Mission146
Administrator
Mission146
  • Threads: 104
August 23rd, 2017 at 7:55:35 AM permalink
PAYMENT UPDATES:

Here is the periodic payment update:

I have now received payment from nine total players, which is fine, because there are over two weeks left until payment is due in order for someone to make Week 1 Picks. If you include myself and WizardofNothing (entry w/donation) we are up to ten players who are considered as paid.

There are also a few players who have made payment arrangements but have yet to satisfy payment. I haven't really been keeping track of those because a few such people did not end up playing last year, so there's no real reason for me to keep track of anything other than payment received.
Vultures can't be choosers.
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 65
August 23rd, 2017 at 9:21:20 AM permalink
Quote: Mission146

PAYMENT UPDATES:

Here is the periodic payment update:

I have now received payment from nine total players, which is fine, because there are over two weeks left until payment is due in order for someone to make Week 1 Picks..

Only 9 so far
WTF
This is hugely positive EV
People on this board struggle to find anything in Vegas where they can grind out a very slight edge
and
We have this wonderful hugely positive EV contest
Cmon WOV members, get it together
"Everybody's bragging and drinking that wine, I can tell the Queen of Diamonds by the way she shines, Come to Daddy on an inside straight, I got no chance of losing this time" -Grateful Dead- "Loser"
kmumf
kmumf
  • Threads: 1
August 23rd, 2017 at 9:29:18 AM permalink
Im back in this year. Shooting for that last place finish!
Mission146
Administrator
Mission146
August 23rd, 2017 at 9:30:01 AM permalink
I'm not terribly concerned, I think that the Entry Fees came in pretty slowly last year, as well, with a huge rash of them coming in during the last week. As I recall, I even sent out reminder PM's to people who had arranged a form of payment (but not sent yet) as well as players from the previous year who hadn't responded to the first PM.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 89
August 23rd, 2017 at 12:34:27 PM permalink
Mr. Average is back to defend his title. (That's me)

My son transfers money via Venmo. Can you accept venmo?

Somewhere in here Mike has stated he is hoping to beat 60% this year again. I will bet giving 2-1 odds that he does not. Anyone interested?
JohnnyQ
JohnnyQ
  • Threads: 188
August 23rd, 2017 at 4:20:05 PM permalink
Quote: terapined

Only 9 so far
WTF
This is hugely positive EV
People on this board struggle to find anything in Vegas where they can grind out a very slight edge
and
We have this wonderful hugely positive EV contest
Cmon WOV members, get it together

Yep, that occurred to me ! What's not to love ?

Also, it's easy and fun following the standings with-in the contest through-out the season.
I remember the thirty-five sweet goodbyes; When you put me on the Wolverine up to Annandale; It was still September When your daddy was quite surprised; To find you with the working girls in the county jail; I was smoking with the boys upstairs when I Heard about the whole affair;I said oh no William and Mary won't do
Mission146
Administrator
Mission146
August 23rd, 2017 at 5:05:22 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

Mr. Average is back to defend his title. (That's me)

My son transfers money via Venmo. Can you accept venmo?

Somewhere in here Mike has stated he is hoping to beat 60% this year again. I will bet giving 2-1 odds that he does not. Anyone interested?

PM sent as to the payment.

Do you mean that you are Laying 2:1 Odds? He's over 60% lifetime on this game as well as over 60% 3/5 seasons.

I will bet my $100 to win your $200. Easy bet to take. Do we need to escrow? I don't see any reason that I think you should need to escrow if you don't think I do.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 89
August 23rd, 2017 at 5:13:29 PM permalink
Quote: Mission146

PM sent as to the payment.

Do you mean that you are Laying 2:1 Odds? He's over 60% lifetime on this game as well as over 60% 3/5 seasons.

I will bet my $100 to win your $200. Easy bet to take. Do we need to escrow? I don't see any reason that I think you should need to escrow if you don't think I do.

Bet is made. If he makes exactly 60%, it is a tie. Above 60% you win. Below 60% I win. I will let you be the final judge in case there is any question. No escrow needed.
Mission146
Administrator
Mission146
August 23rd, 2017 at 5:16:16 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

Bet is made. If he makes exactly 60%, it is a tie. Above 60% you win. Below 60% I win. I will let you be the final judge in case there is any question. No escrow needed.

It is done, the Rules of this game are the Rules of this bet. Since Wizard has default Picks in place, he can never have an 0-5 week.

I don't know if you knew about his Default Picks and were hoping he could No Pick himself into an 0-5 week. If you didn't know that such can't happen, I'll give you one chance to drop the bet. I'm all for this bet, myself, he runs 60% even using the occasional set of defaults.
EdCollins
EdCollins
  • Threads: 14
August 23rd, 2017 at 5:29:43 PM permalink
Mission, I'm willing to offer you the same exact same bet the SOOPOO is offering you, for any amount up to $100.00. (I will risk as much as $200.00 to your $100.00.)

• Jump to: