Thread Rating:

Tanko
Tanko
  • Threads: 0
March 22nd, 2016 at 4:38:09 PM permalink
This is the NASA climate change site, containing hundreds of before and after images, articles and data.

A good way to explore it it to scroll down and go to 'Images of Change'. Then, click on one of the choices (Extreme Events, Ice, Water, Human Impact) near the bottom of the screen for before and after images.

The 'Climate Time Machine' is equally interesting.

NASA
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
March 22nd, 2016 at 5:31:01 PM permalink
Quote: MichaelBluejay

Geez, it's not like it's hard to find: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_opinion_on_climate_change

"..there is no consensus approaching 97 percent. A vigorous, vocal minority exists. The science is far from settled." 97% is completely bogus.

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/425232/climate-change-no-its-not-97-percent-consensus-ian-tuttle
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
Boz
Boz
  • Threads: 155
March 22nd, 2016 at 5:49:02 PM permalink

Out of my *hundreds* of pages of content, I have a *single* page about climate change, which has two little ads at the very bottom, way below the fold. You think *that* is making me rich? Seriously

Most of everything else other than the gambling looked like far left extremist stuff. Your bias is obvious and I'm guessing it has made you money, which I respect. As I said, that is what it is all about and if you are not in the Top 1% in wealth, your in the top 2% since you can offer a million dollar challenge. That's the only 98% I see. The difference Is that I believe most can also make it there, you don't.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 212
March 22nd, 2016 at 6:03:28 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

"..there is no consensus approaching 97 percent. A vigorous, vocal minority exists. The science is far from settled." 97% is completely bogus.

A vocal minority will always believe negative EV games are beatable. Do you think that will ever not be true? That a 100 percent will ever believe even the most obvious facts?

I don't see any sign of it ever happening.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
mcallister3200
mcallister3200
  • Threads: 17
March 22nd, 2016 at 6:21:03 PM permalink
Quote: Boz

That's the only 98% I see. The difference Is that I believe most can also make it there, you don't.

It is possible to be liberal on some issues while conservative on others boz, if you are not of the belief that you seem to be that every perspective should revolve around money. Some of us would prefer to work hard, reduce people being rewarded the handouts and entitlement mentality but aren't so keen on having the government jam one parties' chosen religion jammed down our throats via legislation or other social issues that may include environmental views for some.

If there was a candidate from the initial crowd that ran I could vote for I would have chosen Rand Paul, given the remaining choices on both sides I think I'm sitting this one out. Cruz is absolutely frightening if you don't want the government to legislate morality (religion), Trump should never be trusted in the first place, Hillary is obviously sketchy, and Bernie is just too extreme.
ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 22
March 22nd, 2016 at 6:57:39 PM permalink
Quote: Donald Trump's sad Twitter account

Lyin' Ted Cruz just used a picture of Melania from a G.Q. shoot in his ad. Be careful, Lyin' Ted, or I will spill the beans on your wife!

2016 election: the TMZ stage.
Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
Boz
Boz
March 22nd, 2016 at 6:58:28 PM permalink
Quote: mcallister3200

. Cruz is absolutely frightening if you don't want the government to legislate morality (religion), Trump should never be trusted in the first place, Hillary is obviously sketchy, and Bernie is just too extreme.

It is sad that this is the best we can come up with on either side.
ams288
ams288
March 22nd, 2016 at 6:59:16 PM permalink

One is really rich and the other is a
dumbass talentless hack.

Which is which?

I'm not a fan of Whoopi on The View. But to call her a talentless hack is funny.

She's a friggin E.G.O.T. winner. That takes quite a bit of talent.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_people_who_have_won_Academy,_Emmy,_Grammy,_and_Tony_Awards
mcallister3200
mcallister3200
  • Threads: 17
March 22nd, 2016 at 7:29:14 PM permalink

It is sad that this is the best we can come up with on either side.

Agree to agree!
rxwine
rxwine
March 22nd, 2016 at 7:33:34 PM permalink
Quote: ams288

I'm not a fan of Whoopi on The View. But to call her a talentless hack is funny.

EB is rarely satisfied with just being a little bit wrong. If you're going to be wrong, give it your all!!! None of this half-assed being wrong business.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
  • Threads: 34
March 22nd, 2016 at 7:58:15 PM permalink

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/425232/climate-change-no-its-not-97-percent-consensus-ian-tuttle

That often-quoted 97 percent figure is clearly a case of quantity over quality. Sort of like Internet polls.
Last edited by: SanchoPanza on Mar 22, 2016
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
  • Threads: 68
March 22nd, 2016 at 8:22:32 PM permalink
Quote: rxwine

EB is rarely satisfied with just being a little bit wrong. If you're going to be wrong, give it your all!!! None of this half-assed being wrong business.

LOL! I spit out the Apple Jacks as I was reading reading this.
DUHHIIIIIIIII HEARD THAT!
EvenBob
EvenBob
March 22nd, 2016 at 10:56:50 PM permalink

She won an Oscar for playing the psychic in
Ghost. She was bloody awful, mediocre at
best. She won because she was a black
woman. I cringe every time I see her. Why
do you think she's on that stupid show for
years. She can't do anything else.
RonC
RonC
  • Threads: 40
March 23rd, 2016 at 4:03:32 AM permalink
Quote: mcallister3200

Cruz is absolutely frightening if you don't want the government to legislate morality (religion), Trump should never be trusted in the first place, Hillary is obviously sketchy, and Bernie is just too extreme.

Cruz doesn't frighten me but he is clearly not a great candidate, either. He is outside the establishment (no current Senators endorsing him last I checked, but that could have changed since everyone dropped out but the three guys) but he hasn't shown any ability to build a consensus in the Senate, either. Doing some deals is imperative to changing anything.

Trump? He's Trump. He starts with the outrageous position and then whittles it back to a more normal stance. It grabs him all the headlines, that is for sure. How would he compromise? Good question.

Hillary is not Bill. Bill worked with the Republicans and got some things done. Hillary was a lackluster Senator and an average Secretary of State...who really screwed the pooch with her email thing, whether it is a crime or not. Trustworthiness of the Clinton bunch is an issue...

Bernie is out there. He may not be wrong on everything, but he's close.

Kasich may be the only grown-up left in the process. The issue is that he can only win the nomination by taking it from a guy who has 5 times his delegate count...which means millions of voters would be upset with the Republican party before the general election even started. Talk about a bad situation to be in!

Polling shows Trump getting beat by both Hillary and Bernie; the other two don't do much better against Bernie but they do beat Clinton. Yes, those are national polls in a election decided by electoral votes; they don't really paint the whole picture but they give a glimpse of just where we are right now. I'm not sitting it out but this is my least favorite group of candidates since the 1976 general election (Carter/Ford)...
AcesAndEights
AcesAndEights
  • Threads: 67
March 23rd, 2016 at 6:06:22 AM permalink
I can't believe Cruz accepted Jeb!'s endorsement. It sounds like they had a phone call beforehand so Cruz could have told him to pound sand if he wanted to, which I would have done in his shoes.

Very low-energy.
"So drink gamble eat f***, because one day you will be dust." -ontariodealer
RonC
RonC
March 23rd, 2016 at 7:33:41 AM permalink
Quote: AcesAndEights

I can't believe Cruz accepted Jeb!'s endorsement. It sounds like they had a phone call beforehand so Cruz could have told him to pound sand if he wanted to, which I would have done in his shoes.

Very low-energy.

It doesn't seem like a very important endorsement and it could hurt more than help if it helps Trump paint him as "Establishment" in any way. I would have passed at least until the nomination was secured...
ams288
ams288
March 23rd, 2016 at 7:41:16 AM permalink
Quote: RonC

It doesn't seem like a very important endorsement and it could hurt more than help if it helps Trump paint him as "Establishment" in any way. I would have passed at least until the nomination was secured...

Yeah... I can't see one person moving over to Cruz because of Jeb!'s endorsement. If people cared about what he thought, they would've voted for him...

I'm sure Trump will fire off some tweets today saying basically what I just said, but with an insult or two thrown in towards Jeb!.
RonC
RonC
March 23rd, 2016 at 1:13:29 PM permalink

I'm sure Trump will fire off some tweets today saying basically what I just said, but with an insult or two thrown in towards Jeb!.

It took longer than I thought...but it happened:

"Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump 10m10 minutes ago

I think having Jeb's endorsement hurts Lyin' Ted. Jeb spent more than $150,000,000 and got nothing. I spent a fraction of that and am first!"

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump?lang=en
MichaelBluejay
MichaelBluejay
  • Threads: 81
March 23rd, 2016 at 9:47:18 PM permalink

http://www.nationalreview.com ... Ian Tuttle is a William F. Buckley Jr. Fellow...

Like I said, unable to look outside the bubble. You use a laughable source, and it's clear you didn't even skim the Wikipedia article, much less actually read it.

Most of everything else other than the gambling looked like far left extremist stuff.

Well then, your reading comprehension sucks.
Presidential Election polls and odds: https://2605.me/p
EvenBob
EvenBob
March 24th, 2016 at 1:04:45 AM permalink

You use a laughable source,

And you have laughable 'scientists' to back up
your faulty 'science'. The earth is just fine, get
out from under your bed and look around.
Quit believing everything you read.
Boz
Boz
March 24th, 2016 at 4:07:45 AM permalink

Well then, your reading comprehension sucks.

I love how you tread on the insult bubble. I can't read, can't spell. I have no issue with you feeling that way about me and saying it, but it shows again and again how much better you seem to think you are than most people. You have a way you expect people to live based on your views. You make my point that people like you think they know best how things should be and we are just not make enough to make it without you making decisions for us. Far left liberalism at it's worst.
Last edited by: Boz on Mar 24, 2016
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 89
March 24th, 2016 at 5:32:03 AM permalink
Back to 2016
A super pac showed an old risqué picture of Trumps wife.
Trump is angry.
Not at the super pac but at Cruz???????????
He's been threatening Cruz lately threatening to spill the beans on Heidi?
What does Trump have on Heidi Cruz?
WTF
What's he got?
What is going on?
Terrorists hitting Brussels and the republican candidates are going after each others wives?
What possible beans can be spilled?
Is Trump the coward Cruz says he is?

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/cruz-calls-trump-a-coward-after-tweet-about-his-wife/ar-BBqOvUS?ocid=ansmsnnews11?ocid=ansmsnnews11
Its just a forum. Nothing here to get obsessed about.
Boz
Boz
March 24th, 2016 at 5:36:13 AM permalink
Quote: terapined

Back to 2016
A super pac showed an old risqué picture of Trumps wife.
Trump is angry.
Not at the super pac but at Cruz???????????
He's been threatening Cruz lately threatening to spill the beans on Heidi?
What does Trump have on Heidi Cruz?
WTF
What's he got?
What is going on?
Terrorists hitting Brussels and the republican candidates are going after each others wives?
What possible beans can be spilled?
Is Trump the coward Cruz says he is?

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/cruz-calls-trump-a-coward-after-tweet-about-his-wife/ar-BBqOvUS?ocid=ansmsnnews11?ocid=ansmsnnews11

I agree, pure nonsense. So disappointed that this is the best the GOP has to go against Hillary.
RonC
RonC
March 24th, 2016 at 6:49:39 AM permalink

I agree, pure nonsense. So disappointed that this is the best the GOP has to go against Hillary.

Neither party was really ever in search of the best...
Gabes22
Gabes22
  • Threads: 15
March 24th, 2016 at 7:41:33 AM permalink
Who cares about the feud? What about the risque photos of Melania?
A flute with no holes is not a flute, a donut with no holes is a danish
TwoFeathersATL
TwoFeathersATL
  • Threads: 37
March 24th, 2016 at 8:44:00 AM permalink
Quote: Gabes22

Who cares about the feud? What about the risque photos of Melania?

So help me God, I pray Trump doesn't start releasing old risque photos of Hillary, or even worse, recent risqué photos of Hillary ;-)
Youuuuuu MIGHT be a 'rascal' if.......(nevermind ;-)...2F
Gabes22
Gabes22
March 24th, 2016 at 8:59:37 AM permalink
She is on the cover of Pantsuit Quarterly or so I'm told
TwoFeathersATL
TwoFeathersATL
March 24th, 2016 at 9:46:50 AM permalink

She is on the cover of Pantsuit Quarterly or so I'm told

I should add that I pray Trump doesn't start releasing risqué pictures of himself either, though I wouldn't be a bit surprised. Centerfold of Playgirl? He seems a bit impressed with himself. Reminds me of Putin at times.... (Sigh;-)
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1494
March 24th, 2016 at 2:30:46 PM permalink

I love how you tread on the insult bubble.

I must agree with this. Remember, site policy is that you can criticize somebody else's writing but not the writer.

Please consider this a warning, MichaelBluejay.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
Gandler
Gandler
  • Threads: 35
March 24th, 2016 at 2:40:32 PM permalink
As Europe continues to decline and descend into chaos, Trump continues to rise.

He may sound racist, but his extremely strict refugee policy is probably sounding pretty good right now to many people who are fearful.

My personal prediction is that the more chaotic Europe becomes, the more likely a Trump presidency will be. Many European countries are the experiment for accepting mass amounts of refugees, and it is an experiment that is failing miserably.
terapined
terapined
March 24th, 2016 at 3:14:05 PM permalink
Quote: Gandler

As Europe continues to decline and descend into chaos, Trump continues to rise.

He may sound racist, but his extremely strict refugee policy is probably sounding pretty good right now to many people who are fearful.

My personal prediction is that the more chaotic Europe becomes, the more likely a Trump presidency will be. Many European countries are the experiment for accepting mass amounts of refugees, and it is an experiment that is failing miserably.

In Brussels, these were Belgian Muslims, not refugees
You would be surprised who are refugees
Take those ATT commercials with that pretty chick Lilly.
Real name Milana Aleksandrovna Vayntrub
Yup, she's a refugee and active in helping refugees.
I'd rather listen to her then Trump, much better looking :-)
Gandler
Gandler
  • Threads: 35
March 24th, 2016 at 3:23:47 PM permalink

Its far more than the attack in Brussels (though many people will blame refuges for that), Europe is becoming overwhelmed with issues to do mass amounts of refugees, not just security issues, but cultural incompatibility, and major economic damage.
EvenBob
EvenBob
March 24th, 2016 at 3:53:57 PM permalink
Quote: Wizard

Please consider this a warning, MichaelBluejay.

I will be interesting to see if Bluejay can
make a post without somehow maligning
the person it's directed at.
RonC
RonC
March 24th, 2016 at 4:18:43 PM permalink

Why all the silly boo hoo crap about stating that we need to figure out WHO the refugees are and WHAT they are up to before we allow them to load up and head over here? Help them settle in places away from our land, figure out how to vet them as best we can, and then allow a number in.

Trump may not say it as pretty but it makes sense compared to...

Oh, heck...let them all in. i am sure they are good!!

Anyway...

Go Terps!!
RonC
RonC
March 24th, 2016 at 4:19:55 PM permalink

I will be interesting to see if Bluejay can
make a post without somehow maligning
the person it's directed at.

I think that the only thing that is in question is whether he will be near that line or over it...because he is going to be somewhere near it!!
RonC
RonC
March 24th, 2016 at 4:25:18 PM permalink
Quote: Gandler

Its far more than the attack in Brussels (though many people will blame refuges for that), Europe is becoming overwhelmed with issues to do mass amounts of refugees, not just security issues, but cultural incompatibility, and major economic damage.

Exactly--and we need a leader that will help our allies get through the issue without importing it into our country.

That takes leadership; tango and baseball are more important in a crisis. The one we have now has no clue. No, I shouldn't stop what I am doing and nor should any average citizen...but my leader should be seen stepping up and actually doing something to get back here and start working the issue. I expect leaders to cut trips short and make tough decisions when the world is attacked by these freaks. Everyone seems to say that we need Muslim nations helping us defeat radical Islamic terrorists; lead, follow, or get the hell out of the way...
rxwine
rxwine
March 24th, 2016 at 5:59:44 PM permalink

Exactly--and we need a leader that will help our allies get through the issue without importing it into our country.

Maybe Trump can open up Gitmo as a bed and breakfast for alien refugees.
Tanko
Tanko
  • Threads: 0
March 24th, 2016 at 7:14:54 PM permalink

I expect leaders to cut trips short and make tough decisions when the world is attacked by these freaks.

Good luck with that.

RonC
RonC
March 24th, 2016 at 7:50:19 PM permalink
Quote: rxwine

Maybe Trump can open up Gitmo as a bed and breakfast for alien refugees.

Maybe...hey, great idea. We can just let the Cubans take over the base and handle the refugees!!

Prisoners released from Gitmo are no joke...they've gone back and killed more people. Somebody said that would happen; someone ignored it.
Last edited by: RonC on Mar 25, 2016
MichaelBluejay
MichaelBluejay
  • Threads: 81
March 24th, 2016 at 10:42:41 PM permalink

I love how you tread on the insult bubble. I can't read, can't spell. I have no issue with you feeling that way about me and saying it, but it shows again and again how much better you seem to think you are than most people.

First, I *don't* think I'm better than most people. But better than you? Oh, sure, absolutely, that one's easy. And it's not really surprising that you can't see the difference.

Quote: Wizard

I must agree with this. Remember, site policy is that you can criticize somebody else's writing but not the writer. Please consider this a warning, MichaelBluejay.

I contend that my statement, "Well then, your reading comprehension sucks," is true by any objective standard. Reading comprehension is measured as a matter of course in our educational system. It's not something that anyone thinks can't be evaluated. And when a student receives a bad grade on a reading evaluation, we consider that an objective assessment, not an insult.

Box said, referring to my website, "Most of everything else other than the gambling looked like far left extremist stuff." To make such a statement, has to be painfully unable to comprehend what it is he's looking at (unless he's intentionally lying, which is even worse). If the assignment were to evaluate my website, and his conclusion was, ""Most of everything else other than the gambling looked like far left extremist stuff," every single teacher would assign a failing grade. And that would be an impartial assessment.

In any event, if I'm to be reprimanded, then I'd ask Boz to be reprimanded also, for misrepresenting the actual content of my work.
Presidential Election polls and odds: https://2605.me/p
rxwine
rxwine
March 25th, 2016 at 1:43:31 AM permalink

"Well then, your reading comprehension sucks," is true by any objective standard.

Even objective truth won't save you from violating the insult rule, if it is personal enough.

I'm not going to defend it, but I'm just telling you that's how it's been on this site for awhile now, in case you're not aware.

No insults directed at members, regardless of truth.

On the other hand, occasional mild violations often go unnoticed if it's not a daily occurrence. Of course that last part is just my opinion -- but basically if you're not constantly popping up on the mod radar around here you might slip a mild one by once in awhile.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1494
March 25th, 2016 at 3:30:34 AM permalink

I contend that my statement, "Well then, your reading comprehension sucks," is true by any objective standard.

I've heard this defense lots of times. However, the degree of truth in an insult does not matter. It is not incumbent on the administrators to do an investigation of whether every perceived insult is a truthful statement or not. We pretty much just look at the alleged insult and if it sounds insulting, we throw the yellow flag.

Quote:

In any event, if I'm to be reprimanded, then I'd ask Boz to be reprimanded also, for misrepresenting the actual content of my work.

Sorry, he shall not be. As I've explained many times to other members, there is no rule against being wrong. We admins can not be expected to police every single post for truthfulness. If you believe any statement to be in error, then I would invite you to politely and respectfully explain to the writer why it is incorrect.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
Gabes22
Gabes22
March 25th, 2016 at 7:22:30 AM permalink

If sex appeal is your major issue when it comes to listening to a Presidential candidate, how do Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders have your ear?
TwoFeathersATL
TwoFeathersATL
March 25th, 2016 at 7:46:46 AM permalink

If sex appeal is your major issue when it comes to listening to a Presidential candidate, how do Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders have your ear?

That was funny, I needed a funny.
Maybe Terrapined into older men or women, or both ;-)
terapined
terapined
March 25th, 2016 at 7:47:28 AM permalink

You have it wrong
It is all about sex appeal, but Lilly sex appeal.

Its pro refugee ATT hot Lilly
vs
anti refugee small hands Trump

Its a no brainer, I prefer hot Lilly to small hands Trump
Hot Lilly supports the Dems so they get my vote :-)
therefore voting for Hill or Bernie
Gabes22
Gabes22
March 25th, 2016 at 7:58:39 AM permalink
Quote: TwoFeathersATL

That was funny, I needed a funny.
Maybe Terrapined into older men or women, or both ;-)

Sometimes when having a political discussion, you have to resort to the one thing that unifies us all. Humor
Mission146
Mission146
  • Threads: 142
March 25th, 2016 at 8:01:08 AM permalink

First, I *don't* think I'm better than most people. But better than you? Oh, sure, absolutely, that one's easy. And it's not really surprising that you can't see the difference.

You were so charming on your Gambling with an Edge interview. See you next week.
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/gripes/11182-pet-peeves/120/#post815219
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
  • Threads: 68
March 25th, 2016 at 8:02:21 AM permalink
Yep. It's quite humorous that Americans fall for this garbage and believe ANYTHING these idiot politicians say.
DUHHIIIIIIIII HEARD THAT!
TwoFeathersATL
TwoFeathersATL
March 25th, 2016 at 8:26:33 AM permalink
Quote: Mission146

You were so charming on your Gambling with an Edge interview. See you next week.

if I understand correctly, that was harsh. Maybe cumulatively, speaking of which, I decided to not speak at this time ;-)
Mission146
Mission146
  • Threads: 142
March 25th, 2016 at 8:31:16 AM permalink
Quote: TwoFeathersATL

if I understand correctly, that was harsh. Maybe cumulatively, speaking of which, I decided to not speak at this time ;-)

Wizard JUST gave him a Warning.
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/gripes/11182-pet-peeves/120/#post815219
  • Jump to: