Thread Rating:

Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1493
July 28th, 2022 at 6:45:46 AM permalink
Quote: smoothgrh

I watched this show quite often as a lad, but the years have been tough on the memory!

1. True or false – A young Alice Cooper played the role of Eddie Haskell?
FALSE
8. What was the Beaver’s first name?
THEODORE
10. Actor Ken Osmond, who played Eddie Haskell, went onto what profession after his time as a child actor?
POLICE OFFICER
11. Who was Beaver’s tattletale classmate who frequently got him into trouble?
Oooh, um, Lumpy?
12. The second episode “Captain Jack,” was the first episode in American history to show what?
Oooh, I think it was a toilet?

link to original post

Those are all correct, except #11.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
July 28th, 2022 at 6:46:32 AM permalink
Quote: Gialmere

I am, however, a space buff.

Sputnik launch

link to original post

Correct!
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
July 28th, 2022 at 6:51:28 AM permalink
Quote: ChesterDog

False
2. The show premiered on October 4, 1957. What other notable event happened that day?
???
3. What was the name of the town the show took place in?
???
4. What state was said town in?
???
5. What two-word phrase was used many times on the show to describe people or things in a positive way?
???
6. What was arguably June Cleaver’s most famous quote?
"Ward, try not to be too hard on the Beaver."
7. What was the name of Beaver’s classmate who was frequently mentioned, but never seen?
???
Theodore
9. What was Wally’s first name (it wasn’t Wally)?
???
10. Actor Ken Osmond, who played Eddie Haskell, went onto what profession after his time as a child actor?
California Highway Patrolman
???
12. The second episode “Captain Jack,” was the first episode in American history to show what?
a bathroom
13. What was the name of Wally’s girlfriend, who he eventually marries?
???
14. What was the name of Beaver’s school?
???
15. What was the name of Beaver’s second grade teacher, whom he had a crush on?
Miss Landers
16. What was June’s maiden name?
???
17. How did Beaver get that nickname?
When he tried to say his own name Theodore, it sounded like "Beaver."
18. What was the name of the fireman?
???
19. What was the name of the 1983 reunion show?
???
20. What significant change happened between seasons two and three?
???

link to original post

1. Correct
6. That's not what I was looking for, but maybe that was another popular catch phrase.
10. Close. I'll give you 3/4 of a point.
12. Close again. Can you be more specific for full credit?
15. No. She was a different teacher, not the one Beaver had a crush on.
17. You're on the right track, but wrong person. I'll give you 1/2 a point.
smoothgrh
smoothgrh
  • Threads: 87
July 28th, 2022 at 7:32:59 AM permalink
I read some trivia, and apparently the show's second episode was supposed to be its first, but the studio had to reach a compromise with censors to show what — at the time – was forbidden.
momarc
momarc
  • Threads: 0
July 28th, 2022 at 10:46:28 AM permalink
Quote: Wizard

link to original post

I am really curious about your evidence for this one. Your email suggested California due to references to surfboards and the beach, but I was wondering if there was anything else to suggest that state. I figured it was an eastern state due to one episode where the Beav was talking with a friend on a park bench and decided they would get moving once they saw a car with "New Jersey plates". This suggests it wasn't New Jersey but also wasn't a state thousands of miles away either, making a border state like New York or Pennsylvania most likely.

Or maybe it was a situation like Hill Street Blues that deliberately gave conflicting evidence of the show's setting in order to imply the show could take place anywhere.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 122
July 28th, 2022 at 10:54:31 AM permalink
Quote: DRich

Quote: smoothgrh

"Jive-ass dude don't got no brains anyhow! Shiiiiit." (Oh wait, that was Barbara Billingsley's character in "Airplane!")

Maybe the greatest movie ever made.
link to original post

I’ve said that! I don’t often agree with friend DRich…. But Airplane has SO MANY memorable scenes/lines that it IS the best movie of all time!
gordonm888
Administrator
gordonm888
  • Threads: 60
July 28th, 2022 at 11:41:22 AM permalink

Actually it was a Reunion movie: Still the Beaver.

I only would have been able to answer 2 other questions, but they've both been answered already.

So many better men, a few of them friends, are dead. And a thousand thousand slimy things live on, and so do I.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
Thanked by
momarc
July 28th, 2022 at 12:27:33 PM permalink
Quote: momarc

link to original post

I am really curious about your evidence for this one. Your email suggested California due to references to surfboards and the beach, but I was wondering if there was anything else to suggest that state. I figured it was an eastern state due to one episode where the Beav was talking with a friend on a park bench and decided they would get moving once they saw a car with "New Jersey plates". This suggests it wasn't New Jersey but also wasn't a state thousands of miles away either, making a border state like New York or Pennsylvania most likely.

Or maybe it was a situation like Hill Street Blues that deliberately gave conflicting evidence of the show's setting in order to imply the show could take place anywhere.
link to original post

An argument could also be made for Ohio and Wisconsin. My answer to the question was that it was never stated. The part that came after that was just my own opinion and was meant in humor. Good observation though on the NJ plates.
ChesterDog
ChesterDog
  • Threads: 8
July 28th, 2022 at 1:47:02 PM permalink

False
2. The show premiered on October 4, 1957. What other notable event happened that day?
???
???
???
5. What two-word phrase was used many times on the show to describe people or things in a positive way?
???
7. What was the name of Beaver’s classmate who was frequently mentioned, but never seen?
???
Theodore
???
???
a bathroom
???
???
Miss Landers
???
???
???
???

link to original post

1. Correct
6. That's not what I was looking for, but maybe that was another popular catch phrase.
link to original post

I'll change to Miss Cathcart from Miss Landers.

I'll be more specific: the porcelain water tank for the toilet. (By the way, I remember laughing out loud when Ward explained to June after he was bitten by the kids' alligator that it wasn't so much a bite as a sawing, which was just as Captain Jack described how alligators eat.)
avianrandy
avianrandy
July 31st, 2022 at 8:40:04 AM permalink
My apologies if this has been mentioned,but they said on radio this morning Burt metcalfe producer of MASH TV show died July 27 he was 87. I tried putting asterisks in MASH but got formatting error
avianrandy
avianrandy
July 31st, 2022 at 10:17:18 AM permalink
My apologies if this has been mentioned,but they said on radio this morning Burt metcalfe producer of MASH TV show died July 27
avianrandy
avianrandy
July 31st, 2022 at 1:43:26 PM permalink
I guess I am going to have to quit listening to radio. They just announced Nichelle Nichols lieutenant Uhara 89. Natural causes
smoothgrh
smoothgrh
  • Threads: 87
July 31st, 2022 at 8:23:15 PM permalink
Quote: avianrandy

I guess I am going to have to quit listening to radio. They just announced Nichelle Nichols lieutenant Uhara 89. Natural causes
link to original post

I love Nichelle Nichols's life story, especially her impact on American television and the space program. However, If any news outlets report that she was involved in the "first interracial kiss on American television," that history is more nuanced that what's often stated.
Last edited by: smoothgrh on Jul 31, 2022
rsactuary
rsactuary
  • Threads: 29
August 8th, 2022 at 12:38:22 PM permalink
I'm hearing that Olivia Newton-John passed today, but not seeing anything on formal news channels yet.

ETA: https://www.cnn.com/2022/08/08/entertainment/olivia-newton-john-obit/index.html
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 86
August 8th, 2022 at 1:10:12 PM permalink
Quote: rsactuary

I'm hearing that Olivia Newton-John passed today, but not seeing anything on formal news channels yet.

ETA: https://www.cnn.com/2022/08/08/entertainment/olivia-newton-john-obit/index.html
link to original post

I wonder if she went to Xanadu?
At my age, a "Life In Prison" sentence is not much of a deterrent.
gordonm888
Administrator
gordonm888
Thanked by
ams288
August 8th, 2022 at 2:24:07 PM permalink

R.I.P. Olivia Newton John
So many better men, a few of them friends, are dead. And a thousand thousand slimy things live on, and so do I.
bobbartop
bobbartop
  • Threads: 133
August 8th, 2022 at 4:15:34 PM permalink
T.C., from Magnum P.I., dead at 83. Roger Earl Mosley. Was the helicopter pilot in Magnum. Hard to believe, Magnum ran from '80 to '88.
'Emergencies' have always been the pretext on which the safeguards of individual liberty have been eroded.
DogHand
DogHand 
  • Threads: 2
August 9th, 2022 at 4:55:54 AM permalink

False
???
???
???
???
???
Theodore
???
???
a bathroom
???
???
Miss Landers
???
???
???
???

link to original post

1. Correct
link to original post

I'll change to Miss Cathcart from Miss Landers.

I'll be more specific: the porcelain water tank for the toilet. (By the way, I remember laughing out loud when Ward explained to June after he was bitten by the kids' alligator that it wasn't so much a bite as a sawing, which was just as Captain Jack described how alligators eat.)

link to original post

Wiz,

Have you posted a definitive list of answers for your Leave It to Beaver trivia yet?

Dog Hand
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
August 9th, 2022 at 6:54:31 AM permalink
Quote: DogHand

Wiz,

Have you posted a definitive list of answers for your Leave It to Beaver trivia yet?

Dog Hand
link to original post

No. Thanks for the reminder. Here, again, are the questions:

6. What was arguably June Cleaver’s most famous catch phrase?

1. False. This urban legend seems to stem from an Alice Cooper quote in which he said he was Eddie Haskell as a kid. He evidently meant he was like him in personality.
2. The Soviet launch of Sputnik.
3. Mayfield.
4. The show never specified, but California is my best guess, based on conversations about surfboards and going to the beach. Arguments have also been made for Wisconsin and Ohio, but I think the preponderance of the evidence points to California.
5. “Real neat.”
6. “Ward, I’m worried about the Beaver.”
7. Angela Valentine
8. Theodore
9. Wallace
10. He became a police officer with the Los Angeles Police Department
11. Judy Hensler
12. A toilet
13. Mary Ellen Rogers
14. Grant Avenue Grammar School
15. Miss Canfield
16. Bronson
17. Wally, I assume when Beaver was still a baby, couldn’t pronounce Theodore.
18. Gus
19. Still the Beaver
20. The Cleavers got a new home.
EdCollins
EdCollins
  • Threads: 20
Thanked by
Wizard
August 12th, 2022 at 1:28:05 PM permalink
Since hearing of Olivia's passing, it's been a terribly sad week for me... and I didn't even know her. I can't imagine what all of her friends and family are going through.

Although I never got a chance to meet her, I was a huge fan of hers.

I had a poster of hers hanging up in my bedroom wall, as a teenager.
I was there when she received her star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame, back in August of 1981.
I was there to see her in concert, at the Universal Amphitheatre, for her Physical Tour, in October of '82. (I got to see her twice!)

My personalized CA license for many years was "ONJ 4EVR." (It was a gift from a friend, but I was happy to have it on my car. Few people knew what it meant, so I had a personalized frame made for it, which read, "I LOVE OLIVIA NEWTON-JOHN.")

I have no less than 13 of her albums. (Vinyl) 14 albums if I include the Grease soundtrack and a few more albums more if we are counting CDs.

For three or four months each year, her Xanadu movie poster hangs above my fireplace. (I rotate this poster every few months, with a few other movie posters I own.)

And yea, although I never got a chance to meet her, I was very fortunate one evening to to meet and chat with her sister Rona.

From '83-'84 I was the manager of a very small movie theater on Hollywood Blvd. Back then there were a half dozen or more theaters on the Blvd (most of which are closed now) and my theater was one of the smallest. Because we were the smallest theater, we really didn't get very many good, first-run movies. And yet, who should show up to see a movie one night but Rona and her then husband, Jeff Conaway!

The TV Series "Taxi" was a big hit back then and Jeff was quite the star. All of my female employees enjoyed chatting with Jeff, and getting his autograph. Well, I could not have cared less about Jeff. I had been a fan of Olivia's for years, and since I knew I might never meet her, chatting with her lovely sister for a few minutes was certainly the next best thing. She gave me her autograph which I still have to this day.

While I was chatting with her, Jeff, who was just a few yards away, looked over at me and gave me a little smile. I think it was to say, "Thank you" for showing some interest in Rona. Back then (and now) few people knew Rona by sight or recognized her as Olivia's sister. (I'm not sure how I knew of her... no internet back then, of course.) And I think he enjoyed that someone was showing some interest in Rona for a change, instead of himself. Of course, this is just conjecture on my part, but that's the impression I got at the time.

So yea, hearing of Olivia's passing has been very sad for me. To say I was a fan of hers was certainly an understatement.

A whole bunch of my friend and family reached out to me this past Monday, including some friends of who I hadn't heard from in years! They said I was the very first person they thought of, when they heard she died. Yea, I suppose I never made it a secret that I liked her, but I honestly didn't think so many of my friends remembered that.

As it just so happens, my friend Jennifer lives just a few miles from her ranch home in the Santa Ynez Valley. I was already planning on visiting Jennifer next weekend. I really want to drive by her ranch home just to see it... just to see the place where Olivia spent her final days... but I also want to respect the privacy of John and Chloe and the rest of her family, and so for that reason I will stay away.

Like many others, we're all gonna miss you, Livvy. Thanks for the memories.

SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 122
August 12th, 2022 at 2:20:50 PM permalink
Anne Heche. Drug and alcohol addled, she plowed into a house, and eventually died due to her injuries incurred. I am just happy she didn’t kill anyone else. We are going to have to hear she was a great mother, great woman, great actress, etc. Apparently she was really a great risk to society.
MDawg
MDawg
  • Threads: 39
August 12th, 2022 at 3:12:16 PM permalink
I did like her in Donnie Brasco, mostly because I liked the film itself I suppose.

In general when someone we did not know personally dies tragically, there is a sort of pathos that happens, either a sort of "There but for the grace of God go I," or, "I'm glad I never got mixed up in that sort of thing." With the latter might come a kind of "What was that person thinking!" reflection.
Last edited by: MDawg on Aug 12, 2022
I tell you it’s wonderful to be here, man. I don’t give a damn who wins or loses. It’s just wonderful to be here with you people. https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/gambling/betting-systems/33908-the-adventures-of-mdawg/
DRich
DRich
August 12th, 2022 at 3:32:46 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

Anne Heche. Drug and alcohol addled, she plowed into a house, and eventually died due to her injuries incurred. I am just happy she didn’t kill anyone else. We are going to have to hear she was a great mother, great woman, great actress, etc. Apparently she was really a great risk to society.
link to original post

Not surprising, but I had never heard of her until she plowed into a house.
MDawg
MDawg
August 12th, 2022 at 3:41:28 PM permalink
She called Ellen DeGeneres a "money hungry bitch" after she walked away from their relationship, which from what many have said about Ellen, she was right about villainizing her. I recall a slot machine with Ellen's pic all over it, but that was before all the bad press came out.

Looks like the person whose house was hit by Anne Heche's car has raised $110K so far via a GoFundMe set up for her.
I tell you it’s wonderful to be here, man. I don’t give a damn who wins or loses. It’s just wonderful to be here with you people. https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/gambling/betting-systems/33908-the-adventures-of-mdawg/
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
Thanked by
EdCollins
August 12th, 2022 at 7:07:29 PM permalink
Ed, that was a great post. So good that I have no good cross talk. Thank you for sharing your thoughts on ONJ.
ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 22
August 12th, 2022 at 8:17:16 PM permalink
Quote: MDawg

She called Ellen DeGeneres a "money hungry bitch" after she walked away from their relationship, which from what many have said about Ellen, she was right about villainizing her. I recall a slot machine with Ellen's pic all over it, but that was before all the bad press came out.

Looks like the person whose house was hit by Anne Heche's car has raised $110K so far via a GoFundMe set up for her.
link to original post

Ellen is apparently one of the meanest people in Hollywood.
Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
MDawg
MDawg
August 13th, 2022 at 8:37:41 AM permalink
Actually, they found no alcohol in Heche's blood. Also, she bought a red wig about twenty minutes before the crash and the wig shop owner snapped a pic with her and stated that she did not seem impaired in any way.

They did find traces of cocaine and fentanyl in her blood, but whether that was ingested right before the crash or was residue from earlier use, may never be known. Nowadays many street drugs are adulterated with fentanyl, or fentanyl might have been given to her at the hospital.

She was observed driving recklessly (at a high speed) just before the first crash.

R.I.P.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 212
August 13th, 2022 at 9:46:03 AM permalink
The speed she's going on that residential street is ridiculous. (nearly at the end of this ring doorbell video)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0M9J8QAMfA

It's like a jet plane going by.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
MDawg
MDawg
August 13th, 2022 at 10:11:15 AM permalink
With these sorts of things, reckless driving might lead to criminal charges, but even careful at the speed limit driving under the influence is illegal.

So, when someone driving the speed limit say hits a bicyclist who is ten feet out of the bike lane in the path of traffic, the under the influence becomes the issue, otherwise, no charges at all might stand.
avianrandy
avianrandy
August 28th, 2022 at 5:32:51 PM permalink
I heard on the radio today the partial ashes and dna of Nicole Nichols,James Doohan,Gene Roddenberry and his wife will soon be launched in to deep space and scattered. They also stated you can have it done also with minimum, cost starting at $12,000. This was on a tech radio show I heard this.
BillHasRetired
BillHasRetired
  • Threads: 5
September 9th, 2022 at 6:53:27 PM permalink
Unnoticed in the death of the Queen was the death of Bernard Shaw, CNN anchor from 1980 until 2001. (He did stints at CBS from 1971-77 and ABC from 1977-1980). He might not have been super famous or a celebrity, but he was in households most nights of the week, if you were into CNN news.

Every man's (and woman's) death diminishes me.
ChumpChange
ChumpChange 
  • Threads: 111
September 9th, 2022 at 9:26:28 PM permalink
Early reports are that Burning Man turned into a COVID-19 Superspreader Event. It was an outdoor event.

I can't imagine large public gatherings in London for Royal attention will be anything but a COVID-19 superspreader event. I'd suggest putting London on COVID Lockdown for the next two weeks as a precautionary measure.

What's this? The king-to-be is shaking hands with large crowds of well-wishers?

In belated celebrity deaths...
William Henry Harrison was an American military officer and politician who served as the ninth president of the United States. Harrison died just 31 days after his inauguration in 1841, and had the shortest presidency in United States history.
Harrison died at 12:30 a.m. on April 4, 1841, Palm Sunday, nine days after becoming ill and exactly one month after taking the oath of office; he was the first president to die in office. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Henry_Harrison
Last edited by: ChumpChange on Sep 9, 2022
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 240
September 10th, 2022 at 2:41:08 AM permalink
Quote: ChumpChange

Early reports are that Burning Man turned into a COVID-19 Superspreader Event. It was an outdoor event.

We hear this about every big event. Please stay on topic.
Last edited by: AZDuffman on Sep 10, 2022
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
ChumpChange
ChumpChange 
September 10th, 2022 at 4:04:19 AM permalink
Do bands play at Burning Man?
The Burning Man event is very different from other festivals or events you may have attended. We don't book DJs, bands, speakers or entertainment. All entertainment is provided free of charge to our community by our participants or through participant-driven theme camps.
gordonm888
Administrator
gordonm888
October 4th, 2022 at 9:35:07 PM permalink
Rest In Peace, Loretta Lynn.

Gialmere
Gialmere
  • Threads: 44
October 11th, 2022 at 2:13:22 PM permalink

Actress Angela Lansbury died this morning at her home in Los Angeles. She was 96. No cause of death was stated but her family announced she went peacefully in her sleep.

In addition to her lengthy Broadway career, she also appeared in over 70 films including: Gaslight (1944), National Velvet (1944), The Picture of Dorian Gray (1945), Samson and Delilah (1949), The Court Jester, (1955), The Long, Hot Summer (1958), Blue Hawaii (1961), The Manchurian Candidate (1962), Mame (1966), Bedknobs and Broomsticks (1971), Death on The Nile (1978), Anastasia (1997), Nanny McPhee (2005) and Mary Poppins Returns (2018).

She's best known, however, for playing crime-solving, mystery writer Jessica Fletcher in the TV drama, Murder, She Wrote, from 1984-1996. And, to her younger fans, voicing the character of Mrs. Potts along with singing the title song in the Disney film Beauty and the Beast (1991).

Have you tried 22 tonight? I said 22.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 240
October 11th, 2022 at 2:47:52 PM permalink
Quote: Gialmere

Actress Angela Lansbury died this morning at her home in Los Angeles. She was 96. No cause of death was stated but her family announced she went peacefully in her sleep.

In addition to her lengthy Broadway career, she also appeared in over 70 films including: Gaslight (1944), National Velvet (1944), The Picture of Dorian Gray (1945), Samson and Delilah (1949), The Court Jester, (1955), The Long, Hot Summer (1958), Blue Hawaii (1961), The Manchurian Candidate (1962), Mame (1966), Bedknobs and Broomsticks (1971), Death on The Nile (1978), Anastasia (1997), Nanny McPhee (2005) and Mary Poppins Returns (2018).

She's best known, however, for playing crime-solving, mystery writer Jessica Fletcher in the TV drama, Murder, She Wrote, from 1984-1996. And, to her younger fans, voicing the character of Mrs. Potts along with singing the title song in the Disney film Beauty and the Beast (1991).

Never saw "Murder She Wrote" but a client had it on once. In Buffalo. Setting for the show was Buffalo. They were talking about streets just a few blocks over. (Near Intersection of Clinton and Jones for locals. For non-locals yes, that is a place!) Had to keep reminding myself it had nothing to do with why I was there. Weird.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
October 11th, 2022 at 4:52:00 PM permalink
Angela Lansbury was a fairly hot babe in her twenties.

"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
ChumpChange
ChumpChange 
November 5th, 2022 at 7:17:52 PM permalink
Aaron Carter reported dead at 34 https://nypost.com/2022/11/05/aaron-carter-reported-dead-at-34/
His final tweet was to Kanye West. “Yo Kanye let’s talk… man to man,” he posted Nov. 3.
Sources told the outlet Carter was discovered in his bathtub after a 911 call was made about a drowning.
DRich
DRich
November 6th, 2022 at 5:22:05 AM permalink
Quote: ChumpChange

Aaron Carter reported dead at 34 https://nypost.com/2022/11/05/aaron-carter-reported-dead-at-34/
His final tweet was to Kanye West. “Yo Kanye let’s talk… man to man,” he posted Nov. 3.
Sources told the outlet Carter was discovered in his bathtub after a 911 call was made about a drowning.
link to original post

So, you are saying that Kanye killed Carter while they were bathing together?
ChumpChange
ChumpChange 
November 6th, 2022 at 10:12:12 AM permalink
Kanye be stealth and that's the only clue.
YouTube is catching up with Aaron Carter's troubled life. I was unaware of any of this.

Aaron Carter's Request To Kanye Takes On New Meaning After Death - YouTube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17558OmIgLY
Inside Aaron Carter's Relationship With His Twin Sister Angel - YouTube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sfh1exIEICU
Leslie Carter dead at 25 (2012) - YouTube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTu5z6JunYE
The Most Devastating Claims Aaron Carter Has Ever Made About His Family -
YouTube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25mAy5k17SM
Last edited by: ChumpChange on Nov 6, 2022
EdCollins
EdCollins
  • Threads: 20
November 11th, 2022 at 10:18:30 AM permalink
Comedian Gallagher has passed away. He was 76.

I enjoyed his comedy. Back in the '80s me and a buddy saw him in Vegas, at the Sands I think, and after the show our stomachs hurt, literally, from laughing so hard.

Just two nights ago I was re-watching a portion of one of his comedy specials. Unlike most others, I didn't really care for his sledge-o-matic routine. That part of the act I could have passed on. But I liked everything else he did.
DRich
DRich
November 11th, 2022 at 10:22:42 AM permalink
Quote: EdCollins

Comedian Gallagher has passed away. He was 76.

I enjoyed his comedy. Back in the '80s me and a buddy saw him in Vegas, at the Sands I think, and after the show our stomachs hurt, literally, from laughing so hard.

Just two nights ago I was re-watching a portion of one of his comedy specials. Unlike most others, I didn't really care for his sledge-o-matic routine. That part of the act I could have passed on. But I liked everything else he did.
link to original post

I never saw Gallagher live but an underappreciated Vegas comedian that reminds me of him is Carrot Top.
TigerWu
TigerWu
  • Threads: 26
November 11th, 2022 at 11:11:55 AM permalink
I liked watching Gallagher stand-up shows on TV back in the late '80s and early '90s. I think it was VH1 that reran his stuff a lot. Thought he was kind of funny, but not mind-blowing, then I just forgot about him for a couple decades.

A few years ago I looked up what he was doing, and was kind of disappointed to learn he had become a huge racist P.O.S.

Or maybe he had always been like that, I don't know.
avianrandy
avianrandy
November 12th, 2022 at 9:15:22 PM permalink
Can anyone confirm Michael j fox died November 5 22 age 61
rsactuary
rsactuary
Thanked by
avianrandy
November 12th, 2022 at 9:47:25 PM permalink
Wiki is not updated, nor is there the standard warning that the person had just died and not all info may be accurate. So i would say false.
Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
  • Threads: 16
November 14th, 2022 at 12:24:41 PM permalink
Merhan Karimi Nasseri, aka 'Lord Alfred', has died.

https://www.npr.org/2022/11/12/1136307777/the-terminal-movie-merhan-karimi-nasseri-dies-paris-airport

He lived in the Charles de Gaulle airport for 18 years, inspiring the movie "The Terminal".
May the cards fall in your favor.
ChumpChange
ChumpChange 
November 15th, 2022 at 11:35:55 PM permalink
RT: Jimmy Fallon @jimmyfallon - Elon, can you fix this? #RIPJimmyFallon

#RIPJimmyFallon is trending and the jokes write themselves to 6 feet under.
Elon will likely write back that, no, he won't do anything about it.
gordonm888
Administrator
gordonm888
Thanked by
avianrandy
November 16th, 2022 at 9:59:17 AM permalink
To be clear, the actor Michael J. Fox is not dead. Just another hoax on internet celebrity sites.
rsactuary
rsactuary
December 14th, 2022 at 9:57:01 AM permalink
tWitch has died at the age of 40.

I know someone who knew him and in their instagram post suggested that this was a suicide, but nothing has been officially stated.
  • Jump to: