Thread Rating:

AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 240
April 2nd, 2024 at 12:00:40 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

Michelle Obama doesn't better than Biden does against Trump, she would still lose. And figure Kennedy into that and the loss is even bigger. But she has no interest in running, why are they even polling it.

link to original post

Polling it to make news where there is none.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
TigerWu
TigerWu
  • Threads: 26
April 2nd, 2024 at 12:33:22 PM permalink
That Michelle Obama poll is from a DailyMail "article," so it's nothing more than tabloid gossip....LOL
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 122
April 2nd, 2024 at 1:07:54 PM permalink

Michelle Obama doesn't better than Biden does against Trump, she would still lose. And figure Kennedy into that and the loss is even bigger. But she has no interest in running, why are they even polling it.

link to original post

If Trump would actually beat Biden in the popular vote by 3% as your quoted poll suggests, it would be an electoral college rout for Trump. I think the way the states play out it’s around an electoral college tie if Biden beats Trump by 2-3%.
TigerWu
TigerWu
April 2nd, 2024 at 1:30:42 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

If Trump would actually beat Biden in the popular vote by 3% as your quoted poll suggests, it would be an electoral college rout for Trump. I think the way the states play out it’s around an electoral college tie if Biden beats Trump by 2-3%.
link to original post

Just throwing out some numbers:

Trump lost the popular vote by 2% in 2016 and 4.5% in 2020.

He won 2016 by 80 electoral votes but lost 2020 by 74 electoral votes.

He had an increase of over 11 million popular votes from 2016 to 2020, but the Democrat side had an increase of 15.4 million (from Clinton to Biden).
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
Thanked by
SOOPOO
April 2nd, 2024 at 2:05:32 PM permalink
Quote: TigerWu

That Michelle Obama poll is from a DailyMail "article," so it's nothing more than tabloid gossip....LOL
link to original post

A poll is a poll is a poll. You can find fault with all of them if you try hard enough.
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
TigerWu
TigerWu
April 2nd, 2024 at 2:23:47 PM permalink

link to original post

A poll is a poll is a poll. You can find fault with all of them if you try hard enough.
link to original post

I didn't have to try very hard with that one. A Presidential poll with someone who has no chance of being President is pointless. Might as well have put Batman or Daffy Duck on there, too.
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
April 2nd, 2024 at 4:28:10 PM permalink

link to original post

link to original post

I didn't have to try very hard with that one. A Presidential poll with someone who has no chance of being President is pointless. Might as well have put Batman or Daffy Duck on there, too.
link to original post

Yet she is on every oddsmakers list, go figure that one out.
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
TigerWu
TigerWu
April 3rd, 2024 at 6:11:48 AM permalink

Yet she is on every oddsmakers list, go figure that one out.
link to original post

Because people are dumb and will bet on anything.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 212
April 3rd, 2024 at 7:38:39 AM permalink
Quote:

Because people are dumb and will bet on anything.
link to original post

🤔 Lighting dynamite and have everyone bet on who loses the "hot potato" game.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
  • Threads: 16
April 3rd, 2024 at 8:49:24 AM permalink

link to original post

It's fanfiction. Some people are obsessed with Michelle Obama. And it's not even people that like her. People that hate her can't stop talking about her.
link to original post

I don't love her I don't hate her, I have no feelings about her. Like most first ladies she was a non-entity when her husband was president I can't remember anything she did. Why on Earth would I want to vote for her for president or why would anybody. I don't get it.
link to original post

She was involved in "Waffles & Mochi", a TV program focused on making children not be afraid of fresh vegetables.
It's hard to be opposed to that, even if it doesn't translate to political office.
May the cards fall in your favor.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
April 3rd, 2024 at 8:58:27 AM permalink
Quote: Dieter

link to original post

It's fanfiction. Some people are obsessed with Michelle Obama. And it's not even people that like her. People that hate her can't stop talking about her.
link to original post

I don't love her I don't hate her, I have no feelings about her. Like most first ladies she was a non-entity when her husband was president I can't remember anything she did. Why on Earth would I want to vote for her for president or why would anybody. I don't get it.
link to original post

She was involved in "Waffles & Mochi", a TV program focused on making children not be afraid of fresh vegetables.
It's hard to be opposed to that, even if it doesn't translate to political office.
link to original post

Her school lunch programs were not well received. Kind of ended up being "you ran the foodservice for your 20 year career but I am First Lady so who is better qualified."
TigerWu
TigerWu
Thanked by
Dieter
April 3rd, 2024 at 9:17:10 AM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

Her school lunch programs were not well received. Kind of ended up being "you ran the foodservice for your 20 year career but I am First Lady so who is better qualified."
link to original post

No, the lunch programs were not well received, but it was the USDA's ideas that were implemented, not Michelle Obama's. She was just the face of the campaign.
Romes
Romes
  • Threads: 29
Thanked by
PokerGrinder
April 3rd, 2024 at 9:22:12 AM permalink
Since this is the "election betting" thread I thought I'd pop in to make a simple announcement.

Currently BetOnline and Bookmaker have the "dems vs repubs" at -110, aka even money juice removed.

ANYONE that wants to bet me that Donald Trump will not be the next president (as in I take the NO he will not, +100, a deal btw since trump appears to be like a very small 5 pt fav head to head), PM me for more convo I will accept 5 or 6 figure bets. Must be a known member in good standing and willing to put the money up in a trusted 3rd party escrow.

Also, this is my free speech but we'll see what happens: If you support trump, you are a moron morally, economically, politically, and humanely. NOT your support for him, but your inability to tell fact from fiction makes you literally the issue with the country let alone the world. Couldn't stand by this more. Not looking for a debate since 1+1=2 even if degenerates think it's 3.
Playing it correctly means you've already won.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
April 3rd, 2024 at 9:34:53 AM permalink
Quote: Romes

Also, this is my free speech but we'll see what happens: If you support trump, you are a moron morally, economically, politically, and humanely. NOT your support for him, but your inability to tell fact from fiction makes you literally the issue with the country let alone the world. Couldn't stand by this more. Not looking for a debate since 1+1=2 even if degenerates think it's 3.
link to original post

If this is not political speech I do not know what is.
TigerWu
TigerWu
April 3rd, 2024 at 10:02:53 AM permalink

ANYONE that wants to bet me that Donald Trump will not be the next president (as in I take the NO he will not, +100, a deal btw since trump appears to be like a very small 5 pt fav head to head), PM me for more convo I will accept 5 or 6 figure bets. Must be a known member in good standing and willing to put the money up in a trusted 3rd party escrow.

I hope someone takes this bet. Sounds like some juicy action!

Quote:

link to original post

See you in 3 days....LOL
Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
April 3rd, 2024 at 11:58:41 AM permalink

Since this is the "election betting" thread I thought I'd pop in to make a simple announcement.

Currently BetOnline and Bookmaker have the "dems vs repubs" at -110, aka even money juice removed.

link to original post

Either it's political speech, or insult. Either way, clear violation. 3 days.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
April 3rd, 2024 at 12:38:46 PM permalink

link to original post

link to original post

Why not call it both served concurrent?
Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
April 3rd, 2024 at 12:51:39 PM permalink

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

Because I'm a lazy oaf, and this is easier for me to write up.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
April 3rd, 2024 at 12:56:29 PM permalink

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

Personal insult! Suspend yourself 3 days!
TigerWu
TigerWu
Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
April 3rd, 2024 at 1:22:51 PM permalink

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

Personal insult! Suspend yourself 3 days!
link to original post

I believe that self-deprecation has generally been allowed...
TigerWu
TigerWu
April 9th, 2024 at 10:02:50 AM permalink
Biden's betting odds have been increasing since early last month while Trump's have been decreasing.

This chart shows from about March 1st to April 8th. Trump in red, Biden in blue.

DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 86
April 9th, 2024 at 1:30:11 PM permalink

Based on the current candidates I would think any random person would be an improvement.
At my age, a "Life In Prison" sentence is not much of a deterrent.
Gialmere
Gialmere
  • Threads: 44
April 10th, 2024 at 10:10:28 AM permalink

Biden's betting odds have been increasing since early last month while Trump's have been decreasing.

This chart shows from about March 1st to April 8th. Trump in red, Biden in blue.

link to original post

Yes. Punters got spooked after the release of the Hur report and Biden nosedived from about where he is now to 27%. His climb back up got a kickstart in early March when he (essentially) ran the table on Super Tuesday, had Michelle Obama reiterate that she had no intention of running on Wednesday, and then gave a fiery State of the Union speech on Thursday leaving no doubt that he didn't intend to step aside for anyone.

Trump has slipped around two points. If things stay the way they are then 45% is probably the ceiling for his action. But who knows? A bad trial result and he might nosedive down to the 20s himself.

Meanwhile, in the second tier, Obama has plummeted from 9% to 3.3% for reasons already mentioned. Presumably her punters will mostly take their action to Biden. Kennedy is way up but, at the penny stock candidate level, this merely means from 3.2% to 4%. Realistically, he need only be contemplated by how big of a spoiler effect he'll have.
Have you tried 22 tonight? I said 22.
TigerWu
TigerWu
April 10th, 2024 at 1:04:58 PM permalink
If Trump's legal issues start to look like they're becoming insurmountable, I wouldn't be surprised to see RFK Jr's odds start to go up in his place.
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 89
April 15th, 2024 at 6:40:36 AM permalink
1st ever criminal trial for an ex President started this morning. Trump is in attendance

Anyone taking bets on how little time passes before the judge has to admonish Trump to behave himself and stop being an annoying distraction?

Following the trial on X via Mathew Lee Russell of Inner City Press. Best live tweet coverage. No video or audio recording allowed at this trial

Fascinating fact. Trumps Truth Social acct is posting while Trump is sitting in the courtroom

Last edited by: terapined on Apr 15, 2024
Its just a forum. Nothing here to get obsessed about.
TigerWu
TigerWu
April 15th, 2024 at 7:58:24 AM permalink
Odds are tied as of April 13. I bet the odds will be all over the place as this first trial goes on.

terapined
terapined
April 15th, 2024 at 8:03:34 AM permalink

Odds are tied as of April 13. I bet the odds will be all over the place as this first trial goes on.

link to original post

Trump has 4 criminal trials
This is the only one that will probably go to the jury before the election
terapined
terapined
April 15th, 2024 at 9:22:23 AM permalink
Quote: terapined

Anyone taking bets on how little time passes before the judge has to admonish Trump to behave himself and stop being an annoying distraction

Justice Merchan: Mr. Trump, you may remember that I previously gave you Parker warnings: You have the right to be present in the trial. If you disrupt the proceeding, you may be excluded and jailed. If you fail to appear, a warrant will be issued for your arrest
terapined
terapined
April 16th, 2024 at 7:54:42 PM permalink

1st ever criminal trial for an ex President started this morning. Trump is in attendance

Anyone taking bets on how little time passes before the judge has to admonish Trump to behave himself and stop being an annoying distraction?

Wow
Only took to day 2

Judge Merchan to Trumps lead attorney
“Your client was uttering something in the direction of the juror. I won’t tolerate that. I will not have any jurors intimidated in this courtroom. I want to make that crystal clear. Take a minute with your client.”
gordonm888
Administrator
gordonm888
  • Threads: 60
Thanked by
RogerKintWizard
April 16th, 2024 at 8:09:28 PM permalink

Wow
Only took to day 2

Judge Merchan to Trumps lead attorney
“Your client was uttering something in the direction of the juror. I won’t tolerate that. I will not have any jurors intimidated in this courtroom. I want to make that crystal clear. Take a minute with your client.”
link to original post

WARNING: This is political speech, which is forbidden in this forum and in this thread.
terapined, what relevance does this kind of post (and your previous two posts) have to the election odds? You seem to be focussed on reporting negative information about Trump. Please get familiar with the special rules for this thread. For this thread you are required to keep a non-partisan tone and to make comments related to the probability of various candidates winning the election.

If you continue to act as a news reporting service and report news items that disparage a candidate, you will face disciplinary action for violating the forum rules.
So many better men, a few of them friends, are dead. And a thousand thousand slimy things live on, and so do I.
TigerWu
TigerWu
April 17th, 2024 at 7:01:32 AM permalink
Biden's betting odds have now pulled ahead of Trump for the first time since last September....but only just barely. Personally, I think Trump's odds are going to start climbing back up again once people get bored of this current trial being in the news.

Gialmere
Gialmere
April 17th, 2024 at 7:25:57 AM permalink
What's interesting about the trial is how little interest it's generating. Some courtroom fireworks may change that but, right now, people seem more inclined to argue about the old OJ verdict. Only in America eh?
Last edited by: Gialmere on Apr 17, 2024
Gialmere
Gialmere
April 18th, 2024 at 4:18:51 PM permalink

Biden's betting odds have now pulled ahead of Trump for the first time since last September....but only just barely. Personally, I think Trump's odds are going to start climbing back up again once people get bored of this current trial being in the news.

link to original post

Hmm. It's about the same today but there's something weird. Notice the breakdown. The sites have the two candidates tied or show Trump with a sleight lead. Until, that is, you get to Predictit which has Biden leading by a whopping 8 points. Do they know something there? Or are they betting big with their hearts? Or is it merely a random chance outlier?

I confess to never visiting Predictit. Are there any Predictit users here who can explain how the site works?
Last edited by: Gialmere on Apr 18, 2024
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 122
April 18th, 2024 at 6:10:15 PM permalink
Quote: Gialmere

link to original post

Hmm. It's about the same today but there's something weird. Notice the breakdown. The sites have the two candidates tied or show Trump with a sleight lead. Until, that is, you get to Predictit which has Biden leading by a whopping 8 points. Do they know something there? Or are they betting big with their hearts? Or is it merely a random chance outlier?

I confess to never visiting Predictit. Are there any Predictit users here who can explain how the site works?
link to original post

No expert. But Predictit will probably list the bet as ‘winner of 2024 election’ versus a poll which is supposed to be indicative of the overall popular vote. As I’ve stated ad nauseum, Biden can easily win the popular vote but lose the election, a la Hilary Clinton.

I think Predictit betting just matches two opposite bets. So for you to get 11-10 someone has to be willing to take 10-11 on the other side.
  • Jump to: