Thread Rating:

bobbartop
bobbartop
  • Threads: 133
  • Posts: 2595
Joined: Mar 15, 2016
April 4th, 2020 at 9:08:04 PM permalink
I don't think they will. I keep getting emails from the casinos I play at, first it was "the end of March", then "the middle of April", then "the end of April", I can't see things going back to normal, period.

I can't say what I think and why, because of our new "no politics" rule, but there is so much happening, it's not just a virus. And it wasn't no damn bats either.

Please, call me paranoid, call me a nutcase. I SO want that to be true. I would be very happy if it turns out that I am a nutcase. Unfortunately, I'm a serious student of the history of the Chinese Communist Party who just happens to like poker and video poker. I wish the worst thing I had to worry about was 2 BB an hour or monthly bounceback.

Good luck.
'Emergencies' have always been the pretext on which the safeguards of individual liberty have been eroded.
sabre
sabre
  • Threads: 3
  • Posts: 1172
Joined: Aug 16, 2010
April 4th, 2020 at 9:12:45 PM permalink
I agree. I think it was pangolins.
Keyser
Keyser
  • Threads: 35
  • Posts: 2112
Joined: Apr 16, 2010
April 4th, 2020 at 9:17:02 PM permalink
Quote: sabre

I agree. I think it was pangolins.



Nope, Horseshoe Bat.
bobbartop
bobbartop
  • Threads: 133
  • Posts: 2595
Joined: Mar 15, 2016
Thanked by
Wishuponacomet
April 4th, 2020 at 9:52:20 PM permalink
Quote: Keyser

Nope, Horseshoe Bat.



Smart bats. They fly 900 miles straight from their caves to China's only Level 4 microbiology lab, the National Biosafety Laboratory, part of the Wuhan Institute of Virology.
'Emergencies' have always been the pretext on which the safeguards of individual liberty have been eroded.
TDVegas
TDVegas
  • Threads: 3
  • Posts: 1186
Joined: Oct 30, 2018
April 4th, 2020 at 11:55:53 PM permalink
Quote: bobbartop

I don't think they will. I keep getting emails from the casinos I play at, first it was "the end of March", then "the middle of April", then "the end of April", I can't see things going back to normal, period.


Hoping for May 1.....but I’m highly skeptical it happens.

As each closure day goes by, Vegas grows closer to an economic meltdown of the population. 60,000 laid off from MGM. Untold thousands more from other casinos and the business tentacles related to those closures that spread across the valley.

We better get back to work as soon as humanly possible. The damage could take years and years to recover. Even then, some damage will be permanent.
bobbartop
bobbartop
  • Threads: 133
  • Posts: 2595
Joined: Mar 15, 2016
April 5th, 2020 at 12:08:35 AM permalink
Quote: TDVegas

Hoping for May 1.....but I’m highly skeptical it happens.




What if your favorite casino does in fact open on May 1st, and other people go in there and start playing. Will you be among them?
'Emergencies' have always been the pretext on which the safeguards of individual liberty have been eroded.
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
  • Posts: 29023
Joined: Jul 18, 2010
April 5th, 2020 at 12:46:59 AM permalink
Quote: bobbartop

What if your favorite casino does in fact open on May 1st, and other people go in there and start playing. Will you be among them?



I can see old ladies playing slots, but
the table games with their filthy germ
laden chips not so much. I'm going to
wear disposable plastic gloves. 100
pair for $6.
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
ChumpChange
ChumpChange
  • Threads: 122
  • Posts: 4986
Joined: Jun 15, 2018
April 5th, 2020 at 12:52:40 AM permalink
4 billion people are on lockdown. It could be awhile before 10 million people die each day. Maybe a couple months, especially in the USA.

Lombardy, Italy is just hitting the apex of their curve and they've been on lockdown for nearly a month. So NYC is betting they'll hit their apex of the curve because of the lockdown in 10-20 days. There's still a long ways down from the apex, and there may be no path down with regions stuck at the top of the curve for awhile.

China is opening itself up to crowds again. Simple observation says they will spike from zero cases in 10 days, severely.
Marcusclark66
Marcusclark66
  • Threads: 33
  • Posts: 1140
Joined: Mar 26, 2020
Thanked by
onenickelmiracleAxelWolfbobbartop
April 5th, 2020 at 3:12:40 AM permalink
Quote: ChumpChange



China is opening itself up to crowds again. Simple observation says they will spike from zero cases in 10 days, severely.



The country of China lies. It's a proven fact it is basically the same as Cuba, Cambodia and North Korea, the previous Germany as well as Russia. You can believe what you want to believe but China is definitely lying.

They are lying about the total dead and they lied about so many other things in relationship to this disease.
Marcus Clark. Real Person; AKA MarcusClark66. *Professional Casino Security Expert. *Certified EMT *Certified Company Firearms Instructor. *Certified Gaming Regulations Interpreter for Corporate Applications. *Domestic UrbanTactical Combat Casualty Expert. *Tic-Tac-Toe Expert (Real Competitive Versions) & Mastering Chess. *Honorary & Official #1 Fan of the MDawg Adventures Club. *Mastering Cracking it. Bit-by-Bit, Piece-by-Piece Crediting Forum Members. *Certified Casino Property Entry & Exit Point Analyzer *Baccarat Winning Session Record: 12 out of 12 & 1 out of 1 Mini Session. Baccarat Losing Session Record: 2 Losing Sessions.
ChumpChange
ChumpChange
  • Threads: 122
  • Posts: 4986
Joined: Jun 15, 2018
Thanked by
Marcusclark66
April 5th, 2020 at 3:28:14 AM permalink
International borders won't reopen until a safe vaccine is widely available. In the meantime, we'll be in the boomtown of a depression bust.

Every US state will be insolvent and shutdown on July 1st, 2020 unless they get massive bailouts.
Last edited by: ChumpChange on Apr 5, 2020
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 242
  • Posts: 14163
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
April 5th, 2020 at 5:08:55 AM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

I can see old ladies playing slots, but
the table games with their filthy germ
laden chips not so much. I'm going to
wear disposable plastic gloves. 100
pair for $6.



Then you will touch yourself with the dirty gloves.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
agmau
agmau
  • Threads: 0
  • Posts: 3
Joined: Feb 20, 2019
April 5th, 2020 at 8:28:23 AM permalink
In Europe the situation is even worst
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
  • Posts: 29023
Joined: Jul 18, 2010
April 5th, 2020 at 9:46:24 AM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

Then you will touch yourself with the dirty gloves.



Nope, that's the whole point. No
touching of the face when gloves
are on..
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
TDVegas
TDVegas
  • Threads: 3
  • Posts: 1186
Joined: Oct 30, 2018
April 5th, 2020 at 9:58:43 AM permalink
Quote: bobbartop

What if your favorite casino does in fact open on May 1st, and other people go in there and start playing. Will you be among them?


Good question. My instinct tells me we have got to get back to some kind of normalcy. Social and economic.

If “afraid to go” becomes part of our everyday thought process....then we are doomed until a vaccine arrives. That’s not until 2021.

Yes....I’ll go back in, as the alternative of living as we currently are is frankly not living. It’s simply survive mode until this ends.

I would like to see changes in the casino if even for the short term. No smoking, for one. Continue minimal social distance guidelines.

If there are continued outbreaks after we open....I shutter to think of the damage coming to this country as we close, open, close.

Intolerable situation.
bobbartop
bobbartop
  • Threads: 133
  • Posts: 2595
Joined: Mar 15, 2016
April 5th, 2020 at 10:29:02 AM permalink
Quote: Marcusclark66

The country of China lies. It's a proven fact it is basically the same as Cuba, Cambodia and North Korea, the previous Germany as well as Russia. You can believe what you want to believe but China is definitely lying.

They are lying about the total dead and they lied about so many other things in relationship to this disease.




When you murder 60 million people in a twenty year period to consolidate your rule, assume there is no moral code. Mao was the biggest murderer mankind has ever seen.
'Emergencies' have always been the pretext on which the safeguards of individual liberty have been eroded.
TDVegas
TDVegas
  • Threads: 3
  • Posts: 1186
Joined: Oct 30, 2018
April 5th, 2020 at 11:32:04 AM permalink
Government controlled media. Social media lock down. A country with a history of not being open and honest with the rest of the world.

And we wonder if their reporting is accurate?

I have no idea if the numbers coming out of China are accurate, close to accurate or completely inaccurate.

Their current set up allows for nothing to be taken “at word” and there really is no means or method to confirm it.
Keyser
Keyser
  • Threads: 35
  • Posts: 2112
Joined: Apr 16, 2010
April 5th, 2020 at 4:02:10 PM permalink
Quote: bobbartop

Smart bats. They fly 900 miles straight from their caves to China's only Level 4 microbiology lab, the National Biosafety Laboratory, part of the Wuhan Institute of Virology.



Nope, sloppy worker or student. I've also read that there aren't any horseshoe bats within 900 km. (Psst..I think it's KM not miles.) I also read that they did study those specific bats and that virus in that laboratory. I suspect the worker or student was sloppy, perhaps got the blood/guts/etc on their hands directly and some how became infected in that manner. I don't believe that it was purposefully engineered, just that someone at the facility was unintentionally infected. The cover up by the Chinese looks VERY Chernobyl like. Watching the spin by the communists is almost hypnotic. They literally took over the topic and wrote the script for the MSNBC coverage and control the social influencing. (Chernobyl is a fascinating documentary to watch and should be mandatory viewing in high schools and college. )
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
  • Posts: 14484
Joined: Oct 19, 2009
April 5th, 2020 at 4:19:27 PM permalink
Quote: bobbartop

Mao was the biggest murderer mankind has ever seen.

So what? He had nothing to do with the virus. TRY to stay on point.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 242
  • Posts: 14163
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
April 5th, 2020 at 4:58:05 PM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

Then you will touch yourself with the dirty gloves.



Then you could just not touch your face without gloves.

I will not be playing BJ with gloves or a mask.

Dean Martin would not play with gloves or a mask.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 122
  • Posts: 11153
Joined: Aug 8, 2010
April 5th, 2020 at 5:05:17 PM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman



I will not be playing BJ with gloves or a mask.



I will not ride a motorcycle with a helmet on.
I will not drive a car with a seatbelt on.
I will not let someone tell me I can't have a cigarette with my beer.

Until the government says so....

Now, correct, maybe YOU won't play BJ with a mask or gloves, but if the Health Department mandates it, youthen are not allowed to play BJ.
bobbartop
bobbartop
  • Threads: 133
  • Posts: 2595
Joined: Mar 15, 2016
April 5th, 2020 at 5:35:23 PM permalink
Quote: FleaStiff

So what? He had nothing to do with the virus. TRY to stay on point.




Maybe you should follow the point. Which was, that communists lie all the time, it is their nature, it is their foundation. There should be no surprise that an organization that murdered 60 million to gain control of the country during the first twenty years of their power would also lie all the time, as I said, there is no moral code, obviously. The same people in power now are directly descendant from Mao. It's the same monsters. What is your trip?
'Emergencies' have always been the pretext on which the safeguards of individual liberty have been eroded.
bobbartop
bobbartop
  • Threads: 133
  • Posts: 2595
Joined: Mar 15, 2016
April 5th, 2020 at 5:41:23 PM permalink
Quote: Keyser

I suspect the worker or student was sloppy, perhaps got the blood/guts/etc on their hands directly and some how became infected in that manner. I don't believe that it was purposefully engineered, just that someone at the facility was unintentionally infected.



You're guessing, as am I. One thing for sure, the CCP is bent on world domination, and that is not a guess. By any means necessary.
'Emergencies' have always been the pretext on which the safeguards of individual liberty have been eroded.
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
  • Posts: 29023
Joined: Jul 18, 2010
Thanked by
jjjoooggg
April 5th, 2020 at 5:42:05 PM permalink
I wore the gloves around the house for a couple of hours and never touched my face once because I don't want to because I'm wearing gloves. It's like in the winter when I drive and wear gloves I never touch my face, it feels too weird.
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
Vegasrider
Vegasrider
  • Threads: 88
  • Posts: 963
Joined: Dec 23, 2017
Thanked by
tringlomaneTDVegas
April 5th, 2020 at 6:56:39 PM permalink
Unfortunately, there will be a new normal. Getting on a commercial flight now vs pre-911 has changed. Remember the days when you didn’t have to have a ticket to go to the gate or not having to take your shoes off going thru security assuming you don’t have TSA PC. The wearing masks and social distancing will be here to stay unless they can come up with a vaccine. This will be the new normal for a while.

I also wouldn’t be surprised if casinos band smoking entirely. If there is any chance to do that, now is the perfect time for all casinos to implement this once they are allowed to re-open. Again, another new normal.
jjjoooggg
jjjoooggg
  • Threads: 34
  • Posts: 1155
Joined: Jul 13, 2012
April 5th, 2020 at 6:57:51 PM permalink
Swine flu came from north america

https://www.cdc.gov/h1n1flu/information_h1n1_virus_qa.htm?fbclid=IwAR3eV6Tq_Y9qF7IB8-wYvdr0QulEgdaF-7KYVrfIPBrqJUh1nDO-2zf-Oj0

Many universities store viruses. I was told this after the anthrax terrorism

https://www.washingtonpost.com/education/2020/03/21/major-universities-suspend-most-lab-research-not-into-coronavirus/?outputType=amp&fbclid=IwAR01sPwfVYYBPQJIFqLdWgQdkJoTzCNXY4Xn9VoSXkOeJimwTfpulhlOxJA

The wuhan oct 2019 world games had every country’s military there. It could have been anyone

https://www.defense.gov/Explore/Spotlight/CISM-Military-World-Games/fbclid/IwAR0YJCfkcRSOcXUZoJzDIf1YGql3t2qO5zCGXIwfsdYagHSNjZo8iPnLS3s/#.XoonFXbimhE.facebook

Season 1 episode 5 conspiracy Theory predicted an intentional pandemic with nasal vaccines. A nasal vaccine is in trial
Born in Texas and lived in Texas my whole life.
jjjoooggg
jjjoooggg
  • Threads: 34
  • Posts: 1155
Joined: Jul 13, 2012
April 5th, 2020 at 10:18:37 PM permalink
Quote: bobbartop

When you murder 60 million people in a twenty year period to consolidate your rule, assume there is no moral code. Mao was the biggest murderer mankind has ever seen.



https://www.theatlantic.com/national/archive/2016/05/the-buffalo-killers/482349/

The British killed 100 million native Indians through conventional combat, starvation by killing buffalos and Biowarfare.
1763:
“We gave them two blankets and a handkerchief out of the smallpox hospital,” Captain William Trent of the garrison militia wrote in his journal. “I hope it will have the desired effect.”
“Under orders from British General Jeffrey Amherst, the commander of Fort Pitts gave the attacking Indian chiefs, with whom he was negotiating, blankets from the small pox hospital. It was a pioneering effort at what is now called biological warfare.” Howard Zinn, “A People’s History of the United States.” 87% of the native indians died to diseases.
Born in Texas and lived in Texas my whole life.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 242
  • Posts: 14163
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
April 6th, 2020 at 3:48:43 AM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

I will not ride a motorcycle with a helmet on.
I will not drive a car with a seatbelt on.
I will not let someone tell me I can't have a cigarette with my beer.

Until the government says so....

Now, correct, maybe YOU won't play BJ with a mask or gloves, but if the Health Department mandates it, youthen are not allowed to play BJ.



Then I would not play. Most would not under those conditions. I don't see such a mandate coming.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 298
  • Posts: 11637
Joined: Dec 22, 2009
April 6th, 2020 at 4:12:57 AM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

Then I would not play. Most would not under those conditions. I don't see such a mandate coming.



Casinos will fight against any conditions where faces can be covered inside their premises.

Might be good for AP's though
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
LVJackal
LVJackal
  • Threads: 4
  • Posts: 88
Joined: Jun 1, 2010
Thanked by
AxelWolf
April 6th, 2020 at 4:42:24 AM permalink
Quote: darkoz

Casinos will fight against any conditions where faces can be covered inside their premises.

Might be good for AP's though



Casinos will do what it takes to open, mask or monkey suit, so long as cards are dealt.
Mosca
Mosca
  • Threads: 191
  • Posts: 4140
Joined: Dec 14, 2009
April 6th, 2020 at 6:30:39 AM permalink
Quote: bobbartop

What if your favorite casino does in fact open on May 1st, and other people go in there and start playing. Will you be among them?



If I was AP, absolutely. It's my income stream.

As a casual player, no. I'm thinking August, if EVERYTHING goes right.
A falling knife has no handle.
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
  • Posts: 16282
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
April 6th, 2020 at 8:41:55 AM permalink
Quote: jjjoooggg

https://www.theatlantic.com/national/archive/2016/05/the-buffalo-killers/482349/

The British killed 100 million native Indians through conventional combat, starvation by killing buffalos and Biowarfare.
1763:
“We gave them two blankets and a handkerchief out of the smallpox hospital,” Captain William Trent of the garrison militia wrote in his journal. “I hope it will have the desired effect.”
“Under orders from British General Jeffrey Amherst, the commander of Fort Pitts gave the attacking Indian chiefs, with whom he was negotiating, blankets from the small pox hospital. It was a pioneering effort at what is now called biological warfare.” Howard Zinn, “A People’s History of the United States.” 87% of the native indians died to diseases.

The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
  • Posts: 16282
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
Thanked by
bobbartop
April 6th, 2020 at 8:44:40 AM permalink
There weren't 100 million natives living in the New World in the Colonial era and it's doubtful many British soldiers ever saw a Buffalo, let alone slaughtered them with black powder single shot muskets.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
TDVegas
TDVegas
  • Threads: 3
  • Posts: 1186
Joined: Oct 30, 2018
April 6th, 2020 at 9:24:32 AM permalink
Quote: Vegasrider

I also wouldn’t be surprised if casinos band smoking entirely. If there is any chance to do that, now is the perfect time for all casinos to implement this once they are allowed to re-open. Again, another new normal.


Yep...but casinos won't ban it. The edict will come down in a formal government order much like the edict to shut down casinos.

Has to happen. With already compromised lungs and a disease that further destroys them and requires ventilators...cities like Vegas risk having smoking tourists (and locals) who catch it while within the confines of the casino floor, then they need hospitalization and ventilators. They aren't going home to get treated. It's still a contagious disease once the doors re open.

They will effectively overwhelm the hospital system here. Can't have it.

It's gonna happen. Changes are coming to the casino environment regardless of what people think is a "no way it's happening" statement. Watch.

Once a vaccine is developed...the question to allow it will be revisited. Then it will become a political backbone question. Let's see if Sisolak is truly concerned with people as he states "people health trumps economic health"....or he caves in to hypocrisy.

I don't think people are quite yet grasping the societal norms that are going to change once we re open our economy. It's not "going back to what it was". If it eventually does...it's years into the process.
Last edited by: TDVegas on Apr 6, 2020
TigerWu
TigerWu
  • Threads: 26
  • Posts: 5718
Joined: May 23, 2016
Thanked by
bobbartop
April 6th, 2020 at 9:29:14 AM permalink
There were about 750 million people in the entire world in the 18th century. The population of North America went from about 1 million to 10 million during that time.

Source
boymimbo
boymimbo
  • Threads: 17
  • Posts: 5994
Joined: Nov 12, 2009
April 6th, 2020 at 10:28:57 AM permalink
I am guessing casinos will open in early June after CA and NV lift their personal distancing restrictions.

I think face masks will be optional and that tables will have to allow it. I don’t think smoking rules will be affected.

Attendance will be way down... I would say by 60 or 70 percent and major conventions will cease until there is a vaccine. This means that whole casinos may be open, many restaurants relying on convention attendees (think Mandalay Bay) might be shuttered.

I believe that the major properties might open a few properties at a time until demand starts to increase.

But I think it will be 18 months until things are ‘back to normal’
----- You want the truth! You can't handle the truth!
Keyser
Keyser
  • Threads: 35
  • Posts: 2112
Joined: Apr 16, 2010
April 6th, 2020 at 11:00:28 AM permalink
I like the idea of wearing face masks in casinos.



1. It will help with the nasty smoke and bad breath from the smokers.
2. It will make facial identification more difficult and annoy the hell out of casino surveillance.


It people are going to the trouble of wearing face masks then they really should cover their eyes as well.
jjjoooggg
jjjoooggg
  • Threads: 34
  • Posts: 1155
Joined: Jul 13, 2012
April 6th, 2020 at 11:03:15 AM permalink
Quote: TigerWu

There were about 750 million people in the entire world in the 18th century. The population of North America went from about 1 million to 10 million during that time.

Source



Some sources say over 100 million native Indians. . Some say a few million.

https://uwpress.wisc.edu/books/0289.htm
Born in Texas and lived in Texas my whole life.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 214
  • Posts: 12413
Joined: Feb 28, 2010
April 6th, 2020 at 11:04:09 AM permalink
Quote: boymimbo



I think face masks will be optional and that tables will have to allow it.



IMO, A casino with 24/7 cameras, really doesn't need to see the face all the time, just tell the person to pull it away from the face for a moment after they sit down at a table to get a clear shot. Tell the person to hold their breath if they're concerned during that moment.

Someone who comes in to rob a casino already needs to wear a mask before entering, because they walk in any entrance without one, they will be on video.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
Keyser
Keyser
  • Threads: 35
  • Posts: 2112
Joined: Apr 16, 2010
April 6th, 2020 at 11:08:03 AM permalink
There were maybe 750,000. Indians.
jjjoooggg
jjjoooggg
  • Threads: 34
  • Posts: 1155
Joined: Jul 13, 2012
April 6th, 2020 at 11:11:18 AM permalink
Quote: Keyser

There were maybe 750,000. Indians.



https://uwpress.wisc.edu/books/0289.htm

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/history/where-the-buffalo-no-longer-roamed-3067904/
Born in Texas and lived in Texas my whole life.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 214
  • Posts: 12413
Joined: Feb 28, 2010
April 6th, 2020 at 11:24:27 AM permalink
Quote: jjjoooggg

https://uwpress.wisc.edu/books/0289.htm

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/history/where-the-buffalo-no-longer-roamed-3067904/



I saw that bison skull pile, wow. (next to impossible to believe those animals were even close to being used for anything but massive rot)

There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
  • Posts: 16282
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
Thanked by
tringlomane
April 6th, 2020 at 11:24:58 AM permalink
Quote: jjjoooggg

Quote: TigerWu

There were about 750 million people in the entire world in the 18th century. The population of North America went from about 1 million to 10 million during that time.

Source



Some sources say over 100 million native Indians. . Some say a few million.

https://uwpress.wisc.edu/books/0289.htm



Your link says there were six and a half million Natives living in America in 1650.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
TDVegas
TDVegas
  • Threads: 3
  • Posts: 1186
Joined: Oct 30, 2018
April 6th, 2020 at 11:28:18 AM permalink
Quote: boymimbo

I don’t think smoking rules will be affected.


If so, then all the politicians are hypocrites with statements about “lives mean more than money”.
jjjoooggg
jjjoooggg
  • Threads: 34
  • Posts: 1155
Joined: Jul 13, 2012
April 6th, 2020 at 11:34:40 AM permalink
Quote: billryan

Quote: jjjoooggg

Quote: TigerWu

There were about 750 million people in the entire world in the 18th century. The population of North America went from about 1 million to 10 million during that time.

Source



Some sources say over 100 million native Indians. . Some say a few million.

https://uwpress.wisc.edu/books/0289.htm



Your link says there were six and a half million Natives living in America in 1650.



That’s 6 mil left in 1650. The Indian conflict lasted 400 years after 1492. Indians were still being killed in 1870
Born in Texas and lived in Texas my whole life.
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
  • Posts: 16282
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
Thanked by
tringlomane
April 6th, 2020 at 1:02:41 PM permalink
Quote: jjjoooggg

https://www.theatlantic.com/national/archive/2016/05/the-buffalo-killers/482349/

The British killed 100 million native Indians through conventional combat, starvation by killing buffalos and Biowarfare.
1763:
“We gave them two blankets and a handkerchief out of the smallpox hospital,” Captain William Trent of the garrison militia wrote in his journal. “I hope it will have the desired effect.”
“Under orders from British General Jeffrey Amherst, the commander of Fort Pitts gave the attacking Indian chiefs, with whom he was negotiating, blankets from the small pox hospital. It was a pioneering effort at what is now called biological warfare.” Howard Zinn, “A People’s History of the United States.” 87% of the native indians died to diseases.



The British barely left the coasts in the hundred and fifty years, give or take a few, they controlled their colonies.
They didn't kill 100 million native Indians. By all accounts, there were more Indians in what would become the USofA in 1783 than there were in 1607. In Canada, the British treated Indians much better than our American government did.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 242
  • Posts: 14163
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
April 6th, 2020 at 1:10:07 PM permalink
Quote: rxwine

IMO, A casino with 24/7 cameras, really doesn't need to see the face all the time, just tell the person to pull it away from the face for a moment after they sit down at a table to get a clear shot. Tell the person to hold their breath if they're concerned during that moment.

Someone who comes in to rob a casino already needs to wear a mask before entering, because they walk in any entrance without one, they will be on video.



Robbing it how? Smash and grab cheques or cash? This is the kind of crook who deserves to get caught, getaway is near impossible.

As others have said, the masks will help the crossroaders and pass-posters. Anyone in the Griffin Book. I doubt anyone in the official Black Book would bother.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 214
  • Posts: 12413
Joined: Feb 28, 2010
April 6th, 2020 at 1:22:09 PM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

Robbing it how? Smash and grab cheques or cash? This is the kind of crook who deserves to get caught, getaway is near impossible.



Small casinos can get robbed pretty easily compared to big ones. Like the Longhorn in vegas. It's only 30 steps to cashier's cage. Usually only one security guard. Just sayin' Not sayin' it's a good way to stay free.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 298
  • Posts: 11637
Joined: Dec 22, 2009
April 6th, 2020 at 1:43:20 PM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

Robbing it how? Smash and grab cheques or cash? This is the kind of crook who deserves to get caught, getaway is near impossible.

As others have said, the masks will help the crossroaders and pass-posters. Anyone in the Griffin Book. I doubt anyone in the official Black Book would bother.



Casinos often allow criminal robbery perps to escape. They prefer the police to investigate than risk patron or employees being hurt if a crime is being committed.

Someone shot during a casino robbery leaves them open to lawsuit. By saying they didn't antagonize the criminals into violence they have a defense.

Masks will prohibit police identification
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 242
  • Posts: 14163
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
April 6th, 2020 at 2:25:04 PM permalink
Quote: rxwine

Small casinos can get robbed pretty easily compared to big ones. Like the Longhorn in vegas. It's only 30 steps to cashier's cage. Usually only one security guard. Just sayin' Not sayin' it's a good way to stay free.



I am sure some could, but generally their size and location are great defenses. In the end it is like robbing a bank. An experienced crew can do it, but there is so much security better to hit a softer target. Hit the armored car that picks up from the grocery store.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
petroglyph
petroglyph
  • Threads: 19
  • Posts: 3360
Joined: Jan 3, 2013
April 6th, 2020 at 4:06:47 PM permalink
Quote: TigerWu

There were about 750 million people in the entire world in the 18th century. The population of North America went from about 1 million to 10 million during that time.

Source

"When considering population estimates by world region, it is worth noting that population history of the indigenous peoples of the Americas before the 1492 voyage of Christopher Columbus has proven difficult to establish, with many historians arguing for an estimate of 50 million people throughout the Americas, and some estimating that populations may have reached 100 million people or more.[32] It is therefore estimated by some that populations in Mexico, Central, and South America could have reached 37 million by 1492.[33] Additionally, the population estimate of 2 million for North America for the same time period represents the low end of modern estimates, and some estimate the population to have been as high as 18 million.[34]"

Your link, my bold. How were Africans counted?
  • Jump to: