Thread Rating:

gamerfreak
gamerfreak
  • Threads: 57
Thanked by
RSBoz
July 27th, 2019 at 6:08:44 PM permalink
Quote: TomG

For the 2020 election, everyone's vote was already decided three years ago. Any change next year compared to 2016 is going to come from people who either die or stay home compared to who turns 18 and show up. I feel confident predicting that the number of people who switch from D to R and R to D will be less than the margin of victory. (for simplicity, we can just lump those of us who vote third party in with the people who stay home)

You could be right, but I am not as confident that this is the case.

I live in a very conservative county in PA, and in this past mid term election there was a massive democratic turn compared to 2016. The first democratic judge was elected in nearly 100 years.

Swing voters are very much a thing, especially where I live.

Personally, while I am still very centrist, I think I’ve taken a few steps to the right since 2016. As much as I dislike Trump, there is still a small possibility that I’d vote for him in 2020.
JeorgeBuckly
JeorgeBuckly
  • Threads: 0
July 29th, 2019 at 7:17:15 AM permalink
Biden has discredited himself, so definitely not for him.
Steverinos
Steverinos
  • Threads: 5
July 29th, 2019 at 9:38:03 AM permalink
Quote: mcallister3200

People don’t enjoy being attacked, sometimes physically, for wearing a hat or persecuted in the workplace for their political beliefs. If you support Trump you’re apparently fair game for all sorts of personal attacks and attempts at people destroying your livelihood, being labeled as a misogynist or “racist thug” or homophobic with zero justification or supporting evidence and that sort of treatment is apparently just ok to people and even celebrated. Mob mentality at its finest.

So people just keep their mouth shut and vote rather than subject themselves to that sort of appalling treatment.

Sounds like the "silent aggression" conservatives said doesn't exist. The only difference is they can take the stupid MAGA hat off anytime they want.
Boz
Boz
  • Threads: 155
July 29th, 2019 at 10:14:32 AM permalink
Quote: Steverinos

Sounds like the "silent aggression" conservatives said doesn't exist. The only difference is they can take the stupid MAGA hat off anytime they want.

You say it's just a stupid hat. Probably feel the same about the Betsy Ross shirts that have now raised over $3 Million for "Tunnels to Towers" Foundation from Rush Limbaugh Sales alone.

https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2019/07/29/rush-returns-to-ff-to-announce-3-million-betsy-ross-t-shirt-donation-for-tunnel-to-towers/

I know, Fox & Friends along with Rush, are not exactly the favorites of the hand out crew.

All we now need is your pal AMS to claim they were all "racists" that bought the shirt. Sure seems like liberals and other America hating leftists don't know how to handle a President that calls it like it is. I'm sure you miss the old GOP that let the left get away with calling them anything because they were afraid to reply.

Trump 2020!
Boz
Boz
July 29th, 2019 at 10:23:26 AM permalink
https://homicides.news.baltimoresun.com/#nt=interstitial-manual

Baltimore Sun interactive Homicide Map. Preset to the last 30 days.

Is it possible, just possible, that Trump has a point here?

I do agree he should be part of the solution to the problem, but does anyone really believe the Dems want his help? And what would happen to him and any supporters of his that showed up?

It appears the Dem's that keep getting elected in these places are doing fine with the status quo.
Steverinos
Steverinos
July 29th, 2019 at 10:31:47 AM permalink
https://www.bea.gov/news/2019/gross-domestic-product-2nd-quarter-2019-advance-estimate-and-annual-update

Trickle-down is a failure. There is no discernible Trump acceleration in our economy. There has been NO supply-side magic wand.
TigerWu
TigerWu
  • Threads: 26
July 29th, 2019 at 10:34:51 AM permalink
Quote: Boz

Baltimore Sun interactive Homicide Map. Preset to the last 30 days.

Is it possible, just possible, that Trump has a point here?

It doesn't matter if he has a point.

It doesn't matter if he's 100% right.

The problem is that Presidents aren't supposed to talk like that about their own country and fellow Americans.

If Trump hates America so much, why doesn't he leave?
Steverinos
Steverinos
July 29th, 2019 at 10:36:46 AM permalink
Quote: TigerWu

The problem is that Presidents aren't supposed to talk like that about their own country and fellow Americans.

He spent two years on the campaign trail talking about how much his country sucked.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 240
July 29th, 2019 at 10:48:39 AM permalink

https://www.bea.gov/news/2019/gross-domestic-product-2nd-quarter-2019-advance-estimate-and-annual-update

Trickle-down is a failure. There is no discernible Trump acceleration in our economy. There has been NO supply-side magic wand.

Don't know where you are at, trickle-down is a roaring success.

Why are you so selfish and greedy, wanting someone else to pay more taxes? Reminds me of the guy was granted one wish but his brother who he hated would get twice as much so he said, "Blind me in one eye!"

Pure greed from the left, all opposition to trickle-down is. Well, like I said, greed and selfish.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
Boz
Boz
July 29th, 2019 at 10:50:44 AM permalink

He spent two years on the campaign trail talking about how much his country sucked.

And he was right. Because sadly no politician can fix generations of dependence quickly and without help. And Dem’s don’t want it fixed.
TigerWu
TigerWu
July 29th, 2019 at 10:52:21 AM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

LOL

Okay.... okay... I've had my suspicions for MONTHS, but with this one statement I am now 100% certain you are completely pulling everyone's leg with your political views.

Good job, though. You had me going for a while.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
Thanked by
SanchoPanza
July 29th, 2019 at 10:52:31 AM permalink

So I guess you will not vote Democrat as all they do is bash America. Remember when Obama said we torture people? Why didn't he go back to Kenya?

The funniest part is all the Democrats are having a meltdown because he said it, not that it is false. Trump tells a Democrat to worry about his dump of a district instead of worrying about illegal aliens and he is right, and the lefties know it!
SOOPOO
SOOPOO 
  • Threads: 122
July 29th, 2019 at 10:55:05 AM permalink
At golf today one of my buddies said "all the Democrats" just passed a bill so that EVERY union member that has or had a pension that the company defaulted on will have their pension paid for by the government! I told him that Dems need the Senate to pass a bill, then Trump has to sign it, so I think it cannot really have happened as he thinks. Tanko, Sancho, Paco, Boz, ams..... do you know what he is talking about?

If so another freaking giant giveaway..... then blame Trump for exploding deficit of course.....
Steverinos
Steverinos
July 29th, 2019 at 10:55:54 AM permalink

No, it's CLEARLY not a success. Never has been. The growth that's been MAINTAINED since Obama left office has been on the heels of federal DEFICIT spending. Federal spending grew at 7.9% in Q2, the fastest pace since Q2 2009.

It's important to note that government spending growth was in fact NEGATIVE in 2011, 2012, 2013, and 2014, nearly zero in 2015 and 2016. The reason? Oh, that was back when Republicans pretended that it was important to keep federal spending low. Just think of where we were or could've been if they had allowed spending to grow modestly in those years.

Business investment is actually going in reverse right now. Read the link. It's ironic that in fact the economy is growing, but it's doing so because of good old fashioned deficit spending, a policy that Republicans PRETEND to oppose.

Hook, line, and sinker.
TigerWu
TigerWu
July 29th, 2019 at 10:59:09 AM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

At golf today one of my buddies said "all the Democrats" just passed a bill so that EVERY union member that has or had a pension that the company defaulted on will have their pension paid for by the government! I told him that Dems need the Senate to pass a bill, then Trump has to sign it, so I think it cannot really have happened as he thinks. Tanko, Sancho, Paco, Boz, ams..... do you know what he is talking about?

If so another freaking giant giveaway..... then blame Trump for exploding deficit of course.....

There was a pension reform bill that just passed the House with limited Republican support. It hasn't passed the Senate yet.

And no, it's not a "handout:"

Quote:

It would create a new agency under the U.S. Treasury Department that would sell bonds in the open market to large investors such as financial firms. Those proceeds would then be used to bolster faltering pension plans as part of a 30-year loan program.

Source
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
Thanked by
EvenBob
July 29th, 2019 at 10:59:15 AM permalink

LOL

Okay.... okay... I've had my suspicions for MONTHS, but with this one statement I am now 100% certain you are completely pulling everyone's leg with your political views.

Good job, though. You had me going for a while.

Not at all, telling the truth. I guess you forgot all the people who got bonuses after the tax cut was announced? The hundreds of billions repatriated from overseas? Corporate money returned to shareholders? How is any of that a failure?
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
Thanked by
SanchoPanza
July 29th, 2019 at 11:07:17 AM permalink

How is any of that a failure?

When your only news source is CNN/MS,
everything Trump touches is a failure.
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
SOOPOO
SOOPOO 
July 29th, 2019 at 11:17:33 AM permalink

There was a pension reform bill that just passed the House with limited Republican support. It hasn't passed the Senate yet.

And no, it's not a "handout:"

Source

LOL!!!!! Then it is a handout!!!!! Selling bonds by a US Government Agency means that the US GOVERNMENT IS PAYING FOR IT!!!!!!! Maybe not at the moment the bond is issued, but EVENTUALLY! And who pays that bond off? TAXPAYERS!!!!! (Meaning ME...)
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
  • Threads: 34
July 29th, 2019 at 11:22:59 AM permalink

The only legislation showing up under pension reform is the "Secure" bill:

On May 23, the Setting Every Community Up for Retirement Enhancement (SECURE) Act passed the U.S. House of Representatives with overwhelming support of 417-3. Pension reform became a top priority of the House Ways and Means committee when Rep. Richard Neal (D-MA) replaced Kevin Brady (R-TX) as chairman.

On February 6, the committee held a hearing about improving the retirement security for workers, and on April 2, SECURE was introduced with bipartisan support. As the bill leaves the House, the question becomes how the Senate will respond and what the future holds for the retirement legislation.

Key Provisions of SECURE

The SECURE Act of 2019, cosponsored by Rep. Kevin Brady, establishes a pathway to help more Americans save for retirement. While some bills are destined to fail once they reach the Senate, the SECURE Act has several factors in its favor. For one, there are shared provisions between SECURE and the Senate's own Retirement Enhancement and Savings Act (RESA), originally initiated in 2016. The first provision discussed opening multiple-employer plans (MEPs) that would help support small businesses. Currently, MEPs require commonality between employers, often restricting MEPs to industry employers. Also, under IRS regulations, an entire plan is disqualified if one participating employer experiences a disqualifying event." forbes
SOOPOO
SOOPOO 
Thanked by
SanchoPanza
July 29th, 2019 at 11:27:34 AM permalink
As always, thanks SP. But that is not what we were talking about. My info was third hand so may not be worth a dime.....
My pension will be New York State..... so too many Dem voters for the Dems in charge to ever let it fail.....
Boz
Boz
July 29th, 2019 at 11:27:38 AM permalink
StevO seems “triggered” today as the far left Antifa loving left likes to say.

Why so bitter buddy?

All our Winning getting you down? Still opportunities out there if you look for them.

It’s another GREAT Day to be a legal American!
Steverinos
Steverinos
July 29th, 2019 at 11:28:02 AM permalink
Nah, pretty sure SooPoo is referring to this:

https://www.congress.gov/bill/116th-congress/house-bill/397
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 212
Thanked by
ams288
July 29th, 2019 at 11:29:44 AM permalink
Trickle down - leave it to conservatives to glorify a system where the best idea is where the masses are to be sprinkled with a few golden drops. Open your mouths, conservative base and let the golden limp penis drip into your thirsty mouths, then scream praises to Trump.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
  • Threads: 34
July 29th, 2019 at 11:30:35 AM permalink
"If so another freaking giant giveaway..... then blame Trump for exploding deficit of course....."

After additional research, it turns out to affect the multiple employer plans that were eviscerated in 2014:

"For Immediate Release Contact: Karen Friedman, 202-296-3776
July 25, 2019 www.pensionrights.org

While former Special Counsel Robert Mueller testified before Congress, the big news on Capitol Hill yesterday arguably was the boost the House of Representatives gave to hundreds of thousands of working-class American workers and retirees who have lost or will lose a major portion of their promised retirement income. The “People’s House” on July 24 passed the Rehabilitation for Multiemployer Pension Act, H.R. 397, in a bipartisan 264-169 vote that included ayes from 29 Republicans. In doing so, the lower chamber acted to keep afloat scores of financially drowning multiemployer pension plans and in the process averting devastation to families, businesses and communities.

The bill, better known as the Butch Lewis Act, offers an innovative way to save from insolvency about 130 financially troubled multiemployer pension plans, which are negotiated by a union and at least two employers, while fully protecting the earned benefits of hundreds of thousands of retirees. To become law, the legislation, which was reintroduced in the Senate July 24, now needs approval in that body along with the President’s signature.

The House’s favorable vote marks the culmination of a five-year effort by thousands of employees and retirees across the country who have advocated for the repeal of provisions of the Multiemployer Pension Reform Act of 2014 (MPRA), which eviscerated fundamental provisions of the Employee Retirement Income Security Act of 1974. MPRA allows trustees of multiemployer plans to cut retirees’ earned benefits as a misguided way to improve the funding of these plans. Since its passage, MPRA has led to devastating pension reductions—sometimes in excess of 60 percent—for tens of thousands of retired members and their spouses and widows in 14 pension plans. pension rights
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
Thanked by
SanchoPanzaMaxPen
July 29th, 2019 at 11:41:03 AM permalink
Quote: rxwine

Trickle down - leave it to conservatives to glorify a system where the best idea is where the masses are to be sprinkled with a few golden drops. Open your mouths, conservative base and let the golden limp penis drip into your thirsty mouths, then scream praises to Trump.

Mods, this does not seem PG. Is this prohibited, or are some animals more equal than others?
Steverinos
Steverinos
Thanked by
ams288
July 29th, 2019 at 11:56:22 AM permalink

Mods, this does not seem PG. Is this prohibited, or are some animals more equal than others?

l...o...l
ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 22
July 29th, 2019 at 11:58:16 AM permalink

l...o...l

Duffman seems to get really upset when anyone alludes to Donald's love of hot unfiltered pee.
Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
Boz
Boz
Thanked by
ams288
July 29th, 2019 at 11:59:29 AM permalink

Of course AMS liked his one! Too bad we don’t have a Love button.
Boz
Boz
July 29th, 2019 at 12:11:46 PM permalink
https://poll.qu.edu/national/release-detail?ReleaseID=3635

Biden extends his lead. Looks like normalcy is coming back to the Dem primary.

Hard working Democrats do not want to hear about the handouts either it appears. Probably the last chance for 12-14 of the Freebie Candidates this week so look for a lot of bombs to be thrown.

Great drinking game if one wants to get hammered would be to do a shot every time a candidate offers something for nothing. In the first 15 minutes most would be passed out fromalcohol intoxication,
TigerWu
TigerWu
July 29th, 2019 at 12:13:32 PM permalink

LOL!!!!! Then it is a handout!!!!! Selling bonds by a US Government Agency means that the US GOVERNMENT IS PAYING FOR IT!!!!!!! Maybe not at the moment the bond is issued, but EVENTUALLY! And who pays that bond off? TAXPAYERS!!!!! (Meaning ME...)

Did you miss this part:

Quote:

....as part of a 30-year loan program.

A loan is not a handout. Bonds are not a handout.

The bill allows the government to sell bonds, the proceeds of which will be used to loan money to pension funds. The pension plan ultimately pays back the government (with interest), and the government pays back the bondholder.

Here's the full text of the bill.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
July 29th, 2019 at 12:18:05 PM permalink

Great drinking game if one wants to get hammered would be to do a shot every time a candidate offers something for nothing. In the first 15 minutes most would be passed out fromalcohol intoxication,

I think most guys would need a drink just as soon as Kamala's ugly mug gets shown on screen. *shudder*
EvenBob
EvenBob
July 29th, 2019 at 1:04:06 PM permalink

I think most guys would need a drink just as soon as Kamala's ugly mug gets shown on screen. *shudder*

Can't think of one without thinking of
the other..

TigerWu
TigerWu
July 29th, 2019 at 1:05:39 PM permalink
LOL

Trump lies to 9/11 first responders about being at ground zero, then jokes about the stage they're standing on falling down.

Stay classy, Trump.
ams288
ams288
July 29th, 2019 at 1:26:45 PM permalink

LOL

Trump lies to 9/11 first responders about being at ground zero, then jokes about the stage they're standing on falling down.

Stay classy, Trump.

He truly is a sentient skid mark.
rxwine
rxwine
July 29th, 2019 at 2:44:42 PM permalink
Trump pardoned 5 people. I read one was a airline baggage thief. Hey now, I hate them baggage thieves, they need to reap their full sentence.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
MaxPen
MaxPen
  • Threads: 13
July 29th, 2019 at 2:56:46 PM permalink

That's everyday behavior of the average liberal. They also seem to have an affinity for the other side. It's a mental illness.
Boz
Boz
July 29th, 2019 at 3:10:29 PM permalink
Not one news story arguing what Trump said about Baltimore was a lie. Only that it was “racist”.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.baltimoresun.com/entertainment/movies/bs-wk-movies-0915-story.html%3foutputType=amp

Great movie about the sad situation the people of Baltimore that have been kept down by liberal policies have to live with.
rxwine
rxwine
July 29th, 2019 at 3:14:12 PM permalink
Quote: MaxPen

That's everyday behavior of the average liberal. They also seem to have an affinity for the other side. It's a mental illness.

Who is "the other side?"
Boz
Boz
July 29th, 2019 at 3:14:22 PM permalink
Quote: ams288

LOL

Stay classy, Trump.

With or without blood from a young 18 YO man trying to figure out his sexuality being taken advantage of by a predator?
ams288
ams288
July 29th, 2019 at 3:24:47 PM permalink

LOL

Stay classy, Trump.

With or without blood from a young 18 YO man trying to figure out his sexuality being taken advantage of by a predator?

As usual when you randomly bring up sexuality, I have no idea what you’re talking about.
Boz
Boz
Thanked by
EvenBob
July 29th, 2019 at 3:33:53 PM permalink

LOL

Stay classy, Trump.

As usual when you randomly bring up sexuality, I have no idea what you’re talking about.

Did I say you did? But as usual, you brought something anal related up.
ams288
ams288
July 29th, 2019 at 3:41:06 PM permalink

LOL - please point me to any other time on this board that I’ve brought up something “anal related.”

I’ll wait.
EvenBob
EvenBob
July 29th, 2019 at 3:42:12 PM permalink

I'd comment but I don't want to ruin
his road trip.
TigerWu
TigerWu
July 29th, 2019 at 3:44:42 PM permalink

Not one news story arguing what Trump said about Baltimore was a lie. Only that it was “racist”.

Doesn't matter if it was 100% true.

Presidents don't talk about their country that way.

Quote:

Better to have some vermin living in your neighborhood than to be one.

-- The Baltimore Sun

LOL wtf.... Is this some Pizzagate reference?
ams288
ams288
July 29th, 2019 at 4:08:50 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

I'd comment but I don't want to ruin
his road trip.

I’ve been home since Friday. Feel free to comment.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
July 29th, 2019 at 4:13:12 PM permalink

Really? Obama went on television and said we tortured people. Along with other apologies.

The fact that they say it is "racist" shows Trump is 100% in the right.
Boz
Boz
Thanked by
AZDuffman
July 29th, 2019 at 4:13:29 PM permalink

-- The Baltimore Sun

LOL wtf.... Is this some Pizzagate reference?

This one does, and sometimes it needs to be said. And that’s what is driving the left crazy.

That and the fact that the country is doing great and is proving liberalism to be a failure in big cities.

While Dems think the minority’s in these cities are incapable of improving their lives, the GOP believes in them.

As for Pizzagate, definitely a scam. Not sure why you would bring it up.
Steverinos
Steverinos
Thanked by
tringlomane
July 29th, 2019 at 4:13:58 PM permalink

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.baltimoresun.com/entertainment/movies/bs-wk-movies-0915-story.html%3foutputType=amp

Great movie about the sad situation the people of Baltimore that have been kept down by liberal policies have to live with.

So, in April of 2015, Trump blamed "our great African American President" for Baltimore's problems in the following tweet:

"Our great African American President hasn't exactly had a positive impact on the thugs who are so happily and openly destroying Baltimore!".

The next day, in this tweet, he implies that Obama wasn't doing enough for the city:

"President Obama, you have a big job to do. Go to Baltimore and bring both sides together. With proper leadership, it can be done! Do it."

And on the same day, he refers to himself in the third and seems to claim that all it would take would be to drop himself off in Baltimore to show how easily it can be done:

"@Vanderpunked: Can we drop @realDonaldTrump off in the middle of #Baltimore so he can show Obama how it's done?" I would fix it fast!"

Fast forward to today, and NOW he seems to be blaming Elijah Cummings for the problems of Baltimore, AND NOT THE SITTING PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES.

Can you see the pattern here Boz? Is it possible for you to see what's going on?

Trump's tweets NEVER travel well throughout time, but this is pretty f**king clear. Both Barack Obama and Elijah Cummings are people of color and he isn't. This isn't difficult.

The dude is a racist piece of s**t and YOU are enabling it. You talk about a mirror? I think it's time to for you to seek one out.

Maybe HE has a "big job to do" in "bringing both sides together". But oh, NOW....NOW it's Elijah Cummings that failing to do that.

You've already admitted you support a criminal. Now it's time to admit you support a racist criminal.
Boz
Boz
Thanked by
AZDuffmanRS
July 29th, 2019 at 4:38:15 PM permalink

So, in April of 2015, Trump blamed "our great African American President" for Baltimore's problems in the following tweet:

"Our great African American President hasn't exactly had a positive impact on the thugs who are so happily and openly destroying Baltimore!".

The next day, in this tweet, he implies that Obama wasn't doing enough for the city:

"President Obama, you have a big job to do. Go to Baltimore and bring both sides together. With proper leadership, it can be done! Do it."

And on the same day, he refers to himself in the third and seems to claim that all it would take would be to drop himself off in Baltimore to show how easily it can be done:

"@Vanderpunked: Can we drop @realDonaldTrump off in the middle of #Baltimore so he can show Obama how it's done?" I would fix it fast!"

Fast forward to today, and NOW he seems to be blaming Elijah Cummings for the problems of Baltimore, AND NOT THE SITTING PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES.

Can you see the pattern here Boz? Is it possible for you to see what's going on?

Trump's tweets NEVER travel well throughout time, but this is pretty f**king clear. Both Barack Obama and Elijah Cummings are people of color and he isn't. This isn't difficult.

The dude is a racist piece of s**t and YOU are enabling it. You talk about a mirror? I think it's time to for you to seek one out.

Maybe HE has a "big job to do" in "bringing both sides together". But oh, NOW....NOW it's Elijah Cummings that failing to do that.

You've already admitted you support a criminal. Now it's time to admit you support a racist criminal.

Always comes back to Racism when a far left liberal like you has nothing left.

Sad, just sad. In so many ways.
Boz
Boz
July 29th, 2019 at 4:39:41 PM permalink
If we could only get the rats in Elijah Cumming’s district to eat the human piles of shit in Nancy Pelosi’s district - we might be getting somewhere.
  • Jump to: