Thread Rating:

Nareed
Nareed
  • Threads: 373
August 14th, 2012 at 8:01:02 AM permalink
Quote: Wizard

Thanks. Given HB's comments since I wrote that, my window has closed on that bet.

And after reading her post, I was going to seriously raise my bet to $1,000 <sigh>
Donald Trump is a fucking criminal
weaselman
weaselman
  • Threads: 20
August 14th, 2012 at 8:38:27 AM permalink
Quote: Woldus

Buzz has been overwhelmingly kind to HB throughout this whole thread.

Doesn't matter. Being kind earlier, doesn't give him any right to start spreading negativity now. It's almost as despicable as SOOPOO daring to disagree on a minor point after singlehandedly having made the whole thing possible.
"When two people always agree one of them is unnecessary"
buzzpaff
buzzpaff
  • Threads: 112
August 14th, 2012 at 9:05:42 AM permalink
FINAL COMMENT :

" Whoa!!! The bet is clear. The terms are clear. HB must have EITHER me or the Wiz verify the weigh in"

Then if the Wiz is out of the country on business, SOOPOO will be allowed to witness the weigh in !

Or the bet is off !!! Is that correct ?? Then it becomes all about the MONEY and not the BET.

REALLY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am sure HB thinks my position is harsh, so in my last post on this thread, I will explain my background.

In 1961 or 62 I was collecting bets for Julius " THE LORD " Salisbury . A store owner in downtown Baltimore saw me taking a bet from
an employee and asked if he could get $20 down on the Colts. I know it was 61 or 62 because The Lord got 18 months for tax evasion in 1963. Anyway, Colts lost and Monday was collection day. No Monday night football back then.

The store owner told me to get the hell out of his store or he would call the cops. Refused to pay his $20. Julius told me not to worry about it. It was 6 or 7 months before I found out how he handled it. 2 months after welching, that store owner, returning from
lunch, on a busy Friday afternoon was to meet a Baltimore legend. Tony Baldoni. A welterweight boxer who's claim to fame was his last fight in 1960.. In it he got knocked out by Sugar ray Robinson in round one. ( This is a fact, not a Rockie movie LOL )

Anyway as he passed by the store owner, Tony unleashed a right hand hook and the store owner was knocked out and crumpled to the sidewalk with a broken jaw. Happened so fast nobody on that crowded sidewalk knew what happened and Tony strolled away, his business finished. It cost the Lord $1,000 to bring Tony down from Wilkes Barres. All over a $20 bet.

It was all about the BET and not the MONEY.

Footnote * I actually met Tony once later in 1962. You can google his record. You can also google Julius THe LORd Salisbury.
He is on quite a few threads as he had one hell of an appeal on a Federal rap in 1969. He would send checks and money orders to a cash checking place by a runner ( not me, I went over to the DARKSIDE. ( AT&T ) in 1969 ). The Feds said he was guilty of some bullshit charges on interstate transfer of illegal funds as a few checks were out of state.

In 1963 he got nailed for income tax evasion and not having a $50 gambling stamp. Illegal to gamble with or without that stamp. More federal bullshit.

Anyway I never saw The LORD after 1970. Neither did anybody else, including the Feds who showed up to pick him up when they got the word his appeal was denied. ROFLMAO. Evidently Julius had a better source than the Feds.

Shame the WIZ is so damn honest or I'd pay him to say he was out of the country on the weigh in.

Gee, dealing with legitimate people is no fun sometimes.
Nareed
Nareed
August 14th, 2012 at 9:11:25 AM permalink
Quote: buzzpaff

" Dirty Laundry " I think he has a right to see the weigh in. Are you implying SOOPOO has done something worthy of a restraining order ? Get real !

I'm saying you don't know the whole story between HotBlonde and Soopoo. I don't know the whole story, either. But I do know something about the two people involved. I'd say enough to trust that HB is making a rational decision in the matter.

The bottom line is that the weigh-in is HB's event. If she wants to bar someone, that's her choice to make. You can disagree with her, of course, but take a hint when she says she's made her choice and stop pestering HB about it. All you'll succeed in doing is making her mad at you.
buzzpaff
buzzpaff
August 14th, 2012 at 9:11:52 AM permalink
Quote: weaselman

Doesn't matter. Being kind earlier, doesn't give him any right to start spreading negativity now. It's almost as despicable as SOOPOO daring to disagree on a minor point after singlehandedly having made the whole thing possible.

You profile does not list your occupation. Can i assume you are a Federal Prosecuter ?
1BB
1BB
  • Threads: 18
August 14th, 2012 at 9:13:36 AM permalink
Is anybody going to stand up to her and tell her to stop the nonsense? Anyone? Even her staunchest supporters are having second thoughts.

If she wins maybe everyone should pay her a dollar a week. Have her send a self addressed envelope every week for the dollar bill.
Many people, especially ignorant people, want to punish you for speaking the truth. - Mahatma Ghandi
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 122
August 14th, 2012 at 9:16:58 AM permalink
I never entertained the possibility that both Mike and I might possibly be unavailable for the weigh in. HB nor I nor Mike ever broached that possibility. I will be at the whim of the airline industry. We know Mike has a real job now, and it is not inconceivable that he will called out of town on an emergency trip to Macau or Peoria. So Mike, and HB, what to do in the unlikely but theoretically possible event that neither SOOPOO or the WIZ can attend? I would say in fairness to HB that any non relative of HB, who is a forum member and has made a bet, could attest, if both Mike and I were unable to be there on the calendar date of October 17. It would be totally unfair to HB to cancel the bet because of an unforseen circumstance keeping Mike and I away. But since this does not just affect HB, Mike, and me, I would like the others who have made wagers to chime in.
buzzpaff
buzzpaff
August 14th, 2012 at 9:17:16 AM permalink
Quote: Nareed

I'm saying you don't know the whole story between HotBlonde and Soopoo. I don't know the whole story, either. But I do know something about the two people involved. I'd say enough to trust that HB is making a rational decision in the matter.

The bottom line is that the weigh-in is HB's event. If she wants to bar someone, that's her choice to make. You can disagree with her, of course, but take a hint when she says she's made her choice and stop pestering HB about it. All you'll succeed in doing is making her mad at you.

And since you know both people involved, are you saying that if Wiz was unavailable for the weigh in, HB would call off all the bets ??

If HB is mad at me, so be it. I respect her enough to say when I think she is wrong.

Time for you to be HONEST. If Wiz can not attend, will she call off the bets or not.

DAMN Now i have to log off. My last comment was to be 2 posts ago. DAMN
buzzpaff
buzzpaff
August 14th, 2012 at 9:19:54 AM permalink
I called off my bet, but must chime in. If you are available and denied the weigh in and Mike is unavailable ?

Under those circumstances, and only those, It's a no brainer for me. ALL BETS OFF !!
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
August 14th, 2012 at 9:27:49 AM permalink
Quote: 1BB

Is anybody going to stand up to her and tell her to stop the nonsense? Anyone? Even her staunchest supporters are having second thoughts.

If she wins maybe everyone should pay her a dollar a week. Have her send a self addressed envelope every week for the dollar bill.

Geez.... YOU are a gambler, right, 1BB? I mean this seriously, but the sanctity of the handshake that seals a bet cannot be underestimated. I am NOT looking for a way to get out of this bet. I am looking to fairly and honestly have it come to a conclusion. Whatever nonsense you impute to HB, that does not change THE BET. She can trash talk about me, share our private messages with Nareed, make false accusations about me, but NONE of that changes THE BET.
Obviously for those that won't be in Vegas during the weigh in it would be unreasonable to expect them to instantaneously pay HB, nor have HB instantaneously pay them. But for those of us there, it is implied that the payoff will occur that day. For those not there a reasonable plan can be laid out by HB with the winners or losers... I would guess a check could be mailed....
buzzpaff
buzzpaff
August 14th, 2012 at 9:31:09 AM permalink
" I would guess a check could be mailed.... " Be careful SOOPOO. That's why The Lord had to disappear LOL

On a sad note his wife died in 1994, 24 years after he disappeared. Fairly certain she did not see him at all during that time.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
August 14th, 2012 at 9:32:56 AM permalink

I called off my bet, but must chime in. If you are available and denied the weigh in and Mike is unavailable ?

Under those circumstances, and only those, It's a no brainer for me. ALL BETS OFF !!

I would disagree, Buzz. If Mike is unavailable and HB is given the opportunity to weigh in with me present and chooses not to, I would say she forfeits the bet. She has the responsibility to weigh in with either Mike or I present. Her feelings for me does not change that. Remember, there are other forum members whose rights have to be protected, too. They are expecting a weigh in with either Mike or I present. So if that does not happen solely as a result of HB opting not to weigh in, then she loses the bet.
Nareed
Nareed
August 14th, 2012 at 9:34:52 AM permalink

And since you know both people involved, are you saying that if Wiz was unavailable for the weigh in, HB would call off all the bets ??

I think I know HB enough to judge her character. I don't know anyone well enough to read her mind. So, honest answer, I don't know what she would do.

If it were me in her place, though, I'd let Soopoo witness the weigh-in, as long as there were other people present as well. I'd regard it as a last resort, and believe me you don't want to hear the specifics.

Quote:

If HB is mad at me, so be it. I respect her enough to say when I think she is wrong.

Fine. You've said it. She heard you. It's done. No need to keep at it.
buzzpaff
buzzpaff
August 14th, 2012 at 9:41:23 AM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

I would disagree, Buzz. If Mike is unavailable and HB is given the opportunity to weigh in with me present and chooses not to, I would say she forfeits the bet. She has the responsibility to weigh in with either Mike or I present. Her feelings for me does not change that. Remember, there are other forum members whose rights have to be protected, too. They are expecting a weigh in with either Mike or I present. So if that does not happen solely as a result of HB opting not to weigh in, then she loses the bet.

One of us is confused, probable me. That's what I was trying to say. ALL BETS ARE OFF
1BB
1BB
August 14th, 2012 at 9:49:20 AM permalink

Geez.... YOU are a gambler, right, 1BB? I mean this seriously, but the sanctity of the handshake that seals a bet cannot be underestimated. I am NOT looking for a way to get out of this bet. I am looking to fairly and honestly have it come to a conclusion. Whatever nonsense you impute to HB, that does not change THE BET. She can trash talk about me, share our private messages with Nareed, make false accusations about me, but NONE of that changes THE BET.
Obviously for those that won't be in Vegas during the weigh in it would be unreasonable to expect them to instantaneously pay HB, nor have HB instantaneously pay them. But for those of us there, it is implied that the payoff will occur that day. For those not there a reasonable plan can be laid out by HB with the winners or losers... I would guess a check could be mailed....

I am probably the farthest thing from a gambler that you will ever see and the dollar a week comment was tongue in cheek.

Now I ask again. Does anyone have the gumption to stand up to her?
Many people, especially ignorant people, want to punish you for speaking the truth. - Mahatma Ghandi
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
  • Threads: 117
August 14th, 2012 at 9:59:24 AM permalink
First of all, it was determined pages and pages and pages ago that me being weighed in at a clinic by and actual medical doctor with notated proof of my weight on that day would be enough evidence. If the Wizard is not available then I would go and have a physician verify my weight. Maybe you all missed that.

Secondly, Wizard had agreed to collect any winnings for me for those who would not be present at my final weigh-in. This had become known not long ago. Just as buzz supposedly collected winnings for this Lord guy, Wizard will be collecting for me from those not attending my weigh-in. And since SOOPOO is not only banned from my weigh-in but has been instructed to stay the hell away from me he will be giving the Wizard my winnings. For SOOPOO to even insist that he must physically hand it to me in person is not only another example of him disrespecting my wishes, it is stalkerish and as stated before I WILL get the police involved! I had a stalker once before and had NO problem calling the police on him more than once.
OFFICIALLY and justifiably reclaimed my title as SuperHotBlonde!
Switch
Switch
  • Threads: 12
August 14th, 2012 at 10:04:52 AM permalink

... ... ...
Now I ask again. Does anyone have the gumption to stand up to her?

I, along with other forum members, have stated that we feel that SOOPOO should be allowed to attend. However, we don't know the exact reason of the fall-out between them so we can only react on what we know.

SOOPOO has stated that the only requirement to complete the wager is if Mike is there at the weigh-in. If he feels that he should definitely be at the weigh in then this is the time to state it. If SOOPOO is content to leave things as they are then that is what will happen.

FWIW, I will definitely be in Vegas at that time in case Wiz & SOOPOO cannot make it.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1494
August 14th, 2012 at 10:05:54 AM permalink
There is about a 90% chance I'll be present for the weigh in. Why don't we save all this drama in case the other 10% happens. For example, a respected forum member is an attorney here in Vegas who I think would verify the weight, if asked. A doctor's statement would also satisfy me.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
buzzpaff
buzzpaff
August 14th, 2012 at 10:23:28 AM permalink

There is about a 90% chance I'll be present for the weigh in. Why don't we save all this drama in case the other 10% happens. For example, a respected forum member is an attorney here in Vegas who I think would verify the weight, if asked. A doctor's statement would also satisfy me.

Never intended to start a soap opera. Once again the man behind the curtain is indeed the WIZ !
rdw4potus
rdw4potus
  • Threads: 80
August 14th, 2012 at 10:30:55 AM permalink
Quote: HotBlonde

First of all, it was determined pages and pages and pages ago that me being weighed in at a clinic by and actual medical doctor with notated proof of my weight on that day would be enough evidence. If the Wizard is not available then I would go and have a physician verify my weight. Maybe you all missed that.

Secondly, Wizard had agreed to collect any winnings for me for those who would not be present at my final weigh-in. This had become known not long ago. Just as buzz supposedly collected winnings for this Lord guy, Wizard will be collecting for me from those not attending my weigh-in. And since SOOPOO is not only banned from my weigh-in but has been instructed to stay the hell away from me he will be giving the Wizard my winnings. For SOOPOO to even insist that he must physically hand it to me in person is not only another example of him disrespecting my wishes, it is stalkerish and as stated before I WILL get the police involved! I had a stalker once before and had NO problem calling the police on him more than once.

I'm confused: are you weighing in at home on your own scale (like you said 2 pages ago), or are you weighing in at a clinic with an actual doctor (like you're saying now)?

Either way, 10/17 is right in the middle of my vacation, so I'll be available to be a witness (at least to the ceremonial weigh-in) if Mike is unavailable & Scott is still barred.
"So as the clock ticked and the day passed, opportunity met preparation, and luck happened." - Maurice Clarett
weaselman
weaselman
  • Threads: 20
August 14th, 2012 at 10:32:27 AM permalink

One of us is confused, probable me. That's what I was trying to say. ALL BETS ARE OFF

"Bets are off" means they don't count. What SOOPOO says is that if HB refuses to present herself to weigh-in, she loses.
"When two people always agree one of them is unnecessary"
buzzpaff
buzzpaff
August 14th, 2012 at 10:37:09 AM permalink
Quote: weaselman

"Bets are off" means they don't count. What SOOPOO says is that if HB refuses to present herself to weigh-in, she loses.

I said I was probably confused. LOL
thecesspit
thecesspit
  • Threads: 53
August 14th, 2012 at 10:45:58 AM permalink
(shakes head)

In future, all bets should have a notarized set of conditions attached, logged and pinned to the top of the thread for perpetuity.
"Then you can admire the real gambler, who has neither eaten, slept, thought nor lived, he has so smarted under the scourge of his martingale, so suffered on the rack of his desire for a coup at trente-et-quarante" - Honore de Balzac, 1829
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
August 14th, 2012 at 10:49:08 AM permalink
Quote: rdw4potus

I'm confused: are you weighing in at home on your own scale (like you said 2 pages ago), or are you weighing in at a clinic with an actual doctor (like you're saying now)?

Either way, 10/17 is right in the middle of my vacation, so I'll be available to be a witness (at least to the ceremonial weigh-in) if Mike is unavailable & Scott is still barred.

Thank you for your kind offer. I will accept if both Mike and I are unable to attend. But the bet's terms were that either Mike or I witness the weigh in. I would consider your offer ONLY if both Mike and I were unable to be there.
And HB, threatening me with the police.... how silly.... What do you think I would tell them if they contacted me about this matter? Think about it....

HB, if you don't want me there and Mike can be there I won't attend. If Mike can't be there the rules state that I will be there. Simple. No doctor. No other forum member. No attorney. (They can be there as long as I am there, too. You of course can invite whomever you wish). And I WILL NOT be giving Mike your winnings. If you win, I will give them to you. And I expect you will graciously thank me for setting up the whole challenge, twisting the arms of many to engage in this bet against you, for prodding you on your way to victory, and hopefully, changing your life for the better. I'll make myself available at a time and place of your choosing.
1BB
1BB
August 14th, 2012 at 10:59:54 AM permalink
Today's word of the day .......stalkerish.
FinsRule
FinsRule
  • Threads: 128
August 14th, 2012 at 11:17:27 AM permalink

Today's word of the day .......stalkerish.

This is going to make one boring Lifetime movie.
Nareed
Nareed
August 14th, 2012 at 1:11:14 PM permalink

If Mike can't be there the rules state that I will be there. Simple. No doctor. No other forum member. No attorney. (They can be there as long as I am there, too. You of course can invite whomever you wish). And I WILL NOT be giving Mike your winnings. If you win, I will give them to you. And I expect you will graciously thank me for setting up the whole challenge, twisting the arms of many to engage in this bet against you, for prodding you on your way to victory, and hopefully, changing your life for the better. I'll make myself available at a time and place of your choosing.

Look, I don't know all that went down between the two of you, but it's clear HotBlonde wants nothing further to do with you. And right now you're acting the exact same way a serial abuser does. In other words, you're being a bully and are beating up on a woman. I can't comprehend why you'd act that way, but, really, you should stop this right now.
kulin
kulin
  • Threads: 9
August 14th, 2012 at 1:20:07 PM permalink

Look, I don't know all that went down between the two of you, but it's clear HotBlonde wants nothing further to do with you.

She does seem to want his money.
Mission146
Mission146
  • Threads: 142
August 14th, 2012 at 1:38:25 PM permalink
I agree with the Wiz on this one. I think that all of the hypotheticals and everything have gone quite far enough until it can be established that The Wiz cannot be present for the weigh-in. I honestly would not have made my earlier comment had I realized that the rules specifically stated that either be present for the weigh-in. In that event, HB can bar SOOPOO and be fully within the Rules, as long as The Wiz is present.

It seems that The Wiz agrees to be bound by the word of an attorney (who posts here) or any medical report, SOOPOO does not. In that event, I would suggest that if The Wiz is unavailable, and HB absolutely refuses to have SOOPOO present for the weigh-in, the bet with SOOPOO is off and the bet with everyone else stands given the assumption that any other party to the bet has the right to be present at the weigh-in.

I sincerely hope that The Wiz is available to make the weigh-in, and then all of this between HB and SOOPOO can be brought to its conclusion once and for all.
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/gripes/11182-pet-peeves/120/#post815219
1BB
1BB
August 14th, 2012 at 1:44:12 PM permalink

Look, I don't know all that went down between the two of you, but it's clear HotBlonde wants nothing further to do with you. And right now you're acting the exact same way a serial abuser does. In other words, you're being a bully and are beating up on a woman. I can't comprehend why you'd act that way, but, really, you should stop this right now.

She's implying that SOOPOO's a stalker and you're calling him a bully. Maybe it's time to air the dirty laundry. I'd like to know how they got to know each other in the first place.

Come on you two.Don't make me wait to read about it in Liz Smith's column.
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
August 14th, 2012 at 1:44:37 PM permalink
I haven't posted in this thread in weeks.
It seems to me that if HB feels this strongly
about SooPoo, she should cancel his part
of the bet. Barring him from the final
ceremonies just because she doesn't like
him is a tad bit over the top. Where does
it say she gets to make those rules? If
she doesn't want him there, wants nothing
to do with him, then why would she want
his money? If she wins, just cancel his bet.
Its really the only way to reslove this.
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
Mission146
Mission146
  • Threads: 142
August 14th, 2012 at 1:50:26 PM permalink
I would agree, EvenBob, but the Rules specifically stated that either SOOPOO or The Wiz be present for the weigh-in. Technically, HB can bar him and still be fully within the Rules of the bet, provided The Wiz makes it.
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/gripes/11182-pet-peeves/120/#post815219
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 212
August 14th, 2012 at 1:56:30 PM permalink
SOOPOO disguises himself as the Wizard. Problem solved!?
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 212
August 14th, 2012 at 1:57:52 PM permalink
HotBlonde also disguises herself as the Wizard. Everyone weighs..
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
EvenBob
EvenBob
August 14th, 2012 at 1:58:31 PM permalink
Quote: Mission146

I would agree, EvenBob, but the Rules specifically stated that either SOOPOO or The Wiz be present for the weigh-in. Technically, HB can bar him and still be fully within the Rules of the bet, provided The Wiz makes it.

Nothing in the rules says she has to accept
SooPoo's money. She can refuse and should
refuse it if she hates him as much as she
claims. She's going to call the police if he
shows up? All she has to do if she wins is
say 'no thank you' to him and the problem
is solved. Its really the right thing to do. Its
certainly what I'd do. Why would I want the
money of somebody I dislike that much, why
would anybody.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
August 14th, 2012 at 2:04:35 PM permalink
I've been asked to make a ruling about what should happen if SOOPOO insists on being present at the weigh-in and paying in person. So, can somebody quote to me the post or source that says how the ending weight will be recorded and reported, as well as how winnings would be paid. I think this is going to come down to parsing exact words.
Woldus
Woldus
  • Threads: 14
August 14th, 2012 at 2:06:02 PM permalink
Wiz,

Any admonishment to posters who are using terms like "serial abuser", and "stalker" about specific members?

I thought you could post about a subject, but not resort to calling other forum members names.

I know there seems to be a lot of unrevealed background between them, but all the insults are flowing in one direction. Loud and public. (I'd be pissed if it were me).
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
August 14th, 2012 at 2:09:58 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

It seems to me that if HB feels this strongly
about SooPoo, she should cancel his part
of the bet.

That makes no sense. A bet is a bet, whether it's a bet with Satan, with someone you know, don't know, like, don't like. Money is money, that is just a dumb idea to turn down his money just because I don't like him. It's money owed and he has to pay whether I like him or not.

Quote: rxwine

SOOPOO disguises himself as the Wizard. Problem solved!?

I literally just laughed out loud! Thank you for adding humor in when it was greatly needed. This whole thing has gotten out of hand, and yes, Scott is being a bully for not backing down. Why the hell would you want to be around a woman who is disgusted by you? Chasing after a woman who wants nothing to do with you is pathetic.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
August 14th, 2012 at 2:12:16 PM permalink
Quote: Woldus

Any admonishment to posters who are using terms like "serial abuser", and "stalker" about specific members?

Let's look at the quote in queston.

Quote: HB

For SOOPOO to even insist that he must physically hand it to me in person is not only another example of him disrespecting my wishes, it is stalkerish and as stated before I WILL get the police involved! I had a stalker once before and had NO problem calling the police on him more than once.

She said SOOPOO's behavior is "stalkerish." That does not come to the level of "SOOPOO is a stalker." However, HB has been given an official warning about another remark yesterday. She is playing it close to the line, but hasn't crossed it yet.
Nareed
Nareed
August 14th, 2012 at 2:12:47 PM permalink
Quote: Mission146

Come on, guys. This isn't some academic exercise or a math problem to be solved. You know HB's been having health issues, that she gets bouts of debilitating pain, and that there's really bad blood between her and Soopoo. Does this seem like the right time to gang up on her? And for what? For some technicality over a bet?

Really, there's no right time to do that, but this is a much worse time than most others. Please, just lay off.
EvenBob
EvenBob
August 14th, 2012 at 2:23:54 PM permalink

That makes no sense.

It makes as much sense as you demanding he
not be there. If you care
so much that you'd actually call the police if he
showed up, just cancel his part of the bet if you
win. Otherwise, let him come to the weigh in
and give you the money in person. You're lucky
its not me you bet with. If you refused to let me
be there I would't give you a nickel. If you get
to make rules, I would get to make rules too.
Fair is fair.
RonC
RonC
  • Threads: 40
August 14th, 2012 at 2:29:28 PM permalink

That makes no sense. A bet is a bet, whether it's a bet with Satan, with someone you know, don't know, like, don't like. Money is money, that is just a dumb idea to turn down his money just because I don't like him. It's money owed and he has to pay whether I like him or not.

I find it interesting that you are not denying that one of the conditions of the bet is that the Wizard or Soopoo witness the weigh in. If that was not a valid condition, you could simply state that fact and barring him would be fine. If it is indeed one of the conditions of the bet and BOTH OF YOU cannot agree to change it (and it appears he is not willing to do so), then you need to either let him be at the weigh-in or call off the bet.
rdw4potus
rdw4potus
  • Threads: 80
August 14th, 2012 at 2:30:18 PM permalink

Scott is being a bully for not backing down.

You are an adult, not a child. You are also not backing down. I know there's a lot going on in private, but I've read every page of this thread at least twice and I just don't see where Scott's public actions are any more out of line than yours.
"So as the clock ticked and the day passed, opportunity met preparation, and luck happened." - Maurice Clarett
FinsRule
FinsRule
  • Threads: 128
August 14th, 2012 at 2:32:05 PM permalink

Lol, asking to be present at a bet to give the other person money is the EXACT way a serial abuser would act? He's beating up on a woman?

We are all being too mean? Come on.
EvenBob
EvenBob
August 14th, 2012 at 2:34:54 PM permalink
Quote: RonC

and BOTH OF YOU cannot agree to change it (and it appears he is not willing to do so), then you need to either let him be at the weigh-in or call off the bet.

Thats correct. You can't make up rules as
you go along and expect the other party
to obey them out of hand. New Rule: 'If
you come to my weigh in I'm calling the
cops.' OK then, my new rule: I'm not paying.
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
August 14th, 2012 at 2:35:27 PM permalink

I've been asked to make a ruling about what should happen if SOOPOO insists on being present at the weigh-in and paying in person. So, can somebody quote to me the post or source that says how the ending weight will be recorded and reported, as well as how winnings would be paid. I think this is going to come down to parsing exact words.

I think, ultimately, it would be your decision. In the beginning of this post it was stated that the only actual RULES of this bet were that:

a) HB weighs 160.8 or less on October 17th
b) she not use any diuretics
c) she not utilize any weight loss surgery

It was never a part of the official rules that anyone who put their money up be physically present on that date in order to pay or get paid,
and it was never said originally who it was that HAD to witness the final weigh in. Again, I am talking about the RULES.

I had agreed to weigh myelf in in Las Vegas simply because it was to be a time for me to relax and enjoy some time off after an incredibly long stretch of hard work and perseverance. This was not a condition of the bet, I had said I would weigh in there for the fun of it and to treat myself to a vacation.

When my back issues first started up Wizard had said that if I chose not to weigh in in Las Vegas I had the option of having a doctor weigh me in as proof, as long as there was verifiable evidence to complete the bet. It's going to be a pain in the ass (no pun intended) but I'm going to have to find where this was stated, it may have even been in a PM or email to me.

Secondly, SOOPOO doesn't have any right to make up rules along the way. To say that he has to be there if the Wizard is not and no doctor or lawyer or anyone can't be a verifying person to my weigh-in is just garbage and he has no right to call the shots as he's trying to here. And to say that I will only get paid if he is to personally hand me the cash is crap as well as a bet is to be honored and paid regardless. You think if I lose I can just say, "Well, I don't like Scott and I don't want to be around him so I'm not going to pay him." No, it doesn't work that way. If I lose the bet I pay regardless of whether I am personally handing it to him or not.

So in the end, I don't think that Scott, nor me, nor anyone else's opinion should matter but that Mike should be the ultimate decision-maker as it's his site (and not to mention he has the greatest financial stake in this challenge). Mike knows that I don't want to be around Scott AT ALL and that I feel threatened by his presence and will take this into consideration when making his decision should he have to make the final ruling short of any evidence of posted rules that someone should dig up and cite.

I honestly think this whole thing has gotten out of hand and if Scott would just BACK DOWN and stop insisting himself on me then there wouldn't have been an issue to begin with. So seriously, just let it go Scott. I don't want to be around you see just leave me alone.
EvenBob
EvenBob
August 14th, 2012 at 2:42:27 PM permalink

It was never a part of the official rules that anyone who put their money up be physically present on that date in order to pay or get paid,

EXACTLY!! And you can't make new rules along
the way just because you want to. There was
no offical rule about it at all, why do you think
you get to make one now? SooPoo gets to decide
if he wants to go or not. If he does go, you can
decide to stay home. Of course you won't get
paid, but you'd get your way. Isn't that what this is
about, you getting your way?
Nareed
Nareed
August 14th, 2012 at 2:51:44 PM permalink
Quote: FinsRule

Lol, asking to be present at a bet to give the other person money is the EXACT way a serial abuser would act? He's beating up on a woman?

You think this is funny???

Look, all that transpired between Soopoo and me is posted out in public. Given that, I would not be willing to be alone in the same room with the guy. It's not a laughing matter.
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
August 14th, 2012 at 2:52:31 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

EXACTLY!! And you can't make new rules along
the way just because you want to. There was
no offical rule abour it at all, why do you think
you get to make one now? SooPoo gets to decide
if he wants to go or not. If he does go, you can
decide to stay home. Of course you won't get
paid, but you'd get your way. Isn't that what this is
about, you getting your way?

Bob you are not making sense. I'm not going to keep going back and forth on this, this is a waste of my time. The loser has to pay if they lose the bet, there is nothing and no rule that says that they have to pay that winner in person. What part of that don't you get?
RonC
RonC
  • Threads: 40
August 14th, 2012 at 2:53:32 PM permalink

You think this is funny???

Look, all that transpired between Soopoo and me is posted out in public. Given that, I would not be willing to be alone in the same room with the guy. It's not a laughing matter.

Nobody is asking you or HB to be ALONE in a room with him.
  • Jump to: