Thread Rating:

RonC
RonC
  • Threads: 40
October 14th, 2018 at 6:17:00 AM permalink
I, for one, am not "embracing" Kanye West because I remember things he has done in the past. However, the free ride many of you are willing to give people who described him in racial terms that you would reject if they described someone you support is interesting. There are PLENTY of ways to describe someone without adding race to it. I am pretty sure everyone already knew what race all involved were.

I rejected racism against President Obama and called it out every time I heard it in "real life"--and I reject it now. For the people that support the folks that use the term "racist" all the time to describe the current President, I find it strange that the language of race is best they can do to talk about Kanye West.
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
October 14th, 2018 at 6:18:45 AM permalink
Quote: lilredrooster

Kanye is not 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐛𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐨𝐧. He is a person who has done and said outrageous things and is mentally unbalanced

one of his quotes:

"God has chosen me to be the voice and the connector"

I guarantee you if Hilary had embraced this person she would have been mocked mercilessly by Faux News and others and liberals who supported her would try to convince her not to have a political relationship with this person.

𝐆𝐔𝐀𝐑𝐀𝐍-𝐃𝐀𝐌𝐍-𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐃

https://www.ranker.com/list/most-insane-kanye-west-quotes/joswo

Of course she would be mocked mercilessly by Fox News and others. But I don't buy for one second that liberals (as a whole, not just a few) would try to dissuade her from having a political relationship with that person. It would be all about acceptance, equality, see-no-race, and coming togetherness, while anyone who said anything bad about the relationship would be called every word from racist to bigot to patriarchalmansplaining-nongenderqueerism or whatever the hot word of the day is. Hell, they wouldn't even have to call the person a negro or use any derogatory(?) terms and they'd still get labeled as being a racist and whatnot because the person is black.

I don't really care much for Kanye West in general or any time a celebrity like that starts going into and talking about politics. At least the way I see it, there are millions of people who practically worship these celebrities and those people may be much more likely to just follow along with what their favorite celebrity said, just because that celebrity said it, or they think it has any more credence due to their celebrity status.
mcallister3200
mcallister3200
  • Threads: 17
October 14th, 2018 at 6:21:19 AM permalink
Come on now you guys are taking it out of context. That woman checks off every mark on the ideal victim checklist, plus Kanye is crazy, therefore she’s justified in saying absolutely anything she wants and it’s ok, obviously.
FinsRule
FinsRule
  • Threads: 128
October 14th, 2018 at 6:28:06 AM permalink
I don’t think it’s right for anyone to make fun of Kanye because it’s obvious he has mental imbalance issues.

It’s pretty funny that anyone on Fox News is saying how great his speech was. They should just say it was nice for Trump to have invited him, and that’s all.
RS
RS
October 14th, 2018 at 6:29:25 AM permalink
Quote: ams288

How Fox News covered Kanye West’s White House visit compared to rappers during the Obama years

I’ve hated Kayne West forever. I’m glad the righties are claiming him now. They can have him....

How many times did Fox call Rick Ross, Jay Z, Kanye West, or Kendrick Lamar negroes?
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 212
October 14th, 2018 at 6:47:44 AM permalink
Kayne West, Charlie Sheen, Gary Bussey, Randy Quaid-- normal rules don't apply when they're off their rocker.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 22
October 14th, 2018 at 7:28:35 AM permalink
Quote: RS

How many times did Fox call Rick Ross, Jay Z, Kanye West, or Kendrick Lamar negroes?

Dunno. I wouldn’t watch Fox if you paid me.
Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
RonC
RonC
October 14th, 2018 at 7:32:24 AM permalink
Quote: rxwine

Kayne West, Charlie Sheen, Gary Bussey, Randy Quaid-- normal rules don't apply when they're off their rocker.

So now we are allowed to call those who have mental issues names?

These darn rules change so fast!
ams288
ams288
October 14th, 2018 at 7:33:33 AM permalink
Quote: RonC

So now we are allowed to call those who have mental issues names?

These darn rules change so fast!

We’ve always been allowed to, it’s a free country.

I guess you’re just objecting now because one of them seems to agree with your politics.
darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 297
October 14th, 2018 at 7:38:10 AM permalink

“Listen, black folks are about to trade Kanye West in the racial draft, okay. They’ve had it with him. He’s an attention whore, like the president. He’s all of a sudden now the the the model spokesperson. He’s he’s the token negro of the Trump administration. This is ridiculous and no one should be taking Kanye West seriously. He’s clearly has issues....” -the black woman on CNN who was *NOT* rejecting nor labeling Kanye.

I 100% guarantee if any of those comments were made by white people on Fox about some black person supporting Hillary Clinton in the same way, you’d have every liberal extremely upset about it, the white dude would be getting death threats, and all this other nonsense. Guaranteed.

#Warren2020
#LockHimUp
#HRC4prez

The most IMPORTANT part of your post is that the comments were made by the BLACK woman on CNN

IDK why you feel people of the same race dont have privilege insulting their own race. Thats the way it is

Jewish people mock Jewish people all the time (my own mom was pretty vicious about it but dont let a goy say anything and she'd be offended)

White crackers can spout all they want about white crackers and Asians talk all types of crap about Asians

And Black folk talk all types of crap about black folk (even using That N-word that you cant)

Its only really upsetting and non-pc when white folk talk about black folk or vice versa or either talk about Asians or vice versa

So you are upset a black person said things about another black person and wasnt taken to task for it?
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
  • Threads: 57
October 14th, 2018 at 7:56:56 AM permalink
I’ve never paid attention to Kanye’s ridiculous antics. This is just another distraction.

Did they ever say Ben Carson was a token negro?

He’s been silent ever since he was caught trying to spend $30k in taxpayer money on silverware.

I thought all the righties on here said Trump was going to drain the swamp of this garbage.
TomG
TomG
  • Threads: 16
October 14th, 2018 at 7:58:18 AM permalink

However, the free ride many of you are willing to give people who described him in racial terms that you would reject if they described someone you support is interesting.

Other than whining about how much we hate it on an internet chatroom, what should we be doing about people who say stupid things like this? What are you doing about it?
RonC
RonC
Thanked by
SanchoPanza
October 14th, 2018 at 8:15:59 AM permalink
Quote: TomG

Other than whining about how much we hate it on an internet chatroom, what should we be doing about people who say stupid things like this? What are you doing about it?

I already said that I say something when race comes into the conversation in any derogatory way.

I think that people employed by major cable news networks should be able to describe people they disagree with based on their disagreements with them and not their skin color.

What are you doing about it?
darkoz
darkoz
October 14th, 2018 at 8:18:11 AM permalink

I already said that I say something when race comes into the conversation in any derogatory way.

I think that people employed by major cable news networks should be able to describe people they disagree with based on their disagreements with them and not their skin color.

Im watching CNN and MSNBC
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
October 14th, 2018 at 8:30:28 AM permalink

Of course she would be mocked mercilessly by Fox News and others. But I don't buy for one second that liberals (as a whole, not just a few) would try to dissuade her from having a political relationship with that person. It would be all about acceptance, equality, see-no-race, and coming togetherness, while anyone who said anything bad about the relationship would be called every word from racist to bigot to patriarchalmansplaining-nongenderqueerism or whatever the hot word of the day is. Hell, they wouldn't even have to call the person a negro or use any derogatory(?) terms and they'd still get labeled as being a racist and whatnot because the person is black.

Naw. Crazy is crazy.

Quote:

Total nonsense

Quote:

I don't really care much for Kanye West in general or any time a celebrity like that starts going into and talking about politics. At least the way I see it, there are millions of people who practically worship these celebrities and those people may be much more likely to just follow along with what their favorite celebrity said, just because that celebrity said it, or they think it has any more credence due to their celebrity status.

Gee, that would be Trump, wouldn't it? Thought so. Completely correct on this, from shooting people on 5th Avenue down. And yet you take his words as gospel. What's he up to, around 6,000 documented factual lies? But that's okay with you, I guess, because he's a celebrity.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
RonC
RonC
Thanked by
SOOPOOSanchoPanza
October 14th, 2018 at 8:54:09 AM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

And yet you take his words as gospel.

I don't speak for RS but, from my point of view, this is the silly narrative people continue to spew about folks that are on the right and support the President. "Supporting the President" does not mean that every word he speaks is correct, proper, or even true--the support that is given is for the things that he promised and is getting done. I don't care for his silly and divisive Twitter crap and I don't live my days thinking he is something more than a flawed person elected to high office in an election that featured two highly flawed individuals.

When I think he is wrong, I say that I think that he is wrong. I'm not going to change sides just because I don't think he is the best thing since sliced bread...he still has the ability to get things done, we do have a valid system of checks and balances on executive power, and I know that he will only be in office for a maximum of six more years.

I hope those on the left don't live by every word of Pelosi, Schumer, and the rest of the leadership on that side. Well, maybe I do...politically...but not among people here that I think are smarter than that.
Mission146
Mission146
  • Threads: 142
October 14th, 2018 at 9:02:22 AM permalink

“Listen, black folks are about to trade Kanye West in the racial draft, okay. They’ve had it with him. He’s an attention whore, like the president. He’s all of a sudden now the the the model spokesperson. He’s he’s the token negro of the Trump administration. This is ridiculous and no one should be taking Kanye West seriously. He’s clearly has issues....” -the black woman on CNN who was *NOT* rejecting nor labeling Kanye.

I 100% guarantee if any of those comments were made by white people on Fox about some black person supporting Hillary Clinton in the same way, you’d have every liberal extremely upset about it, the white dude would be getting death threats, and all this other nonsense. Guaranteed.

#Warren2020
#LockHimUp
#HRC4prez

I'm going to have to side with RS on this one. As soon as I turned on the clip, I thought, "It's not going to be the white dude that says it." I love the Chappelle Show reference.

I'm also kind of a freedom of speech guy and really don't think anyone from either side should get unnecessarily riled up over something like that in most any context. There was no incitement to violence or any general derogatory racial slurs. No blacks, whites, latinos, Germans, Rastas, Hawaiians, Chinese, Jews, Russians, Native Antarticans, Women, Children, Transexuals, Mid-America Farmers or Victims of Gang-Related Violence were harmed in the making of that joke.
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/gripes/11182-pet-peeves/120/#post815219
TomG
TomG
  • Threads: 16
October 14th, 2018 at 10:05:03 AM permalink

Quote: TomG

I am doing exactly the same thing as everyone else here: whining about it on the internet
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
October 14th, 2018 at 10:19:16 AM permalink

Dunno. I wouldn’t watch Fox if you paid me.

I would. I've heard George Soros pays people to stay home and watch it.
I once worked in a disco. Getting paid to watch Faux would be a walk in the park.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
rxwine
rxwine
October 14th, 2018 at 11:04:53 AM permalink
Quote: darkoz

The most IMPORTANT part of your post is that the comments were made by the BLACK woman on CNN

IDK why you feel people of the same race dont have privilege insulting their own race. Thats the way it is

Jewish people mock Jewish people all the time (my own mom was pretty vicious about it but dont let a goy say anything and she'd be offended)

White crackers can spout all they want about white crackers and Asians talk all types of crap about Asians

And Black folk talk all types of crap about black folk (even using That N-word that you cant)

Its only really upsetting and non-pc when white folk talk about black folk or vice versa or either talk about Asians or vice versa

So you are upset a black person said things about another black person and wasnt taken to task for it?

I guess I am going have to educate you, Darkoz. A significant part of the civil rights movement was about people of color making racist cracks against themselves. That's what most of the marches were about,

People don't realize the extent of racism practiced by people against their own especially since whites were the ones who knew the real shortcomings of black people. Having never lived in their skin, this made whites experts on blacks.

So now maybe you understand why some whites get upset when they can't participate at least equally with criticizing blacks with other blacks. It's very logical.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
RS
RS
October 14th, 2018 at 11:19:09 AM permalink

Gee, that would be Trump, wouldn't it? Thought so. Completely correct on this, from shooting people on 5th Avenue down. And yet you take his words as gospel. What's he up to, around 6,000 documented factual lies? But that's okay with you, I guess, because he's a celebrity.

Not sure when, if ever, I've given anyone the impression that I take Trump's words as gospel. If that's your interpretation, then that's your interpretation, but don't confuse supporting someone with taking their words as gospel.

I didn't really "look up" to Donald Trump (pre-2016 election/campaign) because I knew very little about him, other than him being a rich businessman and whatnot. Didn't even know he was the host of The Apprentice. I support/supported Trump because many of the things he said resonated with me and made sense -- it wasn't the usual "political talk" that every other politician seems/seemed to do.
RS
RS
Thanked by
Mission146
October 14th, 2018 at 11:51:52 AM permalink

No, the most important part is that the people who always get bent out of shape for anything that might almost sound racist, right now all you hear is crickets from them, at least when it comes saying "that's not okay". I mean, hell, your own post seems to be supporting NPCNN's racist comments.

I don't really care who makes what comments, I just find it highly hypocritical the people who get all hot and bothered when anything seemingly racist happens are nowhere to be found opposing those comments.

I thought you said black folk can use the N-word. I'm part black though. But you say I can't use it? Huh????
darkoz
darkoz
October 14th, 2018 at 12:06:24 PM permalink

No, the most important part is that the people who always get bent out of shape for anything that might almost sound racist, right now all you hear is crickets from them, at least when it comes saying "that's not okay". I mean, hell, your own post seems to be supporting NPCNN's racist comments.

I don't really care who makes what comments, I just find it highly hypocritical the people who get all hot and bothered when anything seemingly racist happens are nowhere to be found opposing those comments.

I thought you said black folk can use the N-word. I'm part black though. But you say I can't use it? Huh????

If u r mixed go right ahead and use it

From your avatar all I see is white with black face (the kitty kat you chose lol)
rxwine
rxwine
October 14th, 2018 at 12:10:00 PM permalink
According to my understanding of racism, a black commentator CAN'T be a racist against a black man

Quote:

prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior.

Puckerbutt
Puckerbutt
  • Threads: 1
October 14th, 2018 at 12:24:00 PM permalink

If u r mixed go right ahead and use it

What is the lowest possible percentage of "black" required before it is acceptable to use the word? I defer to your expertise.
If'n I'd a knowed you wanted to have went with me - I'd a seen that you got to get to go.
darkoz
darkoz
October 14th, 2018 at 12:28:10 PM permalink
Quote: Puckerbutt

What is the lowest possible percentage of "black" required before it is acceptable to use the word? I defer to your expertise.

Unfortunately the percentage allowable is not so black and white

Pun intended

EDIT: I would say there are also exceptions

For the most part the black community gives Quentin Tarantino a pass when he says it (with only Spike Lee being vocally against)

I would say if you are white and Samuel L. Jackson or Pam Grier doesnt mind you using it around them then its okay

You are considered an honorary black man
ams288
ams288
October 14th, 2018 at 12:40:41 PM permalink

For the most part the black community gives Quentin Tarantino a pass when he says it (with only Spike Lee being vocally against)

We are getting waaaay off topic, but if characters in his movies say it, does that equal QT saying it?
ams288
ams288
October 14th, 2018 at 12:42:32 PM permalink
Speaking of Quentin Tarantino:

darkoz
darkoz
October 14th, 2018 at 12:52:49 PM permalink

We are getting waaaay off topic, but if characters in his movies say it, does that equal QT saying it?

Only when he is playing characters in his movies
darkoz
darkoz
October 14th, 2018 at 12:55:14 PM permalink
Lets get back on topic

DOWN WITH TRUMP!

#TRAGA
Trump Raping Any Girl Around

EDIT: I cleaned the post up a bit
petroglyph
petroglyph
  • Threads: 19
October 14th, 2018 at 1:03:58 PM permalink
I find it laughable that all the Kimmy K supporters are dishing it out on Kanye.

Has anyone asked for her opinion yet? OMG, what does Kim think?
Mission146
Mission146
October 14th, 2018 at 1:38:35 PM permalink

According to my understanding of racism, a black commentator CAN'T be a racist against a black man

Quote:

prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior.

All due respect, but what I think RS is trying to say is that the comment should generally NOT be considered a racist one regardless of who it comes from.
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/gripes/11182-pet-peeves/120/#post815219
rxwine
rxwine
October 14th, 2018 at 2:09:28 PM permalink
Quote: Mission146

All due respect, but what I think RS is trying to say is that the comment should generally NOT be considered a racist one regardless of who it comes from.

if this was the clarification,, i'd have to judge otherwise /see permalink

https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/general/30375-trumps-second-and-third-year-in-office/728/#post678968
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
Thanked by
Mission146
October 14th, 2018 at 2:10:42 PM permalink
Well, then, I agree with him. It wasn't a racist comment. I didn't know who said it when I chimed in before, whether it was a black white male female whatever.

I was just saying that out of context it had a different meaning. And it does, as to who's saying it and what they're implying.
Mission146
Mission146
October 14th, 2018 at 2:31:26 PM permalink

if this was the clarification,, i'd have to judge otherwise /see permalink

https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/general/30375-trumps-second-and-third-year-in-office/728/#post678968

Sarcasm. I only believe that because that’s how I speak. When he says, “Almost sounds racist,” and, “Seemingly racist,” those are the kinds of terms I would use if I didn’t believe it was racist at all. That’s my brand of sarcasm.
RS
RS
Thanked by
Mission146petroglyph
October 14th, 2018 at 3:21:21 PM permalink
For clarification -- I'm saying those comments are racist....but, I also don't really care if someone makes racist comments. That doesn't mean I'm not going to think less of someone for making comments like that. Also, note there's a difference between racist actions and comments. I guess you could say by making a racist comment you're making a racist action -- whatever, technicalities, and technicalities are stupid.

When I say "seemingly racist" or "almost sounds racist", I'm talking about things that are NOT racist, but people twist it around to fit their narrative that "bad orange man" is a racist -- EG: Trump's comment about MS-13 being animals. Or when someone says they want a strong border and not have illegal immigrants, it gets spun into hating Mexicans or some such nonsense like that.

But overall, the off-the-charts hypocrisy shown by the left, at least from what I've seen on here and some other social media, where they're somewhere between dead silent and "well it's okay because the commentators are black and Kanye is stupid and doesn't read so the commentators are factually accurate". To be fair, ams288 made a comment about how the commentators should be fired if they did say those things (IIRC). But, as a whole, I don't think the left really cares as much about minorities/equality as they make it seem....otherwise there'd be riots in the streets (sorry, peaceful protests* where looting, threats of violence, lighting cars on fire, and other crimes occur) calling for Don Lemon's and that one woman's head.
billryan
billryan
October 14th, 2018 at 3:57:00 PM permalink
Sort of on topic.
I took an acquaintance to an auction today as he wanted some outdoor furniture.
When we got there, one of the items was what was listed as a previously unknown Hitler photograph. It's he and some of his inner circle posing at a wedding and supposedly it's the only known copy. He goes nuts, insisting he has to have it and passed up buying the furniture in case he might need that cash. I left him there.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
rxwine
rxwine
October 14th, 2018 at 4:03:05 PM permalink

well it's okay because the commentators are black

IT IS OKAY!

i'm a white person who has said some terrible things about white people and will forever laugh in the face of anyone who calls me a racist for it. ALL white people should die, How's that? IS there anything worse I can say about white people as a white person? OTHER white people who are offended by my comments are obviously more stupid than the average white person.

Yes you can talk smack about your own race, The accusation about it being racist is ludicrous because it's nothing like real racism as it is somewhat similar to comparing a fight between two different people, to calling punching your own face a fight.. There's no there, there. I'm not saying it's smart or correct , or even a good idea, just that it is permissible.

okay, here's a challenge for you, and Mission. Is this song a parody of racism or racist? What race is the person who made the song?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5isgHhRST0g
darkoz
darkoz
October 14th, 2018 at 5:56:11 PM permalink
Trump at a recent rally. Speaking truth and lies in same sentence

"A man (Trump) who's really doing well, if you believe in polls. I believe in polls, only the ones that have us up, cuz those are the only really honest ones

Lol just smh

Pure comedy

Truth he only believes polls if they are in his favor

Lies only the ones in his favor tell the truth
RS
RS
Thanked by
Mission146
October 15th, 2018 at 1:48:10 AM permalink

IT IS OKAY!

i'm a white person who has said some terrible things about white people and will forever laugh in the face of anyone who calls me a racist for it. ALL white people should die, How's that? IS there anything worse I can say about white people as a white person? OTHER white people who are offended by my comments are obviously more stupid than the average white person.

Yes you can talk smack about your own race, The accusation about it being racist is ludicrous because it's nothing like real racism as it is somewhat similar to comparing a fight between two different people, to calling punching your own face a fight.. There's no there, there. I'm not saying it's smart or correct , or even a good idea, just that it is permissible.

okay, here's a challenge for you, and Mission. Is this song a parody of racism or racist? What race is the person who made the song?

I’d day it’s racist but funny as hell. But it doesn’t seem like you’re interested in having an honest discussion.

“ALL white people should die,” -rxwine
Mission146
Mission146
October 15th, 2018 at 6:37:12 AM permalink

It's both racist AND a parody of racism. The person who made this song has to be black.

I lost the try not to laugh challenge, twice. The first time was at Family - Guy, but I think I lost it there because of the reaction of the gentleman reviewing the song. The second time I lost it was when he said, "Porchmonkey," just because I think it's a really funny sounding word. You could say that word absent any context whatsoever and I'd probably chortle.
rxwine
rxwine
October 15th, 2018 at 9:13:33 AM permalink
Quote:

Mr. Trump said it was possible that “rogue killers” were behind the disappearance of the journalist, Jamal Khashoggi.

Good grief. Rogue killers running amuck in the Saudi Embassy. Head explodes.
Steverinos
Steverinos
  • Threads: 5
October 15th, 2018 at 10:35:46 AM permalink
I talked to my best friend in the world on Friday and asked him if the word Negro was offensive to him. He said it has never been offensive to him personally and that context always matters. In the context of the discussion on CNN, I don't believe it was derogatory or offensive.

MLK used the term Negro 13 times in his I Have a Dream speech.

As a white person, I don't get to decide what is offensive to other races. If two black people are referring to themselves in that language, who am I to cry racism unless I'm on Fox News trying to divide people and stir up s**t? And just for clarification, I'm not offended when I have to check the Caucasian box on official government forms.

By the way, Tara Setmeyer is a REAL conservative republican woman. She has been in the trenches fighting for conservative causes for years. She is authentic.
Steverinos
Steverinos
Thanked by
beachbumbabs
October 15th, 2018 at 10:41:17 AM permalink
It's absolutely hilarious that Elizabeth Warren took a DNA test and now Trump is going back on his word that he would donate 1 million to her charity of choice if she did.

The guy is a complete douche.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
October 15th, 2018 at 10:54:05 AM permalink
Quote: Steverinos

It's absolutely hilarious that Elizabeth Warren took a DNA test and now Trump is going back on his word that he would donate 1 million to her charity of choice if she did.

The guy is a complete douche.

Speaking of hilarious. ..

Everybody remember Michael Cohen, Trump's personal attorney who did all the porn girl payoffs and then got thrown under the bus?

Over the weekend, he registered to vote as a Democrat.
TigerWu
TigerWu
  • Threads: 26
October 15th, 2018 at 11:13:50 AM permalink

Over the weekend, he registered to vote as a Democrat.

According to Wikipedia, he's been a registered Democrat his entire life except for 2002-2004 and 2017-now.

So, that's not really shocking news.
AxelWolf
AxelWolf
  • Threads: 164
October 15th, 2018 at 11:34:15 AM permalink
White guys don't usually go around calling other white guys crackers. I would not be offended in the least bit if someone called me a cracker.

♪♪Now you swear and kick and beg us That you're not a gamblin' man Then you find you're back in Vegas With a handle in your hand♪♪ Your black cards can make you money So you hide them when you're able In the land of casinos and money You must put them on the table♪♪ You go back Jack do it again roulette wheels turinin' 'round and 'round♪♪ You go back Jack do it again♪♪
Steverinos
Steverinos
October 15th, 2018 at 11:38:08 AM permalink
Quote: TigerWu

According to Wikipedia, he's been a registered Democrat his entire life except for 2002-2004 and 2017-now.

Probably correlates with Trump's pattern as well. Pretending to be conservative during Obama's presidency was big business.
billryan
billryan
October 15th, 2018 at 11:40:28 AM permalink
Quote: TigerWu

So, that's not really shocking news.

Kind of like trump.
Steverinos
Steverinos
October 15th, 2018 at 11:48:00 AM permalink
Trump's first annual budget deficit rises to a 6 year high.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-10-15/trump-s-first-annual-budget-deficit-climbs-to-a-six-year-high?srnd=premium

There is no mention of this on the Fox News website this morning. I did a couple searches and didn't find anything. Ironically, however, there is a headline in the middle of their front page that reads, "HYPOCRISY DOESN'T END".

Yeah, I can't think of a more hypocritical bunch than the current class of GOP voters and their representatives. Where are the real conservatives that were saying the deficit was going to destroy America? Where are those people? Why isn't Fox covering this? Do you honestly think that it would NOT have been front page material if Barack Obama was president? When have republicans EVER shrunk the deficit? When have they EVER been fiscally conservative with OUR money?

They are right about ONE thing, the hypocrisy doesn't end.
  • Jump to: