Thread Rating:

Steverinos
Steverinos
  • Threads: 5
Thanked by
ams288
October 10th, 2018 at 12:39:55 PM permalink
Quote: TigerWu

I feel like some of these folks aren't even watching the video to make up their own minds or to get all the information; they just automatically defend Trump no matter what, even when he's objectively in the wrong.

That is exactly what's going on. This kind of thing from the POTUS is indefensible. It's amazing how far people will debase themselves to defend this indecency.
petroglyph
petroglyph
  • Threads: 19
October 10th, 2018 at 12:44:34 PM permalink
Quote: Steverinos

What is so hard about this:

He insulted her BEFORE she asked her question.

If that hurt her feelings, she needs to get in another line of work.

If that hurt your feelings, you should avoid reading any more POTUS interviews. See how this free thing works?

Not every waking moment a pres has can be spent coddling reporters, especially those there with an derogatory agenda.

I think he should bar attack "news" orgs from briefings. That would still satisfy the 1st, as there would be plenty of other press agency's available.
petroglyph
petroglyph
October 10th, 2018 at 12:45:40 PM permalink

That is exactly what's going on. This kind of thing from the POTUS is indefensible. It's amazing how far people will debase themselves to defend this indecency.

This is ridiculously silly.
darkoz
darkoz 
  • Threads: 297
October 10th, 2018 at 12:46:36 PM permalink
Quote: ams288

For someone with as frail an ego as Donald, it kind of is.

Anyone else and it’d be no big deal.

We all know Republican politicians tap their shoes in the stalls for extra toilet paper

And a few happy endings
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
Steverinos
Steverinos
October 10th, 2018 at 12:48:12 PM permalink
Quote: petroglyph

This is ridiculously silly.

Hey, look at that, we agree! It is silly!

Instead of saying "I'm sorry", she should've said,..."Why don't you go f**k yourself."
TigerWu
TigerWu
  • Threads: 26
October 10th, 2018 at 12:48:31 PM permalink

We're not talking about her feelings. We're talking about Trump being an a**hole to her for no reason.

Quote:

Not every waking moment a pres has can be spent coddling reporters, especially those there with an derogatory agenda.

If a President's feelings are hurt by reporters with a derogatory agenda, he needs to get in another line of work.
TigerWu
TigerWu
October 10th, 2018 at 12:50:14 PM permalink

Hey, look at that, we agree! It is silly!

Instead of saying "I'm sorry", she should've said,..."Why don't you go f**k yourself."

Let's all remember this incident the next time a Democratic President is even REMOTELY short with someone from the press corps, and we'll see how his/her detractors react...
darkoz
darkoz 
October 10th, 2018 at 12:53:21 PM permalink

If that hurt your feelings, you should avoid reading any more POTUS interviews. See how this free thing works?

I think he should bar attack "news" orgs from briefings. That would still satisfy the 1st, as there would be plenty of other press agency's available.

You seriously are suggesting barring news organizations you dont like would be protected under the 1st amendment because ones you do like can still get interviews?

Thats the way Putin and other dictators do it btw

RonC - you seem to have more sense than the above suggestion. Do YOU see why its difficult not to lump all the righties into this insane read and interpret everything wrong bubble
petroglyph
petroglyph
October 10th, 2018 at 12:55:30 PM permalink

Perfect example of what liberals think is fair.

That is how you want the POTUS spoken to? Maybe in private, I'm sure DT could handle it just fine. But not on international news.

Where in Roberts Rules would she be allowed to completely change the topic of the briefer?
Steverinos
Steverinos
October 10th, 2018 at 12:56:24 PM permalink

Where in Roberts Rules would she be allowed to completely change the topic of the briefer?

You tell me. It's exactly what you've done with this discussion.
TigerWu
TigerWu
October 10th, 2018 at 12:58:53 PM permalink

That is how you want the POTUS spoken to? Maybe in private, I'm sure DT could handle it just fine. But not on international news.

So you think it's okay for the President to treat reporters like s*** on international news?

Quote:

She shouldn't. What does that have to do with Trump acting like a jerk before she even had a chance to ask a question?
Steverinos
Steverinos
October 10th, 2018 at 1:00:54 PM permalink

She hadn't even had the opportunity to change the topic before he insulted her.
petroglyph
petroglyph
October 10th, 2018 at 1:03:52 PM permalink
Quote: darkoz

You seriously are suggesting barring news organizations you dont like would be protected under the 1st amendment because ones you do like can still get interviews?

Thats the way Putin and other dictators do it btw.

There are limited amounts of seats in the briefing room, would you have seats allotted for the Onion, the Enquirer, RT etc.?

There are only so many minutes in each day, keeping meetings in order is more efficient than allowing chaos.

You do use "dictator" fairly loosely btw.

Quote:

.... Do YOU see why its difficult not to lump all the righties into this insane read and interpret everything wrong bubble

I have never registered Rep. in my life of voting [since 1974], I'm not a Trump supporter, yet you feel it your duty to call me names.
Steverinos
Steverinos
October 10th, 2018 at 1:05:18 PM permalink

Perfect example of what liberals think is fair.

Hell yeah I think it's fair. We have the most insulting and demeaning POTUS in our history. We have to start fighting fire with fire.

"When they go low, we go high." - Michelle Obama

To hell with that.

"When they go low, we kick em in the balls." - Steverinos
TigerWu
TigerWu
October 10th, 2018 at 1:06:50 PM permalink
Trump: "She's shocked that I picked her. She's like in a state of shock."

Vega: "I'm not... Thank you, Mr. President..."

Trump: "That's okay, I know you're not thinking. You never do."

Vega: "I'm sorry?"

Trump: "No, go ahead."

Vega: .....

Trump: "Go ahead."

Somebody explain to me why it's okay for the President of the United States to act that way in public towards a private citizen.
RonC
RonC
  • Threads: 40
October 10th, 2018 at 1:07:18 PM permalink
Quote: darkoz

RonC - you seem to have more sense than the above suggestion. Do YOU see why its difficult not to lump all the righties into this insane read and interpret everything wrong bubble

I always remember not to lump all liberals in with Sheila Jackson Lee.
petroglyph
petroglyph
October 10th, 2018 at 1:12:26 PM permalink

She hadn't even had the opportunity to change the topic before he insulted her.

Anything that could be construed to be an insult or furthers your agenda will be attempted to be used by your "side".

I hope that's the worst insult any of us ever have to endure.

Bombing a country into the stone age is an insult, you can keep your dr. [lie] is an insult, wmd's,.... "you aren't thinking",,,pfft.

What kind of job do you have, where the boss doesn't set people strait once in awhile?
petroglyph
petroglyph
October 10th, 2018 at 1:18:31 PM permalink

Somebody explain to me why it's okay for the President of the United States to act that way in public towards a private citizen.

Does the POTUS not have free speech?
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 122
October 10th, 2018 at 1:25:53 PM permalink

What is so hard about this:

He insulted her BEFORE she asked her question.

He was clairvoyant. And saved time obviously.
TigerWu
TigerWu
October 10th, 2018 at 1:26:08 PM permalink

Does the POTUS not have free speech?

Yes.

So you're okay with the President of the United States being an a**hole to private citizens on national news for no reason?

You seemed awfully defensive of how the President should be treated in public:

Quote:

....but when it goes the other way, "Eh, f*** it, free speech, right? Who cares..."
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 122
October 10th, 2018 at 1:30:38 PM permalink

Trump: "She's shocked that I picked her. She's like in a state of shock."

Vega: "I'm not... Thank you, Mr. President..."

Trump: "That's okay, I know you're not thinking. You never do."

Vega: "I'm sorry?"

Trump: "No, go ahead."

Vega: .....

Trump: "Go ahead."

No one can. It really is amazing that he can be THAT RUDE! But it does not affect the way he governs. He got his trade deal. He got his Supreme Court Justice. He got his tax plan. He doesn't get everything, as we have a Congress that keeps him in check somewhat. President Haley will never be that rude. Nor will President Klobuchar.
Maverick17
Maverick17
  • Threads: 17
October 10th, 2018 at 1:46:54 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

No one can. It really is amazing that he can be THAT RUDE! But it does not affect the way he governs. He got his trade deal. He got his Supreme Court Justice. He got his tax plan. He doesn't get everything, as we have a Congress that keeps him in check somewhat. President Haley will never be that rude. Nor will President Klobuchar.

We have a lot of TRUMP's to work though before we get to the Haley's and Klobuchar's.
Statistics don't lie, they deceive.
petroglyph
petroglyph
October 10th, 2018 at 1:50:35 PM permalink

Yes.

So you're okay with the President of the United States being an a**hole to private citizens on national news for no reason?

I don't see it as him being a hole, or him trying to keep the meeting from turning to chaos, as no reason. I am absolutely not insulted. If you or she are insulted, maybe search for your safe space?

Quote:

You seemed awfully defensive of how the President should be treated in public:

Having worked for bosses, been a boss, and seen bosses of large company's, I've never known them to let the audience dictate the course of info disseminating.

Quote:

....but when it goes the other way, "Eh, f*** it, free speech, right? Who cares..."

Taking abuse by all 7 billion people on the planet is not what he was hired to do.

Are you really that offended ? You people seem to have had a pretty protected life if that's what sends you home. In some cases yes, people do need a thicker skin. I'd say being a reporter on national network news would be one of those places. If a reporter wants to keep coming to pres briefings, they need to learn a certain etiquette, and not just try to derail the briefing. Simple.
ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 22
October 10th, 2018 at 1:56:40 PM permalink
Quote: Maverick17

We have a lot of TRUMP's to work though before we get to the Haley's and Klobuchar's.

Can all those TRUMPs really be President from prison?
Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
TigerWu
TigerWu
October 10th, 2018 at 2:07:22 PM permalink

If a reporter wants to keep coming to pres briefings, they need to learn a certain etiquette, and not just try to derail the briefing. Simple.

What was the EXACT breach of etiquette that Vega displayed that made it okay for Trump to respond with "That's okay, I know you're not thinking. You never do."?

Please be as specific as possible.

Quote:

Taking abuse by all 7 billion people on the planet is not what he was hired to do.

If 7 billion people are abusing you and criticizing your decisions, you might want to take a step back from your life and figure out what you're doing wrong.

And if you don't want to do that, you probably shouldn't be the President of the United States.

Quote:

Are you really that offended ?

No, I just expect my Presidents to have more decorum and respect than a 6th grader in charge of a group science project.
darkoz
darkoz 
October 10th, 2018 at 2:08:10 PM permalink

There are limited amounts of seats in the briefing room, would you have seats allotted for the Onion, the Enquirer, RT etc.?

There are only so many minutes in each day, keeping meetings in order is more efficient than allowing chaos.

You do use "dictator" fairly loosely btw.

I have never registered Rep. in my life of voting [since 1974], I'm not a Trump supporter, yet you feel it your duty to call me names.

What names did I call you?

Republican? Sorry if I did. Didnt mean to offend you
darkoz
darkoz 
October 10th, 2018 at 2:08:48 PM permalink
Quote: RonC

I always remember not to lump all liberals in with Sheila Jackson Lee.

Thanks

Now we can all get along
ams288
ams288
October 10th, 2018 at 2:14:28 PM permalink
There is always a tweet to demonstrate his hypocrisy.

TigerWu
TigerWu
October 10th, 2018 at 2:19:02 PM permalink

If you or she are insulted, maybe search for your safe space?

A safe space like this one?

"Now, the Trump administration proposes to dramatically limit the right to demonstrate near the White House and on the National Mall, including in ways that would violate court orders that have stood for decades. The proposal would close 80 percent of the White House sidewalk, put new limits on spontaneous demonstrations, and open the door to charging fees for protesting."

Hope it doesn't get too hot at the White House next summer... I hear snowflakes have a very low melting point.
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
October 10th, 2018 at 2:24:40 PM permalink
It sounded very much like she said, “I’m not thinking...”, at least to me when I watch it. I’d bet every dollar I have that’s what Trump heard, too.
Steverinos
Steverinos
October 10th, 2018 at 2:28:00 PM permalink
Quote: RS

It sounded very much like she said, “I’m not thinking...”, at least to me when I watch it. I’d bet every dollar I have that’s what Trump heard, too.

She did say that. She probably WAS shocked that he picked her. Then he insulted her. And when she asked her to repeat it by saying, "I'm sorry?", he responded like a 12 year old in middle school by acting like he didn't say what he just said.

He's a jerk. I don't give a s**t if the economy is ROARING. It's not worth it for our country to debase ourselves for this guy. What a black eye on our nation's history.
TigerWu
TigerWu
October 10th, 2018 at 2:29:37 PM permalink
Quote: RS

I thought that's what she said at first, too, but then I listened to it again and she clearly says, "I'm not... Thank you Mr. President."

Regardless, his response, even if she DID say, "I'm not thinking," was completely inappropriate.
Steverinos
Steverinos
October 10th, 2018 at 2:36:05 PM permalink

I thought that's what she said at first, too, but then I listened to it again and she clearly says, "I'm not... Thank you Mr. President."

Regardless, his response, even if she DID say, "I'm not thinking," was completely inappropriate.

Actually, yeah, you're right. I'm not sure if she said that or not after a few more listens.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 212
October 10th, 2018 at 3:10:18 PM permalink
It's not that Trump is just rude and mean. it's like he's a 7 year old rude and mean. It's both embarrassing and disgusting and certainly not what I expect from a President.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
October 10th, 2018 at 3:20:35 PM permalink
With every hurricane, the media is
breathlessly awaiting 'Trump's Katrina'.
Instead we get Trump in the Oval,
with maps set up, tracking the storm.
And hourly contact with the FL governor.
They don't get that Trump is a hurricane
guy, he's lived in FL since 87. He would
never do what Bush did.
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
FinsRule
FinsRule
  • Threads: 128
Thanked by
ams288rxwinedarkozbeachbumbabs
October 10th, 2018 at 3:23:29 PM permalink
We already had it. Puerto Rico.
Steverinos
Steverinos
Thanked by
rxwine
October 10th, 2018 at 3:24:28 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

never do what Bush did.

Tell that to the people of Puerto Rico. They are probably out of paper towels.
TigerWu
TigerWu
Thanked by
rxwine
October 10th, 2018 at 3:25:35 PM permalink

???

Trump is headed to Pennsylvania as we speak for a campaign rally.

Tell that to the people of Puerto Rico. They are probably out of paper towels.

Tell Puerto Rico to check Trump's shoes.
ams288
ams288
October 10th, 2018 at 3:40:37 PM permalink

never do what Bush did.

So you’re saying the guy currently headed to the campaign rally is a body double and the real Trump is in the Oval?
darkoz
darkoz 
October 10th, 2018 at 4:11:05 PM permalink
Quote: ams288

So you’re saying the guy currently headed to the campaign rally is a body double and the real Trump is in the Oval?

I get why Trump lies

But why do his supporters lie as well?
Maverick17
Maverick17
  • Threads: 17
October 10th, 2018 at 5:10:38 PM permalink
What do you want YOUR PRESIDENT to do?

Sit and stare at a weather map?

If and when it goes down in Florida or any other state, YOUR PRESIDENT will be ready, willing, and able to put the plan He and His staff outlined into action.

Liberal worthless presidents smoke cigarettes in the Rose Garden plotting who to blame for their actions.

YOUR PRESIDENT leads.
Statistics don't lie, they deceive.
Steverinos
Steverinos
October 10th, 2018 at 5:19:18 PM permalink
Quote: Maverick17

YOUR PRESIDENT leads.

Puerto Rico is out of paper towels. Quick, somebody get Trump down there so he can practice his freethrows!
darkoz
darkoz 
October 10th, 2018 at 6:41:18 PM permalink

Puerto Rico is out of paper towels. Quick, somebody get Trump down there so he can practice his freethrows!

Honestly I think Trump embezzled the paper towels

He got caught with some stuck on his shoe the other day
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
October 11th, 2018 at 1:02:29 AM permalink
Quote: RonC

I love the whole "low information voter" thing that some bring up. Though most won't admit it, there are PLENTY of low information voters on each side.

Sadly, I believe the majority of Americans, from all sides, fully qualify as such. Neither party seems to care about helping them educate themselves.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
  • Threads: 232
October 11th, 2018 at 2:51:26 AM permalink
latest Trump rally - 𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐚𝐭 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐝𝐢𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐢𝐭𝐲
they were chanting "LOCK HER UP" referring to Senator Dianne Feinstein who Trump says leaked some document
𝑵𝑶 𝑻𝑹𝑰𝑨𝑳 𝑵𝑬𝑪𝑬𝑺𝑺𝑨𝑹𝒀 - they just want put her in jail - they can worry about the trial later- what wonderful citizens they are

Please don't feed the trolls
ams288
ams288
October 11th, 2018 at 4:59:09 AM permalink
Quote: lilredrooster

latest Trump rally - 𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐚𝐭 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐝𝐢𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐢𝐭𝐲
they were chanting "LOCK HER UP" referring to Senator Dianne Feinstein who Trump says leaked some document
𝑵𝑶 𝑻𝑹𝑰𝑨𝑳 𝑵𝑬𝑪𝑬𝑺𝑺𝑨𝑹𝒀 - they just want put her in jail - they can worry about the trial later- what wonderful citizens they are

Apparently they’re only worried about due process for men who are credibly accused of sexual assault.
RonC
RonC
  • Threads: 40
October 11th, 2018 at 5:13:28 AM permalink
I guess being black and supporting the President gets you called a "token" by fellow blacks on cable news.

Why can't you just say that you disagree with the guy and go from there?
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 89
October 11th, 2018 at 5:26:25 AM permalink
Quote: lilredrooster

A rally for those against the US Constitution
sad
Its just a forum. Nothing here to get obsessed about.
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
  • Threads: 232
October 11th, 2018 at 5:34:04 AM permalink
Trump and his loyal buffoons have made a lot of people angry
Angry people act - i.e. Vote
many that would have voted Democratic if they were required to vote sat out the presidential election
they won't sit out this time

𝐏𝐑𝐄𝐃𝐈𝐂𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍:

𝕣𝕖𝕡𝕦𝕓𝕝𝕚𝕔𝕒𝕟𝕤 𝕨𝕚𝕝𝕝 𝕝𝕠𝕤𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖𝕚𝕣 𝕒𝕕𝕧𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕒𝕘𝕖 𝕓𝕖𝕔𝕒𝕦𝕤𝕖 𝕠𝕗 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕣𝕖𝕤𝕦𝕝𝕥𝕤 𝕠𝕗 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕞𝕚𝕕𝕥𝕖𝕣𝕞 𝕖𝕝𝕖𝕔𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟
Please don't feed the trolls
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
October 11th, 2018 at 5:40:51 AM permalink
inb4 "this is what happens when negroes don't read" memes start going viral.
  • Jump to: