Thread Rating:

SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 122
March 25th, 2016 at 8:31:35 AM permalink
Just when I thought Trump couldn't stoop lower.... he posts strikingly gorgeous picture of his wife with quite unflattering picture of Mrs. Cruz. I think in previous elections this single act of such poor judgment would have eliminated a contender. I still would have to pick him over HC, BS, or TC.
Kasich looks good just because he isn't one of those 4......
TwoFeathersATL
TwoFeathersATL
  • Threads: 37
March 25th, 2016 at 9:00:16 AM permalink
Quote: Mission146

Wizard JUST gave him a Warning.

Maybe Wiz was in a bad mood? Happens to the best, of the best, of us. I volunteer to serve 1/2 of the days, if that is still allowed. I know, odd number. How about 3 of the 4 days? I like to read Bluejay input, more than I like to read mine, even if I find him offensive and uppity, on occasion. He's pretty good with sentence structure and punctuation. OK, maybe that wasn't the best argument. Still, I'd be happy to serve half the sentence (leaving town for a couple days, so what the hell). If BlueJ is a bad guy, he'll reveal himself that much quicker, then you can hit him on the head with a hammer (video pls). Just saying...
Youuuuuu MIGHT be a 'rascal' if.......(nevermind ;-)...2F
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 89
March 25th, 2016 at 9:04:23 AM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

Just when I thought Trump couldn't stoop lower....

Looks like the National Inquirer is getting in on the action
Lets not forget
This is the publication that broke the Gary Hart sex scandal wide open

http://www.nationalenquirer.com/celebrity/ted-cruz-sex-scandal-mistresses-cheating-claims/
Its just a forum. Nothing here to get obsessed about.
TwoFeathersATL
TwoFeathersATL
March 25th, 2016 at 9:25:48 AM permalink
Quote: terapined

Lets not forget

http://www.nationalenquirer.com/celebrity/ted-cruz-sex-scandal-mistresses-cheating-claims/

Even following the link, I don't know, looks like a cheap shot w/o basis in reality.
Just for the record, if I had 5 mistresses eagerly awaiting my services, I prolly wouldn't have time to post here ;-)
National Enquirer 'is' where we should look for the 'off-color' investigative journalism that we all want. They might have pictures. Show me pictures. I like pictures.....
Tanko
Tanko
  • Threads: 0
March 25th, 2016 at 10:29:34 AM permalink

Real name Milana Aleksandrovna Vayntrub
Yup, she's a refugee and active in helping refugees.

She is a Jewish refugee from Uzbekistan.

Much different from the refugees Trump is referring to.

You know. The ones whose religion commands them to slaughter non-believers.

This government has no problem letting terrorists and other evil-doers enter this country.

But try carrying a piece of fruit through customs and see what happens.
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
  • Threads: 34
March 25th, 2016 at 10:58:00 AM permalink

Lets not forget

The Enquirer has been "in on the action" for a mighty long time. Trump and Pecker go a long way back as really good friends, including their cross-endorsing each other.

"It doesn’t hurt that Pecker and Trump have supposedly been good friends for years. “They’re very close,” a source close to the Enquirer told New York magazine in October. The insider also told New York that the Trump campaign was allegedly the source for a negative Enquirer cover story on rival candidate Ben Carson, headlined, “Bungling Surgeon Ben Carson Left Sponge in Patient’s Brain!” (Both the Trump campaign and Pecker flatly denied the allegation.)

Meanwhile, Trump’s other political enemies, such as Carly Fiorina, Marco Rubio, Ted Cruz (called “Boozin’ Ted” by the tabloid), and Jeb Bush have been absolutely savaged in the pages of the Enquirer." -- daily beast
terapined
terapined
March 25th, 2016 at 11:32:42 AM permalink
Quote: Tanko

No I don't know
If what you are saying is true then how do you explain the Muslim city of Dearborn
Massacres in Michigan?
terapined
terapined
March 25th, 2016 at 11:32:44 AM permalink

No I don't know
If what you are saying is true then how do you explain the Muslim city of Dearborn
Massacres in Michigan? I think not.
No more or less crime then any similar American city not dominated by Muslims
Tanko
Tanko
  • Threads: 0
March 25th, 2016 at 1:40:57 PM permalink

No I don't know

Here's a start:

Koran 1:216
Jihad (holy fighting in Allah's cause) is ordained for you (Muslims) though you dislike it, and it may be that you dislike a thing which is good for you...

Koran 8:39
And fight them until there is no more Fitnah (disbelief and worshiping of others).....

Koran 8:60
And make ready against them all you can of power, including steeds of war (tanks, planes, missiles, bombs) to threaten the enemy of Allah....

Koran 8:65
O Prophet (Muhammad)! Urge the believers to fight. If there are twenty steadfast persons amongst you, they will overcome two hundred, and if there be one hundred, they will overcome a thousand of those who disbelieve.

Koran 9:5
Then when the Sacred Months have passed, kill the Musrikun (polytheists) wherever you find them, and capture them and besiege them, and prepare for them each and every ambush....

Quote:

What's to explain?

They stone Christians in Dearborn.

Dearborn Moslem Charged with Nine Counts of Attempted Murder of Street Preachers

Dearborn Moslem Plotted Mass Church Shootings and Beheadings
terapined
terapined
March 25th, 2016 at 1:44:58 PM permalink

Here's a start:

Koran 1:216
Jihad (holy fighting in Allah's cause) is ordained for you (Muslims) though you dislike it, and it may be that you dislike a thing which is good for you...

Koran 8:39
And fight them until there is no more Fitnah (disbelief and worshiping of others).....

Koran 8:60
And make ready against them all you can of power, including steeds of war (tanks, planes, missiles, bombs) to threaten the enemy of Allah....

Koran 8:65
O Prophet (Muhammad)! Urge the believers to fight. If there are twenty steadfast persons amongst you, they will overcome two hundred, and if there be one hundred, they will overcome a thousand of those who disbelieve.

Koran 9:5
Then when the Sacred Months have passed, kill the Musrikun (polytheists) wherever you find them, and capture them and besiege them, and prepare for them each and every ambush....

Its all meaningless
Just as most Muslims don't follow the Koran
99.99999999% Christians don't follow the bible.
Jesus taught love, Conservative so called christians teach hate and discrimination
What religion do the majority on criminals in USA prisons belong too? Christians of course
Just as Christians have there deadbeat criminals, Muslims are no different.
Last edited by: terapined on Mar 25, 2016
RonC
RonC
  • Threads: 40
March 25th, 2016 at 2:15:18 PM permalink

Jesus taught love, Conservative so called christians teach hate and discrimination

Many...most.."Conservative Christians" teach and walk a walk of love and forgiveness. They may not believe exactly as some would have them believe, but they also don't compel someone to attend THEIR particular church. This constant bullcrap of bringing up Christians when talking about Radical Islamic Terrorists is political correctness gone absolutely nuts. They aren't the same, Not even close.

Some Christians did bad things in the name of their religion, mostly a long time ago. Deal with the issue at hand (again, Radical Islamic Terrorists interested in killing everyone who does not believe like they do) and don't try to make it look better by saying "well the did it"...

Are there some "Christians" who take things too far? Sure. They are not killing people, though.

Having a different opinion is not automatically "hate"...Radical Islamic Terrorists prostituting children, killing people who do not believe in their position, etc. is "hate"...
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 212
March 25th, 2016 at 2:25:25 PM permalink
Quote: RonC

Are there some "Christians" who take things too far? Sure. They are not killing people, though.

It's best to blame all of Christianity for any faults of any of them, just like they want to do for Muslim terrorist.

If you're going to blame Islam for any individuals, it would be hypocritical not to blame all of Christianity for any individual wrongs.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
March 25th, 2016 at 2:27:56 PM permalink

No I don't know
Massacres in Michigan?

They may not be acting against infidels and apostates right now. But all indications are that half in the U.S. endorse jihad and sharia.
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
March 25th, 2016 at 2:28:27 PM permalink
This is an amazing story. The Nat Enquirer is not
the tabloid it once was, it got sued too many
times. There is substance to the Cruz story or
they wouldn't have run with it. They have
evidence, as I'm sure we'll find out. I certainly
never expected this from a man of god. Oh, wait.
Never mind..

http://radaronline.com/celebrity-news/ted-cruz-mistresses-revealed-national-enquirer-report/
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
March 25th, 2016 at 2:30:51 PM permalink
Quote: rxwine

It's best to blame all of Christianity for any faults of any of them, just like they want to do for Muslim terrorist. If you're going to blame Islam for any individuals, it would be hypocritical not to blame all of Christianity for any individual wrongs.

Where in the annals of Christianity does it call for killing all those who disagree? Ferdinand et. al. did not have much scriptural basis for the Inquisition.
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
  • Threads: 68
March 25th, 2016 at 2:32:06 PM permalink
All of this over something that doesn't exist.
DUHHIIIIIIIII HEARD THAT!
EvenBob
EvenBob
March 25th, 2016 at 2:34:17 PM permalink
There are pics of the women inside the
magazine, it hits the stands soon. If
true, Ted is toast.

SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
March 25th, 2016 at 2:36:12 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

The Nat Enquirer is not the tabloid it once was, it got sued too many times. There is substance to the Cruz story or they wouldn't have run with it. They have evidence, as I'm sure we'll find out.

As of today, the overweening confidence is obviously misplaced. Just as the electorate's was when it bought the pure fiction published in The New York Times n 2008 about McCain's misadventures.
RonC
RonC
March 25th, 2016 at 2:41:59 PM permalink
Quote: rxwine

It's best to blame all of Christianity for any faults of any of them, just like they want to do for Muslim terrorist.

If you're going to blame Islam for any individuals, it would be hypocritical not to blame all of Christianity for any individual wrongs.

I blame Radical Islamic Terrorists for the incidents of terrorism. I blame President Obama for poor leadership in not bringing together a coalition that includes Muslim nations and non-Muslim nations to fight Radical Muslim Terrorists in their current locations to prevent more of them from spreading their terror around the world. I credit President Obama for getting a few leaders of late, but we need to kill more of them--we need to instill fear in them just as they try to instill fear in us.

I also believe that, when we make the decision to let people into our country, we should be able to vet them completely before their arrival. If we cannot do so, we should assist them in place instead of bringing them here. This goes for every single person we allow in; it really isn't a special rule for Muslims...they just happen to be the ones who it would impact right now. At a time when it takes 20 people to kill 3000 and one person to kill 10's or even 100's of people, we shouldn't just let everyone in because it feels good.

(and I blame the Christian individuals that did bad things for doing bad things...)

Nice try, though!!
Last edited by: RonC on Mar 25, 2016
TwoFeathersATL
TwoFeathersATL
March 25th, 2016 at 2:52:38 PM permalink

I blame Radical Islamic Terrorists for the incidents of terrorism. I blame President Obama for poor leadership in not bringing together a coalition that includes Muslim nations and non-Muslim nations to fight Radical Muslim Terrorists in their current locations to prevent more of them from spreading their terror around the world. I credit President Obama for getting a few leaders of late, but we need to kill more of them--we need to instill fear in them just as they try to instill fear in us.

I also believe that, when we make the decision to let people into our country, we should be able to vet them completely before their arrival. If we cannot do so, we should assist them in place instead of bringing them here. This goes for every single person we allow in; it really isn't a special rule for Muslims...they just happen to be the ones who it would impact right now. On a time when it takes 20 people to kill 3000 and one person to kill 10's or even 100's of people, we shouldn't just let everyone in because it feels good.

(and I blame the Christian individuals that did bad things for doing bad things...)

Nice try, though!!

I was about to post something relatively important, well at least for me, OK not that important. I decided to just request you read RonC's post above, do it for me. Just 2F
ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 22
March 25th, 2016 at 3:18:08 PM permalink
Quote: SanchoPanza

They may not be acting against infidels and apostates right now. But all indications are that half in the U.S. endorse jihad and sharia.

"All indications" are that you pulled this post out of your rear end.
Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
EvenBob
EvenBob
March 25th, 2016 at 3:28:55 PM permalink

There are pics of the women inside the
magazine, it hits the stands soon. If
true, Ted is toast.

Now we're hearing the mainstream media
has known about this story for 6 months.
All the major newspaers in NYC and DC
have been approached with it, by a number
of people. Even Brietbart was approached.
But none wanted to run it, there was just
too much scandal involved. So nobody in
the media is surprised that it finally came
out.
Mission146
Mission146
  • Threads: 142
March 25th, 2016 at 4:00:03 PM permalink
Quote: TwoFeathersATL

Maybe Wiz was in a bad mood? Happens to the best, of the best, of us. I volunteer to serve 1/2 of the days, if that is still allowed. I know, odd number. How about 3 of the 4 days? I like to read Bluejay input, more than I like to read mine, even if I find him offensive and uppity, on occasion. He's pretty good with sentence structure and punctuation. OK, maybe that wasn't the best argument. Still, I'd be happy to serve half the sentence (leaving town for a couple days, so what the hell). If BlueJ is a bad guy, he'll reveal himself that much quicker, then you can hit him on the head with a hammer (video pls). Just saying...

I couldn't go four more days without you here, I'm probably the biggest fan of your posts on this Board. I may, perhaps, be one of the only ones who always understands what you are saying.
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/gripes/11182-pet-peeves/120/#post815219
ams288
ams288
March 25th, 2016 at 4:17:43 PM permalink

Now we're hearing the mainstream media
has known about this story for 6 months.
All the major newspaers in NYC and DC
have been approached with it, by a number
of people. Even Brietbart was approached.
But none wanted to run it, there was just
too much scandal involved. So nobody in
the media is surprised that it finally came
out.

I don't buy that for one second.

"Too much scandal" -? Yeah, cause the media is afraid of reporting about scandal... All the talk I've seen on the cable channels today is that no one has heard of this until now, and there isn't one shred of evidence to back it up.

This seems like a hit job done by Trump's buddy at the National Enquirer.

Glad he's playing this card now so if the Enquirer writes up some anti-Hillary "bombshell" during the general election, we will know the source....

Also, didn't the Enquirer say Hillary had 6 months to live last October? Her time is running out!
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
March 25th, 2016 at 4:22:35 PM permalink
Quote: ams288

"All indications" are that you pulled this post out of your rear end.

Let's see your reliable numbers. Seeing as how you have not seen fit to provide them, For those who rarely if ever cite any strong sources, here are the facts from as centrist a group as is known: pew.

And here is just a smidgen of some of the more intelligent analysis available by the tens of thousands to explain what all this apparently very foreign culture means for Americans: “Since the majority of Muslims worldwide favor enshrining sharia law in their home country, why would they not want to support sharia law in any country they emigrate to?  It is incoherent to assume that a Muslim from, say, Morocco (where 83 percent of Muslims favor sharia law) who emigrates to the United States would want to enshrine sharia law in Morocco but not the USA.. . .

If we take the accepted estimate of 2.75 million Muslims in the USA at present, the Pew polling data suggests that there are 220,000 Muslim Americans who believe that suicide bombings are often or sometimes justified to defend Islam from its enemies, 138,000 who hold a favorable or somewhat favorable view of al Qaeda, and more than 850,000 Muslim Americans who see a conflict between being a devout Muslim and living in a modern society such as that of the United States.”
am. thinker
Almost half the respondents openly admitted their not feeling part of America. If the fact that hundreds of thousands publicly conceded that suicide bombings were justifiable does not raise concerns, then I suggest frequenting airports, train terminals, stadiums and other gathering places where security is not of the highest order.
Face
Administrator
Face
  • Threads: 49
March 25th, 2016 at 4:36:55 PM permalink

I don't buy that for one second.

"Too much scandal" -? Yeah, cause the media is afraid of reporting about scandal... All the talk I've seen on the cable channels today is that no one has heard of this until now, and there isn't one shred of evidence to back it up.

This seems like a hit job done by Trump's buddy at the National Enquirer.

Glad he's playing this card now so if the Enquirer writes up some anti-Hillary "bombshell" during the general election, we will know the source....

Also, didn't the Enquirer say Hillary had 6 months to live last October? Her time is running out!

This thread (and a bit on DT) are my only exposure to the election. I'm here often; you guys do a good job of bringing up the current issues and debating it back and forth.

So it is not you all, y'all are fine. Rather it's the content, that thing which you are discussing, that more and more leaves me walking away from the forum like...

Small hands. Big d@#$. Hotter wife. Sniveling coward. 5 mistresses. National Enquirer?

The position of the President of the United States of America, ladies and gentlemen.

When's the last time you heard about a real issue?
The opinions of this moderator are for entertainment purposes only.
EvenBob
EvenBob
March 25th, 2016 at 5:10:46 PM permalink
Quote: Face

When's the last time you heard about a real issue?

The Enquirer was the big hero when they
sunk John Edawrds as a candidate. Or
ruined Tiger Woods, or exposed Jesse
Jackson. To say they are unreliable is
just not true. As somebody pointed out,
Cruz is saying the article is garbage. Has
anybody heard him say it's not true?
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
March 25th, 2016 at 5:19:12 PM permalink

Has anybody heard him say it's not true?

It's more than enough for me that the No. 1 woman, Trump's very own spokeswoman, called it all untrue.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 122
March 25th, 2016 at 5:29:02 PM permalink

The Enquirer was the big hero when they
sunk John Edawrds as a candidate. Or
ruined Tiger Woods, or exposed Jesse
Jackson. To say they are unreliable is
just not true. As somebody pointed out,
Cruz is saying the article is garbage. Has
anybody heard him say it's not true?

I noticed the same thing immediately. I would have asked him the simple question.... Have you ever had an affair during your marriage?
EvenBob
EvenBob
March 25th, 2016 at 5:29:57 PM permalink
Quote: SanchoPanza

It's more than enough for me that the No. 1 woman, Trump's very own spokeswoman, called it all untrue.

Really, that's good enough? In 2008, both
John Edwards and and the woman involved
both vehemently denied the charges for
months and months. As the evidence mounted
they both had to eventually come clean.

Every person ever accused in one of these things
always, 100% of the time, denies them over and
over and over.

Remember this? Watch the waving finger, he sure
sounded believable.

mcallister3200
mcallister3200
  • Threads: 17
March 25th, 2016 at 5:35:54 PM permalink
Well, we already know Trump had an affair with his current wife when with his past wife, but nobody really cares what Trump did/does, nothing sticks. Anyways, with regards to both Trump and Cruz, what happened to basic gentlemanly decency of you don't talk about someone's wife.....both of these campaigns have less than zero class. Only exception would be if there is video of either wife barking like a dog, that's just too much to pass up.
EvenBob
EvenBob
March 25th, 2016 at 6:37:43 PM permalink
Quote: mcallister3200

Well, we already know Trump had an affair with his current wife when with his past wife, but nobody really cares what Trump did/does, .

The reason it matters with Cruz is, he's a Bible
thumper. His dad is a pastor. Cruz depends
on the Evangelical vote. I can tell you from
first hand experience from people I know,
get caught having an affair and your
Christian 'friends' will turn on you like a pack
of roaming dogs. Will this story hurt him?
It sure as heck won't help him, true or not.
Mission146
Mission146
March 25th, 2016 at 6:44:24 PM permalink
I believe Cruz. I refuse to believe that there is more than one woman on Earth who would ever be willing to have sex with him. The fact that there is even one baffles me.
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/gripes/11182-pet-peeves/120/#post815219
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 212
March 25th, 2016 at 7:03:25 PM permalink

I believe Cruz. I refuse to believe that there is more than one woman on Earth who would ever be willing to have sex with him. The fact that there is even one baffles me.

Yeah, if tomorrow, I wake up and can't get out of bed because I have Victoria's Secret model on each side of me and my bank account is still full of cash, I'll believe Ted Cruz had 5 affairs, because obviously anything can happen.

(here's hoping and crossing my fingers this one comes true. I'll worry about explaining it later.)
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
ams288
ams288
March 25th, 2016 at 7:25:22 PM permalink
How much money does Ted Cruz have? That could explain any potential extramarital affairs.

Let's be realistic, the only reason Melania Trump even looks at her bloated orange clown of a husband is because of 💰💰💰💰.
EvenBob
EvenBob
March 25th, 2016 at 7:32:38 PM permalink

All the talk I've seen on the cable channels today is that no one has heard of this until now

Yet everybody has heard about it for at
least 6 months. Just like they knew about
John Edwards and Tiger and did nothing
about it.

"For months and months, anti-Cruz operatives have pitched a variety of #CruzSexScandal stories to a host of prominent national publications, according to Republican operatives and media figures. The New York Times, The Washington Post, Bloomberg News, Politico, and ABC News—reporters at all those outlets heard some version of the Cruz-is-cheating story. None of them decided to run with rumors."

Even Brietbart wouldn't run with it.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/03/25/ted-cruz-affair-rumors-peddled-by-marco-rubio-s-allies.html
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
March 25th, 2016 at 8:17:53 PM permalink

Other than his money, Trump isn't exactly a catch either.
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
March 25th, 2016 at 8:19:01 PM permalink

How much money does Ted Cruz have? That could explain any potential extramarital affairs.

Let's be realistic, the only reason Melania Trump even looks at her bloated orange clown of a husband is because of 💰💰💰💰.

Bingo!!! No way in hell she'd be with him if he was average Joe working at Ford.
Mission146
Mission146
March 25th, 2016 at 9:17:40 PM permalink
Quote: Ibeatyouraces

He has long beautiful fingers, as well as other things. I jest, and agree with you.

EvenBob would say that Hillary Clinton is the best-looking man in the race. I don't think she looks like a man at all, but I could see EB saying that. I bet he's mad that I thought of it first. j/k
EvenBob
EvenBob
March 25th, 2016 at 9:32:32 PM permalink

Bingo!!! No way in hell she'd be with him if he was average Joe working at Ford.

What the heck is money good for if it
doesn't land you a beautiful wife? Have
you seen Trump's wife. She's gorgeous,
and very smart. I never fault a guy for
doing that, good for him.

Cruz is powerful, he's a senator, and he
is also extremely smart. Many women
are attracted to that combination. Too
bad he's such a dick that to meet him
is to dislike him.

“Note how many colleagues and former associates ‘loathe’ him. A Bush alumnus told the New York Times’ Frank Bruni, ‘Why do people take such an instant dislike to Ted Cruz? It just saves time.’ Former Senate Majority leader Bob Dole says, ‘Nobody likes him,’ while Rep. Peter King sees ‘malice.'” Cytowic wrote. “According to The Washington Post, screenwriter Craig Mazin, Cruz’s former Princeton roommate, has called him a ‘huge asshole,’ and ‘creepy.’ He’s Tweeted, ‘Getting emails blaming me for not smothering Ted Cruz in his sleep in 1988.’
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
March 25th, 2016 at 10:07:10 PM permalink
Look at a side by side of her and the new Bruce Jenner. They're twins!

My point is, she's a gold digger.
EvenBob
EvenBob
March 25th, 2016 at 10:52:39 PM permalink

My point is, she's a gold digger.

Some people are smart, they marry because
it's good for their financial health. Because
marrying for love is one of the stupidest
things you can do. Marrying well is an
accomplishment and always has been
since the day it was invented. And she
looks nothing like Jenner, who is 20
older than her. I saw Melania is an
interview and she was captivating.
EvenBob
EvenBob
March 26th, 2016 at 12:06:52 AM permalink
This thing is busting out all over. Now there
are 8 women involved and corroborating
evidence is appearing all over the place.

ams288
ams288
March 26th, 2016 at 5:30:53 AM permalink

This thing is busting out all over. Now there
are 8 women involved and corroborating
evidence is appearing all over the place.

I have no desire to watch that video, but I do hope this story turns out to be true - purely for entertainment purposes.

And also, believe it or not, I think Cruz would be a way worse President than Trump. I've come around to hoping that Trump gets the nomination. His negatives with women, Hispanics, blacks, etc. are too insurmountable for the general election. They showed a poll on MSNBC yesterday that said 48% of Republican women would have trouble voting for Trump.
Gabes22
Gabes22
  • Threads: 15
March 26th, 2016 at 7:35:56 AM permalink
I find following the futures markets on the Republican side fascinating. Kasich's mild delegate numbers IMO do not support a +900 line on becoming the nominee. I think the Trump and Cruz numbers support where they are in the race at -400 and +400 respectively, but if it becomes more and more clear that noone will get to 1237, this will get really interesting because the Republican party don't want either Trump or Cruz and will do anything to get them away from the nomination.
A flute with no holes is not a flute, a donut with no holes is a danish
RonC
RonC
March 26th, 2016 at 8:09:46 AM permalink

And also, believe it or not, I think Cruz would be a way worse President than Trump.

He could be as inflexible as Obama on compromise since he is so staunch in his conservatism. He doesn't play well with others. Of course, the Senators have no real reason to listen to him or like him because he is a junior Senator and has little impact overall. As President, just as with Obama, they would be forced to at least listen to him.

I've come around to hoping that Trump gets the nomination. His negatives with women, Hispanics, blacks, etc. are too insurmountable for the general election. They showed a poll on MSNBC yesterday that said 48% of Republican women would have trouble voting for Trump.

Those numbers look great for your side!!

I'd just love for everyone to buy into that hype and we'll see where it goes from there. "Having trouble" voting for Trump is not the same as "would vote" for Hillary. Go behind the curtain, and you have to decide which one is least unacceptable. A bad choice, but I bet it will be an easy one for Republicans. Trump has proven to be a resilient candidate. Oh, I still don't like him...but there is no way I would vote for Hillary or Bernie.

We'll see how things fall once the Republicans make the decision to give up the election by alienating the people who have thus far voted for Trump or to go with the results as they end up at convention time. I don't know if the polls showing everyone but Trump doing better against the Democrats account for the loss of trust that nominating someone other than leader after the primaries without some overwhelming reason to do so (like Trump sleeping with a donkey or committing a felony).
Gandler
Gandler
  • Threads: 35
March 26th, 2016 at 9:49:53 AM permalink

Let's be realistic.

Sure women like money, that is no secret.

However, what women like even more than money is confidence, and one thing Trump does not lack is confidence and the ability to boast about his own achievements. I have a feeling Trump is somebody who could pull in women even if he was a normal middle class person simply by his overt confidence , there are plenty of women who naturally love men who stroke their own egos even without anything to be proud of....

From what I have heard, Trump is not a big sex person (which is why at least one of his past marriages failed), so I don't think Trump is a sex maniac, I think instead he likes women who pump his ego.

As for Cruz, is he really that unattractive? He is in decent shape, and really he is not that bad looking.... Though, I know he has a reputation for being a dork and a loner, so that would probably make him less attractive to women....
But, for as much as I don't care for Cruz he does legitimately seem to have a good relationship with his wife, so I can't hold that against him, they were through a lot of rough times and he seems like a loyal person.

But really, the idea that this election has come down to comparing wives is silly.... If Trump wins the nomination I don't even want to know what he will write about Hillary and Bill, it will be brutal. Especially since they used to be friends, he probably has some inside dirt on them...
ams288
ams288
March 26th, 2016 at 10:00:53 AM permalink

I'd just love for everyone to buy into that hype and we'll see where it goes from there. "Having trouble" voting for Trump is not the same as "would vote" for Hillary.

I agree they are not the same. And no one suggests that the people who would have trouble voting for Trump would vote for Hillary instead. A lot of them would simply stay home.

My parents have already said if it's Trump v. Hillary they aren't even gonna bother voting.

From my POV, that sounds great.
ams288
ams288
March 26th, 2016 at 10:04:36 AM permalink
Quote: realDonaldTrump

The media is so after me on women Wow, this is a tough business. Nobody has more respect for women than Donald Trump!

He's started referring to himself in the third person. Not a good sign. Crazy!
RonC
RonC
March 26th, 2016 at 11:10:20 AM permalink

I agree they are not the same. And no one suggests that the people who would have trouble voting for Trump would vote for Hillary instead. A lot of them would simply stay home.

My parents have already said if it's Trump v. Hillary they aren't even gonna bother voting.

From my POV, that sounds great.

I think there will be a percentage that stays away. I caution against overconfidence in that favoring Hillary more than Donald...Donald has excited a lot of people; Hillary has followers but not much excitement. Obama won on excitement, not substance. His general election opponents were some of the least exciting people and he beat Hillary...all three had WAY more check marks as far as qualifications are concerned. Yes, Hillary does lead right now against Trump. The Republicans are a disorganized cluster-muster right now and the Democrats are basically settled on a candidate...once the Republicans settle in, things will change. We'll see which way, but weren't all of Obama's major opponents ahead of him at some point?

It will be an interesting ride!!
  • Jump to: