Thread Rating:

Mission146
Mission146
  • Threads: 142
August 6th, 2012 at 8:54:56 PM permalink
I'm guessing she got something, nothing miraculous in that.

I had a really bad pulled muscle in my shoulder once, the pain was excruciating. I couldn't sleep, and I was only comfortable if I was standing up with my arms extended over my head. In any event, I didn't want to go to the ER just for that, so I passed out on some Nyquil...which I would almost never even take for the intended purpose...and went to the doctor the next day.

I got an X-Ray, everything fine, so he gave me a shot of some kind of muscle relaxer, and then prescibed me some pain pills (Maybe Vics?) a muscle relaxer, and some 1,000 mg Ibuprofen, I think was the dosage. I went to the phramacy and told them not to fill the pain pills, bought 200mg OTC Ibuprofen and just took five of them (cheaper than even the co-pay!) and just had the muscle relaxer filled.

Never needed the Ibuprofen, the difference with the muscle relaxer was amazing by itself. It reduced it to a dull throb. I helped my sister move two days later and I wouldn't have even thought about picking ANYTHING up prior to going to the Doctor.
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/gripes/11182-pet-peeves/120/#post815219
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 122
August 7th, 2012 at 4:04:33 AM permalink
Quote: buzzpaff

There are more old drunks than old doctors !

Sorry buzz, but this makes no sense.

Why do my posts have to make sense ? I should not be held to a higher standard than EvenBob !

My favorite buzzpaff post of all time!

Anyway, of course there are more old drunks than old doctors, not even close! That's because there are more young drunks than young doctors.....
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
August 7th, 2012 at 4:14:08 AM permalink
Quote: kracker21

On Aug 1st HotBlond was at the doctor and complaining about running out of vicodin and on Aug 5 she is out dancing in 5 1/2 inch heels. That is a miraculous recovery.

Don't confuse pain with disability. If you want something enough you can overcome pain. People in chronic pain can do many things to make themselves feel better. HB chose to wear high heels, even though by the looks of her foot it must have been more painful than her regular pain problem!
weaselman
weaselman
  • Threads: 20
August 7th, 2012 at 5:31:47 AM permalink
Quote: kracker21

On Aug 1st HotBlond was at the doctor and complaining about running out of vicodin and on Aug 5 she is out dancing in 5 1/2 inch heels. That is a miraculous recovery.

Indeed!

Quote: SOOPOO

If you want something enough you can overcome pain.

Even the kind of pain that warrants ER visits and regular narcotics intake? Really? Are you saying it as a doctor or as a friend?
"When two people always agree one of them is unnecessary"
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
  • Threads: 117
August 7th, 2012 at 6:15:43 AM permalink
Quote: weaselman

Even the kind of pain that warrants ER visits and regular narcotics intake? Really? Are you saying it as a doctor or as a friend?

Seriously? Are we having this discussion again? When my pain sets in for up to 5 weeks at a time it's not severe pain that needs ER attention every single day. If that were the case then I'd be hospitalized. My pain gets severe enough, luckily, only a few times during each of my month-long episodes. I'm being nice here in my response but I'm having to hold back what I really want to say because I don't want to get suspended for insults. Let's just say I don't like you very much.
OFFICIALLY and justifiably reclaimed my title as SuperHotBlonde!
weaselman
weaselman
August 7th, 2012 at 7:18:45 AM permalink
Quote: HotBlonde

Seriously? Are we having this discussion again?

We are? I thought, I was replying to SOOPOO ...

Quote:

Let's just say I don't like you very much.

Of course, you don't. I even know why ;)
It would be very uncharacteristic of you if you did.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
August 7th, 2012 at 6:40:20 PM permalink
Quote: weaselman

Indeed!

Just as a guy who sometimes is limping as soon as I'm done playing basketball, but was running up and down the court moments before. I'm saying if you want something enough you can overcome pain, that's all.
rainman
rainman
  • Threads: 18
August 7th, 2012 at 8:21:19 PM permalink

Just as a guy who sometimes is limping as soon as I'm done playing basketball, but was running up and down the court moments before. I'm saying if you want something enough you can overcome pain, that's all.

Alot of truth in your words. I'm in a basketball league, softball league, and I golf every chance I get. I played all last year with a pulled hamstring it wouldn't heal because I wouldn't stop playing just kept re pulling it. I didn't care that it hurt and I limped. I was still playing.
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
August 9th, 2012 at 9:48:01 AM permalink
Less than 10 weeks left to go!
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
August 9th, 2012 at 10:05:52 AM permalink

Less than 10 weeks left to go!

We all have calendars. What we need is an update!
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
August 9th, 2012 at 10:33:26 AM permalink

We all have calendars. What we need is an update!

I'm still losing each week.
Mission146
Mission146
August 9th, 2012 at 8:51:26 PM permalink

Are you really not going to PM me the weigh-in? It was my idea to stop posting! I swear myself to secrecy.
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/gripes/11182-pet-peeves/120/#post815219
MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 364
August 9th, 2012 at 8:54:24 PM permalink

Pics?
"What, me worry?"
WongBo
WongBo
  • Threads: 62
August 9th, 2012 at 11:02:17 PM permalink
seems some people prefer to sweat to the oldies
and some prefer to just SWEAT THE MONEY!
In a bet, there is a fool and a thief. - Proverb.
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
August 10th, 2012 at 4:05:05 PM permalink
Quote: Mission146

Are you really not going to PM me the weigh-in? It was my idea to stop posting! I swear myself to secrecy.

Have you ever heard the saying, "TRUST NO ONE!"
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
August 10th, 2012 at 4:05:08 PM permalink
Quote: MrV

Pics?

Oh, you want pictures? Ok...
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
August 10th, 2012 at 4:05:10 PM permalink
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
August 10th, 2012 at 4:05:13 PM permalink
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
August 10th, 2012 at 4:05:17 PM permalink
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
August 10th, 2012 at 4:05:19 PM permalink
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
August 10th, 2012 at 4:05:21 PM permalink
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
August 10th, 2012 at 4:05:23 PM permalink
Those of you who will see me at my final weigh-in will be FLOORED by my AMAZING transformation!!
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
August 13th, 2012 at 8:15:21 PM permalink
So, if you remember, I had said that I wasn't going to post any more current and updated pics nor weekly weight updates for this last bit of the challenge, but DID say that I might post little hints here and there. So I have something to share with you that kinda blew my mind today:

I have a guy who's come by to work on my computer a couple times to fix its overheating problem. I had told him how I've lost
xx.x pounds so far this year and asked if he wanted to see some of my before pics. I showed him a handful of my heaviest pics, including the ones I just posted here the other day. His response to each one was, "Wow!! No way! ", not believing how big I got.

Now here's the kicker: I then decided to show him some of my "way before" pictures, ones from 10 years ago or so, before I had a weight problem, just to give him an idea of the direction I'm now headed. I showed him a handful of my "previously skinny" pics (such as the ones below) and when looking at them, he said, "But that's how you look now!" Wow, that blew my mind! Do I really look like I used to? Already? I look now how I did way back in the day when people called me "stunning" and "hot" and "sexy"? Wow. I knew I've been feeling good about how I look lately but that was the coolest thing to hear! According to him, I now look how I used to. Wow!

And the cool thing is I still have over 9 more weeks to look even MORE better than I did in these pics (and this includes any of the other skinnier pics I've posted on this forum)! And according to my calculations still, on October 17th I should weigh LESS than I did in my previously "skinny" life. Woot! Woot!

Here's to commitment, hard work and 1000 calories per day!!!!!!!!!! Hell yeah! I kick ass!!!!
buzzpaff
buzzpaff
  • Threads: 112
August 13th, 2012 at 8:18:19 PM permalink
I think you are BEAUTIFUL in all the pix.

I also think for $1,340 SOOPOO should get to see the new you step on the scale.

I know, I know. Just that I believe you are as beautiful inside as outside !
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
August 13th, 2012 at 8:20:52 PM permalink

$1350. Plus a dinner if she still wants it.
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
August 13th, 2012 at 8:21:47 PM permalink

And I think SOOPOO should've thought about that before he acted like an a**. Oh, well. That's what you get for behaving badly. There are consequences to all of our actions. SOOPOO knows to give my winnings to the Wizard to give to me.
buzzpaff
buzzpaff
August 13th, 2012 at 8:26:55 PM permalink
Dinner is her choice, of course. But i think the weigh in should be mandatory.

Even at my worst hustling days, I never welched on a bet. NEVER.

Occasionally got trapped into playing my last game of $25 9 Ball with only $10 in my pocket, but always
showed up later with the $15 and some vigorish.

But to be honest, if I did not get to see HB step on the scale ( no hug or even a hardy handclasp, just see HB
step on the scale ) I would not pay. A bet is a bet, but I have the right to see the finish of the race. Not take anybody's word for it.
My bet, my money, I get too see the winner cross the wire. No more and sure as hell, NO LESS !
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
August 13th, 2012 at 8:32:04 PM permalink

But to be honest, if I did not get to see HB step on the scale ( no hug or even a hardy handclasp, just see HB
step on the scale ) I would not pay.

Wow, you'd be that big of a low-life to not pay? You'd be betting on me having lost 90+ pounds, having to be an eye-witness at the final event has nothing to do with that. That would be pretty low-life of you to try and justify not paying, and you could not rationalize your decision to not pay. As you said, a bet is a bet.
buzzpaff
buzzpaff
August 13th, 2012 at 8:44:57 PM permalink
Hey, I am just saying what I would do. Lucky for you, SOOPOO is a gentleman and will pay. I would not.
Nothing personal. just my rules of life.
I consider the weigh in to be part of the bet. So do most others on this forum, but I doubt they will admit it.
Beautiful women have this influence on men.

Example :Guy says something stupid, his buddy say You are a F****** Idiot if you believe that.

Beautiful woman says something equally stupid, guy says " Well, I can see your point in a way "

Amazed you have made it this far in life and still have most thing right.

But I think you are wrong on this one.

Not a question of justification at all. just stated my opinion. Sorry, but it's the only one I have got.

Respect you enough to say what I think.
Mission146
Mission146
August 13th, 2012 at 8:53:07 PM permalink

Wow, you'd be that big of a low-life to not pay? You'd be betting on me having lost 90+ pounds, having to be an eye-witness at the final event has nothing to do with that. That would be pretty low-life of you to try and justify not paying, and you could not rationalize your decision to not pay. As you said, a bet is a bet.

Respectful apologies, but I agree with BuzzPaff, and I consider myself a gentleman.

If I put money down on a race way ahead of time, and this is essentially a race, and I show up at the track (assuming I am not inebriated or otherwise incapacitated) and the Manager says I can't come in for this or that reason...fine, give me my bet back. I'd say, "You'll let me watch the race, or I'm calling my bet off. When I made the bet, I paid to watch the race." IMO, SooPoo has already paid to see the finish of this bet, now if you don't want him to go to dinner or the after-party, that's something else entirely, but he's paying (and I believe possibly the most) to see this weigh-in.
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
August 13th, 2012 at 8:55:34 PM permalink

Lucky for you, SOOPOO is a gentleman and will pay. I would not.
Nothing personal. just my rules of life.

Wow, admitting on a gambling forum that you wouldn't pay a bet that you would lose. The good thing is at least we all know now not to make a bet with you since you seem to create your own terms. The bad thing is is that people will see just how despicable you are.
buzzpaff
buzzpaff
August 13th, 2012 at 9:00:43 PM permalink
Have fun as a Super Hot Blonde. I will continue to be who I am. Well, until I am banned. LOL
rdw4potus
rdw4potus
  • Threads: 80
August 13th, 2012 at 9:04:58 PM permalink

people will see just how despicable you are.

Do you honestly think that's more despicable than barring a party to the bet from witnessing it's culmination? I've got to say, your opinion on this matter is in the minority and it's kind of disappointing to see.
"So as the clock ticked and the day passed, opportunity met preparation, and luck happened." - Maurice Clarett
Nareed
Nareed
  • Threads: 373
August 13th, 2012 at 9:07:27 PM permalink
Quote: rdw4potus

I've got to say, your opinion on this matter is in the minority and it's kind of disappointing to see.

You should stop to consider her opinion on this matter is informed by facts and events you're not party to. If HotBlonde chooses not to air dirty laundry in public, so to speak, all the better for her and for all of us.
Donald Trump is a fucking criminal
buzzpaff
buzzpaff
August 13th, 2012 at 9:10:49 PM permalink
" Dirty Laundry " I think he has a right to see the weigh in. Are you implying SOOPOO has done something worthy of a restraining order ? Get real !
rdw4potus
rdw4potus
  • Threads: 80
August 13th, 2012 at 9:13:05 PM permalink
Quote: Nareed

You should stop to consider her opinion on this matter is informed by facts and events you're not party to. If HotBlonde chooses not to air dirty laundry in public, so to speak, all the better for her and for all of us.

I did, and I understand that things aren't particularly pleasant for HB & Scott right now. But i do agree with Buzz. The bet is a contract. Saying "you don't get to watch the weigh-in, but I'll still take your money" is pretty crass.
"So as the clock ticked and the day passed, opportunity met preparation, and luck happened." - Maurice Clarett
rudeboyoi
rudeboyoi
  • Threads: 27
August 13th, 2012 at 9:49:03 PM permalink
not sure nor do i care what all the hostility is about. but if you make a wager, you should be able to see the outcome of that wager firsthand and not have to hear about it secondhand.
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
August 13th, 2012 at 10:04:28 PM permalink
Well I look forward to having the Wizard weigh in on this. I'm sure he's part of my "minority" and sees that SOOPOO does not in fact need to be present at my October 17th weigh-in. My actual final weigh-in will be that morning in my bathroom here in L.A., as it has been every single week for the 40+ weeks I will have partaken in this challenge. My Vegas weigh-in is, as stated many times before, an 'honorary' weigh-in and will occur as part of my celebration gathering. SOOPOO is not welcome at this event.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1494
August 13th, 2012 at 10:14:52 PM permalink
I think it is a moot issue, as SOOPOO has agreed to take my word for the outcome of the weigh in. However, hypothetically speaking, I think if someone needed to see the scale with his own eyes, then he should be afforded that right. A bet is a bet, but I also think that a bet should have proper closure.

I don't think we need to belabor this anway because:

1. SOOPOO isn't invoking a demand to be present.
2. I'd lay 6 to 5 they will make up be the weigh in anyway.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 212
August 13th, 2012 at 10:49:58 PM permalink
Well, there's phone cameras for live action. Or something similar.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
August 13th, 2012 at 10:53:16 PM permalink

Wow, admitting on a gambling forum that you wouldn't pay a bet that you would lose. The good thing is at least we all know now not to make a bet with you since you seem to create your own terms. The bad thing is is that people will see just how despicable you are.

I am re-editing my comment here to say that I think that buzzpaff's DECISION to not pay if he were in that circumstance would be despicable, not that I think he himself were despicable. Buzz has actually been quite nice to me here on the forum. I just utterly disagree with him on this and think it would be a poor action for him to take.

Quote: Wizard

I've always wanted to be a millionaire! I'll bet every cent I have that I will not change my mind and that SOOPOO will NOT be re-invited to my event. Sorry, but the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again expecting a different result. I've given SOOPOO numerous chances during our friendship this year, forgiving him time and time again. If I continue to let him be how he is with me even once more I am therefore disrespecting MYSELF and I won't stand to let someone treat me the way he has any more. Nope, all done. I choose to surround myself with kind people who don't try to push my buttons, or yell and curse at me, or say disrespectful or insulting things to me. If I allow people like that to be a part of my life then that is SELF-abuse. I've put my foot down and won't allow this any more, I respect myself too much.
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
August 13th, 2012 at 10:57:31 PM permalink
Quote: rxwine

Well, there's phone cameras for live action. Or something similar.

I'm totally ok with any of the attendees taking pictures and even recording the event to share online. This I'm okay with. Who I surround myself with at the event is a different story.

I will not have lost 150-200 pounds like many people on television at their final weigh-ins, but this event will be a big highlight in my life, one I'll remember till my last day on earth. I plan on this being a joyous occasion and a time to celebrate my hard work. I want to have fond memories of this coming day.
Mission146
Mission146
August 13th, 2012 at 11:11:35 PM permalink

Let me clarify something first, then I might think about $20 to get $24: Let's say that they make up, but have ANOTHER falling out and do not make up from that one prior to the weigh-in, would I still win the bet?
rudeboyoi
rudeboyoi
  • Threads: 27
August 14th, 2012 at 1:45:36 AM permalink
love eachother. hate eachother. it doesnt matter. what matters is you realizing that he has the right to be there as part of making the wager. its akin to someone flipping a coin in another room with you betting on whether it comes up heads or tails. you want to be present in the room with the coin to witness that everything is on the up and up. whether he wants to respect your request that you do not want him present there and depend on verification from others is up to him since he has the right of being there.
Switch
Switch
  • Threads: 12
August 14th, 2012 at 3:49:32 AM permalink
Count me in the majority ... I agree with Buzz, regardless of the history ... particularly as SOOPOO was the one who initiated and organized the wagers on this forum.
weaselman
weaselman
August 14th, 2012 at 4:58:01 AM permalink
Weigh-in is a part of the bet. Denying a party to the bet the right to be present is essentially forfeiting. If SOOPOO still wants to pay, it's his business, but it is in no way his obligation. In fact, I think, HB should be considered having lost her bet to anyone she denies the right to be present at weigh in. Not cancelled, but lost, for obvious reasons.
Again, SOOPOO may say, that he wants to pay anyway even though he won, it's his money and his decision, but it does not change who the real winner is. Winning a bet is one thing, getting charity money is quite another. You don't get to call somebody "despicable" for refusing to contribute to your cause, however charitable you might feel it is.

I've always wanted to be a millionaire! I'll bet every cent I have that I will not change my mind .

Can I get such a deal too? I'd love to bet all my money at, pretty much any odds, that I will not do something ... or, better yet, that I will continue thinking what I am thinking now!
Woldus
Woldus
  • Threads: 14
August 14th, 2012 at 5:29:07 AM permalink

I am re-editing my comment here to say that I think that buzzpaff's DECISION to not pay if he were in that circumstance would be despicable, not that I think he himself were despicable. Buzz has actually been quite nice to me here on the forum. I just utterly disagree with him on this and think it would be a poor action for him to take.

I'm holding onto this one so that I get a two hour window to retract any ugly comment I care to make.

Buzz has been overwhelmingly kind to HB throughout this whole thread. As soon as he articulates something (that most of the other posters seem to agree with) that she doesn't agree with the heavy artillery starts firing. Redacted or not the intent was crystal clear when she wrote it. What if he was following the thread and sat around for two hours thinking that's what she thought? No apology accompanied the edit. Let's apply the rules evenly - three day suspension.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
August 14th, 2012 at 5:52:17 AM permalink
Whoa!!! The bet is clear. The terms are clear. HB must have EITHER me or the Wiz verify the weigh in, not both of us. Even before the acrimony between HB and myself, it was possible that I wouldn't be present for the weigh in. I am not arriving until late afternoon on the weigh in day, and HB had asked to weigh in first thing, and have a ceremonial weigh in/celebration later as a possibility. By the way, forum, thanks for the support, but the bet is separate from any and all other back and forth that might go on. I could not live with MYSELF, if HB accomplished this monumental feat, and I did not pay her. However, no where in our rules was there any mention of me funneling the money through a third party. I will be handing the money to HB myself, as well as the money from golfbuddy. That is the only way I can be sure of the bets rightful completion. If HB loses, and wants to give Mike my money, that will be her choice.
Nareed
Nareed
  • Threads: 373
August 14th, 2012 at 6:51:17 AM permalink

Let's calrify this. Do you mean:

1) They'll make up around the time of the weigh-in or
2) Soopoo will be at the weigh in because they've made up

If 1) put me down for $100.

But I will allow you to reconsider the offer, as I think you're making a bad bet, a very bad bet indeed.
Donald Trump is a fucking criminal
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1494
August 14th, 2012 at 7:55:52 AM permalink
Quote: Nareed

But I will allow you to reconsider the offer, as I think you're making a bad bet, a very bad bet indeed.

Thanks. Given HB's comments since I wrote that, my window has closed on that bet.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
  • Jump to: