Thread Rating:

Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1491
April 5th, 2022 at 2:11:43 PM permalink
Bonus question -- Who was on the cover of Frank's missing TV Guide?
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
TigerWu
TigerWu
  • Threads: 25
April 5th, 2022 at 3:05:30 PM permalink
Quote: Wizard

Bonus question -- Who was on the cover of Frank's missing TV Guide?
link to original post

Al Roker
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
April 5th, 2022 at 3:13:57 PM permalink
Quote: TigerWu

Al Roker

link to original post

Correct!
Gialmere
Gialmere
  • Threads: 44
April 9th, 2022 at 12:32:46 PM permalink

Soap opera star Kathryn Hays died in Fairfield, Connecticut, on March 25. She was 87. Cause of death was not released.

Hays played the role of Kim Sullivan Hughes on “As the World Turns” for 38 years. She began her career with TV roles in the early 1960s. She appeared in “Bonanza” and “Route 66,” in addition to the spy series “The Man from U.N.C.L.E” and other shows. She also appeared in the television film “Yuma” in 1971. She might, however, be best remembered for playing the titular mute hero, Gem, in the Star Trek episode “The Empath.”

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Prolific character actor, Nehemiah Persoff, died last Tuesday in San Luis Obispo, California. He was 102. He had been in a rehabilitation facility for many years due to a stroke and other health issues.

Persoff’s is well know for TV roles in the ’60s, ’70s, ’80s and even into the ’90s including appearances on “The Untouchables,” “Gilligan's Island,” “The Wild Wild West,” “Mission: Impossible,” “Gunsmoke,” “Marcus Welby, M.D.,” “Baretta,” “The Six Million Dollar Man,” “Little House on the Prairie,” “Hawaii Five-0” and “Star Trek: The Next Generation." He was also in such films as “Some Like It Hot,” “The Greatest Story Ever Told” and “Yentl,” in which he portrayed Mendel, the father of Barbra Streisand’s character.

He's probably best remembered for his role in the The Twilight Zone episode “Judgment Night" where he played a man on a transport ship traversing the u-boat infested waters of the North Atlantic during WWII.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bobby Rydell, the 1960s teen heartthrob died on April 5 at Abington Township, PA. He was 79. Cause of death was pneumonia.

Rydell grew up in the same Philly neighborhoods as Frankie Avalon and Fabian, other iconic singers of the era. He had many hits, but most people know him for his cover of “Volare,” which he called “my walk-in music and my walk-off music.” He also acted, most notably in the movie version of “Bye Bye Birdie."

A 24 year old rapper called Goonew (real name Markelle Morrow) was shot and killed in District Heights, Maryland, on March 18. A memorial concert was held at a nightclub in Washington D.C. and oh boy did the attendees get more than they bargained for when they paid their $40 cover charge. There stood Goonew himself on the side of the stage, or at least his mortal remains. The corpse was dressed in a hoodie and wearing a blingy watch and a crown. Some thought the sight was very gangsta. Most, however, felt the spectacle was very disturbing and horrifying.

Welcome to the world of extreme funerals. Despite the hullabaloo, this had been an actual thing for many years. While the practice is considered to be at the fringe of the funeral business, there is a certain logic to it. Why (the thinking goes) should the dearly departed simply be placed in boxes and looked at? Why not pose the corpses doing things that the deceased enjoyed doing in life? The result is ceremonies like these...

(Left) A young man enjoys a cigar at his own funeral.
(Center) A boxer's family wanted him to lace up the gloves one last time.
(Right) Before he was shot to death, this young man enjoyed playing video games.

(Left) He's taking one last ride up the highway to heaven.
(Right) This New Orleans socialite enjoys a cigarette and some champagne.

One of the players at this poker game is holding aces and eights. Have a seat and get your picture taken.

If you think this is something out of the Twilight Zone, well, you'd be correct since there actually was a TZ episode that dealt with this topic. The point is, I suppose, that if this type of "out of the box" thinking (pun intended) helps alleviate the pain of the deceased's family and friends, it's probably a good thing. (They just need to warn attendees about what to expect.)

P.S. If you think I post some weird "manure" on a gambling website, you have a point. The good news is, I'll be back in Vegas next month for my daughter's wedding. Unfortunately, the whole dog-and-pony show will cost me $25k. So, even if I get lucky and win a few grand at the tables, it would alleviate my pain about as much as a posed corpse would.
Have you tried 22 tonight? I said 22.
TigerWu
TigerWu
  • Threads: 25
April 9th, 2022 at 2:15:54 PM permalink
Setting up embalmed relatives in "everyday" scenarios for the funeral is a big thing in parts of Africa.
Gialmere
Gialmere
April 12th, 2022 at 4:57:29 PM permalink

Actor and stand-up comic Gilbert Gottfried died today in Manhattan. He was 67. Cause of death was from a rare genetic muscle disease that can trigger a dangerously abnormal heartbeat.

Gottfried was born Feb. 28, 1955 and was doing stand-up comedy in New York City by age 15. His wisecracks about taboo topics sometimes got him hot water. He appeared in many films and TV shows including a cast member stint on "Saturday Night Live." He's probably best known for voicing the wisecracking parrot Iago in the Disney film “Aladdin.” Gottfried also voiced a talking duck in a series of commercials for Aflac insurance, until he was fired in 2011 over controversial jokes about the Fukushima disaster in Japan.

Quote: Gilbert Gottfried

I just split up with my girlfriend, but like the Japanese say, ‘They’ll be another one floating by any minute now.'

Heh. The man had a politically incorrect sense of humor.

ChumpChange
ChumpChange
  • Threads: 111
April 12th, 2022 at 5:09:22 PM permalink
I sometimes think these celebrity deaths are really disappearances into the witness protection program.
Gialmere
Gialmere
April 16th, 2022 at 2:03:02 PM permalink
The Reaper revisits the cast of "Seinfeld"...

Actress and dancer Liz Sheridan died yesterday in Manhattan. She was 93. According to family, she went peacefully in her sleep from natural causes.

Sheridan was a Broadway dancer and a Hollywood character actor. She appeared on many TV shows including such hits as “St. Elsewhere,” “Moonlighting” and “Who’s The Boss.” From 1986 – 1990, she appeared in 34 episodes of “ALF.” Her most famous role, however, was playing Jerry's overprotective mom Helen Seinfeld in 21 episodes of “Seinfeld” from 1990 to 1998. She was the only “Seinfeld” star — apart from the four main leads — to be featured in all nine seasons of the hit sitcom.

Sheridan also claims to have had a serious romance with Hollywood legend James Dean. They dated back in the early 50s when both were working the theaters in New York. Dean's move to Hollywood and skyrocket career success ended the relationship. According to Sheridan, they were actually engaged for a short period of time.

Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
April 16th, 2022 at 10:19:25 PM permalink
Quote: Gialmere

The Reaper revisits the cast of "Seinfeld"...

link to original post

The two big Seinfeld moms go within days, what are the odds? Sheridan played Jerry's mother the way I think a lot of mothers are -- very firm in their opinions, with no compunction to share them, and fiercely protective of their sons.
Gialmere
Gialmere
April 30th, 2022 at 4:58:33 PM permalink

Country music legend Naomi Judd died today near Nashville. She was 76. No cause of death was immediately given, although in a statement daughters Wynonna Judd and Ashley Judd attributed their mother’s death to “the disease of mental illness.”

Judd was just 17 when she gave birth to her eldest daughter, Christina Ciminella, bearing the surname of her father, Michael. The daughter would later change her name to Wynonna Judd after Naomi and her husband divorced in 1972. The two famously learned to play music together while struggling to make ends meet. In the 1980s, the Judds had an unbroken string of eight straight No. 1 country singles, including “Why Not Me” and “Mama He's Crazy” as their breakout smashes in 1983, followed by such hits as “Girls’ Night Out,” “Grandpa (Tell Me ‘Bout the Good Old Days)” and “Rockin’ With the Rhythm of the Rain.” Their last charting single was “Stuck in Love” in 2000.

In 2016, Naomi revealed that she battled severe depression and anxiety since she and Wynonna stopped touring as The Judds in 2011. The Judds were to be inducted into the Country Music Hall of Fame on Sunday and they had just announced an arena tour to begin in the fall, their first tour together in over a decade.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The gap-toothed actor Robert Morse died in Los Angelas on April 20th. He was 90. Cause of death was not released.

Morse earned five Tony Award nominations in his career, most notably a win for his role as J. Pierrepont Finch in the 1961 Broadway production of “How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying," the role that would make him a star. He appeared in many films and TV shows. His amicable personality usually had him playing good guys or family fare such as the lead role in Disney's "The Boatnics" (1970) or the voice of "Jack Frost" (1979) for Rankin/Bass. He's best known, however, for his performance as Bertram Cooper on the AMC series “Mad Men” where he garnered five Emmy nominations.

Gialmere
Gialmere
May 2nd, 2022 at 7:00:13 PM permalink

No cause of death was immediately given, although in a statement daughters Wynonna Judd and Ashley Judd attributed their mother’s death to “the disease of mental illness.”

In a sad follow-up, it's been confirmed that Naomi Judd took her own life.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
May 2nd, 2022 at 7:47:37 PM permalink

No cause of death was immediately given, although in a statement daughters Wynonna Judd and Ashley Judd attributed their mother’s death to “the disease of mental illness.”

In a sad follow-up, it's been confirmed that Naomi Judd took her own life.
link to original post

That's sad, but what I was expecting. What else could it be?

Quote: Dear Mr. Fantasy by Traffic

Dear Mister Fantasy play us a tune
Something to make us all happy
Do anything take us out of this gloom
Sing a song, play guitar
Make it snappy
You are the one who can make us all laugh
But doing that you break out in tears
Please don't be sad if it was a straight mind you had
We wouldn't have known you all these years

Gialmere
Gialmere
May 4th, 2022 at 7:44:13 PM permalink
Quote: Lewis {Burt Reynolds} "Deliverance" (1972)

Do know what's gonna be here? Right here? A lake. As far as the eyes can see. Hundreds of feet deep. HUNDREDS of feet deep. Did you ever look out over a lake and think of somethin' buried underneath it? Buried underneath it. Well man, that's just about as buried as you can get.

Ever wonder what you might find at the bottom of a large body of water a short drive from a town like Vegas?

This is not an actual celebrity death, but rather a death that has achieved (at least minor) celebrity level attention over the last few days.

You've probably heard that the water level of Lake Mead has been dropping for the last 20 or 30 years. (In fact, the workers at Hoover Dam just opened a new pumping station way down at the current surface area to keep operations running smoothly, for now.) Well, as you might guess, when a lake's waters recede things start getting revealed. Sometimes they're unpleasant things. The body of a man was discovered a few days ago. He had been shot to death, stuffed into a barrel and then boated out onto Lake Mead and dumped. This murder seems to have occurred several decades ago when the surface level was much higher. Authorities have a good idea of the time since the man's shoes were a make sold at K-Mart stores back in the mid-to-late 70's.

Who was this man? Why was he killed? Was it a mob hit? (The mob was certainly still around in those days.) Was he a drug dealer? Was he fooling around with another man's wife? Authorities are now asking these questions, but they also wonder how many more "fun" discoveries will be dumped into their laps as the level of the lake gets lower and lower and...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Actor David Birney died last Friday at his home in Santa Monica. He was 83. Cause of death is described as being from Alzheimer’s disease.

Birney was an often seen face on 70's and 80's TV. He guested on the usual shows of the "Love Boat"/"Fantasy Island" type. He starred in a few failed series and also was a lead character on the first season of "St. Elsewhere" but left to appear as Antonio Salieri in Peter Shaffer’s Tony-winning “Amadeus” on Broadway. He was married to Meredith Baxter (aka Meredith Baxter-Birney) who famously played the mom on the hit show “Family Ties.”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last Sunday it was announced that drummer Ric Parnell died. He was 70. No cause of death was made available.

Parnell came from a musical family. His grandfather Russ Carr was a music hall artist and his dad, Jack Parnell, served as the bandleader for “The Muppet Show.” Parnell himself was in many bands and was a studio musician appearing on many albums. But his big break came in 1984 when Parnell, alongside actor-musicians Michael McKean, Christopher Guest and Harry Shearer portrayed the fictional rock band Spinal Tap on the big screen. The group became a real act, releasing albums, touring and even appearing on “Saturday Night Live.” A running gag in the film is how the band's many drummers all died bizarre deaths. Parnell's drummer character, Mick Shrimpton, spontaneously explodes at the end of the movie.

Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
May 5th, 2022 at 4:32:22 AM permalink

Actor David Birney died last Friday at his home in Santa Monica. He was 83. Cause of death is described as being from Alzheimer’s disease.

I recall him as the dad on Oh, God Book 2.
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
May 5th, 2022 at 5:45:59 AM permalink
Birney was the radio voice of Darth Vader.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
Gialmere
Gialmere
May 6th, 2022 at 6:18:55 PM permalink

Time for another trivial walk among the tombstones...

General
1) What's the difference between a graveyard and a cemetery?

2) What's the difference between a headstone, a gravestone and a tombstone?

3) In general, graves are oriented to face in which direction?

4) What is a taphophile?

History
5) Who lived in Arlington House before the estate became a military cemetery?

6) Where on earth are you if you're looking at the "Graveyard in the Clouds"?

7) The remains of six million people can be found in what famous ossuaries beneath Paris?

8) Which of the "New Seven Wonders of the World" was the only structure built for dead people?

Symbols
9) A crying angel adorning a grave symbolizes what?

10) What animal is often seen on a young child's grave marker?

11) What does a cenotaph symbolize?

12) What is the symbolic meaning of the various coins left on a military grave?
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
Thanked by
Gialmere
May 6th, 2022 at 7:34:05 PM permalink
Tough quiz! I feel stupid after taking it, which is always my goal when making one ;-).

Here is about the best I can do.

1. Probably wrong, but I think a graveyard has tombstones and a cemetery (I can never remember how to spell that) has the flat markers.
2. A headstone doesn't stick out from the ground, like a gravestone. You tend to see gravestones on the east coast and headstones on the west coast. I guess a tombstone would mark a tomb, but tombs are not popular in the US, so don't know much about them. Partial credit?
3. I'll guess west.
4 ?
5 Robert E. Lee (I took the tour)
6. Err. Somehow I think I have heard this.
7. The Catacombs. I've been there.

Lighting is awful there for pictures.

8. Ankor Wat (sp?)
9. The deceased died young?
10. Lamb (you see that in Utah cemeteries a lot)
11. No clue
12. I just came from Hawaii and saw that a lot. I think it's a Chinese thing, where you leave or burn money on one's grave, to give them spending money in the afterlife.

Again, good quiz! May I adopt some of the questions for a future WoO newsletter?
ChesterDog
ChesterDog 
  • Threads: 8
Thanked by
Gialmere
May 6th, 2022 at 7:46:49 PM permalink

Time for another trivial walk among the tombstones...

General
1) What's the difference between a graveyard and a cemetery?

2) What's the difference between a headstone, a gravestone and a tombstone?

3) In general, graves are oriented to face in which direction?

4) What is a taphophile?

History
5) Who lived in Arlington House before the estate became a military cemetery?

6) Where on earth are you if you're looking at the "Graveyard in the Clouds"?

7) The remains of six million people can be found in what famous ossuaries beneath Paris?

8) Which of the "New Seven Wonders of the World" was the only structure built for dead people?

Symbols
9) A crying angel adorning a grave symbolizes what?

10) What animal is often seen on a young child's grave marker?

11) What does a cenotaph symbolize?

12) What is the symbolic meaning of the various coins left on a military grave?
link to original post

I only know number 11--a cenotaph memorializes the death of a person. However, if the person's body still exists, it's in a totally different location up to halfway around the world from the cenotaph.
Gialmere
Gialmere
May 7th, 2022 at 2:23:09 PM permalink

May I adopt some of the questions for a future WoO newsletter?
link to original post

You bet. Also...

The reason #6 rings a bell for the Wizard is that it has to do with one of his hobbies.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
Thanked by
Gialmere
May 7th, 2022 at 7:14:41 PM permalink

The reason #6 rings a bell for the Wizard is that it has to do with one of his hobbies.[/spoiler]
link to original post

Mount Everest
avianrandy
avianrandy
Thanked by
Gialmere
May 7th, 2022 at 7:27:48 PM permalink
I only know number 1 and cemetery are always next to churches.graveyards are not
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
May 7th, 2022 at 10:11:15 PM permalink
Quote: avianrandy

I only know number 1 and cemetery are always next to churches.graveyards are not

link to original post

I did not know that.
Gialmere
Gialmere
May 10th, 2022 at 8:47:32 PM permalink

Time to reap the graveyard trivia answers...

Today the terms are synonymous. Historically, however, a graveyard is part of a churchyard while a cemetery is not. Also, graveyards do not contain cremated remains while cemeteries usually do.

Note that this claim is disputed by Snopes so "same thing" is probably the best answer. (Also see #12 below.)

Like #1 above, today these terms are synonymous. Technically speaking...

A head stone is what most people visualize when thinking of a cemetery. It's a stone slab placed vertically at the head of the grave, usually with the person's name, birth and death dates and perhaps an epitaph inscribed on it.

A gravestone is a stone slab placed horizontally on top of a grave, often surrounded by railing. Like a headstone, the person's name and dates are usually inscribed on it.

A tombstone comes from the old days when coffins were made of stone. The actual tombstone was the lid of the coffin. The lid might be plain or, for rich people, elaborately carved, sometimes including a life size statue of the person posed as if sleeping.

In general, graves are oriented to face east towards the rising sun. This symbolizes rebirth. The practice seems to have begun with the sun worshiping pagans. Christians kept the tradition adding that when the dead rise on Judgement Day they will be facing the second coming.

It is by no means a hard, fast rule. For example, modern cemeteries with a "winding path through the park" style of landscaping might have graves facing in any direction. Grave orientation may also be the result of making the most efficient use of available graveyard space. It is not considered disrespectful to have graves facing directions other that east although it's something you might want to consider when purchasing a burial plot.

Taphophiles are people who enjoy visiting cemeteries. They take pictures, make grave rubbings (a practice now frowned upon) and learn the history of the site and its more famous occupants. Other terms for taphophiles include "Tombstone Tourists," "Graveyard Groupies" and (more politely) "Cemetery Enthusiasts".

It was the home of Robert E. Lee. More accurately it was the home of Lee's wife, Mary Anna Custis Lee, who was the great-granddaughter of Martha Custis Washington, who married George Washington after her first husband died.

During the Civil War, Quartermaster General Montgomery C. Meigs was tasked with the creation of new burial sites for fallen soldiers. Meigs gleefully chose Arlington estate as a new site serving as poetic justice against Lee for all the Union dead.

You'd be at Mount Everest. Many people have died while climbing Everest. Usually these unfortunate mountaineers are brought down by other members of their expeditions or by a search party. However, it's estimated that more than 200 bodies are still up there. Either the climber was lost and no one knows where the body is, or the location is known but is at an inaccessible place that's too dangerous for a recovery operation.

These 200+ frozen solid corpses make up what Everest climbers call "The Graveyard in the Clouds". Some of the bodies that can be seen act as landmarks along the route to the summit. They get nicknames like "Green Boots", "Sleeping Beauty" and "The German Woman". Sometimes the bodies stick around, but often, after a few years of wind and weather, they slide down the slope to ... somewhere.

The Catacombs of Paris came about as an effort to deal with the city's overflowing cemeteries. Like all big cities, real estate becomes too valuable to waist on the dead. Yet, as the population increases, so does the need to put the dead somewhere. For Paris the solution came in the form of its ancient stone quarries which had an extensive tunnel network under the city. So, for two straight years starting in 1786, covered carts would discreetly carry the bones of the cemeteries to the Catacombs during the night.

Being French, they eventually added artistic touches to the interment, making walls of bones with skulls accentuating things in geometrical patterns. Today it's one of Paris' biggest tourist attractions, a must see for taphophiles although skittish people should probably visit the Lourve instead.

The Seven New Wonders of the World were named in 2007. They are Machu Picchu, Chichen Itza, Petra, the Taj Mahal, the Roman Colosseum, the Great Wall of China, and Christ the Redeemer. Of these, only the Taj Mahal was built for the dead. It's a mausoleum but, despite its size, is designed to hold only two people. It was commissioned in 1632 by the Mughal emperor Shah Jahan to house the tomb of his favorite wife, Mumtaz Mahal; it also houses the tomb of Shah Jahan himself.

Thus, the Taj is essentially a monument to eternal love transcending death.

Angels in various poses are standard cemetery decor. A flying angel symbolizes the ascent to heaven. An angel blowing a horn symbolizes resurrection on Judgement Day. A weeping angel symbolizes a life cut short, usually a teenager or young adult whose potential will never be realized. Other symbols of this type include a flower with a broken stem or a chopped down tree.

Of course, anyone at any age could end up with a weeping angel their grave as an expression of profound grief from their loved ones.

That would be a lamb. It symbolizes innocence and purity. Other common symbols for children include an empty chair or bed with a pair of shoes next to it. This represents a life that never really got to happen at all.

If you're ever depressed about your own lot in life you might try visiting the children's section of your local cemetery. Seeing the graves of kids whose entire time on earth is measured in days will straighten out your perspective real quick.

A cenotaph is an empty tomb or a monument erected in honor of a person or group of people whose remains are elsewhere. Historically it is most common for fallen soldiers who died and were buried in far off lands, or for people who were lost at sea. It provides an actual physical location for mourners to visit and express their grief. A cenotaph may also mark the spot where a (usually famous) person was originally buried but whose remains were removed and reinterred elsewhere.

Note: If you're wondering about the frequent use of the word "taph" (as in "epitaph," "taphophile" and "cenotaph"), it comes from the Greek word "taphos" meaning "tomb" or "grave".

There is a long history of soldiers and coins starting with the ancient Greeks who would place coins in the mouths of their fallen warriors so they could pay the ferryman to take them across the river Styx. The coin system above seems to have developed during the Vietnam era. As the war was very divisive, it was a way for soldiers to communicate with the fallen soldier's family without possibly upsetting them with an actual visit.

Note: Some people dispute the coin system above. (Also see #1 above.)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile...

Country music singer Mickey Gilley died last Saturday in Branson, Missouri. He was 86. No cause of death was released although he did finish a tour last month then cancelled some new shows citing health issues.

Gilley, a cousin of rock legend Jerry Lee Lewis, had 39 Top 10 country hits over the course of his career, including 17 No. 1 records. He also did some acting in such shows as “Murder, She Wrote” and “The Dukes of Hazzard.” He's probably best known for his famous honky tonk "Gilley's" that was located in Pasadena, Texas. An Esquire article about the nightspot inspired the 1980 John Travolta film “Urban Cowboy,” which was filmed at the bar and gave rise to a nationwide trend of pearl snap shirts, longneck beers and mechanical bulls.

Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
May 10th, 2022 at 9:26:25 PM permalink
Great quiz G! I learned a lot, but also feel okay about what I did know.

About the children's graves, I may have written about this before, but the main cemetery in Parowan UT is full of graves of children and young adults. Not all of them, but very disproportionate compared to other cemeteries. My question to the forum is why?

About Martha Washington, I am also a direct descendant of her. She had children via her first husband. George, despite being a very manly man, was not capable of fathering children.
Gialmere
Gialmere
May 14th, 2022 at 2:53:44 PM permalink

A publicist for Fred Ward announced that the actor died on May 8. He was 79. No location or cause of death was announced.

Ward began his career in 1979 alongside Clint Eastwood as his jailbreak buddy in “Escape From Alcatraz.” The Golden Globe winner is probably best known for playing astronaut Gus Grissom in "The Right Stuff" (1983), and starring with Kevin Bacon in the horror comedy movie "Tremors" (1990). He had the lead role in "Remo Williams: The Adventure Begins" (1985) which didn't do well at the box office. Other notable films include “Southern Comfort” (1981), “Uncommon Valor” (1983), “Joe Dirt” (2001) and “Sweet Home Alabama” (2002). His last role was on HBO's "True Detective" show.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In an update, the Mob Museum weighs in on the barrel body found in Lake Mead...

Meanwhile, the skeletal remains of another body has been found in the lake. For this one, no foul play is suspected. The early speculation is that it was a swimmer who drowned. The remains are only a skull and a few bones so authorities are hoping to ID the body through dental records.
Gialmere
Gialmere
Thanked by
smoothgrh
May 18th, 2022 at 6:16:11 PM permalink

It's been announced that Rosmarie Trapp died last Thursday in in Morrisville, Vermont. She was 93. No cause of death was disclosed but she is said to have gone peacefully surrounded by loved ones.

You probably have no idea who she is but you most likely know the famous story that she played a small part in. Trapp's family lived in a village on the outskirts of Salzburg, Austria. Her father was a u-boat captain in the first world war. He had seven children at the time of the death of his first wife. He then hired a young woman postulant, Maria Augusta Kutschera, from the local Abby to help educate his kids. This eventually led to marriage and, since both the Captain and Maria had musical backgrounds, they started a performing act called the von "Trapp Family Singers". Eventually, as the Nazis took over, the family fled Austria (and ended up owning an inn in Vermont where they entertained guests with their singing).

Sound familiar?

So how does Rosmarie fit in? She was the first of three children from the Captain's second marriage to Baroness Maria Augusta von Trapp. Neither she nor her two full siblings are depicted in the famous Rodgers and Hammerstein musical although the von Trapp family actually fled Austria when she was 9 years old. With Rosmarie's passing, her youngest sibling Johannes (82) is last living member of the famous von Trapp family.

The Nazis made use of the abandoned von Trapp home as Heinrich Himmler's headquarters.
smoothgrh
smoothgrh
  • Threads: 86
May 18th, 2022 at 8:50:13 PM permalink
One of the reasons that I've wanted to visit Vermont is to visit Stowe, VT — the town with the von Trapp's relocated home.

And the Ben & Jerry's factory tour. And to get some Bernie merch.
billryan
billryan
Thanked by
smoothgrh
May 19th, 2022 at 12:11:25 AM permalink
In the early 80s, I took my Mom on a long road trip to Arcadia via Lake Placid. She was a big Sound of Music fan so we had planned on stopping by their Lodge. It was late September and the trees were all changing colors so the ride was nice, but when we got to the lodge, it was gone. It had burned down a year before and they hadn't broken ground on the new one. They had a small gift shop and the woman working was a family member but not one of the kids in the movie.
I've only heard good things about the family, even in the movie is very fictionalized.
Beautiful country up there.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
vegas
vegas
  • Threads: 30
May 26th, 2022 at 3:31:38 PM permalink
Ray Liotta Died in his sleep. He was 67. Ray was on location in Dominican Republic shooting a movie at the time of his death
50-50-90 Rule: Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there is a 90% probability you'll get it wrong
BillHasRetired
BillHasRetired
  • Threads: 5
May 27th, 2022 at 8:00:03 PM permalink
Damn, he was good. "Funny how?" is the all-time scenes from Goodfellas. Died in his sleep--I bet there's a lot more to that story.
Gundy
Gundy
  • Threads: 0
May 28th, 2022 at 5:52:28 AM permalink
My money is on a drug overdose.

-2000 seems to be a fair line.
mcallister3200
mcallister3200
  • Threads: 17
June 1st, 2022 at 5:33:07 PM permalink
Two more former NFL players went out in their 20’s-30’s now. Recent first round pick CB Jeff Gladney at 25 in a likely Darwin award, clipped another vehicle from behind while speeding and died also killing his girlfriend in the crash.

And former Cowboys and Bears RB Marion Barber III at 38, I’d guess we’ll find he has CTE issues the way his life had spiraled after his playing career and the nature of some of his post playing career issues.
DRich
DRich
June 2nd, 2022 at 6:54:47 AM permalink
Quote: mcallister3200

And former Cowboys and Bears RB Marion Barber III at 38, I’d guess we’ll find he has CTE issues the way his life had spiraled after his playing career and the nature of some of his post playing career issues.
link to original post

Wow, I can't believe he was 38 already. I may be getting old.
At my age, a "Life In Prison" sentence is not much of a deterrent.
Gialmere
Gialmere
Thanked by
DogHand
June 3rd, 2022 at 8:36:54 PM permalink

It's been revealed that Howard Johnson's restaurants has died. The chain was 97. Cause of death was a mixture of bad luck, outdatedness, corporate greed, bad management, and that most lethal of restaurant killers: loss of customer base.

HoJo began in 1925 when Howard Deering Johnson opened a small corner pharmacy in Quincy, Massachusetts. Noticing that his new soda fountain was a big money draw, he decided to introduce new flavors of ice cream to keep customer interest up. This led to concession stands (selling soda, hot dogs and ice cream), then restaurants, then motor lodges, then hotels, then empire. With its iconic orange roofs and cupola weather vanes, by the 1960's HoJo had become the largest restaurant chain in the US. At its mid-seventies high water mark, the chain boasted more than 1,000 roadside locations all selling the trademark fried clams and (of course) 28 flavors of ice cream.

Things started going downhill when the gas shortages of the late 70's hit. Traveling in the US plummeted affecting the lodging side of the business and, since 80% of its restaurant customers were travelers, the food side as well. It also suffered from increased competition from the expanding fast food industry with their trendy new menu ideas that could feed a family on the go cheaper than a HoJo with its higher quality food items. The trendiness also made HoJo look dated, the type of place you'd take your grandparents to when they visited.

So HoJo was sold, eventually ending up owned by Marriott who split the lodge and food sides into separate entities. Corporate owned restaurants were demolished and converted into Marriott owned brands (such as Bob's Big Boy). Franchise restaurant owners banded together in an attempt at survival. They decided that to compete they needed to lower costs and so downgraded the quality of their food along with running things with fewer employees. This infuriated their remaining customer base who had grown up with the HoJo standard over the decades. From then on it was a slow death march as restaurant after restaurant closed.

Does anyone care? I'll give you a hint. The last Howard Johnson's restaurant, in Lake George, New York, closed back in March and the press is only now picking up on the story and will no doubt forget about it by tomorrow.

Gialmere
Gialmere
June 11th, 2022 at 9:31:02 PM permalink

Musician Jim Seals died last Monday at his home in Nashville. He was 80. Cause of death was not released although he did have a stroke in 2017 and is known to have been ill for a long time.

Seals came from a musical family, winning many music competitions when he was a kid. As a young man he was in various bands meeting Darrell Crofts somewhere along the line in the local music scene. The two joined the Champs, a band best known for their hit "Tequila." They then bounced around a few more bands before becoming the soft rock duo Seals and Crofts. Although they never had a #1 hit, they did have many songs hit the Billboard Top Ten most notably “Summer Breeze" and “Diamond Girl.” Seals and Croft broke up in 1980 but they would reunite on occasion for concerts and once for a final album in 2004.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Meanwhile...

It's being reported that superhero Spider-Man died earlier this week in Anaheim. Born in 1962, he was 18 years old. Cause of death was severe skull and body fracturing from crashing into the side of a building while showing off to a crowd at a Disney theme park.

After witnessing the fatal tragedy, parents tried to comfort their traumatized children while Disney executives huddled to discuss reboot potential. It's been decided that Daredevil will be flown in from New York to keep Anaheim safe from the Green Goblin until Disney shareholders can vote on a proxy Peter Parker. Spidey's superhero friends have asked that instead of sending flowers mourners donate money to their friendly neighborhood head trauma unit.

Gialmere
Gialmere
Thanked by
unJon
June 22nd, 2022 at 6:53:31 PM permalink

In the continuing Barrel Body story, it's being reported that the FBI is now involved in the investigation. While it's not uncommon for the G-men to help out local authorities in difficult cases, it certainly fans the flames of the mob hit theory. Not surprisingly, the Mob Museum is running with the thought. They published a story (essay really) in the Daily Mail that was reprinted in the Las Vegas Review Journal detailing three possible suspects.

The first is George 'Jay' Vandermark who was hired by Frank 'Lefty' Rosenthal (who inspired the Robert De Niro character in "Casino") to oversee the slot machines at the Stardust and other mob run casinos, but he was really there to run the skimming operation. The second is drug runner William Crespo, who was arrested by federal agents in Las Vegas in 1982 after he was caught flying in from Miami with $400,000 worth of cocaine. He is thought to have had knowledge of the casino skimming operations and was willing to rat in court.

The third, and most likely suspect, is Johnny Pappas. Pappas worked in the casino industry at the Castaways, Las Vegas Hilton and Caesars Palace. By the mid-1970s, Pappas was managing Lake Mead's Echo Bay Resort, a Teamsters Central States Pension Fund-financed project. He also owned a boat on Lake Mead. On August 18, 1976, the day he disappeared, Pappas told his wife he was going to Jojo's restaurant at 1531 Las Vegas Blvd. South, near downtown Las Vegas, to meet someone interested in buying his boat. Four days later, his empty car was spotted in the parking lot of the Circus Circus casino on the Strip. The connected Pappas is the favorite due to his location. While the mob favored burying bodies in the desert, if you whacked someone near a lake, what would you do?

If Barrel Body is one of these three men, the article speculates that the killer is notorious mob enforcer Tony "The Ant" Spilotro (who inspired the Joe Pesci character in "Casino") or one of his men. Spilotro's weapon of choice was a .22-caliber pistol, equipped with a suppressor, and fired into the back of the victim's head. The article insinuates that this matches up with the wounds found on Barrel Body.

I should reiterate that this is all speculation. Barrel Body might have nothing to do with the mob. For example, one person claimed that it could be his father who drowned in Lake Mead when his boat hit a large wake and he fell overboard. (Oddly enough, the man had mob ties.) As evidence, the son points to the missing teeth in the skull noting that his father got a false teeth dental implant after a car accident. Fair enough. But what are the odds that the corpse of a drowning victim ends up floating into an oil drum at the bottom of the lake while some how receiving gunshot wounds during its watery odyssey?

Anyways, authorities are extracting DNA from the skeleton and will seek out the various potential victim's closest relatives to see if they get a match. Stay tuned...

Full Story at Daily Mail

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile, since we are perusing the bizarre deaths folder... Have you seen this murderer?

Maya Murmu died on June 9 at her village in eastern India’s Odisha state. She was 70. Cause of death was elephant trampling.

Murmu had gone to the well at the edge of her village. While there a wild elephant burst onto the scene. It knocked Murmu to the ground and began to stomp and trample the helpless woman while her astonished neighbors watched in horror. The elephant then ran off allowing Murmu to be rushed to a hospital where she died off her injuries a few hours later.

Authorities believe that the elephant wandered out of a wildlife sanctuary. And this isn't as rare as you might think. According to Indian government data, over 3,000 people have been killed in attacks by wild elephants in the country over the last seven years. What makes this particular death unusual, however, is what happened at the funeral.

Murmu's body was laid out on a pyre awaiting the traditional last rites to begin when, suddenly, the very same elephant burst onto the scene. It grabbed the corpse off the pyre, flung it to the ground and began to stomp and trample it while astonished family members and mourners (again) watched in horror. The elephant then (again) ran from the scene (perhaps back to the wildlife sanctuary). Last rites were held a few hours later over what remained of Murmu's remains.

How did this happen? Random chance? A freak of nature? Or did Murma maybe participate in some cruel act against the pachyderm or its family several decades earlier and the elephant, well, never forgot.
Last edited by: Gialmere on Jun 22, 2022
Gialmere
Gialmere
July 2nd, 2022 at 8:01:41 AM permalink

It's been confirmed that Joe Turkel died last Monday in Santa Monica. He was 94. No cause of death was announced.

Turkel was one of those prolific character actors, credited with over 140 movie and TV roles across the decades. He has the distinction of being one of only two actors to appear in three Stanley Kubrick films. He's best known for playing Lloyd the bartender in "The Shining" (1980), and as eccentric replicant creator Eldon Tyrell in “Blade Runner" (1982). In fact, Turkel retired from acting after lending his voice to the “Blade Runner” video game spinoff in 1997.

Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
July 2nd, 2022 at 5:21:14 PM permalink

It's been confirmed that Joe Turkel died last Monday in Santa Monica. He was 94. No cause of death was announced.
link to original post

Thank you. I didn't know that. What a great scene that was. I'm still not sure I entirely understand it, but that doesn't stop me from enjoying it.

Did you see the follow-up scene from Dr. Sleep?

Direct: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UweD_ZDZik
Gialmere
Gialmere
July 11th, 2022 at 6:22:17 PM permalink

Composer Monty Norman died in the UK today. He was 94. His death is described as occurring after a short illness.

The British lyricist started as a singer for big bands in the 1950s and later composed songs for figures such as Tommy Steele and Bob Hope. He later journeyed to London’s West End and spent most of his career writing music for various stage productions. He'll forever be remembered, however, for writing the "James Bond Theme" for the film "Dr. No" (1962). Needless to say, that one tune made him a lot of money over the years.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Actor Tony Sirico died last Friday at Fort Lauderdale, Florida. He was 79. Cause of death was not released.

Sirico played many bit parts over the years, many of them were gangsters. Yet, he never got that big break. Such is the life of an actor that he was actually sleeping on a cot in his mom's living room when a got a call informing him that he had landed the part of Paulie Walnuts on “The Sopranos.” He never slept on a cot again.

Sirico was one of the few Sopranos actors to have actually been in prison. He grew up in a tough part of Brooklyn where you (evidently) either carried a gun or fell prey to those that did. He was just 7 years old the first time he got arrested for stealing nickels from a newspaper stand. He would be arrested 28 more times and would get two trips to the slammer. One of these was a 20 month stretch at the notorious Sing Sing prison for felony weapons possession. “The first time I went away to prison, they searched me to see if I had a gun — and I had three of ’em on me,” he told the LA Times in 1990.

Actor Larry Storch died last Friday in New York City. He was 99. Cause of death was not released but it's said he went peacefully in his sleep.

Storch was a character actor who specialized in comedic roles. Although he played many parts over the years, his heyday was the 60's where he had memorable roles on such shows as “I Dream of Jeannie,” “Get Smart,” “Gomer Pyle: USMC,” and in films such as "The Great Race" (1965). He was also good at mimicry and accents which netted him much cartoon vocal work. He's best known for playing Corporal Randolph Agarn on the comedy TV show “F-Troop.” He and F-Troop alum Forrest Tucker would reunite in 1975 to star in the kid's show (now cult classic) "The Ghost Busters."

As you've no doubt heard, actor James Caan died last Wednesday in Los Angeles. He was 82. No cause of death was given.

Caan was born and raised in New York City giving an edge to his personality. He wanted to be a pro football player. In college, however, he did some work with a community theater and caught the acting bug. He got some small parts on Broadway then went to Hollywood to try his luck. Playing mostly tough guys, he first had minor roles on TV. His big break came when cast in the 1966 Western “El Dorado” opposite John Wayne and Robert Mitchum. Other notable projects include "Brian's Song" (1971), "The Gambler" (1974), "Rollerball" (1975), "A Bridge Too Far" (1977), "Misery" (1990), and "Elf" (2003). He also played Ed Deline, who ran the Montecito Resort and Casino on the TV show "Las Vegas."

Of course he'll forever be remembered as Sonny Corleone in "The Godfather" (1972), a role for which he scored a Best Supporting Actor nomination.

Did you see the follow-up scene from Dr. Sleep?

Direct: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UweD_ZDZik
link to original post

So far I've yet to read the book or see the film, although I did read "The Shining" and see both of its filmed versions. Viewed out of context, I think the scene would be a little jarring to first time viewers since it's a "Hey look at this cool homage audience" kind of moment. But yeah, being somewhat of a King fan I should read the novel and then see the picture and the scene in context.
Gialmere
Gialmere
July 25th, 2022 at 12:59:54 PM permalink

Actor Paul Sorvino died today in Jacksonville, Florida. He was 83. Cause of death was said to be from natural causes. It was known he had been in poor health for the past few years.

Born in Brooklyn in 1939, Sorvino attended the American Musical and Dramatic Academy in New York where he fell in love with theater. He made his Broadway debut in 1964 in “Bajour,” and booked his first movie, “Where’s Poppa?” in 1970. With over 100 acting credits to his name, he had a knack for playing gangsters and cops, notably in Martin Scorsese’s 1990 hit “Goodfellas” and NYPD sergeant Phil Cerretta on Seasons 2 and 3 of “Law & Order.” Other notable projects include "The Gambler" (1974), "Oh, God!" (1977), "The Brink's Job" (1978), "The Rocketeer" (1991), "The Firm" (1993), "Nixon" (1995) and "Romeo + Juliet" (1996).

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Character actor David Warner died on Sunday in Northwood near London. He was 80. Cause of death is described as a “cancer-related illness.”

Born in Manchester in 1941, Warner trained at the Royal Academic of Dramatic Arts and then became part of the Royal Shakespeare Company. Warner was primarily cast in villainous roles. He's best know for playing the villainous henchman of Billy Zane’s Pittsburgh steel tycoon Cal Hockley in Titanic (1997). His (good guy) character in "The Omen" (1976) had one of the most famous horror film deaths of all time.

Warner also appeared in “Tron” (1982), “Little Malcolm” (1974), “Time Bandits” (1981), “The French Lieutenant’s Woman” (1981), “The Man with Two Brains” (1983) and the 1964 Best Picture winner “Tom Jones.” In his final credited role, the actor starred in the 2018 sequel “Mary Poppins Returns.” He also had many TV roles including “Penny Dreadful,” “Ripper Street,” “Star Trek,” “Doctor Who,” the original “Twin Peaks” and “Masada” (1981), for which he won an Emmy for Best Supporting Actor in a Limited Series or Special. He also voiced the Narrator part for many Winnie the Pooh shows for Disney.

ChumpChange
ChumpChange
July 25th, 2022 at 1:13:47 PM permalink
I don't search out James Caan movies to watch but I was scrolling through my Roku machine and ran across
Thief (1981) https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0083190/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_86
and The Killer Elite (1975) https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0073240/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_96

In related violence, I ran across Sylvester Stallone in Death Race 2000 (1975) https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0072856/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_84 (the trailer at the link is weak)
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
July 25th, 2022 at 5:04:25 PM permalink

Actor Paul Sorvino died today in Jacksonville, Florida. He was 83. Cause of death was said to be from natural causes. It was known he had been in poor health for the past few years.

Born in Brooklyn in 1939, Sorvino attended the American Musical and Dramatic Academy in New York where he fell in love with theater. He made his Broadway debut in 1964 in “Bajour,” and booked his first movie, “Where’s Poppa?” in 1970. With over 100 acting credits to his name, he had a knack for playing gangsters and cops, notably in Martin Scorsese’s 1990 hit “Goodfellas” and NYPD sergeant Phil Cerretta on Seasons 2 and 3 of “Law & Order.” Other notable projects include "The Gambler" (1974), "Oh, God!" (1977), "The Brink's Job" (1978), "The Rocketeer" (1991), "The Firm" (1993), "Nixon" (1995) and "Romeo + Juliet" (1996).

While he played a good part in "Goodfellas" it was not at all accurate. Scorsese played him as a sort of caring uncle to the neighborhood. The real guy once cracked a waitress with a baseball bat. breaking her shoulder, because she told his wife about their affair.

You forgot to mention his part in "Bad Blood." A Canadian mafia series. Not quite a series but longer than a mini-series. As an American it was fun to watch how they played it up there. I figure Sorvino was in it because Canada has only so many mafia-typecast actors around. Watch at least the first season if it is still on Netflix or elsewhere. Second season not quite as much.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
camapl
camapl
July 26th, 2022 at 12:12:26 AM permalink
“Bad Blood” +1
Expectation is the root of all heartache.
ChumpChange
ChumpChange
July 26th, 2022 at 3:31:07 PM permalink
Several hours ago, the "Leave it to Beaver" star was announced to have passed at 77 years old, but now the management company that represents him has pulled the statement.

"According to Judy Twersky, a longtime friend of Dow’s, he was still alive as of 3:30 p.m. ET, when she spoke to Dow’s wife, Lauren Dow," said CNN.

Lauren Dow explained to Twersky that he was still breathing and receiving hospice care. It's unknown what happened to the statement and how it ultimately was posted, Twersky told CNN.

Dow played Wally, the older brother of "The Beaver" on the show that ran from 1957 to 1963. It's been just two years since Ken Osmond, who played Eddie Haskill, died.

Jerry Mathers, who played Theodore "Beaver" Cleaver said that losing Tony will leave "an empty place in my heart." Though his statement came after the false news that Dow had died.
Gialmere
Gialmere
Thanked by
smoothgrh
July 27th, 2022 at 1:20:52 PM permalink

You only live twice. Actor Tony Dow died again today at his home in Topanga, California. He was 77. Cause of death was liver cancer.

Born in Hollywood, California -- Dow found massive fame as Wally Cleaver on "Leave It To Beaver" which ran from 1957 to 1963. He also starred in the show "Never too Young" a few years later. Many guest star jobs followed on shows like "Lassie," "Adam-12," "Mod Squad," "Emergency!" "Square Pegs," "Quincy M.E." "Knight Rider," "The Love Boat" and "Murder, She Wrote."

In 1983 he reprised his role as Wally on "The New Leave It to Beaver." During this show he got behind the camera and directed 5 episodes. This led to other directorial work on shows such as "Swamp Thing," "Coach," "Babylon 5" and "Star Trek: Deep Space Nine."

The confusion over his death resulted from his distraught wife thinking he had died and telling their publicist to release the news.

Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
July 27th, 2022 at 2:52:56 PM permalink
I watched every episode of Leave it to Beaver many times in reruns. As I recall, it was on channel 5 in Los Angeles every day at least once. There weren't too many black and white shows, at least for the entire run, that I liked, but Leave it to Beaver was one of them.

As the oldest of three boys myself, I identified with the patient and protective Wally and think he was a role model to me, although I never would have formulated such a thought at the time.

In honor of Tony Dow, I present the following Leave it to Beaver trivia challenge!

1. True or false – A young Alice Cooper played the role of Eddie Haskell?
2. The show premiered on October 4, 1957. What other notable event happened that day?
3. What was the name of the town the show took place in?
4. What state was said town in?
5. What two-word phrase was used many times on the show to describe people or things in a positive way?
6. What was arguably June Cleaver’s most famous quote?
7. What was the name of Beaver’s classmate who was frequently mentioned, but never seen?
8. What was the Beaver’s first name?
9. What was Wally’s first name (it wasn’t Wally)?
10. Actor Ken Osmond, who played Eddie Haskell, went onto what profession after his time as a child actor?
11. Who was Beaver’s tattletale classmate who frequently got him into trouble?
12. The second episode “Captain Jack,” was the first episode in American history to show what?
13. What was the name of Wally’s girlfriend, who he eventually marries?
14. What was the name of Beaver’s school?
15. What was the name of Beaver’s second grade teacher, whom he had a crush on?
16. What was June’s maiden name?
17. How did Beaver get that nickname?
18. What was the name of the fireman?
19. What was the name of the 1983 reunion show?
20. What significant change happened between seasons two and three?

smoothgrh
smoothgrh
July 27th, 2022 at 3:31:43 PM permalink

link to original post

"Jive-ass dude don't got no brains anyhow! Shiiiiit." (Oh wait, that was Barbara Billingsley's character in "Airplane!")

I watched this show quite often as a lad, but the years have been tough on the memory!

FALSE
THEODORE
10. Actor Ken Osmond, who played Eddie Haskell, went onto what profession after his time as a child actor?
POLICE OFFICER
Oooh, um, Lumpy?
12. The second episode “Captain Jack,” was the first episode in American history to show what?
Oooh, I think it was a toilet?

Last edited by: smoothgrh on Jul 27, 2022
DRich
DRich
July 27th, 2022 at 3:42:01 PM permalink
Quote: smoothgrh

"Jive-ass dude don't got no brains anyhow! Shiiiiit." (Oh wait, that was Barbara Billingsley's character in "Airplane!")

Maybe the greatest movie ever made.
At my age, a "Life In Prison" sentence is not much of a deterrent.
ChesterDog
ChesterDog 
July 27th, 2022 at 6:47:31 PM permalink

2. The show premiered on October 4, 1957. What other notable event happened that day?
5. What two-word phrase was used many times on the show to describe people or things in a positive way?
7. What was the name of Beaver’s classmate who was frequently mentioned, but never seen?

link to original post

False
???
???
???
???
"Ward, try not to be too hard on the Beaver."
???
Theodore
???
California Highway Patrolman
???
a bathroom
???
???
Miss Landers
???
When he tried to say his own name Theodore, it sounded like "Beaver."
???
???
???
Gialmere
Gialmere
July 27th, 2022 at 7:25:20 PM permalink
I never watched LitB. (Although I did see the Cleaver house while taking the backlot tour at Universal Studios as a kid. It turns out they lived on the same street as The Munsters.)

I am, however, a space buff.

Sputnik launch
  • Jump to: