Thread Rating:

ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 22
November 17th, 2018 at 2:19:35 PM permalink
Quote: MaxPen

Here he is in France visiting the graves of US soldiers.

Cool.

Why didn’t he go to the ceremonies with the other world leaders? (Rhetorical question: the answer is he didn’t want people to see what his hair looks like when it gets wet).

And why didn’t he visit Arlington cemetery on Veterans Day? (Same answer as above).

Trump doesn’t give a flying f*** about veterans.
Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
Boz
Boz
  • Threads: 155
November 17th, 2018 at 2:21:07 PM permalink
Silly Max, hatred of Trump for fear of him succeeding “Trumps” any personal gain or benefit to others. You should know that by now.
TigerWu
TigerWu
  • Threads: 26
November 17th, 2018 at 2:35:55 PM permalink

He has done more to fix the VA, which you yourself claim to be a beneficiary of its health insurance, than any other President in the last few decades.

Good.

Too bad he's a walking s***show in almost every other aspect of his Presidency.
MaxPen
MaxPen
  • Threads: 13
November 17th, 2018 at 3:00:49 PM permalink
Quote: ams288

Cool.

And why didn’t he visit Arlington cemetery on Veterans Day?

Do you run right out after getting back from an international trip? He already paid his respects in France. Good enough for me and I am actually a Veteran.

Can you answer me a question? Why does obama have a SSN from a state he never lived in?
darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 297
November 17th, 2018 at 3:46:10 PM permalink

Do you run right out after getting back from an international trip? He already paid his respects in France. Good enough for me and I am actually a Veteran.

Can you answer me a question? Why does obama have a SSN from a state he never lived in?

Just hazarding a guess

Because SSN are federal?

A trick question?
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
darkoz
darkoz
November 17th, 2018 at 3:48:38 PM permalink

Here he is in France visiting the graves of US soldiers. He has done more to fix the VA, which you yourself claim to be a beneficiary of its health insurance, than any other President in the last few decades.

This looks like a fake news pic or photoshop

So im supposed to believe Trump visited a cemetery in a foreign land...

With not one single soul not one secret service agent and not one single paparazzo in sight?

Just supposedly a single photographer who took this convenience snapshot (who told everyone to stand behind him for a clear shot of the president lol)
TigerWu
TigerWu
November 17th, 2018 at 3:50:21 PM permalink

Do you run right out after getting back from an international trip?

If I was the President on a Federal holiday for veterans I would. Shame you don't hold your Presidents to a higher standard than an average Joe Blow on a European vacation.

Quote:

Because you don't know how the SS system works and apparently can't google simple facts.

OnceDear
OnceDear
  • Threads: 63
November 17th, 2018 at 4:01:05 PM permalink
Quote: darkoz

Here he is in France visiting the graves of US soldiers. He has done more to fix the VA, which you yourself claim to be a beneficiary of its health insurance, than any other President in the last few decades.

With not one single soul not one secret service agent and not one single paparazzo in sight?

Just supposedly a single photographer who took this convenience snapshot (who told everyone to stand behind him for a clear shot of the president lol)

Well, there's evidence that he did attend a military cemetery in france on 11th Nov. The timeline is deliberately fuzzy though.
https://www.militarytimes.com/news/2018/11/16/trump-expresses-regret-for-not-visiting-arlington-cemetery-on-veterans-day/
"President Donald Trump stands in front of headstones during an American Commemoration Ceremony on Nov. 11, 2018, at Suresnes American Cemetery near Paris."
But why this one, so imprompu and barely noticed?: Here's a clue. It was AFTER he'd seen critical news coverage slating him for not attending at another event. "Get me a photo-op at a cemetery, you idiots: QUICK! and make damned sure the tower is in shot"
Incidentally, Didn't he announce on Saturday that he wouldn't be attending on Sunday, but later blamed it on bad weather (the same bad weather that didn't keep Kelly away?) So.... he's better at forecasting the weather than any experts!
Psalm 25:16 Turn to me and be gracious to me, for I am lonely and afflicted. Proverbs 18:2 A fool finds no satisfaction in trying to understand, for he would rather express his own opinion.
MaxPen
MaxPen
November 17th, 2018 at 4:02:23 PM permalink
Quote: TigerWu

If I was the President on a Federal holiday for veterans I would. Shame you don't hold your Presidents to a higher standard than an average Joe Blow on a European vacation.

Because you don't know how the SS system works and apparently can't google simple facts.

That's a whole lot of explaining away what is and should be a very simple matter. It starts from the absurd to make the reality seem normal, which it is far from.
ams288
ams288
Thanked by
tringlomane
November 17th, 2018 at 4:05:24 PM permalink

It’s a photo op.

Had there been no photographer there, Donald would have never gone. He would have just stayed in his hotel room longer hate-tweeting while watching Fox News.
MaxPen
MaxPen
November 17th, 2018 at 5:07:53 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

When did you get your SS ,Max? People today get them at birth but people our age didn't. My SS card was issued when I was 14 and evidently I applied for it in NY, even though I'm pretty sure I wasn't in NY that year.

It was when I got my first part time job in California and my prefix in the 550's reflects that. I was born elsewhere. What business did Obama or any of his family have in Connecticut?
Boz
Boz
November 17th, 2018 at 5:52:36 PM permalink

It was when I got my first part time job in California and my prefix in the 550's reflects that. I was born elsewhere. What business did Obama or any of his family have in Connecticut?

https://boston.cbslocal.com/2011/08/29/report-obama’s-uncle-arrested-for-drunk-driving-in-framingham/

He had a drunken Uncle in MA.
petroglyph
petroglyph
  • Threads: 19
November 17th, 2018 at 6:52:39 PM permalink

<<<Trump doesn’t give a flying f*** about veterans.

Who does?

"“Military men are just dumb, stupid animals to be used as pawns in foreign policy.”

― Henry Kissinger
petroglyph
petroglyph
November 17th, 2018 at 6:58:31 PM permalink
"If you go the the VA for health care, you've been given the chance, to risk your life twice for your country" u/k
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
  • Threads: 232
November 18th, 2018 at 2:39:40 AM permalink
Faux News - Laura Ingraham is back 😃
Please don't feed the trolls
Fleaswatter
Fleaswatter
  • Threads: 10
November 18th, 2018 at 8:20:47 AM permalink
Quote: petroglyph

Who does?

"“Military men are just dumb, stupid animals to be used as pawns in foreign policy.”

― Henry Kissinger

There is no proof that Kissinger actually said this.
new motto for the left: “I don't know if I received bad information, but I think I suspected there was more than there actually was,” (John Brennan Mar 25, 2019)
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
November 18th, 2018 at 8:32:14 AM permalink
Quote: Fleaswatter

Of course he never said that. Supposedly, someone says he said it to Alexander Haig who passed it along to Bernstien and Woodward.
Who needs the truth, when it is so inconvenient.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
Boz
Boz
November 18th, 2018 at 8:57:29 AM permalink
Quote: billryan

Of course he never said that. Supposedly, someone says he said it to Alexander Haig who passed it along to Bernstien and Woodward.
Who needs the truth, when it is so inconvenient.

Who would have ever thought it? Those 2 passed on unverified information. Perfect example of the media.
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 89
November 18th, 2018 at 9:51:32 AM permalink
Quote: Boz

Who would have ever thought it? Those 2 passed on unverified information. Perfect example of the media.

Bottom line
Woodward and Bernstein got it right
Anybody see that recent long series Watergate on the History channel.
It was great. The actor playing Nixon nailed it. I lived through that era yet the series was riviting. Highly recommend it. Its so fascinating because we are seeing historic oval office conversations exactly as they were spoken including Kissinger.

Kissinger was telling terrible lies to Nixon regarding Daniel Ellsberg in the oval office. Its a fact. It was recorded.
Just outright lies

Kissinger has no comment lol

https://www.history.com/shows/watergate
Last edited by: terapined on Nov 18, 2018
Its just a forum. Nothing here to get obsessed about.
ams288
ams288
November 18th, 2018 at 10:21:42 AM permalink

“Little Adam Schitt” - He’s losing his touch in coming up with clever nicknames. I doubt they’ll even be allowed to repeat this one over and over on Fox News.

Praise Jesus that Adam Schiff will be leading the House Intelligence Committee come January!
darkoz
darkoz
November 18th, 2018 at 11:09:23 AM permalink

“Little Adam Schitt” - He’s losing his touch in coming up with clever nicknames. I doubt they’ll even be allowed to repeat this one over and over on Fox News.

Praise Jesus that Adam Schiff will be leading the House Intelligence Committee come January!

Hes stupid because he is comparing 2 different job positions

Like saying the VP didnt get approved for office like Kavanaugh did

Different positions different rules
Boz
Boz
November 18th, 2018 at 11:38:53 AM permalink
And yet all 3 of us continue to thrive in spite of Trump doing everything possible to ruin America in general and hard working folks like us in particular.

America is so Great Again that mobs of people are willing to starve their children for months, sh@t along the road just for the chance to try and get in here. By either legal or illegal means.

Yea, I’ll give you that, Trump hasn’t done sh&t to get these F’s to stay away. He’s doing a horrible job of ruining the country for future welfare recipients.
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
  • Threads: 57
Thanked by
tringlomaneRSmcallister3200ams288
November 18th, 2018 at 11:40:59 AM permalink
petroglyph
petroglyph
November 18th, 2018 at 12:32:39 PM permalink
Quote: Fleaswatter

My point was/is the first two words in
the response to AMS, " <<<
Quote:

Trump doesn’t give a flying f*** about veterans.

Me:
Quote:

Who does?

[sarc] still stands. I just finished a new book "Life after Vietnam" a story of how the Vietnam war affected the lives of 15 vets. Most of them have side effects from Agent Orange, and the story tells of how, many were spit on and discriminated against for serving in that war.

Veterans day passed just recently. I have been waiting to see 'The Wall' at the Trop in Laughlin since I last saw it there 5 years ago, and posted about it's appearance before. Do to weather and ill health, I was unable to make it this time, and in a melancholy state of mind.

Using Kissingers debated, denied, and unproven quote in retrospect was a poor choice, I should have sourced a better one.

Although I am not a vet myself, I have an affinity for them.
Boz
Boz
November 18th, 2018 at 5:55:52 PM permalink
https://https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/nov/19/mexico-protests-grow-in-tijuana-against-migrant-caravan

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/news/immigration/sd-me-caravan-protest-tijuana-tense-20181118-story.html

Congratulations to these Mexican “Nationalists”, standing up against these invaders. Face it, nobody wants a bunch of homeless moving into their neighborhood.

Perhaps there is a future for a Mexican politician who runs on building a border on their Southern Border.

#shipthemback #nohomelessshatinourstreets. Https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/migrants-met-fear-disdain-tijuana-mexico-n937506
darkoz
darkoz
November 18th, 2018 at 6:47:50 PM permalink

Me: [sarc] still stands. I just finished a new book "Life after Vietnam" a story of how the Vietnam war affected the lives of 15 vets. Most of them have side effects from Agent Orange, and the story tells of how, many were spit on and discriminated against for serving in that war.

Veterans day passed just recently. I have been waiting to see 'The Wall' at the Trop in Laughlin since I last saw it there 5 years ago, and posted about it's appearance before. Do to weather and ill health, I was unable to make it this time, and in a melancholy state of mind.

Using Kissingers debated, denied, and unproven quote in retrospect was a poor choice, I should have sourced a better one.

Donald Trump is Agent Orange lol
Boz
Boz
November 18th, 2018 at 7:17:29 PM permalink

Me: [sarc] still stands. I just finished a new book "Life after Vietnam" a story of how the Vietnam war affected the lives of 15 vets. Most of them have side effects from Agent Orange, and the story tells of how, many were spit on and discriminated against for serving in that war.

Don’t you have some Buffalo hunting to be doing? Or does your crew do the profitable stuff for you?
petroglyph
petroglyph
November 19th, 2018 at 1:21:38 AM permalink
After Saudi Arabia concludes it's investigation into the Kashoggi death, it turns out it was a suicide.
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
November 19th, 2018 at 3:58:56 PM permalink
President Donald Trump vowed to make the Earth’s climate great again as he toured the destruction caused by the deadliest wildfire in California’s history.
After witnessing the devastation inflicted on the community of Paradise, Trump on Saturday was asked by reporters whether his opinion on climate change had been altered.
“No. No. I have a strong opinion: I want great climate, we’re going to have that,” he replied.

Have you raked your forest today?
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
Dalex64
Dalex64
  • Threads: 1
November 19th, 2018 at 4:13:50 PM permalink
When he said that I immediately thought of how it appeared he thought "clean coal" worked.

"We've ended the war on beautiful, clean coal. and it's just been announced that a second, brand new coal mine where they're going to take out clean coal — meaning they're taking out coal, they're going to clean it — is opening in the state of Pennsylvania," Trump said.
ams288
ams288
November 19th, 2018 at 4:44:28 PM permalink
What’s this I’m seeing about Ivanka using private email for official government business???

Surely the “Lock her up” crowd will be outraged over this!

(Thank god Dems have subpoena power come January!!)
Dalex64
Dalex64
  • Threads: 1
November 19th, 2018 at 5:20:18 PM permalink

What’s this I’m seeing about Ivanka using private email for official government business???

(Thank god Dems have subpoena power come January!!)

Oh see, it's different. She didn't set up a private server and use that, she used public servers. Oh wait...
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
  • Threads: 34
November 19th, 2018 at 7:34:34 PM permalink

Why look up any facts when easy expedience does the trick?

“To address misinformation being peddled about Ms. Trump’s personal email, she did not create a private server in her house or office, there was never classified information transmitted, the account was never transferred or housed at Trump Organization, no emails were ever deleted, and the emails have been retained in the official account in conformity with records preservation laws and rules,” Mirijanian said in his statement. bloomberg
darkoz
darkoz
November 19th, 2018 at 7:43:30 PM permalink
Quote: Boz

Don’t you have some Buffalo hunting to be doing? Or does your crew do the profitable stuff for you?

Both I guess

I cant be in 7 places all at once
MaxPen
MaxPen
November 19th, 2018 at 7:52:22 PM permalink
You'd have a better shot at it if you traded the bus pass for a helicopter.😀
ams288
ams288
November 20th, 2018 at 2:58:50 AM permalink
Quote: SanchoPanza

“To address misinformation being peddled about Ms. Trump’s personal email, she did not create a private server in her house or office, there was never classified information transmitted, the account was never transferred or housed at Trump Organization, no emails were ever deleted, and the emails have been retained in the official account in conformity with records preservation laws and rules,” Mirijanian said in his statement. bloomberg

Oh wow. Thanks for finding a quote from Ivanka’s lawyer that literally refutes nothing I said in my original post! Very helpful.

Wonder if they’ll work it out so Jared and Ivanka can stay in the same prison??
terapined
terapined
November 20th, 2018 at 4:52:22 AM permalink
Quote: SanchoPanza

Why is she using a personal email acct for govt business
The above gibberish does not explain what a dumb blond she is for doing this
I have 2 email accts
One is strictly for business that I use on my job
The other is personal. Its easy to keep them seperate
The fact that has not been disputed is she used a personal email acct for govt business
Why? Is she that dumb?
Nathan
Nathan
  • Threads: 66
November 20th, 2018 at 4:55:21 AM permalink
I find it interesting that Michelle Obama the recent Former First Lady is nowadays getting more exposure than Barack Obama, the recent ex President! O.O
In both The Hunger Games and in gambling, may the odds be ever in your favor. :D "Man Babes" #AxelFabulous "Olive oil is processed but it only has one ingredient, olive oil."-Even Bob, March 27/28th. :D The 2 year war is over! Woo-hoo! :D I sometimes speak in metaphors. ;) Remember this. ;) Crack the code. :D 8.9.13.25.14.1.13.5.9.19.14.1.20.8.1.14! :D "For about the 4096th time, let me offer a radical idea to those of you who don't like Nathan -- block her and don't visit Nathan's Corner. What is so complicated about it?" Wizard, August 21st. :D
ams288
ams288
November 20th, 2018 at 5:10:48 AM permalink
Quote: terapined

Why? Is she that dumb?

I don't think Ivanka is dumb. There's a better adjective to use.... probably "crooked." Just like all the Trumps are.
ams288
ams288
November 20th, 2018 at 5:16:40 AM permalink

Nathan
Nathan
  • Threads: 66
November 20th, 2018 at 5:23:40 AM permalink

I don't think Ivanka is dumb. There's a better adjective to use.... probably "crooked." Just like all the Trumps are.

Someone on another website said that Ivanka was being considered as a Candidate for first female President of USA. The reply was,"Ivanka seems to be an airhead party girl. She seems to immature to be President." The response was,"Ivanka is far from being an airhead party girl. She's a very serious businesswoman and actually comes off as much mature than her Dad, President Donald Trump."
In both The Hunger Games and in gambling, may the odds be ever in your favor. :D "Man Babes" #AxelFabulous "Olive oil is processed but it only has one ingredient, olive oil."-Even Bob, March 27/28th. :D The 2 year war is over! Woo-hoo! :D I sometimes speak in metaphors. ;) Remember this. ;) Crack the code. :D 8.9.13.25.14.1.13.5.9.19.14.1.20.8.1.14! :D "For about the 4096th time, let me offer a radical idea to those of you who don't like Nathan -- block her and don't visit Nathan's Corner. What is so complicated about it?" Wizard, August 21st. :D
terapined
terapined
November 20th, 2018 at 5:29:55 AM permalink

OMG
I just did the search on Ivanka email
nothing, 0, zilch, nada
ROTFL
Fox viewers don't have the foggiest idea what's going on
RonC
RonC
  • Threads: 40
Thanked by
RS
November 20th, 2018 at 6:22:35 AM permalink
OMG...try Google!

Have a great Thanksgiving! So much to be thankful for...and none of it has anything to do with politics!
ams288
ams288
November 20th, 2018 at 6:24:39 AM permalink
Quote: terapined

Fox viewers don't have the foggiest idea what's going on

Even if Fox did report on it, their loyal viewers probably wouldn’t see it. They’re most likely hiding in their basements, clinging to their guns, and waiting for the “caravan” to arrive.
OnceDear
OnceDear
  • Threads: 63
November 20th, 2018 at 6:26:51 AM permalink
Quote: RonC

OMG...try Google!

Hilarious if you google "ivanka email fox"
Psalm 25:16 Turn to me and be gracious to me, for I am lonely and afflicted. Proverbs 18:2 A fool finds no satisfaction in trying to understand, for he would rather express his own opinion.
FinsRule
FinsRule
  • Threads: 129
November 20th, 2018 at 6:37:14 AM permalink
Ivanka is a good looking version of Hillary. They have pretty similar political views as well.
ams288
ams288
November 20th, 2018 at 7:27:46 AM permalink
Remember all throughout 2017 when the Trumpsters would always highlight how good Donald was for everyone’s 401k? Why have they been so silent lately?

*looks at stock market*

Oh.
TigerWu
TigerWu
November 20th, 2018 at 8:02:40 AM permalink

Remember all throughout 2017 when the Trumpsters would always highlight how good Donald was for everyone’s 401k? Why have they been so silent lately?

*looks at stock market*

Oh.

Treasury yields have slowly been climbing, though, so that's good.

S&P on January 2nd was 2695.81. As of yesterday, November 19th, it was 2690.73. Zero gains, year to date.

Dow was 24,824.01 on Jan 2nd. Yesterday it was 25,017.44, less than a 1% gain for the year.

Nasdaq was 7006.90 on Jan 2nd. Yesterday it was 7028.48, a fraction of a percent gain.

2017 was good, 2018 was stagnant as all get out. Not a good year for 401k's at all, that's why Trump and his supporters have been so silent. But not terrible, because at least it wasn't a loss (not counting inflation). I'm not complaining, because I've got a good 15-20 years or so until retirement. It's all about the long con....
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 213
November 20th, 2018 at 8:08:34 AM permalink
Quote: Nathan

I find it interesting that Michelle Obama the recent Former First Lady is nowadays getting more exposure than Barack Obama, the recent ex President! O.O

Normal for promoting a book to do a book tour and do interviews and travel.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
  • Jump to: