3 votes (12%)
4 votes (16%)

25 members have voted

WatchMeWin
WatchMeWin
  • Threads: 105
February 3rd, 2018 at 7:20:18 AM permalink
A good hedge bet if u like the patriots is taking :

Eagles if you can still find +5 for (say 1000)
Pats to win 1-6 pts at 3-1 for 500
Pats to win 712 pts at 4-1 for 500

You can do the math... the only way to lose is if pays smoke them by 13 or more. .you can also middle n win both on pats win by up to 4.
'Winners hit n run... Losers stick around'
Mosca
Mosca
  • Threads: 191
February 3rd, 2018 at 8:16:28 AM permalink
I don't bet sports for a number of reasons. But I have a good feeling about the Eagles. I think they can limit the Pats' offense. Eagles and under.
A falling knife has no handle.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1493
February 3rd, 2018 at 9:03:08 AM permalink
I'm having a hard time finding good prices on the bridge jumpers. The norm seems to:

No safety: -900
No overtime: -1000
No two-point conversion: -300

These are still good bets but I was hoping to see better numbers. My point being that it looks like you can't be as picky this year as last year. Personally, I'm going to do a last round of betting a couple hours before the game and take what I can get.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
IndyJeffrey
IndyJeffrey
  • Threads: 13
February 3rd, 2018 at 9:15:23 AM permalink
Quote: Wizard

The norm seems to:

I heard the traditional number for No safety is -1400. What are the historical numbers for the other two?
FinsRule
FinsRule
  • Threads: 128
February 3rd, 2018 at 9:29:14 AM permalink
Quote: Wizard

I'm having a hard time finding good prices on the bridge jumpers. The norm seems to:

These are still good bets but I was hoping to see better numbers. My point being that it looks like you can't be as picky this year as last year. Personally, I'm going to do a last round of betting a couple hours before the game and take what I can get.

I'm assuming it's "no successful two-point conversion"? Not just "no two-point conversion attempt"? I like that bet the most out of the 3.
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 93
February 3rd, 2018 at 9:30:39 AM permalink
Ut oh pink has the flu but says she will still sing the anthem. I wonder what that will do to the time. My guess is slow it down as it may take more effort to hit notes.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
FinsRule
FinsRule
  • Threads: 128
February 3rd, 2018 at 9:32:54 AM permalink
I think it'll speed it up so she can go throw up quicker.
WatchMeWin
WatchMeWin
February 3rd, 2018 at 11:58:17 AM permalink
Pink is fro philly. Philly has huge numbee gamblers. The insiders to pink's peeps know wassup. Im on it!
DrawingDead
DrawingDead
  • Threads: 9
February 3rd, 2018 at 7:08:46 PM permalink
[ x ] Heads.

This year the sharps are definitely on heads, so better get down on it before the late flood of smart money moves the line.
Suck dope, watch TV, make up stuff, be somebody on the internet.
Rigondeaux
Rigondeaux
  • Threads: 30
February 3rd, 2018 at 7:23:02 PM permalink
Brady under 25 completions is prob still +170 at the nugget. Feel like I'm wasting my breath though.
mcallister3200
mcallister3200
  • Threads: 17
February 3rd, 2018 at 7:41:45 PM permalink
Quote: Rigondeaux

Brady under 25 completions is prob still +170 at the nugget. Feel like I'm wasting my breath though.

Still is. They balked at a $500 bet without players card though wtf.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
February 3rd, 2018 at 9:13:38 PM permalink
As of about 5:00 PM today Stations had no safety at -800 and no overtime at -900. I passed. Hopefully will see better tomorrow.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
February 3rd, 2018 at 9:34:28 PM permalink
The last minute action today slightly favored the Patriots. Some places yesterday had moved the spread to +4 on the Eagles and some had +4.5 -115 or -120. Now everybody is on +4.5 and at some you have to lay -115 on the Patriots side. The -170 money line I got on the Pats yesterday is long gone. It ranges from -180 to -200 now.

If I don't post before the game tomorrow, enjoy and may the odds be ever in your favor.
djatc
djatc
  • Threads: 83
February 3rd, 2018 at 10:36:31 PM permalink
You know what the crazy thing is, with all these prop bets I really don't care who wins.
"Man Babes" #AxelFabulous
ahiromu
ahiromu
  • Threads: 112
February 3rd, 2018 at 11:05:46 PM permalink
Sigh. Westgate moved the point total to 49 (I want the under) - but their Pats ML is -200. All I want is under 49 & -180, but it seems like that may be asking for too much.

Question: Has anyone seen the first quarter point total at 10? Everyone seems to be -9.5 with the under paying even money or more.
Its - Possessive; It's - "It is" / "It has"; There - Location; Their - Possessive; They're - "They are"
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
February 4th, 2018 at 12:11:41 AM permalink
Quote: djatc

You know what the crazy thing is, with all these prop bets I really don't care who wins.

Two teams I hate, so I bet OT, 2Pt conversion, Safety, and passes by more than two players . Might throw in a defensive TD bet just to get action on every play.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
NokTang
NokTang
  • Threads: 56
February 4th, 2018 at 5:41:44 AM permalink
Quote: billryan

and passes by more than two players . .

Can't get a grip on this prop. Is an "illegal" forward pass considered a "pass" by said player? i.e. on a trick play during a kick return or a last second bunch of laterals and "illegal forward pass".?????
NokTang
NokTang
  • Threads: 56
February 4th, 2018 at 5:43:53 AM permalink
Quote: mcallister3200

Still is. They balked at a $500 bet without players card though wtf.

WTF is right...What's happened to that place? Worried about a $500.usd wager?
Mission146
Mission146
  • Threads: 142
February 4th, 2018 at 6:59:55 AM permalink
Quote: NokTang

Can't get a grip on this prop. Is an "illegal" forward pass considered a "pass" by said player? i.e. on a trick play during a kick return or a last second bunch of laterals and "illegal forward pass".?????

They usually resolve bets, per my understanding, by the end of the game stat lines. An illegal forward pass, therefore, would not constitute a completed pass. Because of that, statistically speaking, it would be as though no pass were attempted. If you throw an illegal forward pass (and that is your only throw of the game) you are not credited as a passer.
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/gripes/11182-pet-peeves/120/#post815219
WatchMeWin
WatchMeWin
February 4th, 2018 at 8:53:06 AM permalink
I know the PC talk for the Eagles is that the underdog status is not a factor because they don't need additional motivation... But we are all humans and it definitely does give extra motivation.

Now the Eagles just got snubbed again with no love for Wentz for MVP and Pedrson for coach of the year. I can tell you this, that locker room is extra motivated and they are going to make a statement today! #LOVEMYTEASEREVENMORE
Mission146
Mission146
February 4th, 2018 at 9:05:29 AM permalink
Quote: WatchMeWin

I know the PC talk for the Eagles is that the underdog status is not a factor because they don't need additional motivation... But we are all humans and it definitely does give extra motivation.

Now the Eagles just got snubbed again with no love for Wentz for MVP and Pedrson for coach of the year. I can tell you this, that locker room is extra motivated and they are going to make a statement today! #LOVEMYTEASEREVENMORE

I think the right coach got it for CotY. From 4-12 to 11-5 in one season, the only thing you can hold against him is getting it handed to him by the Falcons (at home) in the WildCard. Although, in fairness, they were the defending NFC Champions.

Of course, if you ask Jeff Smells Like Fish(er), he's not getting his due accolades for building the team. That takes some gall to say. Kind of like Hue Jackson saying nobody else could have coached the Browns this year. I promise, were I the coach of the Browns, I could also accomplish a record no worse than 0-16. Of course, we might not have won any preseason games.

Wentz should not be the MVP for two reasons:

1.) He missed a few games.

2.) The playoff performances by Foles have kind of undermined Wentz, so far. To wit, it hasn't looked like there has been much of a difference between the two if you look at the playoff games. Those, of course, come after a few regular season games and Foles (obviously) getting more first team practice reps.

TB12 was the MVP, but I thought it should have went to Gurley (instrumental in the Rams' turnaround...of course, no position other than QB is allowed to be MVP anymore) or Alex Smith. Smith posted up a 104.7 QB Rating as well as a 5.2:1 TD:INT ratio, which is just absurd. Smith is not a popular choice, of course. In addition to being snubbed for the Pro Bowl initially, I don't even think he was an MVP finalist. They also lost in the WC, despite a nearly perfect performance by Smith. I think three of his incompletions were even straight up drops.
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/gripes/11182-pet-peeves/120/#post815219
WatchMeWin
WatchMeWin
February 4th, 2018 at 9:20:15 AM permalink
Quote: Mission146

I think the right coach got it for CotY. From 4-12 to 11-5 in one season, the only thing you can hold against him is getting it handed to him by the Falcons (at home) in the WildCard. Although, in fairness, they were the defending NFC Champions.

Of course, if you ask Jeff Smells Like Fish(er), he's not getting his due accolades for building the team. That takes some gall to say. Kind of like Hue Jackson saying nobody else could have coached the Browns this year. I promise, were I the coach of the Browns, I could also accomplish a record no worse than 0-16. Of course, we might not have won any preseason games.

Wentz should not be the MVP for two reasons:

1.) He missed a few games.

2.) The playoff performances by Foles have kind of undermined Wentz, so far. To wit, it hasn't looked like there has been much of a difference between the two if you look at the playoff games. Those, of course, come after a few regular season games and Foles (obviously) getting more first team practice reps.

TB12 was the MVP, but I thought it should have went to Gurley (instrumental in the Rams' turnaround...of course, no position other than QB is allowed to be MVP anymore) or Alex Smith. Smith posted up a 104.7 QB Rating as well as a 5.2:1 TD:INT ratio, which is just absurd. Smith is not a popular choice, of course. In addition to being snubbed for the Pro Bowl initially, I don't even think he was an MVP finalist. They also lost in the WC, despite a nearly perfect performance by Smith. I think three of his incompletions were even straight up drops.

I can't argue any of your points and they are well taken. There are so many people that are deserving and it is very difficult to narrow down to one individual for each award. But I am from Philly so...Dilly Dilly!

1) they vote before the playoffs even start so if you look at what once has done for the Eagles. He is absolutely 100% the reason they had the best record in the NFL. Without him they may not have been even 8 - 8. The Patriots, on the other hand, could have been 13-3 with my grandmom playing as quarterback. ( just look at Cassel's and Garoppolo's record when starting..rest my case).

2) yes the Rams coach did an outstanding job and he is amazing with a great legacy of support behind him.... but look what Pederson has done with the Eagles team with many of their top players getting hurt and still advancing to the Superbowl.

In any event, let's go Birds!
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
  • Threads: 57
February 4th, 2018 at 10:16:32 AM permalink
If anyone wants my action, I’ll bet $20 on an Eagles win at +100 which is a fantastic deal of you are favoring NE.
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
February 4th, 2018 at 10:30:32 AM permalink
Quote: gamerfreak

If anyone wants my action, I’ll bet $20 on an Eagles win at +100 which is a fantastic deal of you are favoring NE.

I'll take that bet. My $20 to your $20. You have Eagles win outright, I have Patriots win outright.
To be paid when you're next in Vegas?
Mission146
Mission146
February 4th, 2018 at 11:06:38 AM permalink
Quote: WatchMeWin

1) they vote before the playoffs even start so if you look at what once has done for the Eagles. He is absolutely 100% the reason they had the best record in the NFL. Without him they may not have been even 8 - 8. The Patriots, on the other hand, could have been 13-3 with my grandmom playing as quarterback. ( just look at Cassel's and Garoppolo's record when starting..rest my case).

That's a good point with them voting before the Playoffs. I don't like, "Best record in NFL," I like tied for best, with three other teams. I think losing five additional games without him is a serious stretch, even without the context of what Foles did in the Playoffs. Besides that, Wentz went 11-2, they won two regular season games with Foles and lost one.

I believe he played something like one quarter (or maybe a half) in the 6-0 losing effort to the Cowboys in a meaningless Week 17 game. In the other two games he started, Foles went 43/76 for 400 yards, 5 TDs, 1 INT for a 87.61 QB RATE in those games. That compares to a 101.9 rating for Wentz over his thirteen starts, but again, Wentz would have the benefit of the majority of the first team reps during that time and the preseason.

Also, I don't know what the Patriots have to do with anything. I never maintained that TB12 was the correct choice for MVP and I might not have given it to him even over Wentz. I'm just, to be very clear, disagreeing with your apparent assertion that Foles is a five game drop off overall when he went 2-0 in the games he started AND played the entire game.

In short, I don't get why people think so little of Foles.

Quote:

2) yes the Rams coach did an outstanding job and he is amazing with a great legacy of support behind him.... but look what Pederson has done with the Eagles team with many of their top players getting hurt and still advancing to the Superbowl.

Wait, what? Which one do you want? You just said they may well have gone 8-8 had it been Foles all year as opposed to the 13-3 with Wentz starting thirteen games. Were the Eagles great this year because of Wentz or because of Pederson?

I mean, if you say that they would have been anywhere from 11-5 to 13-3 with Foles, then that reflects very well on Pederson. If you say it would have been anywhere from 8-8 to 10-6, then that reflects very well on Wentz and not so much Pederson. Please pick one.

Of course, the Eagles were 7-9 last year, so that's still a pretty meaningful turnaround. It's a six game improvement whereas the Rams were a seven game improvement. Although, the Eagles were arguably competitive last year whereas the Rams certainly were not.
ahiromu
ahiromu
February 4th, 2018 at 11:55:45 AM permalink
I got my under 49 and Pats -180. Patience.
Its - Possessive; It's - "It is" / "It has"; There - Location; Their - Possessive; They're - "They are"
Rigondeaux
Rigondeaux
  • Threads: 30
February 4th, 2018 at 12:08:10 PM permalink
Under 2.5 players attempt a pass -115 at Caesars
coilman
coilman
  • Threads: 139
February 4th, 2018 at 12:43:30 PM permalink
Where can I bet the pressure in the NE side footballs being UNDER the required 86 Kpa ?
Venthus
Venthus
  • Threads: 24
February 4th, 2018 at 1:54:36 PM permalink
Quote: gamerfreak

A straight up 20$ to whoever wins? I'll take that too (on NE winning), if you're extending the offer to multiple people, plus I'm fine with claiming it as an email gift card or something, to simplify the logistics. (Game started.)
Last edited by: Venthus on Feb 4, 2018
Venthus
Venthus
  • Threads: 24
February 4th, 2018 at 3:02:14 PM permalink
So it looks like the animals have spoken, and it's 5-3 in favor of the Eagles. And that dolphin probably beats most of our records-- 6-1

https://www.npr.org/2018/02/03/581701902/elephants-for-eagles-puppies-for-patriots-animals-predict-super-bowl-lii
boymimbo
boymimbo
February 4th, 2018 at 3:24:09 PM permalink
God favors Eagles over Patriots. That said, the Super Bowl is earthly and I take the Patriots winning but losing ATS. Patriots by 4. 31-27. Eagles up by 10 at the 1/2.

And no safety!
----- You want the truth! You can't handle the truth!
DrawingDead
DrawingDead
  • Threads: 9
February 4th, 2018 at 3:39:48 PM permalink
Quote: DrawingDead

[ x ] Heads.

This year the sharps are definitely on heads, so better get down on it before the late flood of smart money moves the line.

Quote: Official Coin-Flipper Dude

Heads...

Cha-ching! And so I remain undefeated with a perfect record of winning my annual wageR (singular) on this lucicrous made-for-TV spectacle. (You could look it up, if you have way too much time on your hands for your own good.) My ten-star platinum coin-flipper prediction package will be available on fleecingthestupidsuckers.com.

*snivelling gloat*

And best of all, with that out of the way now I can start playing my stash of 50+ hours of stuff saved on my DVR, without feeling any need to watch a bit of the four hour celebration of brain death, or even venture out of my cave for the two days it generally takes to haul away the bodies and hose off the mess. Yippee!

Buh-bye 'till Tuesday.
Suck dope, watch TV, make up stuff, be somebody on the internet.
speedycrap
speedycrap
  • Threads: 46
February 4th, 2018 at 3:57:11 PM permalink
Why would NE won the toss and defer??? Should try to get on board asap?
GWAE
GWAE
February 4th, 2018 at 4:08:17 PM permalink
Quote: speedycrap

Why would NE won the toss and defer??? Should try to get on board asap?

I believe belacheater always defers. He would prefer to have a chance at a double possession.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
GWAE
GWAE
February 4th, 2018 at 4:32:48 PM permalink
I mentioned that being from Pittsburgh I couldn't root for either team. As the game is being played in find myself rooting against NE. So yeah, there's that.
ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 22
February 4th, 2018 at 4:39:02 PM permalink
Quote: GWAE

I mentioned that being from Pittsburgh I couldn't root for either team. As the game is being played in find myself rooting against NE. So yeah, there's that.

I couldn't care less about football, but a lot of my coworkers live on Cape Cod and worship the Patriots. Therefore I root for the Patriots so my boss is in a good mood tomorrow.
Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
Hunterhill
Hunterhill
  • Threads: 53
February 4th, 2018 at 4:40:49 PM permalink

I believe belacheater always defers. He would prefer to have a chance at a double possession.

Belacheater,So tell me when they won last year what was your excuse?
The mountain is tall but grass grows on top of the mountain.
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
  • Threads: 68
February 4th, 2018 at 5:06:04 PM permalink

DUHHIIIIIIIII HEARD THAT!
GWAE
GWAE
February 4th, 2018 at 5:08:59 PM permalink
Quote: Hunterhill

Belacheater,So tell me when they won last year what was your excuse?

Lol the cheat hasn't been detected yet.

In all seriousness though, I think my belacheater comment was me trolling. I actually don't care if they do cheat. Whats the old phrase, if you ain't cheatin then you ain't tryin.
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
  • Threads: 68
February 4th, 2018 at 5:14:36 PM permalink
"Win if you can. Lose if you must. But always cheat." Jesse "The Body" Ventura
DUHHIIIIIIIII HEARD THAT!
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 122
February 4th, 2018 at 5:16:04 PM permalink
I'm just reminding all I have the Patriots and under. I'm hoping the forum was wise enough to fade me......
RogerKint
RogerKint
  • Threads: 15
February 4th, 2018 at 5:17:12 PM permalink
Quote: boymimbo

Eagles up by 10 at the 1/2.

Well done, sir.
100% risk of ruin
smoothgrh
smoothgrh
  • Threads: 87
February 4th, 2018 at 5:33:53 PM permalink
No prob bet for QB receptions!
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 89
February 4th, 2018 at 5:36:06 PM permalink
What a gutsy play by the Eagles at the end . Love it
Why is Justin Timberlake a global superstar? Why is he a star?
He was in a big time boy band
As an adult, I think his music is over produced and not appealing.
Its just a forum. Nothing here to get obsessed about.
ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 22
February 4th, 2018 at 5:37:32 PM permalink
#notimpressed with that halftime show.
Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
Hunterhill
Hunterhill
  • Threads: 53
February 4th, 2018 at 5:40:47 PM permalink
Quote: ams288

#notimpressed with that halftime show.

Likewise
The mountain is tall but grass grows on top of the mountain.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 122
February 4th, 2018 at 5:41:08 PM permalink
Quote: terapined

What a gutsy play by the Eagles at the end . Love it
Why is Justin Timberlake a global superstar? Why is he a star?
He was in a big time boy band
As an adult, I think his music is over produced and not appealing.

Agree. I cringe every time they say "global superstar".

I LOVE a coach who does what Eagles coach does. No fear. His team knows it.
boymimbo
boymimbo
February 4th, 2018 at 6:27:00 PM permalink
I got the halftime right, but too bad I'm not betting. But will the Eagles hang on?

Jack in the Box with Martha Stewart made me laugh. I still haven't set foot in one.
----- You want the truth! You can't handle the truth!
ahiromu
ahiromu
February 4th, 2018 at 6:29:08 PM permalink
Quote: boymimbo

I got the halftime right, but too bad I'm not betting. But will the Eagles hang on?

Jack in the Box with Martha Stewart made me laugh. I still haven't set foot in one.

Remember the Sourdough Jack when you do.
Nathan
Nathan
  • Threads: 66
February 4th, 2018 at 6:40:22 PM permalink
According to good old Google, The Patriots won The Superbowl this year...Again...I'm beginning to wonder if yet another Tom Brady (6 time SB win according to Google) will start to sour the milk in resentment from a lot of society.
In both The Hunger Games and in gambling, may the odds be ever in your favor. :D "Man Babes" #AxelFabulous "Olive oil is processed but it only has one ingredient, olive oil."-Even Bob, March 27/28th. :D The 2 year war is over! Woo-hoo! :D I sometimes speak in metaphors. ;) Remember this. ;) Crack the code. :D 8.9.13.25.14.1.13.5.9.19.14.1.20.8.1.14! :D "For about the 4096th time, let me offer a radical idea to those of you who don't like Nathan -- block her and don't visit Nathan's Corner. What is so complicated about it?" Wizard, August 21st. :D
  • Jump to: