Thread Rating:

AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 240
April 30th, 2019 at 9:26:17 AM permalink
Quote: RS

I haven’t looked at the sources about what AZD is saying, although my gut feeling is he’s probably wrong...at least according to what (darkoz, I believe) posted the actual source and quote(s).

The headline has since been modified to a less sensational:

"Beto: We only have '10 years' left to address climate change" Link remains the same as the OP.

Saying we have to address it in 10 years does not imply that the world will end. But such a statement is still pretty bad. Apologies if the wrong conclusion was drawn. But I stand by this is why I do not believe in GW. 10 years to act or we are dead. Heard that in 1998 or so. BTW: This is not just Beta on his own, this is the UN sounding the alarm to shake down the wealthy countries, yet again.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
April 30th, 2019 at 9:28:38 AM permalink

I haven’t looked at the sources about what AZD is saying, although my gut feeling is he’s probably wrong...at least according to what (darkoz, I believe) posted the actual source and quote(s).

But how can you seriously say that, though? I’m talking about the first & second paragraphs quoted above. It was literally a few days or week(s?) ago when you were putting on some heavy spin about the Mueller report and Trump’s “I’m f***ed” comment taken 100000% out of context.

As the Ancient Hawaiians used to say, “The turtle calling the lizard a reptile.”

You haven't read the Mueller report. It doesn't say what you, and Trump, and Barr, claim it says (or doesn't say).

They got out in front of it to lie about it so people who hadn't read it, or didn't understand the legal aspects of it, would say things like you're saying. It's worked for almost 4 years now, why wouldn't they?

Read the actual report. Substitute the name Clinton for the name Trump in every sentence if you have to, so you can see what it actually says. Not what others are saying about it.

The .pdf is everywhere.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 297
April 30th, 2019 at 10:07:24 AM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

The headline has since been modified to a less sensational:

"Beto: We only have '10 years' left to address climate change" Link remains the same as the OP.

Saying we have to address it in 10 years does not imply that the world will end. But such a statement is still pretty bad. Apologies if the wrong conclusion was drawn. But I stand by this is why I do not believe in GW. 10 years to act or we are dead. Heard that in 1998 or so. BTW: This is not just Beta on his own, this is the UN sounding the alarm to shake down the wealthy countries, yet again.

But he doesnt even say that.

He says we need to address climate change.

A few sentences later he says he has a plan that would reduce emissions completely by 2050 and which would begin to have a significant effect by 2030 "which is only 10 years ahead"

If you shear out what he said in between and link disparate sentences you can skewer his meaning to what the headlines say BUT only with editing.

I could probably edit some of your posts so it looks like you said you want to steal from the US government BUT that would be wrong of me to do.
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
Face
Administrator
Face
  • Threads: 49
Thanked by
beachbumbabs
April 30th, 2019 at 10:10:06 AM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

They got out in front of it to lie about it so people who hadn't read it, or didn't understand the legal aspects of it, would say things like you're saying. It's worked for almost 4 years now, why wouldn't they?

4? That's an odd way to pronounce "37" =p
The opinions of this moderator are for entertainment purposes only.
darkoz
darkoz
April 30th, 2019 at 10:15:22 AM permalink

Been thru this before.

If I do not buy the pepsi in the gift shop, nothing will happen. Actually I use the free drink station but I doubt that is your point.

If I do not pay the government, men with guns will come take the money. That is stealing.

Think that scene in "Die Hard" where they guys says, "You use a gun, I use a fountain pen."

If you dont pay the government, men with guns will come take the money because you didnt pay your legal obligations called taxes.

That is not the definition of stealing in any country in the world I am quite certain.

Furthermore you claim people living on subsidies are left wing leeches but...

Anyone who lives in the US and doesnt pay their FAIR share of taxes is also leeching by enjoying every thing that makes this country great (MAGA now anyone) but wants those services and their rights free of charge.

There is something called theft of service. If you sneak into a movie you did not physically take their money. You stole their service.

Living in America and not paying your fair share of taxes is in essence theft of service.

Maybe you aren't happy with how your tax dollars are spent. Likewise you might not be happy with how your local movie theater spends your admission dollars. But you cant sneak into the movie using that as an excuse anymore than you can avoid paying taxes LEGALLY.
billryan
billryan
April 30th, 2019 at 10:16:21 AM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

LOL! Whatever, man. I was at Target yesterday
and 90% of the parking lot was SUV's. People
drove from 'miles away' in $45,000 chariots.
Pitiful..

SUVs? Are we supposed.to be impressed? How many of the loans are delinquent?
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
April 30th, 2019 at 10:17:22 AM permalink
Quote: darkoz

But he doesnt even say that.

He says we need to address climate change.

A few sentences later he says he has a plan that would reduce emissions completely by 2050 and which would begin to have a significant effect by 2030 "which is only 10 years ahead"

If you shear out what he said in between and link disparate sentences you can skewer his meaning to what the headlines say BUT only with editing.

I could probably edit some of your posts so it looks like you said you want to steal from the US government BUT that would be wrong of me to do.

No need to "shear out" any of it. Look at his actions as well as his words. He is on the same global-warming-sky-is-falling train we have seen since the 1980s. Historically they always low-ball estimates, the $5 Trillion would likely end up at $20 Trillion. All for no results. Call me the cranky old man if you like, actually please do as I would prefer that.

If you like, we will keep it simple. He wants to steal $15,000+ from every man, woman, and child in the USA. All for sketchy science.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
April 30th, 2019 at 10:27:20 AM permalink

If you dont pay the government, men with guns will come take the money because you didnt pay your legal obligations called taxes.

That is not the definition of stealing in any country in the world I am quite certain.

Taking money at the point of a gun is stealing anywhere I have ever heard of. I wish more in government would realize taxes are theft. They might take more care with the stolen money. The problem is too many people think it is all the government's money and WE steal what we get to keep.

The government is taking a lot of money, that is not theirs.
Well, it becomes theirs.
How is that not stealing?

Quote:

Furthermore you claim people living on subsidies are left wing leeches but...

Anyone who lives in the US and doesnt pay their FAIR share of taxes is also leeching by enjoying every thing that makes this country great (MAGA now anyone) but wants those services and their rights free of charge.

There is something called theft of service. If you sneak into a movie you did not physically take their money. You stole their service.

Living in America and not paying your fair share of taxes is in essence theft of service.

I salute anyone who legally minimizes the taxes they pay.
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
April 30th, 2019 at 10:27:23 AM permalink
Anybody see Old Grandpa Joe in his
first speech from the trail yesterday?
He's slurred and stumbled like he
was in a rest home. Only a year
and a half of this till the election.

The comments are hilarious. "He
sounds like he had a stroke."
"Thats what booze and botox do to the brain."

"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 22
April 30th, 2019 at 11:11:49 AM permalink
Quote: ams288

New CNN Dem Primary poll:

Joe Biden 39%
Bernie Sanders 15%
Elizabeth Warren 8%
Pete Buttigieg 7%
Beto 6%
Kamala Harris 5%

https://www.cnn.com/2019/04/30/politics/cnn-poll-2020-biden-announcement-bounce/index.html

And another new one from Quinnipiac:

Biden 38
Warren 12
Bernie 11
Buttigieg 10
Harris 8
Beto 5

Interesting how much Bernie has fallen.
Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
darkoz
darkoz
April 30th, 2019 at 11:14:26 AM permalink

Taking money at the point of a gun is stealing anywhere I have ever heard of. I wish more in government would realize taxes are theft. They might take more care with the stolen money. The problem is too many people think it is all the government's money and WE steal what we get to keep.

Well, it becomes theirs.

It is not stealing anymore than if you murdered someone and the cops held you at gunpoint and locked you up it would e kidnapping. Commit a crime (either murder or tax evasion) it is not a crime for the authorities to lock you up at gunpoint

Come now, righties cant possibly believe if they commit crimes the government using weapons in apprehension is a reciprocal crime. (So much for illegals coming over being held lol)

If I hold you hostage and demand money for your release that is called ransom (illegal)

If you commit a crime and the government holds you and demands money for your release its called Bail (legal)
EvenBob
EvenBob
April 30th, 2019 at 11:22:42 AM permalink
edited
EvenBob
EvenBob
April 30th, 2019 at 11:22:45 AM permalink
This is what the Lib media said
about Biden's worst campaign roll
out in history. Keep in mind
that not one person 'waited
for hours', the gym it was
held in wasn't even half full.

MARY BRUCE: Voters lined up for hours to see Joe Biden.

EUGENE ROBINSON: He’s had a spectacular launch to his campaign.

DONNA BRAZILE: The appearance yesterday in Pittsburgh, the interview this morning, the new video, I think Joe Biden got his stride.

ROBERT WOLF: He certainly passed the first test. It feels good.

EMILY JASHINSKY: Frankly, that was excellent. Seemed energetic.

DAVID CHALIAN: It’s a Biden bounce from that announcement.

JOHN AVLON: It’s more than just a Biden bounce.

MOLLY MITCHELL: I think he’s a little bit scared (Trump) of going against Biden.

JOE SCARBOROUGH: You can tell he’s really scared (Trump) of Biden.

MARY BRUCE: Joe Biden seems to be getting under the president’s skin.

Biden was pathetic yesterday,
but Trump is terrified of him?
LOLOLOL
MaxPen
MaxPen
  • Threads: 13
April 30th, 2019 at 11:30:01 AM permalink

This is what the Lib media said
about Biden's worst campaign roll
out in history. Keep in mind
that not one person 'waited
for hours', the gym it was
held in wasn't even half full.

MARY BRUCE: Voters lined up for hours to see Joe Biden.

EUGENE ROBINSON: He’s had a spectacular launch to his campaign.

DONNA BRAZILE: The appearance yesterday in Pittsburgh, the interview this morning, the new video, I think Joe Biden got his stride.

ROBERT WOLF: He certainly passed the first test. It feels good.

EMILY JASHINSKY: Frankly, that was excellent. Seemed energetic.

DAVID CHALIAN: It’s a Biden bounce from that announcement.

JOHN AVLON: It’s more than just a Biden bounce.

MOLLY MITCHELL: I think he’s a little bit scared (Trump) of going against Biden.

JOE SCARBOROUGH: You can tell he’s really scared (Trump) of Biden.

MARY BRUCE: Joe Biden seems to be getting under the president’s skin.

Biden was pathetic yesterday,
but Trump is terrified of him?
LOLOLOL

Maybe he'll move up from filling up the scuool lunch room to filling the gymnasium, for his rallies.
mcallister3200
mcallister3200
  • Threads: 17
April 30th, 2019 at 11:47:22 AM permalink
Oh great, a choice between two dudes in their mid 70’s. At least no Hillary
ams288
ams288
April 30th, 2019 at 11:52:10 AM permalink
Quote: mcallister3200

At least no Hillary

It's not June yet. According to EvenBob that's when she'll be entering the race. lol
darkoz
darkoz
April 30th, 2019 at 11:55:06 AM permalink
Joe has been Biden his time to Trump the President
MaxPen
MaxPen
April 30th, 2019 at 11:59:42 AM permalink

Joe has been Biden his time to Trump the President

I find it hilarious that an old pedo is the hope of the dem party. I guess it is a step up from the HillDog.
ams288
ams288
April 30th, 2019 at 12:00:30 PM permalink
Quote: MaxPen

I find it hilarious that an old pedo is the hope of the dem party.

"Old pedo" more accurately describes Donald than any of the Dems running.
Steverinos
Steverinos
  • Threads: 5
April 30th, 2019 at 12:01:52 PM permalink

Well, it becomes theirs.

How is that not stealing? Because you get something in return for your taxes. That's why. Nobody is forcing you to live in a society with roads, police and fire departments, libraries, military defense, and education. And nobody is forcing you to work and and earn an income. You have the FREEDOM to CHOOSE to do these things.

If you want to be an anarchist, fine. If you wanted to be an anarchist that tells the truth, you might want to try "Taxation is Extortion" because it's a lot more accurate.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
April 30th, 2019 at 12:30:55 PM permalink
Quote: Steverinos

How is that not stealing? Because you get something in return for your taxes. That's why. Nobody is forcing you to live in a society with roads, police and fire departments, libraries, military defense, and education. And nobody is forcing you to work and and earn an income. You have the FREEDOM to CHOOSE to do these things.

If you want to be an anarchist, fine. If you wanted to be an anarchist that tells the truth, you might want to try "Taxation is Extortion" because it's a lot more accurate.

It does not matter that I "get a return" or not. In the case of Beta's climate change tax I absolutely do not. It is theft plain and simple.

Are you saying that if I take your wallet it is not theft if I say, "hey, I took your money but here, the gambling I did with it I placed on your Player's Card, maybe you can get a buffet comp."

Extortion is theft as well, btw.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
April 30th, 2019 at 12:34:29 PM permalink

It is not stealing anymore than if you murdered someone and the cops held you at gunpoint and locked you up it would e kidnapping. Commit a crime (either murder or tax evasion) it is not a crime for the authorities to lock you up at gunpoint

Come now, righties cant possibly believe if they commit crimes the government using weapons in apprehension is a reciprocal crime. (So much for illegals coming over being held lol)

If I hold you hostage and demand money for your release that is called ransom (illegal)

If you commit a crime and the government holds you and demands money for your release its called Bail (legal)

No, if I murdered someone then I actively did something to harm them. Taxes are someone coming to me and saying I have to give them something that is mine and I do not want to give. That is theft where I come from.

Saying you are "the government" does not change it being theft.
Steverinos
Steverinos
April 30th, 2019 at 12:40:17 PM permalink

It does not matter that I "get a return" or not. In the case of Beta's climate change tax I absolutely do not. It is theft plain and simple.

It does matter. And it is not as plain and simple as you claim. Where your argument falls apart is that nobody is forcing you to earn an income in our society.

I'm almost 100% certain of the answer to this but I've wondered, do you have kids?
darkoz
darkoz
April 30th, 2019 at 12:43:01 PM permalink

No, if I murdered someone then I actively did something to harm them. Taxes are someone coming to me and saying I have to give them something that is mine and I do not want to give. That is theft where I come from.

Actually the government is in power so they do get to say it.

We live in a society governed by laws.

I thought you wanted laws. You keep harping on illegals breaking the law by being here

And how the law protects your rights to bear arms.

Private citizens do not get to determine what laws are corrupt or not.

If you feel so strongly stop being a private citizen and run for office on an elimination of taxes platform

Who knows maybe with that you will get elected (and then vote for higher taxes most likely when you find out you are voting against your own income as an elected official)
darkoz
darkoz
April 30th, 2019 at 12:45:27 PM permalink

Wait

Is it your official position that not paying your taxes causes no harm?
EvenBob
EvenBob
April 30th, 2019 at 1:08:51 PM permalink

It's not June yet. According to EvenBob that's when she'll be entering the race. lol

And Rush. He said last week to
not count out Hillary yet. She's
just waiting for the riff raff to
wear themselves out.
ams288
ams288
April 30th, 2019 at 1:46:45 PM permalink

And Rush. He said last week to
not count out Hillary yet.

Oh goodie. So when she doesn’t get in the race we’ll have more definitive proof that Rush is a moron.
MaxPen
MaxPen
April 30th, 2019 at 2:07:42 PM permalink

Oh goodie. So when she doesn’t get in the race we’ll have more definitive proof that Rush is a moron.

She's probably saving up her energy. She's only has about 5 speeches left in her before she joins RBG in the Great Beyond
ams288
ams288
April 30th, 2019 at 2:09:38 PM permalink
Quote: MaxPen

She's probably saving up her energy. She's only has about 5 speeches left in her before she joins RBG in the Great Beyond

Y’all have been saying that since before 2016.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
April 30th, 2019 at 2:10:17 PM permalink

It does matter. And it is not as plain and simple as you claim. Where your argument falls apart is that nobody is forcing you to earn an income in our society.

What do you mean, "nobody forces you to earn an income?" Earning an income is a natural, inalienable right.

Quote:

I'm almost 100% certain of the answer to this but I've wondered, do you have kids?

I do not. There is not one waking moment in my life I ever wanted to have kids. What does that have to do with anything?
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
April 30th, 2019 at 2:12:19 PM permalink

Wait

Is it your official position that not paying your taxes causes no harm?

My position is taxes, at the least income and property taxes, are theft. Anything a person can do to legally minimize them is a good thing.

Excise taxes I can more live with as they are more voluntary.
darkoz
darkoz
April 30th, 2019 at 2:17:49 PM permalink

What do you mean, "nobody forces you to earn an income?" Earning an income is a natural, inalienable right.

Exactly

You have the right to work.. or not.

Heres a brain buster for you.

If I choose not to work, the government does NOT send guys with guns and force me to work. (I of all people should know having slept on the subway without working for 7 years).

If you choose to work and not pay your taxes the government will show up and demand them

You have the right not to work.

You do not have the right not to pay taxes on your income. (Note you have the right not to pay taxes if you exercise your right not to work)
MaxPen
MaxPen
April 30th, 2019 at 2:22:20 PM permalink

Y’all have been saying that since before 2016.

It's not my fault that all the libs keep supplying her with the blood of their infant children.
Steverinos
Steverinos
April 30th, 2019 at 2:22:27 PM permalink

Excise taxes I can more live with as they are more voluntary.

Umm, working and earning an income is voluntary.
Boz
Boz
  • Threads: 155
April 30th, 2019 at 2:23:46 PM permalink

If you choose to work and not pay your taxes the government will show up and demand them

You do not have the right not to pay taxes on your income.

For some reason the criminals crossing the border willing to work below minimum wage for cash seemed to have missed that point.

And YES those who employ them are criminals too.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
April 30th, 2019 at 2:25:47 PM permalink

Umm, working and earning an income is voluntary.

And income taxes are not.

What is your point here?
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
April 30th, 2019 at 2:27:13 PM permalink

Exactly

You have the right to work.. or not.

Heres a brain buster for you.

If I choose not to work, the government does NOT send guys with guns and force me to work. (I of all people should know having slept on the subway without working for 7 years).

You have the right not to work.

You do not have the right not to pay taxes on your income. (Note you have the right not to pay taxes if you exercise your right not to work)

So are you agreeing taxes are theft with that last line? I really cannot follow what you are saying.
Steverinos
Steverinos
April 30th, 2019 at 2:30:01 PM permalink

And income taxes are not.

What is your point here?

This can't be anymore simple. If you do not want to pay income tax, don't earn an income. If you don't want to pay property taxes, don't purchase property. Both are VOLUNTARY.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
April 30th, 2019 at 2:44:59 PM permalink

This can't be anymore simple. If you do not want to pay income tax, don't earn an income. If you don't want to pay property taxes, don't purchase property. Both are VOLUNTARY.

Kind of messed up. I will stick with claiming it is theft.

I will leave you to polish your chains now.
Steverinos
Steverinos
April 30th, 2019 at 2:50:02 PM permalink

Kind of messed up. I will stick with claiming it is theft.

I have no doubt you will. I just wish you'd come out of the anarchy closet. It'd be the "manly" thing to do.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 213
April 30th, 2019 at 2:52:32 PM permalink
Why not go whole hog Duffman. Government is stealing money; the Constitution is also limiting and I'm sure you didn't sign on a dotted line, just like the rest of us.

You are only going halfway. Very illogical.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
Steverinos
Steverinos
Thanked by
terapined
April 30th, 2019 at 2:54:34 PM permalink
Quote: Boz

And YES those who employ them are criminals too.

I already knew Trump was a piece of s**t but now you do too.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/06/us/trump-bedminster-golf-undocumented-workers.html
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
April 30th, 2019 at 3:07:45 PM permalink
Quote: rxwine

Why not go whole hog Duffman. Government is stealing money; the Constitution is also limiting and I'm sure you didn't sign on a dotted line, just like the rest of us.

You are only going halfway. Very illogical.

You do know the Constitution had to be amended to allow the government to impose an income tax? That alone is a big proof that it is theft in my opinion.
darkoz
darkoz
April 30th, 2019 at 3:12:18 PM permalink

You do know the Constitution had to be amended to allow the government to impose an income tax? That alone is a big proof that it is theft in my opinion.

So you feel its a crime women can vote?

Thats also an amendment of the constitution

Quite certain no constitutional scholar will agree with your reasoning that if anything is amended that is proof of criminality
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
April 30th, 2019 at 3:19:28 PM permalink

So you feel its a crime women can vote?

Thats also an amendment of the constitution

Quite certain no constitutional scholar will agree with your reasoning that if anything is amended that is proof of criminality

What does women voting have to do with income taxes being theft by the government?

Constitution was amended because before it was the feds had no right to steal in the name of income tax. My position remains, if men with guns take something from you it is theft, doesn't matter if they carry an IRS badge.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 213
April 30th, 2019 at 3:20:26 PM permalink

But my point is, no part of the Constitution is any more legal than any other part, because according to you, unless you agreed to be taxed, it is theft. None of us agree to any of it, if you want to make that argument, that's where it takes you.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
darkoz
darkoz
April 30th, 2019 at 3:29:12 PM permalink

What does women voting have to do with income taxes being theft by the government?

Constitution was amended because before it was the feds had no right to steal in the name of income tax. My position remains, if men with guns take something from you it is theft, doesn't matter if they carry an IRS badge.

So when men with guns working for ICE took infants and children away from illegal immigrants entering this country you felt that was kidnapping, correct?
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
April 30th, 2019 at 3:47:20 PM permalink

So when men with guns working for ICE took infants and children away from illegal immigrants entering this country you felt that was kidnapping, correct?

Nope, that is law enforcement. From the moment Obama started the policy.
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
Thanked by
wellwellwell
April 30th, 2019 at 4:22:02 PM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

But how can you seriously say that, though? I’m talking about the first & second paragraphs quoted above. It was literally a few days or week(s?) ago when you were putting on some heavy spin about the Mueller report and Trump’s “I’m f***ed” comment taken 100000% out of context.

As the Ancient Hawaiians used to say, “The turtle calling the lizard a reptile.”

You haven't read the Mueller report. It doesn't say what you, and Trump, and Barr, claim it says (or doesn't say).

Read the actual report. Substitute the name Clinton for the name Trump in every sentence if you have to, so you can see what it actually says. Not what others are saying about it.

The .pdf is everywhere.

You're moving the goalposts. It remains clear the "I'm f***ed" comment was taken way out of context and there was some heavy spin put on it.
darkoz
darkoz
April 30th, 2019 at 4:22:35 PM permalink

Nope, that is law enforcement. From the moment Obama started the policy.

So then its law enforcement once congress amended the constitution that you had to pay taxes

You dont get to fart out both sides of your ass
  • Jump to: