Thread Rating:

weaselman
weaselman
  • Threads: 20
August 15th, 2012 at 11:28:56 AM permalink
Quote: Wizard

With all due credit to your poetry skills, I can't let this one go without a ban over verses 2 and 3. Three-day suspension.

Just wondering if you were planning to respond to this post from Woldus?
"When two people always agree one of them is unnecessary"
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1493
August 15th, 2012 at 11:49:11 AM permalink
Quote: Woldus

I was actually talking about Nareed's post. She said SOOPOO was being a bully and "beating up on a woman". That's a pretty heavy hammer to swing on someone in our overly sensitive cultural. If that label were applied to me I would be livid.

Okay, I was asked to respond to why I didn't ban HB over this. Personally, I subscribe to a double standard that says you treat women more gently than you treat men. If a woman were to say she is unconfortable with me around, I would respect that and stay away from her. After saying that to me, I wouldn't want to be around her anyway. SOOPOO, initially, did not resond the same way, and threatened to not pay the bet if he couldn't pay her in person. HB found that threatening. Since women are the weaker sex (physically) I think it is her right to feel that way. Perhaps her wording was rather strong, but if a man doesn't respect a woman's "no" then that is cause for trouble. That is how I saw it and why I didn't issue a ban.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
weaselman
weaselman
August 15th, 2012 at 11:52:59 AM permalink
Fair enough. So, the women are weaker physically and therefore should be allowed to abuse others verbally and mentally to compensate for their weakness ... Does that properly describe your position?

(The original question was about Nareed BTW, not HB).
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
August 15th, 2012 at 12:04:11 PM permalink
Quote: weaselman

Fair enough. So, the women are weaker physically and therefore should be allowed to abuse others verbally and mentally to compensate for their weakness ... Does that properly describe your position?

No. I would not make that generalization.

I think most married men on the forum know that men and women try to resolve problems in different ways.
RonC
RonC
  • Threads: 40
August 15th, 2012 at 12:05:25 PM permalink
With all that has been said here, I find it interesting that a suspension was handed out over a verse...

--HB proclaimed herself "hot"

Opening herself up to the judgment of others.

--some saw pictures and thought she was "not"

People made their own judgement (and I am not giving an opinion on the issue)

--an opinion was given stating one thing would happen and doubting that another would happen

--The invited and uninvited were mentioned

I know the Wizard draws all the lines, but there is a lot going on in this thread that hasn't drawn suspensions...

Opinion--I'd hate to be the Wizard when it comes to this kind of stuff!!
FinsRule
FinsRule
  • Threads: 128
August 15th, 2012 at 12:11:01 PM permalink
I agree with Woldus. I had much more of a problem with what Nareed said than HB. Nareed is a 3rd party and is calling names without knowing all the details. HB is involved in the "incident" so I think she has a little more room to make judgements.
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
August 15th, 2012 at 12:11:41 PM permalink

I think most married men on the forum know that men and women try to resolve problems in different ways.

Indeed. Women will nag you and berate you
till you give in. Men try and hide from them
as much as possible.

Charleton Heston was married for 50 years
and said the secret was to always give in
right away. And apologise as much as possible
even though you did nothing wrong.
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
weaselman
weaselman
August 15th, 2012 at 12:17:49 PM permalink

I agree. But what does it have to do with civility, common courtesy and forum rules in general?
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
August 15th, 2012 at 12:21:35 PM permalink
Quote: RonC

Opinion--I'd hate to be the Wizard when it comes to this kind of stuff!!

Thank you! Sometimes I think I'm back in junior high with all the "Why did you punish x for this, and not y for that?" questions. I'll be the first to admit that punishments are not always fair. There is a lot of randomness involved between no admin reading a post, what he may know about the backstory, and his particular mood that day. Somebody made a comparison that you might get a ticket for going 70 m.p.h, while the next guy doesn't get one for going 75 m.p.h.. Sometimes life isn't fair.

Furthermore, is who gets banned for what really so important?
RonC
RonC
August 15th, 2012 at 12:23:00 PM permalink

Furthermore, is who gets banned for what really so important?

In most cases, not at all.

In this case, I was enjoying the poetic things going on in this romantic tragedy or whatever the heck it is!!
1BB
1BB
  • Threads: 18
August 15th, 2012 at 12:27:39 PM permalink
Quote: FinsRule

I agree with Woldus. I had much more of a problem with what Nareed said than HB. Nareed is a 3rd party and is calling names without knowing all the details. HB is involved in the "incident" so I think she has a little more room to make judgements.

I also agree. He said some terrible things.
Many people, especially ignorant people, want to punish you for speaking the truth. - Mahatma Ghandi
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
August 15th, 2012 at 12:35:27 PM permalink
Quote: 1BB

I also agree. He said some terrible things.

Oy! Did I attribute a post of Nareed's to HB? Okay, if this is so important, what are the obtionable posts of Nareed in question. I would prefer to see quotes in quote tags, so there is no confusion about who said what.
texasplumr
texasplumr
  • Threads: 13
August 15th, 2012 at 12:38:23 PM permalink

Oy! Did I attribute a post of Nareed's to HB? Okay, if this is so important, what are the obtionable posts of Nareed in question. I would prefer to see quotes in quote tags, so there is no confusion about who said what.

But would Nareed be treated any differently than HB?
Stupid is a choice
weaselman
weaselman
August 15th, 2012 at 12:44:15 PM permalink

I'll be the first to admit that punishments are not always fair.

For me, this is not about fairness at all. If someone is "punished" unfairly, I am sure, they can get over it quite easily.
What concerns me is lack of protection afforded to (most of) the forum members from the verbal abuse by (select) others, that are "weaker physically", whatever that might have to do with anything, or, perhaps, have some other handicap or trait, not available to the rest.
weaselman
weaselman
August 15th, 2012 at 12:49:08 PM permalink

Here it is
Quote: Nareed

you're acting the exact same way a serial abuser does. In other words, you're being a bully and are beating up on a woman.

I guess, this does not count as calling him a bully and a serial abuser ...
"Mister Chairman, I inquire if it would be in violation of etiquette to call Lord Chamberlain a fat dirty pig?"

Compared to the despicable act calling HotBlonde "not hot", this, probably, should not even be brought up. :)
Switch
Switch
  • Threads: 12
August 15th, 2012 at 1:11:51 PM permalink

That was good! It is still early, but I nominate that for post of the day. Keep those poems coming.

I love limericks so couldn't resist :-

When SOOPOO was banned from the weigh-in
He voiced a concern about payin'
He said don't be rash
I can hand you the cash
And to avoid 'stalkering' I'm not stayin'
FinsRule
FinsRule
August 15th, 2012 at 1:15:50 PM permalink
All I am saying is that if someone called me a serial abuser, I would consider that a personal insult. I think it would be a bigger insult than a word that is just thrown around like "jackass"
Maverick17
Maverick17
  • Threads: 17
August 15th, 2012 at 1:37:09 PM permalink
Quote: texasplumr

This is the most entertaining thread, ever!

Quote: DeMango

I was gonna block it, glad I didn't. We have quite the poetic talent here!

Agree.

Don't really care about back story either, just the sheer craziness has me on the edge of my seat.

Quote: rudeboyoi

my opinion on this whole thing is that hotblonde has grown an ego from losing all this weight.

100% correct. Especially if the process was:

1 - Got attention from guys b/c of a perceived proper amount of weight

2 - Stopped getting said attention from guys b/c of a perceived excess amount of weight

3 - Starting to get attention from guys again b/c of a perceived loss of excess amount of weight

she is dead wrong in thinking SOOPOO doesnt have a right to be there to see what she weighs in at after making this bet.

Agree again. It is up to SOOPOO who he trusts, but I wouldn't trust a website creator/admin just because he appears honest when it comes to $1,800. Now if I knew the Wiz personally maybe things would be different (and maybe SOOPOO does) which would make it a moo point.

and nareed is defending her because shes another girl on the forum so they have eachother's back.

Okay, I was asked to respond to why I didn't ban HB over this. Personally, I subscribe to a double standard that says you treat women more gently than you treat men. If a woman were to say she is unconfortable with me around, I would respect that and stay away from her. After saying that to me, I wouldn't want to be around her anyway. SOOPOO, initially, did not resond the same way, and threatened to not pay the bet if he couldn't pay her in person. HB found that threatening. Since women are the weaker sex (physically) I think it is her right to feel that way. Perhaps her wording was rather strong, but if a man doesn't respect a woman's "no" then that is cause for trouble. That is how I saw it and why I didn't issue a ban.

Just guessing, but rudeboyoi has had each of these things happen to him in life, in that order. If not, I know I have. Fair is fair, and in today's society, each and every action deserves the same credibility or lack thereof regardless of gender. Unfortunately, many think just like the Wiz, and in my experience, many will take advantage of his chivalry.

As a note, would the same rules apply if it were a couple dudes, one 5 foot nothing, 100 and nothing, the other NFL linebacker James Harrison? or if it were a couple of broads, one 4'9'' 86lbs, and the other Nadzeya Ostapchuk, right after she shoots up?
Statistics don't lie, they deceive.
Woldus
Woldus
  • Threads: 14
August 15th, 2012 at 1:41:44 PM permalink
Removed post - he already answered it.
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
  • Threads: 117
August 15th, 2012 at 2:06:08 PM permalink
Quote: MakingBook

The alternate version-

There once was a blonde who claimed she was hot
She posted some pictures and we saw she was not
In Vegas she'll be weighed, but doubt she'll get laid
The Wizard is invited, but not Scott

I would guarantee you that not only do I have many a men who want to sleep with me but I could get WAY more tail than you! Shall we make this a bet? Why don't you post YOUR picture, hot stuff? (Of course, that'll have to be when you're off your suspension.)

Quote: 1BB

Simple question. Were SOOPOO and Hot Blonde in a romantic relationship?

NO, we had a platonic friendship.

This is the most entertaining thread, ever!

I do feel like I've been involved in a soap opera on here! I've become afraid to log on and catch up on the comments each day to see what new garbage has been thrown about.

Personally, I subscribe to a double standard that says you treat women more gently than you treat men.

I agree to this. It's sad that it technically is considered a double standard, but that was my main issue with SOOPOO that people on here didn't seem to understand when taking his side. To me when a man is insulting towards me or disrespectful or verbally hostile or pushy that creates red flags and puts a pit in a woman's stomach that I think no man on here could ever really truly understand. It's a bad feeling in your stomach that something isn't right and that I could potentially be in danger at some point. Maybe it's just a woman's instinct and although I would like people on here to understand I don't blame you if you guys don't. It's like explaining to a woman why you guys are horny all the time and think about sex constantly. We just don't understand cuz it's not in our blood. But I can understand it from a logical standpoint, to know that men have 10X the amount of testosterone than women so I can sit back and say, "Ok, that makes sense."

My whole thing with SOOPOO, although many of you thought I was just being mean or trying to punish him or whatever and many of you will continue to think that, was that I realized, after our last incident a couple weeks ago, that his behavior just won't end. I've forgiven him in Vegas, I've mended our friendship a few other times, even giving him the chance to participate in the final weigh-in and accomodating his flight schedule that day, but then there was another bad incidence with him, the cycle continued. Because I love and respect myself I had to put my foot down and not allow this to continue any longer. If I were to forgive him, ONCE AGAIN, there would be another problem to pop up at some point again and I had to put an end to this once and for all. I'll have worked hard for 9 plus months to get to my weigh-in event and celebration and I'll be damned if I even invite the slight chance that this event could be ruined. I surround myself with people who are kind and respectful and who don't put me down or talk down to me or yell at me or try to manipulate or control me. That's why I value my friendship with Mike, he is a complete gentleman, I could never imagine feeling unsafe around him or feeling like he were ever to try to hurt me in some way.

...if a man doesn't respect a woman's "no" then that is cause for trouble.

Exactly. A man respects a woman when she says no. If not then that's a big red flag.

Quote: EvenBob

Charleton Heston was married for 50 years
and said the secret was to always give in
right away.

I don't know if I believe a man needs to give in right away, I want to be with a man who has his own opinions and someone I can respect. But when you try to strongarm a woman, or continuously try to control the situation unceasingly, then again, those are red flags.

All I am saying is that if someone called me a serial abuser, I would consider that a personal insult.

I disagree with those of you who consider what Nareed said to be a pesonal insult. Nareed said "you are acting exactly like a serial abuser", and if you think about it, she is right. When someone is hurtful towards someone over and over and over and over again then that is abuse. And that has been my experience with SOOPOO. He never physically hit me, but when he's out to hurt me over and over and over again you can say that that would fall under the category of abuse, be it emotional or whatever. That's what Nareed was saying, that SOOPOO was ACTING like an abuser. No personal insult there.

P.S. I'm loving the limericks. It's putting a smile on my face! :D
OFFICIALLY and justifiably reclaimed my title as SuperHotBlonde!
EvenBob
EvenBob
August 15th, 2012 at 2:14:32 PM permalink
Quote: HotBlonde

I would guarantee you that not only do I have many a men who want to sleep with me

Yeah well.. Here's an old joke.

A really handsome guy goes up to an
average looking woman on the street
and says "Let me take you up to my
room and give you best sex you ever
had." The woman slaps his face and
stalks away.

A homely, unattractive woman goes
up to any guy on the street and says
"Let me take you up to my room and
give you the best free sex you've ever
had." And 90% of the men would go.

Moral of the story: A woman bragging
there are lots of men that would sleep
with her is like saying the sun came up
this morning. What else is new.
FinsRule
FinsRule
August 15th, 2012 at 2:14:34 PM permalink
My contention is that someone saying: "You are acting like a jackass" is the same thing as "You are a jackass" "You are acting like a serial abuser" "You are a serial abuser"

There is no way saying the words "Acting like" means that you can say whatever you want after it.
Woldus
Woldus
  • Threads: 14
August 15th, 2012 at 2:19:48 PM permalink

I disagree with those of you who consider what Nareed said to be a pesonal insult. Nareed said "you are acting exactly like a serial abuser", and if you think about it, she is right. When someone is hurtful towards someone over and over and over and over again then that is abuse. And that has been my experience with SOOPOO. He never physically hit me, but when he's out to hurt me over and over and over again you can say that that would fall under the category of abuse, be it emotional or whatever. That's what Nareed was saying, that SOOPOO was ACTING like an abuser. No personal insult there.

So if someone "acts" like a raging _____ sometimes that doesn't mean they are one?
RonC
RonC
August 15th, 2012 at 2:26:13 PM permalink

Whatever SOOPOO has done that you are saying is "abusive" is either being done in person, via some form of social media, phone or email, or being done via PM. If he is doing it via the latter means, your talking about it at all violates in spirit the rule about not divulging contents of PMs here. If he is doing it in other way and you are not willing to state WHAT he is doing to be abusive, then you shouldn't be making the allegations. The best thing you could do is end all contact with him, including any response to comments here that he makes, and ignore his existence.

You won't do that. You want the money. It appears that a condition was introduced at some point stating that he or the Wizard needs to be present. If that is totally unacceptable, end that portion of your bet. If you can't figure out a way to handle the situation of him being there, in a public place with security nearby, then just drop the bet. Is it really worth $1800 to let him aggravate you this much?
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
August 15th, 2012 at 2:34:09 PM permalink

All I am saying is that if someone called me a serial abuser, I would consider that a personal insult. I think it would be a bigger insult than a word that is just thrown around like "jackass"

Okay, I admit this is a tough case. Consider that Nareed said SOOPOO is "acting" like a serial abuser, not that he is one. It is also a little lighter to say SOOPOO is "being" a bully and "beating up on a woman" than he actually is or is doing those things. I admit is a fine line, but life is full of slippery slopes. Also, Nareed's post is not just out of the thin air, but responding to SOOPOO specifically trying to crash HB's festivities, when she specifically asked him not to.

This struck me as Nareed's honest opinion of the situation, and the perceived insult had some basis in fact. I didn't like the post, but it doesn't rise to the level of being banned. My policy is when in doubt, don't ban.

Quote: Maverick17

As a note, would the same rules apply if it were a couple dudes, one 5 foot nothing, 100 and nothing, the other NFL linebacker James Harrison? or if it were a couple of broads, one 4'9'' 86lbs, and the other Nadzeya Ostapchuk, right after she shoots up?

Somewhat. Maybe the feminists out there will disagree, but a gentleman should treat women like ladies, even if there isn't a size/strength differential. Between the same gender, the stronger one should show due contraint to the smaller one. Basically I subscribe to the adage about picking on people your own size.
EvenBob
EvenBob
August 15th, 2012 at 2:53:27 PM permalink

a gentleman should treat women like ladies,

Only when they act like ladies.
rdw4potus
rdw4potus
  • Threads: 80
August 15th, 2012 at 2:54:49 PM permalink

Holy crap! I agree with bob! I need to go get a drink...;-)
"So as the clock ticked and the day passed, opportunity met preparation, and luck happened." - Maurice Clarett
slyther
slyther
August 15th, 2012 at 3:18:08 PM permalink
What a soap opera has spawned from an amusing bet
It's one of the best page-turners I've read yet
On the wager I've nothing to say
But soon we'll know who has to pay
Until then we'll see how many posts this thread can get
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
August 15th, 2012 at 3:22:07 PM permalink

A woman bragging
there are lots of men that would sleep
with her...

Bragging? How was that bragging? I was responding to MakingBook's comment that I wouldn't get laid. Get it straight.

And secondly it's funny how guys look at women and may think, "Oh, no guy would want to bang her" or to the opposite of "Damn! I'd totally do her" as if we care how *uckable we are. A little secret: Women don't care how *uckable we are to men. I care no more about sex now in my thin body as I did when I was 277 pounds. It's only men who think like that. Like when men think it's a travesty that a woman gets fat to the point where very few men will now want to sleep with her. Guess what, we could care less. We can feel good about ourselves fat or thin, the quantity of men that want to sleep with us doesn't determine that.

Quote: RonC

Whatever SOOPOO has done that you are saying is "abusive" is either being done in person, via some form of social media, phone or email, or being done via PM. If he is doing it via the latter means, your talking about it at all violates in spirit the rule about not divulging contents of PMs here. If he is doing it in other way and you are not willing to state WHAT he is doing to be abusive, then you shouldn't be making the allegations. The best thing you could do is end all contact with him, including any response to comments here that he makes, and ignore his existence.

First of all, you are all being so legalistic with all these damn rules. "By phone it's ok, but if it was by PM, VIOLATION POLICE!" And I never gave specifics and details about any of the situations. If you all remember I had moved SOOPOO to the "Not Coming List" which is when YOU ALL started chirping about this and that. I gave minor explanations here and there to defend my position when it seems that most of you think I'm not wanting him there for the wrong reasons.

Quote: rdw4potus

Holy crap! I agree with bob!

That's called a lack of integrity. If you're a gentleman you're a gentleman because that's how you've chosen as an adult to behave. I couldn't image Mike, who I consider to be a gentleman, ever acting disrespectful towards a woman who was acting in a way you would deem improper. A gentleman doesn't try to justify not acting in a gentlemanly fashion.
texasplumr
texasplumr
August 15th, 2012 at 3:25:41 PM permalink
One thing that keeps running through my mind here, isn't it possible to block posts by someone you don't want to see? I seem to remember people blocking posts by some people who aren't here anymore. I haven't checked because nobody has scared me that much. Why wouldn't someone who claims to not want the attention of someone else just do that?

Of course, I may have it all wrong. Won't be the first time. But I thought that feature was available if you felt like you were being stalked, or something.

Makes me wonder, anyway.
Stupid is a choice
rdw4potus
rdw4potus
August 15th, 2012 at 3:27:33 PM permalink

A gentleman doesn't try to justify not acting in a gentlemanly fashion.

But a lady, or more specifically you, has no such obligation. Got it.
"So as the clock ticked and the day passed, opportunity met preparation, and luck happened." - Maurice Clarett
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
August 15th, 2012 at 3:31:59 PM permalink
Quote: rdw4potus

But a lady, or more specifically you, has no such obligation. Got it.

Has no such obligation to do what? I'm not following you.
Nareed
Nareed
  • Threads: 373
August 15th, 2012 at 3:34:31 PM permalink

To me when a man is insulting towards me or disrespectful or verbally hostile or pushy that creates red flags and puts a pit in a woman's stomach that I think no man on here could ever really truly understand. It's a bad feeling in your stomach that something isn't right and that I could potentially be in danger at some point.

Yes, exactly. Even men who are not violent, or even too physically weak to be a threat, can give you that kind of dread. Sometimes it's worse witha weak man, because there's the feeling he may come at you with a weapon. That's what makes it so important for a man to back down when you tell him "no."

Quote:

I'll have worked hard for 9 plus months to get to my weigh-in event and celebration and I'll be damned if I even invite the slight chance that this event could be ruined.

This is like a wedding, a little bit. Yes, other people had a lot to do with it, but it's your day. This may sound flipant, but it's really important. it's how you cap your achievement, and effort and perseverance and, I dare say, virtue for the past very large portion fo a year. Of course you want it to go well.

Quote:

I disagree with those of you who consider what Nareed said to be a pesonal insult. Nareed said "you are acting exactly like a serial abuser", and if you think about it, she is right.

Thank you. I thought I was describing actions, not labelling anyone anything.

If I may add, I'm saddened it had to come to that. I expected better of him.
Donald Trump is a fucking criminal
rdw4potus
rdw4potus
August 15th, 2012 at 3:35:05 PM permalink

I'm not following you.

That's a shame. It really wasn't too difficult to figure out.
EvenBob
EvenBob
August 15th, 2012 at 3:37:24 PM permalink

Bragging? How was that bragging? I was responding to MakingBook's comment that I wouldn't get laid. Get it straight.

You said: "I would guarantee you that not only
do I have many a men who want to sleep with
me but I could get WAY more tail than you!"

This is textbook bragging, are you kidding? You
even capitalized WAY to bring home your bragging
point.

That's called a lack of integrity.If you're a gentleman you're a gentleman

'Lack of integrity'? Ladies get treated like ladies,
the others get treated accordingly. The Victorian
Age ended a hundred years ago, we now live
in the modern era where you get treated based
on how you treat others.
1BB
1BB
August 15th, 2012 at 3:44:37 PM permalink

From the On Line Dictionary- lady: a well mannered and considerate woman with high standards of proper behavior.
Many people, especially ignorant people, want to punish you for speaking the truth. - Mahatma Ghandi
Nareed
Nareed
August 15th, 2012 at 3:48:31 PM permalink
Thank you.

I didn't like the post, but it doesn't rise to the level of being banned. My policy is when in doubt, don't ban.

I didn't like that post either. As I mentioned earlier, I'm upset it had to come to that.
Nareed
Nareed
August 15th, 2012 at 3:52:34 PM permalink

One thing that keeps running through my mind here, isn't it possible to block posts by someone you don't want to see?

Yes. It's not easy, but not that hard either.

You need to go through the list of members and click on the "block" function on the line with the name of the offending poster. To access the list, just click on the heading of top posters, or newest members.

Quote:

Won't be the first time. But I thought that feature was available if you felt like you were being stalked, or something.

If you're being stalked, trust me you want to keep an eye on the stalker.
MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 364
August 15th, 2012 at 4:01:14 PM permalink
The "battle of the sexes" aspects of this thread are comical, if for no other reason than the guys just don't get it.

Look, we are manipulated by women: always have been, always will be.

It is ongoing and due to our egos essentially undetectable.

I learned the secret years ago when I overheard my aunt telling the other aunts at a family function how to handle a man: "It's easy! Just yes him to death, then do as you please."
"What, me worry?"
Calder
Calder
  • Threads: 5
August 15th, 2012 at 4:07:56 PM permalink

I do feel like I've been involved in a soap opera on here! I've become afraid to log on and catch up on the comments each day to see what new garbage has been thrown about.

Come, now. You're the producer, head writer, and not-so-reluctant star of this soap opera.

If I were to forgive him, ONCE AGAIN, there would be another problem to pop up at some point again and I had to put an end to this once and for all.

For someone so coy about the details of the rift, which is your right obviously, you often bend over backwards to assert your magnanimity. Lacking any facts not in evidence on this forum, this strikes me as self-important and self-congratulatory. Based only on what I've read here, SOOPOO is the party taking the higher ground.
EvenBob
EvenBob
August 15th, 2012 at 4:14:15 PM permalink
Quote: MrV

Look, we are manipulated by women: always have been, always will be.
"

Of course. HB says the she wasn't bragging, what are
you talking about, get it straight. As I guy, I'm used
to this from women. They constantly try and put a
spin on what really happened, what was really said.

I've had more than one woman try this on me in my
life. And when I repeat to them verbatim what they
really said, and they realize they can't get away with
it with me, they absolutely hate it.
Paradigm
Paradigm
  • Threads: 42
August 15th, 2012 at 4:33:09 PM permalink
Quote: Switch

When SOOPOO was banned from the weigh-in
He voiced a concern about payin'
He said don't be rash
I can hand you the cash
And to avoid 'stalkering' I'm not stayin'

Wiz, this has to be up there for post of the day!!

Well done Switch.....I did LOL when I read this one.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 122
August 15th, 2012 at 4:53:04 PM permalink
This is too much fun. Welllll.... here goes..... A couple weeks back HB and I were communicating on where and how to celebrate her success. I had told her, long ago, that I would take her out for a dinner in Vegas, in addition to paying her the well earned bet she would have won. When it became clear that we would be having a WoV celebratory dinner on Wednesday, and HB wanted our 'special dinner' on Thursday, I pointed out how that may be difficult as I may be bringing a lady friend with me, and explaining why my first two nights in Vegas with my new lady friend, I would be spending with a woman who calls herself HotBlonde... Well, HB could not understand my trepidation, and basically badgered me until I could take no more, and I withdrew the offer of the extra dinner.
Well forum, that is my 'abusive bullying' story. I am very interested to see how HB tries to twist this one against me, but thems are the facts.

On a more important note, I think we will be taking the number two spot from Chip Of The Day!
1BB
1BB
August 15th, 2012 at 4:56:51 PM permalink
Perhaps MakingBook's suspension should be commuted to time served for being the one who started these great limericks or did he get suspended because his only had four lines? :)
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
August 15th, 2012 at 4:58:08 PM permalink
Quote: MrV

I learned the secret years ago when I overheard my aunt telling the other aunts at a family function how to handle a man: "It's easy! Just yes him to death, then do as you please."

What does "yes" him to death mean?

This topic was a major theme on Married with Children. If that show is to be believed, then constatntly keeping a man down with insults and nagging will immasculate him to the point where he doesn't dare ever fight back to anything the woman wishes to do. Basically "Don't stand by your man."
EvenBob
EvenBob
August 15th, 2012 at 4:59:08 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

Well forum, that is my 'abusive bullying' story.

This is why she's threatening to call the police
on you, because you're bringing a lady friend
and can't eat on the weigh in day?

You must be joking.
1BB
1BB
August 15th, 2012 at 5:08:24 PM permalink
She should be buying him dinner.
weaselman
weaselman
August 15th, 2012 at 5:24:22 PM permalink

A little secret: Women don't care how *uckable we are to men.

yet they find it necessary to respond to comments (limericks actually, presented as a joke) of such nature ... Interesting.

Quote:

First of all, you are all being so legalistic with all these damn rules. "By phone it's ok, but if it was by PM, VIOLATION POLICE!" And I never gave specifics and details about any of the situations.

That's exactly the problem.
If I make a statement that I had an encounter with you where you totally acted like a b***, but refuse to give any details or substantiate my claims in any way, how would you feel about it? Let me guess ... you could not care less, right?

Quote:

That's called a lack of integrity. If you're a gentleman you're a gentleman because that's how you've chosen as an adult to behave.

No, that's called common sense. If you want to behave like a b***, you have to be ready that people will see it, and treat you accordingly, gentlemen or not.

Quote:

I couldn't image Mike, who I consider to be a gentleman, ever acting disrespectful

I bet, you could not imagine SOOPOO that way either back when this thread was just starting, could you?
Or a whole bunch of other people, "spreading negativity" ...
MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 364
August 15th, 2012 at 6:35:27 PM permalink

What does "yes" him to death mean?

It means to agree with him, stroke his ego, and when he walks away forget about it and go back to what you were doing.

The implication that men are vapid, shallow, insecure creatures is ... (fill in the blank)
"What, me worry?"
texasplumr
texasplumr
August 15th, 2012 at 6:36:38 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

This is too much fun. Welllll.... here goes..... A couple weeks back HB and I were communicating on where and how to celebrate her success. I had told her, long ago, that I would take her out for a dinner in Vegas, in addition to paying her the well earned bet she would have won. When it became clear that we would be having a WoV celebratory dinner on Wednesday, and HB wanted our 'special dinner' on Thursday, I pointed out how that may be difficult as I may be bringing a lady friend with me, and explaining why my first two nights in Vegas with my new lady friend, I would be spending with a woman who calls herself HotBlonde... Well, HB could not understand my trepidation, and basically badgered me until I could take no more, and I withdrew the offer of the extra dinner.
Well forum, that is my 'abusive bullying' story. I am very interested to see how HB tries to twist this one against me, but thems are the facts.

On a more important note, I think we will be taking the number two spot from Chip Of The Day!

Surely you jest? This is the bullying she's talking about? Wow!!!!

Damn, I have to go to bed. Guess I'll read the retort tomorrow. And of course my observation earlier about blocking and then Nareed went so far as to explain how, I'm wondering why she hasn't blocked SOOPOO if she's so afraid of him? If I was that frightened I would have blocked him long ago.

But then, I'm a man and I guess we don't think alike. Yep, best thread ever!
Stupid is a choice
  • Jump to: