Thread Rating:

mcallister3200
mcallister3200
  • Threads: 17
September 20th, 2023 at 11:57:08 AM permalink
Me thinks anything to do with children is likely outside of Duff's knowledge zone, doesn't seem like that's ever stopped him before though.
gordonm888
Administrator
gordonm888
  • Threads: 60
September 20th, 2023 at 12:11:11 PM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

Quote: MichaelBluejay

(All of the following is objective information, I am not voicing political opinions.)

According to KFF polls, about one-third of Americans believe:

• COVID vaccines have caused thousands of deaths
• Ivermectin is an effective treatment for COVID
• Sex education that includes info about contraception increases the chances that teens will become sexually active

Also, about 1/3 of Americans say they trust Fox News "a lot" for health information. Those who watch Fox, Newsmax, and OANN are more likely to believe misinformation.

And since dying from gunshot wounds is a health issue, the polling also looked at and found:

• 60% believe armed school guards have been effective in preventing school shootings
• 43% believe most gun homicides in the U.S. are gang-related
• 42% believe people who have a gun at home are less likely to be killed by a gun vs. those who don't have a gun at home

The groups which are more likely to believe misinformation:

• No college degree
• Republicans
• Independents
• Viewers of Fox, Newsmax, and OANN
link to original post

How is anything here not regarding Covid not hijacking? What does sex education have to do with Covid?
link to original post

I've let this go because it's been a fairly intellectual discussion, because no one has complained and because no one wants moderators to be controlling everything. However, I agree with AZ that this has gone off-topic, particularly the MichaelBluejay post above, which wanders needlessly into emotionally charged and controversial subjects and into making statements about Republicans.

Warning to MichaelBluejay, and, in general to everyone else: Please stay away from political speech and remember that this is a discussion about Covid, with an intended emphasis on understanding the statistics of Covid contagion.
So many better men, a few of them friends, are dead. And a thousand thousand slimy things live on, and so do I.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 240
September 20th, 2023 at 12:11:50 PM permalink
Quote: TigerWu

In many jurisdictions it is against the law for children under a certain age/height/weight to sit in the front seat.
link to original post

A nanny state thing that started in the 1980s. Before that it was no big deal, same as riding in a pickup truck bed. We didn't used to worry about these thinks before the boomers had kids.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
TigerWu
TigerWu
  • Threads: 26
September 20th, 2023 at 12:20:56 PM permalink

A nanny state thing that started in the 1980s. Before that it was no big deal, same as riding in a pickup truck bed. We didn't used to worry about these thinks before the boomers had kids.
link to original post

LOL

"How DARE you try to keep me and my family safe?!?"
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
September 20th, 2023 at 12:33:12 PM permalink

link to original post

LOL

link to original post

How am I trying to keep you from keeping your family safe? What am I stopping you from doing? Get a vax a day for all I care.
TigerWu
TigerWu
September 20th, 2023 at 12:37:31 PM permalink

link to original post

LOL

link to original post

How am I trying to keep you from keeping your family safe? What am I stopping you from doing? Get a vax a day for all I care.
link to original post

woosh

I'm making fun of you for complaining about safety laws.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
September 20th, 2023 at 12:49:27 PM permalink

link to original post

LOL

link to original post

link to original post

woosh

link to original post

You need a law to tell you to do safe things? I see the problem.
billryan
billryan
September 20th, 2023 at 12:53:26 PM permalink

link to original post

LOL

link to original post

link to original post

woosh

link to original post

link to original post

You really don't, but that's okay.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
TigerWu
TigerWu
September 20th, 2023 at 1:00:36 PM permalink

link to original post

I don't, but you do.... you're the one who just admitted to doing unsafe things in motor vehicles when you were a kid, not me.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
September 20th, 2023 at 1:03:07 PM permalink

link to original post

I don't, but you do.... you're the one who just admitted to doing unsafe things in motor vehicles when you were a kid, not me.
link to original post

And made it thru safe and sound. No law needed.
tuttigym
tuttigym
  • Threads: 10
Thanked by
AZDuffmanSOOPOO
September 20th, 2023 at 1:03:41 PM permalink

(All of the following is objective information, I am not voicing political opinions.)

• Sex education that includes info about contraception increases the chances that teens will become sexually active

Also, about 1/3 of Americans say they trust Fox News "a lot" for health information. Those who watch Fox, Newsmax, and OANN are more likely to believe misinformation.

And since dying from gunshot wounds is a health issue, the polling also looked at and found:

• 60% believe armed school guards have been effective in preventing school shootings
• 42% believe people who have a gun at home are less likely to be killed by a gun vs. those who don't have a gun at home

• No college degree
• Republicans
• Independents
link to original post

Hey MBJ, before citing the misinformation above why not check the source? The Board of Trustees of KFF are all flaming liberals and so are the "reporters." Their agenda is to neutralize the right with their highly biased "polling." You know, kinda like your own personal agenda.

tuttigym
TigerWu
TigerWu
Thanked by
MichaelBluejay
September 20th, 2023 at 1:09:17 PM permalink

And made it thru safe and sound. No law needed.
link to original post

GenoDRPh
GenoDRPh
  • Threads: 5
September 20th, 2023 at 1:25:45 PM permalink

Quote: rawtuff

I have yet to meet one anti-vaxer. Anybody I know who did not get it is fine with you getting one and has no care to ban the vax.
link to original post

But they're not getting it themselves because...?
If it's not because of legitimate contraindications/legal status/recent c19 illness you've got an antivaxer.
link to original post

As to myself and most people I have known because we feel it was rushed out and do not know of any long term side effects. We have seen and heard of other "miracle meds" that later had caused problems and do not want to chance it over being sick for a few days. Other people may have other concerns, but that is mine and several people I know. Ask around if you need a bigger sample size.

This same group tends to be skeptics of most things being pushed, from global warming to whatever the latest food scare is (e.g.: fats, gluten, etc.) We don;t buy in simply because the infobabe on TV told us about it. We want to see more and actual proof. And it had better be actual proof.

To me the biggest proof is how the people who got the vax say I need to get it so they do not get sick. Now, if it works as advertised, why do they keep saying this?
link to original post

We've had experience with the COVID jabs since Jan 2021. It is now Sept 2023. There have been multiple studies in the peer reviewed literature attesting to both safety and effectiveness of the jab. How much more "more and actual proof"do you need?
GenoDRPh
GenoDRPh
Thanked by
OnceDear
September 20th, 2023 at 1:29:50 PM permalink
Quote: OnceDear

Just curious....

Over in the US, are Covid Vaccines still 'effectively' free or very low cost to the end user? How often?

And what of test kits?

Situation in the UK is that eligible persons, including the elderly and immune compromised will get free covid vaccination in the next month or so and every six months. Take up is very high. That's about 2/7 of the population.

Tests are free to NHS staff and some carers but for most of us they cost about $2 each, over the counter at pharmacies. Many of us have a few stockpiled from when they were free to all.
link to original post

https://www.cnn.com/2023/09/20/health/free-covid-tests-kits-us-government/index.html
TigerWu
TigerWu
Thanked by
ams288
September 20th, 2023 at 1:31:11 PM permalink
Quote: GenoDRPh

We've had experience with the COVID jabs since Jan 2021. It is now Sept 2023. There have been multiple studies in the peer reviewed literature attesting to both safety and effectiveness of the jab. How much more "more and actual proof"do you need?
link to original post

Doesn't matter. People like AZD will always move the goalposts.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
Thanked by
RogerKint
September 20th, 2023 at 1:44:46 PM permalink

I have yet to meet one anti-vaxer. Anybody I know who did not get it is fine with you getting one and has no care to ban the vax.
link to original post

If it's not because of legitimate contraindications/legal status/recent c19 illness you've got an antivaxer.
link to original post

As to myself and most people I have known because we feel it was rushed out and do not know of any long term side effects. We have seen and heard of other "miracle meds" that later had caused problems and do not want to chance it over being sick for a few days. Other people may have other concerns, but that is mine and several people I know. Ask around if you need a bigger sample size.

This same group tends to be skeptics of most things being pushed, from global warming to whatever the latest food scare is (e.g.: fats, gluten, etc.) We don;t buy in simply because the infobabe on TV told us about it. We want to see more and actual proof. And it had better be actual proof.

To me the biggest proof is how the people who got the vax say I need to get it so they do not get sick. Now, if it works as advertised, why do they keep saying this?
link to original post

link to original post

Multiple years of safe use. But meanwhile I have not gotten it and have had no problems. Everyone I know that did catch it since the vax had the vax,

Bottom line is my body, my choice. Nothing about it affects anyone else least of all you. Why do you and the other vaxers here care so much about those of us who decide to forego it? I just do not get that.
TigerWu
TigerWu
September 20th, 2023 at 1:56:03 PM permalink

Why do you and the other vaxers here care so much about those of us who decide to forego it? I just do not get that.
link to original post

I don't think they're criticizing your not getting the vaccine, they're criticizing your stupid borderline-conspiracy-theory logic for why you haven't gotten it.
tuttigym
tuttigym
Thanked by
RogerKint
September 20th, 2023 at 2:33:35 PM permalink

Why do you and the other vaxers here care so much about those of us who decide to forego it? I just do not get that.
link to original post

I don't think they're criticizing your not getting the vaccine, they're criticizing your stupid borderline-conspiracy-theory logic for why you haven't gotten it.
link to original post

You know Tiger, I have posted this before, billions of folks have not been vaxed AND have not been infected. They, like myself, have a natural immunity. Your focus as well as your world view is narrow to the point where your opinions come up short of reality.

tuttigym
TigerWu
TigerWu
September 20th, 2023 at 2:39:09 PM permalink
Quote: tuttigym

You know Tiger, I have posted this before, billions of folks have not been vaxed AND have not been infected. They, like myself, have a natural immunity. Your focus as well as your world view is narrow to the point where your opinions come up short of reality.
tuttigym
link to original post

I have never disputed the fact that billions of people have not been vaxed and not been infected. I agree with that objective fact, so I'm not sure what you're talking about here.
tuttigym
tuttigym
Thanked by
RogerKint
September 20th, 2023 at 2:42:26 PM permalink

link to original post

link to original post

So, what is this? Why does anyone have to "explain" themselves?

tuttigym
TigerWu
TigerWu
September 20th, 2023 at 2:48:01 PM permalink

link to original post

link to original post

So, what is this? Why does anyone have to "explain" themselves?

tuttigym
link to original post

They don't. I never asked anyone to "explain" anything about why they did or didn't get the vaccine. AZ voluntary disclosed his beliefs about the vaccine, and I criticized them. On the other hand, EB said he didn't get the vaccine either, but I don't believe he said why he didn't. I don't care why he didn't, I never asked him, and I'm not going to. If he chooses to explain why he didn't, then I might have some criticisms, but until then, I don't care.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
September 20th, 2023 at 2:56:38 PM permalink

link to original post

link to original post

Being cautious about a brand new vaccine is about a conspiracy theory? How?

Now, I have indeed pointed out how this whole virus scare shows how human behavior works. But that is not a conspiracy theory, that is observation and actually seeing how things happen. I'll say it again, the virus does not scare me, how people reacted to all this is what is scary.
GenoDRPh
GenoDRPh
Thanked by
MichaelBluejay
September 20th, 2023 at 3:00:07 PM permalink

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

Multiple years of safe use. But meanwhile I have not gotten it and have had no problems. Everyone I know that did catch it since the vax had the vax,

Bottom line is my body, my choice. Nothing about it affects anyone else least of all you. Why do you and the other vaxers here care so much about those of us who decide to forego it? I just do not get that.
link to original post

Multiple years of safe use is absurd. As well, we are coming up on 2 years of safe and effective use. How many more years meets the Duff's standards for "multiple"?

Your sample size of one is not informative, as is the statement implying the vax is useless.

COVID-19 is a deadly, easily transmittable respiratory disease for which humans had no natural or innate immunity. COVID-19 is several orders of magnitude more infectious and more deadly than influenza, and still has an Ro value above 1. It poses a serious risk to the public health.

So, yes, amigo. Everything about your decision to refuse the jab affects everyone else. That's why we care that everyone gets vaccinated if they can. Don't want the vax, even for stupid imbecilic reasons? Fine. That's your choice. But choices have consequences.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
September 20th, 2023 at 3:11:04 PM permalink

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

Multiple years of safe use is absurd. As well, we are coming up on 2 years of safe and effective use. How many more years meets the Duff's standards for "multiple"?

Your sample size of one is not informative, as is the statement implying the vax is useless.

COVID-19 is a deadly, easily transmittable respiratory disease for which humans had no natural or innate immunity. COVID-19 is several orders of magnitude more infectious and more deadly than influenza, and still has an Ro value above 1. It poses a serious risk to the public health.

So, yes, amigo. Everything about your decision to refuse the jab affects everyone else. That's why we care that everyone gets vaccinated if they can. Don't want the vax, even for stupid imbecilic reasons? Fine. That's your choice. But choices have consequences.
link to original post

How long? 5-10 years. Now, here is the thing. We keep getting told we need more and more boosters. That we may never have to stop. That kind of thing gets my radar up. We were told to get it 2 years ago, now told that version is no good. See what I am getting at?

I never said my sample size is projectable nor have I said the vax is "useless." If I were in a higher risk group I might get it. As to the consequences well they are all on me. I will be the one who gets sick if I get it. Meanwhile the reaction of the vaxers is telling to me. Scary, actually. It has taught me much about human behavior, though as an individual I wll not be able to do anything with what I have learned.
GenoDRPh
GenoDRPh
September 20th, 2023 at 3:21:35 PM permalink

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

How long? 5-10 years. Now, here is the thing. We keep getting told we need more and more boosters. That we may never have to stop. That kind of thing gets my radar up. We were told to get it 2 years ago, now told that version is no good. See what I am getting at?

I never said my sample size is projectable nor have I said the vax is "useless." If I were in a higher risk group I might get it. As to the consequences well they are all on me. I will be the one who gets sick if I get it. Meanwhile the reaction of the vaxers is telling to me. Scary, actually. It has taught me much about human behavior, though as an individual I wll not be able to do anything with what I have learned.
link to original post

We need more and more boosters because (a) the virus keeps changing, so previous immunity is less effective and (b) the immunity wanes over time. Same thing with yearly flu vaccine. Don't know why this is so hard to understand.
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
Thanked by
OnceDear
September 20th, 2023 at 3:36:50 PM permalink

• No college degree
• Republicans
• Independents
link to original post

How is anything here not regarding Covid not hijacking? What does sex education have to do with Covid?
link to original post

Not only that are we allowed to discuss all that stuff here? I thought that was verboten
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
September 20th, 2023 at 3:39:05 PM permalink

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

We need more and more boosters because (a) the virus keeps changing, so previous immunity is less effective and (b) the immunity wanes over time. Same thing with yearly flu vaccine. Don't know why this is so hard to understand.
link to original post

I don't do the flu shots either. Again, maybe when I hit a high risk group. I'd rather not pump up with that stuff.
EvenBob
EvenBob
September 20th, 2023 at 3:40:52 PM permalink
I did not get vaxxed and still will not because in 2021 my brother was admitted to a nursing home so I came in contact with a bunch of different Healthcare people up and down the line. Doctors nurses Healthcare specialists and I asked every single one of them and they all said the same thing that they were not getting the vaccine because they were not going to put something in their body that had not been vetted for a long enough time. Well that changed because a lot of them had to do it to keep their jobs but even my veterinarian said she wasn't going to do it because she said she had decades of experience with vaccines and she wanted nothing to do with it.
ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 22
September 20th, 2023 at 5:04:41 PM permalink
Someone ask Duffman how many weeks he’s spent stuck in a hospital bed in the past two years. The answer may surprise you.
Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
mcallister3200
mcallister3200
  • Threads: 17
Thanked by
ams288
September 20th, 2023 at 5:07:18 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

I did not get vaxxed and still will not because in 2021 my brother was admitted to a nursing home so I came in contact with a bunch of different Healthcare people up and down the line. Doctors nurses Healthcare specialists and I asked every single one of them and they all said the same thing that they were not getting the vaccine because they were not going to put something in their body that had not been vetted for a long enough time. Well that changed because a lot of them had to do it to keep their jobs but even my veterinarian said she wasn't going to do it because she said she had decades of experience with vaccines and she wanted nothing to do with it.
link to original post

I’ll take things that never happened for 1000, Alex. I believe you that you’re not going to get it in 2021 though!

Congrats, I’m sure you’ll get what you were going for with that post though.
gordonm888
Administrator
gordonm888
September 20th, 2023 at 5:11:20 PM permalink

• No college degree
• Republicans
• Independents
link to original post

Hey MBJ, before citing the misinformation above why not check the source? The Board of Trustees of KFF are all flaming liberals and so are the "reporters." Their agenda is to neutralize the right with their highly biased "polling." You know, kinda like your own personal agenda.

tuttigym
link to original post

2nd Warning: tuttigym, and everyone else: the above post was political speech, e.g., the phrase "flaming liberals," and is also close to crossing the line as a personal attack. The same thoughts (whether they are right or wrong) could have been expressed as "the poll lacks integrity, reportedly, it is motivated by political partisans for use as partisan propaganda" without using "flaming liberals" and other provocative terms.

I have been granting leniency, but I am receiving complaints and I am about ready to start suspending people. The topic is Covid, and political speech and personal attacks will be reviewed and acted on.
So many better men, a few of them friends, are dead. And a thousand thousand slimy things live on, and so do I.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
September 20th, 2023 at 5:18:01 PM permalink
Quote: gordonm888

• No college degree
• Republicans
• Independents
link to original post

tuttigym
link to original post

2nd Warning: tuttigym, and everyone else: the above post was political speech, e.g., the phrase "flaming liberals," and is also close to crossing the line as a personal attack. The same thoughts (whether they are right or wrong) could have been expressed as "the poll lacks integrity, reportedly, it is motivated by political partisans for use as partisan propaganda" without using "flaming liberals" and other provocative terms.

I have been granting leniency, but I am receiving complaints and I am about ready to start suspending people. The topic is Covid, and political speech and personal attacks will be reviewed and acted on.

link to original post

What about the post it was replying to mentionng politics?
Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
  • Threads: 16
September 20th, 2023 at 5:19:44 PM permalink

After having major chest cracking surgery, for instance - I was warned not to ride in the front, because an airbag exploding at me could do more damage than usual. Backseats are preferred.
(I just chose not to get into an airbag deployment event. Cautious driving also saved being rattled to pieces by potholes.)

However, I have to side with Gordon - there seems to be a lot of personal argument going on, and it is rather beginning to outstrip the thoughtful discussion.

Watch it.
May the cards fall in your favor.
gordonm888
Administrator
gordonm888
September 20th, 2023 at 5:30:44 PM permalink

• No college degree
• Republicans
• Independents
link to original post

tuttigym
link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

For Pete's sake, I have already objected to that first post in my first Warning here First warning. Stop pointing fingers at each other, you're embarrassing yourselves.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
September 20th, 2023 at 5:47:33 PM permalink

• No college degree
• Republicans
• Independents
link to original post

tuttigym
link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

For Pete's sake, I have already objected to that first post in my first Warning here First warning. Stop pointing fingers at each other, you're embarrassing yourselves.
link to original post

Open apology didn’t see first warning.
tuttigym
tuttigym
September 20th, 2023 at 6:01:54 PM permalink

link to original post

Thanks for the warning. I shall dial it back.

There is lots of misinformation around and credibility is important.

tuttigym
Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
  • Threads: 16
September 20th, 2023 at 6:23:15 PM permalink

link to original post

Thanks for the warning. I shall dial it back.

There is lots of misinformation around and credibility is important.

tuttigym
link to original post

Understood.

This thread is supposed to be about math.
May the cards fall in your favor.
ChumpChange
ChumpChange
  • Threads: 111
September 20th, 2023 at 8:09:19 PM permalink
RTX: Eric Feigl-Ding @DrEricDing 4:07 PM · Sep 20, 2023
AMAZING—The US government will relaunch a program to provide free #COVID19 home tests starting Monday September 25th, 2023. Officials say the tests are able to detect the latest variants. In other words, the US govt admits that #CovidIsNotOver.

The return of the free testing program comes after Americans navigated the latest uptick in covid cases with free testing no longer widely available. The largest insurance companies stopped reimbursing the costs of retail at-home testing once the requirement to do so ended with the public health emergency in May.

Experts say free #COVID testing proved to be an effective public health tool, allowing people to check their status before attending large gatherings or spending time with older or medically vulnerable people at risk of severe disease even after being vaccinated. It also enables people to start antiviral treatments in the early days of infection to prevent severe disease.
Another poster wrote that pharmacies are charging $200-$300 per vaccine with one charging $312. That'd be over $1200 per family of four. Some insurances are not covering the new vaccines yet.
Last edited by: ChumpChange on Sep 20, 2023
rawtuff
rawtuff
  • Threads: 2
September 20th, 2023 at 10:24:49 PM permalink

As to the consequences well they are all on me.
link to original post

This has been discussed many times at many a places but it still feels it's downplayed or misunderstood by many.
The consequences aren't all on you. The people who are being irrationally overconcerned about vaccination and refusing to get it can and have put an enormous and unnecessary pressure on the health care system when they are in the millions and in times of raging pandemic.
Getting severely ill and hospitalized in disproportionately high rates, they take medical resources and personnel away from the rest of the patients making it harder or impossible to address the needs of the chronically ill, scheduled interventions or checks or other victims of the virus or other health emergency. While it all could have been avoided or at least minimized if mass vaccination was their choice.
And about the airbags analogy - yeah it's not unheard of deployment to injure or kill a passenger, but it happens in what 1/1000 cases? And the rest of the 999 it actually saves you from crushing your head in? Same logic with the vaccines except if you remove your airbags the consequences are indeed mostly on you alone.
Tits are good, but the most important thing is the soul.
EvenBob
EvenBob
September 20th, 2023 at 11:33:16 PM permalink

The consequences aren't all on you. The people who are being irrationally overconcerned about vaccination and refusing to get it can and have put an enormous and unnecessary pressure on the health care system when they are in the millions and in times of raging pandemic.
link to original post

Yes it's a real pity we can't all be in lockstep with big Pharma and big government and just do exactly what Big Brother wants us to do. Such a pity we still live in a free society where we have personal choice. Such a pity. I will never get vaccinated, the last time I did was in 1955 where I had a polio vaccine forced on me. And here I am still alive at 74 years old. Amazing, huh.. LOL
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
September 21st, 2023 at 2:47:46 AM permalink

link to original post

Getting severely ill and hospitalized in disproportionately high rates, they take medical resources and personnel away from the rest of the patients making it harder or impossible to address the needs of the chronically ill, scheduled interventions or checks or other victims of the virus or other health emergency. While it all could have been avoided or at least minimized if mass vaccination was their choice.
link to original post

The problem with this is that we have not seen massive numbers of unvaxed folks taking up resources. No rooms full or people in iron lungs like when polio was still out there. Meanwhile we are told the vax does not prevent covid just makes the symptoms lesser.

Really this comes down to some of us are justified skeptics and others are born conformists. As for myself I have seen too much from the inside to trust business or government. I cannot speak for EB but my guess is he saw so much of the bad side of human nature when he owned his bar to trust things. Meanwhile, others here were taught that to conform is to be a good citizen so by gosh conform. This is why we see the same divides on other issues which I will not name to avoid going off topic.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 212
September 21st, 2023 at 5:09:12 AM permalink

link to original post

link to original post

The problem with this is that we have not seen massive numbers of unvaxed folks taking up resources. No rooms full or people in iron lungs like when polio was still out there. Meanwhile we are told the vax does not prevent covid just makes the symptoms lesser.

Really this comes down to some of us are justified skeptics and others are born conformists. As for myself I have seen too much from the inside to trust business or government. I cannot speak for EB but my guess is he saw so much of the bad side of human nature when he owned his bar to trust things. Meanwhile, others here were taught that to conform is to be a good citizen so by gosh conform. This is why we see the same divides on other issues which I will not name to avoid going off topic.
link to original post

Sorry to break it to you, but you just conform to the same alternate view as a significant number of people like you. It's conformity all over again.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
TigerWu
TigerWu
September 21st, 2023 at 6:14:01 AM permalink

Yes it's a real pity we can't all be in lockstep with big Pharma and big government and just do exactly what Big Brother wants us to do. Such a pity we still live in a free society where we have personal choice. Such a pity.

We really need a forum rule about promoting conspiracy theories.

Quote:

I will never get vaccinated, the last time I did was in 1955 where I had a polio vaccine forced on me. And here I am still alive at 74 years old. Amazing, huh.. LOL
link to original post

Anybody want to guess what the logical fallacy at play here is?
GenoDRPh
GenoDRPh
Thanked by
ChumpChange
September 21st, 2023 at 7:13:43 AM permalink
Quote: ChumpChange

RTX: Eric Feigl-Ding @DrEricDing 4:07 PM · Sep 20, 2023
AMAZING—The US government will relaunch a program to provide free #COVID19 home tests starting Monday September 25th, 2023. Officials say the tests are able to detect the latest variants. In other words, the US govt admits that #CovidIsNotOver.

The return of the free testing program comes after Americans navigated the latest uptick in covid cases with free testing no longer widely available. The largest insurance companies stopped reimbursing the costs of retail at-home testing once the requirement to do so ended with the public health emergency in May.

Experts say free #COVID testing proved to be an effective public health tool, allowing people to check their status before attending large gatherings or spending time with older or medically vulnerable people at risk of severe disease even after being vaccinated. It also enables people to start antiviral treatments in the early days of infection to prevent severe disease.
Another poster wrote that pharmacies are charging $200-$300 per vaccine with one charging $312. That'd be over $1200 per family of four. Some insurances are not covering the new vaccines yet.
link to original post

Uncle Sam providing free vaccines to the underinsured, No need to pay.

https://www.cdc.gov/media/releases/2023/p0914-uninsured-vaccination.html
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 212
September 21st, 2023 at 7:45:17 AM permalink

Yes it's a real pity we can't all be in lockstep with big Pharma and big government and just do exactly what Big Brother wants us to do. Such a pity we still live in a free society where we have personal choice. Such a pity.

Quote:

I will never get vaccinated, the last time I did was in 1955 where I had a polio vaccine forced on me. And here I am still alive at 74 years old. Amazing, huh.. LOL
link to original post

link to original post

The undead counting themselves among the living?
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
EvenBob
EvenBob
September 21st, 2023 at 7:58:18 AM permalink
Quote: rxwine

Quote:

link to original post

link to original post

The undead counting themselves among the living?
link to original post

I got covid unvaccinated and lived through it. My brother was in a nursing home for 2 years unvaccinated got it three times and he's still around. Gee how is that possible..
TigerWu
TigerWu
September 21st, 2023 at 8:01:16 AM permalink

I got covid unvaccinated and lived through it. My brother was in a nursing home for 2 years unvaccinated got it three times and he's still around. Gee how is that possible..
link to original post

Gee, maybe it's possible because Covid-19 has an extremely high survival rate, with or without a vaccine.
EvenBob
EvenBob
September 21st, 2023 at 8:31:37 AM permalink

link to original post

Gee, maybe it's possible because Covid-19 has an extremely high survival rate, with or without a vaccine.
link to original post

Then why do we need a vaccine if it's so survivable. We don't, just like they're now probing that we don't need to get a flu vaccine every year. I always knew that was a giant scam.
TigerWu
TigerWu
September 21st, 2023 at 8:39:32 AM permalink

Then why do we need a vaccine if it's so survivable.

Why don't you ask your primary care physician? I'm sure he would be happy to enlighten you.
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 86
September 21st, 2023 at 10:44:04 AM permalink

Then why do we need a vaccine if it's so survivable.

Why don't you ask your primary care physician? I'm sure he would be happy to enlighten you.
link to original post

Do people still have primary care physicians? i don't think that I have had one since I was a child. My primary care physician seems to be the surgeon on duty at the emergency room.
At my age, a "Life In Prison" sentence is not much of a deterrent.
  • Jump to: