Thread Rating:

MaxPen
MaxPen
  • Threads: 13
Thanked by
RS
May 6th, 2019 at 8:50:13 PM permalink
This ought to get the votes. NOT

So it looks like he has a few promises so far.
1. Keep hands off kids.
2. Stop trying to smell women's hair.
3. Raise your taxes

We'll go ahead PedoJoe...The Dem's have found themself a real winner. Does anyone have a betting line on Hillary for the primary? I may want action. This preliminary stuff has to be a ruse for her to step back in.

How many people are in that room? 12 or so...😂🤣🤣😂

EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
May 6th, 2019 at 10:57:41 PM permalink
Quote: MaxPen

Does anyone have a betting line on Hillary for the primary? ]

Hillary was out there yesterday again
saying the election was 'stolen' from
her. She's laying the groundwork to
run again. Obviously.
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
Mission146
Mission146
  • Threads: 142
May 7th, 2019 at 8:57:28 AM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

run again. Obviously.

I think Hillary running again is the only possible condition under which I would consider voting for Trump.
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/gripes/11182-pet-peeves/120/#post815219
TigerWu
TigerWu
  • Threads: 26
May 7th, 2019 at 9:43:09 AM permalink
Quote: ams288

I’d argue that she’s the one baiting you righties. Y’all are literally obsessed with her.

Hillary has been politically dead for over two years now, and hasn't held a government job in six. Her decades-long tenure as the right's boogeyman was growing stale, and fast. They needed some young, fresh blood to obsess over for the next 30 years, and it looks like AOC fits the bill. It's especially hilarious to see Ben Shapiro drool over her on his Twitter feed. He's freakin' in love with her.

run again. Obviously.

According to you she's going to declare her candidacy next month. Still sticking to that timeline?

Quote: Mission146

I think Hillary running again is the only possible condition under which I would consider voting for Trump.

I'm voting for anyone that isn't Trump, because his crybaby tantrum if he loses is going to be the funniest thing ever.
EvenBob
EvenBob
May 7th, 2019 at 10:08:57 AM permalink
Biden Takes 32-Point Lead Over Sanders

Cool...

https://thehill.com/hilltv/what-americas-thinking/442310-joe-biden
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
May 7th, 2019 at 10:25:43 AM permalink
Quote: RS

No catch. They’d serve their 1 year sentence in manual labor then they’d be released to wherever they’re from. The money they’d be raising for the govt via their work would help offset (if not make profitable) the border agents / ICE work, as well as their housing and 1/2 potato + 2 spoons of beans per day.

Probably half the population of third world countries would happily take that deal. Will there be cable and three squares? Dental?
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
TigerWu
TigerWu
May 7th, 2019 at 10:29:12 AM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

We see now it was rigged,

Yes, by the Russians.

Quote:

and Trump was spied on with wiretaps.

Fake news, as per every U.S. intelligence agency.
Face
Administrator
Face
  • Threads: 49
May 7th, 2019 at 10:46:04 AM permalink

No catch. They’d serve their 1 year sentence in manual labor then they’d be released to wherever they’re from. The money they’d be raising for the govt via their work would help offset (if not make profitable) the border agents / ICE work, as well as their housing and 1/2 potato + 2 spoons of beans per day.

So you'd turn .gov into a competing corporation, one that has unlimited free labor, is unrestricted by labor law, and creates a demand for convictions, all the while putting all blue collar working Americans dependent on .gov contracts out on their ass.

May I ask which definition of "Great" y'all are using?

Additionally, y'all are using "Great", correct? Be awfully silly (yet infinitely more reasonable and comprehensive) if it was "Grate" all along.
The opinions of this moderator are for entertainment purposes only.
Boz
Boz
  • Threads: 155
May 7th, 2019 at 10:51:48 AM permalink

Biden Takes 32-Point Lead Over Sanders

Cool...

https://thehill.com/hilltv/what-americas-thinking/442310-joe-biden

https://joebiden.info/

Great website, I’m all in on Joe.
EvenBob
EvenBob
May 7th, 2019 at 11:02:03 AM permalink
Quote: Boz

For sheer entertainment value, Biden
is best. Followed by Beet-o. Where
is he, last I saw he was drawing crowds
of 35-40 in grade school gym's..
TigerWu
TigerWu
May 7th, 2019 at 11:05:40 AM permalink

I like how even a parody site designed to make Biden look bad still has him come off as a better and more likable person than Donald Trump... lol....
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
May 7th, 2019 at 11:13:27 AM permalink
Quote: TigerWu

Yes, by the Russians.

How?

If it was, does that mean you support Voter ID so it is harder to rig?

Quote:

Fake news, as per every U.S. intelligence agency.

Real news, if you would open your eyes and ears. Or do you think the intel agencies are going to admit what they did?
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
EvenBob
EvenBob
May 7th, 2019 at 11:13:56 AM permalink

I like how even a parody site designed to make Biden look bad

Biden is just plain creepy, Hillary
creepy. Why do Dems have a
thing for creepy candidates.
Shudder..
Boz
Boz
May 7th, 2019 at 11:34:03 AM permalink

Biden is just plain creepy, Hillary
creepy. Why do Dems have a
thing for creepy candidates.
Shudder..

I know I’ll take sh@@ for it on here, but not one of these Democratic candidates other than Joe seems like a normal hard working American to me. All are pushing the victim and free stuff card, which tells me they think people are incapable of making it without their expert guidance.

Joe is probably the closest to a typical Presidential candidate. Which is why he is running away with it so far. The other loons don’t realize most people don’t want handouts.
MaxPen
MaxPen
May 7th, 2019 at 11:36:25 AM permalink

I know I’ll take sh@@ for it on here, but not one of these Democratic candidates other than Joe seems like a normal hard working American to me. All are pushing the victim and free stuff car, which tells me they think people are incapable of making it without their expert guidance.

Joe is probably the closest to a typical Presidential candidate. Which is why he is running away with it so far. The other loons don’t realize most people don’t want handouts.

They're all just Biden time for Hillary to step in.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
Thanked by
SanchoPanza
May 7th, 2019 at 11:49:21 AM permalink

I know I’ll take sh@@ for it on here, but not one of these Democratic candidates other than Joe seems like a normal hard working American to me. All are pushing the victim and free stuff card, which tells me they think people are incapable of making it without their expert guidance.

The Democrat Party was once a party a working man could be proud to be a part of. They had more a platform of "I'll look out for you so you can make it for yourself." Today all of that is gone. It is all about free stuff and helping illegal aliens. A look at the party under JFK compared to today the change is amazing.
Face
Administrator
Face
May 7th, 2019 at 11:50:15 AM permalink

The other loons don’t realize most people don’t want handouts.

It does feel like they've jumped the shark. Like Trump turned the world on its head, and now they're struggling to compete IN THAT ARENA.

GG. This I why we're in for 6 and not 2.

Congratz. You played yourself.
MaxPen
MaxPen
May 7th, 2019 at 11:57:28 AM permalink
Is this real?
This woman wants to write laws and investigate a sitting President but doesn't know what a garbage disposal is.🙃😲🤓

Steverinos
Steverinos
  • Threads: 5
May 7th, 2019 at 11:58:02 AM permalink
Quote: Face

It does feel like they've jumped the shark. Like Trump turned the world on its head, and now they're struggling to compete IN THAT ARENA.

This was the exact point Beau was making in the video I linked a few pages back. The Dems need to heed this warning. They won the midterms with a message of health care while Trump lost the midterms with a message of "be scared of the invasion."

This isn't hard. I hope the Dems don't make it more difficult than it needs to be.
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 89
May 7th, 2019 at 2:37:20 PM permalink
Quote: MaxPen

Is this real?
This woman wants to write laws and investigate a sitting President

Yup
Elections have consequences
The people in her district gave her the power
Get used to her having power, I have no doubt she will win in 2020, 2022 ect :-)
Its just a forum. Nothing here to get obsessed about.
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 89
Thanked by
ams288
May 8th, 2019 at 4:52:31 AM permalink
The orange moron is on twitter this morning making excuses for his massive business losses
LOL

"Real estate developers in the 1980’s & 1990’s, more than 30 years ago, were entitled to massive write offs and depreciation which would, if one was actively building, show losses and tax losses in almost all cases. Much was non monetary. Sometimes considered “tax shelter,” ...… ...you would get it by building, or even buying. You always wanted to show losses for tax purposes....almost all real estate developers did - and often re-negotiate with banks, it was sport. Additionally, the very old information put out is a highly inaccurate Fake News hit job!"

Reality, a billion in losses. Why is he making excuses then calling it fake news. What a moron
Its just a forum. Nothing here to get obsessed about.
ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 22
May 8th, 2019 at 5:00:13 AM permalink
Saw this on Twitter:

How do you make a million dollars?

Give Donald Trump a billion dollars.
Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
mcallister3200
mcallister3200
  • Threads: 17
Thanked by
Mission146RS
May 8th, 2019 at 6:51:36 AM permalink
Quote: terapined

The orange moron is on twitter this morning making excuses for his massive business losses
LOL

"Real estate developers in the 1980’s & 1990’s, more than 30 years ago, were entitled to massive write offs and depreciation which would, if one was actively building, show losses and tax losses in almost all cases. Much was non monetary. Sometimes considered “tax shelter,” ...… ...you would get it by building, or even buying. You always wanted to show losses for tax purposes....almost all real estate developers did - and often re-negotiate with banks, it was sport. Additionally, the very old information put out is a highly inaccurate Fake News hit job!"

Reality, a billion in losses. Why is he making excuses then calling it fake news. What a moron

It’s absolutely true that many real estate businesses pocket cash while having losses on the books in a legal manner, not saying anything about Trumps situation here. For many every day people who make pretty good money at their primary job or other business, the primary reason for real estate vs other investments is tax shelter using capital expenses and depreciation. Looks like your taxable income is going to be higher than you want it to be for the year? Make some capital improvements to your rental properties in the last few months of the year to offset the income and show a loss in real estate, meanwhile improving the value of the property and building net worth while showing the loss, theoretically gaining that loss back at some point when you sell at a higher price due to the improvements. Capital gains tax then but you can always defer that in a 1031 exchange if you want to trade up....It’s really not very complicated to see how this happens. I know that regardless what he posted on Twitter you would have called him a moron today, but still, I’m sure there was a lot better material you could have picked from.
Boz
Boz
May 8th, 2019 at 7:08:24 AM permalink
Quote: ams288

Saw this on Twitter:

How do you make a million dollars?

Give Donald Trump a billion dollars.

Saw on Twitter today.

PA Congressman Brian Sims should be locked up and raped for doxing minor female abortion protesters.

What a Piece of Sh@@. (I added that part).
Mission146
Mission146
Thanked by
Boz
May 8th, 2019 at 7:18:10 AM permalink
Quote: mcallister3200

It’s absolutely true that many real estate businesses pocket cash while having losses on the books in a legal manner, not saying anything about Trumps situation here. For many every day people who make pretty good money at their primary job or other business, the primary reason for real estate vs other investments is tax shelter using capital expenses and depreciation. Looks like your taxable income is going to be higher than you want it to be for the year? Make some capital improvements to your rental properties in the last few months of the year to offset the income and show a loss in real estate, meanwhile improving the value of the property and building net worth while showing the loss, theoretically gaining that loss back at some point when you sell at a higher price due to the improvements. Capital gains tax then but you can always defer that in a 1031 exchange if you want to trade up....It’s really not very complicated to see how this happens. I know that regardless what he posted on Twitter you would have called him a moron today, but still, I’m sure there was a lot better material you could have picked from.

I’m not Trump’s biggest fan, but I was going to post something along these lines that would have been less well-written due to my extremely rudimentary knowledge of how all that works with real estate. I know there are some particularities that make real estate the way to go.

Even then, it’s easy enough (theoretically) for any business to show zero. You just have to have expenditures equal to your revenues.

I’m pretty confident the problem with political discussion on both sides, not necessarily saying anyone here, is the occasional complete and total lack of objectivity.
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/gripes/11182-pet-peeves/120/#post815219
ams288
ams288
May 8th, 2019 at 7:19:00 AM permalink

Saw on Twitter today.

PA Congressman Brian Sims should be locked up and raped for doxing minor female abortion protesters.

What a Piece of Sh@@. (I added that part).

Who?
TigerWu
TigerWu
May 8th, 2019 at 8:18:01 AM permalink
Quote: terapined

Yeah, what is the "fake news?" He literally just verified the story as true.

Furthermore, it sounds like he's admitting to tax fraud. I know nothing about 1980's real estate laws, but this tweet isn't exactly helping his case.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
May 8th, 2019 at 8:25:10 AM permalink

Furthermore, it sounds like he's admitting to tax fraud. I know nothing about 1980's real estate laws, but this tweet isn't exactly helping his case.

If there was tax fraud it would have come out in the audit.

As others have said in agreement, in real estate you have lots of play to reduce the income you show. Your goal is to turn operating income into a loss which will reduce your cost basis and then you pay a capital gains tax at a lower rate if and when you sell. Nothing illegal, nothing immoral about doing this.
Mission146
Mission146
Thanked by
SOOPOO
May 8th, 2019 at 8:26:16 AM permalink
I’m not a real estate tax attorney or attorney of any other kind, but I fail to see how the Tweet, taken at face, is an admission of tax fraud. It reads to me that he used the tax code to show a loss in a way that he believed to be legal at the time.

Again, not my favorite person, but I do operate under the assumption that Trump knows more than nothing about real estate. Even if not, I should believe that he had a number of real estate tax experts and accountants working for him.
TigerWu
TigerWu
May 8th, 2019 at 8:28:14 AM permalink
Quote: Mission146

I’m not a real estate tax attorney or attorney of any other kind, but I fail to see how the Tweet, taken at face, is an admission of tax fraud. It reads to me that he used the tax code to show a loss in a way that he believed to be legal at the time.

Again, not my favorite person, but I do operate under the assumption that Trump knows more than nothing about real estate. Even if not, I should believe that he had a number of real estate tax experts and accountants working for him.

Yeah, I'm not literally accusing him of tax fraud, it just sounds super shady. And that may be more as a result of the actual tax laws themselves than anything he is specifically doing.

I did just find this, though, and thought it was pretty funny:

Trump Steaks...Years in business: 1
GoTrump.Com ...Years in business: 1
Trump Airlines..Years in business: 4
Trump Vodka...Years in business: 5
Trump Mortgage...Years in business: 1.5
Trump: The Game...Years in business: 1
Trump Magazine...Years in business: 2
Trump University...Years in business: 6...$25,000,000 FRAUD
Trump Ice...Years in business: Less than 1
The New Jersey Generals...Years in business: 2
Tour de Trump...Years in business: 2
Trump on the Ocean...Years in business: 0.3
The Trump Network...Years in business: 2
Trumped!...Years in business: 4
Trump New Media...Years in business: None
Trump Baja Oceanfront Condos…never broke ground
Trump Taj Mahal..BANKRUPT
Trump Plaza and Casino..BANKRUPT
Trump Hotels and Casinos Resorts..BANKRUPT
Trump Entertainment Resorts..BANKRUPT
Trump Castle... BANKRUPT
Plaza Hotel..BANKRUPT
Trump Tower Tampa..BANKRUPT
Trump Tower Montreal... BANKRUPT
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
May 8th, 2019 at 8:29:41 AM permalink

Idk about you, but I consider something to be fake news if it's misleading or misconstrues the truth. Re-read what Mcallister wrote.
RS
RS
May 8th, 2019 at 8:36:36 AM permalink

Yeah, I'm not literally accusing him of tax fraud, it just sounds super shady. And that may be more as a result of the actual tax laws themselves than anything he is specifically doing.

I did just find this, though, and thought it was pretty funny:

Trump Steaks...Years in business: 1
GoTrump.Com ...Years in business: 1
Trump Airlines..Years in business: 4
Trump Vodka...Years in business: 5
Trump Mortgage...Years in business: 1.5
Trump: The Game...Years in business: 1
Trump Magazine...Years in business: 2
Trump University...Years in business: 6...$25,000,000 FRAUD
Trump Ice...Years in business: Less than 1
The New Jersey Generals...Years in business: 2
Tour de Trump...Years in business: 2
Trump on the Ocean...Years in business: 0.3
The Trump Network...Years in business: 2
Trumped!...Years in business: 4
Trump New Media...Years in business: None
Trump Baja Oceanfront Condos…never broke ground
Trump Taj Mahal..BANKRUPT
Trump Plaza and Casino..BANKRUPT
Trump Hotels and Casinos Resorts..BANKRUPT
Trump Entertainment Resorts..BANKRUPT
Trump Castle... BANKRUPT
Plaza Hotel..BANKRUPT
Trump Tower Tampa..BANKRUPT
Trump Tower Montreal... BANKRUPT

Yet Trump Organization owns 500+ businesses.
TigerWu
TigerWu
May 8th, 2019 at 8:42:01 AM permalink

Yet Trump Organization owns 500+ businesses.

Here's the wiki on that in case anyone is interested.
EvenBob
EvenBob
Thanked by
RS
May 8th, 2019 at 9:53:56 AM permalink

I had no idea Trump owned that
many current businesses. He used
to own half of the Empire State
Building. We'll never again find
somebody this qualified to run
the country. No wonder the
economy is doing so well.
TigerWu
TigerWu
Thanked by
ams288
May 8th, 2019 at 10:18:30 AM permalink

Imagine how much better the economy would be doing if he was actually a successful businessman instead of just being born rich and going into debt buying real estate... might almost be as good as Obama's or Clinton's economy.
RS
RS
May 8th, 2019 at 10:26:16 AM permalink

Imagine how much better the economy would be doing if he was actually a successful businessman instead of just being born rich and going into debt buying real estate... might almost be as good as Obama's or Clinton's economy.

It’s because Trump has a magic wand. (Please, ams288, no creepy jokes.)
ams288
ams288
May 8th, 2019 at 10:33:59 AM permalink

Then quit referring to his tiny mushroom penis as a magic wand.
Steverinos
Steverinos
  • Threads: 5
Thanked by
ams288Dalex64
May 8th, 2019 at 10:45:30 AM permalink

80% of Americans live paycheck to paycheck. The economy is doing well...like it has been for quite some time, for the people at the top. When Americans finally decide to start judging the economy for how well it works for the bottom 95% of Americans, maybe then we can start to finally #MAGA.

Oh, and, here's a 2012 Trump tweet:

"HALF of Americans don't pay income tax despite crippling govt debt..."

He sent this tweet KNOWING that he himself had been part of that half for a decade, later proclaiming that paying no taxes makes him smarter than everybody else. And oh yeah, what's the budget deficit under Trump? What's the "crippling debt" looking like today? What a hypocritical, lying, perverted, conman piece of s**t this guy is.

A true conservative indeed.
TigerWu
TigerWu
May 8th, 2019 at 10:48:31 AM permalink

I hope he waves it quickly... he's got less than six years to eliminate the national debt as per his campaign promise.
Face
Administrator
Face
May 8th, 2019 at 11:10:59 AM permalink

I hope he waves it quickly... he's got less than six years to eliminate the national debt as per his campaign promise.

And put Hil in jail, and build the wall, and end the war, and....
EvenBob
EvenBob
May 8th, 2019 at 11:29:06 AM permalink
Quote: Face

And put Hil in jail, and build the wall, and end the war, and....

Wall is being built right this minute. Hillary
will never go to jail, but her cohorts will.
What war.
TigerWu
TigerWu
May 8th, 2019 at 11:34:04 AM permalink

Hillary
will never go to jail, but her cohorts will.

For what crimes?

Maybe they can share a cell with all of Trump's cohorts there now.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
Thanked by
AxelWolf
May 8th, 2019 at 11:56:13 AM permalink
Quote: Steverinos

80% of Americans live paycheck to paycheck. The economy is doing well...like it has been for quite some time, for the people at the top. When Americans finally decide to start judging the economy for how well it works for the bottom 95% of Americans, maybe then we can start to finally #MAGA.

He sent this tweet KNOWING that he himself had been part of that half for a decade, later proclaiming that paying no taxes makes him smarter than everybody else. And oh yeah, what's the budget deficit under Trump? What's the "crippling debt" looking like today? What a hypocritical, lying, perverted, conman piece of s**t this guy is.

Bottom 95% should be doing fine what with unemployment at a 50 year low. “Paycheck to paycheck” has and always will be a fact of life as the average person always raises their living standards to their income.

These are boom times. MAGA!
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 212
May 8th, 2019 at 12:05:58 PM permalink
Quote: mcallister3200

They also reported he lost 50% more money in 1 year than the next closest person in the entire US.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
ams288
ams288
Thanked by
terapined
May 8th, 2019 at 12:07:47 PM permalink
Quote: rxwine

They also reported he lost 50% more money in 1 year than the next closest person in the entire US.

Sounds like he should have been the host of The Biggest Loser for all those years, not The Apprentice.
TigerWu
TigerWu
May 8th, 2019 at 12:23:22 PM permalink

He was single-handedly responsible for 1% of all reported losses to the IRS that year.
TomG
TomG
  • Threads: 16
May 8th, 2019 at 12:30:45 PM permalink
Quote: Steverinos

That tweet was him bragging about not paying taxes, while foreshadowing that an even higher crippling debt is what will Make America Great Again. And with 50% of Americans not paying taxes, he simply allows his supporters to continue avoiding taxes and living off handouts while driving up the crippling debt. It gives him a good path to another victory next year.
TigerWu
TigerWu
May 8th, 2019 at 12:40:07 PM permalink
Quote: TomG

That tweet was him bragging about not paying taxes, while foreshadowing that an even higher crippling debt is what will Make America Great Again. And with 50% of Americans not paying taxes, he simply allows his supporters to continue avoiding taxes and living off handouts while driving up the crippling debt. It gives him a good path to another victory next year.

"Now, it shouldn't be that way, but if you go back, it just seems that the economy does better under the Democrats than the Republicans....Certainly we had some very good economies under Democrats, as well as Republicans, but, we've had some pretty bad disaster under Republicans."

-- Donald Trump, successful billionaire and President of the United States
EvenBob
EvenBob
May 8th, 2019 at 1:03:07 PM permalink

So what. That's like faulting Edison
for failing over 3000 times till he
finally found a light bulb filament
that worked. Edison had 10 times
more failed inventions than successful
ones. Yet not a single person considers
Edison anything but a huge genius.
TigerWu
TigerWu
May 8th, 2019 at 1:09:02 PM permalink

So what. That's like faulting Edison
for failing over 3000 times till he
finally found a light bulb filament
that worked. Edison had 10 times
more failed inventions than successful
ones. Yet not a single person considers
Edison anything but a huge genius.

Yeah, but Trump is nowhere near a genius. That's the big difference here. I mean, my god, the man is barely literate.
  • Jump to: