Thread Rating:

billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
November 30th, 2017 at 11:49:40 AM permalink
Kill them all. Let God sort it out.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
Rigondeaux
Rigondeaux
  • Threads: 30
November 30th, 2017 at 12:14:53 PM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

I agree with most of what you said. The danger, and women leaders are and have been talking about these, are several.

1. False accusations for political, revenge, or personal motives.

2. Unintentional contact that was perceived differently than it was meant.

3. Lumping predatory behavior, juvenile behavior, physical abuse, and unintended contact together under "sexual transgressions ". There's an entire spectrum of behavior: some of it should result in criminal charges, job loss, other severe repercussions. Some of it does not rise to that level. But right now, it's all being seen through a single glass.

4. Women/men who ultimately became victims, but may have encouraged or initiated what became unacceptable to them.

It's not a black and white issue in most cases. But those who present themselves as victims/accusers will dilute or destroy any good that can come of this if they are marginal or false in their stories.

Number 3 is where things get really tricky.

I was talking about this with a friend who said one of his managers exposed himself to a woman and she was really shaken up about it for weeks. He said something to the effect of, "us trying to imagine women's emotions is like trying to imagine a dog's world of smells." As this is something he might literally forget.

Obviously, a manager exposing himself to an employee is clearly bad and should result in the end of his managerial career. But the point is the reaction to it. While it's not totally split along gender lines, those are the tendencies and different people react to these things differently.

Needless to say, women do much of the same stuff and it is fine. Calling people honey and sweety, being touchy feely, making sexual innuendo, and even exposing themselves. I suppose the main difference is there is no real threat of force underlying it all.

So you also have to decide where this should be accommodated and where it becomes the person who is upset's problem.

Much of this will never really be resolved.

One thing that really stands out in these scandals, and embodies the mindset of the "SJW" type of liberal who has risen to prominence is the total lack of concern for other people involved. Like canceling a TV show that gives 100s of people great jobs because some guy is accused of relatively minor sexual misconduct.

Why is this misconduct so special? Should we shut down every business when a prominent employee gets a DUI or cheats on his taxes?
MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 364
Thanked by
beachbumbabs
November 30th, 2017 at 3:10:43 PM permalink
"What, me worry?"
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
November 30th, 2017 at 4:51:05 PM permalink
Quote: MrV

Hello, kangaroo court of public opinion!

Precisely and that is what I meant by torch and lynch mob... for when things get really bad you either join the mob or become its victim; there is no in-between.

Misinterpreted behavior gets lumped in with sustained predatory behavior. Common sense gets suspended because failure to believe the victims is considered abuse.

Consider the soon to be released Molly's Game. No focus on her as a beautiful woman, no friends, no emotions in the men's world of high stakes poker, just a cut throat businesswoman.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
November 30th, 2017 at 5:00:51 PM permalink
Quote: Rigondeaux

Why is this misconduct so special? Should we shut down every business when a prominent employee gets a DUI or cheats on his taxes?

Yes. Failure to do so makes that business and everyone associated with it a target.

News crews that showed up investigating the Duke Rape allegations got drowned out by passers-by taunts. Articles were published and even won awards without any investigation or verification.

Now its becoming the same sort of 'zoo' with frenzied mobs responding to any allegation whatsoever no matter how remote in time or seemingly trivial it might have been.
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
  • Threads: 232
Thanked by
beachbumbabs
December 1st, 2017 at 11:13:23 AM permalink
Quote: FleaStiff

investigating the Duke Rape allegations

it's a fair point that you brought up - for those who don't know those allegations were unproven and most probably false

but if you bring that up then it's only fair to bring up the thousands of women who were tormented and never filed any kind of report because of a total lack of faith in either the justice system, or corporate America or their college administrations.

and the thousands of women who did file reports and had them wrongly dismissed by those same entities for various reasons including protecting established interests and disbelieving the women because of their gender or race or lack of status or membership in the middle or upper class
Please don't feed the trolls
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
  • Threads: 57
December 1st, 2017 at 12:00:11 PM permalink
The media, employers, and law enforcement need to be the solution and not allow people's lives to be ruined on an accusation alone.

What else do you do? Just ignore any accusations against a famous/powerful person because they are famous/powerful? That's how we got into this situation to begin with.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 212
December 1st, 2017 at 12:59:45 PM permalink
Some things I would like to see addressed that the public doubts or believes.

Why would adult victims wait so long? My personal opinion is if you could run experiments that were somehow ethical, it would probably confirm that most of them do, rather than the event actually being falsified. But it's something that really the public has a problem with for obvious reasons.

From an actual perpetrators point of view, you wouldn't want to create a situation where the victim immediately runs and tells. So, if there is any motivation at all, it's to do things keep the victim silent, whether intimidation, confusion with drugs, or just younger victims who can be intimidated, confused or drugged.

In the cases of losing a job, or making waves, it's always more unpleasant to go after a much more established perpetrator. So, just let it go.

Some of these events also weren't big enough for most to ever do anything at the time. One single grab for instance.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 93
December 2nd, 2017 at 6:50:29 AM permalink
Does anyone have a trick to make rubber car mats look black again. I have weathertech car mats and they were dirty. I took them out and washed them. They were clean but they still look grey and dirty. I used armorall and wiped them down and they looked good. Only problem is now they are slippery like ice. So now I am looking for an alternative that can make them look good but not slippery.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
TigerWu
TigerWu
  • Threads: 26
December 2nd, 2017 at 7:57:13 AM permalink
Maybe try cleaning them with some SImple Green? Or 409? Or just plain rubbing alcohol?
MaxPen
MaxPen
  • Threads: 13
December 2nd, 2017 at 8:44:26 AM permalink
Quote: GWAE

Does anyone have a trick to make rubber car mats look black again. I have weathertech car mats and they were dirty. I took them out and washed them. They were clean but they still look grey and dirty. I used armorall and wiped them down and they looked good. Only problem is now they are slippery like ice. So now I am looking for an alternative that can make them look good but not slippery.

Couple of illegals down at the Auto Spa works best. However, if you insist on doing it yourself use Meguiar's natural shine rubber and vinyl protectant for a no slip restoration.
GWAE
GWAE
December 2nd, 2017 at 9:09:56 AM permalink
Quote: MaxPen

Couple of illegals down at the Auto Spa works best. However, if you insist on doing it yourself use Meguiar's natural shine rubber and vinyl protectant for a no slip restoration.

Thank you, I will check that out today.

Someone also mention 303 aropsace something spray
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
December 4th, 2017 at 1:05:20 PM permalink
I bought ethereum today. bitcoin seemed too high. I didn't want to miss out on the chance it zooms real high like bitcoin. I didn't buy a lot. If it's a bubble and it pops it won't kill me. I plan to go to sleep and wake up in 10 years and check the price.
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
December 4th, 2017 at 1:14:48 PM permalink
I have a total of 24 coins. I'm up on 23 of them and only losing on one. That one is Ethereum. Thankfully I'm only down 0.33% on it, though.
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
December 4th, 2017 at 2:07:26 PM permalink
Quote: RS

I have a total of 24 coins. I'm up on 23 of them and only losing on one. That one is Ethereum. Thankfully I'm only down 0.33% on it, though.

which coins did you buy other than ethereum if you don't mind me asking. and do you plan to actively trade or buy and hold? thanks.

I'm pretty sure there's going to be an ETF (exchange traded fund) which is like a mutual fund that is going to be offered for coins in 2018. Tempting.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
December 4th, 2017 at 2:18:58 PM permalink
Did you buy one of those ethereum digital cats also? So far over a million dollars have been spent on them.
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
December 4th, 2017 at 2:48:37 PM permalink
Quote: FleaStiff

Did you buy one of those ethereum digital cats also? So far over a million dollars have been spent on them.

No, I read a little about it. I'm struggling to understand this stuff. I'm not a geeky guy. A lot of it is beyond me. I could probably learn it but I really don't have the interest. Just thinking there might be a chance of it going up a lot. I don't want the modern world to completely pass me by.
RS
RS
December 4th, 2017 at 4:04:52 PM permalink
Quote: lilredrooster

which coins did you buy other than ethereum if you don't mind me asking. and do you plan to actively trade or buy and hold? thanks.

I'm pretty sure there's going to be an ETF (exchange traded fund) which is like a mutual fund that is going to be offered for coins in 2018. Tempting.

Main plan is to hold them for long term #gainz. I'll keep buying more stuff if I think there's value in them.

My biggest winners are BTC, BCH (~47%), DASH (~55%), STORJ (~64%), and ETC (~55%). The others, except ETH, are all winners, although they are smaller in monetary terms, because either I invested a little bit (like DOGE or XWC where I have ~100% gains) or others where I invested more but have smaller returns like 10-25%.

I've been looking into "day trading" a little bit. I'm working on analyzing some stuff which takes more time than I had hoped. Oftentimes you'll see coins that have 60%+ gains over the past 24 hours. I'm trying to find a way to figure out which coins are going to have those gains early on. My plan is to "trade on paper" (pretend to buy, see what would have happened) right now, IF/until I can find the right formula. If I go down this route, I'm not sure how to figure out when to sell. One thought is to sell after exactly 24-hours, no matter what. Another option is to hold it until it drops some X% over some Y period. Or a combination.
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
December 4th, 2017 at 4:45:45 PM permalink
trading is very hard imo, much harder than APing. I've tried it and I didn't do well. I've only done well with buy and hold.
beachmonkey
beachmonkey
  • Threads: 6
December 4th, 2017 at 6:36:53 PM permalink

Main plan is to hold them for long term #gainz. I'll keep buying more stuff if I think there's value in them.

My biggest winners are BTC, BCH (~47%), DASH (~55%), STORJ (~64%), and ETC (~55%). The others, except ETH, are all winners, although they are smaller in monetary terms, because either I invested a little bit (like DOGE or XWC where I have ~100% gains) or others where I invested more but have smaller returns like 10-25%.

I've been looking into "day trading" a little bit. I'm working on analyzing some stuff which takes more time than I had hoped. Oftentimes you'll see coins that have 60%+ gains over the past 24 hours. I'm trying to find a way to figure out which coins are going to have those gains early on. My plan is to "trade on paper" (pretend to buy, see what would have happened) right now, IF/until I can find the right formula. If I go down this route, I'm not sure how to figure out when to sell. One thought is to sell after exactly 24-hours, no matter what. Another option is to hold it until it drops some X% over some Y period. Or a combination.

Good to hear you and lilredrooster ( post after yours) re day trading, what a wonderful thing you are embracing. Most definitely do paper trader first. Keep a written record of the thought process re anything that makes you buy or sell. It will help in the long run to see how you can streamline your process.
I would like to recommend that you read swing trading by WD Gann you can get it as a PDF free, he was a trading in1905 before computers, he had an excellent strategy re sell and buy that is completely relevant to 2017and beyond. Get through the old language and old school values ( social) print out the two or three books get your self a grid maths book and work his example he gives ( us steel) in your book make the chart by hand , plot the entry and exit points, write notations of what and why you are at this chart point.
You will have a fantastic introduction to a potentially lucrative future lifestyle. You will need to get your head around short selling, it’s really a cfd , that’s not hard , it’s just a mental shift .
I would recommend that ( after reading the above author and practice a little while) you sign up for a free forex trading account company called Fx trading or CMC trading, you will get $100000 demo account just tell them you plan to use them but would like to use the free trading platform first. Don’t sign up for any actual cash account as they can charge a monthly interest against your account. They will ring you every month to see how your going ie go live now. Just say you’re taking your time etc they are ok about that .
Use that trading platform and practice your entry and exits, how and where to place your stop loss , how to manage your margin calls, how to manage your account ie don’t trade more than 2% of account etc. Ig trading account allows you get a guaranteed stop loss position filled but that has extra costs and also different criteria in settings your position, l have used it but found it cuts up my margins too much. I mainly use just normal stop loss and have only had an odd occasion of slippage etc.
I would also check out an Aussie author called Darryl Guppy for information re parabolic curve trade re your voiced fear re bubble trading, a must know tool in your trading knowledge as I can see . Remember your most volatile time is your entry trade and you only initiate a trade if you know your exit point. Thus losses can be minimum.
I would avoid just buying and forgetting the share for ten years and you will understand why after reading Wd Gann although he will show you how with dollar cost averaging that you can have parcels of shares that will cost nothing and providing it’s still in operation you will always realise a profit., thus for filling you desired forget and hold strategy.
I hope you both succeed in this.
Kind happy trading regards
P. s talk with you financial advisor as my advice is from a non professional point of view, and is only my non professional opinion. ie you go bankrupt not my problem, but it would be more fun than a slot machine.
Last edited by: beachmonkey on Dec 4, 2017
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
December 4th, 2017 at 10:35:04 PM permalink

Lame. If you're going to be ignorant, at least have the kahunas to insist they're Mexicans hitting each other with the hot mops up there and you don't know wtf they're doing.
I am a robot.
MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 364
December 6th, 2017 at 10:30:43 PM permalink
Just watched a DVD with a nice bunch of shots of vintage Las Vegas, especially the lounges and main rooms that is worth seeing for fans of old Las Vegas and the comedians that ruled back in the day.

"Mr. Warmth: The Don Rickles Project."
"What, me worry?"
rxwine
rxwine
December 9th, 2017 at 9:35:08 PM permalink
Christmas at Ground Zero
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t039p6xqutU
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
December 11th, 2017 at 1:06:58 AM permalink
Found ground lamb at Walmart. Effin wonderful with mesquite rub. I actually prepared the lamburgers like a meatball, mixing in the mesquite rub, salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, shredded cheddar and parmesan cheese, parsley. So good. $7.99/pound, not a bad price.
I am a robot.
rxwine
rxwine
December 11th, 2017 at 2:46:19 PM permalink
I lost a $5 bet.

I bet someone that with all the stupid challenges on YouTube, there would probably even be a "Poke your eye out" challenge. Although there is stuff about losing eyes, I had to agree there was nothing close enough to call it a challenge.

Maybe by tomorrow though.
GWAE
GWAE
December 11th, 2017 at 4:31:54 PM permalink
I just APed Giant Eagle (local grocery store) for $1200. I am proud.
MaxPen
MaxPen
  • Threads: 13
December 11th, 2017 at 4:38:35 PM permalink

Going thru the self checkout lines doesn't count as AP🤔😀
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
  • Threads: 68
December 11th, 2017 at 4:45:38 PM permalink

Oh yeah, I just sold a Jamaican dollar for 250% of face value!

Jamaican dollars are worth .8 of a penny 😁
Last edited by: Ibeatyouraces on Dec 11, 2017
DUHHIIIIIIIII HEARD THAT!
GWAE
GWAE
December 11th, 2017 at 4:59:56 PM permalink

Going thru the self checkout lines doesn't count as AP🤔😀

Haha well it is actually part of the AP.
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 326
December 11th, 2017 at 6:27:20 PM permalink

I don't get it
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!”   She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
GWAE
GWAE
December 12th, 2017 at 11:09:36 AM permalink
Quote: odiousgambit

I don't get it

Well now, we can't just put all AP moves out there for all to take advantage of. I will say though, this AP is very clear and can be found on their weekly flyer.
GWAE
GWAE
December 12th, 2017 at 5:21:35 PM permalink
Anyone watching better late than never? Such a funny show. It is worth a watch.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
December 12th, 2017 at 6:22:26 PM permalink
I'll never buy fried chicken at Wal-Mart again, more like fried bones. It was so bad, I literally thought maybe they gave the meat to someone else then whatever remained on the bones, they breaded and fried. Terrible.
I am a robot.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
December 12th, 2017 at 6:28:17 PM permalink
I'll never buy fried chicken at Wal-Mart again, more like fried bones. It was so bad, I literally thought maybe they gave the meat to someone else then whatever remained on the bones, they breaded and fried. Terrible.
I am a robot.
Rigondeaux
Rigondeaux
  • Threads: 30
Thanked by
beachbumbabs
December 13th, 2017 at 1:50:28 AM permalink
The Smith's near me went from 24 hours to closing at midnight. I'm sure we can all agree that this is the greatest outrage of 2017.
RS
RS
December 13th, 2017 at 2:19:25 AM permalink
I was trynna do my free-play the other night, at midnight, when I thought the FP was available.

I went to the player's club booth and asked when it's loaded, and the lady told me it loads at 3pm in the morning. I was like wait, what, it loads at 3pm in the morning? She's like, uh, yeah, it loads at 3pm in the morning. I was like....sooo, in like 3 hours...? She's like yeah, at 3pm. And she was lookin' at me like I was retarded.
GWAE
GWAE
December 13th, 2017 at 4:22:26 AM permalink
Quote: onenickelmiracle

You have giant eagle near you right? They have the best fried chicken.

Sams club has the best rotisserie chicken.
Hunterhill
Hunterhill
  • Threads: 53
Thanked by
beachbumbabs
December 13th, 2017 at 4:24:30 AM permalink
I think Costcos rotisserie chicken is better than Sams.
The mountain is tall but grass grows on top of the mountain.
GWAE
GWAE
December 13th, 2017 at 4:26:20 AM permalink
Quote: Hunterhill

I think Costcos rotisserie chicken is better than Sams.

It may be, I had costco 1 time and it was very good. Costco definitely has some good pizza at their snack counter, I don't like their frozen yogurt, sams has good frozen yogurt by dannon I believe.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 122
December 13th, 2017 at 5:57:22 AM permalink
I was just in NYC. Two blocks from the bomber, by the way. I just can't fathom how expensive NYC is. Big conference hotel, not luxurious..... over $500 a night. Non-descript bar, their 'special' is bud light bottles for $6. 16 ounce bottle of diet Coke from street vendor..... $3. If I would have had sushi at my hotel, enough to satiate me would have been close to $200.
Buffalo is so affordable......
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
December 13th, 2017 at 7:11:43 AM permalink

I it loads at 3pm in the morning.

Boothlings tend to look at everyone as if they were retarded, Working on weekends and having Tuesday "be your Saturday" and having rotating shifts must make everyone's sense of day and time go haywired. Even 3am in the morning is incorrect but try telling a Boothling that.
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 86
December 13th, 2017 at 7:38:41 AM permalink

I was trynna do my free-play the other night, at midnight, when I thought the FP was available.

I went to the player's club booth and asked when it's loaded, and the lady told me it loads at 3pm in the morning.

That sounds like Lucky Dragon.
At my age, a "Life In Prison" sentence is not much of a deterrent.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
December 13th, 2017 at 7:52:19 AM permalink

You have giant eagle near you right? They have the best fried chicken.

Sams club has the best rotisserie chicken.

Yeah, got that last night, much better. One thing I did like about Walmart was the Cole slaw and potato salad was made with mayo. The Walmart chicken was so bony, I'd say the breasts were A-cups.
I am a robot.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
Thanked by
RogerKint
December 13th, 2017 at 7:54:24 AM permalink
Rapper inflation, their songs probably say the party ain't stopping til 3pm in the morning now. Used to just be 6am when Snoop said it, then the next guy said 8am.
I am a robot.
GWAE
GWAE
December 13th, 2017 at 10:41:04 AM permalink
a few weeks ago I posted on here about starting a new business. I am in the process if getting quotes and figuring out startup costs. I was planning on going with a server, backup, and all that fun stuff. Then last night someone I knew mentioned that I should look into a cloud based server that I pay monthly for instead of putting out a ton of money on that equipment. Has anyone here dealt with cloud or offsite servers? Would you recommend it? Anything that is really a disadvantage to having it set up that way?
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 86
December 13th, 2017 at 11:37:04 AM permalink

a few weeks ago I posted on here about starting a new business. I am in the process if getting quotes and figuring out startup costs. I was planning on going with a server, backup, and all that fun stuff. Then last night someone I knew mentioned that I should look into a cloud based server that I pay monthly for instead of putting out a ton of money on that equipment. Has anyone here dealt with cloud or offsite servers? Would you recommend it? Anything that is really a disadvantage to having it set up that way?

I would use the cloud for anything that you can as long as you use one of the trusted services. Just having somebody else worry about you the data integrity and up time is probably worth it for a small business.
At my age, a "Life In Prison" sentence is not much of a deterrent.
djatc
djatc
  • Threads: 83
December 13th, 2017 at 11:12:38 PM permalink
Quote: Rigondeaux

The Smith's near me went from 24 hours to closing at midnight. I'm sure we can all agree that this is the greatest outrage of 2017.

Same here what a shame
"Man Babes" #AxelFabulous
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
  • Threads: 57
December 14th, 2017 at 5:12:43 AM permalink

It depends what the sever is doing
GWAE
GWAE
December 14th, 2017 at 5:46:11 AM permalink
Quote: gamerfreak

It depends what the sever is doing

Our software with the database is loaded on the server and 4 computer access it. We also scan documents and they get stored on the server. Very basic stuff.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
December 14th, 2017 at 6:27:59 AM permalink
I'd avoid the cloud. Cloud services try to lock you in, they themselves are always targets and just because they have all that talent watching over you doesn't mean they don't make mistakes or make poorly thought out upgrades.

Most cloud services are cheap and simple and the cloud people activate new servers if one gets quirky well before you could spot any quirk in your equipment but it ain't foolproof.
  • Jump to: