Thread Rating:

rudeboyoi
rudeboyoi
  • Threads: 27
August 16th, 2012 at 1:24:31 AM permalink
Quote: Mission146

I honestly think that it depends on the verbiage. If you use unflattering personal insults, then I could see where one can rightfully be insulted. If someone is/was overweight, by personal admission, and one simply pointed it out in neutral terms, then I do not think it could be considered insulting. If someone is overweight by way of Empirical evidence and medical fact (or opinion, as some would have it) then it would probably need to be presented as such.

For example, I am a 28 year-old male that stands 6'4"...ok...6'3 + 1/2....and weighs in at 216 pounds. If someone were to take the information I just posted, cite a medical chart, and say, "According to this medical chart, you are overweight," I would have no right to be insulted. Alternatively, if someone were to say, "Hey, fat ass, how about taking that donut out of your pie-hole and go play some handball," then I would have the right to be insulted, though I wouldn't be.

The verbiage is immature in the latter, it is designed for the apparent purposes of being insulting, and I haven't had a donut since 2011.

im like the same height. i say im 6'4". my license says im 6'4". maybe im a little less though. and am also 28yrs old. i weigh 230lbs or so if i had to guess. i think were "supposed" to weigh 190lbs if i recall correctly.
1BB
1BB
  • Threads: 18
August 16th, 2012 at 2:45:45 AM permalink
Quote: rdw4potus

The one for committing what HB has determined to be libel. I really hope this is where Mike draws the line about granting HB her wishes...

Side question: Slander is spoken; libel is written for publication. Are offending posts on a board like this technically libel or slander?

It's perfectly okay to repeatedly call SOOPOO a liar and for him to be insulted by someone who wasn't there? Strange indeed.
Many people, especially ignorant people, want to punish you for speaking the truth. - Mahatma Ghandi
weaselman
weaselman
  • Threads: 20
August 16th, 2012 at 4:00:40 AM permalink
Quote: Wizard

Add another notch to the suspensions this thread has garnered. Three days for this one.

Really? What specifically was the insult there? Just curious ...
I mean, after having established that even something like "you are acting like a despicable, abusive woman beating bully" is not an insult ... What was it in this message that triggered it? Is "unless you want to ..." worse than "you are acting like"? Or is it "fatso", that's more insulting than a despicable abusive bully? Also, if "stalkerish" is not insulting, then how come "fatso" is? Or is it just that MrV is physically stronger? ;)
"When two people always agree one of them is unnecessary"
weaselman
weaselman
August 16th, 2012 at 4:03:07 AM permalink
Quote: rdw4potus

Understood. My question was meant to be more general. When writing is specifically engineered to mimic and replace speech, does that make it slander? Or is it still libel since it is in fact written? Or should I just say defamation and move on? :-)

If it is published in writing, false and damaging to reputation, it is libel. The style or wording of publication does not matter :)
RonC
RonC
  • Threads: 40
August 16th, 2012 at 4:22:39 AM permalink
Quote: Wizard

Add another notch to the suspensions this thread has garnered. Three days for this one.

So HB and Nareed can pretty much say whatever they want without providing any evidence (liar, stalker, bully) but it is a suspendable offense to say that she once was very large and should consider her eating habits after all this work to get smaller lest she not become large again?

HB opens herself up to all of these comments because she puts a lot of her life here. Saying she was a "h" or saying she might become a "f" again if she doesn't do the right things is a very, very minimal insult...

You were (slang word for really fat, which she admitted) and if you eat a lot you will become (slang word for fat( again).

I know we should treat women with a bit of gentleness, but she brings most of this on herself...

As we say in the South when we don't have much nice to say....

"Bless her heart."

I hope she isn't as much of a drama queen in real life!!
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 122
August 16th, 2012 at 4:22:54 AM permalink
Quote: avargov

HB, why don't you just block him and be done with it? If he fails to pay you after that, really, big deal! You will still have lost the weight, and the forum will clearly see what kind of guy SooPoo is. If he still pays you, then great, you have the dough, and we will see that he is a stand up guy.

Pretty easy really....

Come on, avargov.... If she makes weight I WILL PAY HER.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
August 16th, 2012 at 4:32:17 AM permalink
Quote: 1BB

It's perfectly okay to repeatedly call SOOPOO a liar and for him to be insulted by someone who wasn't there? Strange indeed.

Sure- this is what Nareed repeatedly does. He has never met me, but just listens to HB's ridiculous claims and just trumpets them.

And HB--- sure --- use any PM I sent you (I'm sure you will not use them in context, though), and I will just relay ANY AND ALL FACTS about you to prove I am in the right. Bring it on if you want!!!

And by the way, with "how horrible " I was to you in Vegas, it seemed like you still were looking forward to the "yummy meal" with me. So I must not have been that mean in Vegas, but now you conveniently are posting about how mean I was.... I was so mean I paid for your hotel room, paid for your meals, paid for your airfare..... That's just the kind of bastard I am....

But here is an offer... since this thread really seems to be splitting the forum, basically into you and Nareed against the rest, which I never wanted, and I don't think you want, why don't we just agree to not interact here, I WILL PAY YOU (via Mike) if you win, but neither of us is gaining anything in this war of "He said, she said" So what do you say, Anne, that we call a truce, and you will never have to interact with me again, if that is your choice? I think we can do this as a favor to Mike, our mutual friend.....
I don't know what more I can offer you....
24Bingo
24Bingo
  • Threads: 23
August 16th, 2012 at 4:39:56 AM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

Sure- this is what Nareed repeatedly does. He has never met me, but just listens to HB's ridiculous claims and just trumpets them.

Oh, FFS, HB's posts were starting to make me think this whole thing was as petty as you claim, but now you're starting this bull up again?!
The trick to poker is learning not to beat yourself up for your mistakes too much, and certainly not too little, but just the right amount.
weaselman
weaselman
August 16th, 2012 at 4:48:11 AM permalink

I was so mean I paid for your hotel room, paid for your meals, paid for your airfare..... That's just the kind of bastard I am....

This is really despicable ... ish!
RaleighCraps
RaleighCraps
  • Threads: 79
August 16th, 2012 at 5:39:47 AM permalink
Quote: weaselman

If it is published in writing, false and damaging to reputation, it is libel. The style or wording of publication does not matter :)

Since we are all hiding under masked anonymity, can I, name withheld, be libeled? Sure, my persona, RaleighCraps, can be attacked, but is that an attack on my real person? I am no lawyer, but I would hope the answer to that is a resounding NO.
Always borrow money from a pessimist; They don't expect to get paid back ! Be yourself and speak your thoughts. Those who matter won't mind, and those that mind, don't matter!
avargov
avargov
  • Threads: 16
August 16th, 2012 at 5:44:01 AM permalink

Come on, avargov.... If she makes weight I WILL PAY HER.

Scott, I have no doubt in my mind whatsoever that you will pay her. I was merely making the point that all this drama is utterly useless.
Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes." ~ William Gibson
texasplumr
texasplumr
  • Threads: 13
August 16th, 2012 at 5:45:59 AM permalink

And HB--- sure --- use any PM I sent you (I'm sure you will not use them in context, though), and I will just relay ANY AND ALL FACTS about you to prove I am in the right. Bring it on if you want!!!

And by the way, with "how horrible " I was to you in Vegas, it seemed like you still were looking forward to the "yummy meal" with me. So I must not have been that mean in Vegas, but now you conveniently are posting about how mean I was.... I was so mean I paid for your hotel room, paid for your meals, paid for your airfare..... That's just the kind of bastard I am....

But here is an offer... since this thread really seems to be splitting the forum, basically into you and Nareed against the rest, which I never wanted, and I don't think you want, why don't we just agree to not interact here, I WILL PAY YOU (via Mike) if you win, but neither of us is gaining anything in this war of "He said, she said" So what do you say, Anne, that we call a truce, and you will never have to interact with me again, if that is your choice? I think we can do this as a favor to Mike, our mutual friend.....
I don't know what more I can offer you....

Dammit SOOPOO, now you're gonna get suspended for calling Nareed a HE!

And HB, seriously, go back and read your posts. Nobody has done more harm to your "internet reputation" than your own self. If he truly bothers you, block him. Not doing so just adds to your image of being a huge drama queen who thrives on all this attention.

Oh shit, does that step over the rather obscure line too?
Stupid is a choice
RaleighCraps
RaleighCraps
  • Threads: 79
August 16th, 2012 at 6:07:00 AM permalink
With DorothyGale's distaste for this thread way back in the very beginning, I can't help but wonder if she has ever stopped by to see where this soap opera ended up?
Always borrow money from a pessimist; They don't expect to get paid back ! Be yourself and speak your thoughts. Those who matter won't mind, and those that mind, don't matter!
aceofspades
aceofspades
  • Threads: 366
August 16th, 2012 at 6:19:35 AM permalink
I think this thread has lost all semblance of normalcy for this board and, thusly, suspensions should be suspended.
Beardgoat
Beardgoat
  • Threads: 29
August 16th, 2012 at 6:35:34 AM permalink
I hope HB loses the bet. And hopefully when she knows she won't make weight she just won't show up to the weigh in and won't pay anyone. Oh my god that would be great to read.
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
  • Threads: 68
August 16th, 2012 at 6:50:20 AM permalink
deleted
DUHHIIIIIIIII HEARD THAT!
FinsRule
FinsRule
  • Threads: 128
August 16th, 2012 at 6:56:23 AM permalink
Quote: Ibeatyouraces

I've seen many people on here make this mistake INCLUDING The Wizard. I don't think it's intentional.

Nah, in this case I think it was intentional... And it's going to start another fight...
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
  • Threads: 68
August 16th, 2012 at 6:58:58 AM permalink
deleted
DUHHIIIIIIIII HEARD THAT!
Nareed
Nareed
  • Threads: 373
August 16th, 2012 at 7:15:14 AM permalink
Quote: RonC

So HB and Nareed can pretty much say whatever they want without providing any evidence (liar, stalker, bully)

You know, that would be funny if only it were funny.

For one thing, HB has posted some evidence. For another, all that Soopoo did to me is public record on this site. Here's the sequence of events:

1) He insulted me twice in one post.
2) He bragged about it
3) He refused to admit it
4) Next he issued an apology which boiled down to: "I was so busy insulting you one way I dind't realize I insulted you in another. And the first so-called insult was really a joke, so what are you complaining about? Sorry!"
5) he proceeded to berate and belittle me, then claimed in the same post he's a nice guy and I should meet him someday and really see for myself (as though his actions here should not count as being his?)
6) Then he started baiting me.

At that point I decided enough was enough, so I offered him a truce. That was on PM and I won't repeat it here.

Now, you may not be aware of this, but when someone treats you like dirt and then wants you to like him, that's a really BIG FREAKING sign of an abusive personality. A bully is one subtype of an abuser. There are others. I've had my share of dealings with such people, I had an awful time dealing with that, and I don't need any more poeple like that in my life.

There are two ways to deal with a bully or an abuser: beat the tar out of him, or deny him a target. While the first can be more satisfying, it sullies your spirit and blackens your personality in the long run. So you try the second option as much as possible. In any case, you never, ever play along and give the guy a second chance. And you damned well never make nice with him; that just encourages him to do worse things.

As regards HotBlonde, Soopoo did a great work lining up bets "against" her. He deserves thanks for that. What he did afterwards is another matter. He took a number of good will gestures and tried to use them as emotional blackmail on a vulnerable woman. But HB should tell this part (again).

Finally, she has tried to distance herself from Soopoo, but he won't take no for an asnwer. And when he plays the victim here, many of you enable hima nd push HB to play nice and submit to him. Adn none of you give a damn how that hurts her.

So there you have it, all laid bare in the open. If this merits a suspension, so be it.
Donald Trump is a fucking criminal
weaselman
weaselman
August 16th, 2012 at 7:19:59 AM permalink
Quote: RaleighCraps

Since we are all hiding under masked anonymity, can I, name withheld, be libeled? Sure, my persona, RaleighCraps, can be attacked, but is that an attack on my real person? I am no lawyer, but I would hope the answer to that is a resounding NO.

Libel allegations are only meaningful when the victim can demonstrate actual monetary damages rooting from it. For example, a loss of a job or business income due to damage in reputation or something like that. If you suffer damages, that you can clearly link to someone making false statements about you, then it does not matter whether they used your real name or an alias.
RonC
RonC
August 16th, 2012 at 7:29:16 AM permalink
Quote: Nareed

Finally, she has tried to distance herself from Soopoo, but he won't take no for an asnwer. And when he plays the victim here, many of you enable hima nd push HB to play nice and submit to him. Adn none of you give a damn how that hurts her.

First, thanks for your response.

She has tried to distance herself from him but she still wants his money. If any of what you say is true, she should want away from him so badly that she is willing to TOTALLY IGNORE him. That means respond to nothing, block him, report abusive PMs to the Wizard, and cancel his portion of the bet. She is unwilling to take that step.

I think her life is a bit of a train wreck and trying to win $9,000 has made it worse. I hope she loses the weight for her health and for her self-confidence (it is hard to be a HotBlonde if you weigh 250 or more--some may call it "hot" but they are either BBW lovers or just trying to get some). She would have been much better off personally and physically doing the weight loss program over a longer time and, hopefully, with less injuries. $9,000? Earn it at work!! Her medical bills must come to more than a few thousand at this point, and she has promised to pay them (I think).

She can distance herself from SOOPOO and the horrors he brings to the relationship--she just needs to be willing to do EVERYTHING it takes...
RonC
RonC
August 16th, 2012 at 7:46:30 AM permalink
There are some people that are victims.

There are just some people that relish being victims.
Nareed
Nareed
August 16th, 2012 at 7:51:12 AM permalink

She has tried to distance herself from him but she still wants his money. If any of what you say is true, she should want away from him so badly that she is willing to TOTALLY IGNORE him. That means respond to nothing, block him, report abusive PMs to the Wizard, and cancel his portion of the bet.

Maybe, maybe not. It's too easy to tell someone else what she should do, when you don't have to deal with the feelings of frustration she does. Besides, in this forum I think the majority would regard a bet made as a contract with the attendant moral obligation to see it through; that is to be paid if the terms of the bet are met fairly. I don't see why Soopoo should be let off, merely because he's caused HB a lot of grief. It's a bad precedent.

Quote:

$9,000? Earn it at work!!

In the Obama "recovery"? You might as well prospect for fresh water in the ocean bottom. But HB lives in california, so that would be the Marianas Trench, really.
Mission146
Mission146
  • Threads: 142
August 16th, 2012 at 7:56:48 AM permalink
Quote: rudeboyoi

im like the same height. i say im 6'4". my license says im 6'4". maybe im a little less though. and am also 28yrs old. i weigh 230lbs or so if i had to guess. i think were "supposed" to weigh 190lbs if i recall correctly.

Medium frame, I believe, large frame is 203 and small is 180-something.
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/gripes/11182-pet-peeves/120/#post815219
RonC
RonC
August 16th, 2012 at 7:58:12 AM permalink

Maybe, maybe not. It's too easy to tell someone else what she should do, when you don't have to deal with the feelings of frustration she does. Besides, in this forum I think the majority would regard a bet made as a contract with the attendant moral obligation to see it through; that is to be paid if the terms of the bet are met fairly. I don't see why Soopoo should be let off, merely because he's caused HB a lot of grief. It's a bad precedent..

Okay so just say to him "I'll pay my part and I hope you will pay your part" and then completely ignore him.

You say that you've been bullied; I am sure the confusion in your life has not been easy to handle and that people have targeted you. Do you intentionally get in business relationships with those people?

Bad precedent? There's a heck of a lot of "bad precedent" here; calling off one bet to keep from being bullied hardly seems all that bad...

In the Obama "recovery"? You might as well prospect for fresh water in the ocean bottom. But HB lives in california, so that would be the Marianas Trench, really.

Lots of people have gotten jobs in Obama's crappy recovery. Lots have not. You have to work at getting a job.
thecesspit
thecesspit
  • Threads: 53
August 16th, 2012 at 8:00:23 AM permalink

Lots of people have gotten jobs in Obama's crappy recovery. Lots have not. You have to work at getting a job.

Yeah, I think that retort says a lot. Blaming Obama is easy. Earning an extra 9 grand isn't easy, but nor is losing 90lb.
"Then you can admire the real gambler, who has neither eaten, slept, thought nor lived, he has so smarted under the scourge of his martingale, so suffered on the rack of his desire for a coup at trente-et-quarante" - Honore de Balzac, 1829
Nareed
Nareed
August 16th, 2012 at 8:20:25 AM permalink

Okay so just say to him "I'll pay my part and I hope you will pay your part" and then completely ignore him.

If it were me, I'd tell him where to stick his money. But this doesn't involve me. And honestly, I can't tell you for sure what I'd do if I needed the money badly.

Quote:

You say that you've been bullied; I am sure the confusion in your life has not been easy to handle and that people have targeted you. Do you intentionally get in business relationships with those people?

No, I don't. But sometimes you find the bully is a a bully only after you've started a business deal or relationship with them. What do you then? Walk away without getting paid?

Quote:

Bad precedent? There's a heck of a lot of "bad precedent" here; calling off one bet to keep from being bullied hardly seems all that bad...

The HB challenge isn't the only long-term bet or contest here. Imagine what the losers in such bets can do if they think they'll be let off by bullying the winners. Things would get really ugly, and we'd lose an aspect of the board some people enjoy.
Woldus
Woldus
  • Threads: 14
August 16th, 2012 at 8:41:09 AM permalink

Maybe, maybe not. It's too easy to tell someone else what she should do, when you don't have to deal with the feelings of frustration she does. Besides, in this forum I think the majority would regard a bet made as a contract with the attendant moral obligation to see it through; that is to be paid if the terms of the bet are met fairly. I don't see why Soopoo should be let off, merely because he's caused HB a lot of grief. It's a bad precedent.

You can't have it both ways.

If SOOPOO is
1. a bully
2. an abuser
3. strongarming her
4. refusing to go away
5. making her life so miserable to the point of calling the police if he is around

than f*cking cancel his portion of the bet.

You can cry all you want about "weak female" and point to the steps it takes to get away from a bully but the simple fact is she can block him and cancel his bet and it all goes away. I think anyone who has read this thread would probably agree that the circumstances appear to be significant enough to warrant an exception to the honorable disposition of a bet being upheld.

It's getting a little tiresome that the same cards are being played over and over again. HB threatened more than a month ago to stay off the board until the bet was resolved for her peace of mind. Instead she feels compelled to generate long responses to people she feels are ganging up on her or bullying her. At the same time she purports to not care what people think about her or her life choices, but she continues to mention them (ER visits under an indigent program, credit card debt, breast enhancement surgery donations and on and on).

She seems to trust the Wiz - let him deal with keeping the peace on the forum. Why not simply lose weight for 8 more weeks. Stay off the forum since it causes so much heartache.

On the other hand - it's awfully enjoyable. (Tease us with your secretive knowledge of other evil things SOOPOO is plotting.....)
DeMango
DeMango
  • Threads: 36
August 16th, 2012 at 8:44:57 AM permalink
I'm thinking of the title of a Shakespeare play........
When a rock is thrown into a pack of dogs, the one that yells the loudest is the one who got hit.
24Bingo
24Bingo
August 16th, 2012 at 8:46:18 AM permalink
Quote: Ibeatyouraces

I've seen many people on here make this mistake INCLUDING The Wizard. I don't think it's intentional.

In this case it definitely was. This isn't the first time he's been called on it, and since that one managed its own spinoff thread, I doubt he's forgotten.
The trick to poker is learning not to beat yourself up for your mistakes too much, and certainly not too little, but just the right amount.
weaselman
weaselman
August 16th, 2012 at 8:51:18 AM permalink
Quote: 24Bingo

In this case it definitely was. This isn't the first time he's been called on it, and since that one managed its own spinoff thread, I doubt he's forgotten.

What I don't understand is how simply referring to a person in some way, different from how (s)he wants to be referred to is insulting.
I want people address me as "Your Excellence" (both words capitalized), or "His Excellence" if in third person, not "he" or "that guy" or "weaselman". Nobody does that. In fact, many people here keep referring to me as "Weasel", which is not even my nick name. Why isn't anyone getting banned over that? Think about it ... would you like to be called "a weasel"?
thecesspit
thecesspit
August 16th, 2012 at 8:52:35 AM permalink
People call be "cesspit" or "cess" all the time. Never "THE" cesspit. Damn their eyes.
"Then you can admire the real gambler, who has neither eaten, slept, thought nor lived, he has so smarted under the scourge of his martingale, so suffered on the rack of his desire for a coup at trente-et-quarante" - Honore de Balzac, 1829
thecesspit
thecesspit
August 16th, 2012 at 8:57:11 AM permalink

What I don't understand is how simply referring to a person in some way, different from how (s)he wants to referred to is insulting.
I want people address me "Your Excellence" (or "His Excellence" if in third person, not "he" or "that guy" or "weaselman"). Nobody does that. In fact, many people here keep referring to me as "Weasel", which is not even my nick name. Why isn't anyone getting banned over that? Think about it ... would you like to be called "a weasel"?

The point is, if you repeatedly told me to not call you "ferret" but I continued to do so, pointedly, and despite all your intentions not be seen as a ferret, you might get annoyed. Or YOU might not. But some other ferret, I mean weasel, might.
Nareed
Nareed
August 16th, 2012 at 8:57:34 AM permalink
Quote: Woldus

You can't have it both ways.

If SOOPOO is
1. a bully
2. an abuser
3. strongarming her
4. refusing to go away
5. making her life so miserable to the point of calling the police if he is around

than f*cking cancel his portion of the bet.

Look at it this way: then reward him for being a bully.

Quote:

On the other hand - it's awfully enjoyable. (Tease us with your secretive knowledge of other evil things SOOPOO is plotting.....)

Let's try something: think of these kind of things going on with your daughter, or your wife, and tell me how awfully entertaining it seems then.
thecesspit
thecesspit
August 16th, 2012 at 9:00:27 AM permalink

Let's try something: think of these kind of things going on with your daughter, or your wide, and tell me how awfully entertaining it seems then.

Typo of the day :)
rdw4potus
rdw4potus
  • Threads: 80
August 16th, 2012 at 9:04:21 AM permalink
Quote: DeMango

I'm thinking of the title of a Shakespeare play........

I can think of 5 that might apply...
"So as the clock ticked and the day passed, opportunity met preparation, and luck happened." - Maurice Clarett
weaselman
weaselman
August 16th, 2012 at 9:08:25 AM permalink
Quote: thecesspit

The point is, if you repeatedly told me to not call you "ferret" but I continued to do so, pointedly, and despite all your intentions not be seen as a ferret, you might get annoyed. Or YOU might not. But some other ferret, I mean weasel, might.

Right. I have repeatedly (at least twice) told everyone, that I want to be referred to as "Your Excellence". Now what?
Woldus
Woldus
August 16th, 2012 at 9:10:33 AM permalink

What I don't understand is how simply referring to a person in some way, different from how (s)he wants to be referred to is insulting.
I want people address me as "Your Excellence" (both words capitalized), or "His Excellence" if in third person, not "he" or "that guy" or "weaselman". Nobody does that. In fact, many people here keep referring to me as "Weasel", which is not even my nick name. Why isn't anyone getting banned over that? Think about it ... would you like to be called "a weasel"?

Your Excellency... I transgressed and I offer my most abject apologies. [Slowly bent at the waist with arm flourish]
thecesspit
thecesspit
August 16th, 2012 at 9:16:10 AM permalink

Right. I have repeatedly (at least twice) told everyone, that I want to be referred to as "Your Excellence". Now what?

Well now, it's up to you to decide how insulting it is for me to call you a ferret instead.
24Bingo
24Bingo
August 16th, 2012 at 9:23:54 AM permalink

Let's try something: think of these kind of things going on with your daughter, or your wife, and tell me how awfully entertaining it seems then.

None of us know what kinds of things these are, and from what petty things we've seen described in this thread with such terms as "abuse," "libel," and "bullying," and the fact that it's SOOPOO calling for a blanket declassification of PM's and HB essentially asking permission to tell only her own side, most of us I think suspect that we'd tell our wife or daughter, or anyone else, to grow a spine. And I hit this little drama ready to give her the benefit of the doubt.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
August 16th, 2012 at 9:43:00 AM permalink

I don't see why Soopoo should be let off

Nareed, others are saying I should be let off the bet, NOT ME! I have ALWAYS said I will honor the bet, as long as HB honors the terms. I EXPECT to be paying her, via Mike, On October17.

And, beliieve me or doubt me, I did not mean to use the 'he' word in the forum to disrespect you. I have never met you, and just naturally sometimes use the 'he' word without thinking too deeply. Recently 1BB and the Wiz did the same, and I am also sure no intentional disrespect was intended. Your discord with me started over my 'over inquisitiveness' about you, and I tried to apologize after realizing I hurt your feelings. As this occurred via pm, I will not disclose the details, as I took those 'conversations' to be private. So you can hate me if you want, but your hate is misplaced. As I have said in the pm's I sent to you, if you and I were sitting across a table over a few beers, this never would have happened, you probably would have just said something like 'none of your business!' and we would have moved on to discuss the Republican Vice Presidential candidate, or whatever.
RonC
RonC
August 16th, 2012 at 9:48:52 AM permalink

Nareed, others are saying I should be let off the bet, NOT ME! I have ALWAYS said I will honor the bet, as long as HB honors the terms. I EXPECT to be paying her, via Mike, On October17.

I am one of those others and I say it because she keeps on saying that SOOPOO is making her life misearable. He hasn't asked to be let out of the bet. I still think she shouldlet the bet go if he really is making things that bad.

Me thinks things aren't really all that bad and a couple of drama queens are making it much worse, but I've been wrong before.
Woldus
Woldus
August 16th, 2012 at 9:56:09 AM permalink

Look at it this way: then reward him for being a bully.

You're trying to have your cake and eat it, too, again. If SOOPOO's mere presence is enough to warrant police intervention than HB should do whatever it takes to stay the hell away from him. That's a two way street. She has all the power she needs by just not logging onto the forum. Let Mike handle the arrangements of the weigh-in (evidently he's the only real gentleman on here). Her safety is paramount...that may mean not taking SOOPOO's money if she wins so that he has no segue into her life.

I don't pretend to know or understand the challenges you've faced in your own life, and from what I've read you've done quite well for yourself. But I'm a little surprised that your council to HB isn't more along the lines of keeping away from him. It seems like his "fixation" with her is only fueled by keeping the bet alive, why not take the cautious path and cancel it? Wouldn't that be the prudent thing for a woman who has stated several times she's afraid to be in the same room with someone - even if others are present?

It's interesting that you assume I'm a man when gender recognition is so important to you.

I do have both a wife and a daughter - neither would allow themselves to become the center of such a clusterfuck.

I also think you've conveniently ignored the entire voluntary nature of this forum;
No one made HB make this bet in the first place.
No one made her post updates and pictures throughout.
No one asked for medical reports on her body seemingly falling apart...(in fact, I'd offer that she enjoyed the free advice of a doctor for the first 100 pages or so).
No one required her to inform us of her personal financial position, personal debt, her insufficient health insurance, unsatisfactory employment, her desire for breast enhancement donations and so on.
No one made her post about trips to vegas and cheating on her diet, going to a dance to show off her reduced figure, or about her efforts to have ER room visits covered under some sort of indigent program.

Yet any time someone has offered an opinion contrary to her worldview (250 lbs. is NOT "HOT" - empirical data is available) they have been swiftly labelled as "negative", a bully, unsupportive, acting like an abuser, despicable. Word pictures have been drawn of men "beating up on a woman". It seems to me if you posted side by side comparisons of the ugly things written it would be heavily weighted against her.

So, yes, it is entertaining. All voluntary, all able to be stopped by simply closing a web browser, surely her life is larger than an internet forum where people are actively "ganging up on her"?

SOOPOO has released Snooki from the PM restrictions. Let's air it all out.
weaselman
weaselman
August 16th, 2012 at 10:39:08 AM permalink
Quote: thecesspit

Well now, it's up to you to decide how insulting it is for me to call you a ferret instead.

And if I decide, that it is insulting, will you be banned?
The fact of the matter is, it is not up to me at all. It is up to Wizard to decide whether I am insulted or not, which is fine because this is his site, but only unless he cares about the appearance of objectiveness and fairness of his decisions.
If he does, it kinda makes them subject to a common sense test.
24Bingo
24Bingo
August 16th, 2012 at 10:43:23 AM permalink
I think pointedly referring to someone you know to be a transwoman as "he" fails the common sense test pretty badly.
weaselman
weaselman
August 16th, 2012 at 10:51:37 AM permalink

I think pointedly referring to someone you know to be a transwoman as "he" fails the common sense test pretty badly.

I don't understand your "common sense" at all I am afraid. I mean, I can see it as "not nice", but how in the world can it be considered insulting?
Look, if the "transwoman" calls me "stupid" in a PM, that is supposedly fine, because I cannot disclose that information according to the forum rules.
"Stalkerish" is not an insult, but "he" is. Is that common sense? Really?
Fine, what if SOOPOO called Nareed "heish"? Would that be ok according to your "common sense"?
AcesAndEights
AcesAndEights
  • Threads: 67
August 16th, 2012 at 11:18:13 AM permalink

Finally, she has tried to distance herself from Soopoo, but he won't take no for an asnwer.

I feel it necessary to point out that a few hours before you posted this (I don't believe the context is necessary but your original post is here), SOOPOO made this offer:

(Original post here).

I believe both parties should accept this offer as this drama is not helping anyone and is only entertainment at the basest levels. I say this as one who yesterday posted a popcorn .gif which I now kind of regret. The whole thing is sad really.

By making this post I am not trying to take SOOPOO's side or defend him, just pointing out that an offer for a "truce" was made. This doesn't make everything that happened in the past null and void, but SOOPOO has obviously taken no for an answer at this point in time.
"So drink gamble eat f***, because one day you will be dust." -ontariodealer
texasplumr
texasplumr
  • Threads: 13
August 16th, 2012 at 11:53:30 AM permalink

I know a guy pretty well who is transgender. Only, he went the other way. He used to be a she. But I did ask him how he wanted to be referred to and he told me "male". Yeah, he was born a she. But so far he has had the removal of his breasts done and is saving for the lower half. Whether I agree with what he is doing is not even relevant to him. And hell, if he is that committed then I'll call him whatever he wants to be called.

I was jokingly pointing out SOOPOO's slip up and did regret it later. But only because if my memory serves me right, and it sometimes doesn't, but someone was suspended in the past for doing just that. Maybe Jerry Logan, but I don't remember exactly. Anyway, I don't know their entire history but from what is public here on this forum, I don't think he meant any harm by that remark. Nareed may disagree, and she has every right. And she would be in a much better place to make that call.
Stupid is a choice
Mission146
Mission146
  • Threads: 142
August 16th, 2012 at 1:27:49 PM permalink
SOOPOO,

If you're in the mood to dispense with free medical advice:

If I am a 6'4", 216 pound male, and I consume roughly 1,400 calories per day...as a vegetarian...and consume 0 calories (except consuming alcohol once per week) in the form of beverages...what is the absolute Maximum of my calories intake that should come in the form of complex carbohydrates?

I am being literal about, "Absolute maximum," by the way. I love bread more than a person has any right to.

I don't know if this is relevant, but my last BP screening was when I donated last month (120/82) and my resting pulse is 82. My iron was 14, I think.

Thank you in advance, "No problem, thanks anyway," if you're not in the mood to do that.
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/gripes/11182-pet-peeves/120/#post815219
Nareed
Nareed
August 16th, 2012 at 1:36:37 PM permalink
Quote: Woldus

I do have both a wife and a daughter - neither would allow themselves to become the center of such a clusterfuck.

Maybe not. But the way you describe the road to HotBlonde's current situation is not how it happened.

Just as an example, she mentioned going to the ER for some reason, months back, and people were all over her about her personal finances. Many wondered if whe would honor the bet if she'd happened to lose. Really, all that, and more, was excessive. also, the moment she quits making updates because of the adverse comments about it, other people start pestering her to post them.
  • Jump to: