Thread Rating:

rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 209
April 12th, 2020 at 5:02:59 PM permalink
Quote: gordonm888

Millimeter waves used in 5g are completely absorbed by tissue but only penetrate to about 0.5 mm.

I couldn't find an answer on google whether skin cancer can start from the surface of the skin. I know cancer can generally start almost anywhere though.

Edit - generally wherever there is cell division I imagine.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
DeMango
DeMango
  • Threads: 36
April 12th, 2020 at 5:26:39 PM permalink
Here is a relevant math question. I am interested in state by state daily numbers, new cases, deaths, to measure the curves locally. Which site had reliable data?
When a rock is thrown into a pack of dogs, the one that yells the loudest is the one who got hit.
LuckyPhow
LuckyPhow
  • Threads: 55
April 12th, 2020 at 5:53:44 PM permalink
Quote: darkoz

Well I will take your word since you lay out good credentials

But the current theory is Coronavirus is a product of the 5G towers. You aren't endorsing that, correct?

Whoops! DO, did I miss the post where you give references to document the current theory?

5G effects killing single-cell life? Hard to believe, but I dunno. Like DO, I'll take Gordon's word. A link or two would sure be great. The news is all over both sides, as far as I can tell.

My latest horror moment came from the recent reports of research suggesting an imminent collapse of all life in the ocean. I couldn't find the story I saw a few days earlier, but here's a Guardian story on the subject. The now-missing story commented that recent research in the field shows greater acidification and higher temperatures than predicted by rosier environmental models, and accelerating fast enough to trigger the collapse within a decade.

Quote: Ocean Climate Chaos

...{W}e are rapidly reaching the limits of the oceans’ absorptive capacity as our pillage of marine life is disrupting vital ecosystems and the natural carbon cycle.

Seems I saw stories recently about bird populations declining in Britain, like 60% in a few years (cannot recall exact percent). Amphibians dying everywhere. Invasive plant species invading as suitable habitats change.

Did we really go and break the whole doggone world? Is Humpty-Dumpty so shattered that all the Kings' horses and all the Queens' men cannot set it to rights? To me, it looks that way more and more. If that's the case, we better not forget that the pandemic is only one of an (apparently) increasing number of earth-shattering problems. That is, if we can first end the pandemic.
ChumpChange
ChumpChange
  • Threads: 111
Thanked by
LuckyPhow
April 12th, 2020 at 6:33:14 PM permalink
Is 5G Safe? | New Side Street Cell Towers - Radiation Analysis ⚠️ - YouTube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akR3erL1M0I&feature=emb_logo

Analysing the Dangerous 5G VIRUS "WEAPON SYSTEM" - Anthony Steele EXPOSED! - YouTube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HM_aUduXK-U

Microwave radiation from cell tower measured by EMF meter - YouTube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Ewv3uXg250

How Much Radiation Are You Getting From Your Phone? - YouTube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKRTyEWj-EA
darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 296
Thanked by
LuckyPhow
April 12th, 2020 at 6:38:20 PM permalink
Here Luckyphow

https://www.theverge.com/2020/4/6/21209363/uk-5g-towers-burning-coronavirus-conspiracy-theory-arson-attacks-carrier-response
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
unJon
unJon
  • Threads: 14
April 12th, 2020 at 6:42:33 PM permalink

Here Luckyphow

https://www.theverge.com/2020/4/6/21209363/uk-5g-towers-burning-coronavirus-conspiracy-theory-arson-attacks-carrier-response

That’s bats*#t insane. Crazy what some people will believe.
The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong; but that is the way to bet.
darkoz
darkoz
Thanked by
LuckyPhow
April 12th, 2020 at 6:59:55 PM permalink
Quote: unJon

That’s bats*#t insane. Crazy what some people will believe.

Yeah guys.

I have been Fielding multiple texts from friends and family asking me if it's true (I am honored to be a de facto myth debunker)

I was aware of these stories so assumed that was what Gordon was discussing when he mentioned 5g health concerns. This is a Covid thread after all

Perhaps I got a few conversations crossed.

Here is another story that explains two different Covid-19 5g theories

https://www.bbc.com/news/52168096
DeMango
DeMango
April 12th, 2020 at 7:11:36 PM permalink
Latest on VitalVegas on Twitter, a link to reason.com. Mortality rate in Germany .4%.
When a rock is thrown into a pack of dogs, the one that yells the loudest is the one who got hit.
jjjoooggg
jjjoooggg
  • Threads: 34
April 12th, 2020 at 7:15:30 PM permalink

Yeah guys.

I have been Fielding multiple texts from friends and family asking me if it's true (I am honored to be a de facto myth debunker)

I was aware of these stories so assumed that was what Gordon was discussing when he mentioned 5g health concerns. This is a Covid thread after all

Perhaps I got a few conversations crossed.

Here is another story that explains two different Covid-19 5g theories

https://www.bbc.com/news/52168096

I heard the 5g theory.

Idk what to say except. The coronavirus spreaded very quickly to islands like papua new guinea fiji island Caribbean islands. I dont see a 5g on those islands. But people fly around. To add more.

Some think a portion of the current vaccines may be infected. Which could explain so many confirmed single infections across the world. Live virus nasal vaccine was introduced in june 2003. Since the virus is live, it would be contagious until your body destroys it
Last edited by: jjjoooggg on Apr 12, 2020
Born in Texas and lived in Texas my whole life.
gordonm888
Administrator
gordonm888
  • Threads: 60
April 12th, 2020 at 10:53:09 PM permalink

Well I will take your word since you lay out good credentials

But the current theory is Coronavirus is a product of the 5G towers. You aren't endorsing that, correct?

No, I'm not, I don't see how that could be possible. But it is at least remotely possible that 5G waves might make transmission and infection of the virus (when airborne) a bit more efficient -not a shred of evidence from testing but at least its a hypothesis that cannot be instantly dismissed without someone thinking about it and perhaps studying it.
So many better men, a few of them friends, are dead. And a thousand thousand slimy things live on, and so do I.
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
  • Threads: 232
April 13th, 2020 at 4:25:23 AM permalink
the virus has given fresh meat to the haters
vicious, racist attacks on those with Asian heritage are occuring in the U.S.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/12/magazine/asian-american-discrimination-coronavirus.html
Please don't feed the trolls
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
April 13th, 2020 at 10:37:08 AM permalink
Quote: SanchoPanza

Then why are the supplemental hospitals so underused?

"'As of Friday, fewer than 100 of the more than 1,000 beds at the Javits Center were staffed by federal medical personnel, according to a spokesperson for the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.

As of Sunday, the Navy ship had treated about 40 patients, most of whom were recovering from emergency surgeries conducted at hospitals on land."
NPR

Both federal facilities were specifically designated as NON-Covid-19 facilities and only accepting tested-negative patients. That changed recently, as they were no help with the actual overflow. The local situation has leveled off to some extent, and anyone who has any hope of survival outside the hospitals is still not being admitted, with no routine procedures, or outpatient treatment, or home quarantine, instead.

Also, last week but not necessarily continuing now (not sure if they're still doing this) patients who "died" (like heart attacks, strokes, etc) and could not be immediately resuscitated on site, rather than being brought in to hospitals during active CPR/ventilation/life support (standard care), were being called dead in the field and taken to a morgue instead.

The supplementals you mention were also very late to the surge - had they accepted Covid patients from their first day operational, they would have many more patients now. It's logistics. That was a critical couple of weeks they didn't admit covids.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
Thanked by
SanchoPanza
April 13th, 2020 at 2:40:01 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

Thanks! Buttttt...... I'm not sure the WHO has a lot (or any?) credibility now!

I understand it never really did, on any topic. Too political.

NOTE
For those interested in concoctions, some people have taken Plague Water recipes from the 1700s and re-created them.

If you think of Leadbelly's Goodnight Irene, that Sweet Corney must have been good stuff for poor people living in swamps to take, but I can't find a reliable source for the recipe.
TumblingBones
TumblingBones
  • Threads: 29
April 13th, 2020 at 2:49:50 PM permalink
Quote: DeMango

Here is a relevant math question. I am interested in state by state daily numbers, new cases, deaths, to measure the curves locally. Which site had reliable data?

The New York Times is maintaining a dataset (https://github.com/nytimes/covid-19-data) with everything you're looking for. It gets updated daily.
My goal of being well informed conflicts with my goal of remaining sane.
jjjoooggg
jjjoooggg
April 14th, 2020 at 12:34:50 PM permalink
Most diseases are named after cities. I can think of 2 after countries, the Spanish flu and french pox. Both were incorrect of origin. Both were during wars.

USA originally thought the 2009 swine flu came from Asia. But later discovered it came from america.
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
April 14th, 2020 at 12:51:43 PM permalink
German measles.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
DeMango
DeMango
April 14th, 2020 at 2:05:12 PM permalink
Quote: jjjoooggg

Most diseases are named after cities. I can think of 2 after countries, the Spanish flu and french pox. Both were incorrect of origin. Both were during wars.

USA originally thought the 2009 swine flu came from Asia. But later discovered it came from america.

So we should have called it The Mexican Flu! (pig farm near Veracruz)
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
April 14th, 2020 at 6:11:46 PM permalink
Non
Quote: beachbumbabs

"'As of Friday, fewer than 100 of the more than 1,000 beds at the Javits Center were staffed by federal medical personnel, according to a spokesperson for the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.

As of Sunday, the Navy ship had treated about 40 patients, most of whom were recovering from emergency surgeries conducted at hospitals on land."
NPR

Both federal facilities were specifically designated as NON-Covid-19 facilities and only accepting tested-negative patients. That changed recently, as they were no help with the actual overflow. The local situation has leveled off to some extent, and anyone who has any hope of survival outside the hospitals is still not being admitted, with no routine procedures, or outpatient treatment, or home quarantine, instead.

Also, last week but not necessarily continuing now (not sure if they're still doing this) patients who "died" (like heart attacks, strokes, etc) and could not be immediately resuscitated on site, rather than being brought in to hospitals during active CPR/ventilation/life support (standard care), were being called dead in the field and taken to a morgue instead.

The supplementals you mention were also very late to the surge - had they accepted Covid patients from their first day operational, they would have many more patients now. It's logistics. That was a critical couple of weeks they didn't admit covids.

None of that deals with the real news of the day: New York reported no new cases of Covid-19.
billryan
billryan
April 14th, 2020 at 6:21:12 PM permalink

Non

NPR

None of that deals with the real news of the day: New York reported no new cases of Covid-19.

I'm sure you have a source for this.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
April 14th, 2020 at 6:34:28 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

Non

NPR

More than the OP. "Morning Joe."
billryan
billryan
April 14th, 2020 at 6:45:43 PM permalink

Non

NPR

I've never understood people that repeat things they know aren't true.
DeMango
DeMango
April 14th, 2020 at 6:49:03 PM permalink

Go back a few weeks. Check your own posts about how many gonna die.
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
April 14th, 2020 at 7:15:57 PM permalink

They will surely be unsourced.
Last edited by: SanchoPanza on Apr 14, 2020
jjjoooggg
jjjoooggg
April 14th, 2020 at 7:19:26 PM permalink
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDe4AUT4DNg
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
April 14th, 2020 at 7:42:51 PM permalink

Quote:

Before accusing forum members of lying, it might be a good idea to check out what you plan to assert:
"As if to punctuate Cuomo’s statement, the numbers flashed on the screen then, attributed to NBC News: 196,583 CASES, 10,056 DEATHS, NO NEW CASES REPORTED TODAY."
billryan
billryan
Thanked by
tringlomane
April 15th, 2020 at 12:44:54 AM permalink

Please do. The numbers are pretty spot on. The 20,000th death came two days early.
billryan
billryan
Thanked by
tringlomane
April 15th, 2020 at 12:54:47 AM permalink

Before accusing forum members of lying, it might be a good idea to check out what you plan to assert:
"As if to punctuate Cuomo’s statement, the numbers flashed on the screen then, attributed to NBC News: 196,583 CASES, 10,056 DEATHS, NO NEW CASES REPORTED TODAY."

Your "source" was only off by about 7500. Thats pretty close.
ChumpChange
ChumpChange
  • Threads: 111
Thanked by
tringlomane
April 15th, 2020 at 1:23:29 AM permalink
When the report says NO NEW CASES TODAY check the timestamp, it's usually before 6AM or like 2AM.
Dalmatian
Dalmatian
  • Threads: 2
April 15th, 2020 at 7:55:25 AM permalink
I agree, the number infected is much higher than confirmed cases. That's why italy had so many deaths they have a lot more infected many 3 times as many confirmed cases.
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
  • Threads: 232
Thanked by
tringlomane
April 15th, 2020 at 8:31:16 AM permalink
New York has about a third of all the confirmed cases in then entire country
and about 43% of all deaths in the entire country are from New York
and about 73% of the deaths in New York are from NYC
NYC alone has about 31% of all of the deaths in the entire country
really, really shocking and horrible, horrible news for New Yorkers

and now, incredibly, field hospitals are being set up in Central Park

the image is from google yesterday, the numbers are a little different for today:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/15/nyregion/coronavirus-central-park-hospital-tent.html?action=click&module=Top%20Stories&pgtype=Homepage
Please don't feed the trolls
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
April 15th, 2020 at 8:49:24 AM permalink

Your "source" was only off by about 7500. Thats pretty close.

What is your source, or don't you need any?
darkoz
darkoz
Thanked by
tringlomane
April 15th, 2020 at 10:49:34 AM permalink
Quote: Keeneone

https://covid19tracker.health.ny.gov/views/NYS-COVID19-Tracker/NYSDOHCOVID-19Tracker-Map?%3Aembed=yes&%3Atoolbar=no&%3Atabs=n

Lol, as usual

Only off by 7,177
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 86
Thanked by
onenickelmiracleForagertringlomane
April 15th, 2020 at 2:27:20 PM permalink
I am getting to the point that I wish everybody would die so we don't have to hear anymore about this.
At my age, a "Life In Prison" sentence is not much of a deterrent.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
  • Threads: 212
April 15th, 2020 at 3:03:30 PM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

Learn that you have to be better prepared. The Depression generation prepped. They kept money for an emergency, and their pantries were full. They lived fairly frugal. They reused things and knew how to get by.

Some of the Baby Boomers saw this and emulated parts of it. They saw recessions every few years. They knew to "save up" if a known bad event like a strike was on the horizon. But over the years they drifted away from the good habits.

Those born after 1977 or so never saw real bad times, never saw a really bad recession. "The Great Recession" was not that at all compared to 1982, where 100 year old industries just collapsed. There was not 20% prime rates and 15% inflation.

I have been near broke but even then I always had some emergency money to bail me out. After a brush with BK I lived like a monk for years to get out of debt and get saved up. I still live like half a monk, keeping a modest home and car. The kids on some pods I worked on, I could not believe how they spent money. It came up once and a girl told me the general attitude was "if you are deep in student loan debt you live for today since it will be forever before you get ahead."

Those people had better have learned as I am sure she was among that group that could not handle a $400 emergency. Hopefully the masses will now start copy canning at the least, and putting $15 a week aside. In 3-4 years they will be in shape to last if this kind of thing happens again.

But alas, they will not learn. A few will of course. The rest will be buying lottery tickets instead of putting emergency funds aside and eating takeaway instead of learning to make their food dollar last.

Would you even like the world if everyone was like you? I don't think our society works with everyone being the same, everyone being afraid to spend any money. I'm not criticizing you or your habits, though they could be a little out of moderation. Just saying, you want people to be like you, but the world freezes when people are. I'm not sure how this can be dealt with.
I am a robot.
rxwine
rxwine
April 15th, 2020 at 4:34:16 PM permalink
Quote: DRich

I am getting to the point that I wish everybody would die so we don't have to hear anymore about this.

Is that the anger, depression or acceptance stage?
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
Keeneone
Keeneone
  • Threads: 21
April 15th, 2020 at 6:04:59 PM permalink

I would guess you are a fan of the late Don Rickles.

"Struggling is hard because you never know what's at the end of the tunnel."
DRickles
billryan
billryan
April 15th, 2020 at 6:13:50 PM permalink

DRickles

Does anyone remember an early 80s low budget movie where the main character wants to jump in front of a truck and end it all. He sees the headlights and jumps into the path but its two motorcycles, not a truck and they blow past him?
But I digress..
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 86
Thanked by
tringlomane
April 15th, 2020 at 6:38:52 PM permalink

DRickles

Actually, I could care less about what is at the end. I just want the end to happen.
At my age, a "Life In Prison" sentence is not much of a deterrent.
darkoz
darkoz
April 15th, 2020 at 6:44:49 PM permalink

Does anyone remember an early 80s low budget movie where the main character wants to jump in front of a truck and end it all. He sees the headlights and jumps into the path but its two motorcycles, not a truck and they blow past him?
But I digress..

Not "The End" with Burt Reynolds and Dom Deluise?
Keeneone
Keeneone
  • Threads: 21
April 15th, 2020 at 6:57:15 PM permalink

Actually, I could care less about what is at the end. I just want the end to happen.

----------

And to get back on track for the thread...
The Southern Nevada Health District has added some Covid-19 case information to its site. Including some maps. I found out I live in a bright red zip code.
https://www.southernnevadahealthdistrict.org/coronavirus#cases
darkoz
darkoz
Thanked by
tringlomane
April 15th, 2020 at 7:27:40 PM permalink

----------

And to get back on track for the thread...
The Southern Nevada Health District has added some Covid-19 case information to its site. Including some maps. I found out I live in a bright red zip code.
https://www.southernnevadahealthdistrict.org/coronavirus#cases

Yeah good point

Those quarantined and healthy are yelling this isn't affecting their health. Meanwhile many are only healthy because of the quarantine

Their neighbors are dying and they may not even be aware of it
rxwine
rxwine
April 15th, 2020 at 7:49:32 PM permalink

It's just more of the same.
billryan
billryan
April 15th, 2020 at 8:29:20 PM permalink

Not "The End" with Burt Reynolds and Dom Deluise?

I'm thinking it was a low budget indie.
billryan
billryan
April 15th, 2020 at 8:35:38 PM permalink
Looking at the map of cases, I don't understand the little red splotch in Henderson.
miplet
miplet
  • Threads: 5
April 15th, 2020 at 9:24:55 PM permalink

But I digress..

Better Off Dead
“Man Babes” #AxelFabulous
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
April 15th, 2020 at 11:00:18 PM permalink
NYT is reporting Disney is losing $30 mil
a DAY. Theme parks closed, cruise ships
docked, no ads on ESPN because no
sports, movies not getting made or
seen, everything Disney has come to
a stand still. Some are saying people
will stay away from theme parks in
droves this year and Disney will
close them for good.
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
  • Threads: 212
April 15th, 2020 at 11:54:35 PM permalink
Feels like the infections should be almost hard to find now, but we're still trucking. :(
i think a lot of people cheating to still have numbers so high.
Maybe not, just disappointed.
I am a robot.
darkoz
darkoz
Thanked by
tringlomane
April 16th, 2020 at 12:15:50 AM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

NYT is reporting Disney is losing $30 mil
a DAY. Theme parks closed, cruise ships
docked, no ads on ESPN because no
sports, movies not getting made or
seen, everything Disney has come to
a stand still. Some are saying people
will stay away from theme parks in
droves this year and Disney will
close them for good.

You said it's the end of Vegas

Now it's the end of Disney too?

You probably hope all entertainment ends
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
April 16th, 2020 at 4:07:47 AM permalink
Quote: onenickelmiracle

Would you even like the world if everyone was like you? I don't think our society works with everyone being the same, everyone being afraid to spend any money. I'm not criticizing you or your habits, though they could be a little out of moderation. Just saying, you want people to be like you, but the world freezes when people are. I'm not sure how this can be dealt with.

To be like me? In what way?

I grew up lower middle class. I always tried to save for a rainy day but instead of a rainy day I got a hurricane that left me on the edge of bankruptcy. Had to move back in with folks and pay off debt over several years. Since then I am hyper-prepped. I was told that my attitude towards going back into debt is that of a recovering heroin addict. (Told that by a recovering opiate addict!)

So I would want more people to be prepped. To be more careful with money. To buy used instead of taking out 6+ year loans on new cars. To not be on the edge. If we had more of that we would have less mile-long lines at the food bank less than a month into the crisis.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
  • Jump to: