Thread Rating:

beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 99
October 2nd, 2017 at 8:29:48 PM permalink
Quote: Boz

So was he saying? Let's make it clear:
1. He wants to move to these 3 countries named?
2. Those Countries have better gun laws than the US of America and we should follow their lead?
3. Or?

In any of the above I feel his opinion is welcome here but why not state why you disagree with my opinions?

I don't necessarily disagree with you or him. I don't know the laws of other countries well enough to support what they do. My comment was directed at your second post in the same vein, after he had (imo) clarified he was not saying he was leaving.

I'm somewhere in the middle on this. Gun laws need fixing and enforcement, not banning private ownership. But laws need to be progressively tougher until we find the point this stuff stops happening.

This guy brought down 2 full plane loads of people and terrorized tens of thousands. Doing nothing is not an option.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
slackyhacky
slackyhacky
  • Threads: 48
October 2nd, 2017 at 8:33:52 PM permalink
Quote: Neutrino

I'm going to buy gun stocks now pre market, I heard usually when mass shootings happen gun sales go up because people are afraid liberals will take away their guns. That translate to usually a huge boost to the gun stocks on the stock market

Did you do it? Nice prediction by the way.

https://beta.theglobeandmail.com/globe-investor/gun-stocks-rise-after-las-vegas-shooting/article36457157/?ref=http://www.theglobeandmail.com&

Wiz,

Are you going to let us know if the shooter had a user name here?

(Posting so no one thinks it was me....)
Ahigh
Ahigh
  • Threads: 86
October 2nd, 2017 at 8:42:59 PM permalink
Quote: Boz

Taking away this gibber gabbish. Welcome back.

Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1332
October 2nd, 2017 at 9:50:26 PM permalink
Quote: slackyhacky

Wiz,

I wouldn't know.
It's not whether you win or lose; it's whether or not you had a good bet.
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 171
October 2nd, 2017 at 10:21:47 PM permalink
Any of the poker players recognize him from around the games? I get the feeling most poker pros and or high limit players kind of recognize each other.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 166
October 2nd, 2017 at 10:32:52 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

Any of the poker players recognize him from around the games? I get the feeling most poker pros and or high limit players kind of recognize each other.

When I first saw some of the pictures, I thought he looked familiar, but then I realized he looks like a composite of a bunch of old guys in Vegas.
Quasimodo? Does that name ring a bell?
Rigondeaux
Rigondeaux
  • Threads: 30
October 2nd, 2017 at 11:01:17 PM permalink
Quote: Neutrino

Democrats are pushing anti-gun agenda already. Too soon?

It's an appropriate time to discuss the issue, just as it would be appropriate to discuss infrastructure after a bridge collapse or pertinent regulations after an oil spill etc. These events are a big part of what the discussion is about. Could and should different laws prevent this?

On the other hand, people passionately rooting for the guy to be white or Muslim because they think it validates their ideology are just looking to score cheap political points off a tragedy.

Much of lefty social media was gleeful to learn he was white while righties are still desperately searching for an Islamic conversion.
Ahigh
Ahigh
  • Threads: 86
October 2nd, 2017 at 11:32:17 PM permalink
So nobody on this forum met him or knows him?
Last edited by: Ahigh on Oct 2, 2017
Neutrino
Neutrino
  • Threads: 84
October 3rd, 2017 at 1:38:15 AM permalink
Quote: slackyhacky

Did you do it? Nice prediction by the way.

https://beta.theglobeandmail.com/globe-investor/gun-stocks-rise-after-las-vegas-shooting/article36457157/?ref=http://www.theglobeandmail.com&

Wiz,

(Posting so no one thinks it was me....)

Yes I did it, I bought premarket and sold at around noon. Made about $5k in a day from day trading gun stocks with regards to the news.

Good opportunities like this doesn't happen very often
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
October 3rd, 2017 at 1:46:38 AM permalink
Quote: Ahigh

So nobody on this forum met him or knows him?

Apparently not. Which perhaps indicates his poker playing was not that active or the term poker is being confused with video poker.

The rule is Stay Calm and Carry On. So I'd keep any travel plans to Vegas.

Sorry to hear about Lisa but it shows that the stampede or escape attempts caused injures, not just the bullets.

Has it been determined if any information came over the event speakers.

Anyone know the duration of his gun buying?

• Jump to: