onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
  • Threads: 208
March 15th, 2020 at 6:16:53 AM permalink
Toilet paper is just something everybody needs. People don't have a real good grasp on how much they use in the month or two. They don't know how much they can use, certainly not something you want to be with out for a couple weeks. I've got plenty enough just cuz I keep on ordering it from Amazon Prime. I literally didn't know what we had and I thought an extra package wasn't too bad and it wind-up up going pretty crazy. We didn't rush to buy whole lot of food, there's enough food in every house normally for people to eat for weeks. It is just that people don't like that much, and you might not be able to have a lot. Eventually will eat cat food then I'll eat the cats. Or they'll eat us.
In the land of the blind, the man with one eye is the care taker. Hold my beer.
Face
Administrator
Face
  • Threads: 49
Thanks for this post from:
odiousgambit
March 15th, 2020 at 7:32:01 AM permalink
Quote: onenickelmiracle

Toilet paper is just something everybody needs.

But it's completely NOT. And even if it were, wtf is wrong with y'all's buttholes that you need palets?

Food, water, air and shelter, not s@#$paper. Add a gallon of bleach, a pint of Moxifish, and a box of 5.56 and you should be set til winter.
The opinions of this moderator are for entertainment purposes only.
Suited89
Suited89
  • Threads: 2
March 15th, 2020 at 8:05:14 AM permalink
Local Grocery stores and W-Mart:

Paper goods, bottled water, frozen foods, canned fruit, peanut butter, cleaning agents all vanishing rapidly.
The "wierd" one is yogurt of any kind. All yogurt does is restore gut bacteria. Go figure. Consumer medical gloves, powdered milk, cereal, and bread also depleting, not as fast as others.

The big question is, "Should we wear gloves when retrieving and sorting the snail-mail from the box?" Now theres one from left-field.

Isolation protocol for 14 days is the main reason.

Regards
Suited89
some people need to reimagine their thinking
ThatDonGuy
ThatDonGuy
  • Threads: 95
March 15th, 2020 at 8:24:46 AM permalink
Quote: smoothgrh

I was at the grocery store last night and based on the pasta section, it appears that people would rather die than survive on whole wheat spaghetti!

I have had whole wheat spaghetti. I am not surprised. Whole wheat lasagne and anything used in mac & cheese (e.g. elbows, rotini) are fine, but anything where you can't get sauce over all of the pasta, no.

Quote: smoothgrh

At my local store, Arrowhead water was the last remaining brand. It confirmed my opinion that itís the worst-tasting bottled water of all the major brands.

But...but...it's the Pope's water! Seriously, when Pope Francis had a mass in Philadelphia in 2015, when they showed his flight leaving, he was seen through a window of his plane with a bottle of Arrowhead.

Something else I learned that day; it took 15 minutes for his plane to get from the terminal to in the air - without having to wait for any planes in front of his. Remember that the next time it seems like they're taking a long time with your flight.
Face
Administrator
Face
  • Threads: 49
March 15th, 2020 at 8:26:32 AM permalink
Quote: Suited89

The big question is, "Should we wear gloves when retrieving and sorting the snail-mail from the box?" Now theres one from left-field.

Friendly neighborhood postal carrier here. My claims of it being here "in 2 days" have been confirmed. We have it.

There's been zero official communication about it at work, not a peep of halting service. There's no sinks in the LLV. I just contacted 475 of your neighbors and 5 local businesses before dumping you your Reader's Digest and crate of Charmin. There's zero chance of me wearing gloves, and I'm not putting alcohol on bare hands in 20* weather else I'll crack and bleed on everything.

Not left field. Treat mail like hazmat.
The opinions of this moderator are for entertainment purposes only.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 221
March 15th, 2020 at 8:27:11 AM permalink
Quote: Suited89

Local Grocery stores and W-Mart:

Paper goods, bottled water, frozen foods, canned fruit, peanut butter, cleaning agents all vanishing rapidly.
The "wierd" one is yogurt of any kind. All yogurt does is restore gut bacteria. Go figure. Consumer medical gloves, powdered milk, cereal, and bread also depleting, not as fast as others.

Yogurt helps make you feel full. Good smoothie additive. I agree not what the masses will go for, but if enough people think that way boom.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 165
March 15th, 2020 at 9:25:48 AM permalink
Itís already warm and sunny enough here that stashing money in a closed car should kill anything on it. Not in sight of course.
Quasimodo? Does that name ring a bell?
FatGeezus
FatGeezus
  • Threads: 7
March 15th, 2020 at 9:46:38 AM permalink
Quote: Wizard

:-). We could all use a sense of humor right now.

When I was in Basic Training the Drill Instructor told us that when we went to Vietnam toilet paper would be very scarce. He then demonstrated to us how you could wipe your a$$ with only one (1) sheet of toilet paper!!!
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 423
March 15th, 2020 at 9:49:59 AM permalink
Quote: onenickelmiracle

Toilet paper is just something everybody needs. People don't have a real good grasp on how much they use in the month or two.

What? Most people know exactly how
much TP they go thru because they've
been buying it all their adult lives. I
know, my wife knows, her sisters know.
But they're very brand loyal and if
that's threatened they will empty the
shelves of it.
"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal
smoothgrh
smoothgrh
  • Threads: 63
March 15th, 2020 at 11:04:56 AM permalink
Quote: FatGeezus

When I was in Basic Training the Drill Instructor told us that when we went to Vietnam toilet paper would be very scarce. He then demonstrated to us how you could wipe your a$$ with only one (1) sheet of toilet paper!!!

My high school friend visited Russia in 1985 for an educational trip, and the main thing I remember from her trip report is that public bathrooms give you only one sheet of toilet paper. I could not conceive how wiping could be done properly with one.

• Jump to: