gordonm888
gordonm888
  • Threads: 22
August 18th, 2017 at 2:27:10 PM permalink
I'd like to try this. Please PM me the info.
Mission146
Administrator
Mission146
  • Threads: 104
August 18th, 2017 at 2:51:33 PM permalink
Greetings!

I'm going to go ahead and address the things that have come up in this thread. I will also be sending all invitations and payment info PM's tomorrow, sorry I'm a bit behind recently.

POSTING RESULTS:

That's awesome, Ed, and I thank you again for doing that!

RULES REGARDING MISPICKS:

When it comes to making deliberately offsetting Picks, any deliberately offsetting Picks or multiples of the same Pick will be considered patently against the Rules. The Official Rules concerning mispicks shall be as follows:

1.) If you have sent Picks that contain any mispicks and HAVE NOT used your Skip Week, then the Week upon which you sent the mispicks shall automatically constitute your Skip Week and your picks will not be considered for that week at all.

2.) If you have sent Picks that contain any mispicks and HAVE used your Skip Week, then your Standings will automatically reflect a record of 0-5 for the week in question and you will be ineligible to win any prizes other than 1st Place (or 1st-3rd given sufficient players).

In short, mispicks effectively now constitute a Skip Week.

JOELDEZE RULING:

I am basically mirroring what EdCollins said on that one if we're talking about that Week 1 thing. JoelDeze was under the impression that making a Confidence Pick counted as two Picks both for the purposes of Standings as well as the purposes of making five unique Picks. The decision that was made was to allow JoelDeze's four Picks (inclusive of one Confidence Pick) to stand as opposed to forcing him to use his Skip Week.

I really don't see what was, 'Horrendous,' about the decision as I cannot see what possible advantage allowing that set of Picks gave JoelDeze. It was Week 1.

However, there shall be no further such rulings of that nature. Any inadequate (for any reason) set of Picks shall henceforth result in the use of one Skip Week, assuming a player has one to use. If the player does not have one to use, any fouled set of Picks will result in a 0-5 week and the inability to win any consolation prizes.

Thus, fouling a set of Picks for any reason results only in a disadvantage.
Vultures can't be choosers.
beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 77
August 18th, 2017 at 3:56:04 PM permalink
Quote: Mission146

That's correct, Forum Rules prohibit one Member from having multiple accounts, but I don't believe it was ever intended that two people residing in the same house would be prohibited from having individual accounts.

Furthermore, we would also be aware of the handle corresponding to your wife's account. As a result, we would expect to see the same IP Address coming from those two accounts and that would not be a problem. I can't speak for everyone else, but I only go to looking at IP addresses if I actually strongly suspect someone of being a sock AND they violate some other rule, anyway.

I do look at all new accounts, taking into consideration the content of any posts and usually send a PM inquiry if there's any question about intent. I'm sure we could accommodate family member accounts; we have several accounts with roommates/family/workmates whatever. A pre-emptive PM to me or Mission might also help if you're concerned.
"If the house lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game."
mwalz9
mwalz9
  • Threads: 24
Thanks for this post from:
Mission146
August 19th, 2017 at 6:06:41 AM permalink
I agree with Ed. I didn't play last year so I went back and read all 50+ pages of last years discussion thread and didn't see anything that seemed unfair or horrendous.
JW17
JW17
  • Threads: 8
August 19th, 2017 at 4:44:57 PM permalink
Hey Buddy I am in again, thank you for putting this on. This is some of the most fun I have gambling all year, all for a huge $25 buy in.
Mission146
Administrator
Mission146
August 19th, 2017 at 5:50:15 PM permalink
Nice, glad to hear you say so!
Mission146
Administrator
Mission146
August 20th, 2017 at 6:42:00 AM permalink
Greetings!

This is just a notification that I have sent PM invites to everyone who played in the WoV Picks Game last year, the Playoff Picks Game last year or expressed interest in either of those two Discussion threads (or this one).

The result was that I sent a total of 39 PM's, and I expect that at least thirty of those will result in people playing.

I am going to now send a different version of the PM to all Members who joined the Forum on or after August 20th, 2016 and who have ten (or more) lifetime posts and are not banned. I will let you know how many PM's result from that, but will say that such PM's probably only result in one player per 40-50 PM's, or so.

Remember that the total in donations goes from $300 to $1,000 in the event that we have fifty or more unique players. That being the case, I would advise everyone to try to attract more players. Like I said in the Invite PM, I'm not going to work harder than I do any other year just to give more money away, so the invite process (on my end) is the same as last year.

I guess one other thing I can do is go through and invite anyone (not banned) who played in the 2012-2015 versions of this game, but did not play last year. I will do that much.

ADDED: I did what I said I would in the preceding paragraph and am about to send the PM's, it appears we have 27 (non-banned) Members who have played at some point between 2012-2015, but did not play last year. I am very surprised the number is that high, and I sincerely hope that everyone is okay and that some of them will decide to play again. I've always felt like we've had a high player retention rate, and we do, but not as high as I thought.
Mission146
Administrator
Mission146
August 20th, 2017 at 6:55:48 AM permalink
Greetings!

This is the notification that the PM's to the 27 non-banned Members who played between 2012-2015, but not last year, have been sent. I am now going to proceed to PM a modified invitation to the game to all Members who joined August 20th, 2016 (or later) and have at least ten lifetime posts. I will let you know how many total PM's that is shortly.

Interested & Players Last Year: 39 PM's

Players 2012-2015 Who Did Not Play Last Year: 27 PM's

Total (So Far): 66 PM's
JohnnyQ
JohnnyQ
  • Threads: 191
August 20th, 2017 at 9:09:54 AM permalink
THANKS to everyone who made this so much fun last year.

Count me in, plus MrsQ too !
I don't give a hoot about what people have to say, I'm laughing as I'm analyzed. Lunatics anonymous, that's where we belong, Sure, cause I am one, till my strength is gone, Yeah, this beat goes on - Da Kings: The North Coast's Friday Anthem
Mission146
Administrator
Mission146
August 20th, 2017 at 9:17:20 AM permalink
Greetings!

(First of all, nice to hear yourself and Mrs. Q will both be playing, JohnnyQ!)

This is a notification that I have PM'ed people who met the criteria outlined for receiving an invitation to the game though they had not played or previously expressed interest. 99 such PM's were sent last year, but I kept a little closer to my own criteria for this year, so 85 PM's were sent this year.

Interested & Players Last Year: 39 PM's

Players 2012-2015 Who Did Not Play Last Year: 27 PM's

New Invites: 85 PM's

Total Invites Sent: 151 PM's.

The final total for invitation PM's that I have sent is 151. I don't know how the PM's to 2012-2015 players will go because this is the first time I've PM'ed previous players other than the year immediately prior.

"Cold calling," PM's to completely new people have a tendency to not work terribly well. I would be surprised if we see three or more players from that and I expect only one or two.

• Jump to: