Thread Rating:

ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 22
March 26th, 2024 at 3:16:36 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

Quote: TigerWu

Quote: SOOPOO

Getting back on topic….. if I can get Biden at +odds I’m all over that.
link to original post

I suspect his odds will continue to increase the closer we get to election day.
link to original post

If Biden is even on the ballot in November. Lots of Insiders on both sides keep saying there's no way Biden's going to be the candidate after the convention. It certainly won't be Michelle Obama, she has said in no uncertain terms that there's no way she's running. The dark horse is Kennedy, nobody knows how many votes he's going to pull away from the Democratic candidate.
link to original post

Are the “insiders” in the room with you right now?
Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 89
March 26th, 2024 at 4:22:54 PM permalink
Quote: ams288

link to original post

link to original post

If Biden is even on the ballot in November. Lots of Insiders on both sides keep saying there's no way Biden's going to be the candidate after the convention. It certainly won't be Michelle Obama, she has said in no uncertain terms that there's no way she's running. The dark horse is Kennedy, nobody knows how many votes he's going to pull away from the Democratic candidate.
link to original post

Are the “insiders” in the room with you right now?
link to original post

Must be the same insiders that said Biden was unable to debate last cycle
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1491
March 26th, 2024 at 4:46:33 PM permalink

link to original post

Nice to see you back EB. I know you don't bet with strangers on the Internet, but I'll lay long odds that Biden IS the candidate for his party.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
March 26th, 2024 at 5:08:37 PM permalink
Quote: Wizard

Nice to see you back EB. I know you don't bet with strangers on the Internet, but I'll lay long odds that Biden IS the candidate for his party.
link to original post

I don't do internet bets but if I did I wouldn't take that bet because I want Joe Biden to be the candidate for obvious reasons that I can't go into without getting suspended.
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
ChallengedMilly
ChallengedMilly
  • Threads: 23
March 26th, 2024 at 5:36:38 PM permalink
I can't put any money on it but this feels like one of those horrible "Trump defies the mainstream and wins!" elections. Leftists aren't 'thrilled' about Joe and we make up a decent chunk of purple state voters. We dislike Trump immensely but hate voting usually doesn't get people to the polls. If I had to bet though, Trump winning seems like better-than-it-should-be statistically speaking.

(hopefully I'm keep in line with no-politics chat with this post, otherwise edit please)
terapined
terapined
March 26th, 2024 at 5:46:07 PM permalink
Quote: ChallengedMilly

I can't put any money on it but this feels like one of those horrible "Trump defies the mainstream and wins!" elections. Leftists aren't 'thrilled' about Joe and we make up a decent chunk of purple state voters. We dislike Trump immensely but hate voting usually doesn't get people to the polls. If I had to bet though, Trump winning seems like better-than-it-should-be statistically speaking.

(hopefully I'm keep in line with no-politics chat with this post, otherwise edit please)
link to original post

Republicans have pretty much under performed since Roevember has become a reality every fall
There should have been a huge red wave at the midterms with an unpopular President
Yet they are barely holding a majority in the House
Roevember
The party as a whole are hurting their chances in competitive races as they oppose the overwhelming majority that is pro choice
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 240
March 27th, 2024 at 3:40:50 AM permalink

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

I think the party will bite their teeth and nominate him. Last 2 times a sitting POTUS did not run the GOP took it. 8 years later the Democrat Party seems to still have the "empty bench" problem they had at the end of the Obama years when they lost like 1000 elected positions nationwide over his years. If they had a rising star I could more see it happening. If this were even the 1970s I could see it happening. In today's world of too many political consultants using so much election math not so much.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
TigerWu
TigerWu
  • Threads: 25
March 27th, 2024 at 7:05:48 AM permalink
2028 is going to be a whole new ball game for President. Trump and Biden will either be too old, ineligible, or dead. Probably see Desantis take another crack along with Haley and Christie. For Democrats, who knows, but I bet Newsom is in the mix.
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 86
March 27th, 2024 at 7:54:32 AM permalink

2028 is going to be a whole new ball game for President. Trump and Biden will either be too old, ineligible, or dead. Probably see Desantis take another crack along with Haley and Christie. For Democrats, who knows, but I bet Newsom is in the mix.
link to original post

I still have a feeling that at some point in the future Mark Cuban will run for president.
At my age, a "Life In Prison" sentence is not much of a deterrent.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
March 27th, 2024 at 8:53:29 AM permalink
Quote: DRich

link to original post

I still have a feeling that at some point in the future Mark Cuban will run for president.
link to original post

Doubtful. We are seeing what happens when an outsider dares run and win. Not to mention it seems his likability has been falling in recent years. He was a fun guy when he bought that "I want to draw a cat for you" thing on Shark Tank. Last few years he comes off like an old grouch.
EvenBob
EvenBob
March 27th, 2024 at 11:17:11 AM permalink
Earlier this week Trump held a 1.5 lead in a head-to-head matchup with Biden. Put Robert Kennedy Jr into the mix and Trump leads by 5. This was before RFK Jr chose his far left running mate yesterday. When the new polls come out about a three-way race this will tip it even further in Trump's favor. RFK Jr is polling at 13% now and it's only March. By October he should be polling around 20% with most of his votes coming from people who would normally vote for Biden. Democrat voters love him, especially the older Democrats where he has extreme name recognition.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
March 27th, 2024 at 11:25:41 AM permalink

Earlier this week Trump held a 1.5 lead in a head-to-head matchup with Biden. Put Robert Kennedy Jr into the mix and Trump leads by 5. This was before RFK Jr chose his far left running mate yesterday. When the new polls come out about a three-way race this will tip it even further in Trump's favor. RFK Jr is polling at 13% now and it's only March. By October he should be polling around 20% with most of his votes coming from people who would normally vote for Biden. Democrat voters love him, especially the older Democrats where he has extreme name recognition.
link to original post

To compare in 1992 Perot was in a three way tie polling right before someone stopped by and said it would be a shame if something happened to his family, good to have family. He still ended up with 18% or so in the general which ended 43-39-18. The question will be are Biden voters as fed up with him as Bush41 voters were with him back then.

Summer will be a real key time. Also we might have an international problem. Perhaps we see Poles in Ukraine escalating things?
TigerWu
TigerWu
March 27th, 2024 at 12:31:11 PM permalink
I just want to know what the odds are of Joe Buden winning the Presidency...
EvenBob
EvenBob
March 27th, 2024 at 2:54:11 PM permalink

link to original post

https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/gambling/online/34308-election-betting/3/#post921871
Gialmere
Gialmere
  • Threads: 44
March 27th, 2024 at 5:11:55 PM permalink
Kennedy picking Shanahan is a mistake imho. If he's determined to go the distance, he needs someone with name recognition, someone who will get people talking, generate some buzz and free press. Shanahan is rich, I'll give her that (and it might be the whole point of her selection) but the only buzz I'm seeing are people asking, "Who?"

To be fair, despite all the names that were bandied about, anyone who accepts the Veep slot will become a pariah to both the left and right, so maybe she was his best choice from those actually willing.
Have you tried 22 tonight? I said 22.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 121
March 27th, 2024 at 6:06:07 PM permalink
Quote: Gialmere

Kennedy picking Shanahan is a mistake imho. If he's determined to go the distance, he needs someone with name recognition, someone who will get people talking, generate some buzz and free press. Shanahan is rich, I'll give her that (and it might be the whole point of her selection) but the only buzz I'm seeing are people asking, "Who?"

To be fair, despite all the names that were bandied about, anyone who accepts the Veep slot will become a pariah to both the left and right, so maybe she was his best choice from those actually willing.
link to original post

He was trying to find someone who has slept with the most billionaires. That’s the way to succeed. (Musk denies it, despite the rumors).
EvenBob
EvenBob
March 27th, 2024 at 8:58:11 PM permalink

Kennedy picking Shanahan is a mistake imho. If he's determined to go the distance,
link to original post

No Third Party candidate in history has ever thought he would go the distance. Kennedy has his eye on 2028 obviously. He'll only be 73 and he'll do well enough in this election the people will remember him and he'll have a good chance of being nominated.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
March 28th, 2024 at 2:45:46 AM permalink

Kennedy picking Shanahan is a mistake imho. If he's determined to go the distance,
link to original post

No Third Party candidate in history has ever thought he would go the distance. Kennedy has his eye on 2028 obviously. He'll only be 73 and he'll do well enough in this election the people will remember him and he'll have a good chance of being nominated.
link to original post

Teddy Roosevelt?
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
March 28th, 2024 at 5:11:30 AM permalink

link to original post

link to original post

Being nominated by who? Not the Democrats or Republicans.
TigerWu
TigerWu
March 28th, 2024 at 7:07:04 AM permalink

link to original post

https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/gambling/online/34308-election-betting/3/#post921871
link to original post

You missed the joke.....
EvenBob
EvenBob
March 28th, 2024 at 7:57:54 AM permalink

link to original post

He's a Kennedy, a name that is synonymous with the Democrat Party. Of course he'll be nominated by the Democrats, who else have they got for 28. Kennedy and everybody else knows that usually after 8 years of one president we switch parties. I believe he thinks he can sabotage any chance Joe Biden has so in 2028 people will want to replace a republican with a Democrat. He knows if Biden wins he will never have a chance in 2028. This is all just a chess game to these people.
TigerWu
TigerWu
March 28th, 2024 at 9:23:58 AM permalink

link to original post

He's a Kennedy, a name that is synonymous with the Democrat Party. Of course he'll be nominated by the Democrats, who else have they got for 28. Kennedy and everybody else knows that usually after 8 years of one president we switch parties. I believe he thinks he can sabotage any chance Joe Biden has so in 2028 people will want to replace a republican with a Democrat. He knows if Biden wins he will never have a chance in 2028. This is all just a chess game to these people.
link to original post

LOL It sounds like you more than anyone want Kennedy to be President. We're pretty far out, but here's who's being talked about for a 2028 run for the Democrats. I don't see RFK Jr on that list anywhere.

But this is getting off the top of election betting. I tried googling to see if there were any odds up for 2028 yet, but I didn't find anything.
EvenBob
EvenBob
March 28th, 2024 at 10:52:20 AM permalink

link to original post

link to original post

LOL It sounds like you more than anyone want Kennedy to be President. We're pretty far out, but here's who's being talked about for a 2028 run for the Democrats. I don't see RFK Jr on that list anywhere.

But this is getting off the top of election betting. I tried googling to see if there were any odds up for 2028 yet, but I didn't find anything.
link to original post

Looking at the list you posted for 28 there's nobody on there that would have a chance of beating Kennedy. It's why he's polling at 13% which is only going to go up. Kennedy has something you cannot buy for any amount of money, family name recognition. Everybody in the United States knows who he is, the voters anyway. It's the big reason Trump won in 16, absolutely everybody knew who he was. It's the reason Ramaswami visited all 50 states, so when he runs in 28 people know who he is. It's a giant chess game and you have to plan your moves years in advance.
TigerWu
TigerWu
March 28th, 2024 at 12:03:14 PM permalink

Looking at the list you posted for 28 there's nobody on there that would have a chance of beating Kennedy. It's why he's polling at 13% which is only going to go up. Kennedy has something you cannot buy for any amount of money, family name recognition. Everybody in the United States knows who he is, the voters anyway. It's the big reason Trump won in 16, absolutely everybody knew who he was. It's the reason Ramaswami visited all 50 states, so when he runs in 28 people know who he is. It's a giant chess game and you have to plan your moves years in advance.
link to original post

Well, it sounds like he definitely has your vote. Good luck with that.
EvenBob
EvenBob
March 28th, 2024 at 2:46:26 PM permalink

link to original post

Not hardly, I just think he has a good chance of being the Democrat choice in 28.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
March 28th, 2024 at 8:12:40 PM permalink

link to original post

Not hardly, I just think he has a good chance of being the Democrat choice in 28.
link to original post

Forgetting the political part of his candidacy, which I think is more than enough to not find enough Democrats to support him, he’ll be 75 if inaugurated in 2029. I believe the country is already tired of the doddering elderly as choices for President. Some younger person should emerge as an alternative to the septuagenarians and octogenarians we are now being fed.

It’s too bad you don’t bet here. I’d love to get as much money down on ‘no RFK Jr. as Democrat nominee’ as you could afford to lose.
terapined
terapined
March 28th, 2024 at 8:41:39 PM permalink

link to original post

link to original post

Forgetting the political part of his candidacy, which I think is more than enough to not find enough Democrats to support him, he’ll be 75 if inaugurated in 2029. I believe the country is already tired of the doddering elderly as choices for President. Some younger person should emerge as an alternative to the septuagenarians and octogenarians we are now being fed.

It’s too bad you don’t bet here. I’d love to get as much money down on ‘no RFK Jr. as Democrat nominee’ as you could afford to lose.
link to original post

If you are an elderly senior citizen, yea, the name Kennedy resonates.
Most voters, the Kennedy name is meaningless
Especially 2028 when just about anybody that remembers JFK or RFK are in a nursing home if they havent passed away already.
The Kennedy era is ancient history
In the age of the internet, RFK jr is already labeled an extremist clown
Stuff like that doesnt wash off easy
EvenBob
EvenBob
March 28th, 2024 at 9:38:06 PM permalink

link to original post

Because financial transactions usually work out so well on the internet. Just ask Mission. Where the heck is he, by the way. Oh, that's right.

Never mind..
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
March 29th, 2024 at 2:34:00 AM permalink

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

Seems a fair line for that is about -20000.
TigerWu
TigerWu
March 29th, 2024 at 6:16:10 AM permalink
EvenBob was absolutely convinced that Hillary Clinton would be the 2020 Democrat nominee, too. He doesn't have the greatest track record with these kinds of predictions.
terapined
terapined
March 29th, 2024 at 7:03:47 AM permalink

EvenBob was absolutely convinced that Hillary Clinton would be the 2020 Democrat nominee, too. He doesn't have the greatest track record with these kinds of predictions.
link to original post

According to him
Trump won in 2020
That says a lot :-)
TigerWu
TigerWu
March 29th, 2024 at 7:38:14 AM permalink
So I was just looking back at the 2020 election odds, and Trump was leading Biden by about what he is now, around this same time. Then June 2020 hits and there's a massive reversal in odds that Trump never recovers from. I wonder if we'll see anything like that happen this year.
terapined
terapined
March 29th, 2024 at 8:12:22 AM permalink

So I was just looking back at the 2020 election odds, and Trump was leading Biden by about what he is now, around this same time. Then June 2020 hits and there's a massive reversal in odds that Trump never recovers from. I wonder if we'll see anything like that happen this year.
link to original post

The more the republican party ignores the abortion issue
The odds will slowly but surely shift to Dems in all competitive races
The religious right demanding a ban on mifepristone or a national abortion ban will accelerate the odds in the Dems favor
Gialmere
Gialmere
  • Threads: 44
March 29th, 2024 at 8:23:03 AM permalink
Kennedy has received a small bump with punters. He has leaped past both Newsome and Harris in the betting but still trails Obama, who herself is down more that 50% from her highs.

Meanwhile, super PACs on both the left and right are releasing ads attacking Kennedy. It must be an interesting challenge to write such an ad. The game is to make him look utterly repulsive to your own base while simultaneously make him appear an attractive and viable alternative to the other side's base.
Have you tried 22 tonight? I said 22.
  • Jump to: