Thread Rating:

SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 122
July 31st, 2012 at 5:47:26 AM permalink
Quote: HotBlonde

Thanks. It feels great to have lost 23 pounds but I'm excited to lose the additional 94 pounds I plan on losing. I don't see myself stopping till I get there! :)

HB reminding people that her real goal is not 160.8. Notice the sum of 94 and 23 would equal a weight loss of 117!
Nareed
Nareed
  • Threads: 373
July 31st, 2012 at 6:46:59 AM permalink

Not only do I not want you at the weigh in I don't want you anywhere NEAR the specific places I told you I'll be when I'm there. If you seriously show up against my request I will, as YOU said, get the police involved. Don't test me! I'm so not kidding right now!!! Stay the hell away from me.

I can't really say what I want to, due to the site policies on PMs, but I totally understand where you're coming from.

Just do your part, enjoy the trip and don't to let anyone spoil it for you.
Donald Trump is a fucking criminal
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
  • Threads: 117
July 31st, 2012 at 7:05:52 AM permalink
Quote: Nareed

I totally understand where you're coming from.

Thank you! I'm glad you understand more of the whole story! It makes a big difference!
OFFICIALLY and justifiably reclaimed my title as SuperHotBlonde!
Nareed
Nareed
July 31st, 2012 at 7:16:57 AM permalink

Thank you! I'm glad you understand more of the whole story! It makes a big difference!

You're welcome.

But look at it on the plus side: you'll have lots to talk about during and after the weigh-in ;)
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
August 1st, 2012 at 2:42:55 PM permalink
Alas, I had my appointment this morning with the orthopedic doctor. So here is what I found out...

I have degenerative arthritis in my spine. There was something else going on too, I don't remember specifically what he said about the other thing, but he did say I have a compressed nerve. The results of the MRI does not show that I need surgery, but I need to see the results from the EMG testing that I am to go do 6 weeks from now to find out if I may need surgery since the MRI did not in itself show enough evidence. The EMG is what I needed to get done due to my dropped foot, which he says IS due to my back but not from anything that shows in my MRI. The EMG is an electrical nerve conduction test that is used to ultimately determine the cause of the problem that is causing my muscle numbness and weakness. There are different reasons why, for 12 weeks now, I still have numbness and weakness in my left foot and toes and why I can still barely move them. I also got refered to see a Neurologist. I was told by the nurse that the Ortho doc and the Neurologist both can help me in this situation. I don't know what the difference is between the two and why I need to see both of them, it seems a bit redundant, but I can't complain cuz I need all the help I can get!

So, my next appointment is with the Ortho doc again 7 weeks from now, which is one week after my EMG test, and I will find out from there what the issues have been isolated to and it'll be clearer at that time whether I'll need surgery to undo the issue. In the mean time he told me to go to and continue physical therapy. I told him that when I had just started doing physical therapy that it actually inflamed the situation and created a lot more pain, sending me twice to the ER in one weekend. He said that unfortunately that will happen up front until my body gets used to it, but told me that I need to do the things my PT James has showed me to do every single day, but that if I'm starting to feel pain then to stop there and try again the next day. I asked how long until I could notice a difference to where my pain could cease from returning and he said after I had done my PT for about 2 months. I asked him what to do about the pain and since I have an arthritic condition is there a special prescription I would need for that. He said just a basic anti-inflammatory like Ibuprofen, but he said that they do not treat pain there and could not give me a prescription for pain since their only function there is solely to determine whether I would need surgery or not and that's it. Ughh!!!

I literally had just run out of my vicodin today but while I was waiting in the waiting room afterwards before I got discharged I called my clinic and was able (very, very luckily) to snag an open spot tomorrow afternoon with my primary care physician. Thank god! They said that she's the only one who can treat and manage my pain. I do have Ibuprofen at home that I can take in the mean time, lots of it, actually, but will probably have just as bad a night sleeping tonight as I have been lately. Laying in the same position to sleep stirs up a lot of pain that wakes me up, hurts pretty bad, and prevents me from going back to sleep. My sleep schedule has been off lately and after I hit "post" here I am going to take a much needed nap.
1BB
1BB
  • Threads: 18
August 1st, 2012 at 3:32:21 PM permalink
If you haven't heard he term spinal stenosis you probably will soon.

Strategically placed pillows may bring you some relief while sleeping. James is the one to ask about that.
Many people, especially ignorant people, want to punish you for speaking the truth. - Mahatma Ghandi
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
August 1st, 2012 at 3:55:06 PM permalink
Quote: 1BB

If you haven't heard he term spinal stenosis you probably will soon.

Strategically placed pillows may bring you some relief while sleeping. James is the one to ask about that.

I sleep with pillows in the correct positions depending on which way I lay and I've been doing that for years already. Doesn't help with the pain though, it just aligns the spine.
Nareed
Nareed
August 1st, 2012 at 3:58:30 PM permalink

Alas, I had my appointment this morning with the orthopedic doctor. So here is what I found out...

I have degenerative arthritis in my spine. There was something else going on too, I don't remember specifically what he said about the other thing, but he did say I have a compressed nerve.

That's not good news. it's not terrible news, either, but not good.

That said, arthritis kind of covers several different ailments, or at least by different causes. I've not heard if there's any treatment beyond anti-inflamatory drugs. BTW be careful if you'll be on NSAIDs (non-steroid anti-inflamatory drugs) like aspirin and ibuprofen for a long time. They can cause blood clotting problems, by preventing clotting when you need it, and other less likely things. If you have a general practitioner, you should talk to him about it.

I hope you'll get better with physical therapy, or any other way. In the end that's what really matters.
Maverick17
Maverick17
  • Threads: 17
August 2nd, 2012 at 2:14:46 PM permalink
No offense to anyone here:

I just read some of the past posts regarding this topic for the first time, and still don't really understand the entire process and why it is going on, but I guess I don't have to either.

I don't desire to go through 130+ pages of posting, but can anyone say with certainity that HotBlonde was in fact her larger self at the start of this process, and this whole thing is not a scam?

If I weighed 200 pounds currently, but back in the day lost a ton of weight, and wanted to scam some internet people, couldn't I use pictures from years ago when I lost weight, and then show up to a weigh in at 200 pounds and yell "Yeah I did it"? When in fact I lost the weight years ago, so some look alike lost the weight years ago, and I just am looking to make some $$?

Maybe this has been addressed, and if so I would be interested in knowing how the vetting process was done.
Statistics don't lie, they deceive.
buzzpaff
buzzpaff
  • Threads: 112
August 2nd, 2012 at 2:27:13 PM permalink
You may have something there.

I have been suspicious of the on again / off again relationship between SOOPOO and Hot Blonde !
1BB
1BB
August 2nd, 2012 at 2:28:44 PM permalink
Quote: Maverick17

No offense to anyone here:

I just read some of the past posts regarding this topic for the first time, and still don't really understand the entire process and why it is going on, but I guess I don't have to either.

I don't desire to go through 130+ pages of posting, but can anyone say with certainity that HotBlonde was in fact her larger self at the start of this process, and this whole thing is not a scam?

If I weighed 200 pounds currently, but back in the day lost a ton of weight, and wanted to scam some internet people, couldn't I use pictures from years ago when I lost weight, and then show up to a weigh in at 200 pounds and yell "Yeah I did it"? When in fact I lost the weight years ago, so some look alike lost the weight years ago, and I just am looking to make some $$?

Maybe this has been addressed, and if so I would be interested in knowing how the vetting process was done.

I could post a picture of myself on a scale that just shows my feet and vary the readout by pushing up on a doorway or wearing a weighted vest etc. Just an observation, not a judgement or accusation.
Many people, especially ignorant people, want to punish you for speaking the truth. - Mahatma Ghandi
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1493
August 2nd, 2012 at 2:34:56 PM permalink
This has been said before, but I met HB perhaps three months before the challenge, and her starting weight seemed reasonable to me. A skeptic could still claim she started dieting immediately after that, but I choose to not live my life paranoid that everybody is trying to trick me.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
August 2nd, 2012 at 4:31:52 PM permalink
Quote: buzzpaff

You may have something there.

I have been suspicious of the on again / off again relationship between SOOPOO and Hot Blonde !

I did not know HB before this contest began, other than through our disagreement about weight loss on another thread. HB made the preposterous statement that she could lose 10 pounds a month, I looked at my schedule as to when I would be in Vegas, and together we concocted this challenge. I spoke to Mike who claimed that he believed HB was about 250 when he met her 3 months earlier, and I fully believe that HB was honest in her initial weight. I saw her for the first time a few months into the challenge when she was 225 or so, and thus I fully reaffirmed my belief that she was honest with her initial weight of 250.8. I think HB is still not talking to me, but I hope that changes before the weigh in. (I guess the statement about ten pounds per month wasn't preposterous!)

And Buzz, I do take offense to your comment. Are you really questioning HB's honesty or are you just trolling as usual?
buzzpaff
buzzpaff
August 2nd, 2012 at 5:56:32 PM permalink
SOOPOO You should know I was just firing for effect. I found the question of HB integrity to be ridiculous.

And you, SIR, have been a perfect gentleman throughout this entire thread.
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
August 4th, 2012 at 11:30:19 PM permalink
So tomorrow morning I am going to a wonderful and popular Sunday brunch with a girl friend of mine. Yes, I'm going to "cheat" on my diet but I haven't strayed off my diet at all since the 4th of July. I could use a little break for a day and eat some yummy carnitas tacos, drink some champagne and dance and rock out to their rock band. Should be fun!

But anyway, since I've been basically "living" in my gym clothes I had to go through my closet to see what fits so I will look cute tomorrow. I am proud to report that I now fit into old jeans of mine that are a size 13! At the beginning of this challenge I wore a size 24. Twenty four no more! And I still am happy about the way I look when I look in the mirror even though I'm still considered "overweight". I swear on my life if any of you saw me in person you would not think that I look overweight. I'm only a little bit curvy but am happy that I now have a defined waist. I am going to attempt to wear a pair of my high heels tomorrow with my outfit but not sure if I'll be brave enough. Booze + my dropped foot + high heels may = embarrassing fall. I practiced walking in them here in my apartment and it didn't seem so bad. If worse comes to worse I'll trip and fall and give some people a good laugh and I'll just laugh with them and get up and dust myself off. The thing is there are hundreds of people who come to this place for Sunday brunch (the majority of them bikers and classic rock loving people) so if I do fall there'll likely be many witnesses. Damn this dropped foot! I'm ready to be sexy again and I want to wear heels again!

Haha, but I'm excited about going out tomorrow as I don't go out at all as of lately. I'm hoping there are some cute guys there and that I get hit on!
WongBo
WongBo
  • Threads: 62
August 5th, 2012 at 12:13:34 AM permalink
please do not stray too far,
i know your confidence is high,
and that your progress has been,
and continues to be amazing.
i would just hate for some unforeseen circumstance
cause you to weigh in at 161 on 101712.
eyes on the prize, boo!
plenty of time to eat when
the money's in the BANK!
In a bet, there is a fool and a thief. - Proverb.
weaselman
weaselman
  • Threads: 20
August 5th, 2012 at 4:58:17 AM permalink
Quote: WongBo

eyes on the prize, boo!
the money's in the BANK!

At first I thought you were trying to parodize EvenBob.
But after the second post, I realized - it must have been a haiku!
"When two people always agree one of them is unnecessary"
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
August 5th, 2012 at 7:41:01 AM permalink
Quote: WongBo

eyes on the prize, boo!
the money's in the BANK!

I know what you're saying. Im only planning on eating a piece of fruit this morning and a half ounce of walnuts and that's about it until the buffet. I honestly don't think I'm going to go crazy with the food cuz I can guarantee my stomach is a lot smaller now and I just want to taste a whole bunch of stuff rather than stuff myself with them. That won't feel good! I want to feel sexy today, not bloated! And I can't drink much because of the medicines I'm on for my back. Plus I want to ask the waitress or bartender if they could recommend some low-calorie drinks. I love me some Fat Tire but I don't plan on drinking lots of the calorie-filled beer today. We'll see how it goes.
strictlyAP
strictlyAP
  • Threads: 116
August 5th, 2012 at 7:49:33 AM permalink
maverick thank you for that reply, I have been watching this posts for months and with all do respect to the wizard who runs an incredible site, I am just mind blown why anyone cares about this thread, and no a single new person has time in the next two years to read all the pages, I really cant wait till this thread is locked or deleted- I even heard a pit boss at the revel last night stating the same thing while reading the post on his iphone
The bet will not be paid- not now not ever
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
August 5th, 2012 at 12:38:53 PM permalink
Quote: strictlyAP

maverick thank you for that reply, I have been watching this posts for months and with all do respect to the wizard who runs an incredible site, I am just mind blown why anyone cares about this thread, and no a single new person has time in the next two years to read all the pages, I really cant wait till this thread is locked or deleted- I even heard a pit boss at the revel last night stating the same thing while reading the post on his iphone

"I have been watching this posts (sic) for months"
"I really can't wait till (sic) this thread is locked or deleted"

That mean Wizard making you read the posts.......

Sooooo.... a pit boss is using his iphone to read the HotBlonde challenge... and he is complaining about its existence? That was the only possible page in the entire internet his iphone was able to navigate to?

TOO FUNNY!!!!!
1BB
1BB
August 5th, 2012 at 1:46:53 PM permalink
Not my favorite thread either but I find myself reading every word. If there comes a time that I don't care to read it I know my options.

That pit boss should be worried about where he's going to work when they shutter Revel this winter.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
August 5th, 2012 at 3:27:23 PM permalink
Pretty much through the 1980s I was addicted to the soap opera The Young and the Restless. I was not proud of this fact at all, but I couldn't not watch. They ended every show on some kind of cliffhanger. While the show was an enormous waste of my time, I am the only one to blame for it. Likewise, if you don't like this thread -- DON'T READ IT!
buzzpaff
buzzpaff
August 5th, 2012 at 3:43:25 PM permalink
But my therapist says reading this thread has been beneficial to my mental health !
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
August 5th, 2012 at 3:51:32 PM permalink
Quote: Wizard

Pretty much through the 1980s I was addicted to the soap opera The Young and the Restless. I was not proud of this fact at all, but I couldn't not watch. They ended every show on some kind of cliffhanger. While the show was an enormous waste of my time, I am the only one to blame for it. Likewise, if you don't like this thread -- DON'T READ IT!

This reminds me of the guy who complains about the food and service at a particular restaurant. "The last eight times I have been there this year it has sucked!"
MakingBook
MakingBook
  • Threads: 24
August 5th, 2012 at 4:34:18 PM permalink
I've been reading since the start. I think it is fascinating reading about the blonde's weight problems, health problems, financial problems- her life is a train wreck! I can't look away.

And the best is yet to come. I can't wait for the part when the loser (or losers) don't pay.
"I am a man devoured by the passion for gambling." --Dostoevsky, 1871
kulin
kulin
  • Threads: 9
August 6th, 2012 at 1:52:12 AM permalink
I've read the last few pages just because it is 1:40 AM and it is easy to distract me. This whole thing is in some ways hilarious and in some ways shocking.

Most the people on this forum seem like level headed smart people but taking a bet like this is insane. The odds for this bet are not based on anything real and the person taking the bets is the person who can control the outcome. This is not betting on chance and no person should need your motivation for any self improvement so any chivalrous bets are at best misguided.

Also the extreme health problems and drama of the situation are questionable. A sick person is tearing herself apart for a bet. In any other light this would send off alarm bells for serious psychological problems such as anorexia.

Maybe some of you placing money have some sort of personal connection to HotBlonde and it's not quite as bizarre a scenario as it is portrayed. That's the only way any of this makes sense.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
August 6th, 2012 at 4:16:36 AM permalink
Quote: kulin

I've read the last few pages just because it is 1:40 AM and it is easy to distract me. This whole thing is in some ways hilarious and in some ways shocking.

Most the people on this forum seem like level headed smart people but taking a bet like this is insane. The odds for this bet are not based on anything real and the person taking the bets is the person who can control the outcome. This is not betting on chance and no person should need your motivation for any self improvement so any chivalrous bets are at best misguided.

Also the extreme health problems and drama of the situation are questionable. A sick person is tearing herself apart for a bet. In any other light this would send off alarm bells for serious psychological problems such as anorexia.

Maybe some of you placing money have some sort of personal connection to HotBlonde and it's not quite as bizarre a scenario as it is portrayed. That's the only way any of this makes sense.

Thanks for showing interest, kulin, and I'll address your points------
As far as the 'insane' part about taking this bet, my reasons were numerous for taking the bet, none of which you would deem insane. First of all, it was a favor to a friend. Secondly, I have seen many overweight people attempt to lose weight, and most fail; that is why I set the odds as high as I did. I felt that both sides had a fair bet, many thought that the odds were too LOW!
As far as the chivalrous aspect being misguided, it seems like you were correct, but you'll have to read the whole thread to understand that!
I disagree about you saying that she is 'tearing herself apart' for the bet. If anything she has adapted a healthier lifestyle, eating better, exercising, etc.
I am a doctor, by the way. I can't tell you enough how devastating obesity is to the individual, and society as a whole. Helping a friend go from an obese woman to, as she now calls herself, a SuperHotBlonde, has been worth the ups and down.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
August 6th, 2012 at 6:16:43 AM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

I can't tell you enough how devastating obesity is to the individual, and society as a whole.

I had dinner with another doctor last week. He said the best single thing one can do to increase life expectancy is maintain a low body weight.
Mosca
Mosca
  • Threads: 191
August 6th, 2012 at 7:36:27 AM permalink

Nikki, Victor, Jack, etc. Wasn't Danny on it then, too? The rocker guy?

My wife could recite the narrative as if it were oral legend.
A falling knife has no handle.
weaselman
weaselman
August 6th, 2012 at 7:49:32 AM permalink

He said the best single thing one can do to increase life expectancy is maintain a low body weight.

Really? How about quitting smoking, stopping compulsive drinking or quitting your job as a lumberjack or a drug dealer?
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
August 6th, 2012 at 8:10:07 AM permalink
Quote: Mosca

Nikki, Victor, Jack, etc. Wasn't Danny on it then, too? The rocker guy?.

That was Danny Romaloti (and I didn't need to look that up). The actor's name was Michael Damien, as I recall. He was trying to use the YR as a springboard for wider fame, but he never got much further. I think Nikki, Victor, and Jack are all still major characters on the show. I'd be interested to know the total number of marriages between the three of them. I put the line at 14.5.
Mosca
Mosca
  • Threads: 191
August 6th, 2012 at 8:36:18 AM permalink

That was Danny Romaloti (and I didn't need to look that up). The actor's name was Michael Damien, as I recall. He was trying to use the YR as a springboard for wider fame, but he never got much further. I think Nikki, Victor, and Jack are all still major characters on the show. I'd be interested to know the total number of marriages between the three of them. I put the line at 14.5.

There are always 4 or 5 episodes queued up on our DVR. Victor and Jack just got married, again. Nikki is still around, of course. Phyllis is in there somewhere. We picked up our daughter at the airport yesterday, she'd been out of the country for the past 6 months. After we got settled in and were on the road, the first thing she asked was for her mom to catch her up on Y&R. So I got to hear the latest, in-one-ear-and-out-the-other while I listened to the Pirates kick the crap out of the Reds on the XM.
A falling knife has no handle.
slyther
slyther
  • Threads: 13
August 6th, 2012 at 10:32:25 AM permalink

The actor's name was Michael Damien, as I recall. He was trying to use the YR as a springboard for wider fame, but he never got much further.

Rock on Wizard!
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
August 6th, 2012 at 1:01:39 PM permalink
Quote: weaselman

Really? How about quitting smoking, stopping compulsive drinking or quitting your job as a lumberjack or a drug dealer?

Do you ever see an obese 80 year old? I see lots of 80 year old smokers. And drinkers.
weaselman
weaselman
August 6th, 2012 at 1:19:37 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

Do you ever see an obese 80 year old? I see lots of 80 year old smokers. And drinkers.

Sure I do. Really.
Almost every 80+ year old I know (or knew in the past) is at least overweight ... unles they had their stomach removed due to cancer or something like that. But I'll agree that a lot of them also smoke and drink.

I think, in general, there is some kind of internal "trait" of longevity. If you got it, you can also sustain lots of self-destructive stuff that kills others at young age.

It could be more correct to compare numbers of people dying young from obesity to that from smoking (or drinking) rather than look at the cases of extra-ordinary longevity for that reason.
buzzpaff
buzzpaff
August 6th, 2012 at 1:33:45 PM permalink
There are more old drunks than old doctors !
kulin
kulin
August 6th, 2012 at 1:36:49 PM permalink
I don't think you will find many doctors who will agree she is on a healthy plan if they had the full picture. Eating 1000 calories a day with large amounts of physical exertion and occasional fasting for multiple days combined with continuous consumption of pain killers doesn't sound like something a doctor would put under the category of eating healthy with an active life style to reduce weight.
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
August 6th, 2012 at 1:41:00 PM permalink

...if you don't like this thread -- DON'T READ IT!

Right?

Quote: MakingBook

her life is a train wreck!

That is a bit much. My life is not a train wreck. The things that have come up in my life this year has made my weight loss challenge more interesting but to say that my life is a train wreck is going too far. And weren't you the one who thought that the odds should've been set at 50:1 originally? I find that pretty laughable.

Quote: MakingBook

And the best is yet to come. I can't wait for the part when the loser (or losers) don't pay.

I am confident that every one is going to pay other than 2 people on the list that I'm not so sure of since they haven't responded to any of my PM's. Too early to tell yet, I have to trust that everyone is going to keep their word and I do trust that.

People are betting on the outcome of the challenge. Bets don't have to be on chance alone, look at sports betting. And I don't understand what you mean when you say "any chivalrous bets are at best misguided". I know that you're saying that there are those who are betting against me to be nice and offer me and incentive but maybe I don't understand what misguided means or what you mean when you say that.

To say I am tearing myself apart is going too far as well. I would guarantee that I eat healthier and get more of my daily nutritional requirements than any single other person in this forum. That I would put money on. And I'm not "dying" to win this bet. I have not purged any food, nor exercised to an extreme, and I've eaten just fine all but 2 days during this entire challenge. You could say that I was tearing myself up in order to look hot and sexy as I did yesterday at my Sunday brunch. I tore up the dance floor and just felt sexy and amazing! I managed to wear my heels with no problem, but unfortunately the "tearing myself up" now shows on my feet from wearing my 5 1/2 inch heels! I'm limping today and my foot is literally torn up but I have to say that it was worth it to feel as great as I did yesterday!

Nasty!

Quote: slyther

Rock on Wizard!

I just watched this. Flipping hilarious! I never saw the movie that this video I guess is based on but it's funny to watch.

Sorry buzz, but this makes no sense.
buzzpaff
buzzpaff
August 6th, 2012 at 1:41:48 PM permalink
Anyway the weight comes off benefits them internal organs handling the overload. the trick is to keep the weight off.
Nareed
Nareed
August 6th, 2012 at 1:49:54 PM permalink

I tore up the dance floor and just felt sexy and amazing! I managed to wear my heels with no problem, but unfortunately the "tearing myself up" now shows on my feet from wearing my 5 1/2 inch heels! I'm limping today and my foot is literally torn up but I have to say that it was worth it to feel as great as I did yesterday!

Get to the nearest Walgreens and buy a supply of Dr. Scholl's rub guard strips. I forget the exact name of the product, but get it. I've a similar problem on the back of my ankles when I go without hosiery or even with stockings. These things prevent rubbing and chafing better than anything else I've tried.

And I agree: small price to pay for that kind of feeling :)
buzzpaff
buzzpaff
August 6th, 2012 at 1:53:31 PM permalink
5 1/2 inch heels. Do they come with an oxygen canister ?
buzzpaff
buzzpaff
August 6th, 2012 at 1:55:25 PM permalink

Sorry buzz, but this makes no sense.

Why do my posts have to make sense ? I should not be held to a higher standard than EvenBob !
kulin
kulin
August 6th, 2012 at 1:58:15 PM permalink

People are betting on the outcome of the challenge. Bets don't have to be on chance alone, look at sports betting. And I don't understand what you mean when you say "any chivalrous bets are at best misguided". I know that you're saying that there are those who are betting against me to be nice and offer me and incentive but maybe I don't understand what misguided means or what you mean when you say that.

This is less like sports betting and more like "Pick a Number" from "Vegas Vacation". There is only one person in charge of the outcome and it is the person with the most favorable odds. This is much more monetary motivation than a bet.

The chivalrous comment was in relation to that quality of this bet and the people placing it. I assume many of these people don't know you very well and are just trying to do a nice thing for someone. Any personality or intellectual self improvement should come from within to be lasting and significant in my opinion. If people wanted to help a stranger financially there are a lot better ways to do it.

Furthermore all these people who think they are doing a good thing could be doing a bad thing. If the people who placed these bets really wanted to be the gentlemen they think they are, the bet should be ended today and you can collect the winnings, not because you won the bet but because I don't imagine anyone wants to provide the opportunity for anyone to complain about baking out of a wager. You should then continue working towards your goal in a healthier way without some external force pressuring you to make potentially dangerous decisions.

This is all my opinion. I am just an outsider so maybe I have this thing all wrong, but in these situations, when people become entrenched in the environment (such as 8 months of involvement) an outside perspective can at least force you to re-examine the situation. I just think everyone should stop and think. If you all think this is a situation within the bounds of normalcy then continuing is fine.

*edit* Replaced "deserve" with "won the bet". I feel the latter more correctly captures what I meant to say but is less inflammatory.
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
August 6th, 2012 at 2:43:17 PM permalink

If the people who placed these bets really wanted to be the gentlemen they think they are, the bet should be ended today and you can collect the winnings, not because you won the bet but because I don't imagine anyone wants to provide the opportunity for anyone to complain about baking out of a wager. You should then continue working towards your goal in a healthier way without some external force pressuring you to make potentially dangerous decisions.

Well, although there are those betting against me as an incentive, people are still betting their money. Anyone could have offered me money as a reward outside of it being in a betting situation, and a few people have done this, but those actually betting against me are interested in their money being offered as a bet rather than just giving away free money "just to be nice".

To end this bet today makes no sense. And to say that I should continue working towards my goal in a healthier way makes no sense either. I am dieting and exercising in completely healthy ways, I don't know what it is that people aren't getting about this. Maybe you or those who think I am not being healthy are assuming and have not read through this entire thread. But I am doing everything as healthily as I can, I don't even think I could get any more heathy. I eat an average of 1,032 calories a day, which is NOT low. My nutritionist told me not to go below 1,000 and I don't eat below that. The Biggest Loser diet book has people go down to 1050 calories per day. So I'm not eating too few calories. I take multivitamins every single day, not to mention 1 baby aspirin and chromium picolinate. I drink a cup of coffee a day for the anti-oxidants. I add cinnamon, turmeric and cayenne peppers to my food for the health benefits of them. My diet is low in sodium, cholesterol, saturated fats and sugar. I eat 73 grams of protein a day, where it is recommended I eat at least 70 when dieting. The Biggest Loser diet book says to eat 45% carbs, 30% protein and 25% fat. My diet is made up of 45% carbs, 29% protein and 26% fat. You can't get any closer than that! Between my multi-vitamin and my diet I get enough Vitamin D, pantothenic acid, magnesium, calcium and omega-3's. I eat plenty of fruits and vegetables. All the other food I eat is very healthy and I make all my meals from scatch, I don't buy any pre-packaged meals. I don't take any weight loss drugs or make myself throw up or starve myself.

As far as my gym time is concerned when I was doing high-intensity cardio I wouldn't go longer than 45 minutes as recommended. I warm up and cool down before and after each cardio session, and I stretch after every single session as well. When I was doing my high-intensity interval training I was doing it exactly as it was recommended, only doing it 3 days a week with a break day in between each session. When I did my weight training I did them all slowly and with attention and proper posture. I made sure to give my muscles a day of rest in between each weight training session for recovery. My physical therapist now recommended because of my back situation that I do only low- to moderate-intensity cardio and I've been following his instructions exactly.

So, I've been scratching my head wondering how any of you can think that what I am doing is unhealthy or potentially unhealthy. Again, unless you haven't read through this thread, you would know that I am doing things exactly by the book, so to speak. I give myself an A+ for everything that I've been doing. I don't eat junk or high-sodium foods or smoke cigarettes or skip on sleep or do drugs. I brush and floss my teeth every single day. And the anti-imflammatory and narcotic I was prescribed for my back I have been taking exactly as they are prescribed and only take them if I need to.

I challenge anyone to prove to me that they are living a more healthier lifestyle than I am. And not only that, I am asking each one of you who has said that you think I am living an unhealthy lifestyle to pinpoint exactly what it is that would prove this idea. Cuz I'm curious how in the world you could think this.

I await your responses.
rdw4potus
rdw4potus
  • Threads: 80
August 6th, 2012 at 4:28:05 PM permalink

Nasty!

Wow. Thank you for helping me with my own diet there. So much for catching up on this thread during dinner:-)
"So as the clock ticked and the day passed, opportunity met preparation, and luck happened." - Maurice Clarett
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
August 6th, 2012 at 6:52:51 PM permalink
P.S. 30 weeks down now, only 10 left to go.
Mission146
Mission146
  • Threads: 142
August 6th, 2012 at 7:54:10 PM permalink

P.S. 30 weeks down now, only 10 left to go.

It was my idea to stop posting the weigh-in every week.

If you PM it to me, I promise not to tell anyone.
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/gripes/11182-pet-peeves/120/#post815219
Headlock
Headlock
  • Threads: 22
August 6th, 2012 at 8:21:27 PM permalink
David Essex wrote and performed Rock On in 1974. It was so cool and unlike any other music at that time. I put this one in my Top 100 Rock songs of all time
kracker21
kracker21
  • Threads: 1
August 6th, 2012 at 8:42:34 PM permalink
On Aug 1st HotBlond was at the doctor and complaining about running out of vicodin and on Aug 5 she is out dancing in 5 1/2 inch heels. That is a miraculous recovery.
Nareed
Nareed
August 6th, 2012 at 8:53:29 PM permalink
Quote: Nareed

Get to the nearest Walgreens and buy a supply of Dr. Scholl's rub guard strips.

Here, I found the link: http://www.drscholls.com/drscholls/products/ForHerRubRelieftradeStrips.jspa#tab-link2

Hope it helps.
  • Jump to: