Delete
Last edited by: onenickelmiracle on Apr 7, 2018
I am a robot.
Rigondeaux
Rigondeaux
  • Threads: 30
April 7th, 2018 at 1:25:58 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

I try not to. I am a "flipper". When an ad comes up I instinctively switch channels. I have a great internal clock which tells me when the two minute commercial break is over.

I have always been too. However, thinking back, i was familiar with a lot of commercials in my yoot. So i must have watched a lot. I feel like chicken tonight. Like chicken tonight!

I only really see commercials on youtube now. Oftentimes i will let them play so that whoever posted the video gets some money. I probably am using another tab more often than not though.

What they should do is bring back the 50s style thing where the stars of the shows do ads. People would watch those.

Or maybe you just have a scene that was cut from the show sponsored by Subway, sandwiched between two regular ads. "If you enjoyed this extra joke from it's always sunny in Philadelphia, be sure to try our gross new crap!"
billryan
billryan 
  • Threads: 240
April 7th, 2018 at 2:14:56 PM permalink
My friend has a jail broken fire stick and the only sports he seems to get are European soccer games. He's unable to get the Yes Network, for example.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
DrawingDead
DrawingDead
  • Threads: 9
April 8th, 2018 at 12:16:44 PM permalink
You can watch your DamnYankees through your preferred NooYawkuh's "Yes Network" right now right where you're at or plan to be for a cost of about $15/month, plus a one time $40 or so purchase of a little accessory device if you prefer to watch it on your big screen living room TV instead of on a computer monitor or tablet or phone display. I am doing it right now. I'm looking at the home NY broadcast of their game with the Orioles as I type this, and I'm about 2,500 miles away from it.
Quote: billryan

My friend has a jail broken fire stick and the only sports he seems to get are European soccer games. He's unable to get the Yes Network, for example.

I can tell you how to get this going, at least for baseball including the Yankees broadcasts on the Yes Network, without jail-breaking anything.

There are only a couple of things I want to even have a TV for, and baseball is about half of them. I watch about 15 or so games a week in their entirety, and parts of another several, some of them in multiple ways from multiple sources, as I have both home & away feeds of all the local & regional sports networks, plus even a third and fourth type of broadcast(s) for each involving play by play with an overlay of Statcast displays & other real-time data.... and yes, as a matter of fact I probably am insane in this way, but you don't have to be. If I go into all the different ways I choose to get all that (and the other TV-worthy sport that involves four footed athletes) this could get very long. I don't mind, but I'll try to just do once over lightly for the most cheap easy path that comes to mind, and unless I'm asked I'll hold off on a bunch of the other ways I also get all those games through my DVR & whatnot, that I also subscribe to with something called "Extra Innings" giving me thirty specialized channels for this all day every day for every game from MLB through my satellite dish.

I should also note that I *think* this can *most likely* now also be done in a similar way for what I *suspect* is *probably* a comparable cost for the other major sports, since when I renew my annual subscriptions I've been seeing some copycat stuff around for the last several years from NFL & NBA & NHL after MLB had so much success with their alternative broadcast technology platform. But I've never looked into any of those, so I can't help with any specific info on them.

You can watch your choice of home or away feeds, or both, for any MLB game or games, by subscribing to the MLB Network through their "At-Bat" app & website & signing up for the "premium" version of that service. If you want to do that, you can watch from wherever on whatever. Including the Yes Network's telecast of those obscure pinstriped guys playing in that little village of the Bronx or when taking a choo-choo to other little places. For a single adopted "home" team of your choice (home & away feeds) they charge about $90 a year, which of course covers the entire six month 162 game season + the entire postseason. If you want ALL the feeds of ALL the games of ALL the major league teams (with few exceptions) the cost for this option goes up to either about $25/monthly, or else $115 for the calendar year. (You also get other stuff for the rest of the calendar year including a lot of spring training games & some off-season international & winter ball & whatnot if you care for that.)

You can view them through your choice of multiple devices, and in fact I think I've used at least nine, with four different operating systems, and sometimes had more than one on at a time, and have done so while travelling all over the country. I find that the "At-Bat" app or site video signal quality is excellent more than 90% of the time, so long as I have access to at least a mediocre internet (or even 4g cellular) connection of some sort. When I started using this service I also went to Best Buy and bought a simple basic version of a "Roku Stick" for some minimal cost < fiddy-dollah, which plugs into the back of my TVs (or anything else with a video screen and a USB slot). And among many other things, with no hacking or jail-breaking it has an MLB-TV app pre-downloaded. If you have that "At-Bat" subscription from MLB you can then choose to use it to send your choice of game broadcast from the internet to your TV over a simple home wifi network.

There's more viewing/listening/obsessing stuff peddled directly by the sports league for those who want it, but I'll stop with just this part. I do choose to also have a lot of other bells & whistles & conveniences & choices & two more channels of all baseball news all the time 24/7 & a partridge in a ballpark pear tree for about $170/year more baseball subscription services on top of my DISH TV satellite service, which also has those mobile "At-Bat - Premium" services included within it. But like we established above, I'm nuts, and you don't have to get that way quite so much if you don't want to.

Now back to picture-in-picture of two channels of St. Louis hosting Arizona at Busch, where I belong.

https://www.mlb.com/live-stream-games/subscribe

Quote: MLB

MLB.TV Out-Of-Market Packages

MLB.TV - All Teams
Watch EVERY out-of-market regular season game LIVE or on demand in HD
Watch on your favorite supported devices (includes At Bat Premium app)
Choose home or away feeds
New MLB.TV Media Player for the web
New Catch-Up feature for tvOS
Follow Your Team Feature for only $10 Now Available
Full Features
Best Value
$115.99/Yearly
$24.99/Monthly

MLB.TV - Single Team
Watch ONE team's out-of-market regular season games live or on demand in HD
Watch on your favorite supported devices
New MLB.TV Media Player for web
New Catch-Up feature for tvOS
Note: this product will not allow you to view live games of any in-market team
$89.99/Yearly

Student and Military discounts available for MLB.TV Yearly, MLB.TV Monthly and MLB.TV Single Team Packages. Authenticate during checkout to receive a discount.

Want to give MLB.TV as Gift? Gift giving is available for MLB.TV Yearly and MLB.TV Single Team Packages. Click here to get started.

Blackout and other restrictions apply. Blackout restrictions subject to change. Please check this page periodically for updates. Data and usage rates may apply to MLB.com At Bat download and use.

Your yearly subscription to MLB.TV, MLB.TV Single Team and Gameday Audio will automatically renew annually on or about March 1 each year at the then-current year's regular full yearly price. Your monthly subscription to MLB.TV will recur monthly through and including October and will automatically renew annually on or about March 1 each year at the then-current year's regular full monthly price. Cancel any time before your next billing period. You can cancel online or by e-mail. For the full refund policy, click here

Blackout Restrictions
Check your local restrictions here by typing in your zipcode:
REGULAR SEASON LOCAL LIVE BLACKOUT DISCLAIMER
If a game is blacked out in an area or available exclusively via Facebook as described below, it is not available for live game viewing through MLB.TV. If you are an MLB.TV subscriber within an area subject to blackout, the applicable game will be available as an archived game approximately 90 minutes after the conclusion of the game.

Supported Connected Devices
Xbox OnePlaystation 4Apple TVRokuAmazon Fire TVPanasonicSamsungLGSony Blu-RayTiVoAndroid TVChromecast
For a full list of supported device models, click here.

At Bat Premium App Features:
Watch on supported iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, Android, and Amazon devices
Watch 60fps video for unmatched high quality streaming (iPhone 6+, select iPads only)
Listen to Home, Away and Spanish-language (where available) radio broadcasts
Enhanced, Gameday pitch-by-pitch features
home-away-broadcast
Home and Away Broadcast
MLB.TV Yearly and Monthly subscribers watch either Home or Away video broadcasts. Whether your team is at home or on the road, never miss your favorite announcers calling your team's game. MLB.TV Single Team subscribers watch your team's broadcast feed.

More Features
NEW MLB.TV Media Player for Web
MLB.TV will debut a new high definition Media Player for the web, completely redesigned for the 2018 season.

60 Frames Per Second
Supported devices delivering the best picture quality (60fps) live video streaming: iPhone 6+, iPhone 6S+, iPad, Apple TV, Chromecast™, PlayStation® 4, Roku®, and Xbox® One.

LIVE Game DVR Controls
Pause and rewind LIVE games with DVR controls. Jump back to create your own instant replay.

Full Game Archives
Watch full game archives of 2018 games with no local or national blackout restrictions. Set your Media Player to remove spoilers and watch as if the game was live.

Audio Overlay
Overlay the home or away team's radio broadcast over the live video or use the "Park" option to include the ballpark's natural sounds on supported connected devices.

NEW Catch-up Feature for Apple TV
New Catch-up feature for Apple TV (4th Generation and above): Watch the key plays you missed in a fraction of the time and then join the game Live.

HD Quality
Speed detection technology delivers high definition video on any size screen during the MLB regular season (sufficient bandwidth required).

Gameday Audio
Listen to every regular season and Postseason game LIVE online and on supported iOS and Android devices with no blackouts. Choose home, away, or alternate audio.

Spanish Audio Sync
Spanish-language audio overlay option for every available regular season game on supported connected devices.

Pitchcast
Track the location, type and speed of every pitch LIVE. Follow the balls and strikes on overlay. See if you can spot when a pitcher is tiring.

Clickable Linescores
Go directly to any half inning.

Last edited by: DrawingDead on Apr 8, 2018
Suck dope, watch TV, make up stuff, be somebody on the internet.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 213
April 10th, 2018 at 3:53:23 PM permalink
I was on another forum and was looking at their "who's online" info.

Quote:

Total: 133 (members: 22, guests: 95, robots: 16)

There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 86
April 10th, 2018 at 4:03:54 PM permalink
Quote: DrawingDead

There are only a couple of things I want to even have a TV for, and baseball is about half of them. I watch about 15 or so games a week in their entirety, and parts of another several,

I enjoy hearing about people that are passionate about a sport and not just a specific team. I am the same way when it comes to college football. I watch and record about every game that is on television.
At my age, a "Life In Prison" sentence is not much of a deterrent.
RogerKint
RogerKint
  • Threads: 15
Thanked by
mcallister3200
April 10th, 2018 at 4:37:48 PM permalink
Thought I was the only one that did that. I've seen the Army v SDSU game dozens of times. That Army offense tho.
100% risk of ruin
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
  • Threads: 232
April 11th, 2018 at 3:15:05 AM permalink
A gambling movie, new on DVD and streaming, Molly's Game got a high 7.5 rating on IMDB.
It's based on the true story of Molly Bloom, an Olympic skier who ran a very high stakes poker game and became an FBI target.
I'm looking forward to seeing it soon.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4209788/
Please don't feed the trolls
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
April 11th, 2018 at 6:11:36 AM permalink
Quote: lilredrooster

It's based on the true story of Molly Bloom, an Olympic skier who ran a very high stakes poker game and became an FBI target.

Actually she became a target of the Russian Mafia who used some New Jersey muscle and then things went downhill from there.

Its on Dish TV's Pay Per View Channel since Dish TV just ran a notice about Molly's Game's availability.
rxwine
rxwine
Thanked by
petroglyphonenickelmiracle
April 12th, 2018 at 12:27:15 AM permalink
Dead whale has 64 pounds of plastic in its stomach.

150 million tons of plastic floating in the ocean with 8 million tons added each year.

You probably don't have to be a radical environmentalist to think that might be a problem.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
GlenG
GlenG
  • Threads: 11
April 12th, 2018 at 1:17:06 AM permalink
Any gamers? New God Of War game out in 8 days!! Looks so epic
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
  • Threads: 57
April 12th, 2018 at 5:38:29 AM permalink
Quote: GlenG

Any gamers? New God Of War game out in 8 days!! Looks so epic

Been too busy with Farcry 5 =D
Face
Administrator
Face
  • Threads: 49
April 12th, 2018 at 11:31:15 AM permalink
I just started Witcher II. Catch up with y'all in a decade.

In other news, Billy Mitchell caught a lifetime ban from TG for CHEATING. MAME'd his million on DK.

#TeamWeibe
The opinions of this moderator are for entertainment purposes only.
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
April 12th, 2018 at 11:44:55 AM permalink
Quote: Face

In other news, Billy Mitchell caught a lifetime ban from TG for CHEATING. MAME'd his million on DK.

#TeamWeibe

Twin Galaxies as a whole is super weird

Billy Mitchell is a psycopath

Still no Justice for Steve Weibe though, I believe #2 to Billy's fake was recently someone else who did it legitimately
TigerWu
TigerWu
  • Threads: 26
April 12th, 2018 at 12:21:00 PM permalink
Quote: Face

#TeamWeibe

Wow! They just stripped ALL of his records... every single one.

Twin Galaxies was a huge part of the problem for years, but apparently they're trying to clean up their act with new management now that Walter Day is no long in charge.
TigerWu
TigerWu
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
April 12th, 2018 at 4:14:29 PM permalink
Rofl.

http://www.urbanbaby.com/topics/55824207

Quote:

Return to Talk
04.12.18, 22:20 PM General Topics
0 replies
Seriously, who gives a fuck what de 'Foundin' Fadders' said, or what? Ovuh 200 years ago in a time where slavery was fully legal, and a woman coun't vote or do much wit'out huh husband's say. Yuh with me? Who de hell cares what dey thought, or what? Any thoughts dey had applied mostly fawh deir own time period. Ya' dig? Please, let's focus on people today and fawhm our own thoughts. Right? Not idolize a bunch of high bawhn men who were fuckin' deir slaves whenevuh dey felt like it [ REPLY | WATCH | FLAG ]

lilredrooster
lilredrooster
April 14th, 2018 at 12:33:13 PM permalink
this is a great story

restroom hand dryers in public bathrooms which are supposed to greatly contribute to good hygiene are actually sucking up airborne fecal matter from the bathroom environment and then spewing it onto your hands

fecal matter is poo poo. or what young mommies like to call KaKa.

happy trails everybody. and watch out for blowing KaKa.

https://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Restroom-hand-dryers-spew-fecal-matter-onto-our-12829676.php
TigerWu
TigerWu
April 14th, 2018 at 12:45:04 PM permalink

this is a great story

restroom hand dryers in public bathrooms which are supposed to greatly contribute to good hygiene are actually sucking up airborne fecal matter from the bathroom environment and then spewing it onto your hands

I've been hearing for YEARS that you shouldn't use air dryers.

You're always supposed to use paper towels, because if you just let your hands dry, or use a dryer, the germs or bacteria or whatever just "dry" to your hands. You need the towels to actually wipe off the bad stuff. It's even better to wipe your hands dry on your pants or shirt rather than use a dryer.

I'm sure I'm butchering the science a little but that's the gist of it.
DrawingDead
DrawingDead
  • Threads: 9
April 14th, 2018 at 2:51:14 PM permalink

airborne fecal matter

Somewhere in the little white space between the terms "airborne" and "fecal" I ceased caring about form or method or any possible incremental assistance by appliance or accessory in furthering the sucking or inhaling or ping-ponging or floating or drizzling or hovering or gliding about or nesting or doing the organic-fog-orchestra's two-step jive-tango triple-dismount twisty-somersault rumba-boogie shimmy-shake jumpin-jack nostril-dance or whatever, and mentally just turned and ran clear out of there to find a shrub or dumpster to squat behind.

In other words, screw the wipey stuff, now I feel like I've gotta problem with that air no matter how it blows.
Last edited by: DrawingDead on Apr 14, 2018
Suck dope, watch TV, make up stuff, be somebody on the internet.
AxelWolf
AxelWolf
  • Threads: 164
April 14th, 2018 at 9:30:42 PM permalink

this is a great story

fecal matter is poo poo. or what young mommies like to call KaKa.

happy trails everybody. and watch out for blowing KaKa.

https://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Restroom-hand-dryers-spew-fecal-matter-onto-our-12829676.php

Well crap. I love them things. I would love one in my house, a full body one would be awesome. Now I will be thinking about this next time I see one.
♪♪Now you swear and kick and beg us That you're not a gamblin' man Then you find you're back in Vegas With a handle in your hand♪♪ Your black cards can make you money So you hide them when you're able In the land of casinos and money You must put them on the table♪♪ You go back Jack do it again roulette wheels turinin' 'round and 'round♪♪ You go back Jack do it again♪♪
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
  • Threads: 212
April 15th, 2018 at 3:15:09 AM permalink
Quote: rxwine

Dead whale has 64 pounds of plastic in its stomach.

150 million tons of plastic floating in the ocean with 8 million tons added each year.

You probably don't have to be a radical environmentalist to think that might be a problem.

it all gets into the food supply from microbe level. Truthfully nothing can be done imo. We're not giving up on plastic.
I am a robot.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
April 15th, 2018 at 3:36:28 AM permalink
Over at DT there have been postings about plastic microfibers in fish.
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
April 18th, 2018 at 2:48:17 AM permalink
I have a question for you geeky guys.
I have a gmail account using an alias - all of the info associated with the account is fake. this is a very common thing.
I use if for getting coupons and not getting slammed by spam in my main real email
today, in the spam folder of that gmail account I got an email that shook me up a little bit
it was addressed to me using my real name. it then had a link which I didn't click on for fear it was a security threat
how is that possible? how could anybody figure out my real name from that account with all bogus info?
and BTW my real name is a very uncommon name - so it couldn't be by chance
It makes me feel a little bit like computer power to spy on people is even much greater than I thought
It's really spooky
Thanks
RS
RS
April 18th, 2018 at 2:53:10 AM permalink

I have a gmail account using an alias - all of the info associated with the account is fake
I use if for getting coupons and not getting slammed by spam in my main real email
today, in the spam folder of that gmail account I got an email that shook me up a little bit
it was addressed to me using my real name
how is that possible? how could anybody figure out my real name from that account with all bogus info?
It makes me feel a little bit like computer power to spy on people is even much greater than I thought
Thanks

Idk but that’s sketchy as hell.
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
April 18th, 2018 at 3:01:15 AM permalink
Quote: RS

Idk but that’s sketchy as hell.

please clarify. what do you mean by "sketchy". thousands of people do the same thing.
what additional info could I provide to find out an answer?
the secondary definition of "sketchy" is disreputable, dishonorable.
I don't see my actions as being that at all.
RS
RS
Thanked by
onenickelmiracle
April 18th, 2018 at 3:33:12 AM permalink

please clarify. what do you mean by "sketchy". thousands of people do the same thing.
what additional info could I provide to find out an answer?
the secondary definition of "sketchy" is disreputable, dishonorable.
I don't see my actions as being that at all.

Sketchy — not you. Sketchy as in it’s sketchy the spammer or whatever used your name that’s not associated to that email.

Have you ever signed up for anything using your real name and that email address? Like leaving a comment card at a restaurant or some online survey? IE: Any way that email address could be connected, in any way, with your real name?

I’m throwing out a random guess or at least my only understanding of how this may possibly be possible, other than you doing something like associating your name with that email address then that company selling that information to someone. But with Gmail you can kinda link different emails together. I don’t know exactly how that works, but I can login to multiple gmail accounts at the same time and it seems like they’re sorta added on the same profile or something wonky like that. But even then, I doubt google is selling your information to random ass spam peoples.
Nathan
Nathan
  • Threads: 66
April 18th, 2018 at 3:34:00 AM permalink

I have a gmail account using an alias - all of the info associated with the account is fake. this is a very common thing.
it was addressed to me using my real name. it then had a link which I didn't click on for fear it was a security threat
It's really spooky
Thanks

I remember in my younger years I had a check bounce and I got a phone call on my cell phone to inquire about the bounced check. I spoke about it without thinking. They hung up and my logical brain said,"That was sketchy. You didn't put your cellphone number on the check so they shouldn't have known your cellphone number. " I called them back to ask,"How'd you get my cellphone number in the first place?" They never picked up.

What worries me about your dilemma is that you have an uncommon name and they shouldn't have known it since you set up a fake name when you did your email. On a scam warning website they said that there are scammers who address people with popular names in order to scare them into giving them cash such as "John Smith, we are the IRS and we will have you imprisoned for not paying your taxes in 2017. Unless you give us $2500, and your taxes will be considered paid." They hope your government name really is John Smith and you will be so scared you will just give them the $2500. The scam warnings website said that the real IRS will not give out emails. If they use your government name, call the police, don't pay them.

Since they used your uncommon name, check your bank statements online and make sure you haven't had your identity stolen. Make sure you haven't been hacked, because them knowing your uncommon name from an alias based email is a red flag.
In both The Hunger Games and in gambling, may the odds be ever in your favor. :D "Man Babes" #AxelFabulous "Olive oil is processed but it only has one ingredient, olive oil."-Even Bob, March 27/28th. :D The 2 year war is over! Woo-hoo! :D I sometimes speak in metaphors. ;) Remember this. ;) Crack the code. :D 8.9.13.25.14.1.13.5.9.19.14.1.20.8.1.14! :D "For about the 4096th time, let me offer a radical idea to those of you who don't like Nathan -- block her and don't visit Nathan's Corner. What is so complicated about it?" Wizard, August 21st. :D
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
Thanked by
DRich
April 18th, 2018 at 3:35:56 AM permalink
While logged into Fake Account did you click on any ads or join any groups?
If so your IP address gets logged.
Doesn't take too long for the computers to note that two different identities share the same IP addresses and share common interests.
Most sites collect info on which site you came from and which site you went to.
RS
RS
April 18th, 2018 at 3:53:05 AM permalink
Quote: Nathan

I remember in my younger years I had a check bounce and I got a phone call on my cell phone to inquire about the bounced check. I spoke about it without thinking. They hung up and my logical brain said,"That was sketchy. You didn't put your cellphone number on the check so they shouldn't have known your cellphone number. " I called them back to ask,"How'd you get my cellphone number in the first place?" They never picked up.

What worries me about your dilemma is that you have an uncommon name and they shouldn't have known it since you set up a fake name when you did your email. On a scam warning website they said that there are scammers who address people with popular names in order to scare them into giving them cash such as "John Smith, we are the IRS and we will have you imprisoned for not paying your taxes in 2017. Unless you give us $2500, and your taxes will be considered paid." They hope your government name really is John Smith and you will be so scared you will just give them the $2500. The scam warnings website said that the real IRS will not give out emails. If they use your government name, call the police, don't pay them.

Since they used your uncommon name, check your bank statements online and make sure you haven't had your identity stolen. Make sure you haven't been hacked, because them knowing your uncommon name from an alias based email is a red flag.

Yup.

Whenever I get a call and they ask “Is RS there?” I’m like, “Uh, who is this?” And they trynna say they want to talk to me. But I sure as hell ain’t saying who I am unless it’s someone I want to talk to.

A few years ago (forgive me, details a bit foggy), but I got a from someone who saying I was overbilled on something (maybe doctor or hospital, but I don’t remember). I wouldn’t confirm my information cuz idk who dafaq they is. And they wouldn't tell me what they were calling about because I wouldn’t confirm who I was. A bit of a 2-legged-dog dilemma, as some would say. That actually seems to happen sorta often with me. It would turn into me giving them a tiny bit of information, then them giving me a tiny bit of information about me, until they’d believe I was me and I’d believe they are who they say they are. Good times.
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
April 18th, 2018 at 3:57:31 AM permalink
peek-a-boo

here's a sneak peek inside the "Dollhouse". Germany's first sex doll brothel.

these girls really know how to have a good time!!!

maybe there's a girl for you here. (insert smiley face emoji here) ( wov requirements to do this - homey don't play that tune)

https://foto.gettyimages.com/news/culture/germany-sex-doll-brothel/
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
April 18th, 2018 at 5:04:05 AM permalink

It's really spooky
Thanks

Google the email address
Hullabaloo
Hullabaloo
  • Threads: 17
April 18th, 2018 at 6:21:08 AM permalink

I do the same, with more than one email accounts.

Every once in a while I'll have that happen too: my full true name comes in on an email from someone I've never heard of or dealt with.

Best I can tell it happens when I use that email account to make a purchase and the vast majority of the time it's from China and/or nearby, and that includes ebay purchases.

The only solution I can think of is not doing business with them.
DRich
DRich
Thanked by
beachbumbabs
April 18th, 2018 at 6:57:07 AM permalink
I.P. address matching is very common. Think about it, if WOV uses it don't you think big companies do?
Nathan
Nathan
  • Threads: 66
April 19th, 2018 at 6:28:08 AM permalink
Is there a way that Admins could put just why a poster is banned/suspended on their profile page? It would save a lot of time of combing through posts by said poster in red to find out why they are banned/suspended or gasp! Asking about it on The Suspension Discussion Thread like I have done at times. ;) I Love Slots is banned for three days for a personal insult. 7 The Hard Way is permanently banned for being a Dupe ID of Strictly AP/Wizard Of Nothing. Disclaimer "The names" I used as examples are completely made up and any poster who has or will have those exact names or purely coincidental.;) Except for Strictly AP/Wizard Of Nothing ;)
In both The Hunger Games and in gambling, may the odds be ever in your favor. :D "Man Babes" #AxelFabulous "Olive oil is processed but it only has one ingredient, olive oil."-Even Bob, March 27/28th. :D The 2 year war is over! Woo-hoo! :D I sometimes speak in metaphors. ;) Remember this. ;) Crack the code. :D 8.9.13.25.14.1.13.5.9.19.14.1.20.8.1.14! :D "For about the 4096th time, let me offer a radical idea to those of you who don't like Nathan -- block her and don't visit Nathan's Corner. What is so complicated about it?" Wizard, August 21st. :D
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
April 19th, 2018 at 9:25:27 AM permalink
Quote: Nathan

Is there a way that Admins could put just why a poster is banned/suspended on their profile page? It would save a lot of time of combing through posts by said poster in red to find out why they are banned/suspended or gasp! Asking about it on The Suspension Discussion Thread like I have done at times. ;) I Love Slots is banned for three days for a personal insult. 7 The Hard Way is permanently banned for being a Dupe ID of Strictly AP/Wizard Of Nothing. Disclaimer "The names" I used as examples are completely made up and any poster who has or will have those exact names or purely coincidental.;) Except for Strictly AP/Wizard Of Nothing ;)

There's a suspension list in the Rules, though not perfect, does nearly all of that in one place. Even suspensions for reasons that are not evident in the thread are listed. Usually a link is provided to the offending post, if that's the issue.

Also, if you click on that person, within their last few posts (tracked on their profile), will almost always indicate why, especially if you read the next green moderator post in that thread - it will usually quote the person and list their offense.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
AxelWolf
AxelWolf
Thanked by
onenickelmiracleRS
April 19th, 2018 at 10:35:34 AM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

There's a suspension list in the Rules, though not perfect, does nearly all of that in one place. Even suspensions for reasons that are not evident in the thread are listed. Usually a link is provided to the offending post, if that's the issue.

Also, if you click on that person, within their last few posts (tracked on their profile), will almost always indicate why, especially if you read the next green moderator post in that thread - it will usually quote the person and list their offense.

I actully liked Nathans Idea.

I just go back and find there last few posts and it's easy to figure out why they got banned. If its someone who I know is a Trump fan, I just assume BBB tagged them for that. (-;
♪♪Now you swear and kick and beg us That you're not a gamblin' man Then you find you're back in Vegas With a handle in your hand♪♪ Your black cards can make you money So you hide them when you're able In the land of casinos and money You must put them on the table♪♪ You go back Jack do it again roulette wheels turinin' 'round and 'round♪♪ You go back Jack do it again♪♪
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
April 19th, 2018 at 10:54:53 AM permalink
Quote: AxelWolf

I actully liked Nathans Idea.

I just go back and find there last few posts and it's easy to figure out why they got banned. If its someone who I know is a Trump fan, I just assume BBB tagged them for that. (-;

Currently, we can't edit people's profile pages. It's above my pay grade to ask for programming changes (because those guys are paid), but not out of the realm of possibilities.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
  • Threads: 68
April 19th, 2018 at 7:09:46 PM permalink
A rare earthquake in the Detroit area centered around Amherstburg, Ontario just at the south end of the Detroit river. I was in Greektown eating and didn't feel a thing.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.clickondetroit.com/news/metro-detroit-shakes-after-36-magnitude-earthquake-hits-canada
DUHHIIIIIIIII HEARD THAT!
Keeneone
Keeneone
  • Threads: 21
April 19th, 2018 at 7:36:09 PM permalink
Quote: Ibeatyouraces

A rare earthquake in the Detroit area centered around Amherstburg, Ontario just at the south end of the Detroit river. I was in Greektown eating and didn't feel a thing.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.clickondetroit.com/news/metro-detroit-shakes-after-36-magnitude-earthquake-hits-canada

Interesting, 3.6 mag. I look at the USGS map (2.5+mag) occasionally and rarely see any east of OK.
https://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/eventpage/us1000dny9#executive
RS
RS
April 19th, 2018 at 7:48:38 PM permalink
This forum seems to be lacking some IMO pretty basic things. I don't mean that in a bad way or knocking on the forum. But many have a timed suspension feature type thing. Admin clicks on their profile, clicks ban, enters the amount of time (ie: 3 days) or date to be unsuspended (ie: May 1, 2018), the reason for the suspension (usually a link to post), and bada-bing bada-boom. Everything from there is automated. In the future, admin can look up reasons that person had been suspended in the past, their most recent suspension, and all that stuff, easily, without having to look through a make-shift spreadsheet. No need to update said make-shift spreadsheet or be worried about accidentially nuking the entire thing.

Also you could said PMs to multiple people at once, like a group chat. Admins had their own secret sub-forum for discussing stuff. When posts were deleted, they'd get sent to the "trash-can" sub-forum which was only visible by admins. Oh, and admins could change anything on anyone's profile, whether it be their username, password, email, signature, avatar, etc.

I still really like my idea that I pitched to Wizard before, but I think he ixnayed it. Essentially, a separate page that'd be used for forum competition type stuff. Like when there's that NFL fantasy league or w/e that Mission runs (I think?), or "The Cooperation Game", or other stuff like that.
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
April 19th, 2018 at 7:54:15 PM permalink

This forum seems to be lacking some IMO pretty basic things. I don't mean that in a bad way or knocking on the forum. But many have a timed suspension feature type thing. Admin clicks on their profile, clicks ban, enters the amount of time (ie: 3 days) or date to be unsuspended (ie: May 1, 2018), the reason for the suspension (usually a link to post), and bada-bing bada-boom. Everything from there is automated. In the future, admin can look up reasons that person had been suspended in the past, their most recent suspension, and all that stuff, easily, without having to look through a make-shift spreadsheet. No need to update said make-shift spreadsheet or be worried about accidentially nuking the entire thing.

Also you could said PMs to multiple people at once, like a group chat. Admins had their own secret sub-forum for discussing stuff. When posts were deleted, they'd get sent to the "trash-can" sub-forum which was only visible by admins. Oh, and admins could change anything on anyone's profile, whether it be their username, password, email, signature, avatar, etc.

I still really like my idea that I pitched to Wizard before, but I think he ixnayed it. Essentially, a separate page that'd be used for forum competition type stuff. Like when there's that NFL fantasy league or w/e that Mission runs (I think?), or "The Cooperation Game", or other stuff like that.

Most forums use a pre-made forum system. vBulletin is the most popular and is likely what you’ve seen on other sites.

I may be wrong, but for some reason it seems like this site uses a custom rolled solution, which makes it really labor intensive (expensive) to add more features.
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
April 20th, 2018 at 5:42:50 AM permalink
the geniuses at Domino's have launched THE STUPIDEST ad campaign I've ever seen

they're offering PIZZA INSURANCE

they'll give you a free pizza if you drop yours on the ground

that's supposed to make up for their pizza tasting like cardboard
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
April 20th, 2018 at 6:53:51 AM permalink

that's supposed to make up for their pizza tasting like cardboard

Insured cardboard.
Yeah, its a stupid ad but its a Madison Avenue technique to create some mythical "value". I mean how often do you really drop the pizza or leave it on top of the car as you drive off? If a falling tree falls on your car you are definitely going to be more wrapped up in calling the auto insurance company than the pizza insurance company.
RS
RS
April 20th, 2018 at 8:59:52 AM permalink
Domino’s pizza is actually good though.
MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 364
April 20th, 2018 at 9:16:58 AM permalink

Domino’s pizza is actually good though.

As compared to what?

Certainly not when stacked up against a well made NY style pie.
"What, me worry?"
DRich
DRich
April 20th, 2018 at 9:23:36 AM permalink
Quote: MrV

As compared to what?

Certainly not when stacked up against a well made NY style pie.

Domino's is my favorite chain delivery pizza. That two for $5.99 each deal seals it for me.
AxelWolf
AxelWolf
April 20th, 2018 at 9:37:30 AM permalink
I noticed that marketing campaign as well. I was thinking, they must be desperate.

There is a commercial where a tree falls on the guys SUV and he drops his pizza. He cares more about his pizza than his SUV. The commercial wasn't bad for considering how dumb I think this offer is.

I don't think Dominos or Pizza Hut's pizza is bad, I just don't consider it Pizza, just like I don't consider Mcdonalds burgers hamburgers, or If I want Mexican food, I don't think of Taco Bell. They are all in their own special category.
rxwine
rxwine
April 20th, 2018 at 9:53:46 AM permalink
I don't like Sbarro's pizza.
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
April 20th, 2018 at 10:22:13 AM permalink
Papa Johns is by far the best mass marketed pizza
  • Jump to: