Thread Rating:

ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 22
April 11th, 2016 at 12:24:08 PM permalink
Quote: RonC

If we could just get all liberals to move to those ten cities!!

Cheers!!

Eek! That sounds very dark and "final solution"-ish to me.
Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
RonC
RonC
  • Threads: 40
April 11th, 2016 at 12:26:11 PM permalink
Quote: ams288

Eek! That sounds very dark and "final solution"-ish to me.

I am an evil Conservative...of course...but then I thought about it...if Austin is one of those ten, we could have enough liberals move here to turn the state that way...no, thanks...
ams288
ams288
April 11th, 2016 at 12:28:06 PM permalink

if Austin is one of those ten, we could have enough liberals move here to turn the state that way...no, thanks...

Haha... That was actually one of the first things I thought... Austin has gotta be on that list.
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
  • Threads: 34
April 11th, 2016 at 12:56:30 PM permalink

Perhaps next time you should spend more than 10 seconds....

Aha, that information could be tracked down in 15 seconds. Buy why do that when speculation can rule the day?

This particular difficulty makes Trump and his offspring too careless even to check their registrations months after announcing his candidacy. What hypocrisy! It is painfully evident that the Tump campaign can't deal with native New York legalities, not to mention Colorado and Wyoming details. By the way, all this ever so clearly indicates that the family has long been staunchly registered Democrats. And not anything close to Republicans.
TwoFeathersATL
TwoFeathersATL
  • Threads: 37
April 11th, 2016 at 1:00:59 PM permalink

Not Detroit, Ann Arbor.

Voted one of the ten best cities in America for liberals to live in. ;)

I knew it was Ann Arbor, you had shown your hand previously. I did not know Ann Arbor was a great place to live, liberal or conservative really shouldn't matter, maybe it does. How does Johns Creek GA show up on the list you are referencing? Many of my neighbors are very liberal. They tolerate me, that doesn't mean they like me ,-)
Youuuuuu MIGHT be a 'rascal' if.......(nevermind ;-)...2F
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 212
April 11th, 2016 at 1:45:01 PM permalink
Quote: SanchoPanza

This particular difficulty makes Trump and his offspring too careless even to check their registrations months after announcing his candidacy. What hypocrisy! It is painfully evident that the Tump campaign can't deal with native New York legalities, not to mention Colorado and Wyoming details. By the way, all this ever so clearly indicates that the family has long been staunchly registered Democrats. And not anything close to Republicans.

I'm sure Trump has some real beliefs. It's just hard to tell whether he values them more than promoting himself. I say no.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
Sabretom2
Sabretom2
  • Threads: 11
April 11th, 2016 at 2:05:21 PM permalink
What do you get when you fill Ann Arbor with Democrats?

Flint.
ams288
ams288
April 11th, 2016 at 2:45:51 PM permalink
Quote: Sabretom2

What do you get when you fill Ann Arbor with Democrats?

Flint.

I don't get it.

Ann Arbor is already filled with Democrats.

Rick Snyder, our criminal governor, actually lives here too. In a multimillion dollar condo above a restaurant on Main Street. There are people who protest outside it sometimes.
Sabretom2
Sabretom2
  • Threads: 11
April 11th, 2016 at 6:55:33 PM permalink

I don't get it.

I believe you.
ams288
ams288
April 12th, 2016 at 8:25:32 AM permalink
Ted Cruz doesn't like the Drudge Report.

http://www.mediaite.com/online/ted-cruz-calls-drudge-report-attack-site-for-the-trump-campaign/

I can totally understand why a gay conservative like Matt Drudge would prefer Trump over Cruz. Cruz is a legitimately frightening candidate when it comes to civil rights issues. Trump.... who knows what he'd do?

(And don't lecture me over Drudge's sexuality. If you have a problem, take it up with Out Magazine).
TwoFeathersATL
TwoFeathersATL
April 12th, 2016 at 10:06:29 AM permalink

http://www.mediaite.com/online/ted-cruz-calls-drudge-report-attack-site-for-the-trump-campaign/

I can totally understand why a gay conservative like Matt Drudge would prefer Trump over Cruz. Cruz is a legitimately frightening candidate when it comes to civil rights issues. Trump.... who knows what he'd do?

(And don't lecture me over Drudge's sexuality. If you have a problem, take it up with Out Magazine).

Deleted (was just nonsense;-)
RonC
RonC
April 13th, 2016 at 4:27:28 AM permalink

Out Magazine publishes drivel like this:

"A new study by trend forecasting agency J. Walter Thompson Innovation Group found that only 48 percent of 13-20-year-olds identify as "exclusively heterosexual," compared to 65 percent of millennials aged 21 to 34."

http://www.out.com/news-opinion/2016/3/11/less-50-teens-identify-straight-says-new-study

I don't want the poster suspended for continually identifying Drudge as "gay" when he has not come out as gay on his own. However, in light of the fact someone made a homosexual reference to Hillary Clinton and was warned about doing so, I think ams288 should refrain from using "gay" or any other thing referring to sexuality when referring to Drudge or anyone else who is not "out".

"Outing", the process of people proclaiming someone as gay who was not ready to come out, has led to suicides:

http://reportquickly.com/charlotte-rapper-guttah-kutthroat-redd-commits-suicide-after-being-outed-as-gay-by-popular-urban-blog/

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2015/09/09/pastor-and-beloved-christian-college-professor-who-was-outed-as-ashley-madison-user-commits-suicide/

http://www.thetaskforce.org/why-outing-can-be-deadly/

Just because someone is suspected of being gay, it is not the job of some LBGT-friendly magazine to "Out" them--no matter who they are. That should be left to the individual, not to other LGBT activists or even gay haters.

So you can just write what you want, something not proven true, about anyone just because some magazine said it? I guess you can if they let you do so here but there are literally thousands of things written and unproven about people in the public eye. I get that you don't like Drudge or the Drudge Report...I don't like lots of people, including some in the political arena with gay rumors about them out there, but I don't go using those rumors to describe them when I write here.
ams288
ams288
April 13th, 2016 at 5:08:08 AM permalink
I literally cannot fathom why you would waste your time writing and researching that defense of Drudge's sexuality when you know it will not change my mind or get me to stop calling him what he is, a gay man.

My initial point was that I can totally understand why Drudge is clearly favoring Trump over Cruz.

Ted Cruz is a legitimate psychopath when it comes to gay rights.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/11/16/opinion/campaign-stops/ted-cruz-and-the-anti-gay-pastor.html
RonC
RonC
April 13th, 2016 at 5:58:40 AM permalink

I literally cannot fathom why you would waste your time writing and researching that defense of Drudge's sexuality when you know it will not change my mind or get me to stop calling him what he is, a gay man.

You choose what useless drivel you would like to write; I'll choose what I write. It doesn't make a damn bit of difference what you think about it or how I use my time. Like you care. You can't just say whatever you want and not expect that it might be challenged. If you don't like it, block me, get me banned, or whatever.

ITed Cruz is a legitimate psychopath when it comes to gay rights.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/11/16/opinion/campaign-stops/ted-cruz-and-the-anti-gay-pastor.html

It is kind of ironic that a liberal is criticizing who Cruz hangs out with, yet Bill Ayers and all the other freaks President Obama hung out with are just peachy. Typical liberal double standard.

How about a true standard:

Judge Cruz by who he hangs out with and question his judgment in being involved with those people. Judge Hillary, Bernie, and the others the same way. The bottom line is that they all hang out with some shitty people. In the case of Obama, known terrorists.

I literally don't know why you worry so much about Drudge's sexuality. You are the only one who brings it up continually. It doesn't matter, though...you write what you want; I'll do the same!

Cheers!!
ams288
ams288
April 13th, 2016 at 6:11:38 AM permalink

It is kind of ironic that a liberal is criticizing who Cruz hangs out with, yet Bill Ayers and all the other freaks President Obama hung out with are just peachy. Typical liberal double standard.

It's actually not ironic at all, as I have never defended Bill Ayers.

Go ahead and find me mentioning Bill Ayers anywhere on this board.

Good luck. You'll need it.

Typical rightie trying to find double standards where they don't exist.
ams288
ams288
April 13th, 2016 at 10:47:32 AM permalink
If anyone wants a good laugh (or perhaps, a good scream), someone at Buzzfeed has tried to illustrate what Donald Trump would look like without his orange spray tan.

The results are truly horrifying.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/jenlewis/this-is-what-donald-trump-would-look-like-without-his-fake-t#.yjlkOBwbN
RonC
RonC
April 13th, 2016 at 11:53:57 AM permalink

It's actually not ironic at all, as I have never defended Bill Ayers.

Go ahead and find me mentioning Bill Ayers anywhere on this board.

Good luck. You'll need it.

Typical rightie trying to find double standards where they don't exist.

I never said that you did mention them.

I also did not say that you defended Ayers.
ams288
ams288
April 13th, 2016 at 12:06:12 PM permalink

I never said that you did mention them.

I also did not say that you defended Ayers.

When did Obama campaign with Ayers during the 2008 campaign? (Hint: he didn't).

Ted Cruz was happy to campaign with the crazy "kill the gays" pastor.

Your "double standard" just doesn't hold up to logic.
RonC
RonC
April 13th, 2016 at 1:49:38 PM permalink

When did Obama campaign with Ayers during the 2008 campaign? (Hint: he didn't).

Ted Cruz was happy to campaign with the crazy "kill the gays" pastor.

Your "double standard" just doesn't hold up to logic.

Yes, it does. Obama's associations did not matter to liberals but those of conservatives do matter to them.
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
April 13th, 2016 at 4:18:56 PM permalink

When did Obama campaign with Ayers during the 2008 campaign? (Hint: he didn't). Ted Cruz was happy to campaign with the crazy "kill the gays" pastor. Your "double standard" just doesn't hold up to logic.

Yes it does. Especially when Cruz made one appearance with Swanson. Compared to the long and friendly relationships with the likes of bombers Ayers and Dohrn, not to mention Jeremiah "God Damn America" Wright. Right up to the heat of the 2008 campaign.
RonC
RonC
April 14th, 2016 at 1:19:11 AM permalink
I've commented about not liking the way that the rules for the convention concerning the nomination process are not set before the primary season so that everyone knows what they need to do to reach the "target", but I am amazed at how smart Trump says that he is and how dumb he sounds when he acts like the primary/caucus rules were not known in advance. You can say that you think the process should be different, that all states should have primary elections run a certain way, etc. but you can't truthfully say that the party is "cheating" you when they run the events the way they said they would run them.
ams288
ams288
April 14th, 2016 at 7:45:53 AM permalink
Possibly my favorite story of the campaign thus far:

As a Texas solicitor general, Ted Cruz once defended a ban on selling dildos and argued that Americans do not have a right to "stimulate their genitals."

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2016/04/ted-cruz-dildo-ban-sex-devices-texas

However, his college roommate finds that to be hypocritical.

He tweeted:

Quote:

Ted Cruz thinks people don't have a right to "stimulate their genitals." I was his college roommate. This would be a new belief of his.

TwoFeathersATL
TwoFeathersATL
April 14th, 2016 at 7:51:34 AM permalink
AMS, I give you this one, that is pretty funny! 2F
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
April 14th, 2016 at 9:53:08 AM permalink

You can say that you think the process should be different, that all states should have primary elections run a certain way, etc. but you can't truthfully say that the party is "cheating" you when they run the events the way they said they would run them.

Especially not when you have 37 percent of the popular vote and 42 percent of the delegates. But even that is far more reflective of the will of the electorate than the opposition party's convoluted and arbitrary procedure.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
April 14th, 2016 at 10:39:32 AM permalink

Possibly my favorite story of the campaign thus far:

As a Texas solicitor general, Ted Cruz once defended a ban on selling dildos and argued that Americans do not have a right to "stimulate their genitals."

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2016/04/ted-cruz-dildo-ban-sex-devices-texas

However, his college roommate finds that to be hypocritical.

He tweeted:

Still laughing...
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
April 14th, 2016 at 10:41:12 AM permalink
Quote: SanchoPanza

Especially not when you have 37 percent of the popular vote and 42 percent of the delegates. But even that is far more reflective of the will of the electorate than the opposition party's convoluted and arbitrary procedure.

Well said. Pretty funny how Trump's picking and choosing what to whine about when he's benefiting by 5% beyond his actual popular vote count already. Pot, meet kettle.
ams288
ams288
April 15th, 2016 at 8:39:19 AM permalink
Man, this election has gotten much more boring ever since Trump had that one really bad week and lost Wisconsin.

He's basically started running a real campaign.

He doesn't call in on every frigging morning show anymore. Very few stupid late night retweets. He seems to have made amends with Megyn Kelly.

It's definitely not as interesting as what he was doing. I wonder if it will actually help him in the polls...
ams288
ams288
April 20th, 2016 at 6:57:24 AM permalink
"Ted Cruz...... You ARE the father!!!"

TwoFeathersATL
TwoFeathersATL
April 20th, 2016 at 8:51:56 AM permalink
No big surprises in New York yesterday.
Still seems to be boiling down to a fall competition between a successful businessman, one that cannot exactly be described as 'squeaky clean', and a successful politician, another one that cannot exactly be described as 'squeaky clean'. All the rest is just noise, some intentional interference meant to confuse is still buzzing on virtually every channel and source. Much of it is well intentioned. Good luck to us all!
rxwine
rxwine
April 24th, 2016 at 10:38:57 PM permalink
Official tag team formed.

Quote:

The presidential campaigns of Texas Sen. Ted Cruz and Ohio Gov. John Kasich announced late Sunday that they were coordinating their efforts in three upcoming primary states in an extraordinary attempt to prevent Republican front-runner Donald Trump from clinching the GOP nomination before this summer's convention.

In a pair of simultaneously released statements, the campaigns announced that Kasich would pull out of Indiana to give Cruz "a clear path" ahead of that state's winner-take-all primary May 3, while the Cruz campaign will "clear the path" for Kasich in Oregon, which votes May 17, and New Mexico, which votes June 7

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/04/25/cruz-kasich-campaign-announce-collaboration-to-deny-trump-delegates.html
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
RonC
RonC
April 25th, 2016 at 4:13:41 AM permalink
Quote: rxwine

Official tag team formed.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/04/25/cruz-kasich-campaign-announce-collaboration-to-deny-trump-delegates.html

A complete act of desperation by two candidates who can't win enough delegates through the process. I think Trump comes off like an idiot when he acts like the process of gaining delegates was not known when he entered the race, but these two come off even worse...

The Republicans are going to be running a candidate against a Democrat with huge negative numbers. It looks like they are still going to screw up what should be a really good opportunity to regain the White House....
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 240
April 25th, 2016 at 4:43:01 AM permalink

The Republicans are going to be running a candidate against a Democrat with huge negative numbers. It looks like they are still going to screw up what should be a really good opportunity to regain the White House....

I really think the establishment of the GOP does not care if they win. They want their nice berry patch of getting paid to run campaigns and hit cocktail parties with beautiful people. Candidate with naturally high energy and motivated base comes in and they say no thanks. Cray, Hillary should be an easy takedown, why so many people are afraid of attacking her is a mystery.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
ams288
ams288
April 25th, 2016 at 5:17:10 AM permalink
It's too little, too late.

They should have done this like a month and a half ago if they were serious about stopping Trump.

Trump is going to be the nominee (hopefully!).
Rigondeaux
Rigondeaux
  • Threads: 30
April 25th, 2016 at 5:33:24 AM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

I really think the establishment of the GOP does not care if they win. They want their nice berry patch of getting paid to run campaigns and hit cocktail parties with beautiful people. Candidate with naturally high energy and motivated base comes in and they say no thanks. Cray, Hillary should be an easy takedown, why so many people are afraid of attacking her is a mystery.

I think this is true of both parties.

The DNC and friends in media have had to dig fairly deep to bury a challenge from a Jewish guy in his seventies. The RNC did a worse job of it, and are probably failing to hold off a reality TV star.

Voters are desperate for someone who represents their interests, rather than those of the people throwing those cocktail parties. Both parties would rather lose than allow that to happen.
RonC
RonC
April 25th, 2016 at 7:31:06 AM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

Hillary should be an easy takedown, why so many people are afraid of attacking her is a mystery.

They are afraid of ending up dead and wrapped in carpet in a park somewhere along the Potomac...
TwoFeathersATL
TwoFeathersATL
April 25th, 2016 at 7:41:08 AM permalink

They are afraid of ending up dead and wrapped in carpet in a park somewhere along the Potomac...

In the Potomac, washed up to the bank of some park 'along the Potomac'.
ams288
ams288
April 25th, 2016 at 7:43:57 AM permalink

Ah, the good ol days....
petroglyph
petroglyph
  • Threads: 19
April 25th, 2016 at 10:51:52 AM permalink

"Fostered" along the Potomac. : )
ams288
ams288
April 27th, 2016 at 12:03:09 PM permalink
Ted Cruz will announce that Carly Fiorina is his VP pick at 4pm today.

How delusional can you get?
TwoFeathersATL
TwoFeathersATL
April 27th, 2016 at 12:35:03 PM permalink
Deleted, I wasn't as nice as I should be....
rxwine
rxwine
April 27th, 2016 at 12:40:39 PM permalink

Well if he picked her to capitalize on the remaining delegates it would at least have some immediate use.

After all he's aiming for a brokered convention.
ams288
ams288
April 27th, 2016 at 12:57:53 PM permalink
Quote: rxwine

Well if he picked her to capitalize on the remaining delegates it would at least have some immediate use.

After all he's aiming for a brokered convention.

But why her?

She ran. Nobody liked her. She lost.

Ah.... Looking at it like that, I guess that makes her and Cruz like two peas in a pod.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
April 28th, 2016 at 7:56:21 AM permalink
I guess they did some polling to figure out who should be selected. I can't imagine she adds anything to the ticket philosophically.

I think it's aimed squarely at California voters, hoping they feel some state loyalty to her that bumps him enough to make a difference there. Otherwise, it seems a wasted draft pick; she's simply ridiculous on women's issues, and would be more of a detriment than a help to that demographic.
ernestmiddle
ernestmiddle
  • Threads: 2
April 28th, 2016 at 8:27:40 AM permalink
Well, since jobs and the economy are vital issues, why not Carly ? Surely as a businesswoman, she is the equal of Donald Trump.
She was CEO of HP and guided that top 20 Company from 1999-2005. Under her leadership 30,000 HP employees were laid off and the company lost half of it's value.
TwoFeathersATL
TwoFeathersATL
April 28th, 2016 at 8:37:15 AM permalink
Deleted
ernestmiddle
ernestmiddle
April 28th, 2016 at 8:41:19 AM permalink
I have it on good authority that Trump's choice for VP is María del Rosario Mercedes Pilar Martínez Molina Baeza.
TwoFeathersATL
TwoFeathersATL
April 28th, 2016 at 8:42:44 AM permalink
Quote: ernestmiddle

I have it on good authority that Trump's choice for VP is María del Rosario Mercedes Pilar Martínez Molina Baeza.

Is she cute?
ernestmiddle
ernestmiddle
April 28th, 2016 at 8:46:49 AM permalink
I can not believe you asked that! Xavier Cugat surely thought so !
ams288
ams288
April 28th, 2016 at 8:53:26 AM permalink
The thing I find most impressive about Carly is how well spoken she always sounds. She sounds really knowledgeable on a whole variety of issues.

Of course, when you actually dig in to what she's saying, the vast majority is pure nonsense (see her Planned Parenthood B.S. at that one debate).
RonC
RonC
April 28th, 2016 at 9:12:21 AM permalink

Dennis Miller called her Cruz's "Running-In Place" Mate...
  • Jump to: