Thread Rating:

MDawg
MDawg
  • Threads: 39
December 14th, 2022 at 10:06:03 AM permalink
It was a suicide

DJ STEPHEN 'TWITCH' BOSS
ELLEN'S DJ DEAD AT 40 BY SUICIDE

I had no idea who tWitch even was until your post, but that's sad that a married man would do that, especially right before Christmas. But, more than a few married, even with children, men and women do commit suicide, including during the Holiday season.

tWitch's wife seems to have suspected that something was amiss.
Law enforcement sources tell us Stephen's wife Allison Holker ran into an LAPD station Tuesday, and she was frantic because she said Stephen had left home without his car -- something that was not like him at all.

Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem.
I tell you it’s wonderful to be here, man. I don’t give a damn who wins or loses. It’s just wonderful to be here with you people. https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/gambling/betting-systems/33908-the-adventures-of-mdawg/
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 122
December 14th, 2022 at 1:21:49 PM permalink
His widow posted a positive message including ‘he valued family , friends, and community above all else’.

You have to feel bad for her, but what act can show how LITTLE you value family and friends more than suicide? He has three young kids apparently. I think if I go on I’ll say something suspension worthy…..
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
December 14th, 2022 at 1:35:18 PM permalink
Sometimes people feel their loved ones would be off without them. At least it was a solo suicide and he didn't take his loved ones with him.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
MDawg
MDawg
December 14th, 2022 at 1:49:09 PM permalink
True, those murder-suicides where the husband takes everyone out because he decides that everyone would be better off are really hard to accept or fathom.
I tell you it’s wonderful to be here, man. I don’t give a damn who wins or loses. It’s just wonderful to be here with you people. https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/gambling/betting-systems/33908-the-adventures-of-mdawg/
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 86
December 14th, 2022 at 2:03:12 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

You have to feel bad for her, but what act can show how LITTLE you value family and friends more than suicide? He has three young kids apparently.

Maybe in a happy family that would be true but I assume all families are not happy. Most life insurance pay off on suicides as long as it isn't the first year of the policy. Maybe he figured they would be better off with a large sum of money. I have no idea, but I'm sure there are families that will be happier without one of them.

I am still trying to figure out why my wife keeps me around.
At my age, a "Life In Prison" sentence is not much of a deterrent.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 212
December 14th, 2022 at 2:11:04 PM permalink
Quote: DRich

You have to feel bad for her, but what act can show how LITTLE you value family and friends more than suicide? He has three young kids apparently.

Maybe in a happy family that would be true but I assume all families are not happy. Most life insurance pay off on suicides as long as it isn't the first year of the policy. Maybe he figured they would be better off with a large sum of money. I have no idea, but I'm sure there are families that will be happier without one of them.

link to original post

Well then, would that make her a sadist or a masochist?
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
TigerWu
TigerWu
  • Threads: 26
December 14th, 2022 at 2:36:53 PM permalink
Quote: MDawg

link to original post

This is absolutely not always the case.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
December 14th, 2022 at 3:07:30 PM permalink

His widow posted a positive message including ‘he valued family , friends, and community above all else’.

You have to feel bad for her, but what act can show how LITTLE you value family and friends more than suicide? He has three young kids apparently. I think if I go on I’ll say something suspension worthy…..

Some people are just at the end. My grandfather shot himself, but he actually saw everyone one last time and waited until the dog was dead to do it. He lost his wife months before and his middle daughter would not last 100 days after he went, he probably did not want to see her go first. This stuff happens.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
MDawg
MDawg
December 14th, 2022 at 3:26:09 PM permalink
Quote: TigerWu

Quote: MDawg

link to original post

This is absolutely not always the case.
link to original post

After making the post I did think of qualifiers, such as end of life assisted suicide, or someone living in so much physical pain that he can't bear to go on, but other than those cases I can't think of too many other examples.

Certainly this 40 year old tWitch could have worked through whatever was going on, and in a year or two looked back wondering how he could have been so stupid as to think about ending it.

In any case, the few suicides with whom I have been familiar personally ended it needlessly.
rxwine
rxwine
December 14th, 2022 at 6:57:21 PM permalink
This guy was 40. He may have already been through several bouts of depression before he caved finally. For instance, I believe that was true of Robin Williams.

It's also true of people fighting chronic debilitating illness. After so many rounds, it can seem not worth it anymore. Teens are most likely to be the victim of a temporary problem solution. They just don't have the life experience. Things that aren't the end of the world, seem like it.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
December 21st, 2022 at 4:59:08 AM permalink
Franco Harris.

He just missed the 50th anniversary of the Immaculate Reception which happened on Festius in 1972* The Steelers play the Raiders Christmas Eve this year which is effectively like playing on said anniversary, no idea if the NFL planned that part. Kind of interesting how that lines up.

* We cannot be sure if Festivus yet in 1972. A google search says it started in 1966 which does line up to the timeline but it could have been a few years later so this disclaimer is here for any replies Chad or Karen want to make.

TumblingBones
TumblingBones
  • Threads: 29
December 21st, 2022 at 12:27:56 PM permalink
Quote: rxwine

This guy was 40. He may have already been through several bouts of depression before he caved finally. For instance, I believe that was true of Robin Williams.

It's also true of people fighting chronic debilitating illness. After so many rounds, it can seem not worth it anymore. Teens are most likely to be the victim of a temporary problem solution. They just don't have the life experience. Things that aren't the end of the world, seem like it.
link to original post

Williams had some really serious health issues and not just garden-variety depression (if there is such a thing):
Quote: Wikipedia

In an essay published in the journal Neurology two years after his death, [his wife] revealed that the pathology of Lewy body disease in Williams was described by several doctors as among the worst pathologies they had seen. She described the early symptoms of his disease as beginning in October 2013. Williams's initial condition included a sudden and prolonged spike in fear and anxiety, stress and insomnia, which worsened in severity to include memory loss, paranoia, and delusions. According to Schneider, "Robin was losing his mind and he was aware of it ... He kept saying, 'I just want to reboot my brain.'"

My goal of being well informed conflicts with my goal of remaining sane.
tuttigym
tuttigym
  • Threads: 10
December 21st, 2022 at 12:53:16 PM permalink

link to original post

As I remember, most all life insurance contracts have a two-year suicide clause.

tuttigym
unJon
unJon
  • Threads: 14
December 21st, 2022 at 12:54:04 PM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

Franco Harris.

He just missed the 50th anniversary of the Immaculate Reception which happened on Festius in 1972* The Steelers play the Raiders Christmas Eve this year which is effectively like playing on said anniversary, no idea if the NFL planned that part. Kind of interesting how that lines up.

* We cannot be sure if Festivus yet in 1972. A google search says it started in 1966 which does line up to the timeline but it could have been a few years later so this disclaimer is here for any replies Chad or Karen want to make.

link to original post

Yes it was planned. There is a celebration in Pittsburgh happening around it, and Franco was going to have his number retired. I was shocked to find out his number hadn’t been retired already.
The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong; but that is the way to bet.
billryan
billryan
December 21st, 2022 at 2:12:58 PM permalink
Quote: unJon

Franco Harris.

link to original post

Yes it was planned. There is a celebration in Pittsburgh happening around it, and Franco was going to have his number retired. I was shocked to find out his number hadn’t been retired already.
link to original post

Steelers don't officially retire many numbers. They simply don't hand them out. Joe Greene's #70 is officially retired. I don't believe Bradshaws #12 is, even though it isn't given out.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
December 22nd, 2022 at 4:18:02 AM permalink
Quote: billryan

Franco Harris.

link to original post

link to original post

Steelers don't officially retire many numbers. They simply don't hand them out. Joe Greene's #70 is officially retired. I don't believe Bradshaws #12 is, even though it isn't given out.
link to original post

I explained that to a guy when they retired Greene. Greene and some guy from the 60s are all that are retired. For years Bradshaw, Greene, Lambert, and Harris were the only ones out of circulation. Now I think Bettis and Ward are as well. Big Ben probably was not an issue his first year out but you can be sure he will be on the not available list.

Way back in the day there was an article about the equipment manager who was the guy in charge of issuing at least unofficially. He said he tried to keep some out but at some point you run out. Personally I liked the policy of no retirements but with all sports now just bets to me I care little.

Is it just me wondering why the NFL starts a game at 8PM on Christmas Eve?
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 122
December 22nd, 2022 at 7:46:03 AM permalink

Franco Harris.

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

I explained that to a guy when they retired Greene. Greene and some guy from the 60s are all that are retired. For years Bradshaw, Greene, Lambert, and Harris were the only ones out of circulation. Now I think Bettis and Ward are as well. Big Ben probably was not an issue his first year out but you can be sure he will be on the not available list.

Way back in the day there was an article about the equipment manager who was the guy in charge of issuing at least unofficially. He said he tried to keep some out but at some point you run out. Personally I liked the policy of no retirements but with all sports now just bets to me I care little.

link to original post

Because people WILL WATCH a game on December 24 at 8pm.
You think because it’s the night before Christmas they shouldn’t play a game!?!? The NBA has proven for decades that Christmas is just another day.
DRich
DRich
December 22nd, 2022 at 7:48:08 AM permalink

Franco Harris.

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

You think because it’s the night before Christmas they shouldn’t play a game!?!? The NBA has proven for decades that Christmas is just another day.
link to original post

I know that I am getting old, but any game starting after 7pm means that I will not be awake for the end of it.
billryan
billryan
December 22nd, 2022 at 8:05:57 AM permalink
The first time the NFL played on Christmas, many a Christmas dinner was ruined when the game went into overtime. It was only the second in true NFL history, although they later included an AFL game in the lists.
billryan
billryan
December 22nd, 2022 at 8:07:31 AM permalink
The Bisbee Boys Basketball team was on quite a run. They were 13-0, and won their last game, something like 79-28.
This week, they played their traditional rivals in the first of a home-and-home series played every non-covid year since 1917.
Some six hundred people( in a town of 5,000 ) traveled fifteen miles to support the team.
Up by eight at halftime and five after three quarters, the Bisbee coach sat his starters in the fourth quarter, and they lost by four points.
Someone has some explaining to do.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
December 22nd, 2022 at 9:22:16 AM permalink

Franco Harris.

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

But the audience will probably be way down. Christmas Eve has always seemed a more laid back and somber thing. Christmas day everyone is at someone’s house and the tv is on.

My favorite story on Christmas Day games is someone asked at the Stardust if they would be posting a second half line on the Boue Gray game, possibly the most tuned in but least paid attention to thing on TV of all time. Sports book manager says “I will if you can name one player on either team”.
DRich
DRich
December 22nd, 2022 at 4:42:36 PM permalink

My favorite story on Christmas Day games is someone asked at the Stardust if they would be posting a second half line on the Boue Gray game, possibly the most tuned in but least paid attention to thing on TV of all time.

We always referred to it as the Civil War game.
billryan
billryan
December 22nd, 2022 at 5:04:22 PM permalink

My favorite story on Christmas Day games is someone asked at the Stardust if they would be posting a second half line on the Boue Gray game, possibly the most tuned in but least paid attention to thing on TV of all time.

link to original post

Pre-1966, The Blue-Gray game was the only other football game I cared about.
gordonm888
Administrator
gordonm888
  • Threads: 60
December 29th, 2022 at 2:55:26 PM permalink
Pele, R.I.P.

So many better men, a few of them friends, are dead. And a thousand thousand slimy things live on, and so do I.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
December 29th, 2022 at 4:54:48 PM permalink

link to original post

Pre-1966, The Blue-Gray game was the only other football game I cared about.
link to original post

I have to think I will never hear that again in my life.
MDawg
MDawg
December 29th, 2022 at 6:29:22 PM permalink
rsactuary
rsactuary
  • Threads: 29
December 30th, 2022 at 6:55:51 PM permalink
2022's Betty White is: Barbara Walters.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
December 31st, 2022 at 2:59:24 AM permalink
Pope Emeritus Benedict XVI
gordonm888
Administrator
gordonm888
  • Threads: 60
December 31st, 2022 at 12:55:59 PM permalink
Quote: rsactuary

2022's Betty White is: Barbara Walters.
link to original post

Barbara Walters, R.I.P,
So many better men, a few of them friends, are dead. And a thousand thousand slimy things live on, and so do I.
BillHasRetired
BillHasRetired
  • Threads: 5
December 31st, 2022 at 4:42:15 PM permalink

link to original post

Okay, we have our 2022 end-of-year triplet: Pele, Barbara Walters, Pope Benedict XVI. It does appear, doesn't it, that celebrity deaths seem to occur in threes, and that there's a prominent rise in deaths in the late December-early January timeframe?

The CDC reports that for the last 18 years, the average number of deaths per day were some 10% higher in January than the rest of the year. (It's really a smoothish curve, bottoming out in July and peaking around Dec-Feb). That is, if you can believe the CDC anymore.
ChumpChange
ChumpChange
  • Threads: 111
December 31st, 2022 at 4:54:14 PM permalink
The nurses in NYC have served a 10 day notice of a strike among 16,000 nurses. I think they' be on strike. So they'll be out of rotation before the next COVID wave peaks next month. TV stations will have to go back to home broadcasting.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
December 31st, 2022 at 5:12:33 PM permalink
Quote: BillHasRetired

link to original post

Okay, we have our 2022 end-of-year triplet: Pele, Barbara Walters, Pope Benedict XVI. It does appear, doesn't it, that celebrity deaths seem to occur in threes, and that there's a prominent rise in deaths in the late December-early January timeframe?

There is a theory that goes the body can hold off death short tern until some event important to the person happens. My dad's dad died that week between Christmas and New Years to name one I have a connection to. I read the theory in some magazine back in the 1980s. They looked at deaths of Jewish males in the days right before and right after Jewish holidays. Deaths should be random but they found slightly fewer the days before and slightly more right after. I forget the exact article and why they used Jewish guys though the later might be to get a subset of subjects small enough to segregate from everyone else (Jewish holidays often fall near Christian ones) but large enough to matter. And maybe because Jewish holidays often last more than a day. But I digress.

Most of us have heard some kind of story of someone who lived just past some big thing for them then they went. Also people who went right after they retired, Charles Schultz and Joe Paterno come to mind. Schultz died the very same weekend "Peanuts" ended for those who do not remember.

As to "in threes" well three is a magic number, maybe more magic than we know?
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
January 1st, 2023 at 12:10:59 PM permalink

link to original post

There is a theory that goes the body can hold off death short tern until some event important to the person happens. My dad's dad died that week between Christmas and New Years to name one I have a connection to. I read the theory in some magazine back in the 1980s. They looked at deaths of Jewish males in the days right before and right after Jewish holidays. Deaths should be random but they found slightly fewer the days before and slightly more right after. I forget the exact article and why they used Jewish guys though the later might be to get a subset of subjects small enough to segregate from everyone else (Jewish holidays often fall near Christian ones) but large enough to matter. And maybe because Jewish holidays often last more than a day. But I digress.

Most of us have heard some kind of story of someone who lived just past some big thing for them then they went. Also people who went right after they retired, Charles Schultz and Joe Paterno come to mind. Schultz died the very same weekend "Peanuts" ended for those who do not remember.

link to original post

\

My dad died the first week of February one month after his birthday he was 83. Old people tend to die in the winter more often in the summer. The cold is far harder on us then warm weather. On a side note Charles Schulz sold more than 1 billion Hallmark Peanuts greeting cards in his lifetime and he got a piece of every one sold. That's just greeting cards, it doesn't include the number of other things they put the Peanuts name on.

As far as things happening in threes they really don't, we just ignore all the other times when they don't. It's the good old confirmation bias rearing its ugly head.
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
rxwine
rxwine
January 1st, 2023 at 12:17:41 PM permalink
Quote: ChumpChange

The nurses in NYC have served a 10 day notice of a strike among 16,000 nurses. I think they' be on strike. So they'll be out of rotation before the next COVID wave peaks next month. TV stations will have to go back to home broadcasting.
link to original post

Unlike midway into the years of initial covid I expect all this to be seasonal. But naturally, virus spread is always more active in the cold months.
Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
  • Threads: 16
January 1st, 2023 at 12:38:04 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

As far as things happening in threes they really don't, we just ignore all the other times when they don't. It's the good old confirmation bias rearing its ugly head.
link to original post

Spot on, EvenBob.

I expect there are often 4 or more to a broad grouping, and observers cherrypick the 3 they deem noteworthy.
May the cards fall in your favor.
EvenBob
EvenBob
January 1st, 2023 at 1:40:01 PM permalink
Quote: Dieter

link to original post

Spot on, EvenBob.

I expect there are often 4 or more to a broad grouping, and observers cherrypick the 3 they deem noteworthy.
link to original post

The biggest job we have as humans is getting up every day and confirming every bias we have so our lives continue to make sense. No matter how ridiculous the bias is, that's what holds us together mentally in an otherwise very confusing world.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
January 1st, 2023 at 2:02:59 PM permalink

link to original post

link to original post

\

My dad died the first week of February one month after his birthday he was 83. Old people tend to die in the winter more often in the summer. The cold is far harder on us then warm weather. On a side note Charles Schulz sold more than 1 billion Hallmark Peanuts greeting cards in his lifetime and he got a piece of every one sold. That's just greeting cards, it doesn't include the number of other things they put the Peanuts name on.

link to original post

Schutz and Bill Watterson are excellent contrasts. Watterson licensed nothing other than the books. Schultz would have sold product placement in the strip if he could have. Peanuts was on everything at one point. The late 60s was its height but Snoopy sold insurance to the 2000s. Imagine what Calvin products could have done.
EvenBob
EvenBob
January 1st, 2023 at 2:23:57 PM permalink

Schutz and Bill Watterson are excellent contrasts. Watterson licensed nothing other than the books. Schultz would have sold product placement in the strip if he could have. Peanuts was on everything at one point. The late 60s was its height but Snoopy sold insurance to the 2000s. Imagine what Calvin products could have done.
link to original post

Charles Schulz understood the psychology of America and drew it as a cartoon brilliantly. It started in 1950 but it was never about the decade it was in. Peanuts was about what drives us emotionally which applies equally in every decade. Charles Schulz had a genius IQ but so do a lot of cartoonists. Even Scott Adams has a genius IQ.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
January 1st, 2023 at 2:45:51 PM permalink

link to original post

Charles Schulz understood the psychology of America and drew it as a cartoon brilliantly. It started in 1950 but it was never about the decade it was in. Peanuts was about what drives us emotionally which applies equally in every decade. Charles Schulz had a genius IQ but so do a lot of cartoonists. Even Scott Adams has a genius IQ.
link to original post

I slightly disagree. He mentioned Vietnam when there was a riot at the Daisy Hill Puppy Farm over dogs going to Vietnam and not coming back. It had a late 60s feel just a bit at that time. Feminism was an occasional theme back then. Later years he did not do this as much.

From what I have read the guy was a jerk, though.
EvenBob
EvenBob
January 1st, 2023 at 3:31:28 PM permalink

link to original post

He was in it for the money, never took a vacation except for three years before he died he took a week off. Made 30 million to 40 million dollars a year off of a comic strip. The Family Circus comic strip was drawn by a guy who was the opposite of what the strip represented. It was all about the sickening sweet side of family life and Americana, and he was himself a total jerk. He gave people what they wanted to see never believed in any of it himself. He told Scott Adams at the beginning of Dilbert to quit drawing what he wanted to see start drawing what the public wanted and that's when Dilbert took off.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
January 2nd, 2023 at 4:24:46 AM permalink

link to original post

He was in it for the money, never took a vacation except for three years before he died he took a week off. Made 30 million to 40 million dollars a year off of a comic strip. The Family Circus comic strip was drawn by a guy who was the opposite of what the strip represented. It was all about the sickening sweet side of family life and Americana, and he was himself a total jerk. He gave people what they wanted to see never believed in any of it himself. He told Scott Adams at the beginning of Dilbert to quit drawing what he wanted to see start drawing what the public wanted and that's when Dilbert took off.
link to original post

I was at the ice cream place that guy used to hang out at. If “The Family Circus” went for ice cream they went to The Sugar Bowl. It is an actual place.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1493
January 2nd, 2023 at 5:12:58 AM permalink
The Family Circus was probably my least favorite comic strip. No, Garfield was worse. How many times did the dad ask Billy for a hammer and Billy wandered all over the neighborhood before getting it? Or "not me" broke something. The only redeeming feature was every woman had huge breasts, especially the mom.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
ThatDonGuy
ThatDonGuy
  • Threads: 117
Thanked by
Wizard
January 2nd, 2023 at 6:35:39 AM permalink
Quote: Wizard

How many times did the dad ask Billy for a hammer and Billy wandered all over the neighborhood before getting it? Or "not me" broke something.

How many times? Ida Know...
billryan
billryan
January 2nd, 2023 at 7:27:11 AM permalink
Did you folks read every comic strip in the paper? I didn't. I recently got many 1970s Sunday Comic sections from the NY Daily News and a paper out west. I was surprised to see I didn't follow about half the strips.
I enjoyed the Family Circus well enough. I appreciated the artist's use of a broken line.
JohnnyQ
JohnnyQ
  • Threads: 262
January 2nd, 2023 at 8:27:49 AM permalink

The Family Circus was probably my least favorite comic strip. No, Garfield was worse.

No, NANCY was worse.

And Garfield is/was better than Family Circus.
There's emptiness behind their eyes There's dust in all their hearts They just want to steal us all and take us all apart
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1493
January 2nd, 2023 at 11:08:16 AM permalink
Quote: JohnnyQ

The Family Circus was probably my least favorite comic strip. No, Garfield was worse.

No, NANCY was worse.

And Garfield is/was better than Family Circus.
link to original post

I don't say this much anymore, but Nancy was before my time. As I mentioned, Family Circus at least gets two nice big points for the mom.

"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
January 2nd, 2023 at 1:23:04 PM permalink

The Family Circus was probably my least favorite comic strip. No, Garfield was worse. How many times did the dad ask Billy for a hammer and Billy wandered all over the neighborhood before getting it? Or "not me" broke something. The only redeeming feature was every woman had huge breasts, especially the mom.
link to original post

"The Family Circus" bordered on being a children's strip. I know it was one I read when I was a kid learning to read as it was easy reading, some of the strips were not for a kid of 6. Legend is "Garfield" was made not to be funny but to sell merchandise. "Robotman" was modified to include the robot for the same reason,. licensing from the first panel ever drawn.
DRich
DRich
January 2nd, 2023 at 2:08:49 PM permalink

link to original post

"The Family Circus" bordered on being a children's strip. I know it was one I read when I was a kid learning to read as it was easy reading, some of the strips were not for a kid of 6. Legend is "Garfield" was made not to be funny but to sell merchandise. "Robotman" was modified to include the robot for the same reason,. licensing from the first panel ever drawn.
link to original post

Garfield was originally named "Jon the cat". Brilliant move to rename him. Did Garfield go to Ball State university? Why else would anyone live in Muncie Indiana?
JohnnyQ
JohnnyQ
  • Threads: 262
January 2nd, 2023 at 2:40:27 PM permalink

I don't say this much anymore, but Nancy was before my time.

Yes and No, she's been around for quite a while, passed on to various artists over time. Whether you saw the comic in the newspaper I guess depends on what newspaper you got growing up.

WIKI SEZ:

At its peak in the 1970s, Nancy ran in more than 880 newspapers, before falling to 79 shortly before Guy Gilchrist's departure from the strip in 2018.

And could this be for real ?

There's emptiness behind their eyes There's dust in all their hearts They just want to steal us all and take us all apart
EvenBob
EvenBob
January 2nd, 2023 at 2:43:39 PM permalink

Garfield was originally named "Jon the cat". Brilliant move to rename him. Did Garfield go to Ball State university? Why else would anyone live in Muncie Indiana?
link to original post

My wife started collecting Garfield figurines in the mid-80s when she opened the Antique Mall. By 2010 she had a couple hundred of them. She ended up selling them for thousands of dollars on eBay. Some of them were worth hundreds of dollars apiece. She got $150 for this Abe Lincoln Garfield. I'll bet she had 300 of them all together.

• Jump to: