Thread Rating:

RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
Thanks for this post from:
MaxPenSOOPOO
October 2nd, 2017 at 4:36:21 PM permalink
I really hope the shooter was just a guy who sort of lost his mind in the last few days leading up to the attack and it wasn't based on anything political, religious, or anything like that. It's sad to think someone could do this with those types of motives, bringing even more divisiveness to our country. Also, it's not something that's necessarily treatable or preventable. Whereas if it's a case of mental illness, it seems like that wouldn't bring as much divisiveness to the country and it seems like more can be done with regards to mental illness. The difference is one is terrorism while the other is not. One is worse than the other.
Neutrino
Neutrino
  • Threads: 84
October 2nd, 2017 at 4:49:28 PM permalink
Democrats are pushing anti-gun agenda already. Too soon?
ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 22
October 2nd, 2017 at 4:59:55 PM permalink
Quote: Neutrino

Democrats are pushing anti-gun agenda already. Too soon?

Not soon enough.
Eater of Worlds
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 78
October 2nd, 2017 at 5:12:10 PM permalink
Quote: ams288

Not soon enough.

Yup, not soon enough
Some nut out there with guns may be planning something right now
"Everybody's bragging and drinking that wine, I can tell the Queen of Diamonds by the way she shines, Come to Daddy on an inside straight, I got no chance of losing this time" -Grateful Dead- "Loser"
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 166
October 2nd, 2017 at 5:21:50 PM permalink
There's always a chance he mailed some letters before doing all this. Or they find one.
Quasimodo? Does that name ring a bell?
sammydv
sammydv
  • Threads: 9
October 2nd, 2017 at 5:22:24 PM permalink
EDIT: Sorry , this was a question to Axel and his offender comment.

And you know this how?
Is there a link?

EDit: And the rest of this to people in general ... and I'm glad none of the WON people in Vegas were hurt or effected. There's a lot of support happening out there at this time too.

People should look back at their posts at the time of the horror and see how wrong they were at the time.
People might want to learn from this and not post things based on who knows what.

The news stations are still getting things wrong in their rush for ratings.

The last count given by the Sheriff of Vegas is at 7:45 pm Monday night was 59 dead, 525 injured. Everything I saw after 9:00am was all rehashed phone videos and news attempting to scoop each other. But the live reports from officials went a big way in shutting up the news idiots.
It will probably be days before there's more of concrete facts of the injuries sustained, or even worse died or injured in the stampede.
Just the shrapnel and cement chips created can cause death and carnage.
Last edited by: sammydv on Oct 2, 2017
gordonm888
gordonm888
  • Threads: 38
October 2nd, 2017 at 5:27:34 PM permalink
Quote: DRich

He may have played high school football so I think we should blame it on CTE.

Actually, this is as valid a theory as any of the crap we are hearing on TV. A forensic examination of the shooter's brain will probably tell us more than all these CNN interviews with ex-FBI agents.
So many better men, a few of them friends, were dead. And a thousand thousand slimy things lived on, and so did I.
Boz
Boz
  • Threads: 154
October 2nd, 2017 at 5:30:08 PM permalink
Quote: terapined

Yup, not soon enough
Some nut out there with guns may be planning something right now

There is always North Korea where public ownership of guns is outlawed. Or do you want something in the middle of the America most of us love and North Korea?
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 78
October 2nd, 2017 at 5:41:55 PM permalink
Quote: Boz

There is always North Korea where public ownership of guns is outlawed. Or do you want something in the middle of the America most of us love and North Korea?

Actually thinking about UK, Australia and Japan
"Everybody's bragging and drinking that wine, I can tell the Queen of Diamonds by the way she shines, Come to Daddy on an inside straight, I got no chance of losing this time" -Grateful Dead- "Loser"
Boz
Boz
  • Threads: 154
October 2nd, 2017 at 5:48:33 PM permalink
Quote: terapined

Actually thinking about UK, Australia and Japan

No clue on your income tax contributions but somehow I think America will survive. It seems you will fit in better in all the them but I do wish you well. Life is short and everyone deserves to be happy. I hope the American Dream didn't permanently damage you.

• Jump to: