Thread Rating:

LuckyPhow
LuckyPhow
Joined: May 19, 2016
  • Threads: 50
  • Posts: 622
April 7th, 2020 at 12:30:46 PM permalink
Quote: TDVegas

you cannot allow smoking within the confines of the casino as we re open. Itís a non starter.



I always wonder why a 30-story resort hotel has 4 "smoking permitted" floors, but the casino allows smoking.

If everyone wears a mask, then smoking becomes impossible. Casinos could give a mask to any who need one. Then the casino could require all to wear masks so we all collectively protect each other. That, with other measures (sanitizing, social distance), may protect them enough. I expect the dealers will gladly enforce that rule, as long as it applies fairly to everyone.

Over time, more and more C-virus survivors -- they have have greater immunity after recovery, right? -- may feel safe when gambling. Eventually, masks may no longer be needed as society attains a more complete "herd immunity." Until then, no one knows whether or not they are a pre-symptom virus carrier. I know I'd feel safer in a masked casino.
darkoz
darkoz
Joined: Dec 22, 2009
  • Threads: 226
  • Posts: 6382
April 7th, 2020 at 12:50:52 PM permalink
Quote: LuckyPhow

I always wonder why a 30-story resort hotel has 4 "smoking permitted" floors, but the casino allows smoking.

If everyone wears a mask, then smoking becomes impossible. Casinos could give a mask to any who need one. Then the casino could require all to wear masks so we all collectively protect each other. That, with other measures (sanitizing, social distance), may protect them enough. I expect the dealers will gladly enforce that rule, as long as it applies fairly to everyone.

Over time, more and more C-virus survivors -- they have have greater immunity after recovery, right? -- may feel safe when gambling. Eventually, masks may no longer be needed as society attains a more complete "herd immunity." Until then, no one knows whether or not they are a pre-symptom virus carrier. I know I'd feel safer in a masked casino.



So what happens with free alcohol?

People will need to drop their masks while imbibing
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
bobbartop
bobbartop
Joined: Mar 15, 2016
  • Threads: 122
  • Posts: 2525
April 7th, 2020 at 12:54:37 PM permalink
Quote: jjjoooggg

I didnt start it. Someone else brought it up.




Beg your pardon, I think you did. I brought up the Chinese Communist Party, and how they lie, and how they murder, and how this whole shut down is on them, entirely appropriate to this topic. Suddenly Flea Stiff stuck his nose in the conversation, and you started talking about the Indians. That's the way I saw it.
'Emergencies' have always been the pretext on which the safeguards of individual liberty have been eroded.
darkoz
darkoz
Joined: Dec 22, 2009
  • Threads: 226
  • Posts: 6382
April 7th, 2020 at 1:14:54 PM permalink
Quote: bobbartop

Beg your pardon, I think you did. I brought up the Chinese Communist Party, and how they lie, and how they murder, and how this whole shut down is on them, entirely appropriate to this topic. Suddenly Flea Stiff stuck his nose in the conversation, and you started talking about the Indians. That's the way I saw it.



Well let's just stay on topic. Derailments sometimes are fluid and one doesn't realize they're gone off the rails.

That said, NJ has just extended their health protocol for an additional 30 more days

I believe that includes business closures.

If true, Atlantic City won't be open before May 7th
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
TDVegas
TDVegas
Joined: Oct 30, 2018
  • Threads: 0
  • Posts: 448
April 7th, 2020 at 1:43:22 PM permalink
Quote: darkoz

Well let's just stay on topic. Derailments sometimes are fluid and one doesn't realize they're gone off the rails.

That said, NJ has just extended their health protocol for an additional 30 more days

I believe that includes business closures.

If true, Atlantic City won't be open before May 7th


The questions should be asked and answered by officials. What are the parameters that you will open business? Generic answers wonít suffice. They should give some hard answers where they are comfortable opening.

The public should know and frankly officials should be transparent.

Without transparency we are all left hanging economically. Thatís stress enough alone....an unknown.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
Joined: Aug 8, 2010
  • Threads: 108
  • Posts: 6675
April 7th, 2020 at 2:06:58 PM permalink
Quote: Wizard

Travelocity is taking Vegas hotel reservations at many properties, including the Venetian, starting May 1.



But I'm guessing with the 'no penalty if you cancel at any time' caveat?
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 221
  • Posts: 11616
April 7th, 2020 at 2:12:51 PM permalink
Quote: LuckyPhow

If casinos are accepting reservations next month, t expect they will reopen the instant some government authority says it's OK. Like TD, I have wondered about changes casinos might institute when they reopen. Anything might happen.

Roger Snow, SrVP at Scientific Games, has a few suggestions of his own for what might be the New Normal. (He even admits how dumb it will look if he gets it all wrong.) Snow suggests these possibilities:

  • Casinos will disinfect (or wash) casino chips.
  • Cameras will automatically sense body temperature of guests as they arrive.
  • Some dealers and other casino staff will wear masks, possibly with corporate branding. Gamblers may wear "fashion" masks.
  • Slots will be positioned to enforce social distancing.
  • Buffets will NEVER return to your or any casinos.

According to Snow, this may be your New Normal.



Within a few months it will be old normal. Buffets might not reopen right off, but they will be back. Don't think casinos will not keep slots as jammed in as possible.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
billryan
billryan
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 165
  • Posts: 8834
April 7th, 2020 at 2:21:02 PM permalink
Quote: darkoz

Agreed



Do you really need a thread to know a casino is closed, and there is no realistic date they might reopen.
Is it better to keep the thread on the first page or let it fade away?
darkoz
darkoz
Joined: Dec 22, 2009
  • Threads: 226
  • Posts: 6382
April 7th, 2020 at 2:34:40 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

Do you really need a thread to know a casino is closed, and there is no realistic date they might reopen.
Is it better to keep the thread on the first page or let it fade away?



I believe updates are important
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
rxwine
rxwine
Joined: Feb 28, 2010
  • Threads: 163
  • Posts: 9500
April 7th, 2020 at 2:38:00 PM permalink
If casinos opened and said you can only come in with a hazmat suit, would you show up?

I've no shame, I probably would. As long as it's the cheap paper suit version. I mean, what the hell difference does it make?

I'd prefer to wear a plastic face shield than a mask though.

Gloves really aren't necessary to tell the truth. YOu just have to wash your hands. Gloves still have the germs all over them, as do hands.
Quasimodo? Does that name ring a bell?

  • Jump to: