Thread Rating:

Hunterhill
Hunterhill
Joined: Aug 1, 2011
  • Threads: 50
  • Posts: 2010
June 13th, 2021 at 10:32:52 PM permalink
The most recent I remember him from is Shooter. That was with Mark Wahlberg as a sniper, and Danny Glover
The mountain is tall but grass grows on top of the mountain.
EvenBob
EvenBob
Joined: Jul 18, 2010
  • Threads: 434
  • Posts: 25333
June 14th, 2021 at 1:24:33 AM permalink
Quote: Gialmere

Here's a famous scene he was in...



Dueling Banjos was a mega hit. And it wasn't even two banjos.
"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal
gordonm888
Administrator
gordonm888
Joined: Feb 18, 2015
  • Threads: 54
  • Posts: 3619
June 14th, 2021 at 2:49:01 PM permalink
I was just looking at Ned Beatty's filmography on IMDB. He has 165 credits. He was always a good actor, so for a time he was appeared in lots of movies.

Didn't realize he was in
- Exorcist II: The Heretic
- All the President's Men
- Nashville
- Toy Story 3 (vocal)
- Silver Streak
- Life and Times of Judge Roy Bean
- Roseanne TV Series (He played Roseanne's Dad!)
- 1941

in addition to Deliverance and the first two Superman films.

I hope he's in Heaven, if he went to Hell I suspect that he's squealing like a pig.
So many better men, a few of them friends, are dead. And a thousand thousand slimy things live on, and so do I.
DRich
DRich
Joined: Jul 6, 2012
  • Threads: 80
  • Posts: 8541
June 14th, 2021 at 8:00:39 PM permalink
Quote: gordonm888

I was just looking at Ned Beatty's filmography on IMDB. He has 165 credits. He was always a good actor, so for a time he was appeared in lots of movies.

Didn't realize he was in
- Exorcist II: The Heretic
- All the President's Men
- Nashville
- Toy Story 3 (vocal)
- Silver Streak
- Life and Times of Judge Roy Bean
- Roseanne TV Series (He played Roseanne's Dad!)
- 1941

in addition to Deliverance and the first two Superman films.

I hope he's in Heaven, if he went to Hell I suspect that he's squealing like a pig.



I saw a picture of him today and don't recognize him at all. I don't know if I ever saw anything he was in.
Order from chaos
EvenBob
EvenBob
Joined: Jul 18, 2010
  • Threads: 434
  • Posts: 25333
June 14th, 2021 at 8:18:39 PM permalink
Quote: DRich

I saw a picture of him today and don't recognize him at all. I don't know if I ever saw anything he was in.



You have no idea what you're missing.
"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal
Keeneone
Keeneone
Joined: Aug 16, 2014
  • Threads: 21
  • Posts: 1422
June 14th, 2021 at 9:16:38 PM permalink
Beatty was great. I remember him from the Superman movies and of course the "squeal like a pig" scene from Deliverance. I also remember him distinctly for his curly hair and even some of his roles in some 80's films. Films like The Incredibly Shrinking Woman and The Toy.
The Toy trailer:
Gialmere
Gialmere
Joined: Nov 26, 2018
  • Threads: 42
  • Posts: 2326
Thanks for this post from:
smoothgrh
June 21st, 2021 at 8:53:36 PM permalink
Frank Bonner dies at 79.

It's strange. Now that the cast of WKRP is dying of old age, I suddenly feel a cold chill on the back of my neck.

Have you tried 22 tonight? I said 22.
bobbartop
bobbartop
Joined: Mar 15, 2016
  • Threads: 130
  • Posts: 2564
June 22nd, 2021 at 4:10:57 AM permalink
Also McHale's Navy.
'Emergencies' have always been the pretext on which the safeguards of individual liberty have been eroded.
DRich
DRich
Joined: Jul 6, 2012
  • Threads: 80
  • Posts: 8541
June 22nd, 2021 at 7:38:30 AM permalink
Quote: bobbartop

Also McHale's Navy.



I know that show was very corny, but I really liked it. I will rewatch all of the episodes every few years.
Order from chaos
billryan
billryan 
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 215
  • Posts: 13250
June 22nd, 2021 at 7:49:20 AM permalink
Quote: DRich

I know that show was very corny, but I really liked it. I will rewatch all of the episodes every few years.



McHale's Navy is an offshoot of a tv special called "Seven against The Sea.'. I don't think it has ever been officially released but I used to see people selling VHS copies so I'm sure it is out there. It had a very different tone to it. I was only a casual watcher, but didn't the crew transfer to the Atlantic for one season?
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.

  • Jump to: