onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
  • Threads: 132
August 1st, 2017 at 1:27:24 PM permalink
Quote: speedycrap

Which track is mandatory $2.2 please?

He was referring to Mountaineer.

I don't think I have much chance picking a winner in the Birdstone Stakes. Hard Study is 5/2, I don't think that's a good price for this race, I'm not really sure he has much chance going that long(how many horses ever have). Turco Bravo seems like a deal at 12/1, because he has ran this race, and well the last two years. Lackluster races after last year's win are apples to oranges, though he is 8 years old now. I'll probably play him and Scuba in some form. The four horse is the favorite having done well recently at 1.5 miles, sounds good to me for an extra 1/4 mile, most the others haven't been tested so long. Wish I knew how to handicap pedigrees.
Last edited by: onenickelmiracle on Aug 1, 2017
Looks like sh!t just got imaginary!
ontariodealer
ontariodealer
  • Threads: 6
August 1st, 2017 at 6:44:20 PM permalink
the two wv tracks....Charlestown and mountaineer
get second you pig
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
August 1st, 2017 at 7:31:44 PM permalink
Overlooked the first race at Saratoga Friday Thursday, 2 & 1/16th miles on the turf, Mrs. Ogden Phipps stakes.

Edited:wrong day and race name
Last edited by: onenickelmiracle on Aug 1, 2017
DrawingDead
DrawingDead
  • Threads: 7
Thanks for this post from:
onenickelmiracle
August 1st, 2017 at 8:31:42 PM permalink
Quote: onenickelmiracle

Overlooked the first race at Saratoga Friday, 2 & 1/16th miles on the turf, Mrs. Ogden stakes.

It is the Mrs. Ogden Phipps Stakes, and it is on Thursday August 3rd, not on Friday. Involved in creating the New York Racing Association (NYRA), which operates the major New York tracks including Saratoga as well as Belmont Park and Aqueduct, and as the owner and breeder of nine thoroughbred champions, Mr. Ogden PHIPPS was one of the most important and famous individuals in the history of American racing and breeding. Which would be why his wife had a minor stakes named in her honor after she died in a fire.
Nevermind.
DrawingDead
DrawingDead
  • Threads: 7
Thanks for this post from:
onenickelmiracle
August 1st, 2017 at 9:03:47 PM permalink
By the way, besides being restricted to female equine contestants, it is not a regular "flat race." It is a steeplechase event. That means they have to jump over things. A lot of them. So the athletic effort required is like running even a lot longer than the 16.5 furlong distance.

Nevermind.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
August 2nd, 2017 at 3:58:03 PM permalink
There is a horse named Nickel Bred at Mountaineer tonight race 4. 😊
speedycrap
speedycrap
  • Threads: 31
August 2nd, 2017 at 5:27:14 PM permalink
Winning by a neck 7/2
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
August 2nd, 2017 at 5:53:53 PM permalink
Quote: speedycrap

Winning by a neck 7/2

$9.60. 7/6/1. I of course didn't bet it, so it wins. The trifecta I always try catching when two of the numbers adds to the third. Do people tend to avoid such a set of numbers or gravitate to them? I've seen some big payouts like this, tend to think they're avoided.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
August 2nd, 2017 at 6:54:21 PM permalink
Btw, a month after he left, realized Paulo Duca was gone at TVG. Miss him being gone. There is a new woman there, I just cannot stand named Candace because of her voice. It's very low, she speaks like some Aristocrat, very pretentious sounding, sounds like she has something in her mouth when she talks.
FinsRule
FinsRule
  • Threads: 104
August 3rd, 2017 at 4:18:24 AM permalink
Quote: onenickelmiracle

Btw, a month after he left, realized Paulo Duca was gone at TVG. Miss him being gone. There is a new woman there, I just cannot stand named Candace because of her voice. It's very low, she speaks like some Aristocrat, very pretentious sounding, sounds like she has something in her mouth when she talks.

It's really been a month since Lo Duca left? He went to NYRA to replace Mig.

Candace does the late shift international racing for TVG. She knows her stuff. Not everyone has a perfect voice.

• Jump to: