
Quote: gordonm888

Outstanding examples of people who support the MDawg thread.

Perhaps even Hitler would have supported it as well.
Birds of a feather...

Now go cry to the Mods. My ribs are 98% better today and it's time for a break.
link to original post

No one needs to cry to the mods; you've made it this blatant.

3-day suspension for personal insult.
link to original post

After discussion, the "Hitler"* comparison merits more time.

People looking for insight into what will land a poster in hot water can safely assume that comparisons with other genocidal dictators may also lead to suspensions.
May the cards fall in your favor.
TigerWu
TigerWu
  • Threads: 26
August 30th, 2023 at 2:56:15 PM permalink
Quote: Dieter

People looking for insight into what will land a poster in hot water can safely assume that comparisons with other genocidal dictators may also lead to suspensions.

link to original post

What if I compare someone to Stalin, but
only because of how good looking they were when they were younger?
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
August 30th, 2023 at 3:08:19 PM permalink

link to original post

Could we get a list of genocidal dictators that are found offensive. Are Vlad the Impaler and Caligula on that list? They're on the list of worst genocidal dictators of all time, they are not in the top 10 by any means but it wasn't for lack of trying. Also, Hitler is so often referenced these days in the news by certain aspects of the current scene in this country that the name Hitler doesn't quite mean what it used to. You can't hardly go a day now without seeing it in the news.
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
August 30th, 2023 at 4:04:47 PM permalink

link to original post

Could we get a list of genocidal dictators that are found offensive. Are Vlad the Impaler and Caligula on that list? They're on the list of worst genocidal dictators of all time, they are not in the top 10 by any means but it wasn't for lack of trying. Also, Hitler is so often referenced these days in the news by certain aspects of the current scene in this country that the name Hitler doesn't quite mean what it used to. You can't hardly go a day now without seeing it in the news.
link to original post

I put Hitler at 4 or 5 on the bad dictator list. People comparing people to him makes him fall in my rankings.
gordonm888
Administrator
gordonm888
  • Threads: 60
August 30th, 2023 at 4:27:17 PM permalink
I'll admit that there are many rankings on this list that I disagree with

25 Foday Sankoh
24 Charles Taylor
23 Ho Chi Minh
22 Benito Mussolini
21 Ante Pavelic
20 Yahya Khan
19 Idi Amin
18 Mullah Omar
17 Jonas Savimbi
16 Tōjō Hideki
15 Haji Muhammad Suharto
14 Josip Broz Tito
13 Saddam Hussein
12 Jean Kambanda
11 Leonid Brezhnev
10 Yakubu Gowon
9 Michel Micombero
8 Kim Il Sung
7 Pol Pot
6 Ismail Enver
5 Adolf Hitler
4 Jozef Stalin
3 Leopold II of Belgium
2 Augusto Pinochet
1 Mao Ze Dong

Source: https://list25.com/25-leaders-responsible-for-the-worst-genocides-ever-committed/

Another internet list:

10 Ivan the Terrible
9 Vlad the Impaler
8 Idi Amin
7 Saddam Hussein
6 Pol Pot
5 Leopold II
4 Adolf Hitler
3 Joseph Stalin
2 Genghis Khan
1 Mao Zedong

Source: https://owlcation.com/humanities/The-Top-10-Worst-Dictators-in-History
Last edited by: gordonm888 on Aug 30, 2023
So many better men, a few of them friends, are dead. And a thousand thousand slimy things live on, and so do I.
EvenBob
EvenBob
August 30th, 2023 at 4:50:21 PM permalink

25 Foday Sankoh
24 Charles Taylor
23 Ho Chi Minh
22 Benito Mussolini
21 Ante Pavelic
20 Yahya Khan
19 Idi Amin
18 Mullah Omar
17 Jonas Savimbi
16 Tōjō Hideki
15 Haji Muhammad Suharto
14 Josip Broz Tito
13 Saddam Hussein
12 Jean Kambanda
11 Leonid Brezhnev
10 Yakubu Gowon
9 Michel Micombero
8 Kim Il Sung
7 Pol Pot
6 Ismail Enver
5 Adolf Hitler
4 Jozef Stalin
3 Leopold II of Belgium
2 Augusto Pinochet
1 Mao Ze Dong

Source: https://list25.com/25-leaders-responsible-for-the-worst-genocides-ever-committed/

Another internet list:

10 Ivan the Terrible
9 Vlad the Impaler
8 Idi Amin
7 Saddam Hussein
6 Pol Pot
5 Leopold II
4 Adolf Hitler
3 Joseph Stalin
2 Genghis Khan
1 Mao Zedong

link to original post

Vlad the Impaler isn't even on the first list, has names I never even heard of. Vlad belongs on every list, isn't Dracula based on him? The Bram Stoker Dracula, the only one that counts. Ever read that book? One of the scariest books I ever read considering it was written in the 19th century. Just plain creepy Deluxe..
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 86
August 30th, 2023 at 5:43:28 PM permalink

Could we get a list of genocidal dictators that are found offensive. Are Vlad the Impaler and Caligula on that list?

Vlad the Impaler is one of my favorites.
At my age, a "Life In Prison" sentence is not much of a deterrent.
Gandler
Gandler
  • Threads: 35
August 30th, 2023 at 6:06:31 PM permalink

25 Foday Sankoh
24 Charles Taylor
23 Ho Chi Minh
22 Benito Mussolini
21 Ante Pavelic
20 Yahya Khan
19 Idi Amin
18 Mullah Omar
17 Jonas Savimbi
16 Tōjō Hideki
15 Haji Muhammad Suharto
14 Josip Broz Tito
13 Saddam Hussein
12 Jean Kambanda
11 Leonid Brezhnev
10 Yakubu Gowon
9 Michel Micombero
8 Kim Il Sung
7 Pol Pot
6 Ismail Enver
5 Adolf Hitler
4 Jozef Stalin
3 Leopold II of Belgium
2 Augusto Pinochet
1 Mao Ze Dong

Another internet list:

10 Ivan the Terrible
9 Vlad the Impaler
8 Idi Amin
7 Saddam Hussein
6 Pol Pot
5 Leopold II
4 Adolf Hitler
3 Joseph Stalin
2 Genghis Khan
1 Mao Zedong

link to original post

Vlad the Impaler isn't even on the first list, has names I never even heard of. Vlad belongs on every list, isn't Dracula based on him? The Bram Stoker Dracula, the only one that counts. Ever read that book? One of the scariest books I ever read considering it was written in the 19th century. Just plain creepy Deluxe..
link to original post

Dracula is an excellent book, and very terrifying. But, I do not understand the obsession with Vlad the Impaler being terrible. Sure by modern standards he did terrible things (probably things that in 1400s combat were not that uncommon.) And, it can even be argued that he stood up to Ottoman pressure. Stoker knew very little about Vlad the Impaler other than the name and the vague references of vampires in Romanian culture (so whatever disturbs your in Dracula may as well be forgotten about in a debate on who is the most genocidal leader.) I don't think I would even call Vlad genocidal (authoritarian and cruel, yes, but he was not trying to remove a group of people from the world.)

He was in the borderlands of the Ottoman Empire (in kind of a forced vassal state), standing against one of the strongest Empires in history. Not a defense of what he did, but I would guess his options were limited (also had a lot of internal issues on top of this massive external threat.)

https://www.militaryheritage.com/count_dracula_war_on_islam.htm

Even if you buy into all of the talking points against him (some of which are likely Ottoman war propaganda), nothing to the scale of Hitler.
gordonm888
Administrator
gordonm888
August 30th, 2023 at 6:53:10 PM permalink
"How Many People Did Vlad the Impaler Kill?

Despite his military and political achievements, Vlad the Impaler was an incredibly brutal and vicious leader renowned for his extreme cruelty. As his name implies, Vlad III was renowned for his use of extreme torture, with impalement being among his favorite forms of execution. During his rule, approximately 20,000 individuals were killed in this manner and were left on “display” for others to witness their demise. Vlad was also renowned for poisoning the wells of his enemies and for burning crops to ensure starvation ensued. Likewise, other forms of torture and execution were implemented during his reign, including disembowelment, boiling (and skinning) his enemies alive, and beheading individuals for the simplest offenses.

In total, it is currently estimated that Vlad the Impaler was responsible for killing 80,000 to 100,000 people during his time in power. When combined with his extreme disdain for human life, it is easy to see why Vlad III was one of the worst dictators in world history."
So many better men, a few of them friends, are dead. And a thousand thousand slimy things live on, and so do I.
Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
August 30th, 2023 at 7:21:43 PM permalink

link to original post

Could we get a list of genocidal dictators that are found offensive.
link to original post

(Snipped)

I suggest erring on the side of paranoia, and maybe avoid warlords, too.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
August 31st, 2023 at 3:59:08 AM permalink

25 Foday Sankoh
24 Charles Taylor
23 Ho Chi Minh
22 Benito Mussolini
21 Ante Pavelic
20 Yahya Khan
19 Idi Amin
18 Mullah Omar
17 Jonas Savimbi
16 Tōjō Hideki
15 Haji Muhammad Suharto
14 Josip Broz Tito
13 Saddam Hussein
12 Jean Kambanda
11 Leonid Brezhnev
10 Yakubu Gowon
9 Michel Micombero
8 Kim Il Sung
7 Pol Pot
6 Ismail Enver
5 Adolf Hitler
4 Jozef Stalin
3 Leopold II of Belgium
2 Augusto Pinochet
1 Mao Ze Dong

Another internet list:

10 Ivan the Terrible
9 Vlad the Impaler
8 Idi Amin
7 Saddam Hussein
6 Pol Pot
5 Leopold II
4 Adolf Hitler
3 Joseph Stalin
2 Genghis Khan
1 Mao Zedong

link to original post

Average person forgets about Mao and probably because we needed China to harass the USSR. But he exported food while his country was starving. His people would come to your home and take away all your plates and cookware so you had to eat at the communal cafeteria.

Stalin co-started WWII but that gets washed away since he helped fight Hitler. 30 million Russians died. Not to mention his purges and gulags. If you were a Russian male born in 1918 you had something like a 10% chance of reaching age 30.

I think Himmler needs on the list. He is the one who set up the whole death camp system and administered the racial policies of Nazi Germany.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 212
August 31st, 2023 at 4:36:37 AM permalink
Some might be tied in first place with each other, they just couldn't produce the same total numbers. After a certain point of "ultimate badness" it probably didn't make as much difference to the victim. I would probably pick the person who both came up with both the worst forms of torture combined with trying to keep the victims alive as long as possible for first place over total numbers.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
billryan
billryan
August 31st, 2023 at 4:39:54 AM permalink
I'm going to assume Mussolini makes the list for his invasion of Ethiopia, but I have to ask where Queen Victoria is.
Far more Irish, Indians, South Africans, Kenyans, Egyptians, Australian natives and the like perished under her rule than Mussolini managed to slaughter.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 122
August 31st, 2023 at 5:00:36 AM permalink
Suspension list? Let’s talk about mean Axel. Not mean Vlad the Impaler.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
August 31st, 2023 at 5:37:18 AM permalink

I'm going to assume Mussolini makes the list for his invasion of Ethiopia, but I have to ask where Queen Victoria is.
Far more Irish, Indians, South Africans, Kenyans, Egyptians, Australian natives and the like perished under her rule than Mussolini managed to slaughter.
link to original post

I would not put that in the same category. The others were very direct cause and effect. The examples above not as much, more regular war.
TigerWu
TigerWu
August 31st, 2023 at 6:25:28 AM permalink
I don't think Vlad is even remotely top 10. A lot of the people he killed were criminals or war casualties. Definitely a violent and crazy leader, but sooo many dictators were sooo much worse than he was.
rxwine
rxwine
August 31st, 2023 at 6:32:56 AM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

link to original post

Well, I do think Hitler deserves more than a 3 day ban here should he show up. Just my humble opinion.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
August 31st, 2023 at 6:34:39 AM permalink
Quote: rxwine

link to original post

Well, I do think Hitler deserves more than a 3 day ban here should he show up. Just my humble opinion.
link to original post

If he follows the rules what's the issue?
TigerWu
TigerWu
August 31st, 2023 at 6:54:57 AM permalink

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

Remember Rule 0:

Quote:

The administration reserves the right to punish any activity it deems disruptive to the forum, whether against these rules or not.

I would imagine that a genocidal madman showing up to the forum would be disruptive, regardless of how well he was following the rules.
Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
August 31st, 2023 at 7:01:07 AM permalink

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

That sounds like a big if.
I'm guessing problems with rules 12, 5, 18, and 19.
billryan
billryan
August 31st, 2023 at 7:56:06 AM permalink

link to original post

I would not put that in the same category. The others were very direct cause and effect. The examples above not as much, more regular war.
link to original post

You're mistaken, but that isn't much of a surprise. The British government induced famine as policy, killing millions of her "subjects" and forcing the Irish diaspora. She forced her religion on millions and killed thousands for keeping their religion.
All regular war, according to you.
I'm sure blowing up villages of natives armed with spears with modern heavy artillery and machine-gunning peaceful protestors are all just regular warfare.
TigerWu
TigerWu
August 31st, 2023 at 8:08:14 AM permalink
Queen Victoria is not on that list because she was not a dictator. She might be on a list of "world leaders responsible for the deaths of the most people," but I'm not a historian, so I don't know.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
August 31st, 2023 at 8:14:22 AM permalink
Quote: TigerWu

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

Remember Rule 0:

Quote:

The administration reserves the right to punish any activity it deems disruptive to the forum, whether against these rules or not.

I would imagine that a genocidal madman showing up to the forum would be disruptive, regardless of how well he was following the rules.
link to original post

Worse than Jerry Logan? I'd rather have a dictator that follows the rules than a guy like that.
rxwine
rxwine
August 31st, 2023 at 8:22:05 AM permalink
I fear the Fuehrer would start threads yapping about his Martingale strategy. Or how he goes "all-in". And then there'd be all the bragging.
MDawg
MDawg
  • Threads: 40
Thanked by
OnceDear
August 31st, 2023 at 8:41:58 AM permalink
Not to be a party pooper, but just because AxelWolf had the extreme bad taste to compare people to Hitler is no reason to start discussing Wolf or Herr Wolf (those were two of Hitler's self-adopted nicknames, surprised?) in a way that makes light of what he did in history. That was a dark time for German people and I doubt too many of them today look back on that era fondly.
I tell you it’s wonderful to be here, man. I don’t give a damn who wins or loses. It’s just wonderful to be here with you people. https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/gambling/betting-systems/33908-the-adventures-of-mdawg/
billryan
billryan
August 31st, 2023 at 8:48:51 AM permalink

Queen Victoria is not on that list because she was not a dictator. She might be on a list of "world leaders responsible for the deaths of the most people," but I'm not a historian, so I don't know.
link to original post

Ghangis Khan was a dictator?
TigerWu
TigerWu
August 31st, 2023 at 9:02:53 AM permalink

link to original post

link to original post

I don't know. I guess some people argue he was. Victoria was objectively not, though.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
Thanked by
odiousgambit
August 31st, 2023 at 9:41:08 AM permalink

link to original post

link to original post

I don't know. I guess some people argue he was. Victoria was objectively not, though.
link to original post

I thought he was the chef who invented steak tatare?
TigerWu
TigerWu
August 31st, 2023 at 9:54:55 AM permalink

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

I thought he was the chef who invented steak tatare?
link to original post

If that's the case then he's definitely a villain.
darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 297
August 31st, 2023 at 11:08:18 AM permalink
Just for knowledge I have a rare super 8mm film of Donald Duck as Hitler

And yes that is an actual Disney cartoon. Donald dreams himself as Hitler and does all types of terrible things until he finally wakes up.

Donald Duck speaking faux German in his squeaky voice is hilarious.

It was war propaganda from the forties and like Song of the South (zippety doo dah) with its racial issues Disney doesn't distribute that material on home video currently.

(Song of the South however is only anathema in the US. I have a European Bluray. SMH)
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
gordonm888
Administrator
gordonm888
August 31st, 2023 at 11:21:49 AM permalink

link to original post

Then what about Queen Elizabeth? Almost every person on earth who was alive at the beginning of her reign had perished by the end of her reign. During her reign, wars, disease, accidental deaths, starvation, homicides, suicides, natural disasters, old age and obesity wiped out most of the Earth's population that was alive at the start of her reign.

Does anyone believe that modern British queens are personally accountable for whatever happens in the world. Way to point fingers and assign blame to blameless people, perhaps a bit of a super-power?
Gandler
Gandler
  • Threads: 35
August 31st, 2023 at 11:24:45 AM permalink
Quote: darkoz

And yes that is an actual Disney cartoon. Donald dreams himself as Hitler and does all types of terrible things until he finally wakes up.

It was war propaganda from the forties and like Song of the South (zippety doo dah) with its racial issues Disney doesn't distribute that material on home video currently.

(Song of the South however is only anathema in the US. I have a European Bluray. SMH)
link to original post

We had to watch that in U.S. History II in high school. I don't think it was ever meant for home video, it was meant for some warbond program if I recall correctly.
Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
August 31st, 2023 at 11:25:37 AM permalink
Quote: MDawg

Not to be a party pooper, but just because AxelWolf had the extreme bad taste to compare people to Hitler is no reason to start discussing Wolf or Herr Wolf (those were two of Hitler's self-adopted nicknames, surprised?) in a way that makes light of what he did in history. That was a dark time for German people and I doubt too many of them today look back on that era fondly.
link to original post

True that. The people I've met who survived the era looked back fondly on when they escaped, not on what they endured.
tuttigym
tuttigym
  • Threads: 10
August 31st, 2023 at 11:27:21 AM permalink

link to original post

Walt Disney was renown in Hollywood and in other circles for his antisemitism. He was quite the bigot.

tuttigym
EvenBob
EvenBob
August 31st, 2023 at 11:47:36 AM permalink
Quote: tuttigym

link to original post

Walt Disney was renown in Hollywood and in other circles for his antisemitism. He was quite the bigot.

tuttigym
link to original post

He also underpaid and overworked his cartoonists and he was a genuine Royal a-hole to everybody. Likening somebody to Walt Disney is definitely suspension Worthy
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
  • Threads: 232
August 31st, 2023 at 11:48:30 AM permalink

Walt Disney was renown in Hollywood and in other circles for his antisemitism. He was quite the bigot

tuttigym

back in the day Hollywood

if you formed a line of all of the Directors, Producers, Actors and Actresses who were racist and/or anti-semitic:

it would be several blocks long

Please don't feed the trolls
billryan
billryan
August 31st, 2023 at 11:51:14 AM permalink

link to original post

Then what about Queen Elizabeth? Almost every person on earth who was alive at the beginning of her reign had perished by the end of her reign. During her reign, wars, disease, accidental deaths, starvation, homicides, suicides, natural disasters, old age and obesity wiped out most of the Earth's population that was alive at the start of her reign.

Does anyone believe that modern British queens are personally accountable for whatever happens in the world. Way to point fingers and assign blame to blameless people, perhaps a bit of a super-power?
link to original post

Queen Elizabeth reversed centuries of British colonialism, although I'm not sure how much credit she deserves for it.
So we hold all the other people on the list responsible for everything done during their reigns, but we give Victoria a pass?
She's a woman so she can't be inherently evil. A quarter of the Irish population starved to death and a third was forced to flee the country while British nobles seized their fields to grow feed for their cattle. Just the suspicion of being a priest was grounds for summary hanging. She was evil and hopefully is burning in hell along with Hitler, Stalin and the rest of the scum.

An old Irish drinking song.
God's curse upon you, Lord Tryvalyn
May your great Queen Victoria rot in hell
May England and its empire suffer under heaven
for the crimes they committed in Black Forty Seven
darkoz
darkoz
August 31st, 2023 at 11:55:11 AM permalink

link to original post

tuttigym
link to original post

I have learned to separate the artist from the art.

Patricia Hightower was a huge anti-semite but I still enjoy the Mr. RIPLEY serial killer stories and Strangers On A Train.
billryan
billryan
August 31st, 2023 at 11:55:28 AM permalink
Quote: Gandler

link to original post

We had to watch that in U.S. History II in high school. I don't think it was ever meant for home video, it was meant for some warbond program if I recall correctly.
link to original post

I had an old VHS called Disney Goes to War that had a bunch of WW2 propaganda shorts. I'm not sure it was authorized. It was the late 80s.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 122
Thanked by
OnceDear
August 31st, 2023 at 11:59:28 AM permalink
Moderators…. You TWO are encouraging this multi page, multi day hijack! Suspend yourselves! I want to read about someone who broke rule 3 and is in timeout for 3 days, not who killed more people than the other baddies!
TigerWu
TigerWu
August 31st, 2023 at 12:00:45 PM permalink

Queen Elizabeth reversed centuries of British colonialism, although I'm not sure how much credit she deserves for it.
So we hold all the other people on the list responsible for everything done during their reigns, but we give Victoria a pass?
She's a woman so she can't be inherently evil. A quarter of the Irish population starved to death and a third was forced to flee the country while British nobles seized their fields to grow feed for their cattle. Just the suspicion of being a priest was grounds for summary hanging. She was evil and hopefully is burning in hell along with Hitler, Stalin and the rest of the scum.
link to original post

Assuming that's all true she still wasn't a dictator.
billryan
billryan
August 31st, 2023 at 12:09:16 PM permalink

link to original post

link to original post

Why? Perhaps you can give us your definition of a dictator?
billryan
billryan
August 31st, 2023 at 12:09:18 PM permalink

link to original post

link to original post

TigerWu
TigerWu
August 31st, 2023 at 12:24:11 PM permalink

link to original post

Dictator

Queen Victoria was a constitutional monarch.
MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 364
August 31st, 2023 at 12:44:36 PM permalink

A quarter of the Irish population starved to death and a third was forced to flee the country while British nobles seized their fields to grow feed for their cattle. Just the suspicion of being a priest was grounds for summary hanging. She was evil and hopefully is burning in hell along with Hitler, Stalin and the rest of the scum.

That's the way things were.

A bunch of drunks vs. a bunch of merchants.
"What, me worry?"
darkoz
darkoz
August 31st, 2023 at 12:56:54 PM permalink

Moderators…. You TWO are encouraging this multi page, multi day hijack! Suspend yourselves! I want to read about someone who broke rule 3 and is in timeout for 3 days, not who killed more people than the other baddies!
link to original post

You are correct.

So back on track.

AxelWolf is on suspension

For likening someone to Hitler.

Who may be the worst dictator in history.

Damn, back on that subject hijack and I didn't even finish the post.
TigerWu
TigerWu
August 31st, 2023 at 1:13:28 PM permalink
One thing I don't like about suspensions here is that you can't message anyone while you're suspended, not even the mods. Is that normal for forums? I'm barely a forum person anymore so I don't know....
  • Jump to: