March 14th, 2020 at 9:10:49 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

Just dilute the alcohol 50%
with water and rub down all
bills with a cotton ball. Way
better germ killer than washing
them.

Now you tell me. :-)
'Emergencies' have always been the pretext on which the safeguards of individual liberty have been eroded.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1336
Thanks for this post from:
smoothgrhIndyJeffrey
March 14th, 2020 at 9:18:28 PM permalink
Quote: smoothgrh

I was at the grocery store last night and based on the pasta section, it appears that people would rather die than survive on whole wheat spaghetti!

:-). We could all use a sense of humor right now.
It's not whether you win or lose; it's whether or not you had a good bet.
smoothgrh
smoothgrh
  • Threads: 65
petroglyph
March 14th, 2020 at 9:18:42 PM permalink
Quote: bobbartop

I don't know where I saw this recently, probably somewhere on Twitter. All the bottled water in a store was sold out, except there was still a pallet of Coca-Cola's Dasani brand bottled water. I know I don't drink it.

At my local store, Arrowhead water was the last remaining brand. It confirmed my opinion that itís the worst-tasting bottled water of all the major brands.
vegas
vegas
  • Threads: 18
March 14th, 2020 at 9:39:31 PM permalink

Gosh, that sucks. Kiss the rent money goodbye, that's the least of your worries. Do you have friends, family, back home that can/would share food? Stay healthy, and consider yourself lucky.

Yes lots of family back home. I have a brother who is in Florida and he is also heading home. It will still be cold back home but spring is coming.....I hope
50-50-90 Rule: Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there is a 90% probability you'll get it wrong
bobbartop
bobbartop
  • Threads: 124
March 14th, 2020 at 9:51:35 PM permalink
Quote: smoothgrh

At my local store, Arrowhead water was the last remaining brand. It confirmed my opinion that itís the worst-tasting bottled water of all the major brands.

That's strange. Here I would say it is the first brand to buy for people who don't price-shop. I regularly buy Arrowhead, for myself, and for my cats and dogs. I'm stocked up, a little bit, but decided the "kids" are going to be drinking tap for now, and "Dad" is going to drink the Arrowhead.

For awhile, when money and annoyance was no object, I was buying some different water online. Did you ever see the clip on Fiuggi water? Excellent water. Of course, it's from Italy.

Which reminds me, I eat a lot of garlic, for health reasons. Several years ago we started importing major amounts of garlic, FROM CHINA. I won't buy it. I want local garlic, or garlic from Gilroy, which is becoming difficult to buy. And now, how ironic, that I would have to buy garlic from CHINA, to stay healthy. Insane. I ain't gonna do it.
'Emergencies' have always been the pretext on which the safeguards of individual liberty have been eroded.
bobbartop
bobbartop
  • Threads: 124
March 14th, 2020 at 9:53:29 PM permalink
Quote: vegas

Yes lots of family back home. I have a brother who is in Florida and he is also heading home. It will still be cold back home but spring is coming.....I hope

Good to hear. I sincerely wish you best.
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 424
bobbartop
March 14th, 2020 at 9:53:33 PM permalink
Just saw a video of an old guy
shopping a Kmart in Tennessee
today and the shelves were not
stripped at all. They were bare
in spots but there were few
customers and nobody was
hoarding.

My theory is the more upscale
the neighborhood the more
money people have to blow
on hoarding. My Walmart was
stripped bare to the bone today
and I live in the most affluent
area we have. The Kroger this
guy was at is in a poor part of
the state.

I'm calling around tomorrow to
see if the other Walmarts got
stripped this weekend.
"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal
smoothgrh
smoothgrh
  • Threads: 65
March 14th, 2020 at 11:29:52 PM permalink

That's strange. Here I would say it is the first brand to buy for people who don't price-shop. I regularly buy Arrowhead, for myself, and for my cats and dogs. I'm stocked up, a little bit, but decided the "kids" are going to be drinking tap for now, and "Dad" is going to drink the Arrowhead.

For awhile, when money and annoyance was no object, I was buying some different water online. Did you ever see the clip on Fiuggi water? Excellent water. Of course, it's from Italy.

Which reminds me, I eat a lot of garlic, for health reasons. Several years ago we started importing major amounts of garlic, FROM CHINA. I won't buy it. I want local garlic, or garlic from Gilroy, which is becoming difficult to buy. And now, how ironic, that I would have to buy garlic from CHINA, to stay healthy. Insane. I ain't gonna do it.

I remember that years ago some coworkers were having a bottled water taste test and the only one we could pick out consistently was the Arrowheadóbecause it tasted bad. Maybe itís different now? They can change the mineral additives they use for flavor, so maybe itís possible it tastes better now.
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 172
March 15th, 2020 at 1:37:19 AM permalink
My local Safeway was sold out of their 1.99 for 24 16.9 bottles, but had plenty of
$4.29 27.5 bottles. Liquor was running low, as was spaghetti sauces.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 221
March 15th, 2020 at 5:48:51 AM permalink

Got another bright idea when I got home. I usually carry a wad of cash with me in my pants pocket, basically for video poker purposes. Of course, the cash is the nastiest germ-infested thing you can touch. So I took the wad, mostly benjamins, and tossed them in the washing machine. Detergent, a little bleach, it's spinning as I type. We'll see how that turns out. Hopefully ok, then I'll throw them in the dryer.

I do not know if it is still true or not but in the 80s I remember reading that the USA was then the only country that sprayed its bills with an anti-bacterial at printing.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others

• Jump to: