Thread Rating:

billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
September 28th, 2018 at 8:32:03 AM permalink
Quote: ams288

You spent all day Wednesday convinced she wouldn't show up.

You were proven dead wrong. You lost money over it.

Now you pivot to this B.S. You think anyone is buying what you're selling?

The sad thing is he actually does.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
TigerWu
TigerWu
  • Threads: 26
Thanked by
Mission146
September 28th, 2018 at 9:45:01 AM permalink
Quote: Mission146

I don't know what you expect anyone to say about Cruz.

Ted Cruz looks like the kind of guy whose skin is always clammy for some reason.
Steverinos
Steverinos
  • Threads: 5
September 28th, 2018 at 9:45:46 AM permalink
It. Is. This. Simple.

You do not have to believe Ford. You really don't. But if you are weighing everything we DO know, you'd have to conclude that...

Brett Kavanaugh has not been telling the truth about his life. This much is clear. The fact that he has not demanded an investigation to clear his name that he was so passionate about yesterday speaks volumes. He was angry about the tarnish to his name, right? Why not demand an investigation so that the name can be cleared? The fact that he refused to answer questions about wanting an investigation speaks volumes. He repeatedly dodged the question. He DODGED it. Look at his answers. Why is he dodging it? It speaks volumes. If the man has been PROVEN to have not told the truth and is at the same time dodging questions, both are disqualifying for the position he is applying for.

But my hunch is that he will be confirmed. His confirmation will cast a cloud of doubt to the court's credibility for the next generation.
billryan
billryan
September 28th, 2018 at 10:09:21 AM permalink
The gop cares more about winning than seeing justice. I can't say with certainty the other side doesnt as well, but it's obvious where republicans stand. They somehow are so afraid of the future that they must rush the appointment of an accused rapist through today rather than wait a week. I don't know if he is guilty of rape, but it's obvious he is lying about a number of things. Why would an innocent man choose to live the rest of his life under the cloud of being an accused rapist rather than wait a week and hopefully be cleared.
What I really don't get is how one can say they found Ford believable but are voting for him anyway.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 93
September 28th, 2018 at 10:12:00 AM permalink
Quote: Steverinos

It. Is. This. Simple.

You do not have to believe Ford. You really don't. But if you are weighing everything we DO know, you'd have to conclude that...

Brett Kavanaugh has not been telling the truth about his life. This much is clear. The fact that he has not demanded an investigation to clear his name that he was so passionate about yesterday speaks volumes. He was angry about the tarnish to his name, right? Why not demand an investigation so that the name can be cleared? The fact that he refused to answer questions about wanting an investigation speaks volumes. He repeatedly dodged the question. He DODGED it. Look at his answers. Why is he dodging it? It speaks volumes. If the man has been PROVEN to have not told the truth and is at the same time dodging questions, both are disqualifying for the position he is applying for.

But my hunch is that he will be confirmed. His confirmation will cast a cloud of doubt to the court's credibility for the next generation.

I wouldn't want an investigation either, even if I was telling the truth. Nothing good would come out of it.

I have a feeling his calendar was a 30 year old plant. Who the hell keeps a calendar for 30 years? I think he made that calendar after something bad happened one night. He was making his alibi and kept it in case they ever came after him.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
  • Threads: 34
Thanked by
petroglyph
September 28th, 2018 at 10:24:31 AM permalink
Quote: billryan

The gop cares more about winning than seeing justice.

That is why they sat on the tip for months on end while interviewing the subject about everything else.

They somehow are so afraid of the future that they must rush the appointment of an accused rapist through today rather than wait a week. I don't know if he is guilty of rape,

Ford did not accuse him of rape.
Steverinos
Steverinos
September 28th, 2018 at 10:34:10 AM permalink
Quote: GWAE

I think he made that calendar after something bad happened one night. He was making his alibi and kept it in case they ever came after him.

This is pretty interesting actually. I guess we'd need to see calendars from before 1982 to eliminate this as a possibility. The FBI could ask to see them.

Shit, never mind.
billryan
billryan
September 28th, 2018 at 10:38:50 AM permalink

This is pretty interesting actually. I guess we'd need to see calendars from before 1982 to eliminate this as a possibility. The FBI could ask to see them.

Shit, never mind.

Looking over his calender, I don't see any entry for the service project he spent so much time on. Does anyone even know if such a project existed. I also see he doesn't mention any church activities.

Chaos right now, as the scheduled 1:30 vote isn't happening.
Mission146
Mission146
  • Threads: 142
Thanked by
beachbumbabs
September 28th, 2018 at 10:45:55 AM permalink
Quote: TigerWu

Ted Cruz looks like the kind of guy whose skin is always clammy for some reason.

I’m pretty sure he’s at least 25% reptilian.
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/gripes/11182-pet-peeves/120/#post815219
ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 22
September 28th, 2018 at 11:03:59 AM permalink
I think this nightmare just got extended another week by Jeff Flake.
Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
MaxPen
MaxPen
  • Threads: 13
Thanked by
petroglyphRS
September 28th, 2018 at 11:04:56 AM permalink

The gop cares more about winning than seeing justice. I can't say with certainty the other side doesnt as well, but it's obvious where republicans stand. They somehow are so afraid of the future that they must rush the appointment of an accused rapist through today rather than wait a week. I don't know if he is guilty of rape, but it's obvious he is lying about a number of things. Why would an innocent man choose to live the rest of his life under the cloud of being an accused rapist rather than wait a week and hopefully be cleared.
What I really don't get is how one can say they found Ford believable but are voting for him anyway.

That is the same logic that allows you to call for an FBI investigation when all of the witnesses say it didn't happen. Wait until other women see how easy it is to get a payday for false allegations. No man with status or cash is safe anymore.
billryan
billryan
September 28th, 2018 at 11:05:09 AM permalink
WTF just happened? Grassley just took his gavel and went home.

Let's see what happens.
ams288
ams288
September 28th, 2018 at 11:09:40 AM permalink
Lindsey Graham seems like he upped his meds overnight. Not so crazy today.
billryan
billryan
September 28th, 2018 at 11:13:39 AM permalink

Lindsey Graham seems like he upped his meds overnight. Not so crazy today.

It's early, and he hasn't had a mike in his face all morning. Give him a chance to have "lunch".
TigerWu
TigerWu
Thanked by
ams288
September 28th, 2018 at 11:24:18 AM permalink
Quote: MaxPen

No man with status or cash is safe anymore.

*Whew!*

Thank god I have neither.
billryan
billryan
September 28th, 2018 at 11:27:37 AM permalink
Cowards die a thousand deaths. The brave man dies but once.
MaxPen
MaxPen
September 28th, 2018 at 11:33:44 AM permalink

*Whew!*

Thank god I have neither.

The world would be a pretty crappy place if everyone was only concerned about their own welfare.
  • Threads: 31
September 28th, 2018 at 11:36:56 AM permalink

I think this nightmare just got extended another week by Jeff Flake.

Although polygraph test is not admissible in court, but my understanding that is a requirement for many federal positions. Everyone, please contact your senators ASAP and remind them to demand polygraph test be conducted on Kavanaugh during the FBI invesitgation.

https://www.senate.gov/reference/common/faq/How_to_correspond_senators.htm

You may phone the U.S. Capitol Switchboard at (202) 224-3121. A switchboard operator will connect you directly with the Senate office you request.
Mission146
Mission146
Thanked by
SOOPOO
September 28th, 2018 at 11:42:35 AM permalink
Quote: 777

Although polygraph test is not admissible in court, but my understanding that is a requirement for many federal positions. Everyone, please contact your senators ASAP and remind them to demand polygraph test be conducted on Kavanaugh during the FBI invesitgation.

You may phone the U.S. Capitol Switchboard at (202) 224-3121. A switchboard operator will connect you directly with the Senate office you request.

I’ll be sure to call that guy who doesn’t give a shit about my opinion and won’t listen to my message, right away.
Last edited by: Mission146 on Sep 28, 2018
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/gripes/11182-pet-peeves/120/#post815219
billryan
billryan
Thanked by
Mission146
September 28th, 2018 at 11:48:11 AM permalink
Trump just said he found Dr. Ford to be compelling and very credible, as well as being a fine looking woman.
How does one find her credible but support the nominee?
The lunatics have taken over the asylum.
billryan
billryan
Thanked by
Mission146darkoz
September 28th, 2018 at 11:53:41 AM permalink

I’ll be sure to call that guy who doesn’t give a shit about my opinion and won’t listen to my message right away.

You are right. Much better to spend your time making overlong posts here to people who don't give a shit and won't listen.
September 28th, 2018 at 12:01:22 PM permalink

I’ll be sure to call that guy who doesn’t give a shit about my opinion and won’t listen to my message right away.

In the event that additional physical and circumstantial evidences do not reach any "guilt/innocent" conclusion, polygraph test would then become a crucial evident in this case is to judge Kavanaugh's integrity and credibility.

Judging Kavanaugh's difficulty and his numbing/stuttering and evasiveness in answering many questions during yesterday hearing, I wonder if Kavanaugh will pass the polygraph test.
Steverinos
Steverinos
September 28th, 2018 at 12:12:01 PM permalink

That is the same logic that allows you to call for an FBI investigation when all of the witnesses say it didn't happen.

First of all, they are not witnesses. Second of all, only one of them says it didn't happen. As a federal judge, the "Honorable Judge" Kavanaugh is misrepresenting what those people said in their statements. That, along with his inability or reluctance to tell the truth about himself, is disqualifying for the SCOTUS.
Mission146
Mission146
September 28th, 2018 at 12:26:22 PM permalink

You are right. Much better to spend your time making overlong posts here to people who don't give a shit and won't listen.

Post of the year. Nicely done.
Steverinos
Steverinos
September 28th, 2018 at 12:28:32 PM permalink
This is a copied post from the following article:

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2018/9/28/17914308/kavanaugh-ford-question-dodge-hearing-chart

I am a social worker of over 40 years of practice interviewing children and adults regarding child abuse and neglect. I cannot say this is a fact, but whenever clients deny behavior they have been accused of, I consider it problematic if they display any of the following:

1. They become defensive in an intense and self-righteous manner.
2. They challenge the interviewer personally, questioning my past regarding the topic; as if this behavior is a norm even of it is wrong.
3. They blame everyone for the situation they are in, or try to shift the blame.
4. They ALWAYS work themselves up into a frenzy, crying in frustration and anger that they are being victimized.
5. They angrily lash out about being a victim of “the system” or name specific persons or organizations out to get them.
6. Their defense is overly emotional....almost scary, usually involving spitting out words and turning red faced.
7. They use their social status and past accomplishments as proof they are not “that type” of person that would do such a thing.
7. They indigently refuse tests, studies or investigations, even if it would prove their innocence or improve their standing in the case.

Any of the above sound like anyone???????
Mission146
Mission146
Thanked by
lildevilLucy
September 28th, 2018 at 12:32:27 PM permalink

In the event that additional physical and circumstantial evidences do not reach any "guilt/innocent" conclusion, polygraph test would then become a crucial evident in this case is to judge Kavanaugh's integrity and credibility.

Judging Kavanaugh's difficulty and his numbing/stuttering and evasiveness in answering many questions during yesterday hearing, I wonder if Kavanaugh will pass the polygraph test.

Do you think they can get Maury as a special guest to reveal the results of this polygraph test? Might as well go full on white trash with the proceedings rather than stopping at half measures.
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
  • Threads: 57
Thanked by
Mission146
September 28th, 2018 at 12:37:20 PM permalink

Polygraphs are mostly pseudoscience.

Pretty much never admissible in court.

I’d rather not see it be used in something this serious.
Mission146
Mission146
Thanked by
MaxPen
September 28th, 2018 at 12:37:54 PM permalink

First of all, they are not witnesses. Second of all, only one of them says it didn't happen. As a federal judge, the "Honorable Judge" Kavanaugh is misrepresenting what those people said in their statements. That, along with his inability or reluctance to tell the truth about himself, is disqualifying for the SCOTUS.

Cool, now you just need to get 51 people to agree with you.

Actually, you only need to get five people to agree with you. You’ve got 46 in the bag automatically.
September 28th, 2018 at 12:48:02 PM permalink
It is not about guilt or innocent.

Kavanaugh Bears the Burden of Proof

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2018/09/kavanaugh-confirmation/571021/
MaxPen
MaxPen
September 28th, 2018 at 12:48:55 PM permalink

Trump just said he found Dr. Ford to be compelling and very credible, as well as being a fine looking woman.
The lunatics have taken over the asylum.

He doesn't feel like having to deal with the real lunatics by telling the truth.
September 28th, 2018 at 12:53:48 PM permalink
Quote: gamerfreak

Polygraphs are mostly pseudoscience.

Pretty much never admissible in court.

I’d rather not see it be used in something this serious.

I am aware that polygraph test is not admissible in court. But in this serious matter for a SCOTUS lifetime appointment, polygraph test should be considered as part of the FBI investigation (it is my understanding polygraph test is a requirement for many positions in the private and public sectors).
TigerWu
TigerWu
September 28th, 2018 at 12:54:24 PM permalink

Party before country.
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
September 28th, 2018 at 12:55:26 PM permalink
Damn she’s getting death threats? Good thing she got 2 front doors.
Thanked by
Mission146
September 28th, 2018 at 12:56:55 PM permalink

Do you think they can get Maury as a special guest to reveal the results of this polygraph test? Might as well go full on white trash with the proceedings rather than stopping at half measures.

a) Yes
b) Sure
c) Absolutely
d) Why not?
e) all of the above

Ans: (e)
Steverinos
Steverinos
Thanked by
RS
September 28th, 2018 at 1:02:00 PM permalink
Quote: RS

Damn she’s getting death threats? Good thing she got 2 front doors.

You're on a roll!
TigerWu
TigerWu
September 28th, 2018 at 1:44:02 PM permalink
So is anybody making bets on whether or not Kavanaugh makes it?
ams288
ams288
September 28th, 2018 at 1:47:00 PM permalink
This is my prediction for how this will all shake out:

-The FBI investigation corroborates Dr. Ford's testimony but finds no new bombshells.
-Flake, Collins, Murkowski use this as justification for being able to vote for him and all fall in line with the rest of the GOP
-A couple red state Dems (Manchin, Heidkamp) join them
-Kavanaugh gets confirmed next weekend/early the week after
September 28th, 2018 at 1:47:39 PM permalink

So is anybody making bets on whether or not Kavanaugh makes it?

If Kavanaugh is required to take polygraph test, then I'm somewhat confident that he will fail the polygraph test. But in this highly partisan congress, I don't know how the senators will vote.
billryan
billryan
Thanked by
Mission146
September 28th, 2018 at 2:12:27 PM permalink
My College fraternity used to have incredible election battles. Our nickname was the McHebes as we were mostly Irish or Jewish and from very different backgrounds with different agendas.
One election took seven ballots and the two guys who won weren't on the first five.
At the end, no matter who won or lost, the final vote was unanimous so no one could pull the "well, I didn't vote for him".
I'd like to that apply to all Supreme Court nominees. Once a person is confirmed, a unanimous vote of confidence.
billryan
billryan
September 28th, 2018 at 2:12:29 PM permalink
My College fraternity used to have incredible election battles. Our nickname was the McHebes as we were mostly Irish or Jewish and from very different backgrounds with different agendas.
One election took seven ballots and the two guys who won weren't on the first five.
At the end, no matter who won or lost, the final vote was unanimous so no one could pull the "well, I didn't vote for him".
I'd like to that apply to all Supreme Court nominees. Once a person is confirmed, a unanimous vote of confidence.
TigerWu
TigerWu
September 28th, 2018 at 2:48:32 PM permalink
Trump hasn't tweeted in almost 24 hours and he just ordered the FBI investigation into Kavanaugh.

He's either:

a) taking some new and much needed medication.

or

b) plotting something evil in the background.
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
  • Threads: 57
September 28th, 2018 at 3:02:12 PM permalink
I will wager a small amount of money (like $5 or $10) that Kavanaugh voluntarily drops out of consideration for the SCOTUS if someone is willing to give me 3:1 odds.
darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 297
September 28th, 2018 at 3:41:24 PM permalink

The world would be a pretty crappy place if everyone was only concerned about their own welfare.

Thats because you are scared of having to pay for everyone else welfare
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
September 28th, 2018 at 4:57:57 PM permalink
As long as they interview Kavanaugh, Judge under oath along with Kavanaugh roommate, Ramirez and Leland whosis, Trump will drop his nomination. It will get too expensive for him.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
MaxPen
MaxPen
Thanked by
RS
September 28th, 2018 at 5:59:16 PM permalink
Quote: darkoz

Thats because you are scared of having to pay for everyone else welfare

That makes no sense based on my comment. Why do you guys dependent on the dole get so mad at anyone that even says the word WELFARE? I wasn't even inferring in that context.
Besides, if I have anything to say about it, this will be my last year cutting a 5 figure check to the IRS along with having had a similar amount withheld every damn year. That family that I never knew can take my portrait off their vile dartboard as I have thrown their portrait in the trash. Still doesn't stop me from giving of my own free will to the old lady outside of Sprouts or the couple that lives on the bus bench.
Dalex64
Dalex64
  • Threads: 1
September 28th, 2018 at 6:06:18 PM permalink
Ahh, so you plan on legally relieving yourself of more taxes, further burdening the middle class with the expenses of operating the country and the debt load assumed in order to pay for the tax cuts to the wealthy?
Fleaswatter
Fleaswatter
  • Threads: 10
September 28th, 2018 at 8:03:16 PM permalink
For those of you here who have said that you should "lock up" Kavanaugh or have claimed that the statute of limitations for the offense Ford has accused him of has not expired, here are the facts:

Why Maryland police aren’t investigating the Kavanaugh allegation:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/public-safety/amid-the-ford-kavanaugh-exchanges-have-the-local-police-been-asked-to-investigate/2018/09/27/7787d8c0-c297-11e8-a1f0-a4051b6ad114_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.a787ef7481ba

The most serious allegation that authorities could pursue, given the sworn testimony provided by Ford, would be attempted rape. But that was considered a misdemeanor in Maryland in 1982, and that would be the relevant legal standard.
As a misdemeanor, the offense carried a one-year statute of limitations, meaning charges would have had to be filed within a year of an incident, according to John McCarthy, Montgomery County’s longtime chief prosecutor.

Also the following:

Police and State’s Attorney response to Montgomery County House Delegation’s request to open criminal investigation against Judge Brett Kavanaugh

http://www.baltimoresun.com/bal-police-and-state-s-attorney-response-to-montgomery-county-house-delegation-s-request-to-open-crimina-20180928-htmlstory.html
new motto for the left: “I don't know if I received bad information, but I think I suspected there was more than there actually was,” (John Brennan Mar 25, 2019)
MaxPen
MaxPen
September 28th, 2018 at 8:06:23 PM permalink
Dr. Ford might not even be a doctor. Not sure if this is true or not.

https://www.dangerous.com/49836/records-show-dr-ford-is-not-a-licensed-psychologist-may-have-committed-perjury/
ams288
ams288
September 29th, 2018 at 4:53:40 AM permalink

Dr. Ford might not even be a doctor. Not sure if this is true or not.

https://www.dangerous.com/49836/records-show-dr-ford-is-not-a-licensed-psychologist-may-have-committed-perjury/

Jesus. This nonsense could have been figured out by a 2 second Google search.

“She holds a Ph.D. in Educational Psychology from the University of Southern California”
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 89
Thanked by
MaxPen
September 29th, 2018 at 5:14:52 AM permalink
Milo Yiannopoulos totally disgusts me
He runs a site called Dangerous.com
Its a site that pushes Milo's disgusting views and fake news
This is a creep that supports paedophilia
He was forced out of Breibart because of his pedo support , that says a lot
I find it disgusting that anybody posts links from a pedo supporter
I draw the line at Pedo supporters. Totally disgusting
I am against sexual assault regardless if the offender is Trump or Bill Clinton
I believe Ford, I believe Juanita Broderick, I believe all the multiple women that have accused Trump
I am against all Pedo's regardless of politics
Its just a forum. Nothing here to get obsessed about.
  • Jump to: