Thread Rating:

RonC
RonC
  • Threads: 40
June 10th, 2016 at 3:33:41 PM permalink
Quote: gamerfreak

I read a lot here but don't post much. It seems like when I look at older threads, a huge amount of the most helpful posts are from people who are suspended after 2k+ posts. Not saying these people didn't do anything to get suspended, it's just kind of unusual compared to other forums I've spend time on.

Case in point

https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/general/17488-how-do-you-make-money-in-horse-racing/

or

https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/gambling/slots/18030-must-hit-by-progressives-for-dummies/

Some very helpful people who were great posters have gone off the rails and gotten kicked out of here...some of them pushed the wrong buttons, some of them have been (in my opinion) wrongfully dismissed, some have been (again, IMO) railroaded by others, etc...and the sum of their departures has led to a board that is less interesting than when I arrived here. Still some great info and decent conversation here, but not as much as before...
TwoFeathersATL
TwoFeathersATL
  • Threads: 37
June 13th, 2016 at 11:56:16 AM permalink
I tought I saw a puttey cat.
Or a suspension.
Just looked at the 'list', no update.
No chatter here either.
Where is 1BB when I need him ?
Youuuuuu MIGHT be a 'rascal' if.......(nevermind ;-)...2F
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1493
Thanked by
onenickelmiracle
June 13th, 2016 at 2:54:42 PM permalink
I'd like to make an apology to Boz. In this post I initially wrote something to the effect that I hoped he wouldn't return after his suspension. About a half hour later I regretted it and edited it out. While I still feel the suspension was deserved, that remark was not. It was said out of anger, which is a good time to keep your mouth shut and fingers away from the keyboard.

So, Boz, I apologize. You're welcome back.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
TwoFeathersATL
TwoFeathersATL
June 14th, 2016 at 7:39:46 AM permalink
Boz has stated that he want be back as a 'poster'.
I think he too spoke/typed in a moment of anger.
Hopefully he will change his mind.
I liked your apology, good job.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1493
June 14th, 2016 at 10:22:01 AM permalink
Quote: TwoFeathersATL

I liked your apology, good job.

Thank you.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
Wizardofnothing
Wizardofnothing
  • Threads: 121
June 14th, 2016 at 10:27:52 AM permalink
Hopefully box comes back, I always respected him.
I know this is off topic but maybe we should have a subsection that was private and after 6 months and 250 posts you could view it?
No longer hiring, don’t ask because I won’t hire you either
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
June 17th, 2016 at 10:03:55 PM permalink
I hope Boz returns as well.

On another subject, after the 7 day HeySlick got on Sunday, he went to DT and posted this: Replying to ams288.

Quote: heyslick

I don't crawl anywhere - my fingers do it for me --- I'm hoping she'll ban me peramantely, i.e. since I told her where to go. I sure wish I could meet you face-to-face, just to see if your brave enough to back up your discussing & cowardly rhetoric.

I have granted his wish to be banned.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
Wizardofnothing
Wizardofnothing
June 17th, 2016 at 10:20:40 PM permalink
Not that I object, heck I'm not even on that board- however is it normal to ban people on here for what they say over there?
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
June 17th, 2016 at 10:27:32 PM permalink
Quote: Wizardofnothing

Not that I object, heck I'm not even on that board- however is it normal to ban people on here for what they say over there?

No.
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
June 17th, 2016 at 10:42:25 PM permalink
What's DT?
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
rsactuary
rsactuary
  • Threads: 29
June 17th, 2016 at 10:49:45 PM permalink
He should be banned for his bad grammar alone. It's a shame what education is in this country now.
tringlomane
tringlomane
  • Threads: 8
June 17th, 2016 at 11:03:59 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

What's DT?

Diversity Tomorrow, a non-gambling offshoot of this forum. For awhile, Wizard really tried to drive non-gambling discussion there.
whodat
whodat
  • Threads: 7
June 18th, 2016 at 7:24:58 AM permalink
Quote: rsactuary

He should be banned for his bad grammar alone. It's a shame what education is in this country now.

I hope that this is a joke. There are people on the forum who are from another country who do not have the same grasp of the English language as us "educated" people.
whodat
whodat
  • Threads: 7
June 18th, 2016 at 7:36:32 AM permalink

What's with the quick trigger? The offense is not even on this board.
RonC
RonC
June 18th, 2016 at 8:29:36 AM permalink
Quote: rsactuary

Some people have said that bringing up grammar in a discussion means that a person doesn't have a valid argument and need to reach for something else.

I am sure I have been the "grammar police" at one time or another, but questioning someone's education based on grammar alone is a poor indicator of education. I know some highly educated fools who write really well but never think of anything for themselves and others who can't write worth two cents but have great thoughts and ideas. I get the grammar issue if you are hiring someone, but who really cares on an internet board?
RonC
RonC
June 18th, 2016 at 8:31:54 AM permalink
Quote: whodat

What's with the quick trigger? The offense is not even on this board.

I'm not sure how all of the rules are applied now that some folks have itchy trigger fingers (why can't they all be as even-tempered as Face?) but it used to be that being banned one board meant you were banned on the other. I actually had to ask to be suspended and released on DT when I was suspended here; the mods don't really do a great job of doing both, if that rule is still in effect.
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
  • Threads: 68
June 18th, 2016 at 10:13:09 AM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

I hope Boz returns as well.

On another subject, after the 7 day HeySlick got on Sunday, he went to DT and posted this: Replying to ams288.

I have granted his wish to be banned.

So he asked to be banned? If so, then the critics should shut their pie holes.
DUHHIIIIIIIII HEARD THAT!
ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 22
June 18th, 2016 at 10:34:49 AM permalink
Quote: Ibeatyouraces

Yeah. He threatened me on DT. Then said he hoped BBB would ban him on here.

It's an open and shut case.

He can go join the crybaby losers at GF.
Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
RonC
RonC
June 18th, 2016 at 10:35:40 AM permalink

Yes, asking to be banned usually results in being banned. It is hard to be offended that someone carried out a request from a user.
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
June 18th, 2016 at 10:39:28 AM permalink
I get a kick out of these people that ASK for this, but yet come here every day and see what's going on. I think we need a forum psychiatrist.
onalinehorse
onalinehorse
  • Threads: 1
June 18th, 2016 at 11:16:35 AM permalink

I get a kick out of these people that ASK for this, but yet come here every day and see what's going on. I think we need a forum psychiatrist.

We used to have one. The late Jacob Kevorkian.
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
June 18th, 2016 at 12:04:44 PM permalink
Quote: ams288

I'll chip in for their wine. Who's getting their cheese? Piss on them and what they think there.
TwoFeathersATL
TwoFeathersATL
June 18th, 2016 at 12:17:14 PM permalink
Not that anyone cares, but I hated to see HeySlick Suspended, and see him banned.
He sounded often like an angry straight white man.
I tolerate angry black men, angry gay men, angry just about everything else.
Saw no reason not to tolerate him.
sammydv
sammydv
  • Threads: 9
June 19th, 2016 at 4:55:25 PM permalink

And this as well...

Quote: RonC

Yes, asking to be banned usually results in being banned. It is hard to be offended that someone carried out a request from a user.

Seriously, so you all are just totally ignoring the fact that whatever he said was on a completely, unrelated website AND an admin themselves SAID you normally aren't banned for outsite posting.

There are some serious issues on this site. The wrong members are being banned.

And a admin actually answered that people shouldn't be banned because of what they say on another completely different website...yet it was done.

[t]June 18th, 2016 at 1:27:32 AM

No.
sammydv
sammydv
June 19th, 2016 at 4:57:52 PM permalink

I'm not sure how all of the rules are applied now that some folks have itchy trigger fingers (why can't they all be as even-tempered as Face?) but it used to be that being banned one board meant you were banned on the other. I actually had to ask to be suspended and released on DT when I was suspended here; the mods don't really do a great job of doing both, if that rule is still in effect.

I believe we're talking 2 different websites. Not 2 different boards of this website...correct?
ams288
ams288
June 19th, 2016 at 5:03:35 PM permalink
Quote: sammydv

And this as well...

Seriously, so you all are just totally ignoring the fact that whatever he said was on a completely, unrelated website AND an admin themselves SAID you normally aren't banned for outsite posting.

And a admin actually answered that people shouldn't be banned because of what they say on another completely different website...yet it was done.

No.

DT is an offshoot of these boards. I wouldn't say it's a "completely different site."

If you want to read any more rantings from HeySlick, I'm sure he'll be joining the virgins living in their mom's basements over at GF very soon...
sammydv
sammydv
June 19th, 2016 at 7:34:55 PM permalink
No, it's a completely different website, regardless how it started. It's no longer some sort of off shoot.
They don't share IP's or anything else.

How come I see no way of reporting peoples personal attacks?
RonC
RonC
June 19th, 2016 at 7:54:35 PM permalink

No, it's a completely different website, regardless how it started. It's no longer some sort of off shoot.
They don't share IP's or anything else.

How come I see no way of reporting peoples personal attacks?

If the Wizard and some other mods here are mods over there, then it is managed by many of the same people in spite of ownership. Protest to the owner of either board if you have an issue,

If you feel personally insulted, you can say so here and usually a mod will noticed and decided what to do about it, Sometimes one mod will decide the other is wrong and ban someone who the first mod let go with a warning. I think that is cheesy, but whatever... If you want to report the insult privately, PM a mod,

What would you like--an insult report form?

There are too many thin-skinned folks looking for personal insults all the time (IMO).
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
June 19th, 2016 at 9:24:40 PM permalink

And this as well...

No.

You're skewing what I said, here. HeySlick could have said whatever over there, and I wouldn't have banned him. If he hadn't ASKED to be banned, only he knows why he did, he'd be back today, one week after his departure.

Maybe it's a point of pride to get banned here? Are we the El Cortez of gambling forums? I don't know why he wanted it, but there are several other self-banned people over the past couple of years, maybe a dozen or so. Not that unusual a request. But not taken lightly, either.
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
June 19th, 2016 at 9:51:31 PM permalink
Can one request to be unbanned?
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
mcallister3200
mcallister3200
  • Threads: 17
June 20th, 2016 at 12:31:20 AM permalink
If they were banned without cause by their request, I believe so (AoS comes to mind.) HeySlick made some brutal hate speech comments that in and of themselves were cause for nuking, the mods did him a favor on that one and just locked the thread with a warning that people have been nuked for less
RonC
RonC
June 20th, 2016 at 1:03:24 AM permalink

Since I pay so little attention to Dead Thread (DT), I did not recall that the sale of WoV led Wizard to announce that linking of suspensions was no longer the policy. My apologies for not remembering that, but I find DT very forgettable overall.

However, if you go to a board that is forever linked to this board (even if ownership has changed, the same people are there...just not as many) and raise a ruckus about this board and ask to be suspended/banned, why would you expect to be welcomed back here? HeySlick would have been just fine if he would have just served his suspension and been done with it.
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
June 20th, 2016 at 3:03:57 AM permalink
Quote: billryan

Can one request to be unbanned?

Of course. I reckon Alan, Ahigh, and others (those are the only 2 that come to mind) have asked to be banned, and they all are able to come back, after at least 30 (or 31?) days.
TwoFeathersATL
TwoFeathersATL
June 20th, 2016 at 6:12:27 AM permalink
Quote: TwoFeathersATL

Not that anyone cares, but I hated to see HeySlick Suspended, and see him banned.
He sounded often like an angry straight white man.
I tolerate angry black men, angry gay men, angry just about everything else.
Saw no reason not to tolerate him.

I meant to have angry feminists in that list of the 'tolerated ;-)

And in the news today, Buz has bowed out once again. Bye buddy.
Last edited by: TwoFeathersATL on Jun 20, 2016
Wizardofnothing
Wizardofnothing
June 20th, 2016 at 11:31:52 AM permalink
Been reading about buzz- why do people like him so much
DrawingDead
DrawingDead
June 20th, 2016 at 12:17:44 PM permalink
Quote:

why do people like him so much

Ah, so much. Both of them?

Quote: https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/general/22041-we-should-allow-buzzard-back/

POLL

Buzzard should be permanently banned (75.47%)
Bring Buzzard back (24.52%)

Quote:

CLUE (noun)
1. A sign or information helping to find the answer to a question, problem, or mystery.

Suck dope, watch TV, make up stuff, be somebody on the internet.
TwoFeathersATL
TwoFeathersATL
June 20th, 2016 at 3:05:53 PM permalink

Been reading about buzz- why do people like him so much

Long game.
1st clue, he sounds nothing like WoN ;-), on any forum.....
sammydv
sammydv
June 20th, 2016 at 8:26:51 PM permalink

If the Wizard and some other mods here are mods over there, then it is managed by many of the same people in spite of ownership. Protest to the owner of either board if you have an issue,

If you feel personally insulted, you can say so here and usually a mod will noticed and decided what to do about it, Sometimes one mod will decide the other is wrong and ban someone who the first mod let go with a warning. I think that is cheesy, but whatever... If you want to report the insult privately, PM a mod,

What would you like--an insult report form?

There are too many thin-skinned folks looking for personal insults all the time (IMO).

It doesn't look like anyone is a mod over there that is related here. And I don't need a form, just a link in the message field to report someone for personal attacks. One of the people I'd report is obviously a mod or protected by the wov mods, so that wouldn't work. The alias has free reign in totality on wov.
sammydv
sammydv
June 20th, 2016 at 8:35:04 PM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

And this as well...

No.

You're skewing what I said, here. HeySlick could have said whatever over there, and I wouldn't have banned him. If he hadn't ASKED to be banned, only he knows why he did, he'd be back today, one week after his departure.

Maybe it's a point of pride to get banned here? Are we the El Cortez of gambling forums? I don't know why he wanted it, but there are several other self-banned people over the past couple of years, maybe a dozen or so. Not that unusual a request. But not taken lightly, either.

That doesn't seem the way it went down. By any perceptible angle, it looked like a figure of speech. And why would someone over here think somebody from another part of the internet, makes a crack about being banned and it's some sort of rule HERE? Would you ban ams288 because someone over on another forum says he's anti-social and should be banned? It's the same isn't? Both are figures of speech basically.
IDK.
RonC
RonC
June 20th, 2016 at 11:48:57 PM permalink

It doesn't look like anyone is a mod over there that is related here. And I don't need a form, just a link in the message field to report someone for personal attacks. One of the people I'd report is obviously a mod or protected by the wov mods, so that wouldn't work. The alias has free reign in totality on wov.

It took me less than a minute to see that Face, a mod here, is listed as a recent visitor there. His name is in green, which means that he is a mod. I don't know who all the mods there are, but at least three who are mods on both.

You can report someone to a mod by PM; don't expect them to redesign the board so that everyone can report everything. The mods also look for things like insults here and you can complain about it in posts here and it may get noticed.

Go to the owner of each board if you have a problem with the mods.

If someone truly is "protected"...well, it doesn't matter if you report them or not. There is a person on one of the boards who has started issues in the past and gotten away with a lot; if no one does anything about it, you just have to shrug it off and decide whether to stay or not.
AxelWolf
AxelWolf
  • Threads: 164
June 21st, 2016 at 1:46:58 AM permalink

It took me less than a minute to see that Face, a mod here, is listed as a recent visitor there. His name is in green, which means that he is a mod. I don't know who all the mods there are, but at least three who are mods on both.

You can report someone to a mod by PM; don't expect them to redesign the board so that everyone can report everything. The mods also look for things like insults here and you can complain about it in posts here and it may get noticed.

Go to the owner of each board if you have a problem with the mods.

If someone truly is "protected"...well, it doesn't matter if you report them or not. There is a person on one of the boards who has started issues in the past and gotten away with a lot; if no one does anything about it, you just have to shrug it off and decide whether to stay or not.

Yes face in a member at GF and has commented on the WOVisdying thread.
♪♪Now you swear and kick and beg us That you're not a gamblin' man Then you find you're back in Vegas With a handle in your hand♪♪ Your black cards can make you money So you hide them when you're able In the land of casinos and money You must put them on the table♪♪ You go back Jack do it again roulette wheels turinin' 'round and 'round♪♪ You go back Jack do it again♪♪
Puckerbutt
Puckerbutt
  • Threads: 1
June 21st, 2016 at 2:22:21 AM permalink
Quote: AxelWolf

Yes face in a member at GF and has commented on the WOVisdying thread.

RonC is referring to DT - not GF.
If'n I'd a knowed you wanted to have went with me - I'd a seen that you got to get to go.
RonC
RonC
June 21st, 2016 at 6:29:26 AM permalink
Quote: Puckerbutt

RonC is referring to DT - not GF.

GF does not really have many rules from what I have seen. It is mostly a train wreck of former members that were banned here. Some of them appear to be people that I kind of liked when they were here. Most of the banned former members can't reconcile why they were banned and any actions on their part; they live in a world different from most of us. I joined, thought about posting, then realized it was not worth it. I am limiting my internet forum presence more and more; why post on a board that has very little gambling content that appears to get the most traffic talking about this board?

I'm sure the main contributors over there will have something negative to say about this post and me--they seem to get some weird joy out of calling people here names. Some kind of internet bully thing they enjoy.....

DT is an offshoot of this forum. It was not sold, and still belongs to the Wizard as far as I know. The two boards have a lot of common members but DT has very little traffic. They used to also be linked to this one as far as suspensions and other things. Less so now, but you still can't go over there and talk crap about this board...or ask to be ejected...and expect nothing to happen.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
June 21st, 2016 at 10:22:58 AM permalink

WoV was sold along with Wizard of Odds and several others, but Diversitytomorrow.com was not part of that package.

Wizard, Mission146, and Face are moderators of both. I am a moderator here, along with Zuga, who is the owner's chief representative in this forum. There are site admins who have moderator status shown on both as well, but generally do not work content.

Not sure what issues a person who's been a member for 3 months really has with events of over a year ago, or why you seem determined to make some, but the avenues for you to pursue them are pretty much as RonC outlined them.
sammydv
sammydv
June 21st, 2016 at 10:25:26 AM permalink
I was referring to gf. I don't know what dt is.
Didn't that person make the comments on GF? If on dt then my contentions may be wrong.
If it was gf, then this forum does have issues. But even using the 'affiliated' excuse is still one of the more bizarre banning's I've seen. But it's your sandbox.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
June 21st, 2016 at 10:40:05 AM permalink

Didn't that person make the comments on GF? If on dt then my contentions may be wrong.
If it was gf, then this forum does have issues. But even using the 'affiliated' excuse is still one of the more bizarre banning's I've seen. But it's your sandbox.

Gf has nothing whatsoever to do with this forum, administratively. I have not, and would not, take action based on any comments from there.

The comments were made on diversitytomorrow.com, the "sister site" to this one owned by the Wizard, where I am a member. The Wizard banned HeySlick for his comments there, especially for threatening another member.

I believe your contentions are, in fact, wrong, and you are correct in recognizing the possibility. I hope this clears up any misunderstanding.
ams288
ams288
June 21st, 2016 at 11:18:53 AM permalink

I was just browsing that GF thread for kicks, and they seem to be self-destructing over there. It is quite entertaining.

LittlePeen9 got himself banned, in a very similar circumstance to how Beethoven got banned from these boards..... hmmmmmm.... ;)
Face
Administrator
Face
  • Threads: 49
June 21st, 2016 at 11:48:23 AM permalink

GF does not really have many rules from what I have seen. It is mostly a train wreck of former members that were banned here. Some of them appear to be people that I kind of liked when they were here. Most of the banned former members can't reconcile why they were banned and any actions on their part; they live in a world different from most of us. I joined, thought about posting, then realized it was not worth it. I am limiting my internet forum presence more and more; why post on a board that has very little gambling content that appears to get the most traffic talking about this board?

Someone was just wishing we brought all members back, perhaps in their own little area. Apparently the gods heard their wish and did them one better =)
The opinions of this moderator are for entertainment purposes only.
TwoFeathersATL
TwoFeathersATL
June 21st, 2016 at 1:43:47 PM permalink
Cute Face,
I like it ;-)
AxelWolf
AxelWolf
  • Threads: 164
June 21st, 2016 at 2:23:32 PM permalink

I was just browsing that GF thread for kicks, and they seem to be self-destructing over there. It is quite entertaining.

LittlePeen9 got himself banned, in a very similar circumstance to how Beethoven got banned from these boards..... hmmmmmm.... ;)

I certainly hope it's not B9 I haven't taken the time to read most of what LP9 says, I just skim and see the the derogatory crap and move on. IMO B9 was actually clever and funny at times and i agreed with some of his views , I liked him. I dont think him and some others (mostly BBB) got along well. I can't remember if B9 was a card counter/ AP or not?

Exactly why did LP9 get the ban? I assumed it was because he had a sockpuppet(s) account.

I noticed one of them guys uses a bunch of ....................... when they post. I think it's a sockpuppet account and they use that elaborate unusual style to cover their normal writing style.

It seems a bit strange and I could be somewhat wrong, but if you go back and look at the times 2 or 3 characters of that site post and respond to each other, it seem to sync up. Perhaps they all have the same casino, travel and work schedules and even vacation at the same times.
♪♪Now you swear and kick and beg us That you're not a gamblin' man Then you find you're back in Vegas With a handle in your hand♪♪ Your black cards can make you money So you hide them when you're able In the land of casinos and money You must put them on the table♪♪ You go back Jack do it again roulette wheels turinin' 'round and 'round♪♪ You go back Jack do it again♪♪
  • Jump to: